Product Type: Cadbury Chocolate
Newest Review: ... a minature bar trying a full sized one wold be different, sadly it was not. Chocolate too thin and fondant seemed too runny. Will be s... more
Better than the egg!
Cadbury Crème Egg Twisted
Member Name: leighsady
Cadbury Crème Egg Twisted
Advantages: Chunky solid chocolate. Less of the over sweet fondant creme.
Disadvantages: Not much really, but very high in calories and sugar.
What is it?
A milk chocolate bar by Cadbury's.
It's a chocolate bar with a soft fondant cream centre. More importantly, it's a 'spin-off' from Cadbury's Crème Egg.
What do I think?
I actually like this and prefer it over the egg. The proportions of this are actually much better and more accessible than the egg. What is good about this is that I can actual bite into this without having to open my mouth so wide that I could pop an egg in there...
This has the same fondant centre as the egg and a nice big helping of thick milk chocolate covering it. I think this bar is so much better than the egg as the helping of the cream fondant centre seems much less, as in there is a thin helping of it in the bar, whereas with the egg it was a very large yoke portion of it, and being so sweet, it was quite 'sickly'.
I'm not sure why the bar is called 'Twisted' - there is a kind of ribbed texture pattern on the chocolate bar itself, so maybe this is supposed to resemble the 'twisted' part.
Overall, with there being a thinner portion of the cream fondant centre with each bite, the bar does definitely taste less sweeter and less 'sickly'. I really like the fact the there is a thick helping of chocolate as this is the most important part for a chocolate - with there being enough of the chocolate!
The bar costs around 57p and although it doesn't say on the packet it is roughly about 40-50g in weight (deducing this from the calories chart). The bar looks visibly quite small, but I think this is the right size portion for what it is. I would much prefer to have this for easter rather than the egg!
A great twist of Cadbury's Crème Egg.
Thanks for reading.
Summary: Prefer this.
More reviews in the field of Chocolate
- My last Rolo? Of course you can have it... Because they are rank!
- a nice change to Milk Chocolate
- Yummy chocolate flapjacks
- It's Maltesers, but not as we know them
- It's Cadbury's, just a little less so
- Cadbury's for Adults
- Revels - the best kind of lucky dip!
- A terrific new nibble from the UK's favourite chocolate!
- Chapon Chocolatier Theatre Chocolate Box
- Chapon Chocolatier Travelling Trunk Full Of Chocolates
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Trésor Matin Blanc Chapon
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Of Chocolate Python Handbag
- Monbana Chocolatier 3 Chocolate Bouchees Box
- Michel Cluizel The Chocolatier's Art Collection
- Michel Cluizel Taste The Cocoa Collection
- Michel Cluizel Single Estate Tasting Selection Of Chocolates