• Sort by:
    • More +
      26.07.2014 02:08

Advantages

• Reliable
      • "Value for money"

Disadvantages

Can't go wrong!

I bought these straighteners several years ago for just under £30.

They were just a cheap alternative to GHDs at the time and I thought I would only use them temporarily. They turned out to be one of the best investments I have ever made.

The straighteners have a number of different heat settings and I've found that it normally heats up within a minute. I like the fact that they have quite a long cord so that it enables you to sit in front of a mirror whilst you straighten your hair as opposed to being glued to the plug socket.

I don't really use them much, normally only after I've washed my hair. I'll sometimes go over my hair with them if I'm going on a night out but that's about it. On average, I would say I use them around 3 times a week.

I've never had a problem with them and never had to use the warranty. Also, I have quite long hair and even though the straighteners are quite slim in size, they are perfect for straightening my hair.

I would definitely recommend these straighteners as they have lasted me a while and do the exact same as GHDs in my opinion and therefore I can't justify the extra cost of splashing out on a pair of GHDs. If anything, when my current straighteners stop working, I will most likely just buy them again.

My hair is quite fine so I don't know how effective they would be for people with thicker hair. Also, they probably wouldn't last as long for someone who straightens their hair everyday but if, like me, you plan on using it occasionally then you really can't go wrong! They also seem to be cheaper now than they used to be which is always a good thing!

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • Babyliss 2100 Dry & Curl / Hair Dryer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      26.07.2014 01:58

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• Weight
      • "Burnt out"
      • "Curling brush melts easily"

There's a reason why it's so cheap!

I bought this hairdryer a couple of years ago for £22 from Argos on offer. It caught my eye due to a number of reasons. The design was good as it looked like quite a stylish hair dryer and I liked the option of different heat/power settings. I also liked that it included a curling brush and it was quite cheap. Babyliss is quite a well known and respected brand when it comes to haircare so I didn't really have any reservations.

The first time I attempted to use the curling brush was an absolute disaster. It tangled my hair up and within a few minutes the brush had started to melt.

After a couple of uses, the hairdryer would occasionally start to glow orange and just turn off by itself. This became more frequent the more I used it until one day it just stopped working altogether.

The other brush it comes with is more suited to long hair I feel as it allows you to concentrate the heat on sections of your hair. The downside is that it would take quite long to dry all my hair (it is very long) even on the highest heat setting. The hairdryer was also quite heavy. As anyone with long hair will tell you, holding up a hairdryer for a prolonged amount of time will eventually make your wrist ache. This happened to me and would sometimes result in me leaving parts of my hair damp as it took too much effort to keep holding the dryer up.

The hairdryer is okay but there is a reason why it's so cheap. My advice, especially to those with long hair, would be to spend a bit more and invest in a more reliable hair dryer which won't burn out.

Comments

• Ben and Jerrys in General / Dessert / Yoghurts / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      26.07.2014 01:32

Advantages

• Delicious

Disadvantages

• "Can be pricey"

All or Nut-ting!

Having always had a sweet tooth, ice cream has always been at the top of the list for my dessert preferences.

My favourite (after gelato in Italy) has always been a tie between Ben & Jerry's and Haagen-Daaz however I think Ben & Jerry's might just have taken it.

I got a tub earlier from Sainsburys of what I assume must be a new flavour. I normally get cookie dough but they didn't have any left so looking through the ther flavours, I found All or Nut-ting. It is half hazelnut ice cream and half chocolate ice cream, filled with chocolate chunks and has a strip of what taastes like nutella ice cream. Needless to say it is absolutely mouth-watering.

I know most people will want to know how many calories it has or what the fat content is but to be brutally honest, who the hell cares? Can a dessert really taste like a dessert if it's fat free? Desserts are supposed to be a treat and be your guilty pleasure so in my opinion, when it comes to dessert, everything goes.

Ben & Jerry's can be quite pricey which is why I normally only buy it when it's on offer or on movie nights. Today I bought a 500ml tub from Sainsburys for £2.50 which in my opinion is an absolute bargain. If I didn't already have my arms full and wasn't so lazy to go and get a basket, I would have picked up a couple more tubs too.

Once again, Ben & Jerry's delivers!

Comments

• Nokia 3310 / Mobile Phone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      26.07.2014 01:03

Advantages

• Snake
      • Cheap
      • Indestructible

Disadvantages

Brilliantly simple - a true classic!

This was my first ever phone when I was 11 and I am considering hunting for one to give to my sister when she starts secondary school next September.

This phone holds so many great childhood memories from the classic ringtone (back when we had instrumental ringtones) called Kick to everyone's favourite game ever: Snake.

Even though it has no colour screen or camera, this phone was set apart because of its robustness. It allowed you to text and call and that was pretty much it. But if texting and calling is all you require, this phone is a gem and is pretty much indestructible. It is perfect for people who don't understand the latest technology and have extremely basic needs. For those who are constantly updating their twitter profiles or need access to the internet at all times: stay away.

The phone has an unrivalled battery life, especially if you do not use your phone much. One full charge can easily last days, even a week!

I think one of the reasons that this phone means so much to me is that it reminds me of a time not very long ago when kids would play outside or talk to their friends in person rather than spend all their time living in a virtual world. The 3310 was brilliant because of how simple and basic it was. Nowadays it seems as if smartphones are the be all and end all. No one can dispute their efficiency and how accessible everything is but a phone shouldn't become something you depend on and can't live without!

This absolute beauty of a phone is a classic and will always stand out. It would make a great starter phone or something for elderly relatives who aren't familiar with newer technology.

Comments

• HTC 8S Windows Phone / Mobile Phone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      26.07.2014 00:49
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Design
      • "Value for money"

Disadvantages

• "Limited features"

Good value for money and sleek design but has limited features.

This is my current phone and I have had it for nearly 2 years. Frankly speaking, I'm ready to get another one.

I got the phone on contract (£15.50 a month, although Orange pretty much charges what it feels like every month) and I thought it was extremely good value for money. Due to the tiles, I could comfortably access my emails, whatsapp and facebook. I'm extremely comfortable with windows 8 so the user interface wasn't a problem for me.

The design of the phone is quite nice. I got it in the classic black and white colour and it's quite sleek so it's very easy to slip into your pocket or phone. On the downside, good luck with trying to get the sim out if ever need be!

My phone worked fine up until a couple of months ago when I thought I'd lost it. I called Orange to block the handset but when I found out it had been handed in (faith in humanity restored!) I called them to unblock it. They unblocked the handset but I couldn't make any calls. I called them again asking why my phone still wasn't working after a week and they said I must have broken my phone somehow and that it had nothing to do with them. Miraculously, within minutes of finishing the phonecall, my phone resumed normal service. A few days later, my phone would randonly freeze and I would have to hold down the power button and the lower volume button simultaneously for about 15 seconds to restart my phone. This problem has not been resolved even now, hence why I want to change my phone.

Come November,I will be changing phones so that I have access to apps such as Snapchat, as the windows phone will not run it due to no front camera. Overall a good enough phone, but if you are into using the latest apps and require a front and back camera, choose something else.

Comments

• HP Envy 4-1020ea / Laptop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      26.07.2014 00:38
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Robust
      • Light
      • Efficient
      • Reliable

Disadvantages

• None

HP Envy Ultrabook - ultra light, ultra reliable and ultra efficient!

The HP Envy Ultrabook is my current laptop and to be honest, I would be completely fine with not using any other laptop.

I purchased it for £500 (after corporate discount) just over a year ago. It has a 2 year warranty from HP however I have never had any problems with it. I run Windows 8 and Office 2013 and it has an i5 processor.

The ultrabook overall is just an excellent piece of technology. My laptop is extremely reliable and robust. It has a shock absorber built in so if you are ever unlucky enough to drop it, it will be fine as long as it's less than 30cm (great for those times you sleepily put your laptop on the floor before you fall asleep).

It has a great battery life and one full charge will give you a good 6-7 hours of use. One of my favourite things about it is that it's extremely light. This is an extremely welcome feature considering my previous laptop was a HP Elitebook. The charger also doesn't weigh much, making it extremely convenient to carry the laptop around with you, although I only use it at home.

The display is good for personal use as it's big enough to watch movies on yet small enough to keep your privacy.

Technical details aside, I've never had a problem with my laptop and it is extremely reliable. The warranty is good but I don't think many people would need to use it. I truly feel as if I have got extremely good value for my money and I would absolutely recommend the ultrabook to anyone who is considering buying a new laptop.

Comments

• Boots Stores / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      26.07.2014 00:26
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Why shopping at boots is a great experience xx

I love going into the boots shops as looking around is such a pleasurable experience. There are many different stands for all of the different brands that are available there such as revlon. There are lots of different brands available for makeup such as natural collection, rimmel , revlon, 17 , maxfactor , maybeline and so on. All of the makeup products have testers so you get the chance to try the product before you buy it . This comes in very handy when buying foundation. They also have high end makeup brands available instore and online such as benefit and dior etc.

They don't only sell makeup, they have lots of others for example perfumes. They have a wide display of the fragrances where you can see the bottles and once again try the testers.

Boots also sell fake tans , food , hair care , nail polish , baby stuff etc.

The other great thing about boots is their advantage card, you get 4 pence for every £1 you spend which is great as the points do buildup . You also get coupons like £4 worth of points when you buy two rimmel products etc.

Overall I would defo recommend going in boots for all your beauty needs. The main reasons for going are the range of products, range of brands and the price range. Therefore I would rate boots a 5 out of 5 .

Hope you like this review and take all of my points for shopping at boots into consideration xxx

Imogen bailey

Comments

• More +
      26.07.2014 00:24
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Great for working from home"
      • "Excellent features"
      • Reliable

Disadvantages

• Weight

Robust and reliable...an excellent piece of technology!

I got the HP Elitebook as a laptop from work and it is an inspiring piece of technology. I didn't have to pay anything for it so I'm going to review purely in terms of user experience.

First and foremost, it is a robust machine and is therefore very reliable. I'm pretty sure I accidentally dropped it once or twice but there were never any problems with it. The only problems I would ever have would be to do with internal company programs but never the actual machine itself. However, this may have been due to using Windows 8 before it had been released which could have caused the problems as the software wasn't completely finished. I had 8 GB RAM which coupled with the i5 processor made for a hassle-free experience. Despite it being a work laptop, I also used it to store photos, watch movies and surf the internet.

I was amazed at how quickly and efficiently the elitebook copes with certain programs. I would run several corporate programs with exceptionally large amounts of data and it would run them with the same efficiency as that of a desktop computer.

I was lucky enough to work from home often and my id card doubled up as a smart card. The laptop has a smart card reader, enabling the owner of the laptop to work remotely without restrictions.

The only downside to the elitebook is its weight and its short battery life, but in all fairness the laptop wasn't brand new; it had been rebuilt before it was given to me. It is extremely heavy when coupled with its charger so take that into account if you have to commute with it. On the plus side, lugging it around has noticeably toned my upper arms and shoulders!

The display is adequate for both business and personal use. Overall, the machine is excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Comments

• Clarks / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      26.07.2014 00:12
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

My amazing experience at clarks

I recently just made a visit to clarks for my daughters school shoes and I was pleasantly surprised with the service I received whilst I was there. The staff were friendly and willing to do anything for you plus every single thing I requested was in stock and there for me to buy right away. The best thing about the shop was the fact that they sell shoe and bags, that means I was able to get a bag for myself, my daughters school shoes and her school bag all at once without having to go to different shops which to me is amazing as I am not the biggest fan of walking around shops for hours and hours.

The staff shocked me as they were so helpful, they were happy to keep going upstairs for all the different shoes me and my daughter wanted to try on at the time. They were extremely friendly and made me feel very welcome indeed.

The prices were very reasonable considering the quality of the product you are receiving. Also clarks had a shoe care section so you will be able to keep your shoes looking brand new for many years to come.

I will definitely be returning to clarks to purchase more shoes again due to all of the reasons I have just mentioned. Would defo recommend going there for kids school shoes due to how friendly and hard working the staff are. Would rate the overall experience a 5/5 xxx Imogen

Comments

• Ryanair / Airline / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      More +
      26.07.2014 00:00
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "No delays"
      • Cheap
      • Efficient

Disadvantages

• "No food!"
      • "Extra charges"
      • Luggage

Direct, cheap and on time....what more do you want?!

I know how much people love to hate Ryanair but I am the complete opposite. I've flown with them several times in the past and I believe they are one of the best airlines to use if wanting to get away for a few days.

When I go on city breaks, I want to make the most of my time. Ryanair are quick and get to their destinations on time. They're cheap if you book in advance and still competitively priced if you book last minute as opposed to other airlines whose prices rocket. I can check in online, print off my own boarding pass and as I can fit enough clothes for a 3 day getaway in hand luggage, I don't pay extra luggage fees. This means I get to the airport an hour before my flight and go straight through to customs. However, I normally fly from my local airport (Birmingham) and due to my obsessive wanderlust, I'm pretty familiar with the airport and its layout. If I were flying from another airport I probably would give myself a bit more time.

It really gets me riled when people can't follow basic instructions. Ryanair clearly states it will charge extra fees for certain things and these costs will be inflated once you get to the airport. So I fail to understand why on earth some people get to the airport without a boarding pass and then act outraged when they are presented with a hefty fee. Surely people must atleast read the conditions of the airline they book flights with?!

Ryanair offers direct, cheap flights that are on time. Yes the service isn't always great but I'm a young person wanting to go and explore different cities. Will it ruin my holiday if I don't have a long, in-depth chat with every cabin crew member who I then make small talk with for the entire journey? Probably not.

Comments

• More +
      25.07.2014 23:55
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Mua brush on concealer pen just as good as mac

I bought this conceal pen a few weeks ago as I had seen a few beauty bloggers use it and was curious about the product. I like using concealer pens as in summer I don't want to be wearing heavy makeup so this looked perfect for me . I payed £2 for this which I thought was very reasonable compared to high end concealer pens. I had never tried this product before and I have to admit I was very impressed with it .it had very nice coverage for under my eyes and for blemishes.

This concealer only comes in one shade I think which is a bit of a downside as not everybody can use it however it is an amazing shade for me which I was very pleased about. It is certainly not good for darker skin tones or very pale people.

The product comes in a box which makes it feel a lot more expensive than it actually is which is always a positive thing. The box states the ingredients which I will not go into detail about. The actual packaging of the product is black and very sleek. One end is a white bristle brush which has a lid over for hygenic reasons and the other end is the twist part.

To use you just twist the end a few times and then the product will begin to come out of the bristle end. Then you just apply the product to the needed areas.

The concealer itself is creamy and easy to blend into the skin.you also don't need much of the product. The product stays on for a few hours but does crease so you will need to set it with a powder.

Overall I think this is well worth the money and is just as good as the mac prep and prime. I would highly recommend.

Comments

• Don't Tell The Bride / TV Programme / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      25.07.2014 23:46
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Romantic

Disadvantages

• "Idiotic grooms"
      • "Can get repetitive"

Light hearted and good entertainment

As a bit of a hopeless romantic, I love the concept of Don't Tell the Bride where the bride and groom are given £12,000 for their wedding on the condition that the groom organises everything on his own.

I find the show extremely entertaining to watch as the grooms often underestimate how much time and effort goes into planning a wedding but there is a bit of me that wonders, maybe the bride and groom just plan what they want beforehand so the groom just has to make out he's making all the decisions for the camera? On the other hand, I think this couldn't possibly be the case after seeing some of the people who feature in the show. Surely, if two people are getting married they must atleast have a basic understanding of their partner's likes and dislikes.

One such episode that comes to mind is when the groom bases his decision of having the wedding in the UK or in Vegas on a spin of roulette. It lands on Vegas and he actually follows it through but then ends up upsetting his bride to the extent where she doesn't even know whether or not there will be a wedding because most of her family can't be there. Surely any man would have the common sense to know having family members at the wedding is a huge thing? Though I suppose this is a criticism of that particular person and not the show as a whole.

It really is lovely when everything works out and the bride and groom are both happy. My favourite bit is when the groom sees the bride for the first time on the day of the wedding, he even cries sometimes!

The show is very light-hearted and easy to watch, perfect for watching after a rough day at work or with a drink.

Comments

• More +
      25.07.2014 23:35
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush vanilla dee lee body lotion

I got this lush body lotion for 20 pence on a carboot brand new which was an amazing price for a big full size bottle.

The product is a gorgeous scent and does smell much like vanilla does but a more toned down version of it. It is quite a thick lotion but is still very easy to blend into the skin when you are wet or dry. The scent lasts on your body for around 2 hours which I don't think is two bad for a lotion. It nourishes the skin a lot and makes it feel soft , smooth and healthy . It is perfect for all seasons especially summer as it feels so light on the skin .

The packaging to this product isn't the best. It is a clear bottle so you can see the product through it. There is a flip lid which is easy to get up and down however it isn't the easiest thing tosqueeze of the container . You have to be quite strong to do so which I'm not so instead I would recommend undoing the screw of lid and getting the product out that way . It is much easier and takes a lot less effort.

This packaging is not accepted in the lush recycling programme as that is for the black pots only however once cleaned up you could certainly reuse the bottle because there is a screw off lid. This product is not travel friendly as you can't put it in your hand luggage as it is over 100ml .
      Overall I would defo recommend this product xoxo Imogen

Comments

• Lush Mask of Magnaminty / Skin Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      25.07.2014 23:19
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush mask of magnaminty face mask

I purchased this lush face mask two months ago so I could start sorting my skin out before my leaving prom . I got the full size of this product and up to now I have absolutely loved it . I have been using it twice a week or more depending on how bad skin was feeling. I didn't always put it all over my face recently I have just been putting it on the areas that need a lot of help.

The packaging of the product is a nice black tub. It is very simple yet sterdy . You get an amazing amount of product for the price. The best thing about the packaging is the tub. At lush if you collect 5 of these black tubs and take them back to lush you receive a free fresh face mask in full size which is an amazing benefit.

The mask itself is very thick in texture. It is a green colour like seaweed and has things in it which exfoliate your skin a lot leaving your skin feeling smooth and very clean. The scent is quite unusual and personally I am not mad about it. It has a slight smell of mint .

The way I apply this mask varies depending on my skin that day. The downfall to this product is washing it off as it is pretty messy .

Overall I would really recommend buying this face mask and I will certainly buy it again when I have ran out. It made my skin glow and feel amazing it also cleaned up all of my blemishes making my skin perfect for prom .

Comments

• More +
      25.07.2014 23:03
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Tea tree cleanser from wilkinsons

I recently went in to wilkinson sand had a look on the sale rack , where I found the tea tree cleanser. I managed to get it for a bargain price of only 50 pence which I couldn't argue with considering the amount of product you receive in the bottle. I also picked up the facial wash , spot stick and cleansing pads which are all truly amazing aswell .

The packing is transparent which is a positive as you can see how much product is left. The liquid itself is a green shade which reminds me of the tea tree. It has a flip lid which is great in case you have wet or slippy hands at the time. Not much product comes out at once which is good as you have more control and you don't waste as much product.

The scent is very very strong to the point , when you go near your eyes they will begin to water however it is quite refreshing for the rest of your face .

The cleanser is very good for deep cleaning the skin and removing the excess makeup and dirt from throughout the day. It makes the skin feel very cool and clean which I love especially before I'm going to bed .

To apply the product I usually use a cotton wool pad as it doesn't absorb as much product like toilet roll does . I then just wipe it all over the skin avoiding the eye area.

This product certainly works as you can see all the rubbish left over on your cotton pad . Certainly recommend to anyone with blemishes or acne prone skin.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 65949
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33990

* Prices may differ from that shown