01.09.2015 22:59

Advantages

• "Great Colours"

Disadvantages

• "Not Amazing"

Not the best but good for the price. And its pink.

For me, oral hygiene is very important as my teeth are part of my looks - and after 2 years of lovely (not) train track braces, I am determined to look after them! However, I do admit that I can be a bit lazy, so anything that makes this easier is a bonus. My dentist recommended that I buy an electric toothbrush and I bought another, rather more expensive, one from a different brand. However, I felt that the pulses were too strong and I couldn't get used to the tickly feeling in my mouth. In the end (after I chipped a tooth using it) I gave up and went back to a manual toothbrush. It wasn't until recently when I got a bad report from my dentist (I felt like I was at school again) that I decided to try again with the electric toothbrushes.

This Colgate one is different from my last one for a few reasons. 1) It is far cheaper at only £6 when I got it on a deal in Superdrug, but still only £12 full price. 2) The vibrations aren't as intense and so I found it far more comfortable to use. This means that my fear of chipping another tooth isn't as great and I am more comfortable using it. And a biggy for me is number 3) It comes in Pink. Enough said.

However, when you are paying a fraction of the price of the other electric toothbrushes on the market you have to ask why. Well in this case, I think it is a couple of things. Rather than having a rechargeable base, this needs 2 triple A (AAA) batteries. I quite like this fact as, in my opinion, you are more likely to have batteries handy when on holiday for example than a charger. And its far quicker to chuck in some new batteries than charge it up.

Another reason it is so much cheaper, is the quality. Although it does a really good job of cleaning my teeth (something my dentist has noticed, no detention for me) you have to use it a bit like a manual brush to get into all the cracks. Also, you don't get that amazingly clean feeling when you run your tongue over your teeth like you do with the more expensive ones.

Overall, I do really like this product, and feel it is appropriate for me and my student budget. However, if you are willing to spend more, I would recommend looking into some of the more expensive electric toothbrushes which can offer a better quality experience.

01.09.2015 22:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

Smells great and looks great.

There was a time in my life when I decided that having a quick trim and a colour of my hair was not enough to have an image change, and I decided to do something extreme. I went to the hairdresser and asked for my long, shoulder length hair to be cut to only inches long, into a pixie cut. The hairdresser told me how brave I was, and got on with it without letting me look. When it was all finished it looked amazing, and I really did like it!. But after the initial gorgeousness of the finished hair style, I realised I had not Idea what to do with it once washed!

I popped back into the hair dressers, with my frizzy stuck - up do and asked her what I was supposed to do with it, and she recommended I wax my hair. Having long, wavy hair I had no idea about hair styling products, I always had it down, and natural.

So I popped into boots, and as I was using Fructis shampoo at the time, I decided to try their wax. It was a reasonable price and in a good sized tub.

When I got home and opened it, it had a gorgeous scent! I loved it, very tropical smelling. It was very stiff at first, but you rub the wax into your fingers until soft and warm, and then work it into your hair. My hair was much more sleek, and I was able to mould it into a lovely shape just like my hairdresser.

The wax lasted all day, didn't look greasy and didn't feel sticky, and I really did make a great choice first time around, wouldn't change it for any other product!

01.09.2015 22:27

Advantages

• "Good coverage"
      • "Easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

A good bronzer which gives a nice glow.

When the sun arrives, everywhere except my face seems to tan easily and I think this is due to the fact that the face cream contains SPF, to try and give myself my an even colour, I always like to wear a bronzer. This is one product I have used in the past.

This retails for around £14 for a 16g pot and is available from most high street chemists, I used to pick mine up from Superdrug when they had a 3 for 2 promotion running. There are two colour choices available, 101 Blonde and 102 Brunette, I chose the Brunette version which is slightly darker as I have slightly darker features.

This is really easy to use, simply rub your brush over the pearls a couple of times and then apply where desired. I put mine on the areas where you would naturally catch the sun first so give me a more realistic look (i.e. forehead, cheeks and nose) however when I am off on a night out, I would put all over my face as I normally wear fake tan on my body. In the past, other brands I have used have left my face either just looked streaky, dirty or orange however I found this was not the case here.

The only downside I found with this product is when you take the brush off, some of the bronzer is underneath so when you apply to your face, some of the product does end up dropping on your clothes. I tend to shake some into the lid and then add to the brush that way as this eliminates this problem. Having said this, I think that the fact the brush it attached is ideal, it means when I go away or go out, I haven't got to worry about taking a separate brush out with me.

Overall, I really like this product however there are cheaper versions available and for that reason, this only gets 4 out of 5 stars from me.

Thanks for reading.

• Soda Pop Lip Smackers Lip Gloss / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.09.2015 21:41

Advantages

• Cheap
      • Unique
      • "Great Gift"

Disadvantages

• "Very Strong"

Fun, unique and a great gift.

A pet hate of mine, is to have chapped lips and so I always have one handy - in my jacket pocket and in nearly every handbag there is at least one variety of lip balm. And so I can get bored of just the plain lip balms. This is why I am a big fan of lip smackers. For only £1 - £3 you can get some really unique flavours that will certainly jazz up your daily routine.

It is worth shopping around to find the best price for these - and the most unique flavours. Places like Poundland and Savers sell these for around a pound (funnily enough) and seem to sell the flavours that you can no longer get elsewhere - I recently found a J2O and a Fanta Tropical Lip Smackers in a Poundland. Another almost guaranteed place to find Lip Smackers, but for a bit more money, is Claire's Accessorise. You can get packs of about 5 that fit a theme (such as fizzy drinks or retro sweets) that make a really good present.

So, do they work?

Well simply, yes. I find that the product does smell like what it claims, although sometimes I find it can be quite strong if you apply it first thing in the morning (but I like plain smells and foods in the mornings). Also, the product applies smoothly and leaves your lips with a nice subtle shine, and some of them even leave a little bit of colour - but again just a nice subtle hint, which I see as a bonus.

Overall, I really like lip smackers and think they are a really good gift for a very reasonable price, if you shop around.

01.09.2015 21:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

Smashbox PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER

The Smashbox PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER is available for GBP 25.50.

The primer is described as follows. "Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of vitamins A and E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation to increase longevity, our best-selling primer helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish. Oil-free!"

I clean my face and carry on my normal day care after it is well drafted, I give a small amount of this primer about. The primer has a gel-like consistency and attracts a really quick, it takes no kidding minute until the product collected. After that I wear as usual on my make-up. At the beginning I was skeptical, I could not imagine that this works so. I develop during the day have a slight shine on forehead, nose and chin, although is not too bad, but if you still want to go where right after work, the make up just looks not so nice and so I was naturally very excited. At the end of the day thanks to this primer my makeup still looks very fresh, one sees virtually no gloss - a little bit of it in the end, but that's really nothing compared to the past. I am absolutely excited about this product, especially if you have a long day ahead of him, or would like to make the nightlife unsure it is advisable to completely apply these primers. The formula is so light that you do not realize to have applied an additional product. Even when abschminken one does not notice that there's a thin layer in between. Thus, the more light you need very little of the primer has to also guarantee longer some of the product. Simply brilliant, I am an absolute fan of it!

• The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.09.2015 21:19

Advantages

• "Does the job"

Disadvantages

• Sticky

Sticky Sweet

I was bought this as a present from a friend for a birthday one year. It is a pretty good product but I think I much prefer the soap and glory original body butters that I received in a large set once. I'm not sure what they are called but it was in the standard pink packaging. I found this product a little sticky and the smell was a bit overpowering. It didn't settle into your skin right away so you had to wait a bit before dressing or your clothes would stick to you uncomfortably. Although it was very moisturising and I felt that the effects of it lasted a fair while, I didn't enjoy using it all that much and subsequently it is still sat in my cupboard. I I would only really buy it if it was cheap on offer as at full price I wouldn't say it was worth the money. I also own the coconut one of this and I cannot stand the smell of it. I don't know why as I usually like coconut but it is horrible. I would advise going to the shop and smelling it/testing it first before you use this product as the strawberry butter is very sickly sweet and might not be to everybody's taste. You might find another product that takes your fancy more. I would recommend this as a product for a present if they are generally a body shop fan and big users of body butter ect.

• Peppermint / Plant / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.09.2015 21:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Peppermint

Peppermint is known for centuries as a medicinal plant, but is also often used in my kitchen for seasoning, including salads and sauces, meat, potato dishes, but also for desserts and smoothies. It grows like a weed when it is first grown. Seeds I would not buy; although he comes up well, it takes too long to me. Simply ask someone for a offsprings; often grow peppermint plants from gardens through the fence almost to the road. Since you can calmly take off a branch without anyone would mind. Ideally, such offshoots as many rootlets, then he can do better at. I usually sit in a mixture of potting soil or garden soil plus some compost. Keeping good moist but not drown, and of course can not dry up. If your peppermint plant depends the wings, they would tell you that the urgently needed water. Otherwise: Simply buy a packet of seeds and sprinkle on the window sill in a pot of soil, cover lightly and moisturize. In penumbra peppermint continue to skyrocket; with me under the trees or shrubs. You have to really chase and permanently curb, otherwise it will grow until the neighbors. Peppermint reproduces magnificently through its root suckers. In addition then still falls from the seeds and finished the splendor. Avoidable by container plants. Flowering peppermint shows pink-purple spikes. Even the leaves can be veined, which I find absolutely beautiful purple. Beautifully looks mint therefore also in planters out, be it on the windowsill or on the terrace. If a plant once its dried up, it tears from not equal, because about half of these vetrockneten plant strikes after a rain or next spring again.

• Acerbis Usb Stick 2 Gb / Motorcycle Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.09.2015 21:11

Advantages

• "Performs well enough "
      • "Acerbis brand is great to be seen with and support"

Disadvantages

• "Low storage capacity "

Reasonable USB stick but low on capacity. I got it because it's Acerbis!

Like any other USB stick, it performs averagely without any problems. You're buying it for the name! Acerbis for the win!
      On a serious note: I wouldn't go for it if you will need to hold a lot of media as it's capacity is only 2GB. Files like office documents are perfect for this stick as they do not take up much space.

01.09.2015 20:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

L'Oréal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Light Conditioner

The L'Oréal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Light Conditioner is available for GBP 3.99.

The conditioner is described as follows. "Does your long, fine hair turn greasy quickly: become dull and flat - losing its shine and energy? To revive your hair's shine, L’Oréal Paris has created Nutri-Gloss Light Shampoo with Pearl Protein+ Citrus. It helps free the hair fibres of deposits and removes impurities. After shampooing, hair feels beautifully cleansed, looks healthy and is light to the touch. Nourished and smoothed, the surface of the hair captures and better reflects the light for a mirror shine, cashmere touch... weightless feel!"

After I washed my hair with the care shampoo, I take the Hair Conditioner at hand and take my part at flushing out of the bottle. I massage the conditioner in your hair and let it act. The scent is quite sweet, but pleasant. He is not particularly intense, but the scent remains hanging by the hair. I always use the flushing with the appropriate care shampoo. The result is simply fantastic. You notice how your hair have built in the time allowed to act flushing. I like especially the feeling when washing. Simply The hair feels super nice and soft. I've never had such a shampoo and conditioner, which produce such a great result. Now I will come quickly to care. Since I used the rinse, one can notice a huge difference. My hair shining and full of moisture. The only thing that the purge can not do is, maintain the dry ends properly again.

01.09.2015 20:48

Advantages

• "Nice smell"

Disadvantages

• "Hard to get out of the bottle"

Average

This is a fairly average deodorant to be honest. I found it difficult to get out of the bottle at the end as the roll bit tends to get a bit stuck. It has a nice smell but I don't think it lasts all that long throughout the day. I've bought better ones in the pound shop. It's fine as long as you don't spend a lot of money on it.

01.09.2015 20:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette

The Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette is available for GBP 60.00.

The Eau de Toilette is described as follows. " A radically fresh composition, dictated by a name that has the ring of a manifesto. That was the way François Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator, wanted it: raw and noble all at once. Natural ingredients, selected with extreme care, prevail in excessive doses. Radiant top notes burst with the juicy freshness of Reggio di Calabria Bergamot. Ambroxan, derived from precious ambergris, unleashes a powerfully woody trail. Sauvage is an act of creation inspired by wide-open spaces. An ozone blue sky sprawled above a rocky landscape, white-hot beneath the desert sun."

The Eau de Toilett is located in one of its form rather simply designed bottle, which is black and made of glass. On the bottle scih are very discreet labels bearing the product. The most important criterion when choosing an eau de toilette is probably the smell and in this point, me convince the Eau de Toilette. I would the scent of eau de toilettes first case as well be described as classic, elegant and quite fresh, as slightly tart, with a clear citrus note always represents the clearly dominant odor characteristic and the classically elegant fragrance also adds a fresh touch. This odor of eau de toilette is quite intense perceptible even in economical dosage and fortunately this fragrance is also very resistant. I use the eau de toilette is usually in the morning and after a day's work of the fragrance is still perceptible. Happily never showed my not entirely insensitive skin even signs of skin irritation.

01.09.2015 20:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

very disappointed

These refreshers ice lollies are the best I've tasted in my 50 years as a lolly addict although last week I bought my usual 6 boxes and was so disappointed by a horrible taste from the pink part of the lolly. I tried one from each of the boxes but they all had the same horrible taste so I sent an email to complain and am still waiting for a reply. Also I don't want to risk buying any this week in case they are the same. I believe if anyone buys these from this bad batch the likelihood is they won't buy them again. Hope they sort the problem soon or I'll need to find other lollies. bah

• Nars Sheer Glow Foundation / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.09.2015 16:58

Advantages

• Texture
      • "Range of skin shades to choose from"
      • "Good coverage "

Disadvantages

• Cost
      • "Doesn't last as long as expected"

Fantastic foundation which is good for blemishes.

This foundation is one of my favourite products I have bought. I have oily, spot prone skin and found that the coverage was excellent for what I need. A friend however who has normal even skin found the coverage too much (too heavy) and found the foundation dried her skin.
      I got the foundation in Medium 3 in Stromboli which has a yellow undertone. Although the yellow may not be for everyone, I found the shade perfect for my skin as I have a slightly olive complexion.
      I bought the foundation from Selfridges in Manchester and paid around £32. The staff working at the Nar's kiosk were very helpful and gave good advice on choosing the right shade for you.
      I don't mind the price too much as I feel I am paying for quality, however I thought the foundation would last longer than what it did. It lasted a few months, however I didn't wear it every day. I also wear concealer so didn't put a lot of the foundation on as I didn't solely rely on it for coverage. After saying this however, I would definitely use and buy the foundation again, and have recommended it to friends and family, who have mostly been equally as pleased with the results.
      The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump action so is very easy to use. I did however find that the bottle is not as easy as some other brands to carry round and fit in a small makeup bag. The lid especially (which is in a rectangle shape) I find took up unnecessary space. I emptied some product into smaller containers for my make up bag.

01.09.2015 16:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not Bad But Has Its Bads

It performs reasonably well. It can be fussy about feeding multiple pages to send, so it's generally best to feed them through one at a time. That's really a pity, because the quick-scan feature, when it works, is total gold.

But the toner. Oh, god, the toner.

I'm used to laser printers whining at me on the message display about low or "out" toner, and I'm just as used to ignoring them. The helpful people at Panasonic have decided that they don't like people ignoring those messages, so they include a pleasant beep. And when I say "pleasant", I mean it gives me nightmares. When the time comes for the machine to be replaced (and it will come, oh yes, it will come), I may run an extension cord outside so it can actually be actively beeping as I go Office Space on it.

Anyway, toner. To guard against the possibility of someone with super-human will tuning out the beeping (or perhaps to guard against the deaf), they also have included a helpful print out. On this print out are several large bars of varying shades, designed, presumably, to illustrate visually to you exactly how low your toner is.

I have never seen this page print in anything but a perfect, pristine manner. The bars are wonderful in their consistency, with nary a hint of lightness. While this would be an excellent demo of print quality, as a notification that the toner is low, I must admit to some confusion. It's *perfect*. It *never prints light*. So as far as I can tell, the only function it actually serves is to *use more toner*. Quite a bit of toner, considering the large black and near-black bars.

In amusing phone conversations with Panasonic, I've determined that either A) there is no way to disable this helpful function or B) there is, but they require a more substantial bribe than I've offered to offset their loss in toner revenue.

It gets better.

After it's printed two or three of these frame-worthy gems over the course of a week, it decides to play hard ball. Now it claims that the toner is gone. Out. No toner remains. This is communicated in two ways. One, the beep. Only this time it's incessant. The beep just goes on and on until you replace the toner, unplug the machine, or throw it out the window (and perhaps even then). It also...*prints out a notice*. That's right, you read that correctly; to inform you that there is no toner, it *uses toner*. I'm sure you've guessed the best part already - this notice, like the joyous banners of greyscale earlier, also prints perfectly. It's never been even a little light.

Now we engage in a little off-broadway production for the benefit of the fax machine. "Ahh, pity," we say, opening the machine and removing the toner unit. "We're out of toner. Guess I'll have to get more toner. I'll just open this package over here," we continue, as one of us makes crinkling noises in the background, and the other grimly shakes the toner unit from side to side. "Ah, good, I'll just pop that in, then," we say, winking, as we remove the toner drum, whisper an incantation over it, and pop it back in. "Whew, good as new. I'm sure glad we don't have to worry about any light printing thanks to the Panasonic engineers," we shout with glee, as we put the toner unit back in and close it up.

If we've said the incantations correctly, the fax machine accepts our tribute and pretends everything is ok for a couple days, when the process is then repeated. Usually we perform the ritual twice successfully before it tires of our blandishments and insists the toner is out, despite the repeated evidence of our eyes. At this point we surrender to its whims and put a new drum unit in.

• Tesco Value Vodka / Spirits / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.09.2015 16:38

Advantages

• "good as a base"
      • cheap

Disadvantages

• "harsh if unprepared "

Filter it through charcoal and you'll have a much better product

As it stands it's not that great, but all you have to do is run it through an activated charcoal filter a bunch of times and it becomes a lot smoother. You can even use a water filter for this purpose. I use this vodka with this method as a base to make my own gin and it works great!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown