Product Type: Lamaze safety products
Newest Review: ... straps because they are rather short, but it is fine to prop it up against the side of things also. It is designed with young babies in ... more
Lamaze Phase 1 First Mirror
Member Name: kama0529
Lamaze Phase 1 First Mirror
Advantages: Unbreakable mirror. Good reflection. Washable material. Designed for small babies. Lightweight.
Disadvantages: Would like longer attachment straps.
My son had the Lamaze Phase 1 First Mirror when he was a baby and it was something that was in his cot for about 8 months from the time he was about 2 weeks old. It is a mirror that could be propped up against the side of the cot or attached to the side of a moses basket or pen using the velcro straps. It would be helpful if there was the option of longer velcro straps because they are rather short, but it is fine to prop it up against the side of things also. It is designed with young babies in mind and so it was perfect for my little cherub from the time he was born.
The mirror is not made of glass but is instead a kind of plastic material which is reflective in the same way a glass mirror is. Because it is plastic it is very robust and is unbreakable and it doesn't smear anywhere near as much as glass does. The reflection, for a non-glass mirror, is actually pretty good and my son would actually spend time looking at himself.
The mirror has a frame which surrounds the entire mirror. It is made of a padded material which is black and white checkered - and apparently black and white are the contrasting colours that infants can see best. My son found it easy to lift the mirror and so it is really lightweight and would regularly bring it to his face and mouth in order to kiss himself.....a habit which he has thankfully grown out of!!
It does have a foam triangular base which is soft and something my son would also seem to enjoy handling.
The mirror could be wiped over with a damp cloth - and it can be removed from the frame and so the frame can be washed in the washing machine and it always washed well.
I think this is a decent little toy for a small baby and I would recommend it.
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Protect prying fingers.
- Cool for cats but any good for babies?
- Konfidence for parents and children
- Classic way to monitor baby
- Must Have Safety Precautions! Also Adultproof!
- Pricey but worth it!
- Brilliant monitor - yet to meet a Mum who hasn't wanted one after seeing ours!
- The best monitor you can buy!
- An essential purchase for peace of mind
- Tomy Universal Bedrail
- Dreambaby Plastic/Metal Safety Scissors
- Dreambaby Premium Bath Seat
- Samsung SEW3037 3.5 Video Baby Monitor
- Samsung SEW3036 3.5 Video Baby Monitor
- Clippasafe Extendable Fire Guard
- Beurer JLB44 Ultrasonic Air Humidifier
- Dreambaby Reverse Beeper Alert
- Dreambaby Refrigerator Latch
- Dreambaby Rapid Response Fever Alert Flexi-Tip Digital Thermometer