Newest Review: ... choc covered toffee, and chocolate covered...well, chocolate! For me they are a dream - I love all of the flavours and love anything t... more
Revels - the best kind of lucky dip!
Member Name: abyznw
Advantages: Variety, good quality chocolate
Disadvantages: Not so great if you don't like them all
Re-living my childhood this weekend I bought myself a pack of Revels (on offer at £1 for a 100g bag at the moment at Mr Ts!)
They are a mixed bag of small chocolates that include Maltesers, chocolate coated orange fondant, choc covered raisins, chocolate covered coffee fondant, choc covered toffee, and chocolate covered...well, chocolate!
For me they are a dream - I love all of the flavours and love anything that involves chocolate, but if you are not a fan of all of them then these really aren't as fun! My boyfriend hates the coffee ones, and while the raisin / chocolate revels are easy to identify, it's often hard to tell which ones are orange, toffee or coffee! I would say one negative is that the toffee is sometimes a bit too hard, and always makes me worry I'm about to lose a tooth!!
What I think is the best thing about Revels is the variety - one mouthful is crunchy chocolate malteser, the next chewy toffee or citrus-y fondant, so you don't get bored tasting the same flavour all the time.
The new 100g bags are also really handy for taking to the cinema - the bags are soft plastic (so not loads of noisy rustling to annoy your neighbours, and it comes with a sticky pad to re-seal (...a bit redundant for me as there's never any left!)
All in all a great confectionary item, recommended to anyone who wants a bit of variety in their chocolate!
Summary: A good treat
More reviews in the field of Chocolate
- A wonderful tasty treat
- Mini bars of Kinder yumminess (not just for the kids....)
- Favourite thing from the Cadburys line and a dieters treat!
- Lovely Lindt Lindor
- It's Maltesers, but not as we know them
- It's Cadbury's, just a little less so
- Cadbury's for Adults
- It's a new generation of Dairy Milk, but who's it for?
- Milka Crispello A La Vanilla Pudding
- Pischinger Mignon Milk Chocolate Threesome
- Pischinger Mignon Finest Bitter Threesome
- Pischinger Hazelnut Rolls
- Venchi No Added Sugar Milk Chocolate Bar
- Michel Cluizel Ivoire White Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Trading Co Chocolate Santa Lolly
- Chocolate Trading Co Dark Chocolate Pearls