Product Type: Douwe Egberts Coffee
Newest Review: ... more energised and ready to go, but i'm nowhere near bouncing to work. From Douwe Egberts I'm slightly disappointed-I expected a lit... more
A favourite of mine
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
Member Name: InchyInchy
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
Date: 24/09/10, updated on 24/09/10 (88 review reads)
Advantages: A great tasting instant coffee
Douwe Egberts - Pure Gold Instant Coffee
I love coffee, probably a bit too much. There really is nothing better than a hot steaming cup of rich strong coffee, and of course my favourites are always fresh coffee made from just ground up beans. However, there isn't always the time or the inclination to take so long in brewing fresh coffee when all I want is a quick cup of something hot and caffeinated, therefore, instant coffee is the obvious choice.
In my opinion, as far as instant coffee goes this Douwe Egberts Pure Gold is the best out there. I first came across this when a colleague brought her own jar into the office rather than drink the communal stuff.
Douwe Egberts say that pure gold is a medium and well balanced coffee. I usually prefer strong coffee, however, I have found that sometimes if you choose a strong instant coffee it is very bitter so I always usually pick something around the three mark, a good medium blend. This coffee is lovely and I have never experienced a bitter cup.
This coffee also comes in a pretty unique jar, with a lift off lid glass lid rather than a screw top. The jar is of course recyclable but I tend to hold onto them for a while and use them to store puppy treats or tea bags. If I had one suggestion or complaint about Douwe Egberts I would prefer to be able to buy top up coffee in minimal packaging - something along the lines of Kenco's eco friendly refill packets.
Last time I bought these they were on special and I got two large 200 gram jars for £6. They are usually more expensive than some of the other brands and instant coffee available, but since coffee is something I enjoy, I prefer to spend a little more and get something good.
I really like this coffee and if you are looking for a quality instant coffee then I would strongly suggest giving this one a try. It gets a well earned five out of five stars from me.
Summary: Well worth five out of five stars
More reviews in the field of Coffee
- Great coffee in an instant
- It's not Starbucks, it's Mine!
- Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Instant coffee
- Nescafe! A better way to start your day!
- Creamy Cappuccino....Mmmmm!!
- It's not going to beat my starbucks!
- NESCAFÉ® AZERA® Cappuccino Is Amazing!!!
- I Can't Believe This Coffee is Nescafe
- A latte-day saint
- Tastes freshly brewed to me in an instant!
- Quai Sud Vanilla Coffee
- Kaoka Low Fat Cocoa Powder
- Bovetti Hot Chocolate Spoon Organic Dark Chocolate
- Quai Sud Organic Nectar Cocoa Powder
- 100 Pour 100 Équitable Organic & Fair Trade Coffee Experto
- Nescafé Cappuccino Cremoso Unsweetened
- Nescafé Café Au Chocolat
- Nescafé Café Cremoso Decaffeinated
- Nescafé Frappé Sweetened
- Nescafé Gold Edelmischung