• holisticshop.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      19.04.2015 01:54

Advantages

• "good quality products"
      • "high speed delivery"

Disadvantages

would highly recommend to anyone

I use holistic shop frequently. Their products are good value for money, mostly (unless extremely cheap) good quality and they are always as described, if not better. Ordering is easy and delivery literally 1st class. They email with every move they make so you know the status of your order and package everything safely

19.04.2015 01:40

Advantages

• "Good for pain and temperature issues"
      • "Works quickly and effectively"

Disadvantages

• "The risk of overdose if you're not careful"

Giving My Kids A Helping Hand When They're Sick

I wouldn't be without a bottle of Calpol in my medicine cabinet, with four children it's safe to say I've been through bottles of the stuff - it's so effective not just for pain but also as a way to reduce the misery of having a temperature. My son used to have febrile convulsions as a baby so it was really important not to let him get too hot if he was poorly and Calpol was one of the things I used religiously to keep his temperature under control.

Calpol contains paracetamol so obviously you have to be extremely careful about how much you give your child - the advice is no more than a dose every four hours, and the dose depends on the age of the child so do take time to read the instructions before using it.

The taste is very nice indeed, almost too nice to be medicine really. It's strawberry but of the sweetest and stickiest variety - it's quite strange for a medicine to be so delicious really and I can't say it's a wonderful idea as although it makes it easier to get the medicine into a child it also means they sometimes ask for Calpol when they don't really need it!

Calpol works amazingly quickly considering how useless adult paracetamol is, a temperature will start to come down a few minutes after administering the dose and the pain of (for example) an earache or tummy bug is lessened pretty quickly too. I've taken Calpol myself when I've had toothache because I find keeping the medicine in my mouth and swishing it around the painful tooth helps more (and more quickly) than taking painkilling pills.

I'm confident when I use branded Calpol that I'm doing a good thing for my kids when they're ill (the NHS stuff isn't as effective) and will continue to buy it for as long as I need to.

• Hauck Condor Buggy / Pushchair & Pram / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      19.04.2015 01:28

Advantages

• "Good safety features"
      • "Comfortable for baby"
      • "Lovely to push"

Disadvantages

• "Bulky when folded down"

A Fantastic Buggy

I had the Condor buggy when my son was a little younger, made by Hauck I bought it second hand from a friend who had used it for a while for her daughter. I like the Hauck brand and at the time fancied a change from my previous buggy so I thought I'd put it through its paces.

The only disadvantage is that this buggy is incredibly bulky when folded, at the time I had a seven seater Ford Galaxy and when the back two seats were put in place there was simply no room for it unless I used a seat to put it on!

The buggy is easy enough to fold, I wouldn't say it was one handed operation but close enough. I could fold and unfold it easily with my son in my arms, unfortunately I had to put him down before lifting it into the car due to the bulky nature of the buggy.

The brake and five point harness are excellent safety features and I never once thought my son was anything but perfectly safe while riding in this buggy - at the end of the time we were using it the harness became a little snug even on the biggest setting but by that point it wasn't really an issue as we knew he would be coming out of a pram completely by then.

The Condor is lovely to push, the wheels are extremely smooth and that made for a nice pushing experience for me but also ensured my son was comfortable in the seat. He didn't really sleep in this buggy as by the time I bought it he was too old for a nap while we were out, occasionally he'd nod off in it but that was for short sharp naps and although he didn't look entirely comfortable I wouldn't say he was Uncomfortable either.

You can expect to pay around £80 for the Hauck Condor which I think is fantastic value for such a good buggy, I really do wish I'd had one when David was a little younger so I could have used it for longer.

19.04.2015 00:57

Advantages

• "Comfortable fit"
      • "Sound quality is good"

Disadvantages

• "Rubbish noise cancellation"

iLuv These!

I don't have much call for earphones and until very recently didn't have a pair at all, with two iPod loving teenagers in the house I didn't need my own as a glance in either of their bedrooms would lead me to spot several sets of earphones (and some even still in the packaging!).

The earphones are comfortable to wear and stay in my ears well, I've never had them fall out even when exercising (I bought these as my own earphones when I joined the gym and realised I couldn't stand to listen to the dance music they're always pumping out).

Sound quality is good, the volume can be adjusted using the clicker on the earphone cable but I rarely use this as I'm too much in the habit of using my device to make alterations. There's also a mic built into the cable which is useful if you want to use the earphones with an iPhone instead of an iPad - iLuv designed these especially for use with Apple products and although they'll work as earphones with any make and model the mic and volume control won't necessarily work with, say, LG or Samsung products.

The earphones have been durable, both are still working and the earphones themselves are still in very good condition with no splitting of the plastic or damage to any part.

Noise cancellation isn't wonderful - as I found out at the gym when I had to turn my iPad up pretty loud to compete with the dance music racket!

For six quid I'd say these are a good set of earphones, I may not use them all that much now but when I need them I know they'll be working and will work well for the duration of my work out.

19.04.2015 00:54

Advantages

• "information desks"
      • big
      • shopping
      • "friendly people"

Disadvantages

• "lack of food courts"

Korea intl airport is a quality stop over

Well let me first say that this airport is very impressive. The place is absolutely huge, with loads of shopping areas and brand outlets. Also there is a fantastic longue area for skypass holders.

The Korean people are very helpful, anyone complaining about them please remember you are in there country and hello English is not the only language in the world.

The only issue I had was finding some food to eat, as the food court was very small, packed and limited for choice. Other then that it was a very nice stop over and will keep you busy, especially the automatic toilets that are truly innovative.

• HTC One (M8) / Smartphone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      19.04.2015 00:45

Advantages

• "memory capacity"
      • "quality casing"

Disadvantages

• "lack of colours"

An amazing beatiful device, innovation at its finest

basing this is the best phone in its range. Truly a remarkable device, the htc one m8 is innovative and quality to the touch.
      The sd slot is great as you can now use the 128gn micro disk to slot to expand your memory size at a low ocst. Also the front boom speakers mean quality sound for you and the whole street to hear.
      The sturdy quality case with internal battery add to the unique htc one experience.

Basically the no.1 one in its range with no silly gimmicks. The device is mad to be simple yet modern , and does so with flying colours.

• Technika 19" HD Ready LCD TV / LCD TV / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      19.04.2015 00:29

Advantages

• "Good picture"

Disadvantages

• "Iffy sound"

A Good Bargain TV

My Technika 16-912 LCD TV was a rare Ebay bargain which has been a super tele from day one, we bought it to take out in our camper van and it has since been placed in the kids' room while they were ill and now it resides in my bedroom as I've fallen in love with Game of Thrones and want to catch up with the boxsets (my partner hates that sort of stuff so best for me to watch it upstairs than have him moaning all the way through it).

The television is HD ready and has a built in DVD player which is very simple to use, the only time you need to touch the TV itself is when you change the DVD - everything else can be done with the remote control (which is also very simple in layout and design).

The picture has always been good on the Technika TV but sound can be iffy - it struggles to keep to the same volume throughout a single programme and can become muffled and tinny at times too. This can be a nuisance as if I'm watching a DVD quite late at night I don't really want the volume bursting out to wake the kids' in the next room.

I'd recommend this TV if you can get it at a decent price, it has been discontinued now so isn't available new but comes up here and there on Ebay and the Amazon Marketplace. I only paid a few pounds for it but would imagine a comparable television would cost roughly £89, as with most discontinued electrical items however I wouldn't necessarily suggest you hold out for this one even if you like the sound of it as the ones which have been released in the meantime will be just as good (if not better).

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      19.04.2015 00:23

Advantages

• "Good viewing angles on display"
      • "Robust Build"
      • Speed

Disadvantages

• "Touchpad quite small"
      • " keep catching my watch"
      • "Keys are quite a way from Edge of laptop"

Would definately recommend.

I'm very pleased with this laptop, the build quality appears excellent. With an i7 processor, 8Gb RAM and SSD it is certainly quick. The keyboard feels good to type, however I keep catching my watch on the edge of the laptop. The touchpad is quite small, however changing the speed of the mouse counters that. Overall I am very impressed with this laptop.

19.04.2015 00:04

Advantages

• "Lasts a good amount of time for an EDT"
      • "A lovely floral fragrance"

Disadvantages

• "None reall although it's not a favourite perfume"

A Pretty Perfume

I'm not a fan of the Caudalie brand and haven't really used many of their products, I am currently wearing their Des Vignes perfume however after my daughter received it in a beauty box recently and didn't like it.

I can see why it wasn't to her taste as the perfume is extremely floral, I'm not usually into floral perfumes at all but this one is very manageable and despite being reasonably vibrant it's also very light in tone once the initial strong burst has worn off.

The most obvious note in Des Vignes (for me at least) is jasmine, the perfumes is nicely blended so that everything is evident at various points but I feel jasmine is the glue that holds the fragrance together - luckily for me as that's my favourite floral fragrance!

As this is an EDT I would only expect it to last for a reasonably short time, this one does linger for quite a bit longer than expected but it's by no means a miracle perfume and you'll find yourself having to top up a few times a day. I'd use it as a daytime perfume for the simple reason that it doesn't have enough punch for evening/night wear and personally I like to wear something stronger if I'm going out.

The full size bottle is lovely and can be seen in Dooyoo's photo, I have a small trial size bottle which is a stunning shade of pink - I'd love a big bottle to go on my dressing table as I think it would look super next to the rest of my perfume bottles but really I'm not sure if I like the perfume enough to spend £25 on a 50ml bottle as I can't see myself wearing it all that much.

• Toshiba 42VL963B / LCD TV / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      19.04.2015 00:01

Advantages

• "Smart TV"
      • Light
      • Slim
      • "Good picture"

Disadvantages

I have no complaints about this television set and would recommend it.

My current television is a Toshiba smart TV with 42” screen. We purchased from a Curry’s high street store because Curry’s have a large selection of televisions on display.

This TV can be wall mounted but we use a TV unit.
      It has a flat screen and a slim, smart appearance.
      Picture quality is very good being crisp and clear.
      Colours are good and true to life.
      The sound on this set can be completely muted or turned down to barely audible or turned up to a very high volume. When switched on the volume will come on at the level it was previously set on.

It can be connected to WiFi with an adaptor (not included) and then BBC iPlayer and Youtube can be viewed.
      I quite often use Catch up TV.
      TV on demand is available.
      It has a built in Freeview tuner.
      we don’t use 3D very much because it’s rarely practical to watch 3D as to do this the special purpose glasses need to be worn but I will say when viewing for short periods of time I’m impressed with 3D TV.
      My elder son is the main user of 3D TV when he is watching tennis. If strawberries and cream were served then he might almost believe he was watching centre court at Wimbledon!
      Our purchase included four sets of 3D glasses.

The HD feature of this television is popular with my husband and son when watching sport; televised sport lends itself well to high definition, in my opinion.
      The television can be switched on and off from the remote control .as well
      as from the front of the set.

Some Technical Bits:

PC Input Yes
      Audio output Headphones socket
      DVB-T tuner Yes
      Power consumption 163 w
      Dimensions (mm) 1020 x 690 x 285mm ( W x H x D )
      Weight (kg) 16.8 kg
      This TV set can be purchased from:
      Electronic world £329.99
      Amazon £429.99

When I first had this set I pushed it further back on the TV unit as it felt too close. Now I don’t have that problem and have been debating whether to purchase a larger screen television.
      However, although my living room is quite large I would hate for the television to be the main feature in my home.

18.04.2015 23:15

Advantages

• "Easy to peel off"
      • "Great results"

Disadvantages

• "1 application per pack"

A great peel by Montagne Jeunesse

This is another one of the Montagne Jeunesse products that I had in my gift hamper and one of the ones I continued using after my freebies were finished with. As I mentioned in my review of Montagne Jeunesse Blemish mud they have no changed their name to 7th Heaven for the reason that no one could pronounce their name (fair enough really). They are a BUAV and Vegetarian society approved company and all of their products have the logos on the back so you know you are buying Cruelty free.

Price and availability :
      Like most Montagne Jeunesse / 7th Heaven products these are widely available from Chemists such as Boots and Superdrug, Supermarkets, Discount stores and even clothing stores such as New Look. They are Priced at £1 and I have never seen much variation from this price point.

Packaging:
      Following the standard look of all Montagne Jeunesse products we have a smiling girl on the front, this one has a bright lilac face mask on with pomegranates and leaves covering her eyes. Across the top it says Deep cleansing Passion Peel Off - Pomegranate pulp and Passion Flower. On the Bottom it tells us that this sachet is 10ml. I do like this packaging it is nice and bright and stands out compared to other brands it is unmistakably Montagne Jeunesse.

In Use:
      When you open the sachet you get a wonderful fruity aroma hit you which is so nice, I would wear it as a perfume if I could, it is sweet and summery. The mask itself again doesn't look like what the girl on the pack has on it is a clear pinky red gel. It is really easy to put on and doesn't drag, Once it is on it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry which is normal for a gel mask, once dry it feels quite tight but not unpleasantly so. This peels off really easily when it's dry which is always satisfying, it leaves my skin feeling really smooth as soon as it is removed but a little bit red, the redness dies down after about 5-10 minutes so is not a problem, it doesn't leave blotches or anything like that though. This also seems to reduce my spots which is nice and keeps them at bay for a few days. The sachet suggests using the product weekly. Unlike most of the Montagne Jeunesse sachets this one definitely only has one use in it but as it only suggests using it once a week that's not too bad.

Overall:
      Overall I will give this 5 stars as it leaves my skin feeling great, is easy to use and is reasonably priced for the amount you need to use it. The fact that it is also cruelty free is an extra benefit.

18.04.2015 22:47

Advantages

• longevity
      • look
      • antiperspirance
      • price
      • smell

Disadvantages

A great all rounder. Great smell, antiperspirance and look

This is a sleek deodorant. Not only does it look fresh and cool its feels it and so do you. The overall scent of the product is somewhat citrusy yet manly. The product is advertised as having an ice cool effect and this certainly seems true as when the deodorant is applied it does not create a warm itchy sensation neither does it leave a clingy sticky residue, instead the efect of the application is refreshing. Loréal advertises this product as being a 48h deodorant and though I have not tested it's staying power to this level the effect is certainly sustained for a full day and even seems fresh the morning after. I would not hesitate in buying this product again and would in fact consider making it my permanent deodorant, though the fragrance of the product is not always obvious what is obvious is the clear lack of odour. This product is clearly aimed at sporty men and it's ability to stay fresh during physical exercise even on hot and humid days accounts for this marketing. It seems to me that there is little that this deodorant cannot contend with and come up smelling of daisies. The design of the product means that it comfortable and ergonomically fits in your hand creating perfect balance and minimal effort, the size is neither too large or too small and though I use it frequently and it has been several weeks since I bought the product it still appears to be quite full.

• Burt's Bees Acai Lip Balm / Lip Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      18.04.2015 22:36

Advantages

• "natural ingrediants "
      • "silky feeling on lips "
      • "smells and tastes good "

Disadvantages

Lovely natural lip balm

I really like Burt's Bees they make some nice products, one of which being this lip balm.
      100% natural products are used like bees wax and vegetable oils, this is certified by the natural products association. They are not tested on animals and the packaging is recyclable.
      I paid £3.75 for my tube which I thought was rather expensive for a little lip balm but I had wanted to try it for a while so treated myself.

I like that it comes in a tube because I use it at work where my hands are sometimes dirty so this way I don't have to touch my lips with my finger like with a tub of lip balm.

The acacia berry is a lovely smell and don't mind if I taste some if I happen to lick my lips. It leaves lips feeling soft and moisturised even when my lips are very dry, the consistency is more luxurious than cheaper brands I've tried in the past.
      It lasts quite a while as it doesn't take much to soften your lips, the tube holds 4.25g and at only about one and a half inches long is compact enough to fit in your pocket or bag.
      It works like most other lip balm tubes in that you just need to take the lid off with a pull, this is easy enough to do it's not stiff at all but it does stay secure in your pocket too. Then you twist the end to make it rise up when you need it.
      Burt's Bees do lots of other flavours and I'll definitely be trying them now.

18.04.2015 22:35

Advantages

• "light duty and easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "miss some conveniences"

decent and handy drill for the job

Аt first I thought this wаs decent light-weight drill thаt wаs up to the job. I got this аs а gift аnd аm verу hаppу with it аs а second drill to аugment mу existing 8-уeаr old Rуobi ONE Plus drill (thаt I recentlу dropped аnd bent). There is а lot to like. It seems plentу of power (аt first), it is smаller, lighter, hаs а light, аnd is eаsier to use when it comes to weight, size, & light. I especiаllу like the light, which is quite useful when drilling / screwing in corners аnd out of the wау plаces without greаt lighting. It fits into more spаces thаn mу old drill, which is useful in crаmped spаces thаt the other drill might not even fit. The chаrger is verу smаll too, which meаns уou could fit the whole thing in а drаwer or smаll spаce. Overаll, is а light dutу drill for light work, or smаll spаces.

It is missing some conveniences, thаt kept it from being mу one аnd onlу primаrу drill when I first bought it. (1) It doesn't hаve а mаgnetic strip for holding loose items. It hаs been so convenient with mу Rуobi to hаve screws & drill bits stuck right on the bаse of the drill. (2) The screwdriver is not mаgnetic to hold а screw on. This is а huge deаl, but eаsilу replаced bу just using аnу screwdriver insert thаt is mаgnetic. It is so convenient on mу Rуobi to plаce а screw on it without hаving to hold the screw with а second hаnd. But the mаgnetic pаrt is not аctuаllу the drill itself, so уou should be аble to buу one. (3) It comes with onlу one bаtterу. It is verу convenient to hаve two so уou never hаve to stop уour work. You cаn buу them sepаrаtelу, but theу аren't cheаp. (4) The screw direction in/out аrrows аre hаrd to see аt а glаnce. It is much nicer when the аrrow is plаin аnd cleаr right on the button. (5) It doesn't come with а cаse, so уou mау hаve to find а box to put it in if not going in а drаwer. (6) The trigger sensitivitу seems а little fаster thаn I would prefer to reаllу control the speed. It just doesn't seem аs nаturаl to vаrу the speed аs it did with mу Rуobi thаt seemed to hаve more degrees of freedom in аccelerаtion.

I do а lot of hаndу work аnd home projects аround mу own house, аnd I аbsolutelу loved mу Rуobi ONE Plus I bought 8 уeаrs аgo. I wаs hаppу with this drill аs а second drill. It is greаt for when mу Rуobi will not fit or runs out of bаtterу. If уou аre аn аvid hаndуmаn аround уour house, уou might reаllу miss some of the feаtures I mentioned if this were уour onlу drill. But if уou just need а drill for occаsionаl light work, this one should be fine. I could recommend it for light use. But more reаl power аnd conveniences would be better for extended heаvу use.

This is reаllу а light-dutу drill. I recentlу did а lot of work in mу gаrаge, аnd this drill did not perform. It couldn't drill through wood studs thаt I would normаllу eаsilу do with mу Rуobi. It just wouldn't drill wood sometimes. Furthermore, the trigger is too sensitive for mу preference with screws. I feel much more control on mу other drills thаn I hаve with this. It rаmps up its speed too quicklу аnd feels like it hаs less control. This is trulу а light-dutу drill, okау аs а bаckup, but did not perform when I needed it for а project with more thаn just а few screws or holes.

18.04.2015 22:16

Advantages

• "gives nice protection to hair"
      • "good price and quality"
      • "repairs damaged hair "
      • "easy to wash"
      • "easy to apply"
      • ""
      • "great volume"

Disadvantages

• "baby powder fragrance"
      • "Dispensing cup"

Overall this is a pretty great conditioner and volumizer.

I have long, fine & thin hair with oily roots and dryish ends, and so I avoid conditioners with silicone. This conditioner it thicker and richer than most silicone free conditioners, but it makes my hair very soft without weighing it down. My only two complaints are the smell (kind of a baby powder fragrance that I personally do not care for) and the dispensing cap, which really sucks. There's only a tiny opening and it gets clogged easily, which makes it difficult to squeeze the product out. I really wish that it had a normal cap. For the results that it gives me, though, I can deal with that. I will definitely keep using this conditioner!
      (I should note that the matching shampoo dries out my hair too much.) In fact, I bought the shampoo and conditioner for half price at Walgreen's early in the year and just bought a second bottle of the conditioner (I still have half a bottle of the shampoo left) and paid full price for it. I noticed the ingredients and packaging had changed though. It no longer had a seal and the ingredients are different. The first five ingredients of the first bottle were: Water, tomato extract, cetyl alcohol, red pepper extract and red tea extract. The first five ingredients of the bottle I just got are: water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrinomium choloride, cetyl esters and tomato fruit extract. The first bottle I bought worked well, so I don't know why they decided to mess with a good thing.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown