• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      05.03.2015 05:19

Advantages

• "Great communication throughout"
      • "No pressure or hardselling"
      • "Great choice"
      • "Personal feel to creating your own pc"
      • "Highlights hardware conflicts"
      • "Running total"
      • "Well payed out website"
      • "quick to choose"

Disadvantages

Fast reliable solid one stop PC greatness

This is the second time I have used PC Specialist and I hold them in high regard.
      They have a great website that guides you with ease throgh the process of making your bespoke computer without anybody trying to sell you addons or things you don't need or want.
      My laptop turned up well packaged And well within the time allocated.
      Turned it on and boom its pre configured and ready to go!! No mess no fuss computing.
      Great service.
      Daniel Coleclough
      Bournemouth

05.03.2015 02:10

Advantages

• "non greasy"

Disadvantages

light weight mattifying spf

I bought this after seeing it a magazine and all the other SPFs I used appeared to give me spots.

I found this to be non greasy and it did not appear to make my skin break out. It is the only thing I use on my face now in the sun.

The bottle is an odd shape but is easy to handle and its a nice narrow size which fits well into you handbag without taking up lots of room like tubes do.

I found this SPF did keep my skin matte for a good few hours! I was very impressed. In the summer under make up it made my makeup last longer before it begins to get hot and slide off. It provided an nice matt base to apply make up over the top.

At £10-£15 it is no more expensive that another good SPF brand if not better than most. And it is just as easily available now in the UK.

It is great for sensitive skin and is hypoallergenic. My skin is very sensitive so having an spf with no parebens is really important to me and it is non comedogenic which is also vital to keep my skin clear!

This product is great for oily skin, sensitive skin and combination skin and does not feel greasy on application. In fact it feels like quite a watery, light texture.

This also comes in a factor 50 if you need a higher factor. I totally recommend this product!

05.03.2015 02:10

Advantages

• "Great graphics and gameplay!"
      • "Awesome user base!"
      • "Countless hours of fun!"

Disadvantages

• "A little big."

Great system!

The PlayStation 4 serves up stunning graphics, runs on a simple, beautiful interface and utilizes a fantastic controller. It has the upper hand on all types of games and can stream straight to twitch.tv, and even upload to youtube too. The PS4 makes it super easy to capture and broadcast gameplay online and generally delivers faster performance than its competition. And it also is a Blu-ray player.
      It sucks that PS3 games aren't compatible and PlayStation streaming isn't flawless. The Xbox One (and even the PS3) has a slight edge on non-gaming entertainment features such as media streaming, media app support, and remote-control compatibility.
      Despite the negatives about this system, the PlayStation 4's beautiful graphics, smart interface, blazing performance, near-perfect controller and better indie offerings give it a slight edge over the Xbox One as both consoles enter their second year. If you are looking for a good pass-time or just want to play some games with family, the PS4 is the way to go. Again, it is great for gaming, streaming, and waching movies for everyone in the family. You cannot go wrong with the PS4, that is, if you have enough room for this system to go. Another great thing about the PS4 is its look, the cutting edges and symmetrical design make it a beautiful platform to look at. The DS4 controller fits much better than the old DS3 controller did for the PS3. DS4 controllers have an extra grip on the back that doesnt allow sweating so much on your hands.

05.03.2015 01:53

Advantages

• "comforting feel"
      • "smells amazing"
      • moisturising

Disadvantages

Soothing calming cream

I was given this cream by my beautician as a gift to try once. This cream is like a misty coloured cream and is amazing on everything. I used it on my dry lips, around my eyes, dry skin on my cheeks, neck and the backs of my hand.

It smells amazing and has a very comforting aroma. I instantly knew I was doing my skin a favour when I put this on. It left my skin moisturised.

I used it on a scrape i got on my head (don't ask!) and it did not sting at all when I put it on. The cream is very gently and I found it to sink in to my skin almost immediately.

You only need to use a tiny amount which means the air tight sealed bottle will last for months.. If you don't use it on everything like i did that is.

Its a great cream to put on before bed as the smell is very soothing and relaxing. Because it contains Willow, Myrrh, Amino Acids and Lavender it is perfect for bedtime use.

I also found it was good at keeping bad skin a minimal level. My skin is irritated by the winter winds and my skin ends up dry but with spots so I found this product good for soothing my skin and clearing it up without causing irritation.

The only thing bad is the price. At £50 its not cheap but if you think it will last you many months its worth the money.

05.03.2015 01:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

Super bitter cloudy lemonade, really hits the spot

So if you want to feel refreshed AF then this is the drink for you!

I first had this in an italian restaurant in the UK as part of a drink called a 'Vodka Limonata' - literally San Pel with Vodka in it - simple but pure heaven. So then I was hooked.
      It's available in all your standard supermarkets and actually they've just started serving this in Wetherspoons UK for the absolute bargain price of 99p - insane considering I pay up to £3 for this if I go out to an Italian restaurant!

It's perfect for me as a lover of lemon flavored anything and also anything sour - the sourer the better! IF you're not a huge fan of sourness or sharpness then I would say avoid this drink, Xos its hella sharp. But in my opinion that just makes it extra thirst quenching and really hits the spot!

So two downsides for other people to consider would be a) if you don't like sour, don't go there and b) the cost - DEPENDING where you purchase from.

05.03.2015 01:41

Advantages

• refershing
      • "quick to use"

Disadvantages

• "difficult to get the last bit out"
      • price

quicker more refreshing than original

The Eve Lom Morning time cleanser is a quicker version of the original cleanser. There is no need to use this one with a muslin cloth, just leave on for two minutes and rinse. It is a cleanser that can be used every morning. It is cheaper to purchase that the original cleanser at £40 for 125ml. It is made with papaya enzyme extract and carrot oil, to create a refreshing cleanse for the start of your day.

I only need to use a tiny amount as a little goes a long way. It takes my make up off easily and melts into my skin when I apply it. I find this is excellent to use with a cleansing brush or something similar.

One thing I do find frustrating is the packaging. As it is not a cheap product to use I like to use every last bit inside. The packaging tube make it hard to extract every last drop so I often resort to cutting the tube open to get the last bit out.

The lid is a twist to open lid meaning it twists halfway to allow the product out. The lid does not come off and this means you can never lose the lid it simply allows for a gap to extract the product.

The product itself smells more to my like a herb (rosemary like) but this is not listed in the ingredients and i think this is the cone oil I can smell. The ingredients are listed as;

HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, LANOLIN OIL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, PAPAIN, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL, HUMULUS LUPULUS (HOPS) CONE OIL, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF OIL, EUGENIA CARYOPHYLLUS (CLOVE) LEAF OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, BETA-CAROTENE, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) SEED OIL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE.

• Sony MDR-ZX100P / Headphones / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      05.03.2015 00:30

Advantages

• "comfort sound quality appearance "

Disadvantages

An excellent buy for those wanting privacy in their own front room

I purchased the Sony MDR-ZX100W Outdoor Headband Headphones on a great deal from Amazon UK on free delivery. I bought these excellent headphones because they were white as I have no media experience all the complicated doesn't register with me. What impresses me is a low price and the great product which does the exact job it was meant for. I am able to watch films and/or television programs and listen to music usually YouTube on my laptop sat right beside my husband who will either be watching sport some dull auction program or 'How it's Made' and I don't care how it's made anymore thank you. The headphones are comfortable even after wearing them for a good chunk of the evening. I have used earphones before and I find they can be irritating and uncomfortable but worst of all they go missing. Because they are white I can find them easily even when they are in my sons bedroom when he steals them because he thinks they are great too. I don't understand about base quality I just need to know that I can hear dialogue and lyrics clearly. It's vital obviously that not only is the sound good going into my ears but the headphones must keep 'other' sound out. There is no point if I can hear sound coming in over the top of my favourite television series. The headphones can be used outdoors I think for those somewhat more trendy than me the headphones do look good but I am not planning on having any photographs taken anytime soon. But if you were a younger user a teen or a young adult these headphones would be just about perfect I should think.

• Vicks Inhaler / Medicine / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      05.03.2015 00:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

Give that stuffy nose some stick!

There is nothing worse than that congested feeling when you can't speak properly because of feeling thoroughly blocked up and you can't think what you're doing because of that stuffy head that just won't go away.
      There are lots of cold remedies on the market but my pocket relief is the little Vicks Inhaler which I've been using for years to solve a stuffy nose. You simply hold to a nostril and breath in the menthol vapour which steadily clear the blockage and quickly make you feel a lot better.
      Ok so this is not a miracle cure and sometimes it offers a bit of relief rather than a totally clear nose. But the stick works as good as it will do straight away and is small and discreet enough to tuck into a pocket or purse when the need arises, though it's not something you would want to be using in the middle of a crowded room! The stick smells typical of Vicks products which in itself is soothing when you're not feeling very well.
      The smell of the stick lasts long after your cold has finished, but for hygiene reasons I wouldn't be hanging on to the same one for ever.
      As far as cold remedies are concerned, these little sticks are easily purchased from chemists and supermarkets and don't cost a fortune to buy. The stick is made of sturdy plastic so doesn't squash or break easily in your bag. I would say that the Vicks Inhaler is ideal for those days when you have a busy day ahead but can't see much further than your bunged up nose . The effects might not be permanent but for a time at least you will get a little clarity.

• ebay.com / Auction / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.03.2015 23:49

Advantages

• "great for buyers"

Disadvantages

• "unfair for sellers"

eBay seems to be loosing its edge

I have been buying and selling on eBay for a number of years now and have found that it seems to be losing its market to rivals Amazon and in the craft handmade market Etsy is coming through.
      Ebay used to be the first port of call for me when online shopping but now even I tend to check out eBay's rivals first before making any purchases. The site itself is very straight forward and having your PayPal account linked to eBay makes your shopping experience very straight forward ,that is as long as your item arrives and you do not have to go through the lengthy process of contacting the seller and then trying to make a claim either through eBay, Paypal or Royal Mail.
      Selling on eBay is not as easy as it used to be and certainly the fees have gone up and in the past year eBay have also sneakily taken a percentage of the postage fee which in my opinion is very harsh as eBay themselves have nothing to do with the posting and it's the seller that has to do all the work. Also you have the risk of the buyer who claims they have not received an item the seller looses out there and has to refund or resend and due to eBay's unfair feedback system it leaves you with no choice but to give in.
      EBay`s final value fees have gone up dramatically putting sellers off and pushing them to the rival sites and with the rising costs of postage which is also likely to go up this year the buyers is less willing to pay these high costs and so starts looking elsewhere.
      Yes, there are many bargains on eBay but there is also a lot of fakes and replicas and is hard to weed out the better sellers from the bad ones. I have found eBay to be very profitable and easy to buy from a few years ago, but sadly it is not for me anymore and I am encouraged to go elsewhere.

• Allfancydress.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.03.2015 23:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Not willing to recommend alternatives"
      • Unhelpful
      • "Poor attitude"

WORST Service Ever...COMPUTER SAYS NOOOOOOO

I rang up for a pirate outfit for my son and the lady I spoke to (who claimed she was the owner!) was the most unhelpful person you could possibly imagine. They basically didn't have any stock for pirate outfits and I asked what stock they did have and she said "check the website". So I went through the painful process of choosing outfit after outfit to be told "we don't have that...(repeatedly)" she went on to say "it's not my fault we're sold out". When I asked if she could recommend anyone she was offended saying "I could hardly recommend a competitor". I finally had enough of the appalling service and decided to give tell her some home truths likening her attitude to the COMPUTER SAYS NO character from Little Britain and then put the phone down. I will never reward a company for such an poor attitude.
      BE WARNED.

• Iams Mixed Selection / Cat Food / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.03.2015 23:17

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not only a great bulk buy but is good for your cat's health

This is a fabulous buy from Pets at Home mainly due to their spectacular offers and delivery.

The pack consists of 44 sachets.
      3x Chicken in Gravy
      3x Beef in Gravy
      3x Salmon in Gravy
      3x Ocean fish gravy

All these are supporting the cat in the seven vital healthy signs that the company is passionate about promoting in animals care.

HEALTHY DIGESTION
      STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM
      BUILD MUSCLE
      HEALTHY SKIN AND COAT
      HEALTHY EYES
      CONGINTIVE
      STRONG BONES

This recipe for the cats contains:
      CALCIUM
      PREBIOTICS
      OMEGA 3 AND 6
      PHOSPHORUS
      ANITOXIDENTS

This is what we as owners should be looking for and so will the vet on regular checkups.
      Our cat in an indoor cat and the help with digestion that this wet food provides means we are significantly reducing the risk if urinary tract problems and kidney issues, also her weight is managed well. This company has thought of everything and developed by experts.

I don't think a price can be put on helping give your cat long-term support through the food they eat. We obviously want it to be tasty for them and that is what this company aims to do as well but having the knowledge and peace of mind to know that this is working in our cat morning, noon and night helps us know we're doing the right thing.

This retailed at the time £14, this is a massive saving long term for you as an owner as well.

I would highly recommend this product. x

• Iams Kitten & Junior / Cat Food / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.03.2015 23:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

The right tonic for kittens development

When our kitten came to us she was not eating well. The pet shop released her once she had gained the right weight, but we wanted to maintain that.
      After speaking to our vet, he recommended this kitten food and brand along with the dry food to be part of her healthy development of strong muscle and bones.

This packet of wet food is measured out correctly and advice is given on the product to how man pouches your kitten she eat and then how that changes as a cat.

Filled more with gravy, our kitten lapped this up and then came back for the fillets that were the right size for her tiny mouth.

I had no idea how important chicken is to a kitten or cat diet, especially pregnant cats, development, and digestion.
      This also adds support to the skin and coat as the kitten develops.
      Within the box, you get 10 pouches in chicken flavour. The chicken is mainly used for the extra protein and amino acids it gives the kitten to taste better and help the digestion process.

Overall our kitten loved this alongside the dry food and can happily add that this really helped her development to become stronger. We were happy to start with IAMS as the complete care they provide in their food for cats are tried and tested and even the vet recommended them which encouraged us.
      Our kitten health in her first year was great, the right weight and she developed so lovely and strong, our curtains suffered for it!

• Argos.co.uk / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      04.03.2015 22:48

Advantages

• " always one nearby"
      • "Wide range of stores"
      • "Really helpful staff"
      • "Usually always have what you're looking for"

Disadvantages

Would thoroughly reccommend!!

I have always loved argos, they have such a fantastic wide range of stuff, and everythings usually in stock or will be within a couple of times, i have used it numerous times over the years and very rarely been let down! Would reccommend this store to everyone and anyone looking to buy anything, always go to argos first! I have purchased things for myself, my partner, mother, father, daughters, friends etc and they always have what i am looking for and a wide range at that! They are very reasonably priced and have anything between a value range to a more luxurious price tag also! But they never fail to impress me and the staff are also always very friendly too :) overall i would have to say that argos would have to be one of my favourite stores out of everywhere i visit regularly, and they always have deals on, sonetimes really cheap too! :) and because they have so many stores, if the item i'm looking for is out of stock at one store then i usually find that there is a store not far from me that has the item in stock so i find argos very reliable and also really handy as they are ao close too, lastly i have to say that on the rare occasion i have had to exchange or return anything that i have never had a problem with that either, they are very helpful and have no dramas etc, they help you out no hassle, no mattet what the problem may be! :)

• Iams Adult Light / Cat Food / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.03.2015 22:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

A long term benefit for cats weight

All neutered and sterilised cats are prone to weight gain as they become less active after surgery and this tends to affect their urinary tract leading to kidney problems.
      Not only that but the weight gain can develop within the cat:

DIABETES
      ARTHRITIS
      INCREASED RISK OF COMPLICATION IN SURGERY
      GROOMING DIFFICULTIES.

This product sticks to the seven healthy signs that it promotes within all its products:
      HEALTHY DIGESTION
      STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM
      HEALTHY SKIN AND COAT
      HEALTHY EYES
      HEALTHY WEIGHT
      STRONG MUSCLES
      HEALTHY HEART

If you head to IAMS.CO.UK you will see a detailed page on the weight of cats, what they need to be fed and how much. They give strong help and advice to get you motivated to motivating your cat before an issue begins.

This product contains less magnesium to help maintain the cat's weight and how a very detailed grid of help on the product itself to help you weigh out your dry food.
      We found that Pets at Home was actually doing promotions on free measuring cups with products like these to help owners scoop the right amount out.

We found after feeding this routinely to our cat, when we treated her abit to much, that she seemed more satisfied and full and asked less for the extra treat. She seemed much more content so as owners we felt more responsible and happier that she still was getting all the help and nutrients as before but now there was help with her weight and keeping it under control.

04.03.2015 22:33

Advantages

• "Good value "
      • "Lots of choc chunks"
      • "Big chunky cookies"

Disadvantages

• "Sometimes under or over cooked"

When cooked well they are very delicious.

I have a bit of a weakness for biscuits and in my mind you can't beat the freshly baked ones from the supermarket. Ok some could make my own, but sometimes you just have a craving that needs satisfying there and then. Willpower? Not when it comes to the Sainsbury's choc chunk cookies, I don't. They usually cost a pound for 5 big cookies, which is brilliant value as you can pay 50-60p a cookie in some places for a something the same size.

Now the quality of these cookies varies alot which is a big shame because you can end up with a bag that tastes pretty rubbish. Most of the time they are cooked perfectly and taste really fresh and delicious but they really need to work on the presentation. Sometimes the cookies are almost burnt and hard to chew at the edges and other times they are the total opposite and all pale and doughy and waay too soft. I know it sounds like I hate these but actually I love them because nine times out of ten they are perfect.

When these are good, they are crispy at the edge and softer and nice and chewy in the middle. The choc chunks are big and tasty and there are loads of them so you can get a good choc fix when you need one. The cookies are really big, so they satisfy my major sweet tooth and fill me up. Especially if I sneak two.

I would recommend these these cookies but I wouldn't buy them as part of my online shop because I would want to pick out a nice looking bag from the shelf.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown