Product Type: Mothercare safety products
Newest Review: ... a pencil they could harm themselves very seriously. Of course we like to think we will not let an accident happen but it is not always pos... more
Mothercare Socket Covers
Member Name: jimmychoogirl
Mothercare Socket Covers
Advantages: Can avoid injury, cheap, easy to use
Disadvantages: easy to lose
My most recenet reviews have tended to be about baby / toddler items and that is because I currently have my one year old nephew staying with me for 4 nights!
He is currently at that exploring stage, where he doesn't just look, but has to touch / eat / put in his mouth everything that he comes into contact with and his new favourite thing seems to be flicking the switches on the sockets.
Now, because this is a dangerous thing to do and is incredibly close to the actual socket holes, I decided to purchase some of these from Mothercare, there is a pack of two priced at £1.99 or a pack of 4 at £2.99, so I bought the pack of 4.
They are a very simply design, just plain white plastic and all you have to do is to slot them into and empty / unused sockets. This then covers the socket to form a flattish surface with no dange of children / toddlers sticking their fingers in.
They are very easy to put in and just slot in like any electrical item would, they do have a tight, snug fit and I have seen my newphew trying to pull them out, however he can't seem to fit his hand properly around it or to get enough grip to pull them out!
Adults, on the other hand, can remove them quickly and easily, though I must admit I did struggle the first couple of times, but that is mainly due to having gel nails and them just sliding about everywhere!!
The main problem I find with these is that once you take them out and put them down somewher you can never find them again, I have already lost two and only purchased them two days ago!!
I would definitley reccomend these as they are a cheap way of making sure that your little one is safe!
Summary: Fried fingers?
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- They really are Easy to Fit.
- Extra security.
- A fantastic neat modern looking baby monitor
- Three years and still going strong, lindam a good baby brand!
- Not as effective as we would have liked
- Don't slam the door
- Pretty mediocre
- Ha, you can't open this one!
- Cage In Those Wild Animals!
- I can see baby and the road well with this mirror
- Bundle Monster New Baby / Child Animal Cushiony Finger Safety Door Stop Guard Se ...
- Bruin Navy Baby Safety Harness
- Hey Baby! Socket Covers
- BabyDan Magnetic Drawer/Cupboard Lock
- Lloytron B850 Baby Monitor
- Kiddiproof Retracting Cupboard Latch
- Kiddiproof Drawer & Cupboard Catches
- Mothercare Window Catch
- Mio Bambino No Trip Safety Gate
- Sentinel Click and Twist Safety Gate