Product Type: Mothercare safety products
Newest Review: ... that it was just a matter of time before he would be into everything I swiftly went out and bought all the babyproofing goods I had r... more
Protection for little fingers
Mothercare Socket Covers
Member Name: kat1234
Mothercare Socket Covers
Advantages: stay in place well
As I mentioned in my previous review, we purchased a home safety starter set from Mothercare for £12.99 when my son first became mobile. Within this set there were 6 plastic socket covers, as pictured above. These can be placed into any three pin electrical socket that is exposed and could be attractive to inquisitive babies who just love to stick there fingers in things!
The socket covers themselves are really very basic - but functional, serving their purpose completely. They are made of a very lightweight plastic so feel like they are not very robust, but in my experience, they haven't bent or snapped. They slot very easily into the socket, although I do have difficulty removing them - having to get my nails behind them to get a good grip. Whilst this is a minor annoyance to me, it is also reassuring that my son will not, even when he is more capable of understanding and his strength and co-ordination improves, be able to remove them. They sit very flushly in the sockets and, as we tend to use these in sockets that we don't really use (the others are beyind his reach or have plugs in) they stay in place most of the time. Being white. the colour of the sockets, they are not obvious or an eye sore either.
We needed more than the 6 provided in the pack (as I would suspect most households would) and purchased a packet of 12 for £6.99. I have read reviews that say we do not need socket covers to make the home safe and they could actually be more dangerous, but I personally like the reassurance that, even if my son can't get his fingers in there, his toys won't go in there either. Overall, if you are looking to buy socket covers, I would recommend these ones to you.
Summary: decent socket covers
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Pretty mediocre
- Ha, you can't open this one!
- Cage In Those Wild Animals!
- I can see baby and the road well with this mirror
- Clippasafe Socket Covers - keeping little hands safe
- Triple locked - just mind your step passing through it!
- Lindam Pressure Fit Safety Gate
- Pricey but worth it!
- Keeping 'Trouble' out of Mischief...
- Brilliant monitor - yet to meet a Mum who hasn't wanted one after seeing ours!
- Lindam Extending Metal Safety Gate
- Lindam 7CM Universal Extension
- Lindam 28CM Universal Extension
- Lindam 14CM Universal Extension
- Lascal KiddyGuard Accent
- Baby Dan Window Lock Outwards
- Clippasafe Cabinet Lock
- Clippasafe Fridge Lock
- Clippasafe Microwave and Oven Lock
- Kiddiproof Retracting Cupboard Latch