Newest Review: ... (E104, E110, E132, E122, E124) ,Glazing Agent (Carnauba Wax) ,Vegetable Oil ,(Traces: peanut) ,Milk Chocolate contains Milk Solids 14% ... more
What one will you pick out?
Member Name: 9217niall
Advantages: 6 different varities, sweet tasting, available in lots of places
Disadvantages: High calories, too many raisins!
Packaged in their traditional orange, brown and slightly red livery, they really stand out from the crowd. The packet has "revels" written on it in white bubble writing and orange shading around the outside.
They come in the standard bags of 35g or you can purchase the large 140g bag, which is re-sealable and great for sharing. However, as they're so morish, they're also great for keeping to yourself; not so good for your waistline, mind you.
One 35g bag contains 168 kilocalories, which is 8% of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA) based on a 2000kcal diet. One bag also contains 7.4g of fat, which is 11% of your GDA. Definitely try and refrain from eating too much of these!
I purchased my small bag for 55 pence in my local corner shop, so they're probably cheaper elsewhere. The larger bag of 140g are around £1.60, yet you can purchase them in Poundland and Home Bargains for £1 which is far more respectable price to pay. You can find these bags in all good shops and newsagents. There are even larger bags but I think these are only available in cinemas.
There are 6 varieties of sweets inside the bag. These are:-
* Coffee: a round, chocolate coated sweet with a soft, but strong tasting coffee centre. Many people dislike this, but it is my favourite since I love the flavour so much and I wish they'd do a bag of these on their own. For those of you who don't like it, there's not many of these, in fact I'd say it's the one that there is the least amount of.
* Orange: very similar in principle to the coffee one, the same size too. Definitely more of these, again a soft centre in the middle and a subtle orange flavour, gives a like kick when you bite into it.
* Chocolate; this is just a whole chocolate shape in the style of the "minstrel" sweets but without the crisp outer shell. I like them but I prefer "minstrels" because of the crispness of the shell, but it is a nice sweet in this set of combinations.
* Toffee: slightly smaller than the coffee/orange but nonetheless a very sweet confectionary item. It does get stuck in your teeth and it's very hard to chew but I do like it very much because it's something different, something for you to sink your teeth into. Sometimes I find that the toffee is slightly too hard and in those cases, very hard to chew.
* Raisin: your typical chocolate coated raisin, like you can get in the "pick n mix" ranges in shops. The raisins are always soft and they taste great, but there are always an awful lot of these in the bag, which is a big disappointment in my eyes, because if I wanted loads of these I would have bought a bag of them. Just by the size of it, you'll know what you're going to eat.
* Malteaser: the same as any other malteaser, the honeycomb centre and a very light chocolate. The largest of all so you know what you're going to be eating just from feeling it but I do like an odd malteaser so the inclusion of these is fantastic for revels. Lovely and crispy to bite into.
In previous versions there were coconut and peanut versions, which were replaced by the current coffee and raisin versions respectively. Although I never tried these, the coconut one sounds extremely appealing; I'm a big lover of Bounty!
A "Big Brother" eviction campaign was launched in July 2008, with Coffee receiving the majority of the votes. They were replaced with a strawberry crème version, but coffee returned by the turn of the New Year. I am glad that the coffee remains, I found the strawberry too sweet and vile to an extent.
4 stars from me, I love these sweets but there they're carlorie crazy and I'm fed up of so many raisin ones.
Thanks for reading.
Summary: A good variety bag that'll satisfy your sweet tooth
- Snooty Weasel Banquet For Two Menu A
- Snooty Weasel Banquet For Two Menu B
- Jelly Bean Factory White Chocolate Coated Raspberry Jelly Beans
- Snooty Weasel Banquet For Four Menu A
- Kingsway Chewy Chocolate Bon Bons
- Hershey's Tootsie Roll Chew Sticks
- Nestle Butterfinger
- Dandy Candy Pink Foiled Milk Chocolate And Praline Eggs