• Fortuna Fold Over Finger Splint / First Aid / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.06.2016 01:48

Advantages

• "Helps prevent long-term damage"
      • "Stabilizes the finger"

Disadvantages

• "In the way "
      • "Hard to keep clean"

They get the job done, if you can deal with it being in your way.

As an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) I have seen fold over finger splints used by many health care professionals. These splints are mostly used with much more severe finger injuries, like fractures or dislocations. The splint is made out of malleable aluminum with foam padding for comfort. One thing that is really aggravating about the splint is that it seems to always be in the way, so much so, people just take them off. Keep in mind any splint or cast is going to aggravating and in the way.

• Iceland / Destination International / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.06.2016 00:29

Advantages

• "Beautiful place "

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "

Iceland beat Netto!

So England crushed by the mighty Iceland to be bounced out of the European Championships like a fat Polar Bear jumping on an ice sheet catapulting a penguin on the other end into Greenland, the British Prime Minister and England coach resigning in the same week for similar Brexit debacles all too much. The players have turned on Woy as soon as he went and Iceland march on to play the French. It was certainly poundland football by the British billionaires. The Wales squad were caught on video cheering wildly when England lost, odd as most of them were born in England to an English parent or two. Footballers are not the brightest. I don’t hold out much chance of keeping the union together rafter this week.

===Quote===

‘….England have already arranged some preseason friendlies to prepare for the World Cup in Russia in 2016, that of Aldi and Lidl……’
      (The Sun)

By now just about everyone knows the population of Iceland is around 300,000 (sandwiched between the Maldives and the Bahamas), more than some of the tax havens England normally beat 7-0 in the qualifying groups, and where most of the England player’s money is stashed. 10% of that Icelandic populous were in France for this tournament and so technically Iceland an even smaller country in the championships. . Iceland has a 12 team semi-pro Premier League to pull from and 73 football league clubs in total and many games played indoors. The Iceland coach is a qualified practicing dentist. The keeper Halldorsson is a professional filmmaker and did the video for the 2102 Icelandic Eurovision entrant.

Football, of course, is all there is to cheer for in Iceland sporting wise and so the nation one million percent behind them. The now familiar fans war cry will no doubt be mimicked in football leagues around the world and now footballs original Hakka. The scenes at the end of the game when the Iceland team celebrated with the fans was extraordinary as the players led the war cry in formation. It actually originated in Motherwell FC ground and taken to Iceland by a visiting Icelandic team in the EUFA Cup.

Iceland won because they wanted it more than England. It was their first tournament and the nation was 100% behind them. England were scared, meaning when the crunch came they chose comfort in losing as the easy way out. Iceland set up well in every game they play, a defensive mindset and well drilled at it. It works. The long throw was one of those well practiced skills and caught England out, even though England knew it was coming. These teams survive or die on set pieces. Glen Hoddle on commentary was apoplectic at England for conceding that goal, and Iceland scoring a second by beating a rather feeble Joe Hart this tournament just summed up how one dimensional and rusty the team has been. France may think they will out pace the Icelandic team but when a team does put so many behind the ball it’s never easy to pick your way through, whoever you are.

The expansion of the Euros and the World Cup has allowed smaller teams like Iceland and Albania to have a chance of being there and they have seized it. In the 2014 World Cup qualifiers Iceland reached the play offs only to lose to Croatia 2-0 over two legs. They would have been the smallest ever nation to qualify if they had won. For the European Championships they qualified outright, at the expense of Holland, who failed to qualify from the group and suffered 5 defeats. But the player pool is small on the island and only around 40,000 adults to pick from, so much so that last year Talinn Gudjohnsen was substituted for his father Arnor. What we all like about the Iceland team sheet, of course, apart from the beards is every name ends in son. Record scorer Eider Gudjohnsen has been in the team since 1996 and still playing and setting those records at 37-years-old.

===Team===

11 FW Alfreð Finnbogason---Germany Augsburg
      15 FW Jón Daði Böðvarsson---Kaiserslautern
      22 FW Eiður Guðjohnsen---Norway Molde FK

29.06.2016 23:53

Advantages

• "Zero odour"
      • Flawless
      • "Long lasting (2-3 weeks)"
      • "Natural looking tan"
      • "Even coverage"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

A new class of tan. Flawless natural looking even tan that lasts weeks!

Vita Liberata pHenomenal is the best self-tan product I have EVER used. I bought it on offer in Boots as I wanted to try something different to St Tropez and I was very impressed with the packaging, and I was converted straight away!!! As soon as I put it on I was very pleased with the lovely brown colour (no dreaded orange in sight!) and it hadn't even had time to develop yet! They recommend leaving it on for 6-24 hours then applying again after a shower to ensure the tan lasts. The really big selling point of this tan for me is how long it lasts - I can genuinely say after using this product I am tanned for about 2 to 3 weeks which is exactly as they state on the package. This is so convenient for me as I hate the effort of having to reapply a few times a week. Also, unlike other self-tans there is ABSOLUTELY zero smell to this product which is perfect as this can sometimes be really off putting particularly if other people can smell it, which I have found can make you self conscious. So if you want an odourless tanning product this is the one for you. Another plus which just adds to the convenience is how quickly it dries after application with no greasy feeling whatsoever, so you can just get dressed pretty much straight away with no uncomfortable feeling.

This really does give you perfectly even coverage with no streaks in sight and is so practical and convenient if you don't have much time to spare. I would recommend using a tanning mitt for optimal results. This is the best tanning product I've ever used, I am extremely impressed with it and all the claims Vita Liberata make on the packaging are completely true! It is quite pricey but totally worth it for the results you achieve and the length of time it lasts.

29.06.2016 23:34

Advantages

• Nothing

Disadvantages

• "Obnoxious "
      • Rude
      • Lies
      • "No care"

Don't waste your time with this dealership !!

Unfortunately I can't give a 0 ! Worst dealership I have ever used in my life. Between myself and my partner we have used Autoworld for over 10 years there lack of customer service is beyond me. Staff are unhelpful rude and speak over you yet if you go to speak and they want to speak they tell you that they aren't dealing with you, surely it works both ways. The service manager should not be allowed to speak to customers he changes his story to suit and then backtracks and accuses you of shouting and being irate because you've caught him out. They lie and try to make up work on their FREE VHC, I was sent mine via text with a video and report, where I was told that ALL under bonnet levels were correct yet in the report my oil level is low and needed a £15.00 top up. This is what I spoke to the service manager about where he kept changing his story to suit and he also quoted me two different prices making it cheaper each time to try and get me to pay for it despite my oil level being perfectly normal I have even checked this on returning home myself. I would recommend that everyone stays away from this dealer unless you like rudeness and un-helpfulness. The only positive I have is Emma on Citroen reception she is lovely unlike the other people I have dealt with at this dealership I will not be returning and I recommend you don't go there either.

29.06.2016 23:31

Advantages

• "Smooth application"
      • "Flawless finish"
      • "Easy application"
      • "Even coverage"

Disadvantages

• "Hard to clean "

Brilliant even coverage that gives a flawless look

This is the best product I've ever used and definitely the most important in achieving my whole makeup look. Before I bought this brush I used to apply my foundation with my fingers which as you can imagine was super ineffective and my foundation wasn't applied well at all. This brush literally revolutionised my whole makeup routine, it really is amazing and gives me really even coverage and it's very easy to apply two coats of foundation without it looking caked on because it blends so well. The shape of the brush is great as you can reach areas like either side of your nose easily without getting foundation where you don't want it. It's perfect for achieving precision in this way.

The brush is one of the more expensive available in shops but it's a one off cost that is really worth it in the long run as you will achieve perfect coverage every day. In terms of cleaning the brush, it is difficult to do unless you get yourself some baby shampoo and rinse using the shampoo and lukewarm water - don't use hot water as this can melt the glue and the brush hairs are more likely to fall out as a result. I then tend to leave it to dry naturally as this is better for the brush, so you should aim to clean it when you aren't expecting to wear makeup the next day. However this isn't always possible so drying the brush with a tissue will suffice. Foundation can build up quite quickly on the brush so I would suggest cleaning it around every two weeks.

Overall I can't recommend this product enough, it is a must have for your makeup bag for that smooth perfected finish!

29.06.2016 23:11

Advantages

• Soothing
      • Effective
      • "Long lasting"
      • "Fresh feeling"
      • "Smells amazing"

Disadvantages

• Heavy

The best roll-on, conveniently small in size and smells wonderful

I have never used any other deodorant but this one! I know many women prefer aerosols but you should give a roll on deodorant like this a chance as it is simple but really very effective, I can genuinely say I have never smelled while using this deodorant even after a night out. It smells beautiful and is a great small size compared to large aerosol cans, meaning it is perfect to carry around with you in your handbag and even fits in some clutch bags in case you wanted to take it out on an evening with you. Having said that, I have never had to reapply this deodorant during the day so this is unlikely to even be a concern! The only potential downside for some women is the slight wet feeling on your underarms straight after applying it however I don't tend to notice this anymore and I don't have to wait to get dressed. It doesn't transfer at all onto your clothes so there is no need to worry about white stains, and I also find it very moisturising due to the roll on nature of the product. This is a brilliant positive and I find it especially soothing after shaving!!!

In terms of the price, the product is great value for money and cheaper than less superior similar products on the market. Despite the small size it is also long lasting and the clear glass bottle means you have some idea of when you need to buy another one which is an extra help. The only potential downside for some may be that the bottle is quite heavy. I would definitely recommend this deodorant it is my favourite and don't think I will ever change it!

29.06.2016 22:55

Advantages

• Long-lasting
      • Buildable
      • "Separated lashes"
      • "Fanned out look"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Beautifully fanned out lashes, you will get so many compliments!

This mascara is definitely the best on the market if you are after long, beautifully separated lashes that don't clump together and give a really lovely fanned-out look. It also removes the need to curl your lashes which saves time in the morning as the brush does this for you and your lashes will stay curled all day - with a lot of mascaras I've used previously I've had trouble with my lashes falling downwards during the day. One of my eyes is more closed than the other so this factor makes them look really even, giving me more confidence. Whenever I wear this mascara I seem to get compliments all the time with people asking me what product I'm using, so it really does do what it says!!! I think it is especially popular because even just one coat makes your eyelashes look so much longer, achieving a more natural effect which is more impressive than the false-lash effect mascaras! Having said that, if you desire you can easily build this product up with a few coats which really makes your lashes stand out particularly as the mascara is a lovely deep black. This is ideal for a night out or heavier evening look that still looks really classy because of the fan effect and lack of clumpiness!

I really would recommend this product as it is so adaptable whether you want a natural fanned out gorgeous look for every day, or for a more dramatic night time appearance. The only downside is how expensive it is especially as I am a student with a tight budget! However, it really gives your lashes a new lease of life and like all Benefit products is long lasting so this counteracts the downside of the price!

29.06.2016 22:14

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "True to size"
      • "Form fitting"
      • "Wash well"
      • "Good quality"
      • Comfortable

Disadvantages

• "A bit plain"

Most comfortable underwear available, long lasting, great value for money and extra confidence!

Big fan of Sloggi pants, they really are the most comfortable underwear you can buy nowadays! I like the high waisted style combined with the close fitting fabric as this really smooths me out in my stomach area and perfects my shape under clothes - lumpy bits no more! So although it may sound silly these do give me a little bit of extra confidence because my figure is more streamlined!!! Another big positive is that they wash really well so tend to last a lot longer than your other mainstream brands. This may also be helped by the fact they are cotton underwear - I swear by cotton pants as they are best for intimate feminine health and I know this is a concern for many women including myself. The only downside I could find for these is that they may not be best for the bedroom because they are quite plain although still give you a great shape. A recommendation I would also make is that if you like your underwear to fit a little loosely then perhaps try the size up as this underwear can be quite close fitting. Other than that I really can't fault these as being the perfect everyday choice of underwear out there! If you are focused on comfort then Sloggi is the best brand available and there are plenty of different styles in their range to find what suits you. They are great value for money especially considering how long they last me, the quality provided and the comfort which is so important. A definite MUST HAVE in your underwear draw! Ladies you will not be disappointed.

• teleflorist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.06.2016 20:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Too many to mention "

Disgraceful service, avoid!

Flowers delivered as a "surprise" for a friends birthday,at her place of work.. requested delivery on Monday, delivered on Sunday and as the building was empty, it was deemed acceptable to launch the flowers over the 10ft security fencing at 11am on the Sunday..(hottest day of the year bearing in mind) absolutely avoid at all costs!

29.06.2016 00:47

Advantages

• "Doesn't become damp when camping."
      • "Doesn't fall apart in steamy bathrooms."
      • "Cost effective. Don't need wads of it."
      • "Interleaved sheet packs handy for travel"
      • " no chemicals."
      • "Not dyed"
      • "Not chlorine bleached. No dioxins."
      • "Smooth. No lint."
      • "Much stronger than soft toilet tissue."

Disadvantages

• "Medicated. Why? Utterly pointless."
      • "Not sold in multi-packs."
      • Discontinued.

We still want to buy Izal toilet tissue or similar product.

Got used to Izal toilet tissue (sulphite toilet tissue) at school and acquired the habit but never understood why it was medicated. Our households favourite until discontinued, it's just so much stronger than soft tissue and doesn't cause irritation and blocked toilets like some of the thicker soft tissues and wet wipes.
      Manufacturers and retailers (Wake up, you!) have wilfully neglected an iconic product by failing to improve it, marketing it poorly, packaging it poorly, not advertising and ignoring their customers. Does anyone know where to bulk-buy a similar toilet tissue?

28.06.2016 21:56

Disadvantages

Good

The whole thing is chewable so it works well as a chew play toy. I can apply teething gel to my 4 month olds teeth without having to get my fingers into his mouth. No risk of potentially scratching him with a nail.
      Very happy with it, he seems to enjoy chewing it.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.06.2016 18:50

Advantages

• "mouse clicks are smooth"
      • "sturdy structure "
      • "very fast"

Disadvantages

• "no removable battery"
      • "USB points are a bit stiff"
      • "battery life "

really happy with the product only small issues that were annoying

This laptop along with pc specialist in general has been a pleasure to buy. Both have been really easy and quick. However the drivers needed to download from pc specialist website were a little outdated. And I had to find my own drivers onlin, but not a huge issue.

Delivery was within 2 weeks which is good for a custom build.

The updates on the delivery notes were really appreciated :)

28.06.2016 15:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

• Staffordshire

Not as tasty as they used to be

I used to love these in the past, when I bought them in a tubular pack, so treated myself to a 126 gram bag.
      What a disappointment! The chocolate tastes strangely oily and the biscuit-crunch centre is all but nonexistent. I certainly won't be buying them again until someone tells me they are back to their old standard.

28.06.2016 12:01

Advantages

• "Shows good foreign films"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Blue is the Warmest Color - A film I saw in Liverpool

Star – Lea Seydoux and Adele Exarchoupoulos
      Genre – World Cinema > Drama
      Run Time – 180 minutes
      Certificate – 18R
      Country – French
      Golden Globe – 1 nomination
      Awards – 83 Wins & 92 Nominations
      Amazon – £5.99 DVD (Blue Ray £8.3700)
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

So, a 3 hour French lesbian movie anyone? In the old days of VHS tapes and no free online porn teenage boys would jump at the chance to rent this at Blockbusters. Every guy remembers the awkward excitement of leaving the video store with a soft-core naughty film with a likewise title in your Granada Video carrier bag. It was normally hardly worth it for the embarrassing moment with the clerk and the excuse you come up with for renting naughty art house films but it was a right of passage in those days. Today you don’t need to rent French three hour lesbian art house movie as its all there on the internet. Commercial lipstick lesbians in films are just that and real ones are not so appealing to men. ‘Blue is the Warmest Color ’has to make at least one of the lead two girls in love pretty and feminine to avoid a smaller audience and so a compromise of sorts but still an intelligent and emotional exploration of love and belonging. But at three hours long its hard work.

It was certainly hard work for actresses Lea Seydoux and Adele Exarchoupoulos on set. Tunisian director Abdellatif Kechiche insisted they didn’t wear make up for most of the film and encouraged to improvise their performances after he only let them read the script just once. It was revealed that the director would do hundreds of takes for small scenes to achieve the desired realism of the story, and his intense directorial style was deemed borderline abusive from the actress, including the explicit love scenes, which there are lots. One scene took 100 takes. Both actresses commented that the film looked so real because Kechiche pushed them to their breaking point, and that they were really struggling emotionally on set. Both have openly said that they did not want to work with this guy ever again. But the performances are strong and for the first time ever the Palme d'Or was officially awarded to both lead actors alongside Kechiche. Normally it’s the director who gets that award. The director’s realism style included lots of footage of the actresses of set when they were unaware they were being filmed. Both actresses have said their onscreen relationship was real to some extent and now close friends. This is the first film adaption of a graphic novel to win the Palm D'Or.

===Cast===

Fanny Maurin ... Amélie
      Maelys Cabezon ... Laetitia
      Samir Bella ... Samir

===Plot===

Upper working –class 16-year-old French highschool student Adèle (Adèle Exarchopoulos) is beginning to explore herself as a woman. She is attracted to handsome and cool alpha male Antoine (Benjamin Siksou), who date and then have sex. But she doesn’t enjoy the physical side with men and soon attracted to female school friend Amélie (Fanny Maurin) who she does desire. But she dreams of something more than greasers and schoolgirl crushes and meets Emma (Léa Seydoux), an older free spirited lesbian girl with blue hair, whom she sees around town and then runs into when she ventures into her first gay bar alone.

Adele’s friends begin to reject Adèle due to her sexuality as the two fall deeply in love and spend all the time together and soon Emma the only person with whom she can express herself openly to. Together, Adèle and Emma explore the search for social acceptance, sexuality, and the emotional range of their maturing relationship. Emma is from a middle-class liberal family and all this conflicts water off a ducks back, Adele’s family, alas, not so understanding. The couple join peace rallies and mix with eclectic free thinking friends and enjoy gay pride vents and their version of freedom.

We follow the two girl’s lives through university and then work, Adele now a primary school teacher and Emma an aspiring artist. But then Samir (Salim Kechiouche) comes into their world and Adele drawn to his caring and more stable side as kids and family life are on the agenda. The two girls love is put under strain as societies norms threaten. Emma wants to fight the system, create art and hang with interesting people whilst a home, stability and a man to pay the mortgage are on Adele’s horizons.

===Results===

For a start the film loses a star for being three hours long. No film should be three hours long. The acting is superb in capturing the intensity and all consuming state that is love and the politics around it but its still three hours of it. It loosely explores the idea that lesbian love may be more a choice by being rejected by men and it’s fair to say there are very few straight men that would chose to be gay. For men it’s genetic but for some women it’s part of emancipation and dealing with that rejection. It is very confusing to men on why many lesbian women want to look like men with a butch look so to attract gay females. I don’t want to go into the butch - fem thing here as I know I will be slaughtered.

As I say the film is the lead performances and somehow they get you through the three hours. You need to treat this film like a boxset and watch it in three or four visits. Its just very long and intelligent love story that you may not get sucked into. It is wordy and there is a subtext around the great writers interpretation of love and so something else to chew on there. The sex is fairly explicit but not remotely erotic. The girls have nice bodies and lots of sex scenes but tomboys kissing each other wont have you reaching for the hanky - as the romantic breakups wont. Somewhat oddly ‘fake ladies parts’ were used for the sex scenes so to get a 17C certificate in France. You can see in those scenes the girls are acting but also understanding how they should be turned on. I’m guessing the two girls experimented off screen for the method and no doubt the director had a hidden camera when they did.

It sags in the middle like a middle aged lesbian at a CND rally in the 1980s and the love story hard to connect to for guys. You can totally understand why a woman would love another women as they 100% understand each other but a relationship needs leader and a follower and we don’t really get that here. They are equals for most of the film and both do the ironing. I’m guessing the rather camp Tunisian director is quietly exploring his sexuality through the film and the poor actress had to carry that out that confusion and interpretation to the millimeter. But it is an interesting and highly rated movie and if you enjoy your arty foreign films and can handle subtitles and have three hours to spare then you will enjoy this. If you are a 17-year-old lad with A-Level French coming up then at least you have an excuse.

===RATINGS===

Imdb.com – 7.8/10.0 (90,327votes)
      Rottentomatos.com –90% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – 88% critic’s approval

===Special Features===

Blue Ray is great for blue hair, of course, and colorful gay pride rallies but not worth spending the extra for. There are plenty of extras but they are not well subtitled. Its looks great on the smart TV in Blue Ray but a very talky and melancholic movie so not one that needs Blue Ray. The director’s commentary is on the mind boggling uncut 200 minute version!

-Directors commentary-

The Tunisian gets all pretentious on the layered track

-Deleted Scenes-

Lots and lots

-Cannes Premier-

Lots of red carpet and cheering from ne in pastille suits.

===Critics===

New Statesman –‘It's a spellbinding piece of acting. Exarchopoulos is not so much an open book as an uncorrected proof, every idle desire and surging daydream splashed across her face, waiting to be edited and inhibited by experience’.

Financial Times –‘The camera brilliantly demonstrates how love feels: the slightly paranoid, deeply hysterical and hugely inaccurate super-concentration on one other person to the absolute exclusion of everything else’.

Daily Telegraph –‘Blue is the Warmest Colour is mostly tremendous, and anchored by two of the year's most fiercely committed performance’

Empire Magazine –‘Anchored by two of the most natural, committed performances you'll ever see, Blue Is The Warmest Colour is the most moving love story of the year’.

Atrhouse Film.com –‘Blue is the Warmest Color is about people, not flesh, about letting all boundaries go and giving into desire and pleasure, about devouring a lover and being devoured’.

Film4 –‘Something must be said for a film that's three hours long and remains this consistently engaging.’

Herald Sun –‘Viewed independently of the argy-bargy surrounding it, Blue Is the Warmest Colour is simply a remarkable work of cinema’.

===========

• Corsair Vengeance K70 / Keyboard / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.06.2016 09:22

Advantages

• "Media Keys"
      • "Great Build Quality"
      • "Interchangeable keys"
      • "Comfortable spacing"
      • "Low Travel Distance"
      • "Fast Keystrokes"

Disadvantages

• "No dedicated macro keys"
      • "Backplate collects dust"
      • "No software customization "

Reliable, Comfortable and Responsive - 8/10

I bought this keyboard with my new gaming build about 6 months ago and I still marvel at the comfort and speed this keyboard delivers. The keys are spaced comfortably and with little travel distance and a great tactile feedback from the Cherry MX Reds/Browns each keystroke feels satisfying. Since I play a lot of games often this keyboard has had its fair share of battery and still performs as if I had just bought it.

The backlighting which has 4 options going from off to its brightest you'll be able to see each key well, and with the addition of the metal backplate behind the keys the reflected light gives it a great look. The keyboard itself looks and feels well built with good plastics and metal workings throughout.

The keyboard sadly does not have customizable software, but instead uses three round keys at the top which allow some customization. By holding down the keylighting button for a few seconds you can enter "edit" mode letting you choose which keys are lit up and which are not, selecting to enable the "Windows" key or disabling it and finally the brightness levels for your keys.

The K70 also comes with alternate keycaps for your 1-6 and WASD keys giving them a different colour and texture and also curving them towards your hand. I found that after a short time with these keycaps I barely hit the wrong keys and my hand naturally sits into the shape of the keys.

The metal backplate as you might expect does tend to build up a fair amount of dust, especially where I'm using it there are three computers running which is probably the culprit, and if you're looking for some dedicated macro keys you won't find any on this keyboard, also because of the lack of customization software standard keys cannot be mapped to macros. The extra keys you get are the media control keys which are nice and chunky with a metal volume wheel.

Overall as a gaming keyboard I have found the K70 to be one of the best and most reliable I have used. The build feels really strong and the sensation from the Cherry MX Red switches is very responsive. As much as it lacks in customization it more than makes up for with pure performance and feel. I would give this keyboard a solid 8/10

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown