Product Type: Douwe Egberts Coffee
Newest Review: ... fresh coffee and clean the filter machine out before I set off. I am a bit fussy about my coffee and I have found that, especially with ... more
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Coffee - Worth Getting Up For.
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
Member Name: Karonher
Douwe Egberts Pure Gold
Advantages: A great taste
Disadvantages: A bit more expensive than other brands
Even though I am trying to cut down on all the coffee I am drinking I still have to have three or four cups a day. I try all different types but one of my very favourites is Douwe Egberts. It is a bit more expensive than some of the others but for a treat it is well worth the extra money. There are normally 100g and 190g jars in supermarkets but I noticed that Amazon have been selling 400g jars so possibly these have been imported from Holland. Last time I bought any I got 2 jars for £6 and as one on its own was £4.99 I was really pleased with it. They do a few different types but my favourite is Pure Gold
The jar is quite attractive and the brown and gold colour label makes it look classy and as expensive as it really is. It smells quite strong and the granules are a decent size and have not been ground right down the way some instant coffees have been. They make a good strong cup of coffee and there is no trouble getting them to dissolve.
As I drink coffee black and this is quite strong it does not need more than half a teaspoon to make it strong enough for me. It has a lovely taste and is not in the least bit bitter. Although I love coffee I am not too keen on filter coffee so finding an instant that I can really enjoy has been great for me. It is classed as a medium blend - level 3 - and I don't think I would want to go much higher.
It is claimed that the coffee is made from a blend of the best beans, but then most will say that, but this does taste a lot better than the likes of Nescafe and Kenco.
Another advantage of this coffee is the jars and the fact that they have some use after the coffee has gone. They are a lovely shape and I use them to store other things. I have in the past put a bit of paint and water in them and then after a good shake they have dried and look even more fancy than they did before.
There are also refills in foil packets so they are doing their bit to help the environment.
Summary: My favourite coffee by far.
More reviews in the field of Coffee
- When you want to play it safe!
- Original, but not quite the best!
- Rich, strong and smooth - just how I like my men!
- Give me caffeine!
- Gold standard?
- Hot chocolate for grown ups.
- Much underrated coffee. Cafe Hag Crema.
- Strong and bitter, not for me.
- Not The Blend For Me!
- Move Over Mr Starbuck, There's A New Barista In Town
- A. Vogel Bambu Instant Organic Coffee Substitute
- Tesco French Fresh Roast & Ground Coffee (Filter)
- Emmi Caffé Latte Cappuccino
- Kenco Pure Brazilian Dark & Smokey
- Nestle Coffee Mate Latte Creations Double Choca Mocha
- Orzo Coffee Instant Soluble
- Rocket Fuel Instant Coffee with Guarana jar
- Percol Fairtrade Organic Latin America Ground Coffee pack
- Orzo Coffee Espresso Pods
- Green Coffee Bean Juice Blend