28.03.2015 15:15

Advantages

• "They make me feel better a little bit"
      • "They help my temperature to reduce"
      • "They do not taste bad"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Beechams honey and lemon hot drink

WHAT IS IT?

These are sachets of powder that are made by Beechams. You mix them with hot water and they are honey and lemon flavoured to help when you have got a cold.

WHY DID I BUY THEM?

Me and my husband both have got colds and we have used these many times before so I bought some and so did my husband on the same day, I bought these and my husband bought some that was blackcurrant so we have been able to change them around.

WHAT I THINK

These are easy to make and they do not taste bad, I do not think they taste very nice but the flavour is quite pleasing when I have got a cold because they make me feel comforted.

There is paracetamol and vitamin C in these drinks and they have helped me to stop my temperature from making me too hot, I do not think that drinking them for 3 days while I was sick is enough for vitamin C to work very well but they do make me feel better for a small amount of time after I have drunk the drink.

They make me feel a little bit sleepy and that is why I drink one before bedtime because they unblock my nose enough for me to be able to go to sleep and make me feel more comfortable and less like I am sweating also.

You can take one only every 4 hours and you must not take any more products that have got paracetamol in them. If you are so sick that you would need more to help you feel better then you can take Ibuprofen in between drinks but make sure nothing else you take contains paracetamol. The drinks are for children who are over 12 years only but I would not give these to a child because I think Calpol and a cool bath are better than medicated drinks.

ANYTHING ELSE

There are 5 sachets in a box and I paid £1.59, I think that is value because that is 5 doses and it is a drink as well as medicine.

4 Dooyoo Hearts.

28.03.2015 13:41

Advantages

• "Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth"
      • "Fun to use"
      • "Smells like chocolate"
      • "Great value"

Disadvantages

Just like slapping a load of melted chocolate onto your face, yum!

I like to enjoy a "pamper night" every so often, where I give myself a facial and treat myself to a nice face mask. I buy this range of face masks as they are cheap to buy, readily available and they come in a handy single application sachet. You simply tear open the sachet in the corner and squeeze out the face mask. The mask is a chocolate brown colour and the consistency resembles that of melted chocolate, yum yum! It actually smells like REAL chocolate too, which is a nice bonus. The masks are usually priced at 90p to £1.00.

You simply apply the mask to clean dry skin allowing it to dry before washing it off. I find the mask easy to apply to my skin. It's just like slapping a load of melted chocolate onto your face, which makes the whole experience a lot nicer. The mask smells great and the smell lingers on your skin as the mask dries. I find the mask dries in around ten minutes, although I like to leave it on for around twenty minutes so it's had a decent amount of time to soak into my skin. I then wash it off with warm water and pat my face dry.

The mask washes off easily and after use it leaves my skin looking (and feeling) great. I am always impressed with the results I get after using this mask. My skin feels much softer, it looks a lot brighter and overall my complexion just looks a lot clearer. The kaolin (mud) in the mask also helps with oil control, which is something that benefits me as my skin is usually VERY oily.

I would definitely recommend these face masks. They're great value, fun to use and lovely and relaxing. They're perfect for a girly night in or as part of a sleepover hamper.

Where can I buy them from? I've seen these face masks for sale in the following stores:

Boots
      99p Stores
      Poundland

Worth trying!

28.03.2015 13:15

Advantages

• "Great breakfast treat"

Disadvantages

Really tasty treat.

These are mini frozen croissant from supermarket Waitrose.

We buy them occasionally as a breakfast treat and they make a low hassle alternative to buying fresh. They are ideal for special days, weekend mornings, birthdays etc. This small size is great for kids too.

These are part of a range of frozen breakfast goods that include pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins, larger croissants, and mixed butter pastries.

The ingredients are Wheat flour, Charentes butter (milk), water, sugar, yeast, wheat gluten, pasteurised free range egg, salt, emulsifier mono- and diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, flour treatment agent ascorbic acid.

To cook them remove all packaging and place on baking tray. Cook for 10-12 mins in an oven at preheated to 200°C (Fan: 180°C) or Gas Mark gas 6. Like all products like this they cook quite fast an you have to keep an eye on them so as to not burn them, particularly if you oven runs quite hot.

The quality is nice and they're better than buying pastries the day before and keeping them overnight for breakfast and the fact that they're freshly cooked and warm whenever you want to prepare them is a big bonus rather than buying ones already cooked from the bakery which get dry quite quickly. We also really like the pain au chocolat which is in the same range.

The cost £2.79 for a pack of 12 but at the time of writing are part of a 2 for £5 offer.

• Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick / Make Up / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 12:58

Advantages

• "no adverse reaction with this colour. Only negative colour ever experienced awas with plum beautiful. "
      • "PINK MOCHA VERY GOOD"

Disadvantages

• "inflammatory reaction for first time with boots"
      • ""
      • "plum beautiful needs retesting"

Plum Beautiful in Moisture Drench Lipstick needs retesting. Unusual problem

Used Boots lipsticks for many years without ever having a problem until I tried a new shade, plum beautiful in the moisture drench range. ( No problems with Pink Mocha.)
      I have been in touch with boots to retest Plum Beautiful as I experienced an inflammatory reaction which may have been due to the dye used.

• Waitrose / Highstreet Shopping / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.03.2015 12:54

Advantages

• "Really calm environment to shop in."

Disadvantages

A great shop for good ingredients and a calm experience.

Having shopped at several different Waitrose stores for several years I have to say it's my favourite supermarket by a long way.

Waitrose seems to have a very different ethos and attitude to its customers than other stores and feel slightly old fashioned when it comes to customer service. There's a sense of the customer always being right but also the staff are really respectful and tend to seem quite calm and like they've got the time to deal with you which is unusual in this day and age.

The Stores tend to be laid out in a simple and relatively uncluttered manner with wide aisles and without tons of random baskets of things littering aisles. It also a great shop if you are a keen cook as it's an easy store to pick up basic and unusual ingredients that don't often get found in supermarkets.

The brand range tends to be a bit more upmarket & more expensive but in general even the Waitrose essentials range is great quality and I like that I can pick up nicer quality skin-care there.

Most of the time when we visit Waitrose all the checkouts are open even if the store is quiet which makes the process of paying less stressful and avoids queues. The only time we've found a store hectic was on Christmas eve but even then staff where controlling the queuing which helped to keep the store aisles relatively clear and the people queuing were in a good mood. This calm attitude is really great for those of us who tend to get a bit overwhelmed by high sensory input.

The only negative I have to say is that certain product lines can sell out fast and we often have to find an alternative for things we buy regularly. Not a big deal but maybe some stores need a little more stock of popular items/offers or to restock shelves more often.

• Motorola Moto E / Mobile Phone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.03.2015 12:03

Advantages

• "Very long battery life. "
      • "Great value smartphone"

Disadvantages

• "Fixed focus camera."

Good value smart phone.

The Motorola Moto E is a budget touch screen smartphone retailing for well under £100. Mine cost £59 but they seem to be available in the £50-£99 range as sim free phones.

I initially got this phone as a short term replacement for another smart phone that came to the end of its life.

My main attraction to this phone was the low price and long battery life. The long battery life has proven to stand up to claims and it's a fab phone that in low use (just for phone and light app use) will last me 3 days before it needs charging). Having had other very expensive and fast phones that run a host of demanding apps brilliantly but drain the battery fully in a few hours I decided to approach this phone purchase a little differently. My first consideration was battery life, the second was cost and the third a nice solid feeling phone that would stand up to everyday life. The Moto E has so far full filled all my criteria.

The Screen on the phone is Gorilla glass, has a nice clear image and is a responsive to touch as you would expect from a modern smart phone. The phone feels solid and it's got quite a big battery so is a fair bit thicker than many smart phones.

The reason I think this phone is cheaper is that some corners have been cut when it comes to features. This phone has no 4G and the camera is fixed focus. These are features that I don't miss particularly as I live in an area with minimal phone signal let alone 4G and carry a camera day to day anyway. The battery is also a permanent fixture in the phone which is unusual.

I think this would be a great phone for a teenager or someone who wants access to apps without the worry of owning a very expensive phone that could get lost, damaged or stolen. The android interface has it's own twist but will be familiar to anyone with experience of other android phones.

I've not noticed the phone to be slow even though it has a relatively slow processor but choosing the apps you use carefully makes a big difference. Also using a cache cleaner and battery management app can help keep your phone running smoothly since you are made aware of what is running in the background draining resources.

Overall I'd recommend the phone especially to those who want a nice phone to use on pay as you go.

• hotelchocolat.com / Online Shop / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      28.03.2015 11:41

Advantages

• "High quality chocolates."
      • "Huge Gift collection"

The Taste Of Luxury!

Hotel Chocolat is a company that sells exclusive, high quality chocolate products. I have used the site to send gifts to family members as I feel the quality of the chocolate is a little bit more special and unique than other brands available on the high street. Although Hotel Chocolat have some high street stores there is not one near enough to me to visit and it's also very easy and convenient to arrange a gift service from their website.

The online store sells a variety of boxes of chocolates arranged for different occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, congratulatory events and many more. You can browse through the selections by using the menu at the top of the main page. They also feature chocolate items which are seasonal so they have Easter eggs and Christmas chocolates etc. As well as their gift selections they offer smaller items like slabs and batons, sharing packs, products relating to chocolate making as well as spirits and wines that are cocoa infused or which are complimentary to their chocolates. They also have options for vegans and vegetarians as well as gluten free options. In general they have a huge collection with lots of options in terms of pricing from less than £10 to products costing well over £100. They also have a 'Tasting Club' opportunity online which may be of interest to chocoholics!

I have only ever used the site to order boxes of chocolates to send to my family as gifts. I would say that the price of the products at Hotel Chocolat is quite expensive. The items that are cheapest on the site tend to be quite small. However, having also received some of their products as gifts myself I can confirm that the price does match the quality of the products. The recipients of my gifts have also been really pleased with their deliveries.

During the ordering process you are able to personalize a message to your recipient. Delivery costs extra but can be arranged for a specific date and are delivered by special parcel delivery. I have not had any problems with the items I've ordered and they have been delivered promptly and when they are supposed to be.

I think the quality and uniqueness of the products sold by Hotel Chocolat is what makes it worth using the company. They taste absolutely amazing. It is possible to sample some of their items if you ever pass a high street store. I personally love their Classic Signature Collection as it contains a variety of chocolate truffles and centres which are guaranteed to suit any taste.

I would certainly shop here again and would recommend to anyone looking for a special gift for a loved one.

• Asus ZenFone 5 / Smartphone / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.03.2015 11:40

Advantages

• Camera
      • Kitkat
      • Android
      • Display
      • Speed
      • Colours
      • Beauty
      • Slim

Disadvantages

• "Untrustable Brand"

Go For It For Best Features

This is the review of Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone powered by Android. It is a mid-range budget android smartphone, very beautiful and stylish and packed with pretty good hardware and premium build quality with metal textures on the bottom. Zenfone 5 was released in April 2014.

It is 10.3 mm thick and weighs just 145 grams. Out of the box it boots into Android 4.3 Jellybean, which is upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat).

Asus Zenfone 5 has 5 inch LCD Display with the resolution of 720 x 1280 and protect by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The pixel density is 294 ppi.

On the back there is a 8 megapixels autofocus camera with LED flash which can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. The front facing camera is 2 megapixels which provides better image quality during video calls.
      Asus Zenfone 5 is powered by Intel Atom ZZ2580 ( Dual Core 2GHz) / Z2560 (Dual Core 1.6 GHz ) processor , and 1 / 2 gigabytes of ram . The GPU is PowerVR SGX544MP2. It is available in both 8gb and 16gb internal memory versions and there is a micro sd card slot which supports up to 64GB. It has Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Wi-Fi b/g/n, FM, supports micro usb 2.0.
      The Battery is 2110 mAh. The price of this smartphone is about 200$, and is available in variety of colors.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.03.2015 11:33

Advantages

• "Super fast delivery "

Disadvantages

I would recommend

So far so good, I'm loving the lapto.

• Huawei Ascend P6 / Smartphone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.03.2015 11:25

Advantages

• Colors
      • Weight
      • Display
      • Camera
      • Design
      • "Pure Performance"
      • Slim

Disadvantages

• "Heatup Issue"

Huawei Ascend P6 The Slimmest Smartphone With Smart Hardware

Huawei Ascend P6 Smartphone. Ascend P6 is well designed smartphone and Huawei did a great job by fitting some really good hardware in such a thin device which is just 6.1 mm thick. This smartphone was released in June 2013 and became very famous because of its design and specifications. The phone is very light weight , just 120 grams.
      The Ascend P6 is one of the best mobile out now by Huawei. It has 4.7 inch HD IPS LCD Display with the resolution of 720x1280 which looks very crispy and bright, and its protected by Gorilla glass. The view angles are very good and the bezels are very thin. Ascend P6 is powered by 1.5 Ghz quad core processor and 2 gigabytes of ram. It has 8 megapixel rear camera which can shoot 1080p videos at 30 fps. The good thing in this phone is that it has 5 mp front facing camera which is very good to capture selfies. The front camera can also shoot 720p videos.

Out of the box, the Huawei Ascend P6 runs Android 4.2.2 Jellybean OS, and Huawei's very own User interface , called , EMOTION UI which is based on Jellybean 4.2 .
      In terms of Connectivity and other specs, The Ascend P6 is a dual sim smartphone with dual standby , but keep in mind that the sims are not hot swappable. It supports micro sims. Wifi and GPS is present as most of the smartphones have it. The only Single sim version of this phone has a extended micro Sd card slot. The battery is Non Removable 2000mAh which can be fully charged in less than a hour.

Overall, if you like slim and stylish smartphones, Ascend P6 is for you. Its a complete package of both design and hardware, but only one thing, The Battery, which i consider not good enough to hold charge while gaming, but it can last longer in normal usage. For the price, its a good choice.

• LG G3 / Mobile Phone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.03.2015 11:21

Advantages

• Display
      • Processor
      • Slim
      • Design
      • Performance

Disadvantages

• Price

LG best Smartphone Of The G Series

This is the review of Lg G3 smartphone powered by Android. LG G3 is the Best Smartphone of LG Electronics, simply the most powerful innovation in the history of LG Smartphones. It is packed with the fastest hardware and sharpest Display till date. It is biggest competitor of its rival smartphones like Galaxy S5, Xperia Z2, Htc one M8. In this review I will discuss the main features and specifications of LG G3 please have a look.
      Design :
      The LG G3 is the latest LG Smartphone announced on May 2014. The Design follows the previous LG G2 smartphone but this time the finishing is more premium because of metal. It is 8.9mm thick and weighs 149 grams. On the back there is cover for the camera just like it was on LG G2. Out of the box, G3 boots into Android 4.4 KitKat with some custom changes in its User Interface.
      Display and Camera:
      LG G3 has a 5.5 inch QHD ( four times HD ) display with the resolution of 1440 x 2560 which is the best display from LG out now. The Pixel density is 534 ppi. This means that the images are even more crispier and details are more realistic due to this incredible display resolution. The screen is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
      The other main improvement in LG G3 is the camera. G3 has 13 mega pixels OIS+ Camera ( Optical Image Stabilization) with laser auto focus technology which enables this phone to reduce the blur and it also measures the distance to the object providing best quality photos even in the dark, thanks to the dual led flash. The 13 mp rear camera is capable to shoot 2k ( 2160p ) videos at 30 fps and 1080p videos at 30 fps with HDR as well. The front facing camera is 2.1 mega pixels which can also shoot 1080p videos @30fps.
      Performance and Connectivity

The LG G3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad Core 2.5 Ghz processor and 3 gigabytes of ram. It is the fastest Qualcomm processor out now. The GPU is Adreno 330. The internal memory is 32 gigabytes which is further expandable up to 128gb. The sound quality is awesome because the it also got 1 watt speaker and Dolby mobile sound enhancement. In terms of connectivity, It has all the required features like NFC, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth V4 etc.

The battery is 3000mAh which provides long lasting standby time. This phone as available in different premium colors and Costs about 700$.

28.03.2015 11:20

Advantages

• "None for me!"

Disadvantages

• "NOT for oily skin types!"
      • "It cakes and flakes"
      • "Bad coverage"

It literally looked like I had rubbed SAND into my face!

I usually love The Body Shop products, however I was disappointed with this one. This BB Cream is part of the Vitamin E range from The Body shop and it costs £11 per 50ml tube. I paid a little less as I bought it as part of a 40% off promotion as a "Love Your Body" member. The BB Cream comes presented in an attractive looking pink tube with a flip top lid. The BB Cream comes in just the one shade.

The BB Cream is a moisturiser and a foundation in one and it is to be applied straight over bare skin, so the store assistant told me. I was told that if I applied it over moisturiser it would look too greasy as I have oily skin. I first used this as directed, straight over bare skin. Within half an hour my skin looked shiny, greasy and my oily skin was worse than ever. I applied powder over the top of it on my second application but my skin still looked incredibly greasy. I wasn't happy. On my THIRD application I used a little primer beforehand but the BB Cream caked, thus flaking off and looking like I had rubbed sand into my face. This was NOT a good look!

I attempted to use the BB Cream a few more times but nothing worked, it was not suitable for my skin type. In the end I had to return it and I was told it may have been part of a bad batch. I was given another tube to try. The second tube was the same as the first. The consistency was awful, the BB Cream caked again and it left my skin looking as shiny as the first one did.

I gave the tube to my mum in the end who happened to like it so at least it didn't go to waste! My mum has dry skin though so her skin type is different to mine, perhaps that's why it worked for her and not for me.

Overall this was a bad experience for me. I thought the consistency was terrible, the "coverage" was shocking and it DEFINETELY is NOT for oily skin types.

Not your best product Body Shop!

• Nokia Lumia 930 / Mobile Phone / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 11:17

Advantages

• Display
      • Speed
      • Windows
      • Design
      • Slim

Disadvantages

• Price

Awesome Nokia Windows Smartphone

It’s the Windows Phone 8.1 OS based smartphone made by Nokia.
      It is 9.8 mm thick and weighs 167 grams.
      Nokia Lumia 930 has a 5 inch Full HD Amoled capacitive touch screen with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
      On the back, there is 20 mega pixels camera , with Carl Zeiss Optics Lens and dual led flash.
      The camera is capable for optical image stabilization , and can also it can shoot 1080p videos @ 30fps.
      The front facing camera is 1.2 megapixels and it can shoot 720p hd videos.
      Nokia phones are famous for its comparable camera quality and this phablet also got the Pureview technology, due to which this phone can capture more detail in any situation even in low light it can produce less grainy images as compared to other camera phones.
      The phone is powered by one of the fastest and up to date processors of its time of release, that is Qualcomm snapdragon 800 quad core processor at the clock speed of 2.2Ghz and 2 gigabytes of ram. The GPU is Adreno 330.Lumia 930 is available in 32gb internal memory , and It does not support external micro SD card.
      Gps and NFC is provided, Wifi is Dual Band a/b/g/n/ac. The battery is 2420mAh.
      The phone is available in different colors

• Apple iPhone 5S 32 GB / Smartphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 11:08

Advantages

• Slim
      • Touch
      • weight
      • speed
      • performence
      • features
      • camera
      • body
      • design
      • Display

Disadvantages

• Price

Most Advanced and More Powerful Than You Think

IPhone 5s by Apple Inc. It is the best smartphone yet available designed by Apple. It is Beautiful, Luxurious, Stylish, Blazingly fast high end phone which is designed by advanced technology .
      iPhone 5s was released on September 20, 2013 in an event held by Apple along with another mid-range iPhone 5c, But unfortunately, iPhone 5c couldn't get much attention because of its build quality, and iPhone 5s showed positive response from the iPhone lovers and sold 9 million units on its first weekend of release along with 5c. This was the best-selling phone in September 2013 and also broke Apple's sales record. iPhone 5s is a high end smartphone in its series and has many improvements and new architecture, new hardware and a lot of new features which aren’t available in previous iPhone 5.
      In this review, I will discuss the new features, and specifications of iPhone 5s.
      Design:
      The iPhone 5s is designed beautifully. Its slim, sleek n stylish, light, and easy to hold in hands. Apple once again did a good job by providing the best protection with Corning Gorilla Glass, and Oleophobic coating.

Dimensions are:
      Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm
      Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
      Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
      Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)

Features:
      The new features in iPhone 5s are The New A7 Chip, which is fast enough and made iPhone 5s the first 64-bit Smartphone in the world
      New iSight Camera gets even more better with Dual Led Flash enables to capture more realistic and colourful images even in low light. The camcoder is also capable of making 120fps 720p video in slow motion. Other camera features are video stabilization, HDR, Burst Mode, facetime and panaroma.
      One of the impressive feature in the new iPhone 5s is its fingerprint sensor in its home button which makes the user feel more secure.

• Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB / Smartphone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.03.2015 09:58

Advantages

• Sensors
      • Speed
      • Camera
      • Colours
      • Performance
      • Sleek
      • Features
      • Display

Disadvantages

• Price

The Galaxy S5 is latest and the most powerful member of the Galaxy S series

The Korean Company announced this beast smartphone in February 2014 in an event at Mobile World Congress 2014 in Spain and it succeeded to get the user's attention due to its fancy features, fast capturing camera, more durability, even more improved display than the previous Galaxy s4 which was released last year.
      The Galaxy S5 is latest and the most powerful member of the Galaxy S series with best Amoled screen out now which gives better viewing angle and good contrast in direct sunlight. It is just 8.1mm this and weighs 145g.
      It is Powered by Snapdragon 801 2.5Ghz processor and 2 Gigabyte of ram, 5.1 inch Full HD Amoled Display at 1080p, 16mp camera, 2800mAh extended battery, Fingerprint scanner at home button which is Paypal certified and heart rate Monitor at the back, and boots Android 4.4 Kitkat out of the box. When we talk about durability and protection, the Samsung Galaxy s5 is IP67 certified dust and water resistant upto 1 minute and 30 minutes. It is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 also. In terms of connectivity, this phones has USB 3 connectivity also which is backward compatible to USB2.0.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown