Newest Review: ... corals etc including the new limited edition Runway Coral shade. There are swatches on the Clinique website, but I don't think the colours ... more
Lip Lasting Loveliness
Clinique Long Last Lipstick
Member Name: northernlovely
Clinique Long Last Lipstick
Advantages: Lasts, looks great
Disadvantages: The case
I purchased Clinique Long Last Lipstick last year when I was going to a wedding and wanted a nice lipstick which would last. I have sensitive skin and tend to stick to brands which are kinder to it, and ones I have used before. Clinique is great for sensitive skin as it is hypoallergenic.
The lipstick comes in a metallic twist dispenser with a ridged lid, it looks nice, but in practice I find it can get warm and cause the lipstick to be a bit soft - it's OK if you keep it in a cool place but my bathroom tends to be quite warm. It looks nice, though - very elegant.
There's a huge range of colours, suitable for all skin tones, I went for Heather Moon which is a rosy pink colour which matches my pale skin / dark hair. The colours are all quite complimentary and there aren't too many 'high fashion' shades such as over vibrant pinks, etc. I purchased my Clinique Long Last from the House of Fraser in Leeds however they are freely available in departmental stores with a Clinique concession such as Boots, Selfidges and Harvey Nichols, and online in places such as StrawberryNET. I paid £16 which is a non sale price, I rarely see them on sale, however. The lipstick is boxed when sold and would make a lovely gift with other Clinique products.
The lipstick applies very well - it's creamy which is nice, as some long lasting lipsticks can be slightly drying. It's advertised as non feather - I use a lip liner anyway to define the lips, but you don't have to due to the non feather quality (it won't bleed, basically - not a problem with lighter colours but awful for deep reds!). Even though it's creamy and non drying, it doesn't transfer too much on glasses, cups and cheeks, ideal for weddings!
The lipstick for me lasted maybe five hours from the initial morning application to the re-application, which I don't think is too bad at all. I find they never last as long as they advertise however I'm happy with this lipstick.
Overall, it's a lovely smooth lipstick which lasts ages and is well worth the money.
Summary: I love it!
More reviews in the field of Clinique
- Smooth it on, let it sink in and get left with amazing skin!
- Fab daytime mascara!
- Not for sensitive skin!
- A wet flannel would be just as good!
- Long lasting
- Shiny and soft lips but only subtle colour
- Pretty Little Set
- High Impact Is Exactly What You Get!!
- Cool as a cucumber
- Not a magic wand but a pretty perfect foundation
- Clinique Face Cream SPF 30
- Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector
- Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
- Clinique Deep Comfort Body Wash
- Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF15
- Clinique Happy for Men Deodorant Natural Spray
- Clinique Supplies for Men Face Soap Extra Strength
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief