Newest Review: ... selling this 'See me' mirror for around £ and I thought it was worth it. This mirror which is completely flat, can either be attached... more
Member Name: oioiyou
Sunshine Kids See Me Adjustable Mirror
Advantages: see what baby is up to whilst driving
Disadvantages: none that I can think of
When our youngest boy was born I got this wonderful mirror to attach to the head rest of the seat he was on. As his first car seat was rear facing I wouldn't have been able to spy on him during our journeys. I loved being able to quickly know if he's just coughing or if there's a need for me to pull the car over and see to him.
Little man has just moved into the next stage of car seat and is facing forward now so no need to use the mirror. I tried at first to angle my rear view mirror to see him and the cars behind me but to do that I had to turn it almost fully sideways. I made a trip to Halfords and had a look around the car seat area and found the Sunshine Kids mirror. It was priced at £4.99 so I grabbed it and figured if it was useless at least it didn't waste too much money.
By the time I got to the shops the baby had fallen asleep so I took that opportunity to set the mirror up. It was all ready to put up so it was just a matter of placing it and then getting the right angle.
- Stick the suction cup against the windscreen and turn the base to lock it into place. No need to moisten the suction cup.
- Turn knob counter-clockwise for a tight vacuum. The box says to wash and dry the area of the windscreen prior to placing the mirror into place but I didn't bother.
The box says you can see larger area with no distortion of image but I'm sure it's a bit magnified. It doesn't bother me at all as I can still easily see the baby but I thought it was worth mentioning.
The mirror can adjust into a number of positions (6-way pivot) and it was fast and easy to find the right one for me.
I got the pushchair out of the boot and when I shut the boot the mirror fell off. For such an inexpensive item I wasn't surprised. I put it back into place and went into town. On my drive home I readjusted the mirror. I think it was because the baby had his head resting on the other side of the seat. All I had to do was tap it which was quite convenient as I did it at a stoplight. The mirror was obviously locked into place a lot better the second time as it hasn't fallen off since. I'm so glad I found it as I can see properly out of my rear view mirror and see the baby at the same time. This mirror is a great next step from the Sunshine Kids Easy View Back Seat Mirror.
A friend of mine has her daughter in a rear facing seat and she uses both of the above mentioned mirrors and thinks they are great. The mirror doesn't get in the way being on the windscreen however where I've placed it stops the visor from going all the way forward but that's my own problem.
The flat panel safety mirror measures 2.25" H x 4.75" W. The mirror itself is safety plastic so no worries about breaking it.
In addition to the two mentioned mirrors I have been really happy with the Sunshine Kids products. I just got a light weight stroller and unlike my bigger pushchair it doesn't have anywhere for a drink or keys and such so I ordered the buggy buddy which will hang onto the handle bars and allow me to take a drink and a few things like phone, keys and maybe a piece of fruit or snack for the baby with. It looks good but I've only had it a couple days so I'll wait and road test it some more before reviewing it.
© oioiyou 2009
Summary: good, cheap product that I couldn't live without now!
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Fisher Price Sounds and Light Monitor
- No frills, No fuss, just comfort for your baby.
- Check the sensitivity otherwise you'll find it a bleeping nuisance
- Fantastic sound quality - worth every penny!
- Lindam Easy Fit Gate - The Best of the Best!
- Protecting Little Ears
- Great Gate!!
- Rein that boy in!
- Good quality monitor with some additional features
- Triple locked - just mind your step passing through it!
- Dreambaby General Purpose Latch
- Dreambaby Furniture Wall Straps
- Dreambaby Furniture Anchor
- Dreambaby Foam Edge Bumpers
- Dreambaby Foam Edge Bumper
- Kiddiproof Drawer & Cupboard Catches
- Mothercare Window Catch
- Mio Bambino No Trip Safety Gate
- Sentinel Click and Twist Safety Gate
- Lindam Easy Fit Pressure Mounted Safety Gate