Product Type: Nestle Chocolate
Newest Review: ... not too sweet and sickly either, so I can eat quite a few of them in one go. Smarties are a very accessible chocolate and can be bought f... more
A smart sweet
Member Name: sympatic
Advantages: Orange ones tatse nicer
Disadvantages: Sort of grown out of them
Smarties have been around for seventy years apparently so they sure have lasted a long time and it shows that they must be doing something right as they are still very popular today especially amongst young children.
Some of that success is probably because adults link them to their own childhood and so buy them for their own off spring when they are young. They are made by the Nestle company.
They are small sweets that come in a tube, each sweet is a small disc of milk chocolate and is covered with a crisp sugar shell. The colours are all bright and have no link to actual flavour, with the exception of the orange one they all taste the same. In all there are blue, orange, red, green, yellow, pink, purple and brown ones.
They have a nice crunch to them and the chocolate is nice and creamy, basically I find I tended to have more than one in my mouth at a time. The only one that does taste different is the orange one as this has an orange flavour in the chocolate and was always my favourite.
Summary: Chocolate from Nestle
- RJ's Licorice Licorice/Chocolate Single Logs
- RJ's Licorice Raspberry Chocolate Twists
- Seed & Bean Dark Chocolate Lemon & Cardamom Chocolate Bar
- Seed & Bean Dark Chocolate 58% Hazelnut Organic & Fair Trade
- Inspiral Chocolatey Superfood Bites
- Inspiral Chocolatey Granola
- Happy People Planet Org Almonds Ft Milk Chocolate
- Happy People Planet Org Almonds Ft Dark Chocolate