• The Sanctuary Body Scrub / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 22:58

Advantages

• "Lovely fresh smell"
      • "Gets rid of dead skin cells"

Buff up your skin

I am a big fan of Sanctuary products and am always happy to receive them as gifts for birthday and Christmas which my family and friends often remember. I had this Sanctuary foaming cream scrub as a gift for my last birthday which I am currently using. Boots currently have an offer on Sanctuary and other brands of three for two which is very good value as this works out at £4.33 each if you buy three as they are normally £6.50 each.

It is 200ml size and comes in a gold tube with a white flip top lid which is good as you don't have to worry about dropping the lid in the shower or having to screw it back on with wet hands. This scrub contains seal salts and essential oils and it smells lovely and fresh, and as I am applying it the smell comes out even more and it stays on my skin for some time afterwards even though it is washed off. I think that this is due to the exfoliation part as the little bits seem to go quite deep into your skin.

I would describe the scrub as a rich cream with tiny grains all the way through it, and to use I will step under the shower to make sure my skin is wet and then squeeze some cream out onto my sponge or hands and then rub into my skin using small circular motions. It does lather up as I am using it so it spreads easily on my skin and I can feel the grains rubbing away at the surface of my skin but it is not unpleasant at all. When I am happy that I have rubbed it into the required areas I will stand back under the shower and rinse it off.

When I have finished my skin feels a bit tingly but it also feels very fresh and invigorated. I will always apply a nice body moisturiser afterwards and it does seem to soak in well and leaves me with lovely soft feeling skin.. By exfoliating on a regular basis I know I am getting rid of any dead skin cells and helping to improve my circulation and I am always glad when I have done it even though I do put it off sometimes.

I think that this is an effective exfoliating scrub which lathers up well, smells lovely and it does make my skin feel clean and nourished. I use this along with other Sanctuary products and think it is a good quality product which anyone can use and I do recommend it.

• Women's Health / Magazine / Newspaper / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 22:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fitness, Weight Loss, Health, Nutrition, and Sex data = Women's Health

I've been a reader of Women's Health off and on for several years and have given some thought on the most effective thanks to characterize the magazine for potential consumers. Here's primarily what you get in each issue of the mag: updated and fascinating FITNESS data -WEIGHT LOSS data/tips -HEALTH data concerning girls -NUTRITION information for higher health -information on having a far better SEX life Note that a number of the words ar captialized. Well, they represent the most topics that you're going to be reading concerning during this magazine. So, if you are looking for the newest data on any of those types of topics, it's price some time to ascertain it out. additionally suggest The 5-Minute area Fasciitis resolution for girls plagued by area fasciitis.

- Women's Health is for the lady WHO sees being healthy-physically and emotionally-as her edge. it's a magazine that helps ladies stay pace in their lives with sensible recommendation on nutrition, fitness, sex and relationships, vogue and wonder and far additional.

- This magazine is double-geared towards ladies in their 20's and 30's. Discusses health, fitness, workouts, food, recipes, fashion, makeup, psychological state and different attention-grabbing articles regarding ladies..

- I actually have to cover this magazine from my kids therefore I not compass. it's double-geared towards single women in their twenties and is maybe their favorite magazine. As a spouse in my forties, there's approach an excessive amount of on sex.. and none of it that i have never scan in magazines for cardinal years. It extremely is Cosmo with some health tips.

• Vtech Moosical Beads / Baby Toy / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 22:51

Advantages

• Educational
      • Colourful
      • "Interactive from a young age"

Disadvantages

A great value cow!

Mr Cow as "he's" known in our house. This was the first proper toy my daughter had and she loved it. While the voice irritated me - as all of these toys do! - it was great that it would carry on playing for a short time without needing to be touched as it meant I could go to the toilet and my daughter would still be entertained for those couple of minutes!

I'm not sure that I ever heard everything that the cow can do because after about 6 months of having it it sang another song I'd never heard it do before! It has a lot of the typical songs you would expect - Old MacDonald, The Alphabet Song, Hickory Dickory Dock. It also teaches primary colours and basic shapes.

It's not as cuddly as I would have liked it to be because the plastic parts are quite hard but the benefit of the cow being a soft toy is that it makes it light enough for your little one to hold.

We used to take the cow on car journeys as "he" was a great distraction when stuck in traffic.

Our one was bought as a gift but I was amazed when I found out how little it cost - it's definitely good value for money and perfect as a first interactive toy. You get used to the voice after a while, in fact you'll soon be singing along with it!

(And yes, I know a cow can't be a "he"!)

• The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 22:37

Advantages

• "Moisturises and softens skin"
      • "Lovely fruity smell"

Strawberry butter

I have bought a lot of Body Shop products over the years and have always found them to be good quality and kind to my skin. This Strawberry body butter is widely available and the price ranges from £4.99 to £7.99 depending on the current offer, however I was lucky enough to get this as a thank you gift from a friend.

It comes in a 250ml tub which is red with a picture of fresh juicy strawberries on the lid. The Body Shop also make many other flavours in the same range and they often have offers on where you can buy three products and pay for two which I have bought in the past and this makes it even better value.

The butter itself is quite thick to the touch and feels quite silky and it has a lovely fresh fruity strawberry smell which would be suitable for all the family. To use I scoop a small amount of cream out with my fingers and then start to rub it into my skin paying particular attention to anywhere where I may have dry or rough skin. It does absorb quickly and easily without leaving any residue or greasy feeling.

At the moment I am using this lovely body butter every day as I find that when the weather gets colder my skin needs a bit more care and attention and I am very pleased with the results. My skin feels soft and nourished and I haven't got any dry patches which I sometimes get on my legs and elbows. It definitely makes a difference to the general feel of my skin from the moment when I use it and it lasts for many hours afterwards.

I find that I get the best results when I use this after having a hot bath as my pores will be open so the butter can get deeper into my skin. As obviously I use my hands to apply the body butter it saves me from using so much hand cream as my hands have a good layer of the cream as I am using it. I didn't pay for this as it was a gift but I am very impressed with the results and I would certainly buy another one especially if I could get it for the right price.

• Acer Aspire 8000 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 22:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

the reason why i love acer pc

I stirred into a replacement workplace a few of months past, and required one thing that went "beep" to sit down within the middle of my table. the choice of paying ample cash wasn't there, therefore I looked around for a branded however low cost laptop. For regarding £380 opposition VAT I got the Acer. The verbal description is modest. 1.2GHz Duron, 40GB HD (the ads, invoice and internet site all say 20GB, however I even have three of those currently, and they are all 40!) 52X CD-ROM drive, 128MB of RAM.
      Plugging it in was a breeze. Acer give a wall chart thingy with photos of sockets, cables etc., therefore you only hold one thing next to the image to seek out out what it's, and plug it in! The mouse may be a commonplace wheel mouse, however the keyboard may be a USB one with a really nice bit, and it's a volume management (tap to mute), play/pause, stop, back and forward buttons, World Wide Web and email buttons, and five programmable buttons. Nicely, Acer have provided desktop code that permits you to print the button layouts and there's alittle see through window higher than the five keys that these written labels match into. They additionally give blank labels you'll be able to pen. As barely employee I realize the Acer keyboard terribly nice to use. No harsh clicking, and no bouncy feel. good for my gently typewriting.

The case itself is blue and gray. there's Associate in Nursing simply removable flap at the front that covers the floppy and drive bays. With the flap up, there is simply a lightweight and a put on the front. i believe it's slightly strange, however the flap cuts down a stunning quantity of noise (see below) Going within the case, there ar three PCI slots, a separate AGP slot, 2 DIMM sockets, one with the 128MB in it and 2 IDE interfaces with correct two-device cables provided. The PCI slot covers ar the snap-off sort, however what does one expect for £300+VAT? On the rear of the case you've got the quality PS/2 mouse and keyboard connectors, 2 USB ports, integral video card, sound card, game card and network card connectors, and a "hard" power switch, ought to the code front switch fail to work within the event of a crash.
      Apart from the laptop, keyboard and mouse, there is not abundant within the box. The wall-chart, a system restore CD Associate in Nursingd a pleasant an "extras" CD with Adobe jock and many different necessities. The box has Associate in Nursing integral carry handle, that may be a sight higher than having to heft the total ton around below Associate in Nursing arm. there is a annual guarantee in there too, though I even have four of those PCs currently at work, and they have been rock solid in every day use.

Right, it's all obstructed in and that i hit the facility button. Yark! This laptop is pretty wheezy. Not whiny, or grunchy or squealy, thankfully, simply a continuing mid-tone thrum from the fans. In my operating atmosphere, it'd be simply fine, however within the workplace it's simply slightly too loud. I suppose this can be the "get what you paid for" trade off, and also the solely draw back of the Acer I will very see.
      Within thirty seconds, Windows XP Home has loaded, and that i batter through the registration method. Everything feels nice and snappy. I put in workplace 2000 professional, got my network affiliation up, and organized my mail and internet shoppers. At now it began to feel slightly slower, and a fast goose at Task Manager showed my Commit Charge going on the far side 130MB with a few of apps open. 128MB is simply regarding the mininum demand for any Windows primarily based laptop on the far side Win98SE, therefore I bought an extra 256MB DIMM (£26+VAT). Fitting further hardware may be a breeze. one screw at the rear of the aspect panel releases it, and there's terribly easy accessibility to all or any areas of the machine's internals. Plugging within the 256MB DIMM was simply a case of moving a few of cables to at least one aspect (no disconnections necessary), and pressing it gently into the spare socket. virtually a three minute job. With the aspect back on, I hopped-up up once more, and had 384MB of RAM like a shot. the additional memory makes Associate in Nursing astounding distinction. Boot times ar all the way down to regarding 35s, log in is simply regarding 10s, and that i will have surpass, Word, Opera and my email running in parallel and still have 177MB of free physical memory. It very will fly! I will not go in the fun of taking part in accolade Of Honor on that, as a result of it is not a joy. however it is a business machine inside. surfboarding the net, operating with information, writing letters and reviews, causation emails. For this sort of labor it excels, and with the multimedia system keyboard a faucet of the quantity management silences things for respondent the phone, reprehension The Boss etc.

A sheep in sheep's wear. If you wish an inexpensive, network prepared laptop, and do not mind alittle of background, you will not realize abundant to beat the Acer for build quality and worth.

• ELC Bugs Activity Book / Baby Toy / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.04.2015 22:17

Advantages

• Durable
      • "Very tactile"

Disadvantages

Really sweet book for little hands

This was my daughter's first book and she loved it - it makes me feel a little nostalgic seeing it on here now! Unlike other soft padded books, the "pages" on this one are bigger which allows little ones to turn the pages. For my daughter this has started a really positive relationship with books as she loves turning pages in board books now.

The textures in the book are great - there's a speaker, rustly sounds and mirrors which all aid sensory development.

There's a loop at the top so it's perfect for taking out and about or attaching to their high chair and I washed our one in the washing machine and it came up as good as new - which is really handy when it spends a great deal of time in a baby's mouth or if they decide to smear sweet potato all over it!

It's very durable and great for little hands that have no idea what a book is or how it should work! There's no risk of the pages getting ruined because they are made from lightly padded fabric and equally there's nothing to detach or injure your little one so they can play quite happily with it on their own.

I'd definitely recommend this as I think it starts children on a journey with books and subsequently literature and that can only be a good thing. Would make an ideal gift for a newborn if you're looking for something different from the norm.

28.04.2015 22:16

Advantages

• "do the job"

Disadvantages

• "over priced"

Good with a voucher

Using the vouchers No7 frequently hand out becomes a bit of a compulsion for me and each time I spend at Boots I get more vouchers it seems so I have had a bit of a splurge recently. The facial wipes always seem to be best value so I tend to stock up on them when the vouchers are handed out. I bought this pack of Beautiful Skin quick thinking wipes not realising I hadn't tried them before but I realised when I got home that they were slightly different to the normal No7 wipes I buy.

Packaging
      The packs have 30 wipes inside which will last me ages as I prefer a cream cleanser with cotton wool but sometimes when I am already in bed and remember I have to still clean away make up I will resort to these. The packs are white plastic with a blue trim and a solid plastic dispenser that helps to keep the wipes fresh and moist. The packaging states that these wipes are hypo allergenic and will even remove waterproof mascara.

In use
      The wipes are larger than an average face wipe I think but similar to the size of a baby wipe. When you pull it from the pack it is folded and requires a bit of pulling open to use. One wipe is enough to do a full face and I leave the eyes until last as they tend to have mascara on them and I don't want to be wiping that all round my face. Afterwards my face feels a little tight so it's a must to apply some moisturiser as I hate that tight feeling. But it is clean and free of make up.

My thoughts
      I like these wipes and think they work really well to clean and tone the face. I have had no adverse reaction to the wipes and have been using them sporadically for a couple of weeks now.

Price
      The packs cost £7 full price but can be bought for £2 with a voucher, you also get Boots points on them. I think these are priced with the voucher in mind as the sales assistant commented that they are a best seller when the vouchers are being handed out.

Final word
      I would not pay £7 for these, they are not worth that but I think that they are definitely worth £2, I find them easy to use and handy to pack in a bag for travelling. I use them to clean off make up at the end of the day but they are also good for fixing make up mistakes if you splodge your mascara. I like to have a pack of these close by at all times as they are easy to use and make my skin feel clean. Definitely a repurchase for me, I will choose these above all other brands of face wipes (as long as I have a voucher!). Recommended purchase, I know a lot of people who like and use these wipes regularly.

• Weleda Calendula Nappy Cream / Weleda / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.04.2015 22:02

Advantages

• "Smells nice"
      • "Works well"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

A reliable nappy cream

I never appreciated just how many potions and concoctions are available for infants and toddlers until I became a parent myself. This is when I discovered that, quite frankly, there are practically limitless solutions for any parenting issue one might encounter.

I learned about this product, the Weleda baby calendula nappy change cream, from my sister. She in turn had heard great things about it from some of her co-workers, and as a pharmacy technician in a large community chemist shop, she usually has her ear to the ground when it comes to finding useful products.

This is a dense cream that contains lanolin and zinc oxide. Both these constituents have a long track record of providing a barrier against moisture found in wet and dirty nappies. The company has added some other ingredients in the hope of providing an additional, moisturising function. These are organic almond oil and extracts of both calendula and chamomile.

In my opinion this nappy cream works as well as can be expected. The fact is that when it comes to nappy creams, I simply want something that works quickly and wells. This nappy cream does indeed do this.

The cream has a pleasant, light and gentle smell, somewhat similar to that of flowers. There is no noticeable smell of zinc nor of lanolin.

It should be noted that this product is not suitable for strict vegetarians; lanolin is from the wool of sheep.

At approximately £7 it is however a little expensive in my opinion.

Recommended.

28.04.2015 20:46

Advantages

• " great lather "
      • Creamy

Disadvantages

• "None "

Creamy and lovely

Boots used to do a really lovely delicately scented hand wash called coconut and almond. There were a few other things in the same range when I used to buy this particular liquid soap and I also bought the hand cream, I remember, at the same time. I have not been able to find it for a while though, sadly, so I do not know if it is out of stock now or if they have just stopped making it.

I used to pay juts under £1.50 for this lovely liquid soap and the packaging was really delightful to look at. It looked really nice in its delicate and pastel shades in my downstairs loo. The bottle was quite a hefty size, too, at 300ml and as we never used ot have to use a great deal of this liquid soap to get a great lather, one bottle would last us for ages.

The main thing I used ot love about this hand wash (apart from the quality and price, of course) was the fact tat it had such a beautiful smell and it would linger on the skin for ages after the soap had been rinsed off.

It was such a gentle soap and suitable for all skin types and for this reason it was suitable for the entire family to use. It lathered well, moisturised my skin and never left any sticky residue or made my skin aggravated or raw. I have to be really careful what types of creams and potions I use on my skin but this one was always lovely and gentle and mild.

I wish I was able to find it now but possibly I might have to go to a larger Boots store to find it.

Very much recommended, if you can still get it.

• The Range / DIY Store / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 20:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Customer Service is appalling"

Do not buy online from them

Ordered and eventually received 5 door wardrobe on 2nd February - paid a professional to build it on 7th February. Informed Customer Service door damaged - sent photo and also gave part number. Ringing every week get a different answer each time, was even told that the supplier was not aware then told will be with me week after easter. Rang yesterday was told will be here next week - we shall see but very mush doubt it. Wrote to Head Office no response would e-mail Chris Dawson but cannot get correct email for him but not even sure that would help. Have previously purchased on line with no problems. Not sure what has happened to their Customer Services...

28.04.2015 18:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Enhancing Conditioner

The John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Enhancing Conditioner is available for GBP 5.89.

The conditioner is described as follows. "For lighter blondes, this conditioner brightens the full spectrum of blonde tones. This enhancing formula, with sunflower and white tea, smoothes hair and mends porous areas to restore healthy texture. Reveals a full spectrum of blonde tones and highlights."

The conditioner I somehow reminds me of trips to the hairdresser, as the conditioner has an unpleasant scent, that reminds of bleaching and the scent is chemically, at least I feel that way. The cpnditioner but can be used relatively well, despite the unpleasant scent, massaged into the hair. I always leave the conditioner in principle up to 5 minutes to take effect, depending on your mood, according to instructions, I consider myself as rather less. When you have to wash, rinse thoroughly here, with fast, fast is nothing done here. So, here the shower head must pull their weight. My hair looked a little brighter, but maybe I have imagined that, by frequent straightening with flat iron, but it may well be true that the shampoo has really restored some of the color. Regarding the moisture will donate the conditioner. Well, as I said, I see here no large differences from other conditoners. My hair was neither extremely soft yet brittle than when using other conditioners.

I cannot recommend the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Enhancing Conditioner, as the conditioner does not brighten the hair. The conditioner cares for the hair and leaves the hair feel soft.

• Nikon D5200 / Digital Camera / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.04.2015 18:15

Advantages

• "Articulated rear screen"
      • "HDR mode"
      • "Good HD Video"
      • "Plenty of 3rd party lenses available"
      • "Fairly light and compact"
      • "High resolution"

Disadvantages

• "No Wi-Fi (D5300 does though)"
      • "Anti aliasing filter might deter enthusiasts"

Great compromise between price and features. Plenty of 3rd party lenses to choose from too.

This is an 'advanced beginners' DSLR which sits between the entry-level D3200 and D7100, which is more suited to the serious enthusiast. It is externally virtually identical to its predecessor, the D5100, with external changes limited to a dedicated drive mode button on the D5200's top plate, stereo microphone grills on top of the penta-mirror and a slightly redesigned rear multi-selector. More significant changes are found inside, many of which are taken from higher end Nikon DSLR's, including a 39-point AF system with 9 cross type sensors and a 2016 pixel RGB colour sensitive metering system both found on the D7000. The resolution is an impressive 24MP and ISO range is up to 25600. It will also shoot at 5FPS. The camera uses an anti-aliasing filter which, depending on your point of view, is either an advantage or disadvantage, and actually does not make a great deal of difference. A useful feature, missing from the D3200, is a High Dynamic Range option, which allows taking 2 frames in high contrast lighting conditions and combining them for regular exposure across the frame. Video is excellent at full HD 1920 x 1080 movies at either 60i(NTSC) or 50i(PAL). More conventional 30p, 25p and 24p modes are also available. In manual mode you have the option to take limited control of both shutter speed and ISO, but not aperture. A stereo sound meter lets you adjust the level of either the built-in or external microphone. The D5200 has an upgraded processor compared to its predecessor. Nikon says its EXPEED 3-branded processor offers higher speed, better colour reproduction and improved noise reduction. The D5200 also has an updated, less cluttered design for the on-screen UI that shows information in a more logical layout. This is welcome on a small camera with relatively few external controls since much of the user interaction is necessarily via the rear screen. Remember this camera does not have an internal focus motor and therefore will require lenses with a built in motor. This is not a major problem as all major manufacturers make suitable lenses, but remember your old manual Nikon lenses may not focus automatically. The lens mount is standard Nikon F so many old lenses can be used with the proviso just mentioned. Overall this is a great camera and should satisfy all but the most dedicated amateur enthusiast for a while to come. It is relatively small and light so great for travel photography.

• Bosch Ciso / Trimmer / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.04.2015 18:09

Advantages

• "great for domestic gardeners"

Disadvantages

• "battery time"

Quite good for domestic gardening

Very good device but not up to task when used in a commercial vineyard. Bit Heavy to hold. Battery life compromises time available to use which is in minutes not hours. It's great for domestic gardeners but cannot compete with conventional secatuers for speed and efficiency.

• Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub / Lip Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2015 18:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

The Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub is available for GBP 5.50.

The lip scrub is described as follows. "Prep your lips with a buff and polish at the start of your make-up routine to ensure your lipstick glides on and stays put. Just apply with a clean finger, and let the exfoliating caster sugar and softening jojoba oil scrub away dead skin and infuse moisture to rejuvenate your smile. Bubblegum lip scrub won’t leave any greasy residue; just a sweet candy taste that you’ll enjoy licking off. Lip-smackingly good."

The ingredients are Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Flavour, Colour 45410 and Colour 45380.

The application is easy. It takes some peeling with the finger from the pan and rub therewith about the delicate lip skin. Then you should use a lip balm. At first I thought that the oil contained will be enough for the care of the lips, but with every application scream lips almost more after subsequent treatment with a lip balm and dry up noticeably. The peeling one should never use too often. I have my peeling used together with my two work colleagues. I was conscious that this is something unhygienic, but given the high price I wanted to make sure that I aufbrauche the whole peeling. In addition, care should be taken in any application on his clothes. The sugar crystals easily fall down and spread on clothing. They also left there unsightly grease stains. With the effect and the care I am not very satisfied. The taste of cotton candy but we found all great and have applied the peel, therefore, again and again. Sometimes we did it dispense with the application as care product and allow it to dissolve the sugar equal to the tongue. The oil but something bothers.

• Einhell BG-MT 3336 / Cultivator / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.04.2015 17:53

Advantages

• "solid construction"

Disadvantages

• "unclear instructions for assembling"
      • "bit heavy "

Quite decent cultivator

This cultivator is bit heavy and but it really does a good job.
      You could receive it with only foreign instructions, but that shouldn't be an issue as the English manual can be downloaded.
      Starts easily after a few pulls, and engine runs smoothly with enough power to dig through all types of soil. Take a light hammer with you to knock out any stones which may jam the tynes.
      Overall a great workhorse on which many other allotment holders with their expensive toys can feel only enviness.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown