• lovehoney.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2014 16:33

Advantages

• Discreet
      • Online

Disadvantages

Absolutely fabulous

This is the best website if you're looking for anything of the sex toy or lingerie variety. I am a loyal customer of theirs, and they reward you for purchases with Oh! points. These add up fairly quickly and you can use them on free toys and accessories.
      They also have a lot of different offers on all the time, including the 'deal of the day', which you can recieve in an email so you never miss a cheap treat!
      Their customer service is also amazing. I have had to return a piece of lingerie that didn't fit, and had unfortunately lost the box and removed the lables in my excitement. This was not a problem, and when I returned it I recieved my money back in no time. They also offer free gifts with certain purchases.
      I have no complaints for this company, and the adverts they now play on the TV only increase my love of them as they are now able to branch out.

The best part about this company is their packaging. When I first ordered from them, I was living at home and was worried about my parents recieving the box before I did, which happened as soon as the postman came to the door. But everything is sent in a non-descript brown box, with no mention of where the box came from. This meant that they had no idea what I had ordered and I was able to keep my private life completely secret.
      I would recommend this website to anyone, and I hope that they will continue for many years to come.

• Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion / Skin Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2014 16:26

Advantages

• "makes skin soft"

Disadvantages

• smelll

Excellent for Dry skin

After trying lots and lots and lots of products on my very dry, flaky, scratchy and sensitive skin i finally found cetaphil lotion with a great result which was prescribed by my doctor. It stays on my skin for bit longer and make it feel very soft and smooth. I use it almost three times a day after every wash and at night as a night cream. It doesn't give me any allergy and burning feeling like other moisturizers. After founding these good result i started to use it for my baby as well which keeps his soft and supple.

I gave it 4 starts because only the point i don't like about it is it's smell as its medicated product and it's bit pricey but it does it's job very nicely so i would definitely buy this product again and would highly recommend it for those who have extremely dry, flaky and sensitive skin.

• Summer Folding Baby Bath Tub / Baby Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2014 16:09

Advantages

• "good price"
      • "grow with your baby"
      • foldable
      • "Very soft for newborns"

Disadvantages

Comfortable and easy specially for newborn

I bought this bath tub in a very good price for my first baby boy and now he is 15 months old and is still using this great bath tub which he loves alot.

At first it was really scary to give a bath to my newborn baby but with this bath tub i found it really easier as it is made up of very soft and comfortable material. For the new born baby it can be inflated and that gives a very good support the the newborn baby which was the best thing for me. It is made of very bright and friendly colors and that is why my baby loves to have bath in it.
      It can be placed within the tub and outside. It is very easy to fold and light weight to handle.
      And now when my baby grew up i deflate it which makes it large and comfortable for my baby to sit and play in it like a soft pool. Which he enjoys a lot and that makes it my best buy.

I really really recommend this product to all new mums for their newborns specially.

22.07.2014 15:53

Advantages

• "Blend able "
      • "Not orange "
      • "Looks natural "

Disadvantages

• Brush

Benefit Hoola!

Admittedly, I wear a bronzer all year round, whether this is to add a little colour to my face or to contour, though in summer I really like to up my bronzing a little, especially as my body seems to tan naturally far more than my face does. Personally I prefer my bronzers to be a matte finish rather than the shimmery ones as I believe this gives them a more natural look and then they can also double up as a contouring product. Due to this reason I decided to give Benefit''s Hoola a go as this is one of there matte bronzing powders, it has also been the UK''s number one bronzing product for the last five years!

===~~Price and Availability~~===
      Due to this being a slightly higher end make up product it is certainly not cheap costing £23.50 and admittedly I was a little dubious about spending this on a bronzer, though after having read many positive reviews I was pretty sure I was going to love it.
      You can sometimes find Benefit products on offer, such as buy 2 items and receive one free, or buy 2 items and receive 10% discount, etc. Debenhams also often hold weekends or months when you can receive extra point on your beauty card when buying make up items, including Benefit.

Alongside most Benefit products this is available in larger department stores such as that of House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis, etc. It is also available from independent Benefit stores, along with all the online stores. You can sometimes pick up Benefit items on places such as eBay, however Benefit fakes are often all sold on here so it is worth doing your research and making sure that the seller is trusted.

One of the things that I really love about Benefit is there packaging. All of there blushes/bronzers come in cute little boxes which when opened there is a mirror in the lid (which is not the best quality and is too small to apply make up in etc but is handy nonetheless) and a small brush which can be used to apply the product.

===~~Applying the product~~===
      As previously mentioned, this bronzer does come complete with its own brush, this is a very small, narrow brush which has virtually no handle. I have tried applying with this brush, though have to say I do not like it. I have found that it picks up a good amount of product and does transfer it to the face, though find it has a fairly scratchy texture to it which makes it hard to blend the bronzer out. Due to it being quite flat it also makes it hard to apply to the cheeks and you can sometimes be left with just a ''stripe'' of colour as it''s very hard to blend it. I also found that due to it having almost no handle it sat very uncomfortably in my hand and couldn''t get the right grasp on it, which may be why I was a little heavy handed when applying the product this way.

I have also tried applying this with my own brush and have found this so much easier. When applying the bronzer it has a really soft and light texture to it, which means it is actually very easy to blend in; when using the right brush! I have however found that it is also very easy to pick up too much of the product in which case the bronzer can look very unnatural and to dark. I have found that simply tapping off any excess can easily avoid this though. This bronzer is also very buildable which means you can simply apply it very lightly all over the face for the natural sun kissed look and also build it up in certain areas to contour the face, like just below the cheekbones. I really like the fact that I can do this with just one product. I have found that even when building up the bronzer like this it does not become cakey or unnatural looking, which I think it mainly due to it being such a fine powder.

Despite it being a fairly fine powder I was pleased to find that this bronzer had virtually no fallout when applying and therefore the product went exactly where I would have liked it to go. As previously mentioned, because it is very blend able if it had had any fallout it would have been very easy to fix.

===~~Results~~===
      I was very pleased with the results of this bronzer, perhaps the thing that I was most impressed with was the colour. Alike most people I have a fear of bronzers being too orange and shimmery or too grey toned which can look ashy on the face, though found that this bronzer was somewhere in the middle in where it was a natural looking ''brown'' colour. Even when built up in the likes of contouring I was pleased to find that it did not look muddy on the cheeks and instead looked like a natural shadow.

I have found that this bronzer stays in place all day, even in this hot weather, which I particularly like as I don''t need to worry about it sliding down my face. Despite it being a matte shade I was also pleased to find that it didn''t look flat on my face and instead added a little definition and shape; especially when used to contour. I do sometimes add a shimmery bronzer on top of this just over the cheekbones for days when I fancy a little shimmer and have found that even when applying the two products on top of one another it does not become cakey looking.

===~~Overall~~===
      Overall I am really impressed with this bronzer and can see me continuing to purchase it. Nars Laguna had been my favourite bronzer for a long time before this, but seeing as this one is a little cheaper and is ''more matte'' I can see this one becoming my new favourite very soon! It is definitely still a pricey bronzer costing just over £20, though I do think this is justified a little in both the quality of the bronzer and also the fact that a little really does go a long way so can see it lasting me a long time. I have had mine for around 3 months now and have only made a little dent in it!

The only downside to this bronzer would really be the brush that comes with it as I do think for the price you are paying the quality could have been a little better and the bristles colour have been a little softer. Nonetheless if you are not relying on this to apply the bronzer with then it doesn''t really matter a such.

If you are looking for a natural looking bronzer you can wear on a daily basis, not only to bronze all over the skin, but also to contour then I really would recommend this product and if you can still not justify the price I think it is definitely worth popping on a birthday or Christmas wish list!

• Surf Tropical / Household Product / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2014 15:46

Advantages

• "great price"
      • "great smell"

Disadvantages

Fantastic smelling laundry detergent !!!

I''ve been using surf from a very long time. I come to this product when i was finding a best economical laundry detergent which can clean our clothes perfectly and also leave them smelling fresh and clean.

This product never disappoints me. I always found it at a very good price comparing to other leading brands and most of times i could even manage to get it in sale. I always found my laundry very neatly done and with awesome smell specially with the husband''s shirt collars and my baby''s messy clothes which gets messy everyday and needs a good and fragrance wash. I never had any problem with the colors even when i wash colorful and light clothes together by mistake with this detergent.

All in all i will stick to this product as it''s one of our families favorite buy and i would highly recommend this product to all families who are looking for a fresh smelling clean laundry in a budget :)

22.07.2014 15:39

Advantages

• Versatile
      • Cute

Disadvantages

• "Can see background through stickers - may be a problem for some"

Fun and pretty stickers you can use for a variety of projects

These cute stickers can be used in a variety of designs to make lovely cards or personalise gift bags and other projects.

The Me To You bears are always popular, and docrafts have really done justice to these cute little characters. They are especially handy for making simple yet beautiful handmade cards for girls or women, though I''m sure they''d be quite good for a card for a very little boy also - or else someone who loves teddy bears!

The silver effect on many of the stars and butterflies make for lovely shiny additions, and these don''t necessarily have to be used on the same cards as the bears because they go very well with a large variety of toppers and embellishments.

The stickers can easily be split into three card designs, simply by taking a bear and its surrounding stickers for each card. You could also use the majority of the stickers on one extra special card or craft project if arranged accordingly. Sometimes the stickers can be a little difficult to peel off in one piece, but if you''re careful and take your time, they''re usually fine.

The stickers would also be great for kids to stick on notebook covers, or as decorations on envelopes, lunchboxes, mirrors, etc. etc.

The stickers are semi-see-through, and often the background you place them on shows through. Sometimes this can be very effective and pretty looking by itself, but if you don''t want it to do that (which I recommend for the stickers with words on, particularly if you have a busy background)you can try sticking them on a plain background (e.g. white) first, and then cutting around them.

22.07.2014 15:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "hard tube"
      • pricey

Would not buy it agaain

I have a very dry/sensitive skin and i use a lot of cosmetic so i could not use any normal face wash. I saw L''Oréal Skin Perfection Gel Cream wash on sale in boots so i thought to give it a try

It cleanses my skin and remove the whole makeup properly but only when i use it in a large quantity which makes it bit pricey. I found it okay for my dry skin but not very good and it does not keep my skin soft and refreshing for a long time.
      I could easily see the dry patches after the wash. I does not like it''s packaging too. It''s a large tube which is really hard to squeeze to take out the enough quantity of cream. Personally i would not recommend this product to those who have very dry/sensitive skin and wanted a fresh look for a long time.

22.07.2014 14:09

Advantages

• "Good plot"
      • "Well illustrated"
      • Fun

Disadvantages

• Short

A Stylish Manga with Great Characters and a Fun Tone

This is one of my guilty pleasures, and I''''m so glad that it is. Volume one is an excellent start to the series and has a great mix of irreverence and seriousness. Matsuri Hino''''s sense of humour is well represented throughout - not least by the chibis (small, cute and often chubby versions of the characters)included at the end.

This manga series is largely aimed at teenagers, but I see no reason why this selection of sultry vampires and a seriously fantastic heroine shouldn''''t be enjoyed by adults too (though if your one of these people who don''''t like to be seen reading books with bright covers or that are aimed at young adults, I recommend that you read it at home instead of the train.

There is somewhat of a love triangle here involving a girl, a vampire, and another male, but unlike some young adult vampire series ([cough] twilight [cough]) this doesn''''t fall into the trap of becoming overly melodramatic or taking itself too seriously. Also, Yuki Cross beats Bella Swan hands down in terms of character, toughness, and lack of stupidity.

That''''s not to say that fans of Twilight won''''t love this too - I''''m sure they will, I just personally prefer this to Twilight.

I think the setting of a boarding school where the humans are taught in the day and the vampires are taught in the night (though the humans simply think they''''re the gifted class,) is great. It means that there is a limit to how far the characters can escape from each other since they''''re largely bound by the limits of the school.

The only real thing that annoys me about the volumes is that I find them too short - over too quickly for my liking, I want more! But then, I guess that''''s how they get you to buy the next volume.

22.07.2014 14:08

Advantages

• "Highlighted my own colour"
      • "Shine and hold"

Disadvantages

• "It is expensive at full price"

Shine and hold from John Frieda

As my hair has been looking a little bit dull and lacklustre I decided to treat myself to some John Frieda products which were especially designed for brunette hair to give it some life back and bring out the natural tones and highlights. I have used some different products in the range before and thought they were really good so when Boot’s were having a special offer on them I decided to ry some different products in the range which I hadn’t tried before.
      One of them was the John Frieda brilliant brunette hairspray which is something that I hadn''''t tried before but which I was looking forward to using as I need to use hairspray everyday and usually they end up building up on my hair and contributing to the lack of shine and this one promised to give my hair a luminous shine and a lusterous finish while helping my own natural brunette tones and highlights shine through.
      I probably wouldn''''t have bought this had it not been on offer simply because at 6.00 GBP it is a bit expensive for my budget but on offer it was much more reasonable.
      I really liked using this because it gave just the right amount of spray. It came out in a fine mist which coated my whole head in a few short bursts without making it wet. I could just style my hair and then spray this and my hair was ready to go.
      It gave a good hold but no better than most hairsprays but where it really scored points was in the fact that it really gave my hair a lot of shine and unlike with the shampoo and conditioner I actually felt as though this really did highlight the colour of my hair and make it look more luminous and brought the colour more to the fore while subtly highlighting it.
      It made my hair look shinier and more luxurious while giving good hold that didn''''t go stiff or leave white flakes. I will definately be looking out for this and plan on buying some more next time that I see it is on offer.

22.07.2014 14:04

Advantages

• "Washing comes out dry!"
      • "Very Quick"
      • "Huge drum capacity"
      • "Silent "

Disadvantages

• "Cant pull drawer right out to clean"

A must buy!

This washing machine is by far the best i have ever owned, it is super quick washes items perfect a setting for all items memory storage (so if you use a wash often it will store the details of that wash i.e temp, spin and all you do is press M button).and another bonus is its A++ energy rating . I highly recommend this machine great value and well made a clear screen with countdown etc
      adjustable feet,child lock and fast spin,great looking and economic machine, love the delay start setting can load it when go to bed and so quiet it can start washing a couple of hours before plan to get up and doesn''''t disturb me, and saves time the next day by just taking washing out and hanging up rather than setting it going in the morning and and waiting for it to finish - a brilliant idea ... had previous Hotpoint for 14 years and hoping this will last just as long !!

22.07.2014 13:39

Advantages

• "Great Looking"
      • "Great Price"
      • "4 separate profiles"
      • "Only takes 1 li-on Battery"
      • "BMI Calculator"
      • "Body Fat and Water Analyser"

Disadvantages

• None!

A good looking, good quality bathroom scale!

I’ve never really been bothered about my weight until a few months ago, when I decided that I needed to lose some weight I figured I’d need some scales that were a little bit more technical than the ones I did have that just measured the weight and nothing else. I decided I wanted something that would measure, body fat!

These scales are pretty easy to set up, in the fact that they come so you can pre-set four different profiles for varying members of the family, or friends depending who else is going to use your scales. There’s three buttons on the top of the scales which mean you can change the profile that you want to use, so when you pick the profile you want to change. Just press the top button and hold until the digits on the screen flash which doesn’t take more than a few seconds and the buttons either side change the values, so it asks you to input your height and age – once you’re finished press the middle button again and you’re good to go! It’s incredibly easy, a lot easier than I expected since I didn’t really have to look in the instructions to fathom it either!

In the battery compartment at the back you can pick whether you want the weight in pounds, stones and pounds or kilos – that’s literally the flick of the switch so very easy to do which is good.

So when you step on it, you need to do it in bare feet because then through the silver sections on the plate it picks up your body fat, body water, and BMI – so you’re getting a very thorough weight just in less than a minute of standing on the scales.

The fact these scales take up to 160kg means you’ve got a lot of give in them really, the platform of the scale is glass, but reinforced and stabilised so that it will support 160kg without giving way. The beauty of these scales is that they are a very modern and attractive looking scale, so if you’ve not got anywhere to put them away – they’re a nice plain glass and silver addiction to your bathroom!

In the time I’ve had mine they’ve not skipped a beat once, the fact that they do the BMI, fat and water analysers I find so convenient as before I could only use Boots scales to get my body fat and BMI – so now it’s as easy as nipping into the bathroom jumping on a fast reacting scale and getting my measurements!

When I ordered these they were £10 on Amazon, they’re currently £14.99 on Amazon and also £14.99 in Argos so even at this price they are great quality – more than worth the money in my opinion!

22.07.2014 13:32

Advantages

• "Can be cut to suit"
      • "Great price"
      • "Don't look or feel synthetic"
      • "Easy to use/wear clips"

Disadvantages

• "Tangles easily"
      • "Sectioning Clip broke"
      • "Could do with a third piece"

An affordable alternative in hair extensions

I keep getting my hair cut and then I see these gorgeous long hair styles and miss my long hair. I’d been looking for extensions and happened to come across the Babyliss Styleable Extension Set 18” and after checking the various reviews decided to splash out the £29.99 (compared to the £140 human hair set I was considering).

I wasn’t expecting anything too great for the price but I was actually pleasantly surprised when they arrived. There are 2 sectioning clips (one of these broke the first time I opened it), a tail comb which is very handy for sectioning your hair off as well as combing through the extensions plus the two hair pieces – one 7” wide with 4 clips and the other 12” wide (both 18” long) with 6 clips. Each of the clips are hidden beneath the hair without bulking it out much and are as easy to use as kids hair clips but thankfully these actually stay in place!

Considering they are synthetic they don’t actually look out of place in my hair (although my hair is quite thick). I went for the dark brunette because I’d read the dark brown was more like black whereas this set has reddish hues rather than being a solid brown. One of the problems I have at the moment is my hair is about shoulder length and quite a blunt cut so it is very obvious where my hair ends – especially underneath the extensions. I can either wait until my hair grows longer or buy a second set which would bulk out the ends more. Another great thing about this set is there is very little shedding from them.

They do get tangled easily and although this is a styleable set up to 180 degrees, I’ve read other reviews and a lot of people have said it just doesn’t work – they’ve tried curling and straightening and it didn’t make a difference. There were also a lot of comments which mentioned the condition of the set worsened so for the moment, I am quite happy to wear them as they are – they are far easier to comb them as they are. I could also cut them but I quite like that they do have a slight curl to the ends.

To clean them it’s just a case of gently shampooing after each use. I then just leave them to air dry. I’m contemplating a second set just for a fuller look although would have preferred at least one other piece within the set. It still works out a lot cheaper than some other sets but I may wait until my hair is a little longer so it won’t need bulking out. If you’ve not got the money for human hair extensions they are worth considering.

22.07.2014 13:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Didn't call to apologise or explain why my time was wasted"
      • "Didn't show up for a viewing"

Terrible - they don''t show up for viewings

Based on my experience they offer appalling customer service. I went to Abode as I was interested in renting a property in Clapham South. I dealt with Shauna who initially seemed very good....until she arranged a viewing with me and failed to show up. It was a Friday night and I could have done without having my time completely wasted. I received an email confirmation of the viewing from her that afternoon (the viewing had already been rearranged once at her request). When she was 10 minutes late I called her phone, which went straight to voicemail, and I left a message to say I was outside the property. I have not received a callback; not that evening, not the next day, not when I called the office on Monday and not following the email I sent them asking for an explanation. I have no interest in dealing with them for my rental requirement. They clearly don''''t value their potential customers, and having read some of the other reviews of their service I think I''''ve had a lucky escape. On the upside though, I found a really nice property with Credential in Tooting - excellent customer service.

22.07.2014 13:04

Advantages

• "the best laptop available"

Disadvantages

• "very expensive"

fast and reliable,. THE best laptop available!

This is probably the best laptop that is available any where in the world and for good reason. The Macbook pro had a 13.3" screen and retina display. The graphics in this laptop are truly amazing, i have never known quality like it.

The Macbooks only downfall is its price. Depending where you buy your machine from these can cost anything up to £1300, which for the average Joe like me and you is a small fortune.

Although the price is huge, it is more than worth the money. For any gamers out there this will become your new best friend. The display on this machine when playing any game is out of this world, and make make all other laptops look cheap! It has 4 gb of ram too, which is more than enough to play any game online.

I personally love this lap top, it has a sleek and thin design allowing you take to take it anywhere and has a battery life of up to twelve hours, which is by far better than others. There have been apps made for this macbook too, to boost performance and user enjoyment. It even has a Facetime camera on the front of the device so you can chat with friends and family at home or on the move. I personally like to take this on the train with me. It is so easy to carry and is fairly light too.

Everything works well with this device, which is what you expect from an Apple product. If your looking to make the move to Mac, you should do it and never ever look back, this device is fantastic!

• Zara / Highstreet Shopping / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      22.07.2014 12:46

Advantages

• "Huge range "
      • "Great clothes"

Disadvantages

Loveeee Zara!

I only started shopping at Zara a couple of years ago, I don''''t know why but I think my perception was that the clothes are expensive and aimed at older people. However on my first visit I was so surprised at how wrong I had been.

There was a huge range of clothes and I wished I had more money because I saw so many things that were really nice quality and great styles. I would say the majority of clothes in Zara are very reasonably priced however they do have some pricier stuff which is actually worth paying that bit more for. I definitely think they have loads of stuff with a twist, so the leggings that everyone has will have taken on a twist that makes them so much cuter. They have lovely dresses and I think their summer clothes are really nice and perfect for summer.

Everything I have ever bought from Zara, be it clothes, shoes or accessories, has been really good quality and long lasting. I have never bought anything from Zara that I have regret or thought it could have been better and some of the prices are amazing. I do find that some of the basic things like plain t-shirts and vests are overpriced and to get these elsewhere, but most of the stuff in Zara I pick up and can''''t believe how inexpensive it is.

On another note they also do perfumes that are really lovely, their shoes are classic to quirky and some of the clothes are really one off pieces that make you feel great when you wear them. Love Zara!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown