Newest Review: ... and feel to get the most out of this coffee you need to have it on the strong side. If drunk on the strong side it becomes a rich ful... more
Carte Noire - Great Taste, Great Jar
Carte Noire Instant
Member Name: Karonher
Carte Noire Instant
Advantages: Tastes great
Disadvantages: Nothing for me
I know that I drink more coffee than I should but I am trying to cut down. I tend to prefer Douwe Egbert, but if I have a second favourite it will be Carte Noire. The container is really nice and each time I finish a jar I wish that there was something I could turn it in to. It is mainly black and this can be a bit worrying as you can't be sure if the jar is full or you are going to be short changed.
Anyway, back to the coffee itself. It is not the most expensive coffee around and it is certainly a good price considering the quality. It is not that often on offer, so I am prepared to bite the bullet and pay a little bit extra.
The first thing that I noticed was the very strong smell and always think that a café would easily draw me inside if I could smell this as I walked past. It smells like a really good coffee and as long as it is made correctly then it tastes as good as it smells.
I drink coffee black so find that I don't need to use a lot of this as it makes a good strong mug with just half a teaspoon. It certainly means that the jar lasts that little bit longer.
The coffee comes in two different sized jars -100g and 200g- and they have "velvety and rich" written on them along with 100% Arabica. I have not seen one in Sainsbury's but according to Amazon it is now possible to get refills so I will certainly be looking out for those.
The most recent price I have seen is £3.68 for 100g and £6.48 for 200g in Sainsbury's, but have noticed that Amazon will be selling packs of 6 x100g jars for just over £19 meaning there is a saving to be made.
Summary: I will always have a jar of this in the cupboard and will gladly give it 5 stars
More reviews in the field of Coffee
- Cheap and Cheerful Tesco Value Coffee
- Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte
- Ice Ice Coffee!
- Coffee with an Irish twist! No, not an alcoholic one...
- Colombian Smooth.
- A Certain Rappor.
- Cappuccino.... more suck-uccino!
- Cappuccino made with hot water....ermmm interesting!
- good coffee in an instant
- Neat coffee neat price
- Twinings Coffee Blends Intense
- Sainsbury's Full Roast Instant Coffee
- Twinings Coffee Blends Mellow
- Twinings Coffee Blends Rich
- Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
- Clipper Organic Instant Coffee Granules
- Percol Fairtrade Organic Americano Ground Coffee pack
- Barleycup Instant Grain Coffee
- Clipper Organic Medium Roast Instant Coffee
- Equal Exchange Organic Fairtrade Dark Ground Coffee