05.08.2015 08:21

Advantages

• "Self Esteem"
      • "Self Confidence"
      • "Positivism "

Disadvantages

It is as easy as 'Believe in good and the best comes to your way.'

One of the most powerful books ever written. All do need to do is just believe in yourself and all the positive things then start coming to you. By following various approaches mentioned inside this book you will learn how simple it is to push away the mental blocks coming into your way of success and look forward for positive outcome. Once you start believing in positivism using the techniques given in the book the success is all yours.

Author Joseph Murphy unleashes the most easy yet most effective techniques that helps you to identify how powerful your subconscious mind is and how it helps to overcome obstacles.

Highly recommended for everybody.

• Esprit Clothing / Clothing / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      05.08.2015 03:03

Advantages

• "Excellent online shop"
      • "Reasonable prices"
      • "High quality "
      • "Great looking and stylish clothes"

Disadvantages

• "Free delivery is a little on the slow side"
      • "Online only in the UK"

Stylish reliable clothing, good customer service = HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Whenever I need to buy new clothes, the first place I head to is Esprit. While it is a shame that all of their UK stores have closed, they have a strong online presence. That said, the last few years, I have been buying all my Esprit clothes online, so perhaps it makes sense for them to do so.

With this in mind, my review is a two pronged one, first talking about the clothes and then the website.

Quite simply, I can't fault their clothing items as all of them are of high quality and stylish. Even if some items are not to my taste I can still appreciate the quality. Further proof of this is a summer jacket that I have been using the past 3 years. It still looks great, makes me feel great and I get alot of compliments on it!

However the prices at times can be on the higher side. But you do get what you pay for in this instance. If you prefer, Esprit also have a sale section that is constantly updated with new items! Time to fetch a bargain!

The website experience is excellent. Placing an order is easy, as it creating an account. For each purchase you make, you get back 3% the value in points which you can redeem at a later date. To qualify for free delivery, you'll need to place an order of £15+.

Deliveries and returns normally go smoothly. I've found emailing customer service to be a little slow at times. But thankfully they have a freephone number you can call to speak to a customer service agent.
      Sometimes you can get a clueless agent, but I've found them overall to be fine.

Oh, and did I mention that returns are free too!? Again a little on the slower side but in all I have been a very happy Esprit fan for many years.. Their clothes are great!

05.08.2015 00:53

Advantages

• "smells amazing"

Disadvantages

• none

Body butter from HT

I bought a pot of Hawaiian Tropic aftersun moisturiser in a brown tub from Home Bargains a couple of years ago and took it abroad to Majorca for a month, it lasted me the whole time.

Price and availability
      What is interesting right now is the Boots Price is £10 and at Asda it is £5 but I think I paid £4 a couple of years ago.

What does it smell like?
      The big fragrance to me is coconut. It is a little greasy as it is technically a body butter whilst being in a thick cream format.

The claim
      Enriched with coconut oil, shea butter & avocado oil. Pamper your skin with luxurious Hawaiian Tropic™ AfterSun Body Butter. Intensive hydrating with 12 hour moisturisation. Ultra rich moisturisers leave skin feeling silky soft with an exotic coconut scent.

My thoughts
      This can go a bit greasy but it is super moisturising and it smells great too. I am not over keen on the pot format as it feels like it might leak in my suitcase but it was great moisturiser on sun kissed skin. I did have to keep clothing away from it a while after applying as it took a while to sink in.

Final word
      I did notice that they have since changed the packaging on this product from a brown tub to a nice green and white tub, it looks a lot more classy in the new format. Still thoughts about whether it will travel well though!

• Toshiba Satellite A110 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      05.08.2015 00:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fairly good

The Toshiba satellite A110 is ideal for students and for just basic computing. With that said, and out of the way, it is not a very fast computer basically because of the RAM memory of 258 MB and which can be upgraded to 2 GB. So, if you are looking for a computer that can handle multiple heavy software running simultaneously, then I will not really recommend this. But if your aim is to get a system that can handle some simplistic and basic computing, then this is worth taking a closer look at. The hard disk drive storage is nothing to write home about because it is just 40 GB and that is not giving enough leeway for a very heavy file user. It has 3 USB 2.0 ports, the screen size is 15.40 inches with an aspect ratio of 16:10 and a resolution of 1280 x 800. If you are a high end gamer, then I would not recommend this system at all because if you do game often, then overheating starts to occur. The plus side I can award it is its lithium ion battery which lasts for a very long time ( when heavy programs and softwares are not being run on it that is). Since it is really targeted towards students, the internet connectivity is really good because it is equipped with IEEE 802.11 b/g for its wireless, and fast Ethernet for the local area network. I am inclined to say this is a fair performing system based on my experience of it. So before you purchase it, really think about your computer needs, and if it by any means match what you are in the market for, by all means go for it.

04.08.2015 22:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Kept our baby happy while it lasted!

We bought this mobile for our daughter's crib during a phase of having difficulty in soothing her at night. I think she was a few months old. I remember that we relied on it quite heavily so clearly we found it to be an effective soother and we had a huge stash of batteries that we had to change in a hurry mid bedtime routine when they ran out.

The mobile is a fairly chunky plastic affair with five little soft toy insects hanging down - a butterfly, a dragonfly, a bee, a ladybird and a bird. When in use they turn around in a circle, and this totally entranced our baby, she loved to watch them. In fact I used to change her nappy next to her crib so she could watch them to keep her happy while changing her clothes and nappy.

This mobile plays music and considering that we listened to the lullabies over and over again, they were not too annoying! You can choose from different timer settings so you can put the music on and it will turn off after ten, fifteen or twenty minutes, depending which you set it to.

This product did not actually last that long, hence the three star rating, and no longer worked after around four months. However, we got a LOT of use out of it during that time, and it was very effective for us during a difficult sleep phase. We kept the little toys and she liked to play with them for a long time afterwards, they were the perfect size to hold in her hand.

04.08.2015 22:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great ride on toy for toddlers

My Daughter has been lucky enough to receive some brilliant gifts from friends and family and this was one such present. It is one of my favourite toys that she has received and she absolutely loves it too. She treats her ladybird as a kind of pet and pats her on the head and says hello. When she was just learning to walk she turned it around and used it as a kind of walker. The wheels on this toy turn quite quickly but we often took it to the local park so she could run around in an open space with it and she had great fun with it. The bumpy grass slowed it down somewhat so it was perfect for her around the age of one year old.

Now that she is turning two she is actually getting a little too big for it but she still gets a lot of use from it. The bigger version would be better suited to her now, although the small one is pitched at ages one to three years. To play with it now she does scoot herself around and she also likes to put her feet up and ask me to push her through the house at top speed. Another favourite game to play with her ladybird is to sit her teddies on it and take them for a ride around the house.

This ride on toy is easy for little feet to manoeuvre and they have a good, high quality design which look good. Our one is well used but still looks as good as new.

• LeapFrog My Talking LapPup / Baby Toy / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Annoying for parents but loved by babies!

My Daughter received this as a gift when she was around four months old. She still plays with it now at 2 years old.

This toy is designed to look like a sort of laptop, with a flip lid. It is appealing to babies and toddlers with a puppy face that speaks to them. It has a sturdy handle for carrying and big colourful buttons that are easy to use. The buttons have the numbers one, two and three on them and are in the shapes of a square, a triangle and a heart. There is also a star button and a button with a musical note.

Other features include a spinning wheel containing coloured balls and a little 'biscuit' that slides up and down.

Honestly this is one of those toys that has been quite annoying for me as a parent. I have found the puppy's voice pretty irritating to listen to over and over again and always put it on the lowest of the two available volume settings.

However, my Daughter has really enjoyed this toy! At one stage it was absolutely her most favourite toy. She loves the songs and has learnt to sing 'Twinkle Twinkly Little Star' through playing with it. It hasn't kept her interest ever since she has had it, but after a month or two of being at the bottom of the toy box she has renewed interest in it when it is rediscovered.

I have a friend whose toddler also has this toy and enjoys it too. It offers the opportunity to learn about numbers, colours, shapes and music.

• BT Converse 425 / Telephone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:11

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Telephone

The BT converse range look like normal business or home-office telephones, but are intended to give some help for people who have difficulty with the phone. They include amplification and are hearing aid (telecoil) compatible. This phone is the top of the converse range.
      The amplification is good for those with a mild to moderate hearing loss - i.e. people who sometimes struggle when using a normal phone. If the hearing loss is more severe the telecoil and amplification through a hearing aid becomes essential. It also has a small light to show when it's ringing.
      The hands free option works extremely well, the speaker's voice is loud and clear.
      Some of the additional functions are superfluous, like the calculator. Much easier to use a normal calculator. The call timer is manual - you have to remember to start it at the beginning of a call. I'll still give the phone five stars as these functions are inessential anyway.
      Entering numbers into the directory is easy enough, but you have to be fairly quick as it times out if you spend too long double checking the number. Probably easier to have someone read numbers out to you as you enter them.
      The flashing light is useful - if you can't hear the phone ringing due to background noise there's a good chance you would see the flashing light if the phone's on your work desk. However, if at home, the flashing light would be too subtle to notice if you were watching TV for example.
      The LCD screen is large and clear. Shame it doesn't have a backlight. No problem in a bright office but again, at home, the display doesn't stand out.
      Overall, the phone is an enormous help if you need a little amplification, works superbly in hands free mode and has a relatively large memory (75 numbers) with quick access through the directory using the jog-wheel. The LCD and flashing light are probably more effective in an office than a less well lit living room.
      If you just need a basic phone with amplification, check the BT big buttons phone. But if you also need to store lots of numbers (with their names) this phone is worth the extra cost. It feels solid and well made, should have a substantial life.
      Finally, it feels comfortable to use for long periods!

• Sennheiser PX100-II / Headphones / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.08.2015 22:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice Pair Of Headphones

A musical all-rounder which lets you enjoy your personal favorites anytime and anywhere on your portable player or phone. Every detail has been attended to. These lightweight foldable headphones produce a warm, natural sound with a resounding bass and have won multiple awards. The open-back design is the key to delivering this great sound, while keeping you aware of activity near you when out and about on busy city streets. Available in smart black or cool white.

Amazingly powerful sound for their small size
      Unique, simple and sturdy fold-up design for easy and safe transportation
      Open-backed headphones produce a more natural, ‘true-to-life’, response

No matter where you enjoy listening to your music these headphones will provide hours of pleasure. The PX 100-IIs deliver a tremendous level of detail to the instruments, with enjoyable clarity while keeping the treble under control. Do be aware that the open design will mean others near you will hear your music and you will hear what's going on in the background too.

Features

High quality sound in a lightweight and travel friendly design - for every type of music
      Open-cell foam ear pads - allow you to hear your environment and keep your ears cool for longer periods of listening
      Comfortable design - with lightweight materials, soft foam ear pads and headband padding
      Robust materials ensure a long lifespan including a metal-hinged headband - for added strength
      Single-sided cable to prevent tangling
      Supplied with soft vinyl bag - for storage and protection

This headphone is compatible with any device with a 3.5mm headphone socket for audio, including MP3,iPod, iPhone (iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries).

04.08.2015 22:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

A high quality play kitchen that my Daughter loves!

I had seen this kitchen at other people's homes before buying it for our Daughter. Initially I had purchased a more inexpensive one for my 16 month old for Christmas but it was poorly made and a couple of items broke immediately so I returned it and bought this IKEA kitchen instead. Eight months later I have only positive things to say about it.

This kitchen has a lovely modern design and is gender neutral, which is nice because often play kitchens seem to be overly girlie. It has a a hob area with two red rings which light up red - this requires batteries - as if it is hot, a sink, a microwave, and two cupboards which can be used as an oven and as a storage area. There is a rail to hang utensils on. The utensils have to be bought separately but are only a few pounds. There is also a set of pans that can be purchased separately to make playing with this kitchen more fun.

This kitchen has three different height settings so it can be used for some time and can grow with your child.

This item is purchased as a flat packed product and needs to be assembled yourself. My husband tells me this play kitchen was fairly straight forward to assemble.

My Daughter has had lots of use from this toy and we keep it in the kitchen for her to play at cooking while I am cooking alongside her, which has the added bonus of helping me to get dinner made more easily. It allows her to use her imagination and she has developed her understanding of food by playing with this toy.

04.08.2015 21:51

Advantages

• "Comfortable and relaxing"

Ikea Poang armchair

Having recently moved house I have been busy moving things round and trying to work out what goes where. I had more or less got everything in place but I realised that I needed a chair in the kitchen/diner as I spend a lot of time in this room and although there are the dining room chairs I wanted a nice neat chair to sit and read comfortably. A friend has got two of these chairs and I have always liked the so I had been on the Ikea website and was considering buying one although at £55 it was a bit too expensive at the present time.

So I had a look on Ebay and found someone selling one about ten miles away from me so I started to watch it. I say watch as I never bid straight away but will place my bid within a few seconds of it finishing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, as if there are a few people doing this then you don't have time to put another bid in if theirs is higher than yours. However this time it worked and I won it for just £10.50 which I was very pleased with as I had bid up to £20.

The one I bought is different to the one shown in the picture, as mine is light beech wood with a black fabric seat but you can also get them in different coloured wood and different coloured fabric options. The covers are fully detachable and are machine washable but as it is black and I will be the person using it the most I don't think I will have to do this very often but it is good to know that I can do it if needed. There is a cushion built into the seat and the back is quite high with it all being padded for comfort.

It doesn't have traditional legs but it has a square frame on the floor which extends up the front and then curves back into the arms so it is slightly bouncy to sit on which makes it very comfortable. There is a piece of wood across the front and underneat the cushion for support. I find that the chair is quite low so my feet can touch the floor which I don't always achieve as I am quite short, so this adds to the comfort for me.

I am so pleased with my purchase and would gladly have spent more as it was just what I wanted. This chair would be suitable for any room in the house and I would definitely buy another one if I needed a casual but very comfortable chair for the house

• Lavera Macadamia Body Wash / Body Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      04.08.2015 21:47

Advantages

• "Organic ingredients"
      • "Foams up quickly"

Nuts about passionflowers

I do like organic toiletries but I do find that they are often far more expensive than non organic ones so when I see them on offer I will buy them. I have used quite a few Lavera products and can say that they are really good quality and you don't have to use very much to produce good results.

] bought this Organic Milk and Honey bath and shower gel from Holland and Barratt when they had their buy one item and get the other one for a penny, so I got two tubes for £6.46. One tube obviously costs £6.45 which I just wouldn't pay for a shower gel but I think that £3.23 a tube is a decent price for such a luxurious and also organic product. Lavera products are 100% fragrance free and are not tested on animals. They are also free of colouring agents and synthetic preservatives so they are suitable for even the most sensitive skin.

The tube is 150ml and it has a photograph of macadamia nuts on the front. It has a white flip top which you click down securely after use to secure and the tube is easy to squeeze as it stands on the lid so the gel is always at the squeezy end. I find that I only need about a ten pence piece size of the gel to squeeze onto my sponge and this is enough for my whole body. I will rub it into the sponge until it starts to foam which it does very quickly and unlike some other shower gels the bubbles seem to increase as I am washing rather than disappearing so I never have to use a second squeeze.

It contains organic macadamia nuts and organic passionflower and it smells sweet and slightly floral and I can smell it on my skin for a long time after using it and my skin does feel soft and hydrated. I would say that this would be suitable for both sexes but as I keep my nice shower gels in my toiletry box this isn't going to happen in our house!

I do feel that I am giving my skin the best care by using this product as I know that I am not using any chemicals or unnatural ingredients. I do recommend this shower gel as it leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling lovely for a long time after using it with a natural smell rather than a synthetic smell. It is ideal to use every day for all skin types as it is kind to your skin and I am happy to recommend it and will definitely buy it again

04.08.2015 21:45

Advantages

• "Good Sound Quality "

Disadvantages

great one

Fast forward four days and this beautiful piece of hardware was in my hands and I was beside myself with joy.
      Unfortunately, this joy was short lived. Remember, this is a 2500Rs product so it should be evaluated accordingly.
      The sound quality is underwhelming. JBL products are usually high on the treble. This one delivers an adequate but not impressive amount of bass that comes at the cost of clarity. The higher frequencies are strangely muted. The JBL does a better job when playing poor quality mp3s than FLAC or CD formats.
      Some people have complained about tightness but this is not an issue even with my rather large head. The padding material around the drivers is soft and initially feels comfortable but after about 5 min of keeping the headphones on, your ears feel like they are each in their own personal sauna. In Bangalore this is something you can live with but in a hotter place using it in a non ac environment would be torture.
      Do I regret buying these headphones? At this price, no, but to pay anything more than 900Rs for them would be folly. It would be better to buy an entry level Sennheiser.
      If, like me, you're buying this as a stop gap option before splurging on an expensive pair, go for it. If this is going to be your only pair of headphones, look elsewhere buy generally from WS retail, but thought of taking a risk with new seller.
      FX audio also rocks with the best quality delivered

04.08.2015 21:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Excellent toy with lots of fun and learning opportunities

My Daughter received this as a Christmas gift when she was 16 months, and it has been one of her favourite toys. I have noticed it has also been extremely popular with all the babies and toddlers that have visited our house to play.

Melissa and Dough are a high quality brand that manufacture children's toys that are often educational and stimulating. Their products are quite expensive and this latches board retails at about £20 on Amazon.

The toy itself is a large sturdy board with 6 double doors. Each door has a different style of latch to open and close it. For instance, there is a bolt, a hook and eye and a chain. On the front of each door there are the numbers one to six and each is in a different bright colour. Behind each door there are pictures of animals that correspond to the numbers. For instance, there is a picture of one horse behind door number one and there is a picture of six fish behind door number six.

This toy is bright and colourful and intriguing to babies and toddlers, who immediately want to touch it. The main activity of mastering the different latches provides a lot of stimulation, and encourages the development of fine motor skills. There is also the opportunity to learn about numbers, colours and animals. I feel this is well worth the price tag. It was one of the more unusual gifts she received so I would definitely say it makes a good present. Most importantly my Daughter had lots of fun playing with it.

04.08.2015 19:53

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Various designs and colours"
      • Comfortable

Disadvantages

Comfortable sandals that are hard wearing

I have several pairs of these velcro fastening sandals and find them to be very comfortable and a good fit. After a fall I found that I couldn't wear mu usual type of sandals with heels and thin straps. I find that these look okay with trousers and longer skirts and they have been a very good buy for me in the time that I have needed something comfortable to wear. I have recently purchased another pair which are a neutral colour and have flower detail which makes them a very pretty footwear item.

The straps have a good strong velcro fastening and they have proved to be hard wearing and stay looking good for a long while even with plenty of wear.

Shoezone on a whole is a bit hit and miss with a lot of shoes not lasting longer than a few weeks and look like they have been made out of nothing more than a thin layer of cardboard covered in plastic. However these sandals are of good quality, very comfortable and come in a wide range of colours and styles but with the same comfort fittings and are hard wearing.

They are fourteen pounds and ninety nine pence to buy and I feel they are good value for money as they seem to last well. I have one pair that has got me through three Summers and a new pair bought in May which are proving to be as good as the previous pair.

I would definitely recommend these sandals to anyone wanting a comfortable pair of Sandals with velcro fastening adjustable straps.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown