Newest Review: ... alone, but the whole 3 step system working together. The facial soap is dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic, like all Clin... more
Who said great skin can't be created?..... Clinique didn't!
Clinique 3-Step Skin System
Member Name: tigger1992
Clinique 3-Step Skin System
Date: 05/09/09, updated on 23/05/10 (649 review reads)
Advantages: Leaves your skin soft, healthy, supple and more toned!
Disadvantages: A bit on the expensive side :( and can be a bit irritating on my sensitive skin sometimes
Clinique 3 step skin care solution!
*Clinique - the brand
Clinique was founded in 1968 and is part of the Estee Lauder company. Its aim is to give every individual unique specific skin care products, that work! In fact clinique was the first cosmetics brand that created products that are fragrance free, allergy tested and dermatologically tested, giving the customer the very best skin care and cosmetics possible, even today!
*Clinique 3 step
No one has been named as the creator of the 3 step skin care solution, but it is based on cleanliness, hygiene and 3 simple facts. Firstly you have to cleanse your skin to get rid of all of the daily grime and pollution which builds up, even if you cant see it, secondly you have to toner/mildly exfoliate to remove the top layer of dead skin cells which make the skin look dull and not very healthy. Thirdly you have to moisturize! This is very important as it hydrates the skin, making it softer, radiant, more supply and looking visibly healthier!
*Clinique - the products
1. Clinique's mild liquid facial soap/hard soap, removes all of the grime, oil and pollution that can build up on the top layers of your skin, it is really important to remove this as it can lead to unsightly spots and other unwanted blemishes. It also starts the exfoliating process by slightly weakening the top layer of skin cells, ready for the toner. There are two different types of facial soap, mild and oily, so you can custom your skin care products to suit you! To use all you have to do is pump once on the liquid facial soap, which should be more than enough for all of your face and neck, then use warm water to lather up the soap and gently massage the bubbles into your face, rinse off and then get a clean towel and pat your skin dry.
2. Clinique's clarifying lotion, this product comes in 5 different types, again so you can customize your skin care products to your skin! They range from mild, really dry to dry, dry to combined formula, combined to oily and oily formulas. The clarifying lotion really gently removes the top layer of dead, unhealthy skin cells, which can make your skin look dull. It smoothes your skin and makes a base for your moisturizer and make up to be absorbed into. To use all you have to do is dispense a bit of the lotion on to a cotton wool ball and gently sweep all over your face and neck.
3. Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion is your skins recharger, it keeps your skin fully hydrated, which makes your skin look softer, healthy, supply and younger! It comes in dry and oily formulas too. It has a wonderfully soft, silky feel and it is absorbed quickly and easily into your skin, with out making it look oily. To use all you have to do is dispense one pump of the moisturizer in your hands and then with your finger tips gently massage into your face and neck until it is all absorbed.
**Dont worry if you dont know what your skin type is or what type of products to use, all you have to do is go down to your local boots with a clinique counter or the clinique website for a short customized consultation, free of charge!
*My experience with Clinique - i have always had quite bad skin, dry, sensitive and prone to redness, but then i discovered Clinique! It was quite expensive so i used other skin products instead such as Clearasil, Oxy, Witch, Boots own, Garnier and many more, and i had finally saved up to get the 3 step skin care products, and to my amazement they worked! After about a month of using them there was a noticeable difference in the condition and tone of my skin. It leaves your skin feeling healthy, soft and refreshed, even for sensitive skin!
*Clinique - conclusion
Overall in my opinion clinique 3 step is the best skin care line available, and i have tried a lot! Its scientific, no nonsense, common sense approach to skin care and cosmetics is refreshing and unrivaled! It is the best care your skin can get! Although it is quite expensive, in my opinion it is worth it or wonderfully healthy skin!
Update: I have been using this for a while but I have noticed that it can irritate my skin if I use it daily as the clarifying lotion can sting on my skin sometimes, but I have no found the lush angels on bare skin which is so much better and it has all natural ingredients in (see my recent review)! But the mild liquid is really great and cleanses my skin well and my skin is always really clean after using it and the moisturiser is good too.
Thank you for reading my review, i hope it was helpful! :D
Summary: Easy to use, great results, but it is a but expensive!
More reviews in the field of Clinique
- Not what it's cracked up to be - my hands are still cracked up
- Great coverage, no blocked pores!
- I'm blushing- Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush
- The biggest disappointment I've had for a while
- Good all-round foundation nice for everyday wear
- Not much of a surge, but the shimmer is indeed super.
- The Expensive Way To Wash!!
- Clinique good at cleansing? Yes but lacks the whole package
- Matt finish for great coverage
- A great toner substitute
- Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector
- Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Corrector
- Clinique Happy Body Smoother
- Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF15
- Clinique Almost Makeup
- Clinique SuperFit Makeup
- Clinique City Stick SPF 15
- Clinique Happy for Men After Shave Balm
- Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula