31.10.2014 21:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

Versace Femme Eau de Parfum

The Versace Femme Eau de Parfum is available for GBP 30.84. The Eau de Parfum is available as 30ml, 50ml and 100 ml sprays.

The Eau de Parfum comes in a rectangular glass bottle with a golden cap. The glass bottle features a Versace Medusa image on each side.

The Eau de Parfum is described as follows. "Versace Pour Femme Eau de Parfum opens with fresh dew drops sweetened by a lush hydroponic guava, and icy hints of blackcurrant, all of which harmoniously fuse with touches of wisteria. The sumptuous and floral heart represents the true signature of the perfume, with a sensual floral explosion of light and vibrant flowers; orchid, lotus flower and nymphea, delicately emphasized by a gentle marriage of jasmine, and azalea. In the base notes the fragrance is finally enveloped by the silky softness of a veil of musk, wrapped up by the preciousnessof warm and delicate kashmir wood and moroccan cedarwood, revealing their magnificent sensuality."

The Eau de Parfum has a fresh, floral scent. A fruity scent, that reminds of guava and lilac can be noticed. Followed by a floral jasmine scent. A heavy musk and vanilla scent can be noticed afterwards. The main accords are floral and fresh. The scent is intensive, nevertheless the scent is not too pushy. The intensity is heavy.

The Eau de Parfum is long-lasting and the scent is intensive.

I can recommend the Versace Femme Eau de Parfum, as the scent is long-lasting and intensive. The main accords are floral and fresh.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 21:01

Advantages

• Easy
      • Fast
      • Service

Disadvantages

Love it, will buy from there again

Ordered a gaming computer for the first time and never have i been to so happy to shop online for something :D

• Erbauer ERE099KIT / Power Drill / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      31.10.2014 20:59

Advantages

• "easy to hold and handle"
      • "well made bodies"

Disadvantages

• "drill panics on fourth screw hole in brick wall"
      • "saw can's cut through wood for too long as power drains"
      • "no power from batteries after a few minutes use"
      • "saw is on the heavy side"

With power like this all DIYers are doomed

The saw is a heavy beast and holds a 140mm circular blade which can be bought anywhere so the blade is not the problem. The problem is the power, or lack of power that the motor gives to the rotation, it's just not enough to allow the blade to cut through polystyrene.
      The plate can be adjusted to cut up to a 45º angle and locks off properly so that it does not slip off anywhere during the cut. With the maximum depth of a cut being about 40mm.
      The handles is nice to grip and there's a second handle/knob that can be used to assert more pressure on the front so that the machine doesn't jump up whilst cutting.

The drill has two settings and offers a 22 torque setting option, using the ring around the key-less chuck to set the torque, the more delicate the work the lower the torque, so 22 settings is pretty good really. Sadly, as with the saw, this drill just doesn't have what it takes in order to do some serious drilling and screwing.

You do get two Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries which, as they are Ni-Cd they are not the best when it comes to keeping the power stored in them... these batteries are supposed to be quick charge using the supplied one hour charger but, if like the ones I had, one hour charge has less power than a community police officer in the UK.

The main tools are not the issue here really as both tools are made as well as any DIYer would expect, if a little heavy with the saw unit. It is the power that the battery fails to offer and the fact that the batteries don't hold the charger for that long, especially when I'm either drilling into something hard or sawing through something that seems to fight back a little.

To be honest there are not that many cordless power saws that can handle a good days work so I never expected this to be any good at all, which I was right in thinking. But the drill should at least be able to bore more than three holes in a brick wall before falling flat..? I mean, it's alright if you only have to put one bracket up per hour as it can handle 2 or three screw holes, but any more and the battery drains quicker than my bank account on a Friday...

This set is on sale these days at about £120, which is way too much and I was glad that I did not have to pay for mine.
      This is one drill and saw that are best left on the shelf...

31.10.2014 20:39

Advantages

• "Easy to clean"
      • "Good build sturdy and strong"
      • "It' is big"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

One of the best food bowls you can buy

I must have every possible dog bowl I have seen, it`s somewhat of a vice of mine. I have a closet full of them and keep on buying. And I need it too, my dog is one big gourmand, actually he is more of a trash can, he just puts in his stomach everything he can encounter. Eating a lot he needs a big bowl, coupled with the fact he is a chewer, when he gets bored sometimes he decides to wait the bowl. This is as sturdy as they come, and I bought them in multiple colors, but how he is a blueish color, the orange one really makes him stand out more.

The product

the bright and bold bone-shaped bowl that’s now bigger than ever! From the makers of our best-selling Bone Bowls, this larger edition gives you plenty of room to fill up with even more delicious doggy delicacies – making it perfect for big dogs, or those with big appetites! With all the key features of the original, including non-slip rubber feet, a wipe clean body and removable stainless steel inner bowls, this deluxe dog bowl offers a unique and practical solution for the design conscious pet owner. Don’t just give the dog a bone… give them a bowl!

The product measures 21.5 x 21.5 x 6.5cm and holds 1450ml aprox. That is a lot and it`s perfect for medium or large sized dogs. My dog is medium sized, but has a big hunky head and it`s perfect for him. Best bowl I EVER OWNED, black looks best by the way! On the downside it`s rather expensive, I paid 50 pounds for it, but you can get in on Amazon for about 35...

• Bakers Complete / Dog Food / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      31.10.2014 20:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Rubbish in a bag"

Completely designed to appeal to humans, but terrible for dogs!

I have to take my hat of to Nestle and Purina they have sold people literally bags of rubbish and made them think that they are doing right by their pet. Here is the ingredients list for Bakers complete beef, but you will find the same across the range. Cereals, Meat and animal derivatives (15%1 in the chunk, 8%2 in the brown & natural kernels), Vegetable protein extracts, Derivatives of vegetable origin, Oils and fats, Various sugars, Vegetables (1% dried chicory root (natural ingredient), green & yellow kernels: 0.6 % dried vegetables, equivalent to 4% vegetables), Propylene glycol, Minerals.

The first ingredient is the one that is the most plentiful, here it is cereals, it doesn't say what kind, just cereals, the main ingredient in a food for a carnivore. Then we have mean and animal derivatives, it doesn't even tell you how much, if any, beef is in the beef food. Vegetable protein extracts, I don't even know what that is. Derivatives of vegetable origin, so the crap that's leftover after the decent veg has been used up. Oils and fats, okay I guess but really just a filler, various sugars, what is sugar doing in dog food? Actual vegetables in minute amounts, propylene glycol which is used in making of e-liquids for e-cigarettes, it doesn't contain any nicotine but I have no idea what it is needed for in dog food, and finally minerals.

What you have here is the leftovers from other industries that would normally be put in a bin, but nestle and purina buy them and package them into "dog food" and owners buy it think that they are doing the best for their dog. They look into the bowl and they see they meaty chunks and the green "pea" pieces and the orange "carrot" pieces, in reality they are no different than the other pieces they are just dyed green and orange to look appeasing to owners. Perhaps if Nestle and Purina spent less money on advertising and more on decent quality food they would be better off.

Many owners will say but my dog is perfectly healthy eating Bakers and the like, maybe they are for now but come back to me when they are overweight and have to be put on a diet, or come back to me and a few years when your dog has to have cleanings and extractions because their teeth are rotting in their head from those sugars. Or tell me why does your dog absolutely stink and why is his coat so dull? The sad fact is that Bakers is more expensive than foods that are far better for your dog. I get 15KG of high quality food for less than a 14KG bag of Bakers. Safe yourself some money and buy a better food, you pocket will thank you for it now and in years to come when those expensive vets bills start piling.

31.10.2014 19:39

Advantages

• "Lovely scent"
      • "Moisturises well"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Marvellous mango moisturiser

Background: why I own this
      I received this mango body butter along with two other tubs as part of a Christmas gift. Familiar with the original background and ethics of the Body Shop Company, I was pleased to have this as an addition to my toiletries.

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter
      Currently available in a 200ml screw-top plastic pot, my container is the older style 300ml.

The synthetic appearing orange-coloured container becomes more enticing when you see the pot from the top which has a stick-on label of a photograph of a refreshing, healthy-looking mango.
      The ingredients are fairly standard and as expected in such a product. They are listed on the company website as:

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Mangifera indica (Mango Seed Oil) (Emollient), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 75120 (Colour).

Note that lanolin is from sheep. It is a wonderfully moisturising product however it is a known allergen.

In use: my experience
      I use this body butter infrequently and when I do so I use it on the lower half of my legs, and also my arms, after showering and drying myself.
      The twist top is easy to remove and replace. The container has a large opening, so the product is easy to remove.

On opening the tub, the scent of mango is pleasant and not at all overpowering. It is a realistic smell in my opinion.
      The off-white butter is the consistency of margarine. It spreads onto my skin easily. It is fast drying and non-staining. On me, the scent lasts a few hours.

I feel this moisturiser is a little too heavy for my hands, so I always wash them after applying this mango body butter to my legs or arms.
      I believe that the most a moisturising product can do is to "work" for the duration that it remains in contact with the skin. That is, this product wont dramatically change your life or your skin. However it does improve the dryness and appearance of my legs on the days that I use this product so I am happy enough with it.

I agree with the Body Shop that this product is suitable for very dry skin.
      Recommended?
      Yes! This is a lovely product that is a good body moisturiser. The packaging is pretty enough for it to be suitable for a gift, in my opinion.
      Available from the body shop for an expensive £13.00, it is worth buying as a treat or gift rather than for every day use.

31.10.2014 19:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Poor quality ingredients"

You get what you pay for....

When it comes to dog food, like everything else, you get what you pay for, that does not mean that you have to spend huge amounts of money, it just means you need to look on the bag and check out the ingredients. The ingredients of this particular food are Cereals, meat and animal derivative (min 4% chicken), derivatives of vegetable origin, oils and fats, vitamins and minerals.

Cereals are the first ingredient which means that in this food there are more cereals than anything else, dogs are primarily carnivores. The next ingredient is meat and animal derivatives with a minimum of 4% chicken which is what is legally required for them to put the word chicken on the bag, the rest who knows what ever is available and cheap, I won't treat you by telling you what meat and animal derivatives are, if you would like to know do a google search or just use your imagination, but I will tell you that it isn't very pleasant.
      Next up we have derivatives of vegetable origin, oils and fats, vitamins and minerals. I'm sure you can see that the ingredients are very vague, what kind of cereals, what kind of meat and animal derivatives etc. etc. Whatever is available and cheap that week is what kind. While you are buying the same bag of food every week, month, whatever. What the food is actually made up from can vary drastically from bag to bag. This kind of dog food is made up of the leftovers from other industries, the stuff that would otherwise go in the bin. They package it up and sell it to you as a complete dog food when really it is nothing more than rubbish.

31.10.2014 19:02

Advantages

• "Excellent Ingredients"

Disadvantages

• "Made my dog gassy."

Great food, not for my dog though.

I decided to try James Wellbeloved on my dog when he was about 6 months old, this was the particular variety I tried but there are many more available. The food my dog had been on previously was not the best but my dog loved this, when I brought home the first bag he went over and sniffed all around it it and got exited when I took a couple out for him to try. He really liked it a lot.

He was on James Wellbeloved for around 4 months, he really liked it and it didn't seem to be having any adverse effects on him but he was really gassy and his farts could make your eyes water, they were truly noxious. In the end I did have to switch his food because the farts were just too bad to keep putting up with. He is a deep chested breed and they pull in a lot of air when they are eating which makes them gassy anyway but the smell really took the biscuit.

It took a couple of tries before I found he right food but now he is a happy camper and I don't have to deal with room clearing farts any more.

I still think that James Wellbeloved is an excellent food and well worth trying for many dogs and owners, it has excellent ingredients, but it was just a food that didn't suit my particular dog which was a pity because he really loved it.

31.10.2014 18:53

Advantages

• "Good quality food."

Disadvantages

• "Can be hard to source"

Excellent food.

It has been a couple of years since I have fed Arden Grange food to my dog but he was on it for a couple of years. I only have good things to say about the food itself, when my dog was on it he was the picture of health. I found it difficult to source at reasonable prices at times which is why I decided to switch to another brand which is quite similar to Arden Grange ingredients wise. I would imagine that sourcing it would not be a problem for many.

It comes in a different varieties but Lamb and Rice was my own personal preference and my dog really seemed to enjoy the taste too. It has good ingredients making it far better for your dog than the average bag of pedigree chum or bakers or the like. We had no vets visits or anything of the sort when he was on Arden Grange and I would happily recommend it to anyone. My local animal rescue centre has fed Arden Grange to their dogs for years and it was there that I first got my recommendation.

Arden Grange is available at a lot of the big box pet stores but the price is not very agreeable in comparison to some online retailers, zooplus seems to have the best price but I found that their shipping takes quite a long time so sometimes if I forgot to order it I would end up running out.

Overall I would have to say that this food is well worth a try if you are looking for a high quality food for your dog, just make sure that you have a reliable source before you make the switch.

• Three (3) / Telecommunications Service / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      31.10.2014 18:44

Advantages

• "Cheap prices"

Disadvantages

• "Don't value thier customers"
      • "Bad internet connection"
      • "Bad customer service"
      • "Bad coverage"

Earth to Three

I used to be a customer of 'Three' until recently, three years and kicked to the curb.
      In January, a mast apparently was damaged the connection on my internet was non- existent. I contacted them and they gave two days to fix, after two days, four days, after four days, you get it.
      I am self-employed and really rely on the internet for business, like most people nowadays.
      They added up how much data I had lost and money in my contract that had been lost and said in came to £3.14 to the penny. We will refund this.
      Okay, despite being a customer, not losing it on the phone and waiting for the connection they insisted there was nothing to do, but wait. After two weeks this was not on and I was still being billed for not having used the service and being inconvenienced because of their mast issues which they kept saying would be fixed now was going to be another week., maybe.
      I spoke to seven different departments, put on hold more than an hour each time [why I held on I don't know]and spoke to 10 different advisors who thought it would be fun to keep putting me through different departments.
      I always jot down the process concerning mobile companies because of past experiences.
      I was still in a contract but this didn't bother them and twice I was told I was a liar when I expressed my concern on how long I had been waiting for a connection to the internet and being put in the position of being put on hold for long periods of time, they had the information on their computers and yet I was a liar?
      Essentially due to connection and other aspects I was due £150 which one person said yes they would refund then when nothing came through I contacted them again but despite what I was saying as a customer they once again called me a liar, I would not [ and still not] received the money back.
      The drama of the customer service has put me off ever using them again and I strongly advise my freinds not to either.
      Two weeks later and they called, twice a day to invite me back as a customer! So I challenged them and explained my story and I listened to a whole album of music from another planet before they put me through to a department who wanted me to start from the beginning and tell them what had happened.
      Not a chance I thought.
      I wrote directly to the CEO but nothing and have essentially given up. Let the contract run its course. I lost the will to hope or live with this company and its service.
      The only positive was the fact that the service was affordable and came recommended.
      If it were not for the issue with a broken mast, I would have rated them a three star simply because of the affordability however they would have lost two stars for the very slow connection time which I put down to the affordability, can't have it all x

31.10.2014 18:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Good Guide To Exercises Requiring Minimal Equipment.

You Are Your Own Gym (or 'YAYOG' for short) by Mark Lauren is an interesting guide to workouts requiring little to no gym equipment. The focus is on using your own body or, in some limited cases, everyday household items. This brings me straight to the main disadvantage of the book (might as well get this out of the way first!); You Are Your Own Gym may give the initial impression that it can provide you with a full body workout without the need for ANY equipment (although I am aware this is not a statement made by the author). This is not quite true as several of the exercises described within require the use of common objects found about the house. One notable example is that of using a towel draped over the top of a normal door in order to enable the user to perform pull-ups by clinging to the top of the door and elevating herself/himself up using nothing but their arms (a bicep-focused exercise). The immediate worry here is that putting that much weight (80+kg in my case) on a couple of hinges may be somewhat detrimental to the door in question. The issue of using other equipment becomes especially prevalent when Mark Lauren refers to exercises for the back (a notoriously hard area to work out without using anything other than the body itself).

However, this 'disadvantage' only detracts mildly from what is an informative book written by a competent and informed author. It has some very straightforward work-outs and plans for those who prefer not to establish their own exercise routine. My personal use for the book tends to involve taking it on holiday with me where I know there may be a probable dearth of gym equipment. That way, I have a handy list of exercises which require little to no equipment in order to maintain a certain level of physique and fitness in a context which is not entirely conducive to building and/or maintaining aesthetic excellence.

31.10.2014 18:26

Advantages

• "No washing up"
      • "Did a great job"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Easy to break"

Great 'glasses' for a pound

We have just held a major family party, and for the champagne toast we decided to buy disposable plastic glasses, and we bought several packs of these ones from Poundland.

For your pound you get 8 plastic wine glasses, which hold an average sized glass of wine (175ml) and turned out to be perfect for what we wanted. Each glass comes with a separate base which the stem needs to be pressed into and also given a slight twist for security.

The problem here is when you are pressing the two parts together so that they are secure, any excessive force will break the base or the glass. They are quite brittle, so it was a good job we bought extra! We also broke one of the glasses when we were trying to break into the packs, they are tightly shrink-wrapped and so you need a sharp finger nail to split the wrapping to try to avoid pressing too hard.

The glasses are very lightweight, but they are quite secure on their bases once put together, we didn't have any topple over. Being thin plastic, one possible issue is that the rim of the glass could potentially be a bit sharp, we did notice this on one of them. But again, there were no mishaps on the night, and it was definitely a good decision to get these.

At the end of the toast, it was a quick whizz round with a bin bag to relieve everyone of their 'champagne' glass and no washing up either!

Another hit from Poundland, although you will need to allow for some spares.

• Sega Dreamcast Controller Pad / Game Controller / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 18:19

Advantages

• Modern
      • Simple
      • Comfortable

Disadvantages

• "Heavy with memory card inserted"
      • "Not hands-free"

Comfortable And Appealing Design With Very Limited Drawbacks.

Definitely my favourite hand-held controller for a games console. Perhaps the closest contemporary equivalent would be the hand-held controller for the X-box due to the size, use of underlying triggers and presentation (however, they are both still worlds apart). The controller itself seats itself neatly into the palms of human hands. Some 3rd party versions of the controller (the Wild Catz concept for example) feature rubber grips. Personally, I would be loathe to highlight the inclusion or lack of these as a benefit or a drawback as it is really down to personal preference.

The feature that makes this controller truly memorable in the memories of nostalgic fans tends to be the ability to slot your memory card (which would double as a hand held console for more simplistic gaming) into the controller itself. The controller has a small square in it which allows the screen of the memory card to be fully displayed to the user during bouts of gaming. This is more of a novelty than a purely value-added feature however the screen would give the gamer indicators during in-game play (e.g. an image representing the health of your character would alert you to serious injuries in Resident Evil 2). All in all, this had the effect of further immersing the user in the game and there is also a secondary slot for accessories such as the rumble pack. As you can imagine, the addition of both a memory card and a rumble pack to the controller would increase its weight substantially. I would counter this by stating that the controller itself is fairly light to begin with and the accessories are not overly burdensome in terms of load. The only other disadvantage that comes to my mind is the fact that the controller is connected to the main unit by a wire (but considering when the console was released, this is no surprise and the cost/benefit of researching and integrating wireless technology at the time would no doubt have been negative).

In conclusion, the Sega Dreamcast's controller is a sturdy and comfortable piece of equipment which enhances the feel and gameplay the Dreamcast console offers. Why five stars? Call me nostalgic...

31.10.2014 17:58

Advantages

• "Speed great taste"

Disadvantages

• "Poor design"

Overall great product

Great product does the job

• Velbon QHD-71 / Tripod / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      31.10.2014 17:50

Advantages

• "Durability "
      • Design
      • "Portability "

Disadvantages

• Weight

An amazing tripod that offers great durability!

Now this is one heck of a good tripod. I initially love photography and this product helped me so much. The velbon qhd-71 allows me to swiftly move my camera from side to side to get amazing real time transitions, this means that I can have better videos and better photo angles. It does have a flaw which is the hefty weight. The hefty weight makes it a difficult job to carry in my rucksack when going places, especially if they are far away and on foot. I love the measuring instrument on the side due to the fact that I can position my camera just about right for that perfect shot! I also love the fact that it is portable and can be take anywhere but is let down because of the weight it comes with. The durability on this thing is just phenomenal! I have dropped the product many times with my camera mounted on it! Every single time it dropped I noticed no scuffs or marks on the camera or in fact the tripod! The extension of the tripod is taller than me and I am 6 ft! The height of it really surprised me, I could get those shots from above that are nearly impossible on other tripods you may find on market today. Tripods are rarely bought due to the fact that no one really needs them except pro photographers (me!), but if you are looking for a good,reliable and durable tripod, then this is the one for you!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown