• Vax 6151SX / Vacuum Cleaner / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      05.07.2015 01:36

Advantages

• "good size container"
      • "light enough to carry"
      • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• none

clean up your carpets with a three wheeled machine

This is a nice little bagless vac, able to hold 3 ½ litres of dust before seriously blocking it up.
      It has 2400 watts of power and 230 watts of air power.
      It has a hepa filter, which means that it will catch more of the dust and stuff without spewing it out all over the room you are cleaning. Plus, it has something called an Anti bacterial filter which helps stop bacteria around the room.
      It weighs a mere 7kg, roughly, and is easy to manoeuvre around the rooms
      It came with a few bits, a combination floor head, a turbo head a telescopic tube and a 1 ½ meter long hose pipe which is concertinaed to make it stretch without any hassles.

It's about the right size for a vacuum cleaner and light enough to get up and down the stair without struggling or having to take up weight lifting before hand. It has a handle on the top of it that lifts up in order to hep carry this vacuum up and down the stairs
      It has three wheels, two at the rear and the directional wheel at the front.

It is easy to clean the filter and even easier to empty the dust container. It's all just a matter of un-clipping, cleaning and clicking back into place.
      The hepa filter does a good job in keeping the dust to a minimum, and the motor is powerful enough to suck up most of the dust and stuff from off the floor without too much effort.
      The hose is flexible enough to get around corners without snagging on the door frames and the wheel spin well enough to roll easily over what ever surface you have on your floor.

This cost just over £100, which is good money for what is a good enough vacuum cleaner that will keep the average home clean. If you own a large mansion then you may need to get a better vacuum for your maid to use as this will take them too long to clean the house.

05.07.2015 01:01

Advantages

• "easy enough to fit"
      • "long shower head hose"
      • "looks ok"

Disadvantages

• "broke on first test run"

This is a shower that should have remained on the drawing board.

I remember fitting this a few years back, getting it at a low cost of £50, but soon realised the reason for the low price.
      It looks like a basic shower, and it is basic, having two controls in the form of dials. The top smaller dial is the on/off button with the larger being the actual heat control, which changes the pressure of the water as well as the heat as the colder the water the higher the pressure.
      It came with the show head and flexible piping, together with a wall mounted pole and white plastic bracket type thing that slide up and down the metal pole.
      As I said, this looks basic, nothing fancy about it at all, but it is the failure of the entire system that made my angry about not only paying £50 for it but also plumbing it in and then having to replace it. Fortunately, when I took it back to the shop I got it from they accepted it and offered me a different one, even though I had used the shower and also, to get it fitted, I had sliced a small circular section from the bottom in order to get the water pipe into the inlet connector.
      The first thing I noticed about it is that the pressure was no good from the start, even when the dial was whacked down to cold. The water seemed to just trickle out like a pensioner having a wee.
      Then one of the components inside the shower blackened and then burnt out, with the whiff of burning plastic and a puff of smoke. Luckily, this happened as I was testing it out so there was no danger of it causing a fire or electrocuting anyone.
      I first thought I had done something wrong, even after double checking the wiring. But the wiring was fine, so I was not the cause of the burning out.
      The shower head itself is not too bad, have three different setting, all found using the swivel of the ring on the outside of the spray head. I even thought that maybe the head was blocked, only the water pressure remains grim even without the head fitted.

I have used Triton brand names before and had no real issues with them but this is one of those showers that should be ok but, for some reason, it fell flat even before anyone had had a shower under.
      It could have been a simple dodgy shower, one in a million, so to speak, but I tend to steer clear of these cheep basic showers these days

• Karcher 470 / Pressure Washer / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      05.07.2015 00:38

Advantages

• "easy to connect heads"
      • "easy to grip handle and trigger"
      • "great pressure"
      • "works well"
      • powerful

Disadvantages

• none

If only life's pressures were so easy to handle

One of the greatest ideas I have ever used is the good old fashioned pressure washer. I mean, how did we cope before these things when it came to washing our cars of getting those paving stones on the patio gunk free?
      This is one of the many pressure washers that I have used.
      It came with the trigger section and three connectible heads, each one giving out a good wallop of power, jetting a spray that could knock a person off their feet.
      It sits on an upright position, with a handle on the top that pulls up so that you can drag the machine along using the wheels on either sides of the bottom.
      The water inlet valves and outlet valve are on the side, with the electric cable on the other side. The cable itself is a good five metres long so, if liker m, your cars is parked more than five meters away that you are going to need an extension lead.
      The actual hose is longer than the mains cable, being 6 metres, which, in all, gives you just short of 12 metres if you stretched the entire thing from the plug socket to the tip of the blaster.
      It has a safety cut off switch which cuts the machine out if it is run without water flowing through it. This saves the motor from early retirement.
      It runs on a 1800 watt air cooled motor with a maximum of 130 bar.
      It has three wheels on it. Two large ones either side of the base when it is stood up and one smaller wheel near the opposite end in the middle. This little wheel helps manoeuvre the machine when it is moved on the lower side.
      It is one of those machines that can be run from a water but and not just a tap. All you have to do is put one end of the hose pipe, which you have to buy separately of course, with the other end slotted into the machines inlet valve. Then pull the trigger. As long as the hose has no end blocked it will suck up the water and spray it out at a high rate. This is great for when a hosepipe ban is in place, so it might be wise to invest in a water but and fill that up.
      This well known pressure washer sells for about £150, which may sound a lot but this machine is worth the money.

• Sainsbury's TU Clothing / Clothing / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      04.07.2015 23:48

Advantages

• "Good variety"
      • "Good quality"
      • Affordable
      • Fashionable

Disadvantages

TU clothing range from Sainsbury's is affordable and good quality

I used to think that clothes bought from a supermarket would not be the best quality but I really love the TU range at Sainsbury's and I thoroughly enjoy a look round the fashion section before doing my twice weekly shop.

They have great sales and also about every four to six weeks the whole range is marked down by 25% which is a fantastic saving.

I have purchased many items for my family from the TU range and always find them to be really good quality and good with the sizing. There is always something new in store every time I visit and even when I cannot afford to buy I get pleasure looking to see what is available and hoping that when the sale comes along they will still have what I like the look of when I have some cash to spare.

I also love the Gok Wan range and very impressed with the quality of his clothes and also those from the normal TU range.

I have purchased several items of clothing all of which wash well, look great and also I am getting lots of wear out of them.

I do occasionally buy something I really need at full price because the clothes are very reasonable but being the bargain hunter I am, I get great satisfaction from snapping up a lower priced item. They have something for everyone and for all occasions which makes it an ideal place to get affordable good quality clothes.

Women, men and kids are all catered for and also the shoe range is good too although the men's section does not seem to have many shoes apart from canvas shoes and trainers.

I would recommend the TU clothing range to anyone looking for clothes that are good quality for a low price.

04.07.2015 23:40

Advantages

• "Bright colour "

Disadvantages

• "Bleeds around the lips"

A generally good lipstick

I was given this Calvin Klein lipstick as a gift from my aunt and seeing the designer brand I was expecting good things. Although the bright red colour was vibrant and exactly what I was looking for, after applying the lipstick and going out for the day I noticed that the red colour had started to slowly spread or bleed around the lips up into the skin.

Despite the problem I found with bleeding, I discovered that this problem is preventable if you apply an extremely thin base coat of the lipstick onto the lips, allowing it to dry, them following it with a slightly thicker coat of the colour, blotting, them reapplying. This rather time consuming process is certainly worth it as the lipstick seems to have a chance to dry in thin layers and fix itself for longer.

Another way to prevent the spread is to apply lipliner around the lips before progressing with the above suggestions. Some people might not even exprience such problems, I think it depends on your skin type and lip shape. Different lipsticks survive differently in varying heats, therefore the issue I experienced could have been a result of warm weatehr and a tiny bit of sweat causing the lipstick to smudge.

Asside from this, the lipstick is certainly shiny and moisturising unlike many lipsticks on the market at the moment that last a long time but don't give that desirable shine. Although the texture is a little bit too wet, I wouldn't rule this lipstick out as it comes in lovely colours and does last if applied properly in cold weather.

04.07.2015 23:33

Advantages

• "Good price"
      • "Restores dry and damaged skin on hands"

Disadvantages

• "None "

Smells lovely

I have dry skin on my hands and I have to take special care to ensure that they are hydrated. Whenever my hands have been in water they are prone to splitting on and around the knuckle area. I first started to use Marks and Spencer Coconut Hand Cream about a year ago when I borrowed a little bit from my friend at work as she was sitting opposite me. I immediately fell in love with the rich creamy coconut smell and after I had used it I noticed how very soft and supple my hands felt compared to the way they had before.

It was for this reason that I bought my first ever tube and paid only £1 for a generous 100ml tube. The hand cream itself is white in colour and it is very thick and creamy. The smell is to die for and it lasts for ages on my skin, long after it has been absorbed. It is brilliant at just melting into my parched skin and it is absorbed very quickly indeed and doe not leave my hands feeling at all sticky or tacky afterwards.

I now permanently have a tube of this at my desk in the office so I do use it frequently throughout the day whilst I am at work and now my friend borrows mine! It is such a pretty looking tube too and looks really lovely. There is nothing at all negative I can say about it and I really recommend it.

04.07.2015 23:23

Advantages

• "It conditions and hydrates my nails "

Disadvantages

• "None for me "

The conditioning remover

I use nail varnish every day and my nails are prone to breaking and so I have to be very careful to use conditioning nail polish removers in order not to make the problem any worse. I love the Cutex range as I always feel they are really good quality and also affordably priced.

Sometimes my nail polish manages to really stain my nails badly, especially if I have used a really dark colour with a lot of pigment in. It was for this reason that I started to use Cutex Ultra Cleansing Nail polish remove as this really does manage to get off even the darkest of mail polishes and it doesn’t just smudge it off the nail either so it gets onto the skin.

I pay £2.59 for a 100ml sized bottle and it lasts me for ages. Another good thing about this nail polish remover is that it really seems to condition my nails and hydrates them and my nails have been less prone to splitting and breaking since I have been using this.

The remover contains (amongst other things) Fruit Acid, Green Tea Extract and Vitamin E. It doesn’t seem to smell as strong as some other nail polish removers I have used in the past and I just generally really like it and cannot say anything negative about it.

It may cost slightly more than the shop's own brands I have bought in the past but I really do think that this one is money well spent.

04.07.2015 23:14

Advantages

• "Low cost "
      • "Defines curls"
      • "Lasting hold"

Disadvantages

Overall, a perfect mousse!

I'd just like to start by stating that this mousse is my all-time favourite, no other mousse I've ever tried has beat its low cost and satisfying effects.

I was recommended this mousse by my auntie who has a friend who always raves on about the high quality of Boots' budget mousses. At such a low price it didn't take much consideration before I invested in a can for myself. As someone with curly/ wavy hair that can sometimes separate and turn into a giant ball of frizz I need something that'll define my curls giving extra boost and volume while decreasing those outlying strands of hair that create frizz.

The ritual I follow with the application of my Boots mousse is the wash and condition my hair, gently squeeze the water out with a towel, apply a small blob of hair oil (I use Macadamia) then apply heaps of the mousse by scrunching my curls and individually creating them with a small amount of mousse on the fingers. Sometimes I use a diffuser to dry my hair but the mousse seems to hold the curls in place just as well if I leave it to dry naturally.

I've only ever tried one other mousse, a more expensive brand, but it seemed to create solid, sticky curls rather than natural soft and defined ones. One of the best things about this mousse is how it isn't sticky or gluey like some other mousses, it looks completely invisible and has an ok smell. I have to shake it vigorously before squirting it or it just doesn't give enough lift.

04.07.2015 22:56

Advantages

• "Defines and shapes"
      • "Good price"
      • "Easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "None "

Lips!!

I never used to use lip liner until I reached my mid thirties and now hardly a day goes bay without my applying liner first before I put on my lipstick. I use it because I really do feel that it gives definition to my lips and also it helps the lipstick to last longer without the need to keep re applying.

My lip liner of the moment is Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Liner and this costs me just less than £4 from Bots.

This liner is retractable and does not need sharpening and it is the softest and most creamy li liner I have ever used. You have to be really careful not to pull out too much of the liner when you are using it as it is quite fragile and it can snap so keep it short and it lasts longer, in other words.

There are six shades in total to choose from in the range and I use the fairly lighter neutral one though there is one to match every shade of skin.

It lasts all days and I never need to re apply it and it has a little protective cap to put on when you are not using it to keep the creamy pencil intact. Using a lop liner always takes practice, and a steady hand though it personally find it is easy to use this type of creamy liner than the old fashioned pencil type.

I love this lip liner, it is so natural looking and very easy to apply.

Highly recommended.

• Etihad Airways / Airline / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.07.2015 22:55

Advantages

• "Decent IFE"
      • "Cheap fares"

Disadvantages

• "Miniscule portions of food"
      • "Staff treatment of passengers"
      • "Older aircraft"
      • "Poor ground staff"
      • "Poor customer service"

Horrendous! Travel back to the dark ages of bad service! Avoid as its truly cheap!

I had the misfortune to travel on this - horrendous airline, while planning a short trip to visit the middle east.

The fares were attractive, and as a flyer, I am also eager to try new airlines and gain new experiences.

My route was LON - AUH - LON.

Prior to my departure to the middle east, I kept receiving numerous emails about changes to my flight timings. At one point I found this ridiculous and annoying as surely an airline schedule cannot change much right? Nevertheless, I overlooked this fact and the day for my short holiday came.

So a summary of my flight:

OUTGOING LEG:
      Airbus A340-600. Amazing aircraft but the seating was horrendous. It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "packed like sardines in a sardine can". The seats themselves were so uncomfortable.

IFE was decent, but when meal time came around I was utterly shocked to see the tiny portions. It was something of a size of a kraft philadephia cheese box! That tiny! Thankfully there were alot of drinks being offered.

INBOUND LEG:
      Again the flight was on an A340-600. Great aircraft. However because of bad weather, we were kept waiting for 3 hours with no refreshments or notice of what was happening, until the final 30 mins when were were rushed onto the plane. Again the food service was poor and seating was so painful that I rather have sat on the floor. The biggest issue for me is when I reached and picked my luggage up, the lock had been broken into. THANKFULLY nothing was stolen.

I complained to the staff and they asked me to call a customer service number. NOW...7 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE, AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO GET IN TOUCH, EMAILS, PHONE CALLS AND HORRENDOUS TREATMENT FROM THEIR STAFF, etihad refuse to acknowledge that they did any damage, even tho IATA states that the airline has responsibility.

Now how can a samsonite lock be broken off? unless someone tried getting into it?

The whole flying experience itself, is the worst I have ever had.

I've flown numerous airlines such as Air India, Kuwait Airways, Emirates, US Airways, ANA, Lufthansa, TAP, Alitalia, Cathay and even airlines in developing countries and I've never recieved such bad treatment, had such a bad experience or felt hungry the entire flight!

I might be attracted to cheap fares, but I dont think it should mean you are treated like a poor third class citizen. Even Ryan air has a better overall experience.

My advice - dont fly. It's time we customers supported good customer service and good companies that dont treat their customers like third class citizens!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.07.2015 22:43

Advantages

• "Easy to customize "
      • Fast

Excellent!!

Excellent. Arrived early. Arrived exactly as requested.

04.07.2015 22:32

Advantages

• "Unforgetable story and characters"
      • "Outstanding music composition"
      • "Unforgettable gameplay experience"
      • "Gorgeous HD cel shaded graphics"
      • "One of the finest games ever made"

Disadvantages

• "Sometimes the open world feels too large "
      • "Might not be as fresh as this is a remake"

THE Bottom line is this is how a remake should be done! 10/10

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was first released on the Nintendo GameCube over a decade ago during Christmas 2003. Since then, it has continually been considered as one of the best Zelda's and best adventure game made period.

Ten years later, Nintendo decided to remake this fantastic game for a whole new generation and new console, the Wii U. How does it fare? For simplicty, I've broken the review into sub sections:

Story 9/10

The game itself does not stray far from the classic Legend of Zelda formula. You, as the player, take control of Link in an epic quest to rid the world of an immense evil.

Wind Waker takes place in one of the Zelda timelines in which at the end of Ocarina of Time, Ganon has not been defeated. This sparked fear into the Gods and the flooded the lands of Hyrule as means to defeat him... and this is where the story picks up from. The rest you'd have to witness and experience for yourself as I don't want to spoil it for you if you are a first time player.

Graphics 10/10

The original game looked amazing 10 years ago, and it still holds up today as a timeless classic. 10 years on, things have only gotten better with this remake. Nintendo has given it alot of love, polish and pizazz and it shows. With amazing vibrancy to full on bloom effects and smoothness like melting butter. You will be blown away.

Gameplay 10/10

The gameplay again is classic Zelda, where you will spend most of your time sailing the vast seas, exploring islands, hunting for treasure, sea battling and travelling from destination to destination. With such a huge world, players might find it daunting.. that said it definitely gives you the vibe of being a Christopher Colombus, or a hearty pirate searching for treasure :D

Zelda is famous for its dungeons, and these also stick to the classic formula. Rooms, enemies, puzzles and the boss.

There are also a few things changed in this remake, such as faster sailing, improved quests and also the much awaited - Miiverse integration. Nintendo also included a funky new item called the Tingle Bottle. As you sail the seas, you will encounter hundreds of tiny bottles in the sea, each containing a message from another player around the world and you can even send your own! It is such a cool feature and helps the world feel more alive and believable!

Controls 10/10

There's not really much to say about the standard controls here. Nintendo made them identical the original back on the GameCube. In other words - Faultless!

The only addition is the GamePad's second-screen where the player can switch between Map mode and Inventory mode and they do pretty much as the name suggest.

When in the Overworld, or when the player has found a dungeons corresponding map, Map mode shows a detailed view of the map you are currently on. Inventory mode allows for quick access of items and equipment without the need for pausing the game, making the gameplay a lot more fluid.

Wind Waker HD is also playable entirely on just the GamePad's screen, via Off-TV Play.

• Kodak ESP 1.2 / All in one Printer / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      04.07.2015 21:28

Advantages

• "all in one"
      • "great finish"
      • "easy to use"
      • "Easy to set up"

Disadvantages

• none

Kodak are more than just cameras now

I was given this printer a while back and then used it for many hours a week over the time I had it.
      It was so simple to use, offering the three functions that you need when it comes to office paper work. It has the printer, a copier and a scanner, which is all you need really.
      It is both wired connection, and WiFi, which means that you can print what ever you want to from anywhere in the house. Even from a mobile phone
      There is a little screen on the top right of the machine which may be small but it shows the right amount of information in an easy to understand way. It has a few buttons surrounding the screen that control what you do and how you do it. There's the scroll button, a home button, back button and a cancel button.
      On the front, just below the screen, there is the power button, a green light that flashes when you are connected to it wirelessly and then there's the external memory card slot so that you can print things straight from the card without the need of a PC
      The paper sits into a slot in the rear of the machine, with this slot having a frame around it so that your papers sit in it without flopping from side to side.
      The scan section hides under the the lid that covers nearly all the top section. You lift this lid and see the glass with the scanning eye underneath the glass. This works the same way as any other scanner, you place the paper you want scanning onto the glass, using the arrows in the corner that show you where to place it. Then close the lid and press the scanning actions. This scans the paper and sends the data to your PC. This is how you copy too, but instead of scanning you press copy, with the data being printed on paper rather than sent to your PC.
      The print quality is excellent, although that does depend on the quality of the paper and the state of the image you want to copy or scan. But the printer itself is one of those that are easy to handle and offer all that you need when it comes to home printing.

• HTC Desire 310 / Mobile Phone / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      04.07.2015 21:08

Advantages

• "More free and variety of apps than Windowsphone"
      • "Great budget starter android smartphone"
      • "Cheapest best value 4.5 inch screen around"
      • "Good battery life"

Disadvantages

• "Fiddly simload"
      • "Drag and drop system"
      • "Pedantic navigation"

Smart and desirable phone?

Ciao’s biggest drawback as a product review site is we tend to review new things as soon as we get them, which I am about to do, and which we are encouraged to so. It’s a bit of a contradiction. Six months from now my review on this phone maybe very different, as it definitely would be for my last PAYG smartphone, hence me buying a new one. That was a brand new Nokia 520 on the Vodafone network, which I really liked but it soon began to freeze up, eventually totally frozen and unusable after 11 months use. Even with soft and hard reset and taking the battery out it remained frozen, and because you cant get in their and run virus protection to manually fix it there is nothing you can do but hope for a refund or a place locally that honors the guarantee and fixes it for free. The old style mobile phones maybe basic but they are way more durable. Phones are no longer for making calls and texting with though. Fortunately, Amazon were remarkably understanding and quick in giving me a full refund for something I had been using for 11 months and so I had enough cash to buy another smartphone on Amazon. That would suggest Windowsphone’s freeze up a lot and they aint going to argue the toss. I would highly recommend you use the online help center on Amazon to try and blag a refund. Just ask where the nearest under guarantee repair agent is.

So this time I wanted to try android software as I now know they have far more free apps than windowsphones and the only one to have the BBC app that runs live county cricket commentaries, a big reason why I bought a smartphone for work. Because of my low end price range I was limited on the smartphone model I could buy on Amazon to exploit my refund. My range was £60-£80 pounds and so a discount sort, which means an older model. But I’m not remotely influenced by brands and newness and won’t be paying an extra £100 for an Iphone that is no different to a £100 cheaper Sony. All that extra you pay to Apple goes straight in their top pockets anyway. Yes, you are mugs.
      After a lot of uming and arring I narrowed it down to two models and chose the HTC Desire 310. I let other and more pedantic electronic centered product review sites like techradar.com put me off other models. The HTC was android, PAYG and Vodafone so need to worry about switching networks and numbers.

The android operating system looks more like the ubiquitous Windows PC operating system than the actual windowsphone operating system looks like a windows operating system. Part of my review will be comparing the two. Actually I quite like the simplicity of the windowsphone square stacking Jenga but not happy when that tower all falls down. If you imagine WindowsXP in a 4.5 inch by 2 inch space then that’s android on your phone. The 310 has a bigger screen than the Nokia 520 and another reason I bought this model. I’m not interested in the bigger screen showing off as I want the phone to remain a portable phone that fits in my pocket and not obvious for villains. The bigger they are the more likely to fall out off your pocket - and into somebody else’s.

Setting up the 310 from out of the box is quite awkward as you don’t get very good instructions on how to put the simcard in and deal with the padlock symbol when the phone is up and running. This model uses the larger simcard and you have to slide it under a metal bracket thing quite forcefully, not detailed in the instructions. My last phone had the smaller smart sim on it and so no transfer credit options. I wasn’t expecting the biggest sim size in this.

The phone shows you the battery charge screen on first boot so best get it up to 100% first to be on the safe side. The battery is larger than the Nokia 520 and so a heavier phone all around. Once you have the start screen you need to drag up the screen to the padlock symbol and it takes you to your google search. Its really awkward and no instructions how to do that in the box either. I decided to use a YouTube tutorial to set up and explore the phone correctly. I advise you do the same with all of your technology. Mistakes on the boot up can be a problem to fix.

I purchased a magnetic clip case to go with on Amazon as the screens scratch and crack easy. The Nokia 520 had a dreadful screen removal method involving your nails to get to the battery and cracked very easily. I had to buy a new digitized screen just to send it back after it finally shattered from trying to fix it. It’s much easier and safer to get to the battery on the HTC 310 and the back clicks back nicely.

It looks nice in the hand and a good clear screen. I left the thin plastic protective film on the phone screen as it kills that irritating reflection some. It’s like those peel offs in Grand Prix racing on the drivers helmets, splattered flies replaced with smudgy fingerprints. It also helps to stop the screen cracking so may as well leave it on. Its touch screen is sensitive enough and the apps only require one click to load. The buttons on the side of the phone for on/off and volume are a little fiddly when the case is on and if you are worried about battery ‘out and about’ you need to turn it off sometimes. From what I can tell of battery use it’s pretty good on this phone and far better than the Nokia. I fully charged it last Friday and still going. It also has a slot to add a STD memory card and an earphone jack.

It feels durable in the hand, and in the case would survive a big drop. For £55 (reduced £80) it already feels like a good deal. I’m not sure why anyone would want to pay £300 for an Iphone when lower range phones do pretty much the same things. Security wise this one does have face recognition but it does warn you that people with ‘similar faces’ could get access to your phone? I know some phones have fingerprint and retina display security but that’s pointless as the thief (or your partner) need only put the sim in another phone. You can also pin protect but more messing around there.

Good virtual keyboard on this one and way better than the Nokia version. My fingers tips actually fit the tabs and don’t press two at the same time. There is a slight issue with the 4.5 inch screen in that if you look at it straight-on it’s quite bright and loses resolution but if you tilt it up the color is even brighter and if you hold it down, much richer. It’s not so noticeable with general text website just color and definition stuff. You can customize that front screen the way you do Windows PC desktop software.

Video looks great and easy flip and rotate with the wrist to adjust for how you hold the phone (YouTube is preloaded). It has the standard 5MP camera with 1080p HD images and a powerful 1.3 GHZ processor that enables you to hop around apps quickly. The drag and drop thing to get rid of apps and files is a bit tetchy. The Blinkfeed software is cool and enables you to run stuff like Facebook and Twitter on your front screen at the same time in different windows.

On the whole it does everything you ask of it and if you are not pretentious about brand and spec great value although a little pedantic on things like shutting down and which browser to use. It’s hi-res and preload apps mean you are ready to go. Once you have registered with Google (G-mail address) it’s very easy to download free apps from the Google store quickly. Also there are lots of useful Vodafone updates available from the off. There are things to mess around with in the guts of the phone like games and calculators and you can also have the Google version of ‘Cortana’ where the voice talks back to you to help with searching and using stuff online. Remember that only 25% of smartphones are windowsphones and so most apps geared towards android.

===Plusses===

• Onkyo HT-S9405THX / Home Cinema System / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.07.2015 17:33

Advantages

• "Very nice looking"
      • "Nice price "
      • "Easy setup"
      • "Great sound"

Disadvantages

• "No native dvd or blue ray player"

In conclusion this is a very good product and would recommend it!

Right out of the box, I should say that among home theater in a box systems, the Onkyo HT-S9400THX is arguably the best deal on the comparison chart. The features you get for the money you spend weighs heavily in favor of it's features.

In the box of the Onkyo HT-S9400THX, you will find the following components: an AV receiver, seven different speakers and of course the subwoofer. I were impressed at how easy it is to set up this system. Where to place each speaker in any given room is easily found. The system includes a microphone that detects where you place each speaker. It then calibrates the system to that certain setup, giving you an optimum listening experience no matter the setup you choose.

The THX on the end of the Onkyo HT-S9400THX indicates that the system uses the THX standard for its surround sound experience. Millions of movie theaters around the world use the same standard. Bringing THX into your home is never considered a mistake. Onkyo did a great job building this powerful sound system into its quite small speaker system.

One drawback to the Onkyo HT-S9400THX is that it does not include a original DVD or Blu-ray player. It's perfectly compatible with a vast majority of the players on today's market though. However, an integrated player would ensure that the system's settings and controls are best suited for that particular player. You can achieve the same effect, but you have to mess around with the menus and settings for a little while.

A cool feature of this system we should mention is that you can use your iPhone as a remote control for the Onkyo HT-S9400THX. All you have to do is go on the app store and search Onkyo, and the first result should be the Onkyo Remote app. It's free and is a great tool to get, especially for those who are always losing remote controls.

Connectivity features on the Onkyo HT-S9400THX leave little to be achieved. It boasts four separate HDMI ports. Therefore, you can connect multiple HD devices to the system simultaneously. Other options include the very good composite, component and coaxial connections for analog devices that utilize the analog signals.

The Onkyo HT-S9400THX posses the ability to stream content straight from the internet. All the popular streaming sites such as Hulu, YouTube, Pandora and more are available right from the system's menus.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown