Product Type: Cadbury Chocolate
Newest Review: ... deliver the goods straight to our brain's pleasure centres. So combining that beautiful Cadbury taste with soft, runny caramel has to make... more
Does the Caramel improve the Dairy Milk?
Member Name: sharper_fin
Advantages: It's Cadbury. What's not to love?
Disadvantages: Too much of it is a bit sickly.
If you read magazines or watch chefs cooking on television they'll tell you that the only chocolate worth buying is one with a really high cocoa content. It's supposedly better in every way. But if that were the case how come Cadbury's is Britain's best-selling chocolate brand by far? Let's be honest, that ultra-strong, ultra-dark stuff is nice for a treat or a gift from someone special but what most of us want is a basic chocolate hit and Cadbury's have been providing exactly that for generations. Their bars are cheap, tasty and deliver the goods straight to our brain's pleasure centres.
So combining that beautiful Cadbury taste with soft, runny caramel has to make a good thing even better, right? Especially if you can find them on offer as I did at just £1 for four small bars? Well... no, actually. The addition of the soft toffee centre in this bar just makes the whole thing a little sickly. Peel back the familiar purple and yellow wrapper and your nose is greeted by an immediate lovely chocolaty burst which promises heaven in a bar but after eating more than a few squares I began to feel a little queasy and didn't fancy devouring the whole bar at once (and believe me, I can chomp my way through a huge bar of Dairy Milk in one sitting). At 190 calories in a small Caramel bar that's perhaps no bad thing. While it tastes nice - very nice indeed - it does leave a little bit of a chemically aftertaste and certainly doesn't make you want to eat all of it in one go.
As with all confectionaries I can't recommend mass consumption wholeheartedly. You don't need me to tell you that eating lots of chocolate makes you fat and spotty. But they say that a little of what you fancy does you good and I'd certainly fancy a little more of this at a later date. But just a little.
Summary: Nice, but not as nice as Dairy Milk
More reviews in the field of Chocolate
- The Pinnacle of Chocolate Snacks
- It ruined my diet
- Scuba takes a creamy break.
- Terrible for the health, sickly,etc, but better than Twix, ex lover of mars revi ...
- A little bit of Lindor luxury once in a while...
- Tiny eggs of perfection-many have tried to replicate but they won't taste like t ...
- Kinnerton Advent Calendars
- Omg yummy!
- Valrhona White Baking Chocolate Ivoire 35%
- Valrhona Grand Cru Milk Baking Chocolate Jivara 40%
- Valrhona Grand Cru Dark Baking Chocolate Caraïbe 66%
- Valrhona Dark Chocolate Couverture Guanaja 70%
- Chocolate Trading Co Superior Selection Cherries In Kirsch
- Chocolate Trading Co Superior Selection Dark Chocolate Gingers
- Chocolate Trading Co Superior Selection Orangettes
- Chocolate Trading Co Superior Selection Salted Butter Caramels