Welcome! Log in or Register

Help - Community & Members

von dooyoo | 07.03.2014

What is an 'About Me' text? How do I create one?

The 'About Me' text allows a member to write a brief text so other members can learn a bit about them. To display an 'About Me' text, go to 'My dooyoo', and then to 'Settings' tab (showing the wheel icon). At the bottom of the page you will find the 'About Me' field. Once you have written your text, tick the 'Display' checkbox to the right of the text box and click the 'Save details' button at the bottom of the page. There may be a delay in your text appearing on the site.

What is my Circle of Friends? How do I add and remove people from it?

dooyoo members can add other members to their Circle of Friends to show who they trust. You need to be logged in to use this member's only feature.

To add a member to your Circle of Friends, go to their profile (you can find a member using Member Search or by clicking on their username or picture when reading a review) and click on the 'Add to Circle' link in the right hand column next to their member picture. The member will be immediately added to your Circle of Friends and the link will then update to 'Remove from Circle' so you can remove them if desired.

You can view all members in your Circle of Friends by going to 'My dooyoo' and go to the section 'People I trust'.

How do I get to the Community Area? Why is it worth checking out?

You can access the Community Area by clicking on the 'Community' link at the top right of the site in the navigation menu.

The Community Area contains all information about the dooyooCommunity and keeps both members and non-members up-to-date with everything dooyoo. dooyoo recommends you check the Community Area every time you login so you are always aware of...

• What we are working on - ideas, updates, technical problems etc.
  • Competitions - announcements and winners
  • Top Writers and Reviews
  • New Reviews
  • dooyooMagazine

How do I enter a competition at dooyoo?

Every month dooyoo runs competitions for members who have written reviews. Entry is automatic so check back regularly to see if you have won.

What are Email Alerts? How do I set one up?

This handy, customisable function allows you (if you're a dooyoo member) to set up an 'Email Alert' that will be emailed to your designated email address to remind you when another member:

• rates one of your reviews.
  • comments on one of your reviews.
  • adds you to their Circle of Friends
  • writes a new review

You can choose which of the above you would like to be alerted for, and even which reviewers you're interested in. Email Alerts are sent once a day so you will not end up being bombarded with emails.

To customise your Email Alerts, make sure you are logged in and go to your account page by clicking the 'My dooyoo' link at the top right of the screen. Then click the 'Settings' tab (showing the wheel icon). Go to the 'Subsription Settings' section on the right hand side of the page. You can activate or deactivate alerts by clicking the appropriate option next to the Email Alert category and hitting the 'Change' button at the bottom of this section when you are finished.

How do I add a picture to my profile?

Adding a profile picture is a great way to attract people to your reviews. It makes you easily identifiable on the site.

To upload a member picture so other members can identify you, go to the 'Settings' section of your 'My dooyoo' page - you can access this by clicking the 'Settings' tab showing the small wheel icon. Click on 'Upload Picture' on your profile picture and upload a picture you like to present yourself with to the dooyooCommunity. Then click the 'Change' button.

There are also plenty of online photo editing sites to ensure you have the best member picture possible.