• MAC Mineralize Skinfinish / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.04.2015 19:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish

The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish is available for GBP 23.00.

The powder is described as follows. "A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adding buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face. New window compact."

I wear the powder after I applied the foundation and the concealer from MAC. I take a big and soft powder brush, go with it a few times circling through the powder so that I can record something and then distribute it generously on the face. Since the powder emits no great color but is rather intended to tarnish, you have now because no great thoughts about shadows and edges make, because that leaves the powder usually not when applying it with a big fluffy brush. The face should now be perfectly matted and fix the make-up / the optimal Foundation for the day. If I once his fingers over the powder go to the consistency to describe, I can say that the powder is very soft and supple to the touch, almost like silk. It can rub between your fingers and evaporates quickly when you rub. The powder has a nice subtle shimmer and color output is slightly better, ie, in the summer you can also simply times only apply his day care and then some of the powder and you have a beautiful glow. The powder is very productive and keeps me usually about 5 months and I pudere 5 - 6x a week, showing that it keeps really long. The price is of course not without, but at products made by MAC can not hope that you can beat any deal you. I highly recommend this product and are awarded 5 stars.

• MAC Studio Fix Fluid / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.04.2015 19:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

The MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 is available for GBP 21.50.

The foundation is described as follows. "A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients."

The foundation can be obtained in about 30 different nuances and thus spoiled for choice is of course particularly difficult, it is best to possible to advise on a MAC counter, the ladies take usually a lot of time and help you. The Foundation covers really nice and thereby this is a household liquid make-up, one can determine the opacity itself, simply apply a little more foundation and already the opacity is slightly stronger. The make-up should the manufacturer be applied with a brush, I myself am in favor of then but a tad too blonde and got myself why a sponge from MAC, so I'm super clear and the make up is possible to also so apply super great. Durability is also great! If I'm in the evening make-up remover I can see that the opacity is not quite as strong as directly after applying, but it still looks pretty good. When abschminken I could even ask no problems fixed. Usually I'll go first with a cleaning cloth over my face and then with a cotton pad to actually remove once all residues. Although the price is still a bit high, but the product is great and as long as a One vial is a yes by itself can (depending on your specified opacity). If you look at the Foundation for the first time At length one must still additionally purchase a pump dispenser, this can also be taken from bottle to bottle again. I'm really absolutely convinced of the product and can only recommend it. My skin tolerates this foundation without complain about.

21.04.2015 19:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great added benefits x

No, these are not part of the 5.2 diet! Hurrah!

Everyone/ websites/ magazines bring out the latest superfood but like the saying goes, the originals are the best. Pumpkin seeds are timeless and contain amazing benefits. If you are on medication it is best to consult your doctor for advice.

MAGNESIUM
      Just a mere quarter of these are your recommended daily allowance. This will helps bone growth, teeth and your heart.

SUPPORT FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.
      A regular amount of these will help build your immune system up over time against viruses and strengthen you when your body is stressed.

HEART AND LIVER HEALTH

HIGH CONTENT OF OMEGA 3

ANTI-IMFLAMMTORY
      This is what I mainly want out of the benefits. These are great for anyone will blemishes and helps control your skin from the inside out. They have, I noticed after a few weeks, less skin inflammation not totally removed but a welcome help at the time.

I eat these plain, some add yogurts but I put a bowl beside the computer warding off unhealthy eating habits.
      These are not the best of the fruit and nuts selections taste-wise so that does limit you eating too many. If you do overindulge they may just taste very dull and woody. Not that I've ever eaten wood:)

Overall these are a great substitute and boost to your diet.
      I purchased a large bag of 500g for only £7. Mintons are a good and trustworthy company and we normally purchase this brand at various retailers or you can go to their website for larger bulk buys.

Small tip- do keep these air tight as they can go stale quick x

21.04.2015 19:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fabulous shampoo for brightening naturally grey hair.

I have prematurely grey hair and have had for years. Two years ago I decided against dying it anymore and decided I would just so grey naturally. I love the colour of my hair, but grey hair is different to other hair. It has a different texture and as mine has natural blonde tones in it - it gets very brassy. I thought I would try a touch of silver to see if it made any difference to the way I felt about my hair. I use it twice a week and I love it. Please don't be put off by the bright violet colour that stains baths and showers if it sits there. This product is not going to give you an older person, old fashioned purple rinse - well not permanently anyway. What it will give you is shiny, nourished locks that are vibrant and stunning to your naturally grey hair. It's important to follow the instructions on the bottle (and I use the conditioner as well) and to use the product regularly. I use mine twice a week and find that my hair which is long only needs a wash with a good nourishing shampoo in the middle of my treatments. The solution is light, lathers well and even smells quite nice. It is certainly not offensive. Leave it on and wash it off. I towel dry my hair. The result is grey hair that has life, it doesn't look dull, it looks bright and attractive. In fact I think my hair is different and stunning now because it is not so much grey as silver in colour. I also think it might be responsible for darkening my black hair as well as many people have noticed my hair looks different and I have had many compliments.

• Vegetarian Labelling / Discussion / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.04.2015 18:55

Advantages

• "improvements in labelling"

Disadvantages

• "no standard labelling"

Labelling has improved - but there's a long way to go!

OK, if you read my reviews a lot you'll probably have read some mention of me being vegetarian, since when I'm reviewing food it's kind of important.

Locating vegetarian food is not always easy. Labelling varies from brand to brand and even product to product. A case in point - I buy a lot of co-op food, and I can think of at least six different ways their own brand food has been labelled as suitable for vegetarians.

What annoys me the most is brands and restaurants that don't even bother labelling - I'm left to guess whether or not something is in this meal which goes against my personal beliefs. I'm not asking you to join me in these beliefs, but a little consideration to my right to know what I'm about to eat would be lovely. I have no idea what's in some of these food colourings and synthetic ingredients, and nor do I have the time to go looking up every single one of them. And in restaurants, if you ask for a full list of ingredients they act like you've defecated in public. Honestly. I usually just go for something which has no apparent meat or animal derivatives and cross my fingers. And then hope I actually have a choice. And then hope that the meal is actually any good.

The rise of food safety and hygiene relating to allergies though has unintentionally benefitted the vegetarians lurking amongst you omnivores - companies are now more aware of what's in their produce. Which means they can stick the little Vegetarian label on with confidence. Albeit sometimes in teeny tiny writing under the fold of the packaging. Or under the 'consumer information' or on the side, the bottom, the top, hiding behind a tree... OK, I made the last one up. I do though think that there needs to be some form of consistency when it comes to labelling - because I have no idea, when picking up a new product, whether this company labels, whether I'm looking for a V, a tick, a sentence, a leaf, a green dot, a VSoc sign, whether I have to check every individual chocolate bar (Mars chocolates are made in several factories, and whether they are suitable for vegetarians often depends on which factory it originated in meaning I have to check every bar,) ... food shopping should not require invasive levels of investigation.

Honestly, you don't have to agree with me. But if you want me to buy your products, you might want to make it easier to figure out what's in them.

21.04.2015 18:51

Advantages

• "Sugar free"
      • "Pleasant reassuring taste"
      • "Well known name"

Disadvantages

Reliable pain relief from a leading company.

Calpol six plus is a favoured medicine amongst many parents who are reassured by the Calpol brand of paracetamol based medicines for their children when they are sick, injured or running a fever. Once your child is six, they need a different formulation which is stronger and more tailored to them. Calpol six plus is that formulation and does everything the baby Calpol does to make sick children better. Paracetamol is the main ingredient but rather than have to take a tablet which tastes horrible, or swallow a tablet which can be difficult - the paracetamol is suspended in a pleasant tasting solution. The strawberry flavour will be very familiar to children used to Calpol and leaves no nasty aftertaste (its very much like strawberry laces). This means it is very easy to encourage children to take their medicine. Some packs come with easy to measure spoons, others are beginning to come with new syringes that are even easier to use. You literally shake the bottle well - pop the syringe in and turn the bottle over to measure an accurate dose of the medicine to give to your child. Rinse the spoon/syringe and store. I recommend that you wipe the bottle after use if any has spilt - it might be sugar free (which is great for those emerging teeth) - but its still sticky stuff if you get it on the floor of your drugs cupboard. As a market leader, you do pay a little more than you would for a generic paracetamol solution, but you get what you pay for. A reliable medicine that really does work. 200ml is also a nice size of bottle to put in the back of the cupboard and it will last there for ages. As a market leader as well most supermarkets stock this medicine on their medicine shelf.

21.04.2015 18:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

No green giants, just green beans x

I have only ever notice the white soya beans that you can eat from the packet and have never seen these before, yikes I knew I should have listened in school! Frozen and ready packed from Bird's eye, now I know.

Again [forgive me for mentioning it!] these were flagged up in our 5.2 diet. For most if not all our stir fries and casseroles they are a much needed and now loved part of our dietary intake.
      These beans provide one portion of your five a day, packed with proteins they really fill you up as they are, we found, available as small green beans or a larger form where the skin comes off but still wonderfully edible.

From birds eye on Ocado, we brought these for £1 as we find most of their frozen veg is priced at for 450g. This lasts us, when weighed out, four meals, which is great value for money.
      These tend to be added in the last few minutes of heating the meal, any longer and they can become soggy. Maximum time seems to be three minutes heated through.
      For 100g, it is 105 kcal we are allowed in a 5.2 meal 50g so it is as minimal as you can get but still they are very filling.

I like the non-GM process of Birds eyes and they don't add preservatives or flavours, I trust that this brand keeps the freshness and flavours of the beans as much as possible from first picking. I would highly recommend these for anyone wanting to make that stir fry last longer.

• Brewers Fayre in general / Pub / Bar National / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.04.2015 18:44

Advantages

• "some meal deals are ok"
      • "friendly staff"

Disadvantages

• "used to be good but not now"
      • "pricey for small portions"

Brewers Fayre has gone downhill

I used to be a regular customer at my local Brewers Fayre but I have decided that after my latest visit today I shall be avoiding it unless some improvement is made to the ever increasing prices for the ever decreasing portion sizes.

My sister wanted a hot dog. Upon looking at the menu we discovered that it was over £8 and not part of the two for a tenner meal deals. In fact there is very limited choice in the meals on that offer. We opted instead to both have the BB chicken melt, coleslaw and potato dippers. Since we last had this choice the portion sizes have been reduced and priced at £5.99 didn't seem worth the money at all.

My Father had a burger for £7.99 and found this ok but for £7.99 should have been better.

There was loud music playing which was annoying and also it took ages to get served when ordering food. A party of six who had come in after us all got served with their food first and we had to wait ages for our meals to arrive at the table.

The place seems to have lost some of it's charm and has gone down hill recently. Even the new menu isn't that brilliant. I shall be staying clear of this place for a while hoping that it improves again. For half the price of what we paid today we get a wonderful choice of delicious meals and good sized portion at a lovely local cafe. I know that many people who use Brewers Fayre are staying at the Premier Inn next door but they might be advised to avoid the place and seeker better alternatives with more choice and good competitive prices.

21.04.2015 18:40

Advantages

• "You can take them with you"

Disadvantages

• "They are expensive."

Calpol in a convenient sachet.

When we first have children, I think sometime during the first year we have all joked that we need to take out shares in Calpol. Although other brands are available, Calpol is the one that the majority of us first get introduced too. As a household name, you know that the medicine you give your child is safe and reliable and that's important when you have small children. At the age of 6 you can still give your older children Calpol but at a bigger strength. These sachets are an expensive way to give your child Calpol because you pay for the packaging but I find them really handy. If you are out and about with an older child, you never know when headaches are going to strike or when they cut their back teeth about six and they get pain related to teeth moving about. Being able to give them a sachet of Calpol is fantastic. They are all predetermined doses of 5ml each so you don't have to worry about spoons or syringes. You can just open the sachet (and it is easy to do so) and give your child the medicine it needs. There are no sticky bottles or residues, you just throw the sachet away. The liquid Calpol works really quickly (rather than giving a tablet) and attacks the pain fast. It also works for fever. They also have long use by dates so you can keep some with you in the bottom of your bag and you can even use them for adults who may be reluctant to take tablets because they struggle to swallow or don't like the taste. The strawberry Calpol flavour is hugely reassuring to children who know how they expect their medicine to taste. The sugar free version is a bonus to parents who don't have to worry about any problems with sugary meds and teeth. There are also 12 sachets in each packet which in a sick child over 6 would be around one or two days worth of medicines depending on age/stage.

• Surcare Sensitive Powder / Household Product / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.04.2015 18:29

Advantages

• "Big box lasts ages"
      • "Great for sensitive skin"

Disadvantages

• none

Great washing powder for those with sensitive skin

My family and I all have very sensitive skin and having been through nearly every washing powder available decided to try Surcare, even though it is £8 for a big box and quite a pricey outlay it is definitely worth the money as it does not cause the usual skin irritations experienced with other big box powders.

At first I was dubious to the cleaning results but upon first try I was very happy with the whiteness of the wash, the cleanliness and brightness retained in coloureds and the fact that even at low temperatures it's performance was good.

I used to purchase the smaller boxes but they became unavailable at my local supermarket and now I always buy the big box and I am very pleased with how long it lasts. It comes in a box stating that it is a Non Bio Fragrance Free Laundry Powder 25 Washes 1.65kg box. I seem to get more washes out of it than stated on the box. It is also good for hand wash garments too as the powder dissolves quickly.

I have tried other non fragranced products but I have not been as satisfied as I am with surcare. It is an absolute God send for sufferers of skin sensitivities. Other brands leave my skin with very sore irritations, and red rashes. I do not suffer at all since using Surcare and my sensitivities have become a thing of the past.

I recommend this to anyone who suffers from skin sensitivity because it has worked so well for me.

21.04.2015 18:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great addition to mexican dishes

A few months ago I would never in a million years have left a review or even spoken to friends about meals with PINTO BEANS in.
      I use to stick to what I knew, wasn't really adventurous and had, I would say, a very healthy approach/ outlook on food until the 5.2 diet crash landed and changed all that.

PINTO BEANS are now a regular part of our diet and I will rave about them now!

On this diet, we have flavour and bags of it. Mexican food is an absolute must according to the experts, due mainly to the heat and the antioxidants they provide.

Pinto beans we now buy in bulk buy and MINTONS provide a good choice through their website, A specialist in health foods they provide stock to retailers or individual customers.
      I brought these in a local store and they are of good quality and the price varies depending on the retailers.

The only thing I would highly recommend in doing, which took me a while to click onto-oops, is you really do need to soak this overnight. They taste much better! ha
      Leave them to soak in cold water. We weigh every piece of food, but surprisingly it's not as tedious as it sounds. Normally we are allowed 60g per person so we weight these out before we soak them.

These the following day can be left in the water and then drained before you add them to your dish or drain them and leave them to dry a little before you add them.
      These are a much needed and good addition to any Mexican meal.

21.04.2015 18:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great for sensitive skin x

We have had to go through, as a family, our fair share of trying to find the right fabric conditioner's as we have suffered skin reactions. There's three of us and all reacted to the same brands and didn't react to this one. The previous brands we've tried always seemed to bring us up in a rash and the doctor suggested this brand might work.

This is part of the huge UNILEVER family, a much loved and trusted brand.
      COMFORT CONDITIONERS aim to bring added softness to your fabric and condition them to last longer, working with not against the fabric's not only material wise but skin wise as well. I find that there are companies few and far between that is concerned about protecting our skin with their brand.
      This is dermatologically tried and tested, so that obviously goes a long way to protecting the skin.

This is one of their popular sellers and scents.
      I find with this scent it is much longer lasting than competitive brands and lasts all day long.
      We tend to add a little more conditioner to the towels as they come out super soft and not harsh or stiff.

Although I do buy this from Ocado at a reasonable price they tend to do a whopping big size for a great deal.
      5 litres= 142 washes for only £8 or sometimes £6 it depends when the offer is on. But the best thing is this is delivered to the door instead of lugging it home!

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      21.04.2015 16:48

Advantages

• "Good Customer Service"

Disadvantages

Aways Helpful

Thanks Ebuyer your always helpful when I have a problem with a purchase. Will buy from you again

21.04.2015 16:03

Advantages

• "Great texture and taste"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing "

Sweet snacking!

I love crisps and savoury snacks and am a big walkers fan. I love there Sunbites range but until today I hadn’t gotten around to trying the run ripened sweet chilli flavour.

I purchased a multi-pack of the sweet chilli Sunbites when I spotted them on special offer at my local Morrison’s priced at just £1.00 for a bag containing 6 x 25g packets.

The Sunbites are described as multigrain crispy snacks with a sun ripened sweet chilli flavour’. They come packaged in a really cute pink foil bag with illustrations of butterflies and wheat on with the slogan ‘tiny moments of extraordinary pleasure’. Each 25g bag contains 120 calories and 5.4g of fat.

The Sunbites are brown in colour and shaped into wavy rectangle shapes. You can clearly see the red sweet chilli seasoning covering the bites which makes them look more appealing. .

As far as the taste is concerned I really like these snacks which I find have a great crunchy texture and are very tasty. I can see why they might not be everyone’s cup of tea as they are quite wholesome tasting I suppose a little like eating brown bread over white. But the taste of the sweet chilli seasoning is just perfectly balanced. You can notice very light spiciness but it is not too overpowering and more sweet that spicy. They are also not greasy in any way unlike normal potato crisps.

Overall I really enjoyed these sweet chilli Sunbites they are very tasty and make an excellent snack. They don’t feel as naughty as crisps with them being made from multigrain but still give the same satisfaction. 5 stars from me.

21.04.2015 13:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

I'm no expert but I know this works:)

It's that time of year where we begin to repaint and patch up the home. How it all happens I'll never know.

I'm not a DIY genius, but I sure am one in the making thanks to this pot.

From HOMESBASE, you can get a litre of this stuff for £9.99, which is amazing when you compare it to our local homeware store which charges £5.99 for 50ml!! Are you joking me?

This is perfect all year, if it lasts that long!

The product is easy to remove from the pot, using anything they recommend to spread the filler evenly is easy to work with and manipulate into the areas you need without rushing as it takes anything from a few hours to a few days depending on the area you cover.

We wanted to seal the bathroom and kitchen edges and found that we really needed to keep everything as dry as possible for a few days but long term it is worth it.

The lid helps re-seal the pot so it stays fresh and usable all year and is stored really well, I can't stand the lid you turn on the tubing ones as they seemed to get stuck and I hate cutting the nozzle off as I think I may cut my hand off!
      I like the fact with this brand I don't have to sand off the walls as much as other brand tend to leave the wall with a jagged concrete feel.
      You cannot use this outside but they do offer other products if you wish to do so.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown