29.07.2016 11:28

Advantages

• "Well packaged"
      • "Good quality control"
      • "Very fast laptop"
      • "Very good communication at all stages"
      • "Fast delivery"
      • "Nice Looking"
      • "Very robust"

Disadvantages

• "Needs some tweeking to run with Ubuntu 16.04"

Overall an excellent product from a very well organised company.

The process of ordering the laptop from pcspecialist is very slick and it is easy to customise the hardware in the laptop. As the laptop is specially built this obviously takes longer than just shipping an off the shelf laptop. The company were excellent at keeping in touch at very step of the way with email and text messages stating the process of building and testing the laptop. It also helps that the company uses a very good courier to ship their products which added to an excellent service with the laptop being delivered in the hour specified by the courier.

The laptop proved to be very robust and well built and just as importantly extremely fast. The only problem I have had with it was with installing Ubuntu 16.04 on it. I had ordered the laptop with no operating system and I had assumed that as I had specified that it would run linux that there would be no problems with the hardware. In the event the only problem I has was with the trackpad which initially did not work on install and I had to plug in USB mouse. I managed to get the trackpad working by altering the boot parameters on for anyone else with the same problem here is the fix I used:

Edit /etc/default/grub line 11 to look like this:
      GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset"
      Then run update-grub

29.07.2016 10:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

purchase there products, really reliable company and such a great service

I recommend to but a product from PC Specialist. They can be really reliable when building your PC as they tell you how far it is from production and if your not that confident in building your PC or Laptop yourself there will build it for you which I found to be really helpful.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2016 10:47

Advantages

• "Well packaged"
      • "Good quality control"
      • "Very fast laptop"
      • "Very good communication at all stages"
      • "Fast delivery"
      • "Nice Looking"
      • "Very robust"

Disadvantages

• "Needs some tweeking to run with Ubuntu 16.04"

Overall an excellent product from a very well organised company.

Edit /etc/default/grub line 11 to look like this:
      GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset"
      Then run update-grub

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2016 10:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

Purchase there products

Recommend to purchase a desktop from PC Specialist. They are really reliable in building your PC if your not confident in building it yourself as I was.

29.07.2016 09:41

Advantages

• "Good delivery"
      • "Good build quality"
      • "Easy to use website"

Disadvantages

• "Pre production took longer than expected however after that it was very fast"

Really good service, would use again and would recommend to anyone.

I was looking to get a new computer in order to play games on. I was looking on amazon for gaming computers and I was looking at the reviews of them and people were saying how I should "build it myself." So I decided that I was going to do that.

However I had no idea what I needed and if everything I planned to get would fit together or not. So I came across pc specialist.

Website is very easy to use. Just pick each part from the drop down menu and the price adds up at the side. It also tells you if everything will be compatible or not. For example, i originally put the SSD as the secondary drive instead of the primary, and it told me that it would be best to do it the other way round.

So when I'd saved up enough, I ordered the PC. Waiting process if good, you can check where your order is at next to your order number in the orders tab, and there is a flow chart underneath telling you how long each stage is supposed to take. Mine took longer than it should've in the pre production stage. However after that it was very quick, and arrived a day after dispatch.

So I opened up the box and they had given me all the drivers and manuals i needed with all the parts I had which was good. And then I got the pc out, opened it up, took out the foam to stop it getting damaged, and had a look at everything in there. Everything was fitted securely, and everything I'd ordered was in there.

So I turned the computer on, and they use a trial of windows 10 to run tests to make sure that everything is aorking properly before they send it out. I originally was going to use windows 7, however I couldnt find how to downgrade. So I entered a code for windows 10 (get microsoft software free with college) and downloaded all the programs I needed. Every game I play runs perfectly, Overwatch gets 60-70 fps on best settings!

Overall very pleased with PCSpecialist and the PC. Would recommend to anyone.

29.07.2016 09:32

Advantages

• "Really good service overall"
      • "Everything working as it should"
      • "Really good build Quality"

Disadvantages

• "Took a while to get past pre production however it was very quick after that"

Excellent service, would use again and I'd recommend to anyone.

Overall very pleased with PCSpecialist and the PC. Would recommend to anyone.

• Robot Wars / TV Programme / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.07.2016 15:16

Advantages

• "Good show"

Disadvantages

• "13-year break"

Its back!

Robot Wars is back! It’s been 13-years since the last series and I love it! Although not remotely a geek myself it was essential viewing back in the day and I tuned in for the new show last Sunday with high hopes for a return to form. It’s on BBC2 in the Top Gear slot and got a 10% audience share compared to 8.8% for the final Top Gear with Chris Evans. Somewhat ironically Jeremy Clarkson presented the first ever Robot Wars. Geek TV does surprisingly good numbers, the Big Bang Theory, for example, getting 3 million on E4. Although the new show is almost the same as the old version in format so far it doesn’t have the magic Craig Charles and sexy Phillippa Forester bought to it, PC Britain today very different to the late 1990s. Although a family show you always felt those two got up to all sorts when the camera was turned off and Craig no doubt snorted a line or two off Sir Chromealot, one of the series most noted robots over the years. What the young teen geek boys wanted to do with Phillippa certainly involved tinkering with her circuit boards. Today she sells double glazing on TV for Anglia Windows. Sadly glamour girl Julia Reed took over hosting after Craig was photographed using a bong in a taxi and the series died a death on Channel 5. That was the wrong kind of chemistry the show producers were looking for. But bringing geek Dara O’Brien in as host for the new season may not work either as he is one of those geeks and you always felt Charles and Phillippa worked because they were so not one of those roboteers. There were some very strange robot teams and mechanics. Angela Scanion is this season token totty.

===Quote===

Craig Charles - ….’On the first day, I was in the dressing room and looking in the mirror, and looking down at the arena. And they were pulling the robots into the arena on an invisible twine because nothing was working. And I was thinking: "Oh my God, what have I done with my career?" And you know, within the blink of an eye, it was the most watched show on BBC2….’

===The Box Set===

It covers all BBC content only, from Clarkson in series one to Jayne Middlemass and the American hybrid season where the UK did battle with the US and other countries. There were other spin offs around the six BBC series but not all included here. I recall that Clarkson spent most of the first season taking the pi** of the contestants and so Craig Charles was bought in off the back of his Red Dwarf geek success as Clarkson returned to Top Gear. Phillippa, of course, was the good girl from Tomorrows World and shamelessly there to get dads and sons to tune into her strategically placed zipper. The monotone football commentator Jonathan Pearce added an extra dimension to the show and much better at calling robot scraps than football games. The show also had a three person judging panel, Strictly style, consisting of geek Gods Noel Sharkey (head judge on every series: 1998–2003, 2016), Eric Dickinson, Adam Harper), Martin Smith (1999–2003) and Mat Irvine (2001–03). An Asian one was added to the new series for diversity reasons. These guys were called in to make a decision if the robots were still active after the time elapsed and decision made on points on who won.

===The Rules===

Various arenas over the various seasons would see familiar and not so familiar robots do battle behind super toughened fiber glass shields. They were remote controlled from a box by the team, robot kit like power hammers, saws, crushers and flame throwers so to destroy their fellow robots. Often they would do exactly that and metal and cogwheels would fly everywhere. The arena floor would have booby taps like pits, fire traps, steam powered flippers and spikes to further hamper the robots and then if they strayed or were pushed into the wrong areas the house robots would join in the scrap. The most famous robots included Panic Attack, Chaos 2, Razor, Pussycat, Anvil, Firestorm and Tornado. There was a tournament with robots going out and then a trophy at the end of the season.

===Characters===

Kim Davies of Panic Attack was the best controller and would win the trophy a lot. Teams were mostly geeks and often eccentric. George Francis of Chaos 2, the big rivals of the above, was very strange and part boy and part girl. He/she sort of got stuck in puberty. Craig Charles looked bemused talking to him, sizing up whether he should shag it or ask if it has a willy and a virgina. We never had any ethnic characters I can recall and very much a white middle - class father\son thing. But the robots are the real stars and the combination of the two works really well.

===Verdict===

It’s well worth buying the boxset. This is essentially viewing, even if you watched it all 13-years ago. It’s just very entertaining in a way very few shows can achieve, the Strictly Come Dancing of the new Millennium. Craig Charles is out there somewhere and should be reemployed on a show somehow.

The boxset is packed full of things to watch and plenty of extras. There are 4 discs in total. Some behind - the –scenes - stuff is quite revealing as you can see everyone is mates behind those scenes and the boys even flirting with girls! Outakes are quite funny and a spoof audio commentary isn’t that funny. There are hours and hours of stuff to watch that didn’t make the TV, which includes swearing. Geeks swearing is rather strange,

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2016 12:57

Advantages

• "Go out of their way to meet your needs"
      • "Helpful Staff"
      • "Online Chat Facility"

Disadvantages

Fantastic Service from Wayne

We were looking to purchase an item that had a limited quantity per customer. We used the Online Chat facility and spoke to Wayne who was extremely helpful. He went out of his way to see that we could buy the desired quantity we needed and also at the discounted price. The service was great from start to finish with prompt communication from Wayne in order to ensure the order was processed smoothly. Thank you for your help.

• Plantronics HW251N/A / Headset / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2016 07:23

Advantages

• " or other VoIP telephony platforms"
      • " or when using Skype"
      • "Demonstrates excellent quality on your PC"
      • "Works well with standard telephones and systems"
      • "The HW251N is a wideband headset"
      • "Noise cancelling (Ideal for busy offices)"
      • "Ideal for most business environments"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

Produce good quality audio

For wearing comfort the Plantronics HW251N headset is supplied with good sized foam ear cushions that are designed for wearing for long periods of time. The microphone boom is on a pivot, so you can move it out of the way when not in use (or when you’re drinking a cup of coffee!) All the Plantronics HW range of headsets including the HW251N have a lead from the headset to a QD (quick disconnect clip) which connects to a bottom lead that in turn connects to the phone or PC. This enables the user to unclip the headset and move around, without having to take the headset off every time.
      Overall the speaker and microphone produce good quality audio, and the lightweight nature of the headset makes it comfortable and easy to wear for continuous periods of time.

28.07.2016 07:08

Advantages

• "Up to 20-hours playback via dry cell (AAx4) batteries"
      • "Speakerphone function"
      • " go-anywhere sound"
      • Portable
      • "One-touch Bluetooth pairing with NFC"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

Awesome and superior

To begin with, I am an introductory audiophile. I own many sets of high end headphones and have researched the specifics for listening to music. While I might not be the "end-all-be-all" of hi-fi knowledge, I can tell you that this was an awesome purchase. It sounds great, and performs even better. No, it doesn't have a rechargeable battery, but it does give you more than you could ever hope from a Bluetooth speaker. No, it doesn't cost $400+, but it sounds like it.
      Great speaker. It looks and sounds really nice. Not a boom box by any means, but loud enough to take out by the pool without upsetting the neighbors. I really appreciate the AC/DC versitality. I use rechargeable AAA so it doesn't bother me to use it on battery power. I bought this after my Bose died unexpectedly. Thought I would most likely be disappointed. But I'm really not. It's a fun speaker and I can do so much more with it than the Bose. Sound quality is very good so I don't feel at all disappointed. I'm very happy I choose this speaker!

27.07.2016 19:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

It may not be for everyone, but it worked for me and has helped many

I Finally Quit!

I just want to say, quitting smoking is NOT easy as most of us here already know. I smoked for 20 years and boy do I wish I could take those years back! I tried every possible option available on the market to help me quit, but nothing worked. I had no idea that people were vaping to help them get off cigarettes and I had learned that it was viable alternative. I found an honest vaporizer review site and found a great vape pen to get me started. I know it’s not 100% natural, but it’s pretty close and it’s a start. I haven’t smoked in 6 months thanks to my vape and I feel so much healthier and happier. It may not be for everyone, but it worked for me and has helped many others as well.

27.07.2016 17:55

Advantages

• "High end German products"
      • "Insurance backed guarantee"

Disadvantages

• "Quite expensive"

Excellent

Manchester Window Factory have recently fitted all of our new windows. The quality of the product was by far the best we had seen. The SAC system locking is the best our there. The Graf welding system is the best looking finish for foiled products. Although they were one of our dearest quotes, they stood head and shoulder above the rest.
      As this is a family business, you don't get any silly sales spiel. They give you aprice there and then. Then go away and send an emailed quote through. No pressure at all.
      We paid the balance on the day they finished.
      Just what we wanted and very pleased with our purchase.

• holisticshop.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.07.2016 14:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

Will definitely use again

Excellent from first to last. My carved essential oils box is beautiful, excellently priced and arrived promptly, on time and in superb condition.

Thank You !

• Acer Aspire Switch 10 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.07.2016 08:10

Advantages

• " measured in megabytes per second. Higher is better."
      • "Speed to copy batch of mixed files"
      • "Tests graphics and gaming performance using the 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark. Higher number is better."
      • "A measure of a display's ability to recreate color."
      • " as measured in nits. Higher is better."
      • "Average screen brightness"
      • "Continuous Web surfing over wireless until battery drained. Longer is better."

Disadvantages

I love this little tablet

I was looking for a tablet last year, I ended up getting one of the Galaxy tablets, the 10". I used it for a week and it was basically my phone, just way larger and I could not make phone calls. I took it back to Costco, looked around and settled on this. Love it. I have had it for one year and one month now, never had an issue. Not to say it is super fast and great for computing, but it does so much more than a tablet. It is Windows based, as opposed to Android (or whatever OS crApple uses for iPads), so it is not just a big phone, without the calling capabilities.

Pros:
      - like a tablet, but uses Windows OS (laptop + tablet = lablet)
      - has the keyboard
      - multiple configurations (tablet, tent, etc.)
      - sd card slot lets you throw in a micro sd for more storage
      - 1 year free MS Office
      - Cheaper than the Galaxy tablet I returned, and I'm sure much cheaper than an iPad

Cons:
      - it is more like a tablet with a lower-end processor, and only 2GB of RAM. I actually don't think of this as a big con, I went into it knowing this. I did not go in expecting this to be like an actual laptop. I had a training session at work, everybody else had their laptops, I brought my lablet. It worked perfectly. So, again, not really a con if you understand what you are buying.
      - the camera is not all that. Again, this is not why I purchased it, so does not bother me.
      If you understand what this is, and are looking for something that mimics a tablet but is more like a PC, this will work for you. I upgraded it to Windows 10 a few months ago, no problems.

26.07.2016 23:04

Advantages

• "Good brand "

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Not a sham and not poo?

I’m a bit fussy with my hair. I have great hair for my age and I know it makes me look younger. Its taken for granted women are fussy with their hair and will wash it all the time and get it cut once every other month to make sure thy look good enough to feel confident in themselves but men are less fussy. I’m a little bit fussier than most men. Guys will grab the scissors if a bit is sticking out or the fringe is too long but poor old women are ripped of with £28 haircuts as they are told not to tough their hair. But it’s the regular shampoo and well washed hair look I don’t like as your hair gets very thick and wiry and all those grey hairs standout. I wash my hair every three or so days as I like the natural shine from the natural oil that is supposed to be there although I’m lucky as my hair doesn’t get too oily. Don’t worry; I’m not one of those guys that don’t wash his hair girls. And let’s remember, the hair needs those oils to stay healthy. If it does I just wash water into it very quickly and the texture returns as I towel it out. What I won’t do is wash my hair more than twice a week. Water is enough.

A little tip I used when backpacking because of so few decent wash spaces and long coach trips you suffered was just rubbing in some talc and it takes away that unwanted oily feel and shine, a great temporary fix. It also allows you to get your hair just right in a rush. Freshly washed hair doesn’t stay in place and after two days it begins to feel right and sit naturally this way, if you have longer hair. Obviously if you have very short hair styling then this is not an issue.

Whatever your hair, you need shampoo you can trust and mine is mostly Garnier’s stuff for some reason. I wouldn’t say the Ultimate Blends range is any better than any other as they use the same chemicals in pretty much all of them but it works for me. They are all tested on the same animals, right? Maybe that’s the Garnier lab they are on about in the adverts? In fact it’s always worth reading up on the ingredients if you do have sensitive skin. You can get red irritated skin, and sometimes worse, if a shampoo doesn’t agree with you. 99% of the time it’s no problem. The reason thy test them on animals is the shampoo will end up in your eyes and mouth at some point and they don’t want to blind you or fry your tonsils. It’s cruel to test on animals but that’s the reality. That’s why it tastes terrible so you don’t swallow it.

It’s a good liquid flow from the plastic bottle and easy to apply with a stopper top. I don’t use too much as I like my hair not to be too fluffy when dry. This brand is good for that. As I say, I use water in-between shampoo showers to take out any greasy look. I don’t use conditioner as I think that’s a rip off so don’t know how it reacts with that. It’s slippy though so make sure you don’t spill too much on the shower floor as you may go flying. You can sue for that in America.

Its 400ml bottles in the United Kingdom and you can get it in the pound shop, and Superdrug have it at around £2.50, same as most supermarkets. I think it’s worth it and good for twenty showers. Packaging slightly naff with all this lab jargon and again when basic wash kit like shampoo and shower gel targeted at women its always priced higher than the same kit for men is. I do feel for women over that mark up. Razors in pink packets are 25% more than the same razors in blue manly packets. I would recommend it to both boys and girls and great for kids. Again, kid’s shampoos are also a rip off as they sell them in smaller sizes but for less shampoo value than the bigger values.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown