Newest Review: ... choc covered toffee, and chocolate covered...well, chocolate! For me they are a dream - I love all of the flavours and love anything t... more
Which will you choose?!
Member Name: xamyp87x
Advantages: Tasty, good value, good for sharing
Disadvantages: Not everyone likes all flavours!
I recently went to the cinema and snuck some of these lovely sweets in from the Tesco across the road - no way am I paying cinema prices!
The reason we chose these over other sweets was that I wanted Malteasers and my friend wanted something different, and so we decided that a combination of the both would be best.
The bag of revels is 35g, although they are also available in other sizes - large share bags and ones which are a little smaller. The 35g bag retails for roughly 50p and the larger bags are often on offer with other Mars products.
The bag is orange with different shades of brown and orage as stripes. It has the large Revels logo on the front and a picture of each type of sweet inside.
The back of the packet holds all of the usual nutritional information.
The bag is easy to open and is easy to tear so there is a little hole, or open fully.
The bag contains quite a few chocolates and more than I imagined they would hold - quite often with bags of sweets/chocolates you get a lot less than you expect!
The bag contains 6 different types of chocolate and some are definately more favoured than others!
- Chocolate disc - this is similar is shape and size to a Minstrel, but without the outer shell coating. It has the distinct Mars chocolate taste and melts in your mouth - although is slightly boring.
- Caramel - this is a solid, hard caramel, coated in a thin layer of Mars chocolate. This is a lovely one, although if you are expecting it to be a softer orange, then it can hurt your teeth!
- Coffee - The dreaded coffee flavour! If you like coffee then you will love this one, although I am always disappointed when I am expecting an orange centre and it is coffee!
- Orange - Similar is shape and size to the coffee one and has a lovely orange flavoured soft centre - probably my favourite!
- Malteaser - The classic Malteaster!
- Raisin - not my favourite - a raisin covered in Mars chocolate.
I think the beauty of these sweets is that you never know what you are going to have next, until you have managed to figure out which is which from the shape!!
They are a great choice for sharing as there is something that everyone will like, and they are not too expensive, especially when they are on offer.
With 168kcal for a 35g bag, they are not perfect, but they are good for a tasty treat!
- Treasure Island Sweets Dark Green Chocolate Hearts
- Treasure Island Sweets Chocolate Fish And Chips
- Treasure Island Sweets Gold Chocolate Balls
- Treasure Island Sweets Chocolate Marzipan Bar
- Lindt Orange Recipe Chocolate Bar
- Lindt Raspberry Milk Chocolate Bar
- Lindt Hazelnut And Raisin Gold Chocolate Bar
- Lindt Hazelnut Gold Chocolate Bar