Product Type: Douwe Egberts Coffee
Newest Review: ... more energised and ready to go, but i'm nowhere near bouncing to work. From Douwe Egberts I'm slightly disappointed-I expected a lit... more
Loving Mr Egbert!
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
Member Name: xxfoxyredxx
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
Disadvantages: None at all
Before I get stuck into writing this review I must point out from the offset that I am not reviewing the 'Pure Gold' version of this coffee. No....but Dooyoo have told me to plonk my review on 'Le Cafe' here. Whether thats because the 'Gold' has been renamed 'Le Cafe' recently I do not know though!
I love coffee, I don't drink alot of it though and so when I do so I appreciate a decent quality coffee. This being Douwe Egberts and being on offer in Asda for £2.00 a jar I had to snap it up knowing I was getting a bargain on a well known brand.
The jar for this holds 100g of coffee and is see-thriough chunky glass with a pull on/off matching lid. Around the jar there is a mainly gold label with a red section to the front of it and on that we are told that it is Douwe Egberts Le Cafe 'Medium Roast' and other information listed on the jar includes being told a bit about the coffee, the size is stated and contact details for Douwe Egberts is given. This is a nice classy looking jar which of course is as informative as it needs to be.
The Coffee Itself:
Dark brown, thick and slightly nutty smelling, rich coffee all you do to make this up is the same as with any other coffee your familiar with and of course like those other coffees you can add whatever you like to it and to your own taste.
This makes a darki ungreasy looking coffee and to me doesn't taste like instant at all. It blends very well with water, gives off a really roasted coffee smell and tastes as good as it smells too. This is a fine, everyday coffee, rich in flavour and better in flavour than a lot of instants I have tried over the years for sure.
I really do rate this coffee very highly and like the richness and velvetyness this has. Not one bit harsh its simply a really great coffee!
If not on offer this can be found in all good supermarkets at about £3.50 a jar of a 100g.
Summary: A lovely rich, not one bit bitter coffee!
More reviews in the field of Coffee
- Its a Mate for your Coffee.
- I've been given carte blanche to drink carte noire.
- One of the better instants on the market...
- Mmmm Caramel!......... Without The Rabbit.......
- Tastes like Percolated coffee.
- I Have a Rapport With Rappor
- Asda Gold Roast Coffee - Smooth and Substantial
- Delicious treat in an instant
- Nicer Than The Coffee Shop!
- Coffee made simple!
- Tassimo Suchard Cocoa
- Aida Espresso Whole Beans
- Maresi Organic Coffe Milk
- Nescafé Cappuccino Cremoso Sweetened
- Nescafé Cappuccino Cremoso Unsweetened
- Clipper Organic Medium Roast Instant Coffee
- Equal Exchange Organic Fairtrade Dark Ground Coffee
- Clipper Organic Medium Roast Decaffeinated Coffee
- Rocket Fuel Instant Coffee with Guarana jar
- Thompsons Slippery Elm Instant Dandelion Coffee