• London & Country Mortgages / Mortgage / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2014 15:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

Highly recommended

ref: M1715700

Excellent service from start to finish. The staff were knowledgeable and dealt with our application in a time efficient manner. Would definitely recommend L&C to others.

29.07.2014 15:04

Advantages

• "Performs all functions well"

Disadvantages

• "Questionably reliability"

A great printer which does what it claims to

I need a all in one printer with a small printer. If you do as well, you could do much worse than the XP-600...

I bought and installed an XP-600 to work with my PC (i-Mac, OS X v10.7 Lion) a week ago. The innumerable customer reviews. Bought it from tesco direct. Ended up paying £69 for something that Epson's website listed at £129.99

It prints, copies and scans ok but the pull-out trays at the front of the unit are flimsy and the scanner cover is not at all sturdy. This might explain the market place price discounts. No idea what the longevity of these bits will be like.

The machine comes with `set-up' cartridges which presumably means they've got very little ink in them. The ink range for this machine is called `Polar Bear' but the multi-pack contains only four of the five cartridges needed so you have to buy the missing one - Photo Black - separately. So, £69 to Tesco Direct for the machine and £63 to Amazon for high-capacity (XL) ink cartridges.

It may only be an i-Mac issue but for some unknown reason the 2-sided print option isn't always on offer in the window that pops up when you go for a print, but it's not hard to locate. Go up to the tool bar at the very top of the screen, select `File', click on `Print', then `Copies & Pages', choose `Layout' from the drop-down menu and you'll see the 2-sided print option. Go for `long edge binding'. Automatic duplex printing is really useful; it's a real pain to have to do it manually, even more so on a front-loader like this Epson.

The installation process that WiFi-synchronised the printer with the desktop computer also means it happily executes print requests from my wife's iPad, so full-marks there. One word of warning. Whilst working on a Word doc the other evening the computer suffered one of its "all the lights are on but no-one's at home" moments and declared it was not connected to the internet despite the relevant LED's on the router all being lit. The XP-600's wireless signal was also lit, and at good strength, but nothing happened when I asked for a print as the computer and the printer couldn't find each other. Maybe the Lion operating platform isn't as stable as Apple make it out to be or maybe the router's a bit of a diva, but switching the router off and back on again restored printer/computer comms. Not the XP-600's fault in my opinion.

Overall I very capable and practical printer, highly recommended.

• Fosters Lager / Beer / Cider / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2014 14:56

Advantages

• "Light in flavour"

Disadvantages

• "Bloats the belly up big time!"

Mr Fosters Lager!

Although I consider myself to be a girly girl I have to admit that since I have been old enough to drink (which is a while now!) I have always liked the odd pint or two of lager. I admit that I have tried lots of the alcohol that's on the market however always seem to go back to lager!

Myself and my boyfriend go out often, either to a nice beer garden or for meals and the one lager I wasn't overly familiar with is this one. I've had it on the odd occasion but always tend to have Carling, Stella or Cobra however the other night we decided to stay in and have a takeaway and he went to a shop and picked me a couple of these up.

With a blue and red colourscheme we are clearly told that it is indeed Fosters 'Melbourne Est 1888' on both sides of the can and then there is an information section telling us a bit about the product and that it is 500ml in size, that it is 4.0 % Volume and contains 2 units in a can this size ans contact details for the manufacturer are given. Nice enough and certainly informative enough can this is.

The Lager:

To me this is a light lager. It's light golden in colour and rather fizzy when first opened and when poured really does foam up. It is a light and refreshing lager in my opinion and not too heavy and it sounds daft but isn't like some lagers I have had in the past that smell really strong and heavy and taste really alcoholicky!

You can taste the hops and and it has a slight malty, yeast flavour but really this is a very light flavoured drink in my opinion. It has a gentle sourness in its flavour which does take a while to leave my mouth after consuming it and it does have a nice and natural sweetness to it.

Best served really cold I quite like this one but wouldn't deliberately go out of my way to buy/drink it again. I think its probably a good lager to drink when eating due to its light flavour however me...I can't drink more than a couple of cans of this stuff without my belly really bloating up like a Buddha!

This is widely available in all good supermarkets, off licences etc and can be bought in different formats my local shop sells these large cans for just 99p!

This review is also posted on Ciao under this same username.

• Soap & Glory Spa Sugar Crush / Bath & Shower / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2014 14:35

Advantages

• "Gorgeous scent"
      • "Leaves skin soft"

Disadvantages

• "Price "

Gorgeous sugar scrub with a yummy lime scent

I am a big fan of Soap and Glory products and when I needed a new body scrub, I decided to treat myself to this one.

The Scrub

This scrub contains sweet lime, and almond oil, and also contains smashed brown sugar and macadamia grains for exfoliation.

My thoughts

I chose this one as I loved the smell of it as soon as I opened the lid. There is a mouthwatering scent of lime and sugar, and it just smelt so fresh and clean that I couldn't resist.

I did find that this is a quite thick scrub, and while it was easy to scoop out some of the scrub, once I applied it to my skin, it did feel still quite thick and was harder to rub in than some other scrubs. It also took a few scoops before I really did feel that it was exfoliating my skin due to the thickness of the scrub. The amount that I had to use to produce the results I wanted might be a user error as much as a product error. The scrub goes on easily and is also easy to rinse off, although sometimes small bits of the scrub can be left behind on the bottom of the bath, but these are easily rinsed off. As this is a sugar scrub, it's not as abrasive as some other scrubs that I have used in the past, although the sugar does help to polish and buff any flaky bits of skin. There is a warning on this scrub that if you use it on any cuts or irritated areas of skin, or if you have just shaved, it might sting but I haven’t found this is the case for me so far anyway.

After using this, my skin felt really soft and smooth, and it was left with a slight lime scent. Another thing that I liked about this scrub is that it didn't seem to leave a film on my skin after use, unlike some other brands that I have tried. I'm sure that some people like that slight moisturising effect of the film, but personally, I prefer the scrubs that don't have it, and this is one of them.

Would I buy this again?

While this isn't the cheapest scrub, when mine runs out, I probably will buy this again, as I loved the scent and it leaves my skin feeling amazing. It also doesn't leave any film on my skin, which is another bonus. There are cheaper scrubs on the market, but I don't mind paying for quality, and since I only use this once or twice a week, a 300ml tub should last me a few months.

Price and Availability.

Soap and Glory products are only available from Boots or Harvey Nichols, although you can occasionally get some on eBay or Amazon as well. Mine cost me £8, but it is often on a three for two offer in Boots.

• Now TV Box / Set Top Box / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.07.2014 14:24

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive extras"
      • "Not much content"

For the casual viewer who doesn't need piles of content

As someone who doesn't have Sky TV I wanted a cheaper alternative that would allow me to watch the occasional movie or sport fixture. I bought my NOW TV box direct from NOW TV, and while it is not perfect I have no trouble logging into my £4.99 entertainment subscription account.

Connection to the router is wireless, the box adds functionality to some not so smart TV,s, it can be used on up to 4 registered devices (laptop/tablet etc.), 2 devices can be used simultaneously, devices can be changed on a monthly basis.

I think some of the main problems are lack of subtitles, messy user interface and lack of full HD and certain programs missing from the available Sky channels e.g. The wire.

NOW TV say this is due to licensing problems. You can search for NOW TV Slating to see what programs are missing.

But for a tenner to buy and while most of the services can be had for free on smart TV,s the £4.99 subscription gives access to some of Sky TV's top paid for channels (Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living plus others) which also includes catch up to these channels so reduces the need to record programs.

There is also a limited number of box sets available which are included with the £4.99 and passes for movies and sport for an extra fee.

My view was that for a tenner plus a fiver for the first month I will give it a go and I feel that for the Sky channels it is good value. No contract means I can cancel the £4.99 monthly payment at any time.

• 400 Blows (Les 400 Coups) (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2014 14:09

Advantages

• "Honest and incisive look at adolescent problems"

Disadvantages

Young boy caught in a pinwheel of adolescent angst.

Francois Truffaut's debut film, "Les Quatre Cents Coups" ("The 400 Blows," 1959) is also one of the cornerstones of the French New Wave movement. Antoine Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) is a young schoolboy living in a tiny and shabby apartment with his racing-obsessed stepfather Julien (Albert Remy) and self-involved mother Gilberte (Claire Maurier) who has a relationship on the side, while struggling to keep out of trouble at school, with usually poor results. Receiving no understanding at home and being often singled out in class by his French teacher the boys have nicknamed "Sourpuss" (Guy Decomble), Antoine lacks direction and motivation to care, often skipping school and steadily finding himself drifting further into a state of emotional apathy. And even when he tries to get excited about something and honestly attempts to write a serious essay he can be proud of, he still gets in trouble over being accused of plagiarising a Balzac poem by his teacher, and subsequently drops out of school. But it's when his best friend Rene (Patrick Auffay) persuades him to steal a brand new typewriter from his stepfather's workplace that things turn in a direction that leads Antoine into having to come face to face with his own troubled life in a film that delights in its sympathetic portrayal of adolescent life.

Employing almost documentary-style filming techniques, this semi-autobiographical masterpiece is both a searing character piece of an adolescent caught in an environment where he is not understood, and of which he himself has barely any understanding toward, as it is an indictment of the French judicial system's treatment of juvenile offenders at the time. The slippery slope that stands between a life of decency and a life of crime becomes blurred as Antoine almost unnoticeably slips toward delinquency and homelessness, even when acting out of somewhat noble sentiments. The final part of the film of him ending up in a centre for troubled youths - complete with an enlightening psychoanalysis of his case - then leads to one of the most famous single shots of the New Wave as Antoine, escaping to a nearby sea shore, looks penetratingly toward us as the film freezes and the camera optically zooms to his face, the boy caught in an uncertain moment of emptiness, freed from the drama surrounding his life, yet unclear as to what is to come of him. Beautifully shot by Henri Decae and co-scripted by Truffaut and Marcel Moussy, this poetically honest film is one of Truffaut's best and its references to other films (most notably Jean Vigo's "Zero for Conduct") gives it additional flavour. Leaud would reprise the role of Antoine in four additional films between 1962 and 1979: the "Antoine and Colette" section in the anthology film "Love at Twenty" (1962), "Stolen Kisses" (1968), "Bed and Board" (1970), and "Love on the Run (1979). (c) berlioz 2014

29.07.2014 14:08

Advantages

• "Forgives not a single virus"
      • "Effective searches"
      • "Background scanning is always on"
      • "User-friendly Interface"

Disadvantages

Kaspersky Internet Security, the best Antivirus of all time.....

Just before 2 days, the computer was flooded with different types of viruses. The pc became as slow as a snail. Not a single file opened or worked properly. All I needed, is a good anti-virus that would take up all my problems away. And finally I got Kaspersky Internet Security.
      As soon as I installed it, I did a full scan of my pc and within 2-3 hours all of my viruses were disinfected, not a single virus was left. It resulted in a great performance increase of my pc, which was my utmost requirement.
      This new version of Kaspersky is brimming with potential with its new, unique and amazing features. One of them is its Advanced Disinfection method of scanning which deletes hard to disinfect viruses with a fresh reboot of your pc.
      As 6000 new viruses are released on internet every month, you must have an anti-virus that can be relied upon for your daily protection. Daily protection means your offline and online security as well. Kaspersky Internet Security offers great security options for online transactions, managing various social media accounts, etc.
      One of my greatest problem was Shortcut virus, you all must be aware of that, I guess. It turns all your files into shortcuts which are not accessible. It could leave you irritated and frustrated like anything you try to open up your files but are unable to access it. But you need that file at any cost, then you google some ways to remove that virus, get some temporary tricks to tackle that virus for a short period of time. Do you think you got to go through all that mess? The answer is no. Just download and install Kaspersky Internet Security and forget that irritating shortcut virus.
      In my case, I’m 200% satisfied with Kaspersky Internet Security and recommend you to try this……

29.07.2014 12:26

Advantages

• "Great performances"
      • "Amazing songs"
      • "Gothic tone"

Disadvantages

• "Not for the faint of heart!"

A beautiful gothic musical, full of style and flair

I must've seen this film at least ten times - probably more. I can't get enough of it.

Another Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaboration - with a good dash of Helena Bonham Carter - this is a slick adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's musical. Johnny Depp's singing more than holds its own (though I have heard of some people who don't like it, and still others who insist it sounds like a David Bowie tribute - though I can't hear it myself,) and his acting is marvellously suited to the part as always.

Burton's vision of Sweeney Todd's London is one of faded black, white and sepia, slashed through with vibrant crimson. And of course, this being the story of a murderous barber, there is much crimson. The blood is stage-gore - not particularly convincing, but not supposed to be. Still, those who dislike anything gory would be best suited by staying away from this film - it's not exactly bunnies and rainbows, which is why it has an 18 rating. This is about people being cooked into pies after all - even if I do find the 18 rating a little harsh.

Some scenes are simply achingly beautiful - it might seem like something that's strange to say about a man singing to his straight-razors but it's true, and is testament to the fabulous performances displayed by the actors.

The costumes also deserve a mention - they give off a moody, gothic air of an almost steampunk, deeply stylised, Georgian world. And Depp's hair is simply incredible.

Filled with beautiful songs in Burton's incredible gothic world, this is one of my favourite films and I would recommend it to anyone. Truly wonderful.

• Nokia Lumia 1020 / Smartphone / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      29.07.2014 11:01

Advantages

• "Good storage"
      • "Good RAM"
      • "Great yet responsive screen"
      • "Stunning camera"

Disadvantages

• "No micro SD slot"
      • "Poor battery"
      • "Difficult to adapt to windows OS"
      • "Windows OS"
      • "Disappointing chipset"

Fantastic camera but overall a disappointing phone.

The Nokia lumia 1020 is a very good phone, offering many features but it may put off a few people reading this. The screen is vivid and clear running with a great resolution and a very responsive one at that so it scores good there although the standard resolution on phones will most likely move onto 2k soon as the first phones are starting to appear on the market with that. Snapdragon have "snapped" again with the quality chipsets giving the 1020 the Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon. This chipset coupled with the 2Gb of ram should give you a great performance though in reality it seems to offer a below average performance being beat by phones like the LG G2 and the HTC one amongst others. The beyond top of the range 41 MP camera is a truly great edition to the phone if not what nokia based the whole phone around when designing. The battery on the nokia lumia 1020 will last you up to 384 hours on standby or around 13 hours and 20 minutes of talk time but this is only on 3G so if you use 2G these will be increased and if you use 4G these will be decreased. The Nokia lumia 1020 offers similar design to it's predecessor but when you turn it around you see the dominating camera which bulges out and could off putting to some but it could be a sacrifice for the hi tech camera your getting. This phone has no micro sd slot, which means no storage expansion, this is disappointing but it still comes with good storage starting at 32Gb. It's OS is the latest Windows which in my opinion is decent but it's small and has a cold feeling that lacks the majority of features Android and Apple offer currently. But thats down to personal preference I guess. All in all a decent phone boasting a fairly new but decent OS, Stunning camera and a very familiar design.

• Big Nail Shiner / Make Up / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      29.07.2014 09:18

Advantages

• "Easy to carry in your bag"
      • "Helps your nails look maintained"
      • "Fantastic price"

Disadvantages

• "May weaken nails"

Polished nails without the polish!

I bought my Big Nail Shiner back in 2012 from The Body Shop and although it’s looking a bit past its best with infrequent use, it still works. Considering it only cost £2 (same price now) I think this is fantastic value for money and it’s one of those staple beauty items I will continue to buy.

There are three parts to the Shiner to smooth, buff and shine the nails. Starting with the dark grey portion you lightly file the whole of the nail bed to remove any unwanted lines or bumps, then using the other end (a lighter grey), buff over the nail which helps remove the filings before using the other side to shine the nails. When I’ve finished my nails they usually look like they have a coat of clear varnish on.

The main reason I use the shiner isn’t really for that clear varnish look but to ensure when I put a solid colour polish on that it looks even – it really helps to give you a good surface to start on or you may end up putting additional coats of polish on to cover up the imperfections. If you have a lot of ridges on your nails you do have to be very careful because over filing/smoothing can weaken the nails and cause them to split. It only takes me about 10 seconds per nail (if that) for each of the three parts and if you do want to up-keep, The Body Shop recommends using the dark grey/lighter grey sections every two weeks and you can use the shiner section anytime. I just use mine whenever I have a special occasion.

Another reason my Shiner has lasted so long is because it’s a decent length too. I think it also helps it came in an acetate sleeve so it can be taken anywhere without damaging other items or being damaged. One of the good things, and perhaps one of the downsides too is when using any part of the Shiner close to my cuticles it really doesn’t damage the skin around my nails. There are times when I feel like I can’t get close enough to the cuticle though.

Over time the edges of the Shiner do start to curl or get ripped and the darker grey section may not be quite so rough but if you take care of it, it really can last a decent length of time. It’s easy to carry in your bag and very handy for holidays if you want that polished look without having to take nail polish and remover with you.

29.07.2014 08:59

Advantages

• "Doesn't take up loads of room"
      • "Get dishes really clean"

Disadvantages

• "No quick wash"

Good space saving option

I haven’t always had a dishwasher so it was something that was top of my list when I was getting my new kitchen fitted. With a husband and 2 young children we go through a lot of dishes and it was always left to me to have to wash and dry them so I was very excited to get a dishwasher.

We chose an Indesit dishwasher and the only reason for this was because it was in budget and we already had an Indesit oven and hob.
      We don’t have a massive kitchen so we needed to plan carefully to make sure that we could fit everything in that we wanted. Originally my husband tried to convince me to give up on the dishwasher but I stood my ground and we compromised on getting a slimmer one instead. This is a slimline machine and is compact and takes up less room than most dishwashers do.

There isn’t a huge amount of room inside but it has room for 10 place settings so you can get in 10 plates, saucers, cups etc. I have found that even when I have more dishes with a little bit of jigging around I can fit more in the machine anyway. I would never say this is huge but even being smaller than average there should still be enough space for most families though you may notice that you are using it every day instead of filling it as you go along and turning it on every couple of days.

The two trays in the dishwasher feel sturdy and are smooth at coming in and out and don’t get stuck. There is also a cutlery tray which can be removed so you can carry it full to your cutlery drawer instead of having to stand at the machine and take out the cutlery individually. I love the fact that the top tray is height adjustable as it means that I can fit in even bulky pans to wash instead of having to do them by hand.

The programming on the dishwasher couldn’t be easier to use and there aren’t hundreds of settings to choose from. You just press the button to turn the machine on and then choose what setting you want and there are only 4 to choose from.
      When dishes have been through the cycle they come out clean and sparkly and there is very few times that I have been emptying the dishwasher and noticed any bits of food still stuck on the dishes.

The only thing that I don’t like about this dishwasher is that it takes absolutely ages to go through a cycle. This does mean that it cleans really well but it isn’t so good when you are wanting to use the dishes that are in it.
      There is no short programme and all the ones on it take about 2 hours to go through a cycle while the eco one takes 3 hours!

• LG G2 / Smartphone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.07.2014 01:17

Advantages

• "Good build quality"
      • "Long battery life"
      • "Good resolution"
      • "Good size screen"
      • "Good design"
      • "Good camera"
      • "Android OS"

Disadvantages

• "Akward volume buttons"

A truly Cracking phone for a very affordable price!

The LG G2 is a good phone, although it may not be right for some of you. The screen is vivid and clear running with a 1080p resolution so it scores good there although the standard resolution on phones will most likely move onto 2k soon as the first phones are starting to appear on the market with that. The Snapdragon 800 processor makes this phone quite fast and the above average 13 MP camera is also a great little edition. The powerful battery will last you up to 900 hours on standby or around 17.5 hours of talk time. Though the power and volume buttons are on the back of the phone, which could take some getting used to as its fairly unusual on smartphones although that could be an advantage in the unique category. Also LG decided to add a bunch of extra apps to the LG G2 which may or may not come in handy whilst also giving you the ability to disable but you cannot uninstall them. Although this phone has no micro sd slot, which means no storage expansion, it still comes with good storage starting at 32Gb then 64Gb which is really all you need. It's OS is the latest android which in my opinion is far better than Apple's iOS. But thats down to personal preference I guess. All in all a cracking phone boasting a very good OS, good camera and an all round fast performance.

29.07.2014 00:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Gradually loses heat"
      • Heavy
      • Bulky

Overall, a good idea for heating on the go. But only for short trips.

When my youngest was born, I was surprised to discover that the method of making up bottles of formula had changed. Bottles now need to be made 'on demand' rather than making up bottles of cooled boiled water before adding formula when needed (as I did with my daughter).

In the early days (before we ventured outside the house!), I'd make on demand by boiling the kettle, adding formula and rapid cooling in a bottle of ice cold water. After those initial first days, we invested in the Tommee Tippee 'Perfect Prep' machine. Of course this clever gadget isn't transportable when out and about so we had to research another solution and found the travel bottle warmer. What's more, our son had got used to lukewarm milk and wouldn't take the ready made milk we planned to use when out unless it was his usual temperature.

The travel warmer contains a screw-able plastic lid which doubles up as a jug to add the water stored in the metal travel warmer. Operating the same as a thermos flask, you press a button and pour in to the plastic lid/jug.

We'd fill the travel warmer with boiling hot water and put in the changing bag before leaving the house. When needed, we'd pour the water in to the jug, make up the sterilised bottle with readymade milk and warm the bottle up. This worked well for us as often it'd take a few minutes to get the milk to the ideal temperature if used in the first few hours.

A huge disadvantage of this is how bulky it is! Luckily I had a very big changing bag, so the weight was more of an issue. If we were only out for a few hours, this worked as a perfect solution! However, if out for longer the water would lose its heat quite rapidly (especially if using multiple times as opening it would cause loss of heat).

Priced at around £10, its an ideal solution for warming bottles on the go. Take away its bulkiness and gradual heat loss, its good.

We've now managed to wean our son off warm milk (he seems to be less fussy now he's a little older) so no longer use the travel warmer.

29.07.2014 00:38

Advantages

• "Fantastic costume and makeup"
      • "Diverse characters"
      • "A lot of suspense"
      • Realistic

Disadvantages

• "Gets frustrating"
      • "A lot of sudden shocks"
      • Gory

Not just any zombie programme

Now this isn't just your typical zombie film where the whole thing is about killing zombies, this series is something different. Nobody knows how the apocalypse started but in my opinion this is how life would be for the living if a zombie apocalypse did happen. The meaning behind the name is that "The Walking Dead" aren't actually the zombies or "walkers" they are actually the people trying to survive out there.
      The main character Rick is brilliant you get a real attachment to him and really sympathise with him because he's not just in it for himself he wants to help literally everyone he can. There are a few characters that are just as cool and smart as Rick however his wife and a few other characters just really get on your nerves with how stupid they are and when they do ridiculous things to risk other peoples lives.
      One thing I must say is that they have got the costumes and makeup down to a T. The zombies look so realistic it's scary and each of the characters are dressed accordingly to who they are. It isn't all about the zombies though we actually see more personal storylines between the characters that would happen without the zombies being there but obviously the situation makes it about 10 times more difficult for them. There is a lot of death and I don't mean by just the walkers, people kill each other a lot in this series as well because it focuses on how people and humanity change being put in a particular situation and how some people would risk anything to save their family or even another person they've just become friends with.
      Now this isn't for the faint hearted. If you are scared of horror films or programmes I wouldn't advise it, if you have a weak stomach and don't like seeing people's vital organs being torn out of them or zombies with half of their face chewed off then I'd recommend something else. However if you can hack the horror and gore scenes then it really is a great watch.

29.07.2014 00:25

Advantages

• Educational
      • Fun
      • Engaging
      • Bright

Disadvantages

• "Lack of spinning butterflies!"
      • "Thin mat"

A brilliant addition to the Fisher Price Rainforest range.

When looking for a baby gym, I wanted something bright and engaging. I came across this and fell in love with it straight away! It ticked all the boxes, with all the features you'd expect from a baby play gym and more. We've been using the baby gym for 9 weeks now and have come across more advantages/disadvantage that I hadn't previously considered when buying.

The baby gym comes in a handy bag with a handle. I presume this is to carry it around when travelling. It is packaged in three pieces - the mat and two arches (which has various colourful animals attached to loops). It is very easy to assemble with useful instructions and all you have to do is add batteries (situated inside the giraffe), click the two arches together (one sits under the other) and slide the ends of each ends of the arches in to the holes in the mat.

There is a musical box situated on the top of the baby gym which controls the sounds. It has various settings:

1. Continuous music and jungle sounds (controlled by sliding the yellow switch to the music symbol sign).
      2. Triggered music and jungle sounds (controlled by sliding the yellow switch to the rattle sign). The music triggers when baby moves any of the toys on the arches and it plays for about 10 seconds.

Both settings trigger the lights situated under the box to glow, which creates a soothing environment for the baby. The blue switch is an on/off and sound button.

Aesthetically the mat lived up to my expectations. It is so colourful and features lots of animals. It comes with a pelican (which rattles), butterflies (which dangle down - I did expect these to spin so was a little disappointed to find out they don't). penguin (with a spinning wheel), a dangling monkey, elephant (with spinning bead rattle) and the giraffe has a colourful big mirror hanging from its mouth. The mat features a stream and more colourful animal decor making it altogether very engaging for a baby.

The mat itself has lots of hooks (along with the arches) which means you can reposition the toys depending on the age of the baby (on mat for tummy time for instance). I can imagine this will be very useful in the future.

Overall, I am pleased with the mat but feel it isn't worth the RRP of £59.99. However, its often on promotion and you can usually get it for the £35 - £40 mark which is reasonable. The mat could improve with the addition of spinning butterflies and perhaps the mat itself could be more plushy. I have to place the mat under another to ensure my baby is comfortable. It matches the other Fisher Price Rainforest items which is nice.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown