• buynutribullet.co.uk / Electronic Store / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.03.2015 17:37

Advantages

• "Stylish sleek look "
      • "Easy to use "

Disadvantages

• "Pricey "

A great product, would definitely recommend to a friend :)

Overall I do really like this product! It was purchased by a relative and although I am very much into health and fitness, I was very sceptical...just another gimmicky blender I thought! The nutria bullet is compact and very powerful. What's great about it is that you can throw so many different food items in there ( I'm talking nuts and veg, not just fruit and leaves) and you'll still get a quick, smooth blend, with no damage or trauma to the blender.

I love the compact 'bullet' design, it looks stylish in your kitchen if left out all the time. This I think is very important as when creating a healthy lifestyle the hassle of getting a blender in and out of the cupboard every time you what to use it can really put you off bothering! It us also very easy to use, simply pushing and twisting the top in place to start the blending. It's fab if you're short on time as you can drink from the container you've blended in...no need to decant it unless you want to! Also, despite the compact size I've always been pleased with the amount of smoothie I can get out of one blend (good for couples!) All in all I would definitely re purchase this product...the only thing that puts me off is the price, but to be honest I do think it's worth it. I would just rather spend less on a blender, but as they say...you get what you pay for! :)

02.03.2015 17:25

Advantages

• "Smells nice"
      • "Lovely colour"

Disadvantages

• "Not overly moisturising"

Nice natural lip balm, nice colour pay off, but most moisturising!

I originally tried the non tinted lip balms from burts bees and really liked them, so decided I would try the tinted ones. Although they do leave a nice colour I wasn't hugely impressed and wouldn't pick it over a lipstick/lipgloss (purely on colour) As for the moisturising qualities, it is ok...This is moisturising and glides on nicely. However I have found with burts bees that their lip balms leave a residue on my lips, and after a few hours I can end up needing to wipe my lips off! This may just be me but is a huge turn off for many lip balms.

The packaging is good quality, I've never had any issues. There is also a a few colour choices if you like this one, or if like me you've tried burts bees but don't think this is the colour for you. I've also tried the red one which I did prefer, but hey it all comes down to the colour choice :)

Product claims to be 100% natural which is always good and was a bonus for me, however I have to say after trying this out I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be. Don't get me wrong it is a good lip balm with a nice colour, pleasant smell, with natural good quality ingredients....but it's not something I would rave about and probably would not re purchase! If you get on with the other burts bees products give it a go, but otherwise I wouldn't bother :)

02.03.2015 16:59

Advantages

• "Good quality"
      • "Comes with two rollers"
      • "Can get replacement rollers"

Disadvantages

A good quality paint roller set at a good price

I bought this roller tray set from Homebase when I was painting my lounge as I find that the finished effect of the paint looks much smoother compared with using a normal paintbrush and it also makes the job much quicker. I paid £4 for this set but I didn't think this was too bad as what makes it different from other rollers is that you get two rollers with it rather than the usual one. It is the rollers which are the most difficult to wash out after use and I find that I make so much mess in the sink while I'm doing it as well as getting paint all up my arms that I find it much easier to throw them away.

This set from Homebase contains a nine inch tray which is the usual black plastic and it has the raised section which is textured so when you roll the brush across when you have dipped it in the paint it helps to scrape off the excess paint so it doesn't drip when you lift the roller from the tray to paint. The other half of the tray is a rectangular well which you tip the paint into. As this set only has a nine inch roller the tray is just a little wider than this but you can still get a decent amount of paint in it to use.

The rollers have a light yellow sheepskin cover which isn't too thick but I found it still applied the paint well and evenly. I think that sometimes if you have one of the very thick rollers you can pick up too much paint so you end up putting it on the walls thicker and this uses a lot more paint. The handles are black and they are ridged to make it easy for your hand to grip onto and this is attached to a silver metal frame which the roller goes onto. You have to push the roller quite hard to get it to slot onto the frame but it does feel very secure when it is on and it doesn't move around at all.

Although you do have to still use a brush to cut in around the edges I find that a roller is much quicker than using a paintbrush for the whole job. The handle is only short on this one so I did have to use a stepladder but I think that by using one with a short handle gives you more precision.

Although I washed the plastic tray out as I changed the colour to paint the ceiling I did throw the roller out as I wasn't scrubbing away until it was clean. Homebase do replacement rollers for this set although they do cost £3.00 so it is probably cheaper to buy another set as you do get two and also the tray, which is what I would probably do when I am ready for my next decorating project.

02.03.2015 16:53

Advantages

• "Two ears are better than one"
      • Comfortable

Disadvantages

• "Only works with RJ11 jack"

You don't have to work in a call centre to benefit from a headset.

This is the headset I bought to use when I'm working from home about eighteen months ago. Since that time it's been used several days a week and it's still doing well.

I chose a Binaural - two ears - headset because I find it very hard to block out noises around me. I have two monoaural headsets at work - one for my phone, the other for my laptop for the office communicator system - and I always struggle to hear if people around me are making a lot of noise, and believe me, some days it gets horribly noisy at work.

Of course at home I'm only blocking out the cats miaowing, the postman knocking at the door or the next door neighbour's incessant whistling, but I still find that having an equal amount of noise in both ears is a lot more comfortable than being unbalanced.

The ear sections are nicely padded and always comfortable. The piece that goes over the head is adjustable and fits me well but if you have a particularly small head, they may be a little loose. The mouth piece is not the most attractive or slick that I've seen but it's effective and can be adjusted to enable you to have the microphone to the left or right of your mouth, whichever you prefer.

The headset plugs into the RJ11 slot on the bottom of my BT Converse phone which I bought specially to use with it. Many phones no longer have such a hole so take care to check that yours can cope with a headset before you buy. At 1.2 m long, the cable is plenty long enough for me when I'm sitting at my desk at home but if you're in an office environment where you might need to get up, walk from your desk to a cupboard or filing cabinet, you'll need to look for one with a longer cable or the potential for an extension.

Once you've got used to a headset, it's hard to go back to using a normal phone. It's better for posture and it leaves both your hands free when you're on the phone which is ideal if you need to be able to type at the same time. I wanted this so much that I paid my own money - all 21 pounds of it - and you can get them on Amazon at the moment for a pound less.

02.03.2015 16:46

Advantages

• "Quick to process documentation"
      • Large

Disadvantages

• "Disparaging about competition to drive sales"
      • " when they don't"
      • "Suggest that they have access to whole market"
      • "Lie/Mislead to make a sale"

Inconsist service and dishonest.

Case ref: M1819334
      I felt that L&C mortgages were very sales orientated. They suggested things on the initial calls that weren't entirely true and resulted in delays to my house purchase and to me funding things that I woudlnt' have been required to fund if they were honest and transparent. Post-sales management of the case was extremely slow and it was difficult to get a response. When I mentioned that I was unhappy with the level of service, I stopped receiving responses at all.
      This is a shame because although I felt mislead by the sales and case managers for my residential mortgage, they did a great job of my buy-to-let mortgage (M1815739) but the residential mortgage has been extremely poorly handled.

• Canon MVX300 / Digital Camcorder / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.03.2015 16:21

Advantages

• price
      • "good quality video"
      • convenient

Disadvantages

• "not found"

Camcorder for shooting home videos

My family was planning to buy a camcorder for home movies. I considered buying a lot of options, but decided to take it Canon MVX300 because:
      Really liked the design of the camera. The image is very good thanks to the aperture F1,8, zoom ratio is equal to 18. Removes widescreen video. The matrix size - 1/4,5 inches with a resolution of 1.33 million pixels.
      Although the camera of this series and don't have the advanced audio part, who wants, will be able to get the playback high quality. It is enough to connect an external microphone and headphones. Because the audio path this camcorder DV format has good features. And the sound quality is lost due to low quality built-in microphones. And due to the fact that they cannot be placed close to the signal source.
      The video camera provides a crisp image when shooting even in the most difficult conditions in bright sun. Quality anti-glare coating monitors at a high level. There is a possibility to adjust the brightness of yourself for obtaining high contrast and saturated images.
      Functions - a full set of everything. Different software exposure modes. For beginners - easy mode shooting. While other functions are blocked, so that inexperienced nothing could spoil. Widescreen shooting mode allows you to get a very impressive images on screens large TVs.
      On this camera you can take photos with a maximum resolution of 1280x960. And to do simultaneous photo and video. In image mode, experienced, there is a special function, to obtain a better photo.
      Management camcorder Canon is very convenient. Its main advantage is that the modes and functions are enabled or configured very quickly. To activate night mode uses a separate button. For families a very good camera. All advise.

• HTC Incredible S / Mobile Phone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 16:06

Advantages

• "Stylish looking"
      • "Good camera quality"
      • "Great screen with smooth operating."

Disadvantages

• "Compare to old phone battery life is not great."
      • "The design is not great"

Better than thee Old model Phone's

Aiding in bringing Android to the mainstream, Verizon's HTC Droid Incredible surely did its fair share of work in spreading the goof word about the richness of Android-especially when it's tastefully complemented with its favorable high end specs. And even though it was semi-regarded as being a variant of the also impressive Google Nexus One, it was able to build its own legacy on Big Red's line up, which even to this day, proves to be a contender in a crowded space. Now roughly a year later, HTC unveiled a supped up Android smartphone that retains the Incredible branding, while finding some moderate upgraded hardware. This time HTC unveiled a supped up Android smartphone that retains the Incredible branding, while finding some moderate upgraded hardware. This time HTC is taking the Incredible line to Europe as well, since what we have here is the European line to Europe as well, since what we have here is the European edition of the new model dubbed Incredible S, while verizon's version is yet to be officially introduced, supposedly under the name Droid Incredible 2. Still, both deivces seem to be identical from what we have seen thus far, so we presume what we are looking at here is an accurate prelude to the Droid Incredible 2. The HTC Incredible S is looking to be yet another respectable high-end device from HTC's camp, but will it shine radiantly among the new breed of next-generated Android devices out there?
      Pros :
      Great screen, good camera.
      Fine performance.
      Sense interface enhancements work well.
      Cons :
      Ugly design.
      Does not feel like a next generation Handset.

• Fujitsu Lifebook S904 / Laptop / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.03.2015 15:41

Advantages

• "QHD display "
      • "Attractive design "
      • " Modular bay design "

Disadvantages

• " Price"

It is great laptop

The beautiful dual tone Fujitsu LifeBook S904 looks good and brings serious computing power. It weighs about 1.5 kg, the display lid is made from magnesium alloy and the device comes with either black/silver or red/silver. There are a few models with the Intel Core i7-4600U quad core processor clocked at 2.1 GHz being top of the line. Users can opt for a combination of 12 GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM and a SATA3 512GB SSD for some serious power. On board is an Intel HD 4400 graphics chip and a 13.3 inch LED backlit WQHD Anti-glare IGZO display which comes with optional touchscreen capability. The Lifebook has only three USB ports, but they're all USB3. There's a Gigabit Ethernet port and the usual 3.5mm headset port. 1.5 kg: This sub-notebook weighs less than the average of all notebooks and represents a medium class of weight among the sub-notebooks. 11 inch displays are normal for this class of weight.

• Acer Aspire Switch 10 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.03.2015 15:36

Advantages

• keyboard
      • designed

Disadvantages

• "the default 32GB SSD is too small for someone"

i love it from first time

The Acer Aspire Switch 10 has a hybrid mechanism that actually works, and it has a decent keyboard and touchpad for such a small body,nitial thoughts: I have to say this little 2in1 has surpassed my expectations. I've never owned a laptop before. I'm into computer gaming and video editing, so a desktop has always been my go to device. But I recently got into in-home sales, and I needed something to present design ideas and bids to clients.
      Pros: Small; lightweight; surprisingly fast at loading programs (because of SSD); magnetic snap function works well, screen looks good for not being full HD; comes with office pre-installed. unbeatable price.
      cons: screen randomly changes brightness for no reason. Since most of the weight is in the screen, when it is in laptop mode, you cant tilt the screen back more than 45 degrees without it tipping over.
      Bottom line: If your looking for something to be your main computing device, you should look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a device that is great for work and school and you don't want to spend an arm and a leg, this is the best bang for the buck.

02.03.2015 15:22

Advantages

• Simple
      • Fun

Disadvantages

• "People Cheat"

Fun Simple Game

It is a little like Pictionary in that you are given a thing to draw and you have draw it in order for the person you are playing against to guess. There are different levels of things to draw in each go and you get coins if your opponent correctly guesses the word from your drawing. You get a choice of three words in each go and are awarded one, two or three coins depending on the difficulty. I have a pretty good imagination and a logical mind and so can often think outside of the box for things to draw, but the hard words are indeed that; hard. For example on the last go I had, the three options were mountain (simple enough), buzz (I probably would have attempted Buzz Lightyear) and weak (which would have stumped me!).

The best thing about it is probably the simplicity of the game. They have taken a very familiar game and made it digital. The app is so easy to use because there are very few functions on it and the ones that are there are easy to find from the main menu which is very easy to navigate, as you can see from the picture with this review. It is also very brightly coloured which, along with the simplicity will make it very appealing to young players and equally so to people like me who just want a few minutes entertainment, rather than to be totally engrossed in a game for hours.

There are no rules to the game. This might sound like me being a bit of a killjoy, but it can be frustrating. For example, the name of the game is ‘Draw Something’, which indicates to me that you are supposed to draw. There are so many people that tend to just write the word down. Now, if I have picked something that I can’t draw very well, I have a go at it and then I might write something as a sort of clue, but only in rare circumstances and because I don’t want the other person to lose out on their coins. The problem is that lots of people write it down even when it is something simple like cat. I find that really frustrating and wonder why they even do it. There is no way of reporting it either; you just have to delete the game with them.

It is a great game for youngsters because it is bright, easy to play and you don’t have in app purchases. There isn’t a great deal of variation, but if you fancy a familiar, easy going and fun game, then this one might just be for you. It won’t cost you anything to try it, so what have you got to lose?!

• Destiny (PS4) / Playstation 4 Game / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.03.2015 15:22

Advantages

• "Effective controls"
      • "Good server speeds"
      • "Hardly any bugs"
      • "Stunning visuals"
      • "Engaging multiplayer"

Disadvantages

• "The story is not great"
      • "Single-player mode is a bit linear - this game was built for multiplayer"

Excellent fun for online multiplayer, single player mode average

Destiny is a stunning game the strength of which lies in its multiplayer mode – understandable, given that it is an MMO. For me, it provided the best multiplayer experience since Halo 3, with players able to co-op through the main storyline or clash in the Crucible.

The Crucible is Destiny's 'player vs player' option and offers games that are 'one on one' as well as team battles, with modes including 'capture the flag' as well as 'fight to the death' styles of gameplay. The Crucible is unlocked once the player reaches level 5, which doesn't take too long but may require a bit of grinding.

The single-player story is less good - it still plays well, but feels very generic and underpopulated, particularly as you can still see the other players teaming up around you and going about their missions. If you want to join in, you have to pay. PlayStation Plus doesn't cost much, however, at around £6 a month, and comes with free games every few weeks, so it's well worth it.

Destiny is for lovers of MMOs – its single player doesn't really stand up on its own, at least not very well, especially since you will need to revisit missions or grind on 'patrol' missions (these are free-roam missions with mini objectives that appear to have been put in place specifically for grinding purposes) in order to get enough strength and levels to progress in the game. Since the storyline isn't the game's strength, this gets boring. Playing with friends makes all the difference.

• Caudalie Divine Oil / Caudalie / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.03.2015 15:11

Advantages

• " and beautiful smell"
      • "Makes skin glow"

Disadvantages

• none

I will buy again for the Next Month

No matter what I use in my shower or bath, my skin always feels dry and tight afterwards without moisturising. Sometimes a slather of body butter all over feels like such a chore though.
      This wonder multi-use product contains a blend of four precious oils including grape, hibiscus, sesame and organ oils. The scent is very comforting but fresh and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. The bottle has a spray applicator which I personally think is fantastic for an oil as it cuts out any pouring, over spill and general mess. The bottle has a simple design yet feels super luxurious with it. Great for using as a normal body oil, Caudalie Divine also suitable for using on your face, hair and cuticles (and in the bath!); and I'm very pleased to report that it hasn't made me break out unlike some other 'multi-purpose' oils I have tried in the past.
      Caudalie Divine Oil is on the pricier side of soils, but as you can use it all over the body, put with the spray bottle so you don't use too much, the cost per use is brought right back down. Cheaper oils are often filled with waste such as inexpensive mineral oil so for a bottle to be filled to the brim with natural goodness is great! I tend to overdo it with products like this but Caudalie offering is effective enough without being too heavy on the skin.
      It is an elaborate purchase, but I definitely rather use something like this instead of either waiting an age for heavy lotions to sink or even worse, skipping the moisturising step altogether. Two thumbs up! Are you a fan of Caudalie?

• Erbauer PSC1585L / Power Saw / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 15:09

Advantages

• "got a lot of power"

Disadvantages

• "made me nervous when using it. "
      • "feels unsafe when using"
      • "It can be a battle to control"

A circular saw that made me shudder when using it .....

This has a good 1500watts of power with a maximum cutting depth of 62mm. It has two handles, with the rear handle having the trigger under it, together with the locking button.
      The footplate can be angled, by loosening the plastic wingnut on the front of the plate, tightening the same nut when you get the angle you want. Or you can leave the footplate level to do a standard straight cut.
      The footplate on this is made of something that looks as tough as steel but in reality it's as strong as that aluminium foil you put in the bottom of your grilling plate to catch the grease from the sausages you're cooking. This plate seeming to move more than it should, which lets this once down right from the start.
      But that's not the worst of this one. The worst thing is that the guard that covers the most dangerous part of this saw, the spinning blade, is made of the same fragile material, which was the main reason that made me want to give this.
      To be honest, i'm usually pretty confident when it comes to using such tools, having grown up with using them, knowing what they, and myself, are capable of doing. But this one seemed to make me nervous each time I used it. When I say nervous, I really mean it scared the beejeebies out of me. The reason being that as soon as the blade began to spin, getting to full power straight away, the entire saw housing began to shake so badly that I was struggling to keep hold to it. And that was before the blade hit the wood I planned on cutting.
      There was just something with this that made me feel like it wanted to take my hand off as soon as pulled the trigger. It's like it's alive, a crocodile on steroids, a piranha with an attitude. It's one of those tools that should not be used by anyone with a nervous disposition as will put them off using power tools forever...

For the record, I am obliged to tell you the price of this, which I don't want to really as if you bought this due to the low price of £35 - £40.the price sounds good but is it worth losing a few digits if things go wrong?

If I could give this no stars I would, or even minus stars, this saw is that bad.

02.03.2015 15:08

Advantages

• Shopping
      • "Good views"
      • Atmospheric

Disadvantages

• Busy

Chill Out At Ponte Vecchio

'''Ponte Vecchio''' This is the ornate bridge that crosses the river in the centre of Florence and has quite a bit of history that I found fascinating. It has been in situ in its current state since the 1300s and is the only bridge across the River Arno that survived the Second World War (something about Hitler liking it). It was built to connect the town hall on one side with the Pitti Palace on the other side and originally was lined with butchers. This was stopped when the rather self-absorbed Cosimo Medici (of the Medici family to whom most of the riches of Florence belonged) decided that this wasn’t appropriate and replaced them with jewellers. The bridge is still lined with jewellers to this day and is a great place to shop.

There are always buskers playing in the centre of the bridge and it is a lovely place to spend the evening listening to music and watching the sun go down. There are various places to sit and watch the evening entertainment in the centre of the bridge, not least because it is a pedestrian bridge. It is a very atmospheric place to go and while away the hours. You can also get some terrific views from here looking down the Arno river and admiring the iconic Florentine buildings on either side of the river.

When you cross the bridge during the day (to get to the Medici palace among other things), it will be a whole lot busier and a lot less atmospheric, but it is still well worth a visit anyway.

• BenQ W1070 / Projector / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 15:08

Advantages

• "easy to set up"
      • "bright and vivid colours"
      • "decent quality for small range"
      • "budget price"

Disadvantages

• "weak at black colour"
      • "Not good for 3d"

I recommend this budget projector for small rooms and class rooms

These days, if you are looking for a quality projector on a budget, BenQ is usually a sure bet. I paid less than £700 for one of these in 2014 and it is fabulous.

This is my third projector each upgraded from the last. We keep it on the veranda and shoot it to the while wall of the barn across from the patio. In the summer it gives an outdoor theatre to kick back and relax in. Used like I do you lose the high definition quality in return for atmosphere but I have tested in my living room.

This 3D, Full HD, DLP projector continues the budget line.
      It is as compact as ever, and the white chassis now sports a new square-edged design compared with the curved edges of its predecessor.

Setting up projectors always takes some time and care, and this BenQ is no different: adjusting the picture/screen/image to get it perfectly square takes a good few minutes; the front height adjustment is not particularly refined, while there is just one adjustment screw on the back left – which does allow finer adjustments to the angle of the screen.

Once all that is set up, though, adjusting the focus and zoom manually is a breeze.

With a short throw ratio of 1.15 – 1.5 (ideal for small rooms, personal home theatres or even in the classroom/office – since you can get a larger picture in a shorter distance) you are likely to place it in front of you (or ceiling mount it), rather than placed at the back of the room (like in large spaces such as cinemas.)

Delve into the menus and there is scope to make finer adjustments to the picture settings.

One thing to note is that colour and tint settings are not accessible in the W1070 if you are using an HDMI source – rather curious, considering the two HDMI inputs on board invite you to connect Blu-ray players or AV receivers via HDMI.

A small, standard remote control is supplied with the W1070, with easy access to brightness and contrast settings should you need them mid-film. Sadly, there’s no backlight on the remote, so you do have to fumble a bit when using it in a dark room.

The W1070 also has built-in 10W speakers: they’re no substitute for a full 5.1 surround system, but they’re quite nice to have if you’re using the projector for gaming, presentations or casual viewing that does not require much attention to sound.

Play the Blu-ray of 2009’s Star Trek – one of my test favourites – and the scenes inside the USS Enterprise look clear, bright, and full of sharp detail. It is an exciting picture with a robust colour palette with particularly punchy whites that can look a bit overdone and glaring at times – adjusting the contrast levels tone this down to a certain degree.

It is an impressive picture at first glance. Switch to darker scenes, and while the deep blacks look satisfying, they are not forthcoming with a great deal of detail. Shadow definition lacks subtlety; in some scenes, low-level detail is swallowed up so much that you are left with patches of black that look more like silhouettes.

Projecting the DVD of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, it is clear the W1070 is much happier with brighter, outdoor scenes than dark, murky scenes.

It’s with motion that the W1070 falters, juddering across fast-moving scenes and sweeping pans. 3D is not ideal either: the BenQ active 3D glasses (not included; sold separately for £79, while other DLP-compatible brands can be used) are cumbersome and heavy, and the image is not as clear or comfortable in 3D as I would like.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown