dooyoo.co.uk treats the security of its site as of the utmost importance. dooyoo.co.uk is constantly considering ways in which it can safeguard the personal details of users, prevent unauthorised access to the dooyoo.co.uk site and prevent unauthorised alteration of user-generated content.
Conditions of Access and Registration
Registration as a new user is required for active participation on the dooyoo.co.uk website.
By submitting your registration details, you agree to comply with the dooyoo.co.uk Terms and Conditions and the dooyoo.co.uk Privacy Statement which shall prevail over any other terms or conditions contained or referred to in any other document and all such other terms and conditions are expressly excluded.
dooyoo.co.uk reserves the right to modify these dooyoo.co.uk Terms and Conditions and/or the dooyoo.co.uk Privacy Statement. In case of any modification, dooyoo.co.uk will notify you of the changes. Once the change is made, you will be deemed to have given your consent to the change, unless you notify dooyoo.co.uk within a period of 10 days from the date of the change.
Your dooyoo.co.uk name and password are confidential and both you and dooyoo.co.uk agree to keep them confidential. You will be responsible for any use of the dooyoo.co.uk website accessed via your dooyoo.co.uk name and password whether such use is by you or by a third party. For reasons of security and to ensure your own privacy, you hereby agree to notify dooyoo.co.uk of any unauthorised use of your dooyoo.co.uk name and/or password as soon as you become aware of it.
You agree not to provide any false or erroneous information when registering as a new user and agree not to register under a false identity.
You agree to respect the terms of the dooyoo.co.uk Privacy Statement, and in no circumstances alter the personal profile of any other user.
dooyoo.co.uk reserves the right to exclude, at its sole discretion, temporarily or indefinitely, any user for any reason, including without limitation, breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or non-compliance with any UK or EU laws or regulations.
Submission of Content
dooyoo.co.uk allows you to provide information to dooyoo.co.uk in a number of forms including, without limitation, opinions about products, services or other consumer matters and comments on the opinions of others ("Content").
You retain ownership of all intellectual property rights subsisting in the Content you submit to us. However, by submitting Content to dooyoo.co.uk, you grant to dooyoo.co.uk a royalty-free world-wide non-exclusive licence for the duration of copyright to use your Content, or any part of your Content, in any way that dooyoo.co.uk decides on the dooyoo.co.uk website, any other website or through any other medium and to permit others to do the same.
Rights of dooyoo.co.uk
- dooyoo.co.uk shall be entitled, at its absolute discretion, to publish, edit, refuse, or delete Content provided to it.
- dooyoo.co.uk will not permit the publishing of Content that may be illegal under UK or European law.
- If dooyoo.co.uk decides not to publish any Content provided by you, it will endeavour to notify you of the reasons within 10 days of receipt.
- dooyoo.co.uk reserves the right to change, at its sole discretion, the content, design, services provided or any other aspect of the dooyoo.co.uk website.
You hereby agree not to provide any Content which:
- may adversely affect the functionality of any computer software and/or hardware;
- is untrue, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, offensive or malicious;
- is in breach of any intellectual property rights of any third party;
- if published by dooyoo.co.uk would be illegal, unlawful, contrary to public opinion or would be reasonably likely to cause loss or damage to dooyoo.co.uk.
You assume full responsibility for any Content published on the dooyoo.co.uk site which is published in substantially the same form as received by us.
dooyoo.co.uk is not responsible for verifying the accuracy or otherwise of any Content provided by you or by a third party.
Conditions of Access and Registration
- dooyoo.co.uk reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the dooyoo.co.uk site.
- Any reproduction, distribution or publication of any information included on the dooyoo.co.uk site (other than Content provided by you) is strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of dooyoo.co.uk.
- By providing Content to dooyoo.co.uk, you warrant that use of such Content by dooyoo.co.uk will not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. You will indemnify and hold harmless dooyoo.co.uk for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by dooyoo.co.uk resulting from a breach of this warranty. In such a case, you will compensate dooyoo.co.uk for any legal costs that may be incurred and will assist dooyoo.co.uk in its defence against third party claims. Such assistance includes making available any information deemed necessary.
Limitation of Liability
- dooyoo.co.uk recognises that, due to the type of service provided, the quality of the content stored on the website, will depend exclusively upon the users who access it. The website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. As a consequence, dooyoo.co.uk makes no representations or warranties, and hereby excludes all warranties, express or implied, as to:
- the quality, accuracy, feasibility or credibility of the content of the dooyoo.co.uk site;
- the availability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of any of the services available on the dooyoo.co.uk site;
- the availability, suitability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of any of the goods, services or other matters that are discussed, criticised or are otherwise the subject of any opinion published anywhere on the dooyoo.co.uk site;
- the website being free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
- The user agrees that the use of, or reliance upon, any of the content of the dooyoo.co.uk site, and in particular any content recommending any product or service, is done entirely at his own risk.
- dooyoo.co.uk assumes no responsibility for the content of any other website to which the dooyoo.co.uk web site has links and shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by use of or reliance on any content or any goods or services available on such hyperlinked sites. The inclusion of any hyperlinks to such other websites does not mean that dooyoo.co.uk endorses the material on such web sites or has any association with the owner thereof. A link with these pages will not assume a prior verification of the content of the pages.
- dooyoo.co.uk does not assume any responsibility for failures or technical defects for which occur due to events outside of its control.
- The exclusion of any user or any Content provided by a user or any delay, forbearance or indulgence by dooyoo.co.uk in exercising any right, power or remedy available to it shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right and shall not preclude dooyoo.co.uk exercising that right at any subsequent time or on any subsequent occasion.
- If at any time any provision of these Terms and Conditions are or become invalid or illegal in any respect, such provision shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms and Conditions but the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected or impaired thereby.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you and dooyoo.co.uk irrevocably agree that the English courts are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Privacy Statement.
dooyooMiles Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions under which dooyoo registered users can earn and redeem dooyooMiles.
- dooyooMiles can be earned only on the sites operated by dooyoo.co.uk Limited.
- dooyooMiles have no cash value and cannot be automatically converted into prizes, gifts, vouchers or cash except at dooyoo's optional choice. Dooyoo will, where possible, attempt to provide a selection of redemption opportunities. The current redemption offers are published on the 'Redeem My dooyooMiles' page accessible to logged-in dooyoo registered users via your logged in user profile.
- dooyooMiles are only valid for exactly 1 year. Afterwards they cannot be cashed in anymore.
If a dooyooMiles cash redemption offer is made conversion of dooyooMiles into cash is only possible if a defined minimum of dooyooMiles has been collected.
Unless a dooyoo registered user elects not to be included in the dooyooMiles scheme or does not click on "I agree to the terms and conditions of dooyoo.co.uk in its present version" at the end of these terms and conditions, a dooyoo registered user will automatically qualify as a member of the dooyooMiles scheme ("dooyooMiles member") if he or she:
- is a person over 18 years of age;
- has an address in the UK, Eire, Isle of Man or Channel Islands. If you don't have a UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands address, the only dooyooMiles conversion mechanism available is to donate your dooyooMiles to a UK charity of your choice;
- provides his or her true and complete age, address and postal code on registration; and
- has Internet access and an e-mail address
dooyoo will open and administer an account for each dooyooMiles member.
- only one dooyoo account per person;
- only one dooyooMiles member per account;
- only one account per dooyooMiles member; and
- only one account per e-mail address.
Any breach of the above [rule 2.3] may, at dooyoo's absolute discretion, result in cancellation of any account with invalidation of all dooyooMiles held in such account without any notification necessary.
- dooyoo does not permit the transfer of dooyooMiles between accounts or to any third party for any reason that is not contemplated within these rules.
- In the event that the dooyooMiles member's e-mail address is cancelled and the dooyooMiles member obtains a new e-mail address, the dooyooMiles member may contact dooyoo at Matrix House 12-16 Lionel Road Canvey Island Essex SS8 9DE and, provided that none of the rules set out herein have been breached, dooyoo will transfer the existing dooyooMiles in the old account to a new account.
Responsibilities of the dooyooMiles member
- dooyooMiles members must abide by the rules set out herein.
- Any taxes, duties or other charges imposed as a result of the dooyooMiles member earning dooyooMiles, redeeming dooyooMiles for vouchers or otherwise arising on account of being a dooyooMiles member shall be the sole responsibility of the dooyooMiles member.
- The dooyooMiles member's password is his or her private property and he or she is responsible for limiting access to the dooyooMiles member's password. Instructions received by dooyoo from the dooyooMiles member's e-mail address in conjunction with the correct password will be considered authentic.
- The dooyooMiles member will not engage in any unlawful or improper activity with respect to the collection or use of dooyooMiles or otherwise in his or her efforts to earn or spend dooyooMiles.
- The dooyooMiles member will not seek to collect dooyooMiles through the use of any dishonest tactics including any tactics which involve an attempt to accumulate dooyooMiles without performing those activities or providing that information for which dooyooMiles are offered.
dooyoo will have the right to terminate this agreement, cancel the account of a dooyooMiles member and any dooyooMiles held therein if, in its absolute discretion, dooyoo determines that the dooyooMiles member is earning or spending dooyooMiles in a manner detrimental to dooyoo or any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer which may include (without limitation):
- illegal or fraudulent activities;
- earning or spending dooyooMiles on behalf of third parties;
- collecting or spending dooyooMiles dishonestly;
- hostile, abusive or otherwise aggressive behaviour towards dooyoo or any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer or any user of any of their websites; or
- knowingly providing false or misleading information to dooyoo or any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer.
Disclaimers by dooyoo
- dooyoo will not be liable for any damages suffered by the dooyooMiles member as a result of any instructions received from the dooyooMiles member's e-mail account using the dooyooMiles member's password, and the dooyooMiles member will indemnify and hold dooyoo harmless from any and all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses (whether direct or indirect, whether arising in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise) incurred by or asserted or awarded against dooyoo arising out of the use of the dooyooMiles member's e-mail account and password by any individual.
- dooyoo is not responsible for changes to or discontinuance of any promotion or offer by any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer, or the withdrawal of any such dooyoo e-tailer or retailer from the dooyooMiles scheme
- dooyoo is not responsible for and will not be liable for any action or inaction of, or any product or services offered by, any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer, including, without limitation, [the redemption of dooyooMiles for vouchers], the acceptance of vouchers in exchange for goods or services or the return of vouchers, refunds or the issuance of credit notes subsequent to any malfunction, breach of warranty or injury or damage suffered as a result of the products or services offered, sold or supplied by any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer.
- dooyoo does not warrant that any website that is administered within the scope of the dooyooMiles scheme or any linked website is free from viruses or other destructive materials, and dooyoo shall not be liable for any damage caused to the dooyooMiles member's hardware or software as a result of the dooyooMiles member's participation in the dooyooMiles scheme.
- dooyoo is not responsible for a dooyooMiles member's inability to connect to the Internet, access his or her dooyoo account or reach the website of dooyoo or any dooyoo e-tailer or retailer and dooyoo will not be liable for any damages suffered by the dooyooMiles member as a result of such inability.
- In no event shall dooyoo be liable for any loss or damages incurred by the dooyooMiles member whether in tort, contract, under statute or otherwise for any lost profits, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, each of which is hereby excluded by agreement of the dooyooMiles member and dooyoo regardless of whether or not dooyoo has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or certain limitations of liability. Therefore, some of the exclusions and limitations described above may not apply to a given dooyooMiles member. In such jurisdictions, the liability of dooyoo shall be limited to the maximum extent allowed by law.
- Whenever dooyooMiles are earned they must be redeemed within the period of one year from the date they were acquired. Any acquired mile that has not been redeemed within this period will expire worthless. Dooyoo cannot under any circumstances reinstate expired dooyooMiles to users accounts.
- dooyoo may terminate a dooyooMiles member's account if no activity has occurred in such account for 12 consecutive months. Any dooyooMiles in such account shall be invalidated. Such termination may not occur without the sending by dooyoo to the dooyooMiles member of 2 e-mails to that effect.
- dooyoo may terminate the dooyooMiles scheme at any time. If dooyoo chooses to do so, any dooyooMiles in the dooyooMiles member's account may be invalidated by dooyoo, and the dooyooMiles member will not be entitled to any compensation of any kind for such invalidated dooyooMiles however, dooyoo may not do so until 30 days after dooyoo has posted its decision to terminate the dooyooMiles scheme on this website (or a successor website), or has otherwise notified the dooyooMiles member.
- This agreement may be modified by dooyoo from time to time, with or without notice. The dooyooMiles member accepts any modifications by collecting or using dooyooMiles after the modifications have become effective. If the dooyooMiles member objects to any modification, the dooyooMiles member's sole remedy is termination of the dooyooMiles member's account.
- dooyoo reserves the right to terminate or suspend the dooyooMiles member's account and/or to invalidate any dooyooMiles that the dooyooMiles member has collected in case of any violation of this agreement by the dooyooMiles member, including but not limited to any fraud or misuse by the dooyooMiles member in connection with the dooyooMiles scheme. dooyoo may also do so in case of any error or inadvertent action in the earning or spending of dooyooMiles, whether on the part of dooyoo or any other party, and for other reasonable cause as determined by dooyoo in its sole and absolute discretion. The dooyooMiles member will not be entitled to any compensation of any kind for any invalidated dooyooMiles.