Product Type: Nestlé Coffee
Newest Review: ... syrup and vegetable oil, amongst other things but thankfully tastes nicer than that combination may sound! Coffee Mate comes in a ... more
Great for an emergency
Nestlé Coffee Mate
Member Name: jipp05
Nestlé Coffee Mate
Advantages: Stores a long time, tastes creamy
Disadvantages: Can be too rich after a couple of cups
I love strong coffee but I like it to be sweet and I take milk to balance out the bitterness of the coffee. I can drink it black but it isn't as enjoyable or tasty for me so I always make sure that I have some coffee mate in the house just in case I can't get to the shop for milk.
It comes in an air tight container and inside is what looks like powdered milk. To use the coffee mate you just need to add a spoonful or two to your coffee and it will whiten it and take away some of the bitterness of the coffee.
What makes this different from milk is that is actually flavours coffee as well as lightening it. It is actually more of a creamer than anything else and it does taste of cream when you put it in your coffee. I find that I usually need the 2 spoonful's as I make my coffee strong and one spoonful doesn't really make enough of a difference to the colour of the coffee.
I actually do enjoy the taste of coffee mate even though it is something I choose not to dink on a daily basis. The reason that I only drink it occasionally is that it flavours coffee so much like you have cream in it which is tasty but it can and does get sickly after a couple of cups because it is so rich tasting.
I do find that it is one of those products that is really helpful to have in the house and I wouldn't be without it now even though fresh milk is so easy to come by. The reason is because you never know when you might not be able to leave the house and I wouldn't want to have to go without my coffee. It is also a great thing to have in for those people who might not take milk so don't want to buy some every time just in case they get guests. This will substitute the milk just fine and will save you a small fortune over time.
It also lasts for ages in the cupboard as long as you make sure and put the lid back on tightly so you don't need to open it and then make sure that you finish it within a few days.
It is also really reasonable priced to buy and you can pick up a large 500g tub for Ł2.30. If at all possible though try and get the lighter version as it tastes almost identically but is a lot lower in calories.
Summary: A good thing to have in the cupboard when you can't get to the shops
More reviews in the field of Coffee
- Nasty coffee
- Smoothly does it...
- lovely coffee!
- Nescafe nescafe, the better way to start your day!!
- A top cup of coffee
- It's not going to beat my starbucks!
- NESCAFÉ® AZERA® Cappuccino Is Amazing!!!
- I Can't Believe This Coffee is Nescafe
- You Can Stick Me With This Cappuccino If You Like!
- Rich in Taste not in Cost
- Clipper Organic Decaffeinated Freeze Dried Coffee
- Clipper Organic Roast & Ground Arabica Coffee
- Cafe Direct Organic Machu Picchu Mountain Special
- CafeDirect Decaffeinated Organic Medium Roast Coffee
- Clipper Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
- Clipper Organic Instant Coffee Granules
- Percol Fairtrade Organic Americano Ground Coffee pack
- Barleycup Instant Grain Coffee
- Clipper Organic Medium Roast Instant Coffee
- Clipper Organic Rich Roast Instant Coffee