Product Type: Safety 1st safety products
Newest Review: ... in the house. I had all of the obvious things covered, but I never thought I would need things like door stoppers, (but boy was I wr... more
Safety 1st slam stopper
Safety 1st Slam Stopper
Member Name: loopcinda
Safety 1st Slam Stopper
Advantages: Stops children slamming fingers in doors
My children have all developed a love of slamming doors from around the age of 18 months. Luckily, I discovered the Slam Stoppers.
The Safety 1st Slam Stoppers come in a pack of 2. The pack is primarily a piece of card, with a plastic container at the front which contains the stoppers. The back of the card has the usage instructions, which are basically - fit the stopper around the edge of the door you want to stop slamming.
The slam stoppers are made of white foam, which is approx 1 inch thick. It is in a letter "C" shape, but if it was a full circle, the diameter would be about 4 inches.
The foam is hard, but slightly flexible, meaning that it will fit over most standard size doors without a problem. We have a slam stopper on every single one of our internal downstairs doors. I simply couldn't live without them! We put them over the top of the door, meaning that there is no way the kids can get to them. When you try to close the door, the edge of the slam stoppers hits the door frame leaving a gap of a couple of cm. It is therefore impossible for children to slam or even close the door on their fingers. Without this invention, I think we would have had a few trips to the hospital by now!
The stoppers do start to crack eventually and I think over the last 3 years that we've been using this product, I've had to replace 2 of them - but they had taken a serious amount of abuse!
We even use a slam stopper on our piano lid, to make sure they don't bring it down on their fingers. It's a bit loose, but it does the job.
If you do want to close a door, they are removed in seconds and do no damage to your door or door frame.
These are a brilliant invention and any house with young children would find them a worthwhile purchase. I've never paid more than £1.50 for a pack of 2 and at that price they are a steal.
Summary: A top child safety product
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- The debate as to whether or not to cover your plugs goes on....
- A brilliantly lightweight and flexible stairgate to go!
- Absolutely locked on YOU!
- Make Children LOVE Your Plugs!
- Useful with careful supervision
- Must Have Safety Precautions! Also Adultproof!
- Brilliant monitor - yet to meet a Mum who hasn't wanted one after seeing ours!
- Simple, Quality and Reliable Baby Monitor
- The best monitor you can buy!
- An essential purchase for peace of mind
- Dreambaby Mini Multi Purpose Latch
- Dreambaby Microwave & Oven Lock
- Dreambaby Magnetic Knob
- Dreambaby Mag Lock
- Dreambaby Household Safety Kit UK
- Emmay Care Safety Gate Extra Tall
- Emmay Care Safety Gate Extension Standard
- Emmay Care Safety Gate Extension Extra Tall
- Emmay Care Soft Cushion Potty Seat coloured
- Emmay Care What Lock