• VTech Sing & Soothe Mobile / Nursery Furniture / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Kept our baby happy while it lasted!

We bought this mobile for our daughter's crib during a phase of having difficulty in soothing her at night. I think she was a few months old. I remember that we relied on it quite heavily so clearly we found it to be an effective soother and we had a huge stash of batteries that we had to change in a hurry mid bedtime routine when they ran out.

The mobile is a fairly chunky plastic affair with five little soft toy insects hanging down - a butterfly, a dragonfly, a bee, a ladybird and a bird. When in use they turn around in a circle, and this totally entranced our baby, she loved to watch them. In fact I used to change her nappy next to her crib so she could watch them to keep her happy while changing her clothes and nappy.

This mobile plays music and considering that we listened to the lullabies over and over again, they were not too annoying! You can choose from different timer settings so you can put the music on and it will turn off after ten, fifteen or twenty minutes, depending which you set it to.

This product did not actually last that long, hence the three star rating, and no longer worked after around four months. However, we got a LOT of use out of it during that time, and it was very effective for us during a difficult sleep phase. We kept the little toys and she liked to play with them for a long time afterwards, they were the perfect size to hold in her hand.

• Wheelybug Ride-on Toy Small Ladybird / Baby Toy / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great ride on toy for toddlers

My Daughter has been lucky enough to receive some brilliant gifts from friends and family and this was one such present. It is one of my favourite toys that she has received and she absolutely loves it too. She treats her ladybird as a kind of pet and pats her on the head and says hello. When she was just learning to walk she turned it around and used it as a kind of walker. The wheels on this toy turn quite quickly but we often took it to the local park so she could run around in an open space with it and she had great fun with it. The bumpy grass slowed it down somewhat so it was perfect for her around the age of one year old.

Now that she is turning two she is actually getting a little too big for it but she still gets a lot of use from it. The bigger version would be better suited to her now, although the small one is pitched at ages one to three years. To play with it now she does scoot herself around and she also likes to put her feet up and ask me to push her through the house at top speed. Another favourite game to play with her ladybird is to sit her teddies on it and take them for a ride around the house.

This ride on toy is easy for little feet to manoeuvre and they have a good, high quality design which look good. Our one is well used but still looks as good as new.

04.08.2015 22:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Annoying for parents but loved by babies!

My Daughter received this as a gift when she was around four months old. She still plays with it now at 2 years old.

This toy is designed to look like a sort of laptop, with a flip lid. It is appealing to babies and toddlers with a puppy face that speaks to them. It has a sturdy handle for carrying and big colourful buttons that are easy to use. The buttons have the numbers one, two and three on them and are in the shapes of a square, a triangle and a heart. There is also a star button and a button with a musical note.

Other features include a spinning wheel containing coloured balls and a little 'biscuit' that slides up and down.

Honestly this is one of those toys that has been quite annoying for me as a parent. I have found the puppy's voice pretty irritating to listen to over and over again and always put it on the lowest of the two available volume settings.

However, my Daughter has really enjoyed this toy! At one stage it was absolutely her most favourite toy. She loves the songs and has learnt to sing 'Twinkle Twinkly Little Star' through playing with it. It hasn't kept her interest ever since she has had it, but after a month or two of being at the bottom of the toy box she has renewed interest in it when it is rediscovered.

I have a friend whose toddler also has this toy and enjoys it too. It offers the opportunity to learn about numbers, colours, shapes and music.

• BT Converse 425 / Telephone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:11

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Telephone

The BT converse range look like normal business or home-office telephones, but are intended to give some help for people who have difficulty with the phone. They include amplification and are hearing aid (telecoil) compatible. This phone is the top of the converse range.
      The amplification is good for those with a mild to moderate hearing loss - i.e. people who sometimes struggle when using a normal phone. If the hearing loss is more severe the telecoil and amplification through a hearing aid becomes essential. It also has a small light to show when it's ringing.
      The hands free option works extremely well, the speaker's voice is loud and clear.
      Some of the additional functions are superfluous, like the calculator. Much easier to use a normal calculator. The call timer is manual - you have to remember to start it at the beginning of a call. I'll still give the phone five stars as these functions are inessential anyway.
      Entering numbers into the directory is easy enough, but you have to be fairly quick as it times out if you spend too long double checking the number. Probably easier to have someone read numbers out to you as you enter them.
      The flashing light is useful - if you can't hear the phone ringing due to background noise there's a good chance you would see the flashing light if the phone's on your work desk. However, if at home, the flashing light would be too subtle to notice if you were watching TV for example.
      The LCD screen is large and clear. Shame it doesn't have a backlight. No problem in a bright office but again, at home, the display doesn't stand out.
      Overall, the phone is an enormous help if you need a little amplification, works superbly in hands free mode and has a relatively large memory (75 numbers) with quick access through the directory using the jog-wheel. The LCD and flashing light are probably more effective in an office than a less well lit living room.
      If you just need a basic phone with amplification, check the BT big buttons phone. But if you also need to store lots of numbers (with their names) this phone is worth the extra cost. It feels solid and well made, should have a substantial life.
      Finally, it feels comfortable to use for long periods!

• Sennheiser PX100-II / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice Pair Of Headphones

A musical all-rounder which lets you enjoy your personal favorites anytime and anywhere on your portable player or phone. Every detail has been attended to. These lightweight foldable headphones produce a warm, natural sound with a resounding bass and have won multiple awards. The open-back design is the key to delivering this great sound, while keeping you aware of activity near you when out and about on busy city streets. Available in smart black or cool white.

Amazingly powerful sound for their small size
      Unique, simple and sturdy fold-up design for easy and safe transportation
      Open-backed headphones produce a more natural, ‘true-to-life’, response

No matter where you enjoy listening to your music these headphones will provide hours of pleasure. The PX 100-IIs deliver a tremendous level of detail to the instruments, with enjoyable clarity while keeping the treble under control. Do be aware that the open design will mean others near you will hear your music and you will hear what's going on in the background too.

Features

High quality sound in a lightweight and travel friendly design - for every type of music
      Open-cell foam ear pads - allow you to hear your environment and keep your ears cool for longer periods of listening
      Comfortable design - with lightweight materials, soft foam ear pads and headband padding
      Robust materials ensure a long lifespan including a metal-hinged headband - for added strength
      Single-sided cable to prevent tangling
      Supplied with soft vinyl bag - for storage and protection

This headphone is compatible with any device with a 3.5mm headphone socket for audio, including MP3,iPod, iPhone (iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries).

04.08.2015 22:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

A high quality play kitchen that my Daughter loves!

I had seen this kitchen at other people's homes before buying it for our Daughter. Initially I had purchased a more inexpensive one for my 16 month old for Christmas but it was poorly made and a couple of items broke immediately so I returned it and bought this IKEA kitchen instead. Eight months later I have only positive things to say about it.

This kitchen has a lovely modern design and is gender neutral, which is nice because often play kitchens seem to be overly girlie. It has a a hob area with two red rings which light up red - this requires batteries - as if it is hot, a sink, a microwave, and two cupboards which can be used as an oven and as a storage area. There is a rail to hang utensils on. The utensils have to be bought separately but are only a few pounds. There is also a set of pans that can be purchased separately to make playing with this kitchen more fun.

This kitchen has three different height settings so it can be used for some time and can grow with your child.

This item is purchased as a flat packed product and needs to be assembled yourself. My husband tells me this play kitchen was fairly straight forward to assemble.

My Daughter has had lots of use from this toy and we keep it in the kitchen for her to play at cooking while I am cooking alongside her, which has the added bonus of helping me to get dinner made more easily. It allows her to use her imagination and she has developed her understanding of food by playing with this toy.

• Ikea Poang Armchair / Nursery Furniture / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 21:51

Advantages

• "Comfortable and relaxing"

Ikea Poang armchair

Having recently moved house I have been busy moving things round and trying to work out what goes where. I had more or less got everything in place but I realised that I needed a chair in the kitchen/diner as I spend a lot of time in this room and although there are the dining room chairs I wanted a nice neat chair to sit and read comfortably. A friend has got two of these chairs and I have always liked the so I had been on the Ikea website and was considering buying one although at £55 it was a bit too expensive at the present time.

So I had a look on Ebay and found someone selling one about ten miles away from me so I started to watch it. I say watch as I never bid straight away but will place my bid within a few seconds of it finishing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, as if there are a few people doing this then you don't have time to put another bid in if theirs is higher than yours. However this time it worked and I won it for just £10.50 which I was very pleased with as I had bid up to £20.

The one I bought is different to the one shown in the picture, as mine is light beech wood with a black fabric seat but you can also get them in different coloured wood and different coloured fabric options. The covers are fully detachable and are machine washable but as it is black and I will be the person using it the most I don't think I will have to do this very often but it is good to know that I can do it if needed. There is a cushion built into the seat and the back is quite high with it all being padded for comfort.

It doesn't have traditional legs but it has a square frame on the floor which extends up the front and then curves back into the arms so it is slightly bouncy to sit on which makes it very comfortable. There is a piece of wood across the front and underneat the cushion for support. I find that the chair is quite low so my feet can touch the floor which I don't always achieve as I am quite short, so this adds to the comfort for me.

I am so pleased with my purchase and would gladly have spent more as it was just what I wanted. This chair would be suitable for any room in the house and I would definitely buy another one if I needed a casual but very comfortable chair for the house

• Lavera Macadamia Body Wash / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 21:47

Advantages

• "Organic ingredients"
      • "Foams up quickly"

Nuts about passionflowers

I do like organic toiletries but I do find that they are often far more expensive than non organic ones so when I see them on offer I will buy them. I have used quite a few Lavera products and can say that they are really good quality and you don't have to use very much to produce good results.

] bought this Organic Milk and Honey bath and shower gel from Holland and Barratt when they had their buy one item and get the other one for a penny, so I got two tubes for £6.46. One tube obviously costs £6.45 which I just wouldn't pay for a shower gel but I think that £3.23 a tube is a decent price for such a luxurious and also organic product. Lavera products are 100% fragrance free and are not tested on animals. They are also free of colouring agents and synthetic preservatives so they are suitable for even the most sensitive skin.

The tube is 150ml and it has a photograph of macadamia nuts on the front. It has a white flip top which you click down securely after use to secure and the tube is easy to squeeze as it stands on the lid so the gel is always at the squeezy end. I find that I only need about a ten pence piece size of the gel to squeeze onto my sponge and this is enough for my whole body. I will rub it into the sponge until it starts to foam which it does very quickly and unlike some other shower gels the bubbles seem to increase as I am washing rather than disappearing so I never have to use a second squeeze.

It contains organic macadamia nuts and organic passionflower and it smells sweet and slightly floral and I can smell it on my skin for a long time after using it and my skin does feel soft and hydrated. I would say that this would be suitable for both sexes but as I keep my nice shower gels in my toiletry box this isn't going to happen in our house!

I do feel that I am giving my skin the best care by using this product as I know that I am not using any chemicals or unnatural ingredients. I do recommend this shower gel as it leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling lovely for a long time after using it with a natural smell rather than a synthetic smell. It is ideal to use every day for all skin types as it is kind to your skin and I am happy to recommend it and will definitely buy it again

04.08.2015 21:45

Advantages

• "Good Sound Quality "

Disadvantages

great one

Fast forward four days and this beautiful piece of hardware was in my hands and I was beside myself with joy.
      Unfortunately, this joy was short lived. Remember, this is a 2500Rs product so it should be evaluated accordingly.
      The sound quality is underwhelming. JBL products are usually high on the treble. This one delivers an adequate but not impressive amount of bass that comes at the cost of clarity. The higher frequencies are strangely muted. The JBL does a better job when playing poor quality mp3s than FLAC or CD formats.
      Some people have complained about tightness but this is not an issue even with my rather large head. The padding material around the drivers is soft and initially feels comfortable but after about 5 min of keeping the headphones on, your ears feel like they are each in their own personal sauna. In Bangalore this is something you can live with but in a hotter place using it in a non ac environment would be torture.
      Do I regret buying these headphones? At this price, no, but to pay anything more than 900Rs for them would be folly. It would be better to buy an entry level Sennheiser.
      If, like me, you're buying this as a stop gap option before splurging on an expensive pair, go for it. If this is going to be your only pair of headphones, look elsewhere buy generally from WS retail, but thought of taking a risk with new seller.
      FX audio also rocks with the best quality delivered

• Melissa & Doug Latches Board / Child Development / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.08.2015 21:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Excellent toy with lots of fun and learning opportunities

My Daughter received this as a Christmas gift when she was 16 months, and it has been one of her favourite toys. I have noticed it has also been extremely popular with all the babies and toddlers that have visited our house to play.

Melissa and Dough are a high quality brand that manufacture children's toys that are often educational and stimulating. Their products are quite expensive and this latches board retails at about £20 on Amazon.

The toy itself is a large sturdy board with 6 double doors. Each door has a different style of latch to open and close it. For instance, there is a bolt, a hook and eye and a chain. On the front of each door there are the numbers one to six and each is in a different bright colour. Behind each door there are pictures of animals that correspond to the numbers. For instance, there is a picture of one horse behind door number one and there is a picture of six fish behind door number six.

This toy is bright and colourful and intriguing to babies and toddlers, who immediately want to touch it. The main activity of mastering the different latches provides a lot of stimulation, and encourages the development of fine motor skills. There is also the opportunity to learn about numbers, colours and animals. I feel this is well worth the price tag. It was one of the more unusual gifts she received so I would definitely say it makes a good present. Most importantly my Daughter had lots of fun playing with it.

04.08.2015 19:53

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Various designs and colours"
      • Comfortable

Disadvantages

Comfortable sandals that are hard wearing

I have several pairs of these velcro fastening sandals and find them to be very comfortable and a good fit. After a fall I found that I couldn't wear mu usual type of sandals with heels and thin straps. I find that these look okay with trousers and longer skirts and they have been a very good buy for me in the time that I have needed something comfortable to wear. I have recently purchased another pair which are a neutral colour and have flower detail which makes them a very pretty footwear item.

The straps have a good strong velcro fastening and they have proved to be hard wearing and stay looking good for a long while even with plenty of wear.

Shoezone on a whole is a bit hit and miss with a lot of shoes not lasting longer than a few weeks and look like they have been made out of nothing more than a thin layer of cardboard covered in plastic. However these sandals are of good quality, very comfortable and come in a wide range of colours and styles but with the same comfort fittings and are hard wearing.

They are fourteen pounds and ninety nine pence to buy and I feel they are good value for money as they seem to last well. I have one pair that has got me through three Summers and a new pair bought in May which are proving to be as good as the previous pair.

I would definitely recommend these sandals to anyone wanting a comfortable pair of Sandals with velcro fastening adjustable straps.

• HP Pavilion P6-2065uk / Desktop PC / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.08.2015 19:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

A good buy

Was at first sceptical about getting this system, but was surprised at its functionality. The first thing that drew my attention to the system was its Hard drive size of 1.5 TB!! It also has a data buffer memory of 2 MB minimum which in my book is pretty amazing for big file transfer in minimum time. A Random access memory of 4 GB is still very manageable. And it has a speed of 10600 MB/sec. It runs a Intel Core i7 2600. The video graphics is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics which supports DX 10.1 which is a good news for high end games players. It was very easy to setup and when I decided to connect to the internet, it was fairly easy. The wireless mouse and keyboard also make carrying from one place to another a bliss as there are not much cable in the way. For the price it is offered and the hard drive memory storage coupled with the RAM, that is a fair deal. Another advantage I noticed is its quietness when it is working. The only con I noticed is that the process of setting up and using it for the first time is not really documented very well for people buying and using a system for the very first time, but if you have been familiar with setting up a new system or you had done one before, it is really easy to do. For the price and the functionality and features (hard drive space and RAM in particular), it is a really good buy.

04.08.2015 19:24

Advantages

• "Not too expensive"
      • "Suitable for newborns plus"

Disadvantages

An excellent pram which could serve your child the duration of their pram time!

The Chicco Simplicity Stroller is based on just that - simplicity. It is simple to maneouvre around while your little one is sitting in it, simple to adjust and simple to store when not in use. I decided to purchase it as I liked the design of it and the features it came with, and I was very impressed with it. I liked how it is suitable for basically your child's entire duration spent in a pram!

It's snug and simple design makes it ideal for newborns plus - it is recommended not to have any children over 15kgs in it though. It comes in two colours - red and black. I chose black and love it as it is classy! I love the features it comes with - a rain cover, folding hood and leg cover is included in the box when purchased. It has a 5 point safety harness which has shoulder and crotch pads, to ensure maximum safety whilst maintaining comfort. It is highly adjustible for when your little one grows, and always stops them from taking a tumble! The pram is fully reclinable for maximum comfort opportunities.

There is a handle at the front where the baby lies so they can sit up and enjoy viewing life from a more head on angle once they get a little older. The pram offers a foot rest at the bottom too for your toddler once they are of height.

The pram is made of a light aluminium frame, and has lockable front swivel wheels which makes it easy to navigate and put on brakes if you want to stop somewhere. It has a one piece handle which is height adjustible - and easily done so!

Chicco is a great brand and one I would always recommend to first time and more experienced mothers. This isn't the first product I have had from them but I really value them as a brand - they delivery consistent quality for great value! I enjoyed my time with this pram and think almost every mother could too.

There is space underneath for anything you want to bring out with you - ideal for blankets, nappies, bottles, anything you want. It is certainly spacious and helpful when going out as a family for the day! There is also the option of a bag at the handles if you have your own personal items to bring too.

I paid £149.99 for mine which I think is a great price and definitely fair.

I would recommend it to all mothers - experienced or new. I had a great experience with mine and find it serves a great purpose as well as looking great!

04.08.2015 19:03

Disadvantages

Good

HP's OfficeJet 5510 is an all-in-one colour printer, colour copier, colour scanner, and colour fax machine. This versatile unit is perfect for the home office or small business where space is at a premium. With HP's thermal inkjet print technology, resolutions for both black and colour prints are as high as 1,200 x 1,200, with 4,800 x 1,200 optimized dpi colour printing. Print speeds clock in at 17 ppm for black and 12 ppm for colour (maximum, draft mode; actual speeds will vary).

The 5510 has a standard input capacity of 100 sheets and up to 10 envelopes, with an output capacity of 25 sheets. It accepts a wide variety of originals, including paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, HP premium media, and iron-on transfers. Supported sizes range from 3 by 5 to 8.5 by 14 inches (using the 20 sheet automatic document feeder).

HP Director
      Access features and common tasks through the easy-to-navigate HP Director software. Depending on the capabilities of your HP all-in-one, the HP Director lets you initiate device functions such as scanning, copying, faxing, or unloading images from a digital camera or memory card. You can also use the HP Director to open the HP Gallery to view, modify, and manage the images on your computer.

When purchased in the box you get;
      HP OfficeJet 5510
      HP 56 black inkjet print cartridge
      HP 57 tri-color inkjet print cartridge
      Photo and imaging software
      HP memories disc creator on CD-ROM
      Setup poster
      Reference guide
      Power supply and power cord
      Phone cord
      HP photo paper sampler
      HP photo paper storage bag

04.08.2015 19:02

Advantages

• "Soft to the touch"
      • "Comfortable to wear"

Bow front ballerina shoes

I would say that the majority of my shoes are flatties like these as I wear them for work and have just got used to them really. I bought these flat ballerina shoes from Evans in the sale for £12 which is a good price as the full retail price is £24. They are plain black and they are a faux leather but they really do look and also feel like real leather.

They are lovely and soft to the touch and they just slip on so easily. To break up the plain look they have a fixed bow to the front which I think makes them look much more attractive. The heel is only about half a centimetre so they are basically flat but I find these kind the best to walk in and don't make my legs ache when I am standing up all day.

The sole is quite cushioned inside and I have worn them with pop socks and also bare feet and they are equally as comfortable. What I especially like about these shoes is that the front comes up your foot quite a bit which I find gives me more support. A lot of these ballerina shoes are really low down your foot which I don't like the look of. They are also quite high at the back which also gives you support and security.

I have had these shoes now for about five months and although they have give a bit they still fit my feet snugly and I have no worries about losing them when I am walking. These are one of my favourite pairs of shoes and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown