Newest Review: ... choc covered toffee, and chocolate covered...well, chocolate! For me they are a dream - I love all of the flavours and love anything t... more
Revels- Russian roulete for many, not for me!
Member Name: lionelblairite
Advantages: Unique, different flavours and textures, all flavours well executed
Disadvantages: Many people dislike one or more of the flavours, so for them a packet is a risk!
Yay, more chocolate! Plus this time, there are also numerous fillings to critique, huurah!
Revels are made by Mars and are a fairly unique product on the market. They come in bags of various sizes, with a standard pack coming in at 35g. Simply put, revels are assorted centres all covered in milk chocolate, but that makes them sound boring, which they certainly are not! There has been some variation regarding the centres over the years but it's the current line up i shall be reviewing.
Chocolate counter- This is a minstrel/counter shaped chocolate piece. It tastes remarkably like Galaxy milk chocolate, and it probably is considering these are made by Mars. Very creamy and tasty, but not exactly exciting.
Toffee- A hard, chewy toffee centre coated in milk chocolate. These really are chewy, a bit too chewy infact, but other than that pleasant tasting.
Raisin- The classic chocolate coated raisin. I love these, but they wont be to everyone's tastes.
Malteser- Yep a malteser, not in a bag of maltesers! To me this inclusion this makes little sense, as if you fancied maltesers you'd buy some! Alas, not exactly bad tasting, crisp malty honeycomb coated in chocolate
Coffee- Probably the most notorious revel, many hate them, i know people who buy them simply for their inclusion. Coffee flavoured creamy stuff covered in milk chocolate, very sweet and not over-powering coffee wise.
Orange- Same format as the coffee, but orange! My personal favourite, smooth full flavoured orange creamy-ness covered with milk chocolate.
Summary: A good choice for those who like a bit of variation with their chocolate
More reviews in the field of Chocolate
- Cadbury Caramel- Whats a rabbit got to do with caramel?
- Cadbury's curlywurly- Its curly, and its wurly
- Over-Hyped, Over-Priced and Over Here!
- Turkish delight- Didnt know pink sugar was turkish?
- Nestle Smarties
- Sainsbury's White Chocholate - worst thing ever happened to me
- Bitesize bubbly minty dryness . . .
- Biscuit? Wafer? Chocolate bar? Who cares?!
- Chapon Chocolatier Theatre Chocolate Box
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Trésor Matin Blanc Chapon
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Of Chocolate Python Handbag
- Chapon Chocolatier Box Of 56 Chocolates
- Walkers Traditional Milk Chocolate Eclairs
- Walkers Traditional Milk Chocolate Toffees
- Co-op Fairtrade Fruit & Nut Milk Chocolate