Product Type: Mars Chocolate
Newest Review: ... as well as their own brand) shows the lack of thought given to the flavours of the Mars Planets. The Mars Nougat & Mars Caramel work b... more
An out of this world experience?
Member Name: kcsevenoaks
Advantages: Great tasting
Disadvantages: Not enough in the packet
I'm going to start this review with a pretty bold and controversial comment - Us Brits make the best chocolate in the world. Now I have tried American, South African and many other countries version of the brown delight, but whether you are a Cadbury fan or a Mars brand fan we win hands down in the world chocolate league.
For those who love the Mars brand of chocolate and in particular the famous Mars Bar, the new variation on this theme are Mars Planets. These are small round chocolate sweets with a mixture of three centres in the packet.
Soft Centre: This is a fluffy nougat type filling, much like the fluffy filling in a original mars bar. This gives a lovely mars bar type feel to these sweets.
Crispy Centre: This is a crunchy mix between a Malteeser type centre and a biscuit type centre, which is nice and crunchy with a malty taste.
Chewy Centre: This is a lovely smooth and silky chewy caramel, harder than in a regular mars bar but tastier in my opinion.
Individually these are nice but mix and match them in your mouth and you get a much better experience in my opinion.
I like these chocolates and see them as a nice alternative to the mars bar when you want something different. 4 Stars from me.
Now the info. I paid 56p for my 36g pack. There 179 calories per pack and 8.3g of fat. So fairly calorific for a small bag, but like all sweet treats, once in a while in moderation is fine.
Summary: A nice aternative to the mars bar
More reviews in the field of Chocolate
- So, Basically, I was stood there trying to decide between the Milk and the Dark. ...
- crunchy balls of deliciousness
- Aero Gold
- Christmassy Aero
- Does the Caramel improve the Dairy Milk?
- It's Maltesers, but not as we know them
- It's Cadbury's, just a little less so
- It's a new generation of Dairy Milk, but who's it for?
- Michel Cluizel Single Estate Chocolate Ganaches
- Michel Cluizel Mini Selection Of Single Estate Chocolates
- Michel Cluizel Milk Chocolate
- Michel Cluizel Les Minigrammes Dark Chocolate Spheres
- Sweets 'N' Candy Chocolate Pebbles
- Sweets 'N' Candy Pink And White Chocolate Mice
- Sweets 'N' Candy Toffee Crumble
- Sweets 'N' Candy White Chocolate Mice