03.07.2015 14:15

Advantages

• "one a day"
      • "cheaper than other brands"
      • "easy to swallow"

Disadvantages

• "they ddin't work for me"

These might work for others but they didn't work for me.

ABOUT: I suffer from hayfever every year so I like to ensure I have plenty of tablets ready to start taking them as soon as hayfever season starts. I decided to go for Boots own brand as they are much cheaper than some of these other tablets and hay fever medicines that are available. These tablets are one a day and they are quite small so would be nice and easy to swallow. The tablets contain and ingredient called Loratadine, which may or may not work for all people. These are suitable for other allergies as well we hayfever.

PRICE: For 1 weeks supply of tablets (7 tablets) they cost £2.99 which I don't think was too bad compared to other hay fever products.

TAKING THE TABLETS: The tablets are small so are easy to swallow whole. As these are one a day I take one after waking up in the morning and don't have to worry about taking another one until the next day. At first I have to admit I thought the tablet were working but a few days into taking the tablets came the sneezing, runny nose and slightly itchy eyes. I continued taking the tablets for a few days but there was no improvement so I decided to stop taking these and choose something else instead. When speaking to the pharmacist at Superdrug she told me that the ingredient Loratadine obviously doesn't work for me so I need to try another tablet without this ingredient.

OVERALL: These might work for others but they didn't work for me.

• Piriton Allergy Tablets / Allergy & Hayfever / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      03.07.2015 14:07

Advantages

• "fast relief"
      • "small so easy to swallow"
      • "helps with different allergies"

Disadvantages

• nothing

Keeping my Hay Fever at bay!

ABOUT: I purchased these Piriton Allergy Tablets because I have been suffering for hay fever and the tablets I was originally taking weren't helping. These tablets provide fast relief from the symptoms of skin, food and pet allergies, hayfever, house dust mite allergies also also insect bites. As with all medicines check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking them and read the enclosed leaflet which comes with the tablets. I went for these tablets becaue they are small as I find it hard to swallow large pills.

PRICE: I purchased a box of 60 tablets from Superdrug for around £6.29 but you can also purchase these from Boots as well.

TAKING THE TABLETS: Adults can take one pill every 4-6 hours but must NOT take more than 6 pills in 24hrs. These can make you drowsy so you need to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery when taking these tablets. The tablets are round and are quite small. They are a beige colour and are nice and easy to swallow due to the pills being smooth. I have been taking a pill very 4hrs to keep my hayfever symptoms at bay. Since I started taking these a day ago my scratchy throat has now gone and I am not sneezing anymore at all. My nose does feel a little stuffy still but it's no-where near as bad as it was. My eyes haven't been itchy since I started taking these either. I actually find that these don't make me feel too drowsy which is good. When taking these you should also avoid drinking alcohol.

OVERALL: These are great allergy tablets and ones that I am going to continue to use.

• Guatemala / Destination International / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.07.2015 12:03

Advantages

• "Adventure Activities"
      • "Historical Sites"
      • "Good value shopping"
      • "Friendly People"
      • "Fabulous Food"

Disadvantages

• "A long flight"

My Favourite Country

I visited Guatemala as part of a trip around Central America in 2007, I spent some time in Guatemala, which is one of my favourite countries that I have visited so far. I loved the food (refried beans, tortillas, burritos, salsa etc), I found the people very welcoming and friendly also. The main reason for visiting was the fascinating Mayan sites, but the country is full of beautiful scenery and colour with some adventurous activities as well, - Oh, and the shopping was great too!

One highlight was the Mayan temple site of Tikal,near Flores. This place is set in the jungle and has a real 'Lost World' feel to it and has been used in a number of films. I really loved the idea that I was seemingly miles from anywhere and the fact that we could climb the temples.

We also spent some time on the Rio Dulce (Sweet River) which we used to travel to Livingston on the Caribbean coast, which was very different from other parts of the country.

My other major highlight was Lake Atitalan and we stayed in a town at the side of the lake in a place called Panajachel, and spent time in the charming town Santiago De Atitlan which was a short boat ride away. I really liked the tranquil, remote vibe from this region. On our way out of the town we stopped at the attractive market town of Chichicastenango in the mountains.

Following this we spent our last few days in Antigua de Guatemala, a small but attractive colonial town. The region has a lot of active things to do such as canopy tours (on a 'death slide') and volcano hikes but as we only had one full day here I elected to explore the city. There are some lovely old buildings and churches, and a colonial house museum called Casa Popanoe. I also did a walking tour. The Parque Centrale, the wide and spacious main square, is a great place to watch the world go by from.

Flight are not usually direct from London, I flew via Continental airlines and transited in Houston, USA.

• Toshiba BDX1500 / Blu-Ray Player / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.07.2015 11:52

Advantages

• "-Works consistеntlу"

Disadvantages

• "-Not rеallу a diffеrеncе ovеr normal plaуеrs"

okay player

So thе salеsman was prеttу smart on making this salе. Boasting all thе qualitiеs of thе Bluе-Raу ovеr rеgular DVD plaуеrs hе drеw mе in likе a moth to thе flamе. I rеallу wish hе wouldn't havе though, aftеr sеvеral months of owning it.

Thе plaуеr itsеlf plaуs onе disc at a timе, is a small unit that fits on most еntеrtainmеnt cеntеrs, and is capablе of plaуing Bluе Raу discs in addition to rеgular discs. Thе color of thе unit is black with a silvеr stripе on thе front. It opеratеs indеpеndеntlу of thе tеlеvision, so уou will nееd two sеparatе rеmotеs, or will havе to turn both on manuallу whеn using. Its hookеd up with a HDMI cablе (thе thrее color) to thе tv and a powеr cord that goеs to an еlеctrical sourcе. If thеrе arе anу othеr cords уou can hook up, that is bеуond mу еxpеrtisе or knowlеdgе.

Its not rеallу a bad plaуеr pеr saу. It doеs what its supposеd to, it plaуs thе moviеs, thеу'rе clеar in picturе, sound is good. I honеstlу don't sее much of a diffеrеncе bеtwееn bluе-raу dvds and rеgular dvds, but thеn again I еxpеct mу tv to look likе tv, I know its not rеal right thеrе on mу scrееn. Sincе thе TV itsеlf is a prеttу good onе, I don't think thе picturе qualitу is a rеsult of that еithеr. Morе oftеn than not, I еnd up plaуing moviеs in mу xbox, which prеttу much rеndеrs this plaуеr usеlеss. And thе picturе and sound havе no noticablе diffеrеncе to mе.

Thе dеsign is simplе, slееk, and incrеdiblу annoуing. Whilе I undеrstand thе wholе point of tеchnologу anуmorе is to makе things smallеr, whеn I go to push thе еjеct button on this plaуеr, thе wholе thing slidеs back to thе back of mу еntеrtainmеnt cеntеr and I havе to chasе it down. I'm not a bodу buildеr, so to mе, this should not happеn. I usuallу havе to put mу othеr hand on top of thе plaуеr and prеss down, and thеn prеss thе buttons to kееp it from scooting back to whеrе I can't sее what I'm doing. Yеs, its a small complaint, but it rеallу is just plain annoуing to mе and sеvеral not so nicе dеscriptions of thе plaуеr comе out of mу mouth aftеr having this happеn sеvеral timеs a daу. I apprеciatе thе smallnеss, but maуbе a small wеight could bе put in to kееp this from happеning.

Thе buttons thеmsеlvеs arе straight forward, thеrе's thе еjеct, plaу, stop and powеr on thе main consolе. And thеn thе rеmotе has sеvеral morе fеaturеs. Thе rеmotе works wеll actuallу, and I havе no complaints about it. Likе most things though, it doеs actuallу havе to bе pointеd dirеctlу at thе plaуеr with nothing in front of it to work corrеctlу. And thе controls arе simplе еnough that childrеn could probablу usе this unit with еasе. Aftеr all, I'm somеwhat of a ludditе whеn it comеs to thеsе things, and I was ok.

I will probablу usе this unit for a long timе, or sеll it, as a rеsult of using an xbox instеad. I can't sее buуing anуthing likе it еvеr again whеn I don't gеt much usе out of it. But if уou'rе looking for a good plaуеr, that runs consistеntlу and offеrs a nicе picturе, this would probablу work.

• LG 32LB561V / LCD TV / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      03.07.2015 11:07

Advantages

• "Great price"

Disadvantages

• "No Smart"

Good value for the price

The LG 32LB561V it's a 32 inches TV, with a beautifully design, especially for the price and the series (5). I bought this for the kitchen and it does his job very well, but it could be also placed in a small bedroom and you are situated pretty close to it, or used as a PC monitor.
      It's full HD and if you have a USB stick you can also record on it any program you like if you want to watch or rewatch it later. If you use the same stick on your computer you can't see what you recorder from the tv, it's a format whick works only with the tv's player, but if you have other video, audio or picture files on computer and you put something on the stick, the tv will probably be able to play most of them without problems. When you watch a video file from a stick and you put stop, it remembers the time, so when you play that file again it will continue from there.
      With "Smart Share" you can also see your pictures or other media files from your smartphone, directly to the screen of the tv. The smartphone could also used as a remote control.
      It's pretty thin, so it's perfect for a wall mount.
      It has only 2 HDMI (1.4) ports, which for me it's more than enough, but it's good to know.
      Even the sound it's pretty good (for what you can expect from a tv, of course).

03.07.2015 10:16

Advantages

• "Effective on oily skin"

Disadvantages

• "Harsh on skin"

Effective but harsh

I often buy products from The Body Shop and one of my most recent purchases is the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask. The store produces many different skin care ranges all designed for varying skin types. The Seaweed range is designed for oily/combination skin, which is my type.

The mask comes in a tub which has a blue water pattern, to fit in with the rest of the Seaweed range. A 100ml tub costs £12 but Body Shop products are always on special offer so I certainly didn’t pay this! The mask lasted me a good few months, even though I used it once a week.

The mask is described as a “revitalising” clay mask designed to cleanse and control excess oil. It has a fairly strong, but not unpleasant, smell and is grey, like clay. After washing my face I apply a thin layer of the mask. It is easy to apply, with a slightly sticky texture ensuring that the mask sticks.

You are supposed to leave the mask on for ten minutes, but unfortunately the mask started to make my skin itch so I only left it on for about five before washing off. I noticed that if I left it on for any longer it became really hard to remove – I had to scrub and scrub to get it off, leaving my face a bit red.

On the plus side, the mask seemed to do a good job at refreshing my skin and getting rid of dirt and grime. My skin seemed to have fewer spots and blackheads. However, on balance I think the mask is a bit harsh for me. It dried my skin out if left on too long, and made my skin itch. I will use the mask until it’s used up, but I probably won’t repurchase.

03.07.2015 09:05

Advantages

• "non greasy"
      • "Pleasant fragrance"
      • "Good for nettle rash"
      • "Brings instant relief from insect bites"

Disadvantages

• "Tubes are getting smaller and the price is rising"

Anthisan Bite and Sting cream works well for me

I am never without a tube of Anthisan especially during the Summer months when the whole of the insect population tend to descend to feast on my skin. I have a large garden with trees and that invites lots of the biting kind of insects. I also live in a rural area with farmland all around me so when I first moved from the town to here I became a victim of many a bite, and also had a few fights with nettles.

I first tried Anthisan after a particularly horrid midge bite on my leg and felt immediate relief from the itching that bites can cause. Over the years I have used it on a regular basis and it does bring relief from the pain, itching and inflamation which insect bites and stinging nettle rash can cause.

I purchased some recently as my old tube had run out and noticed that it now comes in a 20g tube whereas my old one was 25 g size. I purchased it from Sainsbury's for £2.50 which I am sure is more expensive than it was last year.

The tube comes in a box which is yellow and has a picture of wasps and nettles on the front which signifies that the product is good for all stinging and biting insects and also helps reduce the pain from stinging nettles.

The tube itself is yellow with green writing and quite small in size. The active ingredient is Mepyramine Maleate 2% w/w. amongst others. It states on the packaging that it is not to be used on broken skin, or eczema or sunburnt skin.

It is best used directly to the bite or sting about two or three times a day and I do find that when using this product it reduces the inflammation and stinging sensation of bites, stings and nettle rash.

I would recommend this product as it has worked well for me over the years.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      03.07.2015 06:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Very satisfy

Good servicw

• oyyy.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      03.07.2015 03:17

Advantages

Disadvantages

Ban selfish morons from shopping online

Wow, what a complete jerk! A customer is told, correctly, that an item's guarantee will be dealt with by the manufacturer as is now pretty standard practice with tech goods, the prick chooses to totally disregard that and whilst whinging about the time wasted, happily spends another chunk of his time beating about the company. It is issues like this, insisting that everybody but him should be out of pocket that increases prices for the rest of us. The type of moron that thinks it is the sellers fault that an item is faulty. Do you think they deliberately sell you a faulty item you ignorant piece of shit? Pack the fucker up, get a price from a carrier (probably under a tender) and send it the fuck back. If you are too stupid and ignorant to follow the advice given and contact the manufacturer you deserve to end up with crappy goods. Incidentally the REASON it's best to go via the manufacturer is because they are the best people qualified to diagnose the problem, rather than a same warehouse, and it's cheaper to send a replacement to you directly than to send one to the retailer who would then send it on to you. It's not fucking rocket science is it you ignorant twat. As for Amazon, well what can I say? It doesn't surprise me one jot that somebody like you rates a company who treats their staff like crap and has them working on zero hour contracts under poor conditions as a decent company. They treat their marketplace sellers badly too, charging extortionate rates and stealing the goods and payments due of sellers whose accounts they often shut down for no given reason. But you wouldn't give a toss about that would you?

• Dell ALIENWARE 18 / Laptop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      03.07.2015 02:55

Advantages

• "The perfect fast laptop "

Disadvantages

The perfect fast laptop

There are not several corporations that also create laptops of this size, so the 18.4-inch show alone makes the Alienware eighteen stand out from the gang. it is a real dazzler too – the resolution is just 1920 x 1080 pixels, though at this value you may definitely argue that it need to match the 2880 x 1800 resolution of the Apple macbook the general image quality is great. holler unhelpfully states that it is a WLED show – white light-weight emitting diode, like all displays currently – instead of listing what screen technology it uses. Even so, the image is bright, sharp and vibrant, with viewing angles that simply will not quit.

Gamers ar unlikely to complain concerning any lack of touch-controls, however we have a tendency to were slightly frustrated to visualize that the screen contains a shiny coating that throws off glare and reflection in broad daylight. distinction this with the Alienware

Of course, the disadvantage of such an outsized screen is that the Alienware eighteen is inescapable terribly massive – however it is also terribly serious. It measures a full fifty seven.5 millimeter thick once pleated flat – that is 3 Ultrabooks heaped-up on prime of every alternative – and weighs in at a large five.5 kg. uncalled-for to mention, you will not be slippy this one into your backpack for a fast trip to your native eating place.

The keyboard is spacious and comfy, and firm enough to require a pounding within the heat of battle. Like most laptops with 16:9 widescreen displays, it conjointly has area for a large numeric input device similarly as a further set of macro keys situated on the far-left of the keyboard.

03.07.2015 02:38

Advantages

• "great laptop"

Disadvantages

great laptop

The macbook professional fifteen in. prices ruffly around £1000-£1200 that is extremely pricey however this is often not a tangle as a result of if ar|you're} even considering shopping for a macbook then value isn't a problem and additionally MacBooks are terrific laptops as a result of they're unable to catch viruses of the web just because there's no actual virus which may handle iOS. The macbook is go by apple and is unimaginable helpful because it runs iOS that means you have got a straightforward access to not solely games however films, music and television shows creating your life easier and a lot of accessible. what is more the macbook has AN intel I7 core processor which suggests that you simply will multitask with ease and it will even perform well below stress particularly if you're mistreatment it for games or countless films. additionally it contains 256GB of storage which suggests that you simply will store a full heap of knowledge, documents and films. this suggests you do not have to be compelled to worry regarding whether or not you may run out of house. This macbook professional additionally handles tissue layer show then watch films and reading documents becomes easy with this awe-inspiring show. however you have got to take care as a result of the screen may be terribly flimsy, perhaps not initially however it will become flimsier with age then if this happens then you wish a really tiny screwdriver then use it to tighten the screen. though the remainder of the macbook professional sturdy|is powerful} and robust because it is constructed from a durable metallic element frame then it will survive the odd drop. i really like this macbook I've had it for years and have continuously accidentally drop it and nevertheless it still works fully fine with none problems. i really like this portable computer it's most likely the simplest one on the market at the instant and with its fifteen in. screen, viewing is easy and clear. i really like IT!!!!

02.07.2015 23:43

Advantages

• "quite good"
      • cheap

Disadvantages

• none

Great for beginners

This product was one the first good mascara's I used and it was so cheap as well which made it so great. It was on £2 which made me have to repeatedly by it again and again.
      The brush is a pretty cool brush because it has small bristles which means it catches every eyelash. In addition to this the brush is designed to have a curl effect which actually does work and makes your eyelashes look really curled as if you used an eyelash curler. This is great if either you don't like doing the eyelash curling step in the morning because it takes to long or because you just overall don't like using an eyelash curler.

Even though I think this mascara is pretty awesome I wouldn't say it was the best and I think it's great as base. Along with this I would say that there is much better mascaras in the drugstore but it is pretty good for it's price. Another con about this product is that if you don't use it after a short amount of time like two weeks it can begin to dry out and not work as good and it's not just this product I have seen from MUA. MUA products tends to dry out really quickly if you don't use them to much because I have this problem in their felt eyeliner as well. In addition to this makes you understand why their products are so cheap because the formula isn't very strong.

• Barry M Gelly Nail Effects / Make Up / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.07.2015 23:34

Advantages

• "good price"

Disadvantages

• "chips quickly"

Great Colors

I am a huge fan of nail polish and I am an even bigger fan of Barry M nail polishes because they are so inexpensive and they also have a huge range of different colors.

A pro that I like about Barry M is the brush size because they are a good size so you don't need to do to many strokes of the nail polish on your finger. In addition to this all the colors are really pigmented which means you only need to put one to two coats of the polish on your nails before you are finished with your nail. Another pro that I like about these nail polishes is that they're really cheap which I love because some brands like Essie are pretty pricey for nail polishes which can be really annoying if you are a student and just one a nice color to go with your dress or simply just use.

However a pro that I don't like about Barry M is the hype. Yeah Barry M is a good company and I do love it ton but I think it can be a little bit overrated sometimes. In addition to this even though the colors are great some of the colors often chip. This really bothers me because it's often 2-3 days before I start to see a little bit of the natural color of my nails.

Overall, I would have to say Barry M is one of my favs because of the colors and the price for the products as well.

02.07.2015 23:20

Advantages

• "Good Coverage"

Disadvantages

• "can get messy"

One of my favourites

I personally am in love with this foundation and I don't understand why it is not raved about more often. I am someone who doesn't wear foundation on an everyday basis because I don't really need but I have them evening where I want to get just that extra bit off coverage.

To begin with the foundation has excellent coverage and stays on for the whole night. In addition to this it makes the makeup look really matte which I love because I have a really oily face. Along with this it can make your makeup look really natural, so for the girls out that like to wear a full coverage foundation everyday, you may be interested in this one because it has a really natural and flawless look to it.

However even though I do adore this foundation so very much I feel as though there is a few problems to it. The first thing is that the foundation can make your face break out really easily if you don't wash every single bit of it off. One night I was so tired so I just took my makeup of with a makeup wipe instead of doing a full makeup routine and the next morning I had broke really badly. If you are thinking of using this foundation as an everyday makeup product then make sure to have a good skincare routine. The other thing that makes this foundation not the best is that it tends to get very messy because it is in a bottle which means if you squirt to much out then you tend to just waste it and the lid of the product gets really messy.

• Toms Classic / Shoes / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      02.07.2015 23:11

Advantages

• Comfy
      • Fashion

Disadvantages

• "People might look at you funny"

Awesome Shoe

I have been a Toms Classics owner for a few years, and I have to say that I love them. I purchased my first pair a few years back, and they are still wearable! They might not look as good as they first did, but for the amount of time they have been around, they've held up.
      I went with the Toms Classics Earthwise Slate because I like the grey color. This model is no longer in production, but sometimes you can still find it in a store.
      The fit is true to size. I wear a US 10 in all other footwear, and size US 10 is what my TOMS are. There was some process to break them in, but after a couple of weeks of wearing, they were snug and comfortable.
      Due to the lack of complexity of this shoe, it is very light! It almost feels like you're walking on air with these. Apparently, there is a learning curve to walk in these, because a few of my friends told me I was walking slightly different when I first bought these.
      These shoes go well with a lot of clothing options, but mostly casual clothes. I pair mine with either jeans or shorts.
      While the shoes can be quite expensive for what you think you're getting, they're actually a decent value. Yes, you're paying a lot for the TOMS name, but you're also adopting a pair of shoes to a third-world country. TOMS are a cool show and sort of a status symbol, so that's what you're paying for.
      Overall, these are really great shoes. If you're into fashion or art, these are a must have for you. These shoes are mostly worn by earth loving kind people.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown