Product Type: Cadbury Chocolate
Newest Review: ... Egg itself is (or perhaps I should say was...) wrapped in blue shiny foil with the Cadburys logo all over. The egg itself was a hollow E... more
you can keep your Thornton's.....
Cadbury Buttons Easter Egg
Member Name: freud
Cadbury Buttons Easter Egg
Advantages: tasty, well-priced,lovely colour, sensible packaging
Disadvantages: not for dieters
OK - call me old-fashioned/ conventional/ boring if you like but in my opinion the best chocolate Easter egg in the world is the Cadbury's Button one.
Ever since I was a child I loved Cadbury's buttons & their Easter egg which seem to taste exactly the same today as it did all those years ago (cheese, eggs, milk & bread don't though!)
I've tried Thornton's & the top Belgian & Swiss choc eggs, I've tried handmade & Harrods but I still prefer Cadbury's.
To me the chocolate in their eggs is perfect - not bitter & not overly sweet.
The texture (thinnish in places & thicker towards the centre) is great & yje milk chocolate colour is exactly right.
Cadbury's don't go OTT with their packaging - their foil wrapped eggs are presented in a sensible-sized box & inside the hollow egg is a good handful of delicious buttons wrapped simply in a cellophane bag.
They still use purple in their packaging so it's easy to find the Cadbury products amongst the 100s of other eggs & this year, as usual, they have little cardboard characters on the box which you can cut out.
All the ingredients are listed on the box along with the nutritional values.
I won't list all these but just to warn you that if you ate the whole egg plus the buttons you'd be consuming nearly 1000 calories.
Is it worth it?
In my opinion - yes! It's only Easter once a year & for £1 or less these eggs are a real treat & are enjoyed by all ages up & down the country.
I like to pop mine in the fridge for a few hours as I don't like soft chocolate & it lasts me just a tiny bit longer as cold eggs have more 'bite'.
You can keep your more sophisticated chocolate - for me it's Cadbury's Buttons Eggs thankyou very much!
- great price - £1 or less for a good sized hollow egg & small pack of Buttons.
- lovely milk-chocolatey colour & taste.
- perfect flavour for me (not bitter & not sickly sweet).
- Not a lot of unecessary, wasted packaging.
Summary: in my opinion the best egg around
- Bovetti White Chocolate Bar
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Of 12 Chocolates Opales
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Of 12 Chocolates Cachemire
- Bovetti White Chocolate
- Chocolate Garden Luxury Chocolate Fruit And Nut Assortment
- Chocolate Garden Raisins And Strawberries Chocolate
- Chocolate Garden Gooseberries In Chocolate
- Chocolate Garden Cherries In Chocolate