Welcome! Log in or Register

Help - Getting Started

by dooyoo | 07.03.2014

Overview

1. I'm new - what's dooyoo about?
  2. How do I find my way around the site?
  3. How do I become a dooyoo member? What does it cost?
  4. I live outside the UK, can I still use dooyoo?
  5. I have created my Account. When can I login?
  6. How do I login?
  7. I have forgotten my member name and/or password
  8. How do I delete my Account?
  9. What is 'My dooyoo'? Where is it located?
  10. What can I do in 'My dooyoo'?
  11. How can I inform dooyoo of possible abuse or a bug on the site?
  12. How can I keep informed about site updates?
  13. We're a company. Can we join dooyoo? And why would we want to?
  14. How does dooyoo earn money?
  15. I'm a new member and the system won't let me post my review, what's up?
  16. How do I change the password on my dooyoo account?
  17. Can I change my dooyoo username?

1. I'm new - what's dooyoo about?

dooyoo is an informative online community for people wanting to make better buying decisions. Members publish reviews on the site about products and services they've used. Other members then rate those reviews so that you'll know exactly which are the most useful reviews to read when you want advice about a product. To reward our members for all their great contributions, members earn dooyooMiles every time they post a Premium Review on the site AND when other members read their reviews. dooyooMiles can be converted into cash, Amazon.co.uk vouchers - or you can even donate the money you've earned to charity. Membership is free so why not join the community and start earning today!

2. How do I find my way around the site?

Categories:

dooyoo is divided into product categories for ease of navigation. You can access our most popular categories using the navigation menu at the top of each page. Click on the 'All categories' button to see more product categories. The sitemap displays all categories on dooyoo, so it's easy for you to browse the extensive dooyoo catalogue.

If you already know what you're looking for, you can also use the search function in the navigation menu (at the top right of your screen) to look for an item. Just type in the item you are looking for, or a keyword, and hit the 'search' button. dooyoo will display all possible options that are listed in the dooyoo database.

Above the navigation menu there are three links - 'Community', 'My dooyoo', and 'All Categories'.

Community:

'Community' will keep you up to date with dooyoo news, new members on the site, top reviewers, reviews and much more! It is a great source of information and well worth checking out.

My dooyoo:

If you're a member, the 'My dooyoo' link located at the top of the screen above the navigation bar will take you to your personal dooyoo homepage called 'My dooyoo'. Here you can view all of your dooyoo statistics, including how many reviews you have written, the reviews you have read, and how many dooyooMiles you currently have.

3. How do I become a dooyoo member? What does it cost?

Well firstly, membership is completely free! To join, just fill in this registration form and we will send you an email containing a link to activate your account. The form takes around 2 minutes to fill out so it is quick and easy.

4. I live outside the UK, can I still use dooyoo?

We welcome visitors to the site from all over the world, and we're thrilled to receive high quality reviews from fluent English speakers, regardless of where they live (take a look at the dooyoo Site Rules to find more information about the quality requirements on dooyoo). Please do be aware, however, that you may not be able to redeem your dooyooMiles if you are not a UK resident. dooyooMiles redeemed for cash will be deposited directly into your bank account, so you must have a valid UK bank account to receive a cash payment. dooyooMiles redeemed for Amazon UK vouchers will be sent directly to your email address, but please make sure that your location is serviced by Amazon UK (these vouchers are not redeemable on amazon.com, amazon.de etc). It is always possible to redeem your dooyooMiles for a charitable donation to one of our supported UK Charities.

5. I have created a new dooyoo account. When can I login?

dooyoo is an informative online community for people wanting to make better buying decisions. Members publish reviews on the site about products and services they've used. Other members then rate those reviews so that you'll know exactly which are the most useful reviews to read when you want advice about a product. To reward our members for all their great contributions, members earn dooyooMiles every time they post a Premium Review on the site AND when other members read their reviews. dooyooMiles can be converted into cash, Amazon.co.uk vouchers - or you can even donate the money you've earned to charity. Membership is free so why not join the community and start earning today!

6. How do I login?

Click on the 'Login' link on the top left of the screen and you are taken to the Login Screen.

7. I have forgotten my member name and/or password

If you have forgotten your password, please click on 'Forgot Password?' on the Login Screen. We'll send an email to your nominated email address with your dooyoo username and a link to select a new password.

8. How do I delete my Account?

Members can't delete their own account - we here at dooyoo HQ are responsible for the big, red, delete button! Should you want to delete your account, please send us an email from the email address you used to open your dooyoo account (this is a security measure to ensure that only the person who opened the account is able to close it). Send your email to dooyooteam@dooyoo.co.uk and we'll take care of it for you.

9. What is 'My dooyoo'? Where is it located?

'My dooyoo' is where you can view all of your dooyoo information and manage your account, profile, and reviews. You can access 'My dooyoo' by clicking on the link at the top right of each dooyoo page.

10. What can I do in 'My dooyoo'?

There are three sections at 'My dooyoo': the site's overview, your public profile icon and your personal settings. Here's a short overview:

'My dooyoo' Overview

Is your dooyoo homepage where you can see an overview of your account including your latest reviews, the reviews you recently read, who trusts you, whom you trust, and how many dooyooMiles you can redeem.

Public Profile (notepad icon)

Displays all the details you want to share with the dooyooCommunity, including the number of reviews you have written.

Settings (wheel icon)

Is where you can change your member picture and your 'About Me' text and control the options that are visible on your profile. For example, you can opt to show an email address, a favourite website and/or a brief text that tells other dooyoo members a little bit about yourself. You see the members you are following, and can change the subsription settings.

Members I am following

Lists the members you trust and who trust you.

Subscription Settings

You can subscribe or unsubscribe to the dooyooMagazine, to 'Ratings of my reviews', 'Comments to my reviews', 'Added in a circle of friends', and 'Notify when friends write' by clicking the 'Change' button at the bottom of this section.

11. How can I inform dooyoo of possible abuse or a bug on the site?

We are always happy to hear from our members. If you want to contact dooyoo, the best way to do so is to click on the 'Contact' link in the section 'about dooyooCommunity' on the Community homepage. We want to hear from you - send us your comments, concerns or criticisms.

12. How can I keep informed about site updates?

The Community Area is where we here at dooyoo announce updates, changes, news and more. The Community homepage is updated several times a week so make sure you check back regularly to stay up to date.

13. We're a company. Can we join dooyoo? And why would we want to?

dooyoo is primarily for individuals to post their reviews about a variety of products and services. However, companies can register on dooyoo under certain conditions:

• You make it very clear that you are officially representing your company. This can be done by contacting us or simply using your company name as your dooyoo member name.
  • You cannot review products or services, especially your own.

The main reasons for a company to have an account on dooyoo are:

• You can respond to any reviews concerning your product/service by posting a comment in the comments section of the review.
  • You can suggest products to be added to our database (within reason - this service is primarily intended for members who want to review new products).

There are limited opportunities for a company to be active within the dooyoo community; this is because dooyoo's main focus is the consumer and we wish to remain an independent and unbiased source of product information.

14. How does dooyoo earn money?

First and foremost, dooyoo does NOT derive any income from selling your review content or personal data. dooyoo never reveals member information, email addresses, or any other information that you have supplied to us in confidence to third parties. So where do we get the funds to support all of your dooyooMiles rewards? dooyoo earns money through its partnership with online stores who participate in our price comparisons and have links on the dooyoo website as well as from online advertising. All merchants that are involved in dooyoo understand that we are offer real, unbiased consumer reviews (both positive and negative) to help our users make more informed purchasing decisions. dooyoo facilitates smarter shopping for consumers by consumer and we do not receive any income for skewing the review results on our site.

Still got questions about dooyoo? Contact the dooyooTeam.

15. I'm a new member and the system won't let me post my review, what's up?

You're a new member if you've been on dooyoo for less than 30 days. While you're still a new member you can post up to five reviews per day, then once you've been with us longer than a month you can write as many reviews as you like each day. Remember, according to our system the day starts at midnight, and goes through until midnight the next day, so if you are a night owl and up writing reviews past 12 at night, you will be using up your quota for the next day.

As a new member on the site, we'd love you to explore some of the other elements of the dooyooCommunity before writing more reviews.

16. How do I change the password on my dooyoo account?

It's a good idea to change your password from time to time. To do so, simply log in and go to 'My dooyoo', then go to 'Settings' (the wheel icon). You will be asked to enter your new password and confirm the password - remember that the fields are case sensitive, so take note of what case you are writing your password in. Make sure you click the 'Change' button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.

17. Can I change my dooyoo username?

Unfortunately it is not possible to change your username on dooyoo once you've already opened your account - so make sure you choose wisely! If you've already made the account and you really, really don't like your username anymore, the only way that you can get a new username on the site is if you first delete your existing dooyoo account and then open a new account with the new username.

If it's vital that you change your username we will help you to do this, but it does pose problems with written reviews and usually means that you lose the dooyooMiles in your existing account, so we don't recommend it. Definitely only to be used as a last resort - even William Shakespeare wrote "What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." Indeed!