Product Type: Tomy safety products
Newest Review: ... one of our monitors got lost so for the next baby we will be going for another Tomy model as I believe this model is no longer available.... more
Tomy Walkabout 3000
Member Name: JonRose
Tomy Walkabout 3000
Date: 10/08/00, updated on 10/08/00 (229 review reads)
Advantages: portable, powerful and a light diplay
Disadvantages: can sometimes pick up intererence and cause marital problems.
This is one of the most useful products we have got for our babies. We bought it for our first child and are still using it with our second. It just has to be in the same room as the baby and it will pick up anything louder than light breathing.
The only drawbacks are that we have had it on for so long now that the batteries in the protable unit have completely drained and we need to get them replaced, but the range on this monitor is very adequate and we have used it all over a large house and garden with not too many reception problems.
The moitor comes with two channels to help reduce the problem of interference and there are several other parents with moitors with 2/3 houses of us and they have never picked up our monitor and we have never heard their.
This is an absolute essential for peace of mind - you can put your children down to bed and are then safe in the knowledge that you can hear them quickly if they wake up.
Two very important things to remember:
1. Don't forget to switch it on - "The kids are very quiet tonight dear".
2. Don't forget it is switched on - "Oh God! I hate it when your mother comes to visit!"
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Dreambaby Non Slip Bath Tub Appliques
- Dreambaby Non Slip Bath Tub Colour Changing Appliques
- Dreambaby Non-Slip Bath Suction Mat Small
- Dreambaby Non-Slip Bath Tub Strips
- Dreambaby No Tools No Screws Safety Kit UK
- Dreambaby Safety Catches
- Dreambaby Room & Bath Thermometer Crocodile
- Dreambaby Room & Bath Digital Thermometer Duck
- Dreambaby Reverse Beeper Alert
- Dreambaby Refrigerator Latch