• Pretty Little Liars / TV Programme / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.07.2015 02:15

Advantages

• "weekly episodes"
      • "likable characters"
      • "great cliffhangers"
      • "exciting plot points"

Disadvantages

An exciting mystery series who is A and why are they causing all the trouble.

Love mystery? like a good juicy story? want to be kept on the edge of your seat? then this is the show for you. This is my all time favorite show and i watch every episode as they are released. It is about a character called A who is terrorising the main cast of girls who are Aria, Spencer , Hanna and Emily but no one knows who A is. The whole premise of the show is that piece by piece you are finding out things about A and the total shows conclusion will be the reveal of A and the aftermath of their actions. I watched the first episode and was hooked and i am still waiting to find out who A is. A gets more and more violent as the seasons go on and more and more things start to go wrong. There are Murders, Mysteries, Accidents and above all else lies. Every season usually has a holiday special either for haloween or christmas. There are a lot of episodes where you think you have figured out who A might be but then the writers mess with your head and you start to suspect everyone even your favorite character. If your into teenage mystery shows then this is definatley worth a watch and before you know if you too could be hooked. A has at least 2 other characters helping them secretly in the background and you have no idea who they are either characters such as Red Coat and Black Widow and maybe more as A seems to have an unlimited amount of funds and no one knows where they get the funds from. So in conclusion tune into to Pretty Little Liars and be taken on the rollercoaster ride that takes us a mystery adventure in the town of Rosewood.

• The Town (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.07.2015 00:03

Advantages

• "action packed "

Disadvantages

• none

Ben Affleck's best movie ever

Ben Affleck,the director and at the same time main character of the movie.He really does a well job doing what he does its amazing the way he can switch off from the director to the acting just like that.The story takes place in Boston wich is where many movies are made.Doug Mccray (Ben Affleck) makes the whole movie a very nice and thrilling experience.I watch this movie over and over like as if I never seen if before because its that cool and exciting to watch.I would seriously rush home at times just to sit on my couch and get the movie started.A wolf pack of four Irish men are seat as a team for several year and they dedicate their lives to rob banks and money truck's.They do it so well that it just blows the viewers mind on how things seem so easy but its only because they are a disciplined team that knows the word on the street through the florist who used to employ Doug's father.When ever the florist wants a job done he lets the pack know what he wants done and gives them the route(the knowledge of how its gonna go down)During the first bank bust Doug Mccray leads the crew of 4 and rob a bank and during the action going on one of them decideds to take the manager as hostage wich makes things safer for them to take off.They do let the hostage survive and throughout the movie they keep an eye on her to make sure shes not working with the police.Doug mcray ends up wrapping her up in the whole mess in a way that it makes the FBI think she had something to do with it.Now Doug has to find a way to make it all go away but not until they rob the Boston Red sox Stadium for 3.5 million.After that robbery things get real heated...Enjoyed the movie its great

• Dell Latitude 3440 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      30.07.2015 23:57

Advantages

• "i5 processor (good processor ) Fast"
      • "large screen-17 inch"

Disadvantages

• "non standard keyboard"
      • "Cannot update windows 8.1 "

Good laptop i love it

it's a large screen-17 inch laptop with a solid Haswell i5 processor, ample storage, generous amount of memory, very decent sound with Dolby Advanced Audio and superb graphics that should allow you to play many of the advanced games and have fun, a variety of useful connectivity options and more. This computer has a good specification and has helped me a lot of

30.07.2015 23:53

Advantages

• "21% organic farming products"
      • "Fluid texture - not greasy or oily"
      • " vitamin rich"
      • "Paraben free"

Disadvantages

• "Not very effective at blocking odour"

Made with plenty of organic products yet not very good at it's job.

The Melvita Purifying 24hr Effectiveness Deodorant is an organically formulated roll on deodorant which is well made so it prevents odour for a full day. It's different to other roll on deodorants as it is made of more natural products eg various different oils as opposed to chemicals.

It retails at around £11 and can be found in most cosmetic stores and drugstores eg Boots. The bottle is 50ml.

I like that it is basically unscented and simply just smells fresh but it isn't personally the most effective at preventing odour. I use it alongside an aerosol deodorant as it works best that way but I definitely wouldn't leave the house with just applying the Melvita roll on.

It does also have it's positives, such as that it is transparent and definitely doesn't leave any sorts of marks on your clothing, and that it doesn't take very much time to dry. It is of a fluid texture and is also not oily at all. I like that it is a natural product and doesn't contain some of the harsh chemicals other roll on deodorants promote.

It prides itself on being paraben, alum stone and alluminium free which not every other roll on deodorant can say. Over 98% of it's ingredients are natural, and 21% come from organic farming. It is considered better for the body as it is formulated from 3 purifying essential oils; peppermint, sandalwood and thyme. The product works to combat most body odour and dampness without blocking the 'natural persperation process.'

The deodorant won an award for being 'best deodorant' in the 2014 Tatler Beauty Awards. It is highly rated by many people, and Melvita as a brand is also appreciated due to it's natural and organic products.

On paper the deodorant is an excellent choice for your body, however alone I don't think it's as effective as it should be. I am only on my first bottle and when it finishes I believe I will return to my prior brand; Mitchum.

The product is great for people who are fans of organic farming etc but personally that isn't enough for me.

30.07.2015 23:37

Advantages

• "Lathers up well and leaves a great shine"
      • "Beautifully scented shampoo"
      • "Great to restore dry and damaged hair!"

Disadvantages

• "Can be expensive!"

The perfect shampoo for anyone with non-luscious locks!

I first decided to purchase the J.F.Lazartigue Tea Oil Delicate Shampoo as my hairdresser suggested it. I have quite thick hair which I usually straighten daily in an attempt to contain, but as you can expect my hair is dry and quite damaged as a result of this. I usually used supermarket brand shampoos which did my hair quality no favours, so the effects of this shampoo was surprising to me!

The J.F.Lazartigue Tea Oil Delicate Shampoo is formulated carefully to heal and restore nutrients to dry, damaged hair and provide a silky texture. I felt that it has made a long term difference to my hair and makes it feel and look a lot healthier, shinier and much more moisturised.

I personally found that it made my hair much sleeker and shinier, and left it feeling much healthier and overall really good. I have noticed a reduction in the split ends I have from the heat styling and my hairdresser is delighted too!

At £34.99 per 200ml bottle it can be out of budget for some people however as I have that disposable income I see it as a sound investment. The feeling of having nice, healthy hair is priceless and well worth £35 a bottle!

I had never previously used this brand before buying this shampoo in my hair care store section of my hairdresser's however they also recommended I use a hair serum from the same brand. I have never gotten around to buying it yet but considering the skill of this product I would rule out nothing from the same brand!

I love the bottle of this shampoo as it looks stylish and professional and doesn't take up too much room on my vanity dresser. It's high quality and contains detailed information on the contents of the shampoo on the back label, and has a great lid for easy access to the product!

The ingredients used are all really good and healthy for your hair - lots of vitamins and minerals included eg polyphenols, flavonoids and vitamin B and C. It does contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate which can induce frizz however I haven't personally faced this issue, and the ingredient features in most shampoos!

It has a lovely thick texture to it to massage through your hair and lathers up quite well. It has a very elegant fragrance which is quite strong and can be smelt even after it's washed out! I personally really like it and find that it is unique and smells of quality. I use it with conditioner and find it works best this way!

I have been using this since May and wouldn't go back to supermarket brands, ever.

I highly recommend anyone with heat damaged, fine or naturally dry hair to give this product a go! It makes your hair feel unbelievably good and is so worth the extra money. Even people with normal hair could benefit from the beautiful shine and smell it leaves! I adore the product.

30.07.2015 23:15

Advantages

• "Reliable brand"
      • "Different size options"
      • " durable bottles"
      • Strong

Disadvantages

The best way to care for your small pet is the Rotastak way!

Rotastak bottles are great for small pets to drink from so they can enjoy quenching their thirst without the hassle of cheaply made bottles which may hinder their ease of this. These bottles are ideal to have as spares if you own a small pet - although similar bottles usually come with cages and hutches, you never know when you might need another!

These bottles are strong, durable, and never lack in quality. They aren't easily chewed through or worn out by tiny hamster teeth, and I have never experienced any leakages with these bottles either. It is very easy to unscrew the tube to empty or fill the bottle, and the wire that is included makes attaching it to the cage easy.

They come in two size options - 150ml for the smaller pet (hamster, mouse, rat etc) or 300ml (for the likes of rabbits and guinea pigs.) You can decide which is more suitable based on the size of your cage.

For the smaller sized bottle, prices can start at around £1.50 online, although they are frequently available in pet shops. The larger sized bottle can be slightly pricier, ranging from £4.50 - £6.99 depending on which retailer it is purchased from. These are also frequently available in pet shops and are actually much easier to buy instore as opposed to online.

I always use Rotastak products, and when I got my current hamster a few months ago I chose one of their bottles as I believe they are great quality and have your animal's interest at best heart.

They are a great brand and I strongly recommend these bottles - I haven't ever had an issue in 6+ years of keeping hamsters!

• avonshop.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.07.2015 23:05

Advantages

• "Friendly and informative Customer Service"
      • "Stock a variety of brands"
      • "Representative programme worth looking into offered"
      • " deals and offers!"
      • "Frequent sales"
      • "Wide range of products available"

Disadvantages

Wonderful cosmetics site for men and women alike!

Avon is a very well known store similar to the likes of Boots or Superdrug. They stock both home products and makeup products, bath products and clothing, and much more, ideal for either men or women! They also have a large volume of self employed door to door representatives, which makes ordering easy if you're not comfortable to order online. They are a great store and an excellent company I pride myself in ordering regularly from! I think they are a unique brand and add extra enjoyment to treating yourself.

I started ordering off Avon in 2011 after a family member became a representative. My first order was a small tube of liquid foundation - Avon's own brand - which I loved and ordered more of the next month! They've grown so much as a company since that and stock so many different brands now which makes it easy to find something that suits you.

A unique part of Avon is the fact they offer a representative programme which allows you to sign up to become a self employed Avon seller - they have a very detailed article about it on their site. The earnings depend on how much interest you generate but can be high if you put in a lot of hours. I haven't ever tried it but I know a lot of people who have had success with it and use their earnings for Christmas or holidays!

I mainly purchase makeup from Avon, and find it very fairly priced and of wonderful quality. I usually go for more luxuriously branded items as opposed to Avon's own brand but I like that they offer a variety of products, which usually have deals and offers on. I love buying from Avon for Christmas gifts also - it's ideal for simple presents for more distant family such as pyjamas etc! They offer such cute items for all seasons and also offer fair delivery charges. They offer amazing sales prices and usually do have 2 for 1 type deals on, making it a cost effective shop also!

The customer service is great if you have an issue - they deal with it quickly and efficiently and are never short or snappy. I have had to return items for various reasons a few times and they are always understanding.

Their website layout is easy to navigate and so informative for each and every product! They really put their full effort into ensuring you know exactly what you're buying.

Avon is ideal for everyone - men and women. They offer a great range of cosmetics, clothing and lingerie for women, as well as an extensive men's section which consists of grooming and general hygiene products.

I would definitely recommend this brand to anyone. I adore Avon and will definitely be doing at least half of my Christmas shopping there again this year - I haven't heard a complaint yet!

30.07.2015 22:51

Advantages

• Cool

Disadvantages

• Nothing

Would be recommended to Buy

I like like Lush and love trying all their products. As soon as a new one comes out I am there to buy it.

I like honey and the smell of honey in toiletries as well as the benefits of honey for the skin. I also like rhassoul mud and aloe vera and all these are in this bath bomb

It is the size of a tennis ball and costs about £3.35 which to me is far too expensive for just one bath. I break mine up and use about a third per bath as I feel £1 plus per bath is expensive enough.

This doesn't smell that strong and the bath water ends up a dirty sort of yellow which is not that appealing.

The water feels silky soft and feels lovely on my skin, I find it relaxing and after I get out and dry myself off my skin feel nice and smells subtly of orange and honey but not so that you would notice if you didn't directly sniff my skin!

Rhassoul mud is often in face masks as it is a natural cleanser as well as conditioning and softening skin.

Also in this we find the honey obviously and the benefits of honey is that is soothes and helps the skin retain its natural moisture. Honey is also a natural antiseptic. Aloe vera is cooling and calming for sensitive skins.

This smells of mild orange which comes from the wild orange oil and bergamot oil and they have also added gardenia extract with is a lovely floral aroma.

I wish they had been a little more generous with those aromas as the scent is rather subtle and I am also less thrilled with the colour of my bath water and the slight browny scum left after the bath drains.

30.07.2015 22:46

Advantages

• cool

Disadvantages

• nothing

Very useful and Recommended

We attempted to sort out our garden this summer, as it had become a bit of a dumping ground since we had been focussing on renovating the inside of the house. Part of this involved sorting the borders out, and raking over the soil ready to lay new turf, and when my parents heard about our plans they dug out this tool from their garage which they haven't used since moving somewhere without a garden, and donated it to us.

The cultivator tool (or weed remover as my dad calls it!), is designed to loosen soil and help to pull up weeds by the roots, without the need for you to bend down or put too much work into it. The idea is that the "claw" reaches into the soil, and by twisting the tool using the handles at the top, this loosens the soil ready for you to pull up weeds or lay new turf.

I used this cultivator to do some weeding over summer. Being pregnant, I couldn't really get involved with any of the really hard work, so I made myself useful by getting my gloves on and attempting some light weeding. This tool made life so much easier, as our borders were so badly overgrown it would have been quite an overwhelming job if I'd been using a smaller tool or attempting it by hand. Using the cultivator is very easy, you simply twist it once it's in the ground and it loosens the soil for you. This allows you to be able to get a better grip of weeds and pull them out by the root, minimising the chance of them growing back. The height of the cultivator is perfect for me, with the handle being about waist level when I'm using it.

I used this tool a few times over summer, and I have to say that it is much easier to use if the soil is soft. The first time I used it was when we hadn't had any rain for ages, so the soil was quite hard and that did involve putting a bit of effort in which my back wasn't really up to so my mum gave me a hand with that bit and I just pulled the weeds out after she'd done the loosening. After we'd had some rain, I could manage to use this by myself, and the soil was very easy to loosen. In future, I think if the soil is too hard it's probably worth watering it a few days before using the cultivator, to make it easier to use.

I know my parents had this tool for years, and we've had it over the course of the summer and to be honest have left it in the back garden as we haven't sorted the shed out yet. It doesn't seem to suffer any damage for being outside, and shows no sign of rust or wear and tear. The handle is plastic and curved which makes it easy to get a grip of. I always wear gloves when gardening, and even more so at the moment because you have to be careful making contact with soil when pregnant as it can contain some harmful toxins, and I noticed after using it a while I still got a blister on one of my hands. So, I would definitely recommend wearing gloves when using this as it's hard on the hands otherwise.

This is a great tool, and although I've only used it for weeding, my husband also used it to turn over the soil before laying new turf, which he said would have been a more difficult job without using this. I would recommend this to anyone with a garden to maintain, to help make life a little easier. I'm not sure how much my parents paid for this, but looking online the price seems to vary between £12 and £25 so it's worth shopping around.

• Ted Baker Sienna 1174 / Sunglasses / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.07.2015 22:45

Advantages

• "Cool and blocks the sun"

Disadvantages

• nothing

Awesome Sunglasses

Normally, I end up buying cheap sunglasses from places such as Dorothy Perkins. However, they usually end up lasting one summer or less and I'm sick of replacing them every year. While in Boots recently, I was trying on some pairs for fun but I fell in love with a pair by Ted Baker. The pair in question are called Sienna and are cost £55. For some reason though, they are not available on the Boots website, nor the Ted Baker site. The Sienna sunglasses are available in Black, Demi and Brown.

I chose to buy the Demi coloured sunglasses which are actually more of a tortoise shell colouring. This has a mix of browns, golds and blacks in with the colours which to me, means that they are going to match more summer outfits and not look quite as harsh as pure black or brown. I really like the colour and style of these sunglasses as they suit my face shape and my own colourings really well.

Although a branded pair of sunglasses, the frames are still made from plastic. However, the frames feel much more robust than a cheaper pair from a high street shop and somehow, they do feel somewhat more luxurious which is good considering the price comparison. The frames are also really lightweight. Once on your face, you can barely feel the sunglasses sitting there. When it is really warm and I get a bit hot, the last thing I want is heavy sunglasses on my face and making me feel sweaty. On the sides of the sunglasses is the Ted Baker logo. The logo is printed on quite small which is a nice detail as the name doesn't stand out too much.

Another good aspect to these sunglasses is the size of the lenses. Not only are the lenses quite dark, which is a good thing for when you don't feel like wearing make-up in those hot summer days, but they are also UV protected. The lenses cover the whole eye area, with a little extra on both the tops and bottoms as well as the sides. These sunglasses make sure that the whole eye area is protected from the sun and they look nice at the same time.

With normal glasses and cheaper sunglasses, I really hate the small pads you get on either side of your nose. These sunglasses do not have these pads though which was a big selling point to me. I plan to wear these for quite long periods of time during my holiday to Florida later on in the year and the last thing I want is for them to be uncomfortable. The frames are made completely out of plastic which means they sit really nicely on my nose and don't rub or feel uncomfortable at all.

As I purchased these sunglasses from Boots, I also got a free case which is made from a soft leather. The case has the Ted Baker logo printed on in green which is a nice contrast. I think the type of case you get will differ depending on where you got the sunglasses from though.

At £55, these are the most expensive sunglasses I have ever owned although by far not the most expensive on the market. Now that I have bought something better than high street brands, I don't think I'll ever be going back as the quality is so much better

• Monsters University (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.07.2015 22:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

predictable but good

I saw this film in 2013 with my little son ( age of 6), he was happy and excited to see this movie.
      Even when he was a little monster, Bob Razowski already dreaming of becoming a Terror. Today it is finally a freshman at the prestigious University Monsters University, where the best Terrors are formed. His career plan prepared is nevertheless threatened by his encounter with James P. Sullivan, Sulli said, a real crack has a natural gift for Terrify. Blinded by their desire to prove to each other they are unbeatable, both end up being fired from the university. Even worse: they realize that if they want things to have a chance to return to normal, they will have to work together, and with a small group of bizarre monsters and mismatched ... The monsters are bizarre and ugly but my son was not afraid anymore...

I saw unfortunately in VF - but in 3D. Well, I think we can say goodbye to the asperity at Pixar. Technically this course is impeccable, and the film remains "entertaining", but the scenario is super predictable, not super funny, very family (hopefully) You can let your son with three or four watching this movie. It is not shameful, just basic. And I do not see much use to tell it - except of course the dollars.

Duration : 1 h 44
      by Dan Scanlon
      Nationality USA
      july 2013
      with the voices of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Peter Sohn

2-3 / 6

30.07.2015 22:14

Advantages

• "Help if you are feeling a bit under the weather"

Re-energise yourself

From time to time I just feel as though my body needs a boost so I buy these effervescent tablets. I bought these orange flavour Boots Re-energise effervescent tablets for £3.09 for 30 tablets. I think they are great to take just as a general health booster for anyone even if you don't suffer from colds as they contain vitamin C which aids your immune system and just generally give you a lift. They are suitable for vegetarians and contain sweeteners.

The tablets are about an inch across and I will dissolve one tablet in a half pint glass filled up about three quarters full as this is the consistency I prefer, however some people will like the tablets more or less diluted. The tablets do start to fizz as they are melting and I usually help it along by stirring it with a spoon as they sometimes don't always fully dissolve if you leave them on their own. They do have a sweet orange taste but it isn't too strong so I would think they would be suitable for most people. I can taste the fruity taste in my mouth for a while after drinking it.

I would say that these sort of drinks are aimed to inject an extra dose of vitamin C in your system to boost your immune system but they don't replace a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. If you haven't been eating properly due to illness they would also be suitable to help to build your vitamin C intake up again. When I am taking these I feel that I am just giving myself an extra bit of care towards a healthier body. I would say that if I start to take these when I feel a cold coming on my symptoms don't seem to severe.

I have used other effervescent tablets before and to be honest I can't really find any difference apart from the different tastes, but this is just down to people's personal taste. I do recommend these to give you a pick me up if you are feeling a bit under the weather.

• Cold Mountain (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.07.2015 22:09

Advantages

• enjoyable
      • "the actors"

Disadvantages

an enjoyable movie to watch

When I hear "Civil War" and "romantic story", I immediately think of the cult classic "Gone with the Wind." And before watching it, I was afraid to see yet another novel water-in-pink silly to wish and feeling the pathos. It was certainly a little noticed but in the end there is something that allowed me to counteract. In fact, the fact is divided into two plots. On one side, we see Ada Monroe and Ruby, respectively played by Nicole Kidman and Renée Zellwegger, put their home in good condition. On the other, we look Inman, played by Jude Law, deserting the war and across the country to find his beloved. Dividing history into two sub-plots and oscillate in turn gives a punch to the rhythm of the film. And finally, we have the impression of seeing a road-trip
      to the historical dimension or a western, a simple and banal love story. Everything is served not only by staging that emphasizes the beautiful landscapes but also by an impressive cast with the Law-Kidman-Zellweger trio and a plethora of other actors (Natalie Portman, Donald Sutherland, Philip Seymour Hoffman, ...). Special mention to Renée Zellweger takes a different role from what it usually does and who won the Oscar for best supporting actress Despite its flaws forgivable, "Cold Mountain" is still an enjoyable movie to watch. So you can buy it in dvd or bluray.
      Drama
      Duration : 2 h 33
      Date : 2004
      By Anthony Mingella
      with jude law , Renee Zellweger...

30.07.2015 21:57

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Pore Clogging"
      • Cakey

Be okay for teenage girls or if you on a budget.

Natural Collection skincare has been around for years and it's one of the cheapest and basic brands that you can find. I remember it being some of the first makeup i had ever purchased as a teenager and this was probably because it was very simple and easy to understand what is what and not a huge amount of products you had to choose from to make it confusing.

Most of your products will be under £10- when you compare to some of the other shelf brands or counter brands that is really cheap! Concelar sticks you can get for a couple of quid but they are pretty cake and look chalky on your skin. Foundation is okay and decent coverage for what you pay for but again it does look quite 'cheap' on your skin so it's a case of you get what you pay for.

I think this brand is okay to wear as a day to day makeup - i know people that use this daily and then at the weekend or a special event they will wear there more expensive makeup. And that's not a knock at this brand or to look down on it- i think it caters very well for a certain market due to it's price and simplicity.

The downside to that is there isn't as many ranges of colours and tones as other brand and it tends to lean towards the more ivory, paler colours rather than the tan and dark shades.

30.07.2015 21:54

Advantages

• fiction

Disadvantages

• nothing

Very cool an Ambitious

Idly travelling alone in his TARDIS, The Eighth Doctor is interrupted by the materialisation of Lucie Miller, a nineteen year-old northern lass from 2006. Affronted by this intrusion into his home, the Doctor attempts to return her back to Earth, but is blocked by some kind of barrier, sending them spiralling onto the human colony of Red Rocket Rising - a planet that has been ravaged by asteroids and suffering from an Impact Winter. But things are set to get worse for the inhabitants of Red Rocket Rising and its recent visitors, when the Daleks arrive under the guise of rescue...

These Eighth Doctor Adventures form their own Range outside of the monthly Doctor Who releases and are set later in the 8th Doctor's timeline than his other adventures with Charley Pollard. This range also featured on BBC Radio 7 and is set out in 'seasons' which make them feel more compatible with the relaunched series. In fact, the 8th Doctor and Lucie's relationship is similar to that of 10th Doctor and Donna, even down to the very similar entrances by both ladies. There is a nice bit of banter between the two, added with the intriguing mystery of where she came from, and what she knows and can remember.

I really enjoyed the characterisation of both the 8th Doctor and Lucie - Paul McGann's Doctor was seldom explored in his one and only TV appearance, featuring more heavily in book and comic strips during the series' absence between 1996 - 2005. These audio adventures (and the earlier ones from the main range) are the closest thing to an actual canon appearance for the 8th Doctor and delve more into the personality of this incarnation of the Time Lord. I like his whimsical soul and the gentle humour he possesses throughout the story - he doesn't feel as hardened as his subsequent incarnation, but judging by this Doctor's alluded involvement in the Time War, he is set for more difficult decisions ahead.

Lucie, as I mentioned, feels similar to Donna in as much as she is a brash, opinionated and distrusting of the Doctor. While she fits the same age as Rose Tyler, she is totally different in personality and doesn't seem as in awe of the cosmos as she did - even feeling disappointment at the state of her first alien world. She is a great companion to entice new listeners to the audios, as she does represent much of the New Series' popularity, so it's an easy transition to go from the series to this audio and not feel the cultural divide between 'Classic Who' and 'New Who' as much as some people do.

The Daleks are an obvious choice to use to draw people in to a new series and they are utilised well here - as with 'Evil of the Daleks' and 'Victory of the Daleks', they adopt a benevolent and peaceful façade to their victims, in order to lure them into a trap. I like this approach as it showcases the intelligence and cunning of the Daleks, which isn't highlighted enough, in my opinion.

The side characters are pretty intriguing, although I did find it a little bit tricky to tell the difference between Klint and Asha at times as both actresses had similar voices and when they were talking to each other, I would occasionally get lost in who was saying what and had to replay those chapters. I'm not sure whether this is something anyone else would experience, but I found everyone else to have more distinctive accents or voices, apart from those two.

The sound effects and score are really good - I am a sucker for audio effects and love turning the sound up and getting sucked into the visual world that the sounds conjure in my mind's eye. The score evokes the mood perfectly and in some places reminds me of the initial Resident Evil game - it's strange how certain bits of music stick in your head.

Overall, this was a great starting point! As this is the initial release for the Eighth Doctor Adventures, it is frequently on offer and has introductory prices, so it is worthwhile following Big Finish on Twitter to see if they are having any sales on these discs, but I would recommend it even at full price, especially if you're a fan of the current series and have never experienced the Classic Doctors properly - it's very new listener friendly and doesn't feel tied up in both TV or Big Finish continuity. As long as you know who the Daleks and Time Lords are, you can enjoy this first part of Blood of the Daleks! I purchased the second part at the same time, so I shall be reviewing that shortly.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown