• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.03.2015 01:51

Advantages

• "Got what was promised"
      • Fast

Disadvantages

recommend using their service

Fast and quick service got my product and was really happy about it

• Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.03.2015 00:32

Advantages

• "Cheaper then other brands"
      • "Leaves shine "
      • "Quick dry"

Disadvantages

Great product does what it says on the packet

This is one of my favourite nail products as it saves me lots of time. The most annoying thing once painting your nails is to have to sit there for an hour until the nails are dry to touch! Once applying a coat of this nails are touch dry within 4 mins, great if you are in a hurry or simply don't have time or patience to wait! I usually paint my nails 15 mins before I go to bed and using this top coat means that when I wake up my nails are dry and without any marks or smudges! Time saver!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      03.03.2015 00:18

Advantages

• "The PC is as good as I had hoped."
      • " concise setup instructions."
      • Clear
      • " had no fear of any damage."
      • "Safely packaged"
      • "Easy to customise the build."
      • "Easy to use website."

Disadvantages

Excellent service, superb PC

PC Specialist have provided a second-to-none service and I am exceptionally pleased with my new PC. I was particularly and pleasantly surprised by how quickly the machine was built and dispatched, having gone with the free delivery option with build time of 5-7 working days - I think mine was built in two days after order and dispatched on the third. I was also surprised that, when customising the build and proceeding to order, the website advised that I choose a cheaper power supply than the one I had selected, because the power supply I had chosen was nearly twice as much as the minimum calculated by the website; they could have easily let me buy the more expensive option but they didn't. The PC itself is superb and does exactly what I wanted. I had a teething issue that turned out to be my own fault, and the tech support was very swift and helpful, so I'm confident that should I ever have another issue with the PC, I can get the help required.

03.03.2015 00:03

Advantages

• "Cute design"

Disadvantages

• "Does not hold interest"

Does not hold interest

We live in modern world and kids naturally want what they see by their parents. Few weeks ago my friend was complaining to me, that her sweet 1 year old daughter threw her smartphone on the floor. That was when I suggested her to buy her daughter her own phone. Of course a toy one. So we went in the shops and in about third one we came across Fisher Price Chatter Phone.

The design of the toy phone is very cute. Two big eyes, big smile and red cheeks. That is what should attract a one year old, right? Well at least we thought so. The phone has a practical four wheels and a cord that the kid can pull it everywhere with him along.

According to the box, the phone should encourage baby to role play. It did not encourage my friends' daughter at all. When we gave her the present later that afternoon, we waited impatient for the reaction. But instead of cheer we heard cry after just five minutes. The first problem was with the cord for pulling the toy along. It is way to short. Mu friends ended more lifting the phone than pulling. We tried another approach and showed her how to use the phone. She tried it once, but lost quickly interest. Instead she went in the living area and came back with my friends iPhone in her little hands.

I guess the design was for my friends' daughter too weird since she is not used to this phone looks. And it was not practical either. After few days it ended on the bottom of a toy box.

• Panasonic SC-HC 29 EG / Hifi System / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.03.2015 23:42

Advantages

• "Good customer service"
      • "High quality sound"
      • "Great design"

Disadvantages

Will never regret this purchase!

I bought this micro system about three weeks ago from Amazon for £126. It is definitely not one of the cheapest on the market, but it is still affordable for a normal consumer.

The design of this Panasonic SC-HC 29 EG is absolutely stunning. I normally find on each electronic product I purchase something wrong with the design, but this HiFi blew me totally away with its precision. The device comes in black color and is very small by 19.7 cm height and 40 cm width. It is very light as well, weighting only 2.2kg. The whole system runs on 2 AA batteries which were included in the box.
      The control buttons are on the top of this HiFi. It is very easy to use. And if you have any troubles, the customer service was very helpful and answered all my questions promptly.

This small micro system has a USB socket and a CD drive. Connectivity is possible via Bluetooth or Near Field Communication, which is very practical by connecting with modern smartphones. It paired me up perfectly with all external devices. The sound quality is excellent and I enjoy listening to my music far more than from my laptop or smartphone. This HiFi is ideal for a smaller room at home, but not for a overcrowded garden party.

I would recommend to buy this Panasonic SC-HC 29 EG. Although the price is definitely not the lowest you will get a high quality and good looking product. This product is different from all the others - it has Everything I was looking for!

02.03.2015 23:34

Advantages

• "Great alternative to a standard bowl mixer"
      • "Can use as Hand Mixer if needed"
      • "Good Value"

Disadvantages

• "Bit loud (Well mine is)"

A great, excellent value alternative to a stanard bowl mixer which you'd pay £100's for!

I bought this great mixer from Tesco in the sale around 3 months ago. The mixers come in some really great pastel colours which instantly attracted us to it as it goes with everything in our kitchen. Since we purchased this, as we were so happy with it, we then further purchased a Breville blender and kettle too, also in the sale at Tesco!
      You don't even realise that all you are really buying is a hand mixer with a stand which links to a bowl. It is really good quality, many speed settings, easy to clean and not to mention it looks great just sat on the worktop! We are no professional bakers so this mixer suits us just fine and takes the effort out of mixing all types of ingredients. We have used it to whip up cream, make batter for our yorkshire puddings and cake mix for my partners delightful chocolate cake!mmmm! We are very very happy with this purchase and is the reason why we trust the Breville brand and purchased other products. One slight downside is that the mixer is a little bit loud when on the stand. I thought this may have been just ours, maybe a slightly dodgy one from the shop, but after reading other reviews, it appears to be the case that is just loud! It does 'whistle' a little bit when on medium speeds.

Overall it is fantastic. the rotating bowl helps to mix ingredients perfectly and the price of it is just great! Definately purchase!

• Nip & Fab Spot Fix / Skin Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 23:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

I'll eat my hat then...

I'm always backwards about coming forwards to try new products.
      I tend to find that my skin can be crafty and when it is used to a product that I have been using after 6 -12 months the blemishes reappear.

On advice of a dermatologist and various websites I now change my cream to catch the spots out.
      This range was a surprise hit.

The three main ingredients are:
      ECALYPTUS
      TEA TREE
      VITAL ET
      SALICYLIC ACID

And one of these should do the trick although I am quite nervous around tea tree oil, t did the opposite for my skin when I was a teenager. But now I have more mature skin it handles this ingredient a lot better now.

The product should only be applied to the individual spot not all over as the tube is too small and you won't have this for long.
      In the past, I have found that these 'wonder' treatments that are meant to reduce the spot overnight doesn't work. I thought 'I'll eat my hat if it does.' and it did! I'll get back to you about the hat.
      This was very cooling to the skin on application and firmed up the area also reducing any signs of oily skin.
      This significantly reduced the size so that when I applied foundation it was barely visible and on some they disappeared completely.

I would highly recommend buying this as a S.O.S and leaving it in your makeup bag in those desperate times when a spot appears when you least need it.

• Garmin zumo 660 / GPS Sat Nav / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.03.2015 23:12

Advantages

• "Speedy updates"
      • "Nice design"
      • "Very accurate"

Disadvantages

Great and very accurate GPS

When I purchased Garmin zumo 660 I was very skeptical. Even I am a quite technical type, till then I was using old classy paper maps on my travels. But few trips with my friends who called me old school brought me to the conclusion, that it is time for change.

This Garmin zumo 660 has a very nice design. In the box it comes with USB cable for data connection and charging and media package that includes the DVD required to initialize, register the system and get the mapping software and tools installed on a computer. The installation is pretty easy, it took me just about five minutes and I was ready to hit the road.
      The display of the GPS is very clear and the processing and presentation of map data is fast and very accurate. It took me some time to get used to the voice talking me where I should go, but after about an hour in the car I didn't have any difficulties. But I think it was just the case of a first time user.
      The map updates are very speedy and I never ended in another place than I wanted.
      The option of a stereo music stream via Bluetooth is a nice addition to this already great GPS.

In the end I never regretted my purchase of this GPS. I am still using paper maps sometimes, but I cannot imagine be without this device anymore. It saves me a lot time and prevents me from complaining from my friends.

02.03.2015 23:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fantastic foundation

I received a set of products from Shiseido including foundation and refills. This is honestly gorgeous on every level.

What strikes you about the brand and packaging is the professionalism is so high even how the product is packed. I've, personally, never seen foundation packed this way before not even high-end brands that are well known.

This foundation is packed in an airtight thick plastic that you need scissors to cut open and even the sponge is packed into an air tight bag and the sponge is absolutely soft and to the touch the sponge feels like marshmallow!

The scent of the foundation is exceptional. I had never smelt such nice foundation! It's perfumed. I have sensitive skin but didn't react to this product at all.
      The powder is really very fine and not heavy in the slightest. If you prep your skin well with a primer [I don't have a primer in this brand but used another and it was okay] then you will find that you need little of this to build up a foundation to cover blemishes and imperfections. If you don't you may need to add a little more powder.

This glided onto my skin, it was beautiful to use. I have no other words. I seriously have never tried foundation like this before and can't find anything close to it.
      The coverage was good but my skin looked and felt natural to the touch.
      My skin felt so soft and the foundation lasted all day long. I was wearing a scarf for most of the day and it didn't come off onto the dark scarf as it can do with other brands.
      This is a foundation with an SPF of 15, for 10g you can get the refill or product for £14. I now purchase mine from House of Fraser. It seems in recent years this has become more accessible and definitely online its reasonably priced now to try.

I would highly recommend this product and to check out the website as the tips and tricks are great x

• JBL SoundFly BT / Speaker / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.03.2015 23:05

Advantages

• "once set up it runs for ever"
      • "plugs into mains for power"
      • "Good sound quality"

Disadvantages

• "A little tedious to set up initially"

A small speaker that offers large sounds

In the box there was a leaflet that directed me to playstore in order to download an app in order to connect to this speaker in the blink of an eye, controlling the entire thing from your phone, changing the volume, switching track and more. In other words, what ever you can do using your standard music player on your phone you can do on this app.
      Apparently there is another of these which uses something called 'Airplay', but if you want the bluetooth version then make a

The speaker may only be the size of a childs shoe box, being about 185mm by 70 by 90, but it gives out some nice sounds which manage to get around the room with no trouble at all. The top of it pops off to reveal the two speakers inside, one either side, with a USB port in the centre of the unit. This USB port is so you can connect to the music player or PC in order to sets it up a little quicker than using Wi-Fi. But you still have to set up the Wi-Fi in order to use the wireless feature.

It is portable, to a point. By this I mean that you can move it from room to room so long as you have a plug socket to get power to the speaker. The mains socket is the only way this works, there's no battery and no wires, so it's plugging in or nothing. It came with two plugs, sort of, a two pin and a UK 3 pin. These plugs slot into the back of the main unit, clicking into place and staying there.
      It gives out 20watts of power,

The initial set up is a bit tedious, connecting to the wireless device, then to the router and the internet. But it is not too complicated and the leaflet explains it in a step by step procedure.
      Once done you're ready to get up and running, you just turn on your router, and your phones Wi-Fi, making sure the speaker is plugged in, and off you go.

When I first got this I was unsure as to what it could do, but once I plugged it in I was pretty impressed with the sound quality. There is no distortion at all and the wireless connection stays connected all the time. I was also expecting it to be a bit too heavy for the plug socket but it sits in there quite happily.

The only downside to this is the price, which is about £100, which is a bit too much for what is basically a speaker.

• vertbaudet.co.uk / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.03.2015 22:57

Advantages

• "Lots of sales"
      • "Free gifts"
      • "Beautiful clothing"

Disadvantages

• "Sizing is a little small"

Beautiful children's clothing and home accessories

I have been using Vertbaudet for a couple of years now. I have never once had a problem with any of my orders although occasionally some of the item take a little longer to arrive. But these items always have the estimated delivery date clearly stated next to them when you order them so this is not a problem.
      It is a french company selling baby, children's and maternity clothing as well as bedding, children's furniture, curtains and cushions.
      I find the clothes to be good value and they are very beautiful. I enjoy using Vertbaudet as their clothing range is a lot nicer and unique than other online children's clothing shops. I have bought clothes for both boys and girls through them in sizes from newborn up to 4 years.
      I have also bought several items from their home range which too are very beautiful.
      The prices are a little expensive but they have a lot of sales and if you sign up for their catalogue you are given discounts to use. I don't think I have ever paid full price for anything through them. As well as offering discount they also send you codes in the post for free gifts with your order. I am always extremely pleased with these gifts. We have received a children's bakeware set complete in a metal tin, a minnie mouse rucksack and a princess style sleeping bag with a detachable wand as well as other gifts.
      One downside to shopping with vertbaudet is that the sizes are a little small, I usually buy a size larger than I would usually order elsewhere and they seem to fit much better. My daughter is of a very slim and dainty build and still the leggings in her age group size are a little tight.

• Roberts ECO4 / Portable Radio / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 22:49

Advantages

• "high quality of sound"

Disadvantages

• "quite heavy"
      • "price around £80"
      • "unpleasant design"

Good performing but bad looking

I bought this radio for my mothers kitchen since she loves to listen to music while she is cooking. When we firstly opened the box, my mother was not so much pleased. Lets be honest, the design of this Roberts ECO4 is really not the best. I would even say it is quite on the bottom line when I compare it to other products. But I did not buy this radio for my mother to look on it but to actually use it, so after few minutes of convincing she eventually agreed that we at least try it out.

On the top of the radio are buttons for operating as well as small LCD. It has a very ugly green power button which does not fit at all with the blue lightening of the other buttons and the LCD display. The radio is quite heavy as well weighting about 2kg.

The radio is very easy to use and it came with 20 presets stations. It claims to have about 150 hours of battery life which is great especially because it save you a lot trips in store for new batteries. It has a standard socket for headphones. The headphones worked fine with the radio.
      The sound itself is in very high quality, probably the best I have heard from any portable radio.

But in the end it was my mothers decision and even the sound quality was amazing, she decided to return the radio because of the design. But for me personally the radio performed very well.

02.03.2015 22:39

Advantages

• "lasts really well"
      • "smells lovely"

Disadvantages

• "bottle doesn't look great (the one pictured is the Eau de Parfum NOT the Eau de Toilette!)"

Lighter version of a beautiful scent

Armani Code Eau de Toilette is available in a 50ml bottle priced at £47.50.

My thoughts

I loved the bottle of the original Armani Code, it looked really pretty with the floral design up the side and the colours worked really well, however I don't feel this one has the same impact. The colour of the floral design is quite insipid and doesn't provide the same contrast as the darker colour of the original, which is what made the original one stand out. I think this one just looks basically like a cheaper, more wishy-washy version of the original.

This scent is described as being a lighter variation of the original Armani Code. A simple description, but very true. It is just a lighter, more wearable version of the original Eau de Parfum.

The top notes are jasmine and orange, the mid notes are orange blossom, and the base notes are honey and vanilla. The overall scent is essentially the same as the original but lighter and with a fresher feel. It's floral with a very warm undertone from the vanilla and honey.

I do like this version of the scent, it's fresher and more suited to daytime wear than the original Eau de Parfum, but it still has the same warm, rich, seductive feel to it as the original.

I don't think this scent would suit the very young, it has a slightly more mature feel to it to me, but other than that I think any woman could wear it without it seeming out of place. Along with the original Eau de Parfum version it is one of my most complimented perfumes, especially by men.

Just a couple of sprays is enough to get a lovely amount of fragrance which is strong enough to be noticeable but not too strong so as to be overpowering. It lasts really well, in fact it's probably the longest lasting eau de toilette I've used, and I can still smell it 24 hours after applying it.

Recommended?

Yes, I would recommend this scent if you're after a lighter version of the original Armani Code.

02.03.2015 22:37

Advantages

• "Fun and simple"

Disadvantages

Beautifully illustrated classic children's book

I love this children's book, it was my favourite story from childhood. I had been looking around in shops for it for quite some time to buy it for my children but I had been unable to find it so I decided to look online and found it straight away.
      Each peach pear plum is a simple but enjoyable book written in rhyme. Each page is limited to one short and catchy sentence which helps keep children's attention. The rhyme is simple and the books include a variety of children's fairytale characters including Cinderella, the three bears, little Bo-peep and the wicked witch. The rhyme itself is simple enough that young children are able to read along with it. Each page is beautifully illustrated and concentrates on a particular character. The book encourages children to interact with the story by 'spying' the characters hidden in the pictures.
      The detailed illustrations and hidden characters along with the catchy rhyme really make this an enjoyable book to read with my children. We often find ourselves reading it two or three times in a row as both of my children enjoy it so much and it is not too long either. My daughter has fun trying to guess the hidden character on the next page before I turn it over.
      The rhyme is enjoyable and memorable (I still remember the entire book off by heart from when I was a child!) and a pleasure to read. I would definitely recommend this to all young children as it is fun, simple and encourages interaction with your child.

02.03.2015 22:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Enter if you dare!

In a way, I'm sorry that I've already been to York Dungeon, as nothing beats that first time you jump, squeal or nervously look over your shoulder in this spine tingling journey into history in all it's blood curdling horror.
      From the moment you join the queue you are at the mercy of the ghoulish characters who lead this experience and once inside, you enter a rocky journey between hysterical laughter and shattering squeals as the guides in each individual story spin quickly from humour to horror.
      Each story has it's own set and own leading character within it, the tongue in cheek humour making this experience just about suitable for older children but there are loud bangs, it is very dark and some bits really do scare you silly, so it's really up to parental judgement.
      The acting in the individual sets is very good and the actors seem very enthusiastic about what they do, even though they must go through the process several times a day.
      Us visitors do get involved- some of us had no choice and its amazing how quickly you bond as a group when faced with terror around the next dark corner!
      Tickets can be bought on line and you can choose a time slot, or on the day at the attraction and queues can be long, so I'd say don't leave it too late on the day of your visit to York.
      If you want to hear the less delightful elements of history, warts and all, take a deep breath and enter the dungeon. When you stop shaking with laughter, then fear, then laughter at the end, you'll be glad you did.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown