Newest Review: ... the eye pencil one eye and the other end has a smugger tool to create a smoky eye look. Back to morning - This takes me about 20 second... more
Lovely Clinique Quickliner!
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes
Member Name: hareesh
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes
Date: 18/06/11, updated on 22/06/11 (28 review reads)
Advantages: It's the best liner I've ever found
Disadvantages: A bit pricey - but worth it
I have been using the Clinique Quickliner on a daily basis for about four years now. That's going some for me! I love make-up and I enjoy trying different products, so for me to stay faithful to one item is quite an accolade.
For background, I am 52 years old, so have a few (!) wrinkles and crows feet around the eyes. It is really important to me that an eyeliner stays in place and doesn't 'bleed' into my skin, even if I get hot or wet. This one doesn't move. I can apply it at seven in the morning and it still looks good after a day's work. Yet it still comes off easily with standard eye make-up remover.
It is very easy to apply, and is completely 'non-scratchy' on the delicate skin around the eyes. It glides on smoothly, and although there is a sponge blender at one end of the pencil, I never use this. The liner has an instant soft appearance without blending, and if I do want to smudge it in a bit, then I just use a clean finger. I love the plastic casing, which is much more practical than a wooden pencil. It just needs a gentle twist to ease the liner up - no sharpening required.
Quickliner is available in 12 shades. My favourite for daily wear is Smokey Brown. It emphasises my eyes while still looking quite natural and subtle. I did buy a Really Black for evening wear, but I found it a bit bold for my older skin. When that ran out I replaced it with Black/Brown, which is a bit less dramatic though still a more 'made-up' look for evenings.
Although I am middle-aged, this is a product that is equally suited to younger women. My eighteen year old daughter regularly borrows this eye-liner (yes, I know how unhygienic that is!) and would buy it herself if she could afford it. She uses cheaper ones on a daily basis, and nicks mine when she's going out and wants a more luxurious and long-lasting look.
Which brings me to price! At £13.50 it is quite expensive, but I do feel that I get value for money. I apply it lightly every day, and it probably lasts about three months. My daughter applies it more boldly and she could get through it within a month if I let her! And Clinique regularly hold what they call 'Bonus Time' at various retailers, where they give a free bag of goodies (usually miniature samples of various products in their range) when you buy two items. Recently, one of the two purchases has had to be from their skin care range, which is a shame, but it still makes the Quickliner more affordable AND gives the opportunity to try some new products.
A definite thumbs up from me.
Summary: A super product
More reviews in the field of Clinique
- Feeling Bronzed All Year Round.
- EXPENSIVE EYE MAKE UP REMOVER
- Makeup Removal Without Sore Eyes!
- Left High and Dry By Clinique's Face Soap.
- Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye makeup remover: gentle and effective.
- Clinique all about eyes rich - good morning bright eyes!
- Clinique Superbalm moisturising gloss - luscious lips ahead.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
- The best lipstick I have ever used!
- Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Corrector
- Clinique Happy Body Smoother
- Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream
- Clinique Deep Comfort Body Wash
- Clinique Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Roll-On
- Clinique Body Spray SPF 15 Sun Block
- Clinique Brighten Travel Set
- Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25
- Clinique CX Stretch Mark Cream