• Triton Planer / Planer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.10.2014 00:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good Value

This is
      a fantastic planer for a DIY enthusiast
      PROS:
      The dust collection exhaust is fantastic, especially if you have a dust collection system or dedicated shop vac to plug into. If this is your first planer, you simply won't expect the volume of shavings you will produce. The quality of finish is exceptional. With fresh blades there is no visible snipe at all. While under magnification you could likely see small blemishes, to the naked eye, the finish is perfect. This tool paid for itself within about 2 small projects from the time I purchased it. There is a local saw mill that sells #1 common and better quality hardwoods which ends up costing me about 25% - 35% what I was paying at a hardware store/lumber yard. I now build almost exclusively with ALL hardwood, since Oak from the mill is about the same price as pine from the lumber yard. I have put hundreds of feet of oak, hickory, walnut, and maple through. I find "rustic" hickory to be my favorite (great finish, and compliments many other woods well) to work with, which means lots of knots, and relatively hard (dense) wood. The planer handles this work load fine.

CONS: There are only two complaints I have about the machine. First, it is the loudest planer I have ever used. I work it in my basement, so the whole house knows it when I am working. That said gun muffs are a must if you plan to work with the harder woods. The only other complaint I would have is the life of the blades. As stated above, I run my machine extremely hard. Many people won't even put a knotted board into a planer, it is rare that I feed a board that isn't. I know I am hard on my blades, so I accept that I need to replace them every 3-5 projects to keep a pristine finish. Even with dull blades, a very light sanding with remove the blemishes. I would say the worst I have seen is maybe a

21.10.2014 00:06

Advantages

• "It comes in a very nice bottle"
      • "It is unusual "
      • "It smells very nice"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Caudalie figue de vignes perfume

WHAT IS IT?

Perfume that is made by the French company Caudalie. This is called Figue De Vigne and that means The Fig Vines, it is a good name because there is fig in this perfume and that makes it quite earthy and very different to the Des Vignes perfume that I use from Caudalie also.

THE BOTTLE

I like this bottle just as I like the bottle of Des Vignes and I think they look very pleasing when they are together. The bottles are the same except for the colour and this one has a warmer peach pink colour that I think is very feminine and attractive. It is a spray bottle and I think it sprays the right amount of perfume out every time I spray it onto myself.

THE FRAGRANCE

I think this fragrance is quite hard to work out because there are alot of different smells in it. It has got the smell of wood but that is not always there and it goes away sometimes and comes back later, I like the smell of the figs because they make the perfume earthy and give it a fruity fragrance that is different to perfumes that use fruit like apple or pear.

It smells of oranges also when I first use it but that smell goes away quite quick and then you can not smell orange at all until you use the perfume again. That is not very good for a top note because I think it would be better if the orange smell lasted for longer and mixed with the other smells that come into the perfume.

There is only one floral smell in this perfume and that is rose and I think it is a very natural and nice smell, I can smell rose right from when I first use the perfume and it is the last thing I can smell when it is wearing off also. I like it because it lives for a long time but that does not mean it is too strong and I think Caudalie have added the rose fragrance just right.

WHAT I THINK

I am very happy to wear this perfume and I am going to buy another bottle when I have used mine all up because I like it so much. It has got a very nice smell that you can use for the day or night because even though it is a little bit strong when you first spray it on the smell goes down quite a lot so it is not too over powering to wear in the daytime.

ANYTHING ELSE

This perfume is quite cheap and costs only £21 for a bottle that is 50ml.

5 Dooyoo Stars

20.10.2014 23:35

Advantages

• "Physical and Digital available"
      • Price
      • "Mixture of genres"

Disadvantages

• "No UK bonus tracks"

If pop music has always been your weakness then definately give this album a go.

About The Backstreet Boys:
      The Backstreet Boys first formed in 1993 and are statistically the world's best selling boyband, with over 130 million records sold. They dominated the 90's charts but slowly started to shift from the public eye as the worlds musical taste started to change.
      The Backstreet Boys never broke up despite many peoples perceptions. They took a two year break in the early 00's, and one member left in 2005 for a couple of years to focus on his family and personal goals. The remaining 4 guys recorded two albums; one in 2007 and another in 2009. They formed with New Kids On The Block and released an album in 2011-2012 with their best tracks on and one song they recorded together. This is the first album since 2005 that all five original Backstreet Boys members have been a part of.

The Album:
      The album was written in West London, UK, in 2012 once they had finished their tour with New Kids On The Block. In one of their last shows, they announced that Kevin Richardson was coming back. The boys decided that they wanted to write the album in London which was one of the first places that accepted them as a boyband back in 1995-1996.
      They got together with Martin Terefe and Max Martin, who are both professional song writers, being accountable for songs for Britney Spears, Jason Mraz etc.
      Max had previously worked with the Backstreet Boys before when they were with Jive records.
      They spent 3 weeks in London and at the end of it had at least 16 songs written. They went back to America to do the finishing touches, and brought out the album on 30th July 2013.
      They released their album under their own record label they created called K-BAHN
      (stands for their initials of Kevin, Brian, AJ, Howie, Nick). They partnered up with BMG to help promote their album.
      The album came out as a physical copy and on itunes. I was bought the physical copy but it arrived about a week and a half after the UK release date as mine was pre ordered and being sent from America.
      Different countries get different bonus tracks, but unfortunately the UK only got 12 tracks.
      I bought the physical copy because I just like to have something I can keep in person forever, and aim to one day get it signed by the boys. Inlay features a picture of all five standing on a rock in the middle of the ocean for their photo shoot with Tyler Shields, a professional photographer.
      The insert features pictures from the photoshoot, a brief summary of their 20 years, and a thank you message to the fans from all five. It is a nice read as you can see that they really do appreciate everyone including their fans.
      The CD is orange; its very plain but it doesn't bother me as I don't buy an album because of the CD image. Most of the time its in the case or in the computer so I never see it anyway. The colour theme is orange and blue which I think works well; they cant do black and blue again as that was the colour scheme for their album 'Black and Blue'. Its a mature colour scheme and I like it.
      Tracklist:
      1. In a world like this - One of my favourites. It has quite upbeat music but captures their brilliant harmonies and high notes. They released a music video to this song which was quite simple but conveyed some good messages. From the way I read the lyrics, the song is about no matter what happens in a world like this, you will be okay and make it through if you have that special someone and are able to love and feel loved
      '''In a world like this where people fall apart
      In a time like this where nothing comes from the heart
      In a world like this,
      I've got you'''
      2. Permanent stain - An extremely upbeat song with a lot of beats and instruments going on in the background. Its a sort of corny song but not their typical 90's song like 'As long as you love me'. The music does not over power their singing, you can still focus on hearing them hit those high notes. Each member has their own parts they sing which gives the song a lot of moods. They have so much enthusiasm in the song that I really feel what they are trying to portray. In my view, the song is about how they have been dumped and cannot move on with anyone else as that person has left a permanent stain on their heart
      '''No one else can teach me how to love again
      ‘Cause you left a permanent stain on my heart and I’ve been feeling it
      Never mind what people say ’cause they don’t understand'''
      3. Breathe - A very soft and slow song, with Kevin Richardson leading for a change. Kevin has the perfect voice for this one as the song portrays losing someone you love, possibly a breakup. This song is not one that lifts my mood as the music is soft and the lyrics are sad. I like to listen to it when I'm not feeling too glum or else it makes me feel worse. Brian Littrell hits some amazing and spine chilling high notes near the end of the song, it really makes me feel that he is trying to win the person back.
      '''Without your lips on mine no the sun doesn't shine
      and no I can't breathe
      I can't breathe'''

4. Madeleine - AJ was inspired to write this song as he is aware of the amount of young people that commit suicide due to bullying. The boys had heard about a fan recently committing suicide so they wanted to make a song for everyone who has ever been bullied. This one is a personal favourite of mine when I am feeling down. I had been bullied for many years and found this one appealed to me personally straight away. The music is very simple, its mainly just a bit of background music with a guitar. I love the simplicity of it however as the lyrics are the main importance and attraction, and the music does not distract from it. It is mostly sung by Nick and AJ, who pull off the soft singing very well. A lot of emotion from Nick as always which really makes the song believable. The opening of the song is very sad but near the end the music cheers up and Nick leaves you feeling that everything is going to be okay.
      '''And you’d put it in a movie, maybe be the movie star
      Something stole your tears and wiped your smile away''
      Hold on, don’t let go
      Hold on and you’ll know
      Help is on its way'''
      5. Show 'Em what you're made of - AJ and Kevin were inspired by their young children to write this song. When they released it as a single and made a video, I wasn't too into it but after 3 listens, I'm in love with this song. When i'm feeling down or need some motivation, I listen to it and it just makes me feel hopeful.
      The lyrics and music are amazing, it showcases their harmonies and high notes perfectly. My boyfriend actually really likes this one too which is saying something as he isn't into boyband music.
      '''When walls starts to close in
      Your heart is frozen over
      Just show ‘em what you’re made of'''
      6. Make Believe - The music has a lot of deep beats to it, sounds similar to the kind of music you expect to hear on todays radio stations. I don't like the dubstep sort of music as artists just focus on the music and forget about having proper lyrics that have meaning or make sense. However The Backstreet Boys have found a perfect balance in this song. I love the beat drops the song has and love that the lyrics are not repetitive; it has different verses and there's actually a story to the song. Nick is the main singer in this song and his enthusiasm in singing is spot on. He really makes the song sound more powerful. Nick and Kevins voices are the best for this song; from the lyrics I'd class it as a love song in a way, but they make it sound anything but corny and soft. I fell in love with this song immedatiely upon hearing it and it is still one of my favourite songs by them of all time to listen to even a year on. To me, the meaning of the song is that you and your partner can get through anything you want, that there is nothing you cannot do whilst they are by your side.
      '''If we can only make believe
      You and me, together
      We could be King and Queen'''
      7. Try - my least favourite on this album. It is a very slow song, so at the moment I am not really into it. Maybe in time I will come to appreciate it though when I feel the song applies to me personally. There is not much going on with the music; it showscases AJ's voice the most as he is the main singer in this one which I think was a good choice. My interpretation of the song is that the relationship between the two people is going downhill and one person wants to make it work whilst the other one doesn't want to try. The one person is after getting that person to just try to make it work to go back to how they used to be.
      '''I know you're hurt now
      We can work it out
      If we just try, if you just try!'''
      8. Trust Me - I fell in love with this song instantly. Howie opens up the song and it fits just perfectly, no one else could have sung it better. There isn't much music to the song, there's just a few basic instruments which doesn't distract away from their singing. Simplicity works wonders for this song though. They all get solo parts which I enjoy as it sounds like they are all telling a little part of the story of the one they love. They all bring something special when they all get to showcase their individual voices, The meaning of the song is that you have to trust the other person, and that if you can do that and love them, you will receive trust and love. It is a nice love song but it dos not sound like cheesy pop; its more of a mature adult sound.
      '''Let me tell you about this girl I know
      First glance and damn she stole my heart
      She amazes me'''
      9. Love Somebody - This song is okay but not one of my favourites. I'm not really into the music for it. I think the song is about how to you realise you are with the one you love, but the sound is not corny at all. It's quite the opposite so that's probably why I am not too keen on it. It does have very upbeat music, it would be impossible for you to feel down in the dumps with this kind of beat.
      '''You're the reason I never wanna sleep at night
      Cause nothing that I could dream
      Is better than you by my side'''
      10. One Phone Call - Another song I loved the first time I heard it. Its actually quite a sad song, a typical love song though of a guy trying to show the one he loved that he did actually love them and wants them back. The music stays quiet until it gets to the chorus where it progresses a bit louder as all five sing together in harmony. Its not a really soft and corny sound like their 90's love songs but it really works, its a mature sound and it really works for them. If you're feeling down I wouldn't say its the best song to listen to, however it is a good song to listen to during a break up.
      '''Holding the phone tight, I hear the tone twice
      If you just pick up, swear I can fix us'''
      11. Feels Like Home - Also one of my least favourites, probably because it doesn't relate to me personally. It has a very strange sound to it, I can't really explain it but it sounds sort of like a party sound with the chorus actually slowing down the song. The song is actually very smartly written though. The Backstreet Boys have managed to name so many of the places they have visited, they said it is a song for the fans, like an appreciation. It doesn't have a very fast beat but it is also not extremely slow; its hard to explain it as I consider it to be quite a unique sound.
      '''Moscow, Cape Town, showed us how to get down
      London, Berlin, this is where it all began'''
      12. Soldier - One of my favourites, its an uplifting song that makes me feel like there is hope. It has a sort of drumming beat to it like in the army, which is a very clever implementation as the song is titled 'Soldier'. Nick came up with the idea for the song whilst he was playing a war game on his computer, very random but imaginative. I find it uplifting because the meaning of the song is that no matter what happens, that person will be your solider; they will fight for you and protect you in every aspect of life. I feel that I can relate to it personally so I really like this song and its one I listen to to try and lift my mood up if I am having a bad day. I also love the way they all sound in it,
      '''I will be your soldier
      I, I'll stand and fight until its over
      Oh, and if your heart is getting colder
      You know I will always be your soldier'''

Recommendation:
      I would recommend this album for any one who has liked Backstreet Boys music in the past. Also any one who likes listening to songs about love whether it be positive or negative.
      I think this is one of their best albums to date; they all had control of every aspect of the album and all had their input in every song. There are songs for different moods, don't let the 90's 'typical' Backstreet Boys songs put you off looking into this album. I personally love all their music but a lot of people find their 90's songs too cheesy. The Backstreet Boys have turned down the cheddar in this album and have gone for a more mature sound which I think works perfectly; they are always evolving to musical changes each year but also are staying true to themselves.
      Prices:
      Amazon UK:
      6.99 digital download.
      7.99 phsyical CD copy
      iTunes UK:
      8.99 digital download
      My mum purchased this for me as part of a late birthday present, she spent about £14 on a site that was associated with the Backstreet boys as they were selling copies that came with a personalised poster with your name on.

20.10.2014 23:25

Advantages

• "Getting better with each update"
      • "Lots to offer"
      • "Good short cut system"
      • "Nice looking"

Disadvantages

• "Tiles are best for touchscreens"
      • "can be annoying at times"

Windows 8.1 is not as bad as some people say.... although it's no 7

You've got the option of having the tiles, or 'start page' showing up first or your desk top, which doesn't have the 'Start' section in the bottom left corner, all that is there now is, with a right click, is an area about the size of the 'start' section with options such as 'programs and features' System', 'device manager', 'computer management', 'file explorer', 'search', control panel' and more, with the main one I use being the file explorer as this opens up the 'PC options', such as 'Documents', 'music', 'pictures', etc....
      The tiles give you a quick link to what ever you want to put on the 'Start' page and you can set it up how you want, putting what ever 'shortcuts' you want, even deleting the programs from here if you want to.
      For example, I have set my tiles to let me go straight to my e-mails, show the local weather, or where I am, webcam and sound recorder, notepad and a few more. You can add what you want and have them in a few differant sizes, small, medium, wide or large. This really does let you set it up how you want. Although to be honest these tiles are more for touchscreen PC's so with mine being a none touchscreen I don't get the full benefits. But it's nice to have.
      Also, if you click on the little arrow under the tiles, at the left, you'll see a full list of all that is on the PC, in a sideways rolling motion. So with one click from there you're onto any program on there.

The desktop, as I have mine set to go there first, rather than the tiles, is like the other OS's, which is comforting.
      I also have mine set to have a little folder showing in the 'taskbar', this is so that I have a quick link to the 'file explorer' and also it gives me a link to my recent open programs.
      If you hold the mouse on the 'taskbar' it will show the thing you have open, showing a small 'page' which you then mouse on to go to, left clicking to open it up properly.

There's just so much to say about Windows 8, or 8.1 in my case, which is 8 but posher, so giving me a 500 word limit is just wrong. What I will say though is that this OS does take a bit of getting used to and can be a little bit annoying when things seem to want to go wrong. But all OS's have issues.
      It's not 7, nor is it Vista, (which I loved despite all the horror stories), but it's not as bad as some people are claiming.

20.10.2014 23:04

Advantages

• "They work fast on different hayfever symptoms "

Disadvantages

• "They cost alot to buy"

Benadryl liquid release capsules

WHAT IS IT?

Tablets that help to remove the symptoms of allergies and hayfever, I bought them in the summer when my hayfever was very bad.

HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

You take one capsule once every day in the morning.

DO THEY WORK?

I think these capsules work very good when I have got hayfever. They stop my eyes from running so bad and my chest is not tight also like happens in the summer alot because I cough when I get a tickle throat because of my hayfever. They stop me from being sniffley and I do not sneeze so much when I take these capsules also. They do not help my nose from being blocked but I use Olbas oil for that and I like to use that so I do not care about the capsules not helping my nose.

WHAT I THINK

I am very happy with these tablets and I am glad I bought them because I was not going to and only got these because the tablets I usually buy were not in stock. These are quite big but they are easy to swallow even though the outside feels a little bit sticky and like it is going to get stuck in my throat, that does not happen.

These capsules have got Cetirizine in them and that always works good for my hayfever symptoms so I am happy about that and I think that is what helps them to work so fast. I think I get relief from my hayfever after only about 20 minutes when I have taken a capsule and that is good. I suffer with hayfever only in the day when the sun is out and I am glad I do not get it at night also, I do not know how good these would work at night but for me they are very effective in the daytime and the effects of them last me for all day until my symptoms wear off for the day.

ANYTHING ELSE

These cost quite a lot and are more than £3 for 7 tablets but they work so good that I do not care about the price and they are the best tablets that I have tried for my hayfever and I will buy them again for the next summer.

5 Dooyoo Stars.

• Trixie Dog Bed Jamiro / Dog Accessory / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      20.10.2014 22:53

Advantages

• "nice colour"
      • "good build"
      • "good size"
      • "Nice and comfortable"

Disadvantages

• none

Pamper your dog with one of the most comfortable beds out there... ask my dog

Anyone who has a dog knows how important a good dog bed is. Not only for the comfort of the dog but also for the sturdiness of the bed as some dogs tend to get a little... shall we say, excitable at time. So one picking a dog bed this one is up there with the human equivalent of a four poster bed....
      The one I have is about 900mm by 600mm by about 240mm deep, That's the cushioning, not the side walls, the side walls go up another 130mm. These cushioned walls are about 100mm thick when not squashed too much after the dog's sat all over them.
      The inside is a polyester fleece, apparently, and the cover is polyester and can be removed by a good old fashioned zip.

The sides aren't rigid, which means that it does need plumping up more often that not, but what ever the shape it becomes it still manages to remain like a good cushion for the dog to get a good nights sleep.

Although it is polyester it looks nothing like it, which makes it not only look nice it looks as though it can withstand the test of what my dog does to it when there's no one else in the room, (any dog owner will know what I mean there....!!!).
      The base has a rough feel to it which is the non-slip material so that it doesn't slide along the floor, although it is no good when my dog's doing his favourite thing.. again.
      Luckily, this is machine washable, which this states on the label, washing on at 30º, both the inside and the outer ring.

The good thing about this one is that the inner section is a light colouring, the one on here is red, the one I have is more a blue colour, but as my dog is as black as a Welsh Coal miners face he stands out on this bed, which means we don't stand on him. Unlike his old bed which was dark and, in the dim light of his room, we could only see him on the bed if he opened his eyes and looked at you.

The price of this dog bed depends on the size of the bed wanted as this comes in a variety of sizes, so, depending on the size of your dog depends on the cost. But this larger size one cost just under £25, which is great value for what you get as it is not only comfortable it is as strong as any other bed that my dog has had his wicked way with.

• Sony FWD-40EX650P / LCD TV / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      20.10.2014 22:35

Advantages

• "3 year warranty"
      • "The built-in features work really well"
      • "Looks pretty and has style"

Disadvantages

• "The image could be brighter and sharper sometimes"

Sony FWD-40EX650P-Thin,beautiful and usefull

Do you people remember those simple days, where a Tv was a Tv, a monitor was just that and you didn't even had Wi-Fi. Well long gone my friends, not only with this particular device, but it does all of the above and does it very well.

Specifications

Brand Sony
      Item Weight 18 Kg
      Product Dimensions 119 x 67 x 15 cm
      Item model number FWD-40EX650P
      Series FWD-40EX650P
      Screen Size 40 inches
      Speaker Description Loudspeakers

Now, that technical data don't really say much, putting it in the real world it just makes it a big 40 inch tv, with some built-in features and a price complex. So what makes it special and why is it worth the bucks they ask for it?

High contrast makes your screen images vibrant, and Sony achieves a dynamic contrast ratio of over 1 million with the Edge LED Backlight. This system adjusts backlight brightness according to the picture content. Compared with conventional, fluorescent tube backlighting, the LEDs enable a thinner profile and higher energy efficiency, being around a third of the depth and consuming less power.

The converter box allows you to turn on the display, switch the input signal, adjust the volume control and the display features RJ45 input and built-in WiFi, allowing you to surf the web via the built-in browser.

For easy, entry-level signage displays, you can play videos, pictures and audio from a USB memory stick, complete with looping and adjustable interval settings,it is made from a unique contrast of the material while protecting the bezel from finger prints.

Now BRAVIA Professional owners can take advantage of free Skype-to-Skype Internet voice and video calls. The Bravia Professional display accepts a wide variety of input sources, including 4 x HDMI,1 x D-Sub VGA, 1 x composite video for laptops, Blu-ray and DVD Players.

You can even download the free Media Remote app (for iPhone and Android) and turn your mobile device into a versatile remote control with a full QWERTY keyboard. It makes typing searches fast and convenient.The Light Sensor ensures that the brightness of your screen is adjusted to the brightness of its environment. You get a great picture, save energy and it’s automatic.

My personal opinion

All these features transcend to the real world very useful, everything works quite well as expected although I do have some complaints. The light sensor takes a while to adjust, sometimes you can really feel it, the image could be sharper and believe me when I say:
      YOU WILL LEAVE FINGERPRINTS ON IT! All in all this is a great buy and you will be pleased, highly recommend.

• Cheese Recipes / Recipe / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      20.10.2014 21:15

Advantages

• "Quick recipes "
      • "Tasty cheese "

Disadvantages

• "Nothing "

Cheeeeeeeeeeeese!

I love cheese and not only eat it but cook with it frequently. Here are my two most made cheese recipes...

Cheese and Potato Pie
      Ingredients
      5 large potatoes
      1oz butter
      300g cheddar cheese
      1/4 teaspoon English mustard powder
      Splash of milk

Method
      1. Boil potatoes until soft then mash with the butter, mustard powder and as much milk as required to get a nice consistency.
      2. Stir in 250g of the cheese.
      3. Place mixture into a deep oven proof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
      4. Place in the oven and bake until lightly golden and hot.
      Serve with sausages and baked beans for a simple, comforting dinner.

Cheese scones
      1/4 teaspoon English mustard powder
      150ml milk
      Pinch of salt

Method
      1. Pre heat oven to 220C or Gas Mark 7.
      2. Add flour and salt into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
      3. Stir in 1oz of the cheese.
      4. Add the milk retaining a little and use your hands to bring the mixture into a ball of dough.
      5. Place the mixture onto a floured surface and roll out to around 2cm in thickness. Using a round cutter, cut out as many scone as possible and place onto a greased baking tray. Repeat rolling out the mixture until it has all been used.
      6. Using the remaining milk brush it over the tops of the scones and sprinkle a little of the remaining cheese onto the top of each scone.
      7. Bake for around 10-15 minutes until the scones sound hollow when tapped on the bottom then leave on a wire rack to cool
      Serve sliced I half with just butter or add some ham or smoked salmon and cream cheese.

20.10.2014 21:12

Advantages

• "taste lovely"
      • "Brilliant if someone can't take tablets"

Disadvantages

Work perfectly and handy for fussy kids

Most of us associate Bassett's with sweets rather than multi vitamins but they produce a range of these brilliant jelly based chewy multi vitamins. There are several different flavours and vitamin types as well as some aimed at the whole family and some aimed as a child vitamin.

I have used these on and off for a few years now, I take a multi vitamin most days but during the winter I top this up with an extra separate vitamin C to help protect my body from colds.

These tablets are presented in a cardboard box with a picture of the family and the bassett's soft and chewy logo in the top left corner.

Inside the jelly vitamins are inside a white plastic packing, to remove you simple push them through the front and they pop out of the back. The vitamins are about the size of a pound coin but about the depth of three, they are basically like a normal soft jelly sweet and taste just as yummy. They are soft to chew and have a nice texture to them, there is no nasty after taste rather a nice juicy fresh orange taste.

I think these are brilliant for adults and children alike who struggle to take tablets because they really are just like eating a sweet. The only issue is younger kids really would need to be supervised with these incase they thought they were sweets.

The only downside to these is the cost, they really are expensive for a multi vitamin, however they really are worth it in my opinion.

This flavour can be bought from most chemists, Boots and Superdrug stock them, I have even seen smaller packs in some of the £1 shops but this particular pack retails around £3.60. They are however nearly always on 3 for 2 in boots so if you stock up they work out at a fairly decent price.

I have noticed no difference in effect taking these to a normal vitamin C tablet so they certainly appear to be as effective with the added benefit of feeling like you treated yourself to a yummy sweet!

I have given these 5 out of 5 because I have found them to be very effective, I think it's a very clever way to get vitamins into fussy kids or people with issues swallowing tablets and even though expensive they are worth it.

I have no problems recommending them highly to anyone.

20.10.2014 20:28

Advantages

• "Easy to Clean"
      • "Does an Amazing Job"
      • "Great Price"

Disadvantages

• "None For Me"

I Don't Know What I Would Do Without It

Real Techniques Shader Brush

As any true makeup lover will know, a lot of eye shadow brushes are required to create the perfect smoky eye or cut crease. I have around 12 and they are all used regularly. Real Techniques is created by the sisters Sam and Nick Chapman, behind the Youtube Channel Pixiwoo.

This one I bought from Boots for £8.00 earlier this year. It looked like the right shape and size for what I wanted and seemed it would also have good shading qualities. I bought this brush specifically for under the brow highlight and halo eyeshadow ( a shading method of highlighting the centre of the lid and leaving colour either side) and for this it works perfectly.

This brush is great for packing on shadow and works really well with pigment and mineral shadows. It can also be used for basic blending. This is a great brush to wash and cleanse and it dries very quickly. I have probably washed this fives times now and sanitised it countless and it just keeps going. If used very carefully it can be used to added definition to the outer V. I would say this is one of my essential brushes and I have already decided that I will be buying another one.

I really have nothing bad to say about this brush, maybe it could be a little cheaper. I have seen this brush on discount websites such as Fragrance Direct in the last few weeks so it may be worth checking there. These can also be bought in Larger Boots and Superdrug stores.

20.10.2014 20:28

Advantages

• "Easy to Clean"
      • "Does an Amazing Job"
      • "Great Price"

Disadvantages

• "None For Me"

I Don't Know What I Would Do Without It

Real Techniques Shader Brush

20.10.2014 20:26

Advantages

• "Easy To Buy"
      • "Not too expensive"

Disadvantages

• "It Fell Apart!"

It was Good ... until it Broke!

Real Technique Stippling Brush

I am a huge makeup fan and as a result I have a tonne of brushes. One of the first brand I began to buy was real techniques, and I now have a huge array of brushes.The stippling brush has been hugely popular for a while and I decided to try it.

Firstly this brush costs around £12 from Boots or Superdrug. In the grand scheme of things that is not a huge cost but for something you buy from the drugstore, it is on the more expensive end of the scale.

I bought this brush around six months ago and although I loved the effect it gave straight away I found myself not using it too much. The main reason for this was the fact it needs to be washed every other use, or the foundation will becoming patchy as the product makes the bristle stiff. Brushes she be regularly sanitised for but to have to do this three times a week is silly, and a massive waste of time. I have other stippling brushes that do not need that much attention. The brush does wash very well however, and when washed the bristles are lovely and soft.

Now, to the real issues surrounding this brush – mine broke! A couple of months after buying it the head of the brush fell out of the ferule. With some gentle persuasion my boyfriend and I got this back in and used it a few more times. This was when it fell out again. I didn’t want to use glue on it as I would be putting this on my face. This time we couldn’t get it back in and all the bristles were falling off.

I don’t understand what happened here, I treat it like all of my other Real Techniques brushes and nothing like this has ever happened before.

In conclusion

It can do some amazing work with foundation, but due to it falling apart I do not believe it is worth the money at all.

20.10.2014 19:19

Advantages

• "Cleans well"
      • "Good price"
      • "Nice fragrance"

Disadvantages

A nice fragranced shower gel

When it comes to any sort of fragrance, my preference is always fruity so when I spotted this reduced, I just had to try it.

===Price & availability===

The shower gel is available from most supermarkets and high street chemists, the actually RRP for a 250ml bottle it around £2 however this along with the majority of the Radox range often gets reduced down to less than £1 which is when I tend to pick it up.

===The bottle===

This Radox bottle definitely stands out on the shelf as it is bright pink in colour and topped with a black flip top lid. To the front of the bottle is an image of a mixture of berries with a splash of milk over them. The bottle stands on the lid which I like as the gel runs all the way to the lid which means I don’t have to shake the bottle when I am getting towards the end of it.

I also like that the bottle has a cap on it which only dispenses the liquid when it is squeezed so that it doesn’t leak when not in use. The only downside of the bottle is that it doesn’t have a fold out hook at the top which means that it cant be hung in the shower like some of the other Radox bottles can.

===The shower gel===

The shower gel is white in colour and has quite a runny consistency to it so I do have to be careful when squeezing the bottle so as not to dispense too much out onto my shower puff. I would sat that I use around a 50p sized amount when using which is more than enough to produce a really nice lather and enough to clean my whole body.

My partner has quite sensitive skin and he has never experienced any problems when using this. I must say that I tend to have dry skin, especially on my legs and this does a great job and keeping my skin hydrated too.

The best thing about this product is the fragrance, it smells lovely and fruity, just as you would expect if to based on the image of the bottle. I love the fact that the fragrance is long lasting too, several hours after showering, I can still smell on my skin. Although I would say this is quite a feminine smell, the fragrance isn’t too overpowering and my hubby uses it without any complaints.

===Overall===

I really like the gel and it does a good job at cleaning and keeping my skin nice and soft so I would definitely recommend and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

20.10.2014 19:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

my least favourite deoderant

This was a product I had been wanting to try for ages but the price had put me off. In recent months asda have had it in a 3for £5 range with money back on the apg so I finally got to try it.

**staying power**
      To be honest not that great. After about an hour of it being on you can't really tell it has ever been applied
      On me even going for a light walk leaves me quite sweaty when I have used this and it doesn't work we'll with keeping the smell away.
      This is also described as being invisible but I have found that it leaves white marks on your skin.
      On first impressions it smells pleasant enough- a nice clean smell. I found this to be quite a feminine scent but not too feminine if that makes sense. A nice clean smell
      One good thing I can say about this is that it doesn't irritate my skin at all

This retails at about £3 which is about average for this type of product and it can be picked up from supermarkets such as asda or boots the chemist.

Overall I was very disappointed with this and won't be repurchasing. As I don't want to waste it I have been using it as a "base" scent and spraying deoderant over it. Not something that I think many people could use if they were planing on being active. I think this is the only sanex product EVER that I have tried and disliked - I even like the mens version more (still leaves white marks but at least it leaves you feeling clean for longer)

20.10.2014 18:46

Advantages

• "It is nice and strong "
      • "It smells beautiful "

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Caudalie Des Vignes EDT

WHAT IS IT?

Perfume that is made by Caudalie, it is a floral perfume called Des Vignes and that means The Vines.

THE BOTTLE

I think this bottle is very attractive and I like that it looks interesting and feminine with it still having a very simple design. It is a spray bottle that is tall and cylinder shaped with pink at the bottom going up to make plain glass at the top and I think it looks very nice.

THE FRAGRANCE

Des Vignes smells very floral and it is strong perfume and very easy to spray on too much even though it is only an eau de toilet, I think eau de parfum in this fragrance would be a lot too overpowering and I would not like for my perfume to be any stronger than this is.

It has got a spicy fragrance also and that is because there is ginger in the perfume and you can smell that it is ginger because the smell is obvious, I think there is a bit of a nutmeg smell also but I can not smell that good enough to be able to tell properly.

The fragrance lasts for a long time and I like that it does not change very much because I like the smell of how it comes out of the bottle and do not like when perfumes change to be completely different after some time, but I know that is what perfumes are supposed to do but I am glad this one does not.

WHAT I THINK

I like this perfume very much and it is my favourite one out of all the Caudalie perfumes I have got. It is very sophisticated and I like that it has got a faint powdery smell because I think that makes the fragrance softer and it helps for the floral fragrance to last better on my skin. I think any lady could wear this perfume even though when you first try it for the very first time you might think that it is old fashioned because of how floral it is but that is not true and I think this is more youthful.

My husband likes me to wear this perfume but he said it is not the nicest one for me to wear and he does not like that the smell of jasmine is so strong because he does not like that fragrance, I can not smell jasmine very much but he is sensitive to that smell.

ANYTHING ELSE

Des Vignes costs £25 for a bottle of 50ml and I think that is very good for such a nice perfume that smells so good.

5 Dooyoo Stars

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown