Product Type: Mars Chocolate
Newest Review: ... was360 Grammes in weight and was suitable for vegetarians . The box has a very clever opening,when the lid is opened ,there is an inner l... more
a sweet and crunchy snack for every occassion
Member Name: minnums
Date: 24/06/10, updated on 29/06/10 (23 review reads)
Advantages: really tasty and can be scoffed with relish or delicately nibbled
Disadvantages: they're not actually all that much 'lighter than the average chocolate'
Maltesers are a Mars product wherein they have coated delicate, malt flavoured honeycomb balls with their lovely chocolate. Whether you munch them one after the other, or laboriously nibble away the outer chocolate, they are delicious. They come in a good range of quantities, from the fun size 19.7g bag (sold as multipack) to a 120g box. My problem is that they have the advertising campaign of there being so few calories, which I feel is a little misleading, as although I suppose that isn't bad, it is not much better than some other chocolate snacks. I don't know any other malt flavoured chocolate and they are wonderful. They are one of my sweets of choice at the cinema because they are one of those that come in a bag just the right size for it and you can dip in and out. As well as the original Maltesers, you can get Malteser ice cream and hot drink, which are also nice, but do not quite live up to the actual sweets.
(nutritional information as published on tesco.com)
Typical values per 100g-Energy 505kcal-Protein7.9g-Carbohydrate61.9g- of which sugars53.3g-Fat25.0g- of which saturates15.2g-Fibre1.1g-Sodium0.14g-Salt0.36g
Summary: malt flavoured honey comb covered in chocolate = good plan
More reviews in the field of Chocolate
- the epitome of Easter themed confectionary
- Got the munchies, give these ago if you have a majour sweet tooth!
- Old Jamaica Chocolate
- M & S Chocolate Buttons - not just any chocolate buttons!
- Fox's Rocky chocolate bar a great taste except for cola version!!
- Very Peculiar sums this up Perfectly!
- Cadbury's chocolate eclairs - something and nothing!
- Yummy... but Messy!
- Lindt Cointreau Liqueur Chocolate Bar
- Lindt Irish Coffee Liqueur Chocolate Bar
- Lindt Cognac Liqueur Chocolate Bar
- Chocmod Dark Chocolate Coated Dome Mint Marshmallows
- Sweets 'N' Candy Chocolate Coated Raisins
- Sweets 'N' Candy Chocolate Coated Peanuts
- Sweets 'N' Candy Chocolate Cinder Toffee
- Sweets 'N' Candy Chocolate Beans