• Surf Tropical / Household Product / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2014 15:46

Advantages

• "great price"
      • "great smell"

Disadvantages

Fantastic smelling laundry detergent !!!

I''ve been using surf from a very long time. I come to this product when i was finding a best economical laundry detergent which can clean our clothes perfectly and also leave them smelling fresh and clean.

This product never disappoints me. I always found it at a very good price comparing to other leading brands and most of times i could even manage to get it in sale. I always found my laundry very neatly done and with awesome smell specially with the husband''s shirt collars and my baby''s messy clothes which gets messy everyday and needs a good and fragrance wash. I never had any problem with the colors even when i wash colorful and light clothes together by mistake with this detergent.

All in all i will stick to this product as it''s one of our families favorite buy and i would highly recommend this product to all families who are looking for a fresh smelling clean laundry in a budget :)

22.07.2014 15:39

Advantages

• Versatile
      • Cute

Disadvantages

• "Can see background through stickers - may be a problem for some"

Fun and pretty stickers you can use for a variety of projects

These cute stickers can be used in a variety of designs to make lovely cards or personalise gift bags and other projects.

The Me To You bears are always popular, and docrafts have really done justice to these cute little characters. They are especially handy for making simple yet beautiful handmade cards for girls or women, though I''m sure they''d be quite good for a card for a very little boy also - or else someone who loves teddy bears!

The silver effect on many of the stars and butterflies make for lovely shiny additions, and these don''t necessarily have to be used on the same cards as the bears because they go very well with a large variety of toppers and embellishments.

The stickers can easily be split into three card designs, simply by taking a bear and its surrounding stickers for each card. You could also use the majority of the stickers on one extra special card or craft project if arranged accordingly. Sometimes the stickers can be a little difficult to peel off in one piece, but if you''re careful and take your time, they''re usually fine.

The stickers would also be great for kids to stick on notebook covers, or as decorations on envelopes, lunchboxes, mirrors, etc. etc.

The stickers are semi-see-through, and often the background you place them on shows through. Sometimes this can be very effective and pretty looking by itself, but if you don''t want it to do that (which I recommend for the stickers with words on, particularly if you have a busy background)you can try sticking them on a plain background (e.g. white) first, and then cutting around them.

22.07.2014 15:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "hard tube"
      • pricey

Would not buy it agaain

I have a very dry/sensitive skin and i use a lot of cosmetic so i could not use any normal face wash. I saw L''Oréal Skin Perfection Gel Cream wash on sale in boots so i thought to give it a try

It cleanses my skin and remove the whole makeup properly but only when i use it in a large quantity which makes it bit pricey. I found it okay for my dry skin but not very good and it does not keep my skin soft and refreshing for a long time.
      I could easily see the dry patches after the wash. I does not like it''s packaging too. It''s a large tube which is really hard to squeeze to take out the enough quantity of cream. Personally i would not recommend this product to those who have very dry/sensitive skin and wanted a fresh look for a long time.

22.07.2014 14:09

Advantages

• "Good plot"
      • "Well illustrated"
      • Fun

Disadvantages

• Short

A Stylish Manga with Great Characters and a Fun Tone

This is one of my guilty pleasures, and I''''m so glad that it is. Volume one is an excellent start to the series and has a great mix of irreverence and seriousness. Matsuri Hino''''s sense of humour is well represented throughout - not least by the chibis (small, cute and often chubby versions of the characters)included at the end.

This manga series is largely aimed at teenagers, but I see no reason why this selection of sultry vampires and a seriously fantastic heroine shouldn''''t be enjoyed by adults too (though if your one of these people who don''''t like to be seen reading books with bright covers or that are aimed at young adults, I recommend that you read it at home instead of the train.

There is somewhat of a love triangle here involving a girl, a vampire, and another male, but unlike some young adult vampire series ([cough] twilight [cough]) this doesn''''t fall into the trap of becoming overly melodramatic or taking itself too seriously. Also, Yuki Cross beats Bella Swan hands down in terms of character, toughness, and lack of stupidity.

That''''s not to say that fans of Twilight won''''t love this too - I''''m sure they will, I just personally prefer this to Twilight.

I think the setting of a boarding school where the humans are taught in the day and the vampires are taught in the night (though the humans simply think they''''re the gifted class,) is great. It means that there is a limit to how far the characters can escape from each other since they''''re largely bound by the limits of the school.

The only real thing that annoys me about the volumes is that I find them too short - over too quickly for my liking, I want more! But then, I guess that''''s how they get you to buy the next volume.

22.07.2014 14:08

Advantages

• "Highlighted my own colour"
      • "Shine and hold"

Disadvantages

• "It is expensive at full price"

Shine and hold from John Frieda

As my hair has been looking a little bit dull and lacklustre I decided to treat myself to some John Frieda products which were especially designed for brunette hair to give it some life back and bring out the natural tones and highlights. I have used some different products in the range before and thought they were really good so when Boot’s were having a special offer on them I decided to ry some different products in the range which I hadn’t tried before.
      One of them was the John Frieda brilliant brunette hairspray which is something that I hadn''''t tried before but which I was looking forward to using as I need to use hairspray everyday and usually they end up building up on my hair and contributing to the lack of shine and this one promised to give my hair a luminous shine and a lusterous finish while helping my own natural brunette tones and highlights shine through.
      I probably wouldn''''t have bought this had it not been on offer simply because at 6.00 GBP it is a bit expensive for my budget but on offer it was much more reasonable.
      I really liked using this because it gave just the right amount of spray. It came out in a fine mist which coated my whole head in a few short bursts without making it wet. I could just style my hair and then spray this and my hair was ready to go.
      It gave a good hold but no better than most hairsprays but where it really scored points was in the fact that it really gave my hair a lot of shine and unlike with the shampoo and conditioner I actually felt as though this really did highlight the colour of my hair and make it look more luminous and brought the colour more to the fore while subtly highlighting it.
      It made my hair look shinier and more luxurious while giving good hold that didn''''t go stiff or leave white flakes. I will definately be looking out for this and plan on buying some more next time that I see it is on offer.

22.07.2014 14:04

Advantages

• "Washing comes out dry!"
      • "Very Quick"
      • "Huge drum capacity"
      • "Silent "

Disadvantages

• "Cant pull drawer right out to clean"

A must buy!

This washing machine is by far the best i have ever owned, it is super quick washes items perfect a setting for all items memory storage (so if you use a wash often it will store the details of that wash i.e temp, spin and all you do is press M button).and another bonus is its A++ energy rating . I highly recommend this machine great value and well made a clear screen with countdown etc
      adjustable feet,child lock and fast spin,great looking and economic machine, love the delay start setting can load it when go to bed and so quiet it can start washing a couple of hours before plan to get up and doesn''''t disturb me, and saves time the next day by just taking washing out and hanging up rather than setting it going in the morning and and waiting for it to finish - a brilliant idea ... had previous Hotpoint for 14 years and hoping this will last just as long !!

22.07.2014 13:39

Advantages

• "Great Looking"
      • "Great Price"
      • "4 separate profiles"
      • "Only takes 1 li-on Battery"
      • "BMI Calculator"
      • "Body Fat and Water Analyser"

Disadvantages

• None!

A good looking, good quality bathroom scale!

I’ve never really been bothered about my weight until a few months ago, when I decided that I needed to lose some weight I figured I’d need some scales that were a little bit more technical than the ones I did have that just measured the weight and nothing else. I decided I wanted something that would measure, body fat!

These scales are pretty easy to set up, in the fact that they come so you can pre-set four different profiles for varying members of the family, or friends depending who else is going to use your scales. There’s three buttons on the top of the scales which mean you can change the profile that you want to use, so when you pick the profile you want to change. Just press the top button and hold until the digits on the screen flash which doesn’t take more than a few seconds and the buttons either side change the values, so it asks you to input your height and age – once you’re finished press the middle button again and you’re good to go! It’s incredibly easy, a lot easier than I expected since I didn’t really have to look in the instructions to fathom it either!

In the battery compartment at the back you can pick whether you want the weight in pounds, stones and pounds or kilos – that’s literally the flick of the switch so very easy to do which is good.

So when you step on it, you need to do it in bare feet because then through the silver sections on the plate it picks up your body fat, body water, and BMI – so you’re getting a very thorough weight just in less than a minute of standing on the scales.

The fact these scales take up to 160kg means you’ve got a lot of give in them really, the platform of the scale is glass, but reinforced and stabilised so that it will support 160kg without giving way. The beauty of these scales is that they are a very modern and attractive looking scale, so if you’ve not got anywhere to put them away – they’re a nice plain glass and silver addiction to your bathroom!

In the time I’ve had mine they’ve not skipped a beat once, the fact that they do the BMI, fat and water analysers I find so convenient as before I could only use Boots scales to get my body fat and BMI – so now it’s as easy as nipping into the bathroom jumping on a fast reacting scale and getting my measurements!

When I ordered these they were £10 on Amazon, they’re currently £14.99 on Amazon and also £14.99 in Argos so even at this price they are great quality – more than worth the money in my opinion!

22.07.2014 13:32

Advantages

• "Can be cut to suit"
      • "Great price"
      • "Don't look or feel synthetic"
      • "Easy to use/wear clips"

Disadvantages

• "Tangles easily"
      • "Sectioning Clip broke"
      • "Could do with a third piece"

An affordable alternative in hair extensions

I keep getting my hair cut and then I see these gorgeous long hair styles and miss my long hair. I’d been looking for extensions and happened to come across the Babyliss Styleable Extension Set 18” and after checking the various reviews decided to splash out the £29.99 (compared to the £140 human hair set I was considering).

I wasn’t expecting anything too great for the price but I was actually pleasantly surprised when they arrived. There are 2 sectioning clips (one of these broke the first time I opened it), a tail comb which is very handy for sectioning your hair off as well as combing through the extensions plus the two hair pieces – one 7” wide with 4 clips and the other 12” wide (both 18” long) with 6 clips. Each of the clips are hidden beneath the hair without bulking it out much and are as easy to use as kids hair clips but thankfully these actually stay in place!

Considering they are synthetic they don’t actually look out of place in my hair (although my hair is quite thick). I went for the dark brunette because I’d read the dark brown was more like black whereas this set has reddish hues rather than being a solid brown. One of the problems I have at the moment is my hair is about shoulder length and quite a blunt cut so it is very obvious where my hair ends – especially underneath the extensions. I can either wait until my hair grows longer or buy a second set which would bulk out the ends more. Another great thing about this set is there is very little shedding from them.

They do get tangled easily and although this is a styleable set up to 180 degrees, I’ve read other reviews and a lot of people have said it just doesn’t work – they’ve tried curling and straightening and it didn’t make a difference. There were also a lot of comments which mentioned the condition of the set worsened so for the moment, I am quite happy to wear them as they are – they are far easier to comb them as they are. I could also cut them but I quite like that they do have a slight curl to the ends.

To clean them it’s just a case of gently shampooing after each use. I then just leave them to air dry. I’m contemplating a second set just for a fuller look although would have preferred at least one other piece within the set. It still works out a lot cheaper than some other sets but I may wait until my hair is a little longer so it won’t need bulking out. If you’ve not got the money for human hair extensions they are worth considering.

22.07.2014 13:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Didn't call to apologise or explain why my time was wasted"
      • "Didn't show up for a viewing"

Terrible - they don''t show up for viewings

Based on my experience they offer appalling customer service. I went to Abode as I was interested in renting a property in Clapham South. I dealt with Shauna who initially seemed very good....until she arranged a viewing with me and failed to show up. It was a Friday night and I could have done without having my time completely wasted. I received an email confirmation of the viewing from her that afternoon (the viewing had already been rearranged once at her request). When she was 10 minutes late I called her phone, which went straight to voicemail, and I left a message to say I was outside the property. I have not received a callback; not that evening, not the next day, not when I called the office on Monday and not following the email I sent them asking for an explanation. I have no interest in dealing with them for my rental requirement. They clearly don''''t value their potential customers, and having read some of the other reviews of their service I think I''''ve had a lucky escape. On the upside though, I found a really nice property with Credential in Tooting - excellent customer service.

22.07.2014 13:04

Advantages

• "the best laptop available"

Disadvantages

• "very expensive"

fast and reliable,. THE best laptop available!

This is probably the best laptop that is available any where in the world and for good reason. The Macbook pro had a 13.3" screen and retina display. The graphics in this laptop are truly amazing, i have never known quality like it.

The Macbooks only downfall is its price. Depending where you buy your machine from these can cost anything up to £1300, which for the average Joe like me and you is a small fortune.

Although the price is huge, it is more than worth the money. For any gamers out there this will become your new best friend. The display on this machine when playing any game is out of this world, and make make all other laptops look cheap! It has 4 gb of ram too, which is more than enough to play any game online.

I personally love this lap top, it has a sleek and thin design allowing you take to take it anywhere and has a battery life of up to twelve hours, which is by far better than others. There have been apps made for this macbook too, to boost performance and user enjoyment. It even has a Facetime camera on the front of the device so you can chat with friends and family at home or on the move. I personally like to take this on the train with me. It is so easy to carry and is fairly light too.

Everything works well with this device, which is what you expect from an Apple product. If your looking to make the move to Mac, you should do it and never ever look back, this device is fantastic!

• Zara / Highstreet Shopping / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      22.07.2014 12:46

Advantages

• "Huge range "
      • "Great clothes"

Disadvantages

Loveeee Zara!

I only started shopping at Zara a couple of years ago, I don''''t know why but I think my perception was that the clothes are expensive and aimed at older people. However on my first visit I was so surprised at how wrong I had been.

There was a huge range of clothes and I wished I had more money because I saw so many things that were really nice quality and great styles. I would say the majority of clothes in Zara are very reasonably priced however they do have some pricier stuff which is actually worth paying that bit more for. I definitely think they have loads of stuff with a twist, so the leggings that everyone has will have taken on a twist that makes them so much cuter. They have lovely dresses and I think their summer clothes are really nice and perfect for summer.

Everything I have ever bought from Zara, be it clothes, shoes or accessories, has been really good quality and long lasting. I have never bought anything from Zara that I have regret or thought it could have been better and some of the prices are amazing. I do find that some of the basic things like plain t-shirts and vests are overpriced and to get these elsewhere, but most of the stuff in Zara I pick up and can''''t believe how inexpensive it is.

On another note they also do perfumes that are really lovely, their shoes are classic to quirky and some of the clothes are really one off pieces that make you feel great when you wear them. Love Zara!

• Johnson's Baby Shampoo / Hair Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.07.2014 12:37

Advantages

• "Lovely baby smell"

Disadvantages

Gorgeous smell and great shampoo.

This is going to sound a little strange but I actually use this on my dog when I bath her. I absolutely love the smell of this shampoo and it makes her coat so soft and shiny.

I actually came across using this for my pug years ago when I had ran out of shampoo for him (which was meant for dogs, the kind you buy in pet shops for ridiculous prices and they aren''''t really all that great). I had already wet him before realising I''''d run out and this was in our box full of bath stuff, and so I thought this is going to be the least irritable for him. I only applied a small amount which lathered up nicely, I then rinsed it off, repeating this once more and then making sure it was all out before taking him out and drying him. It left his coat lovely shiny and soft and he smelt beautiful. I had only used a small amount and the results were great.

Since then I have used Johnson''''s baby shampoo to bath my pug and my other dog and have never once had any problems. It''''s cheap but the results are great and so I think it''''s a top alternative to the overpriced dog shampoos you see everywhere else.

I have also used this shampoo on my own hair on returning from holidays when my scalp may be a little sore from being in the sun constantly and it''''s always worked great. Because it''''s seems to be a light formula I think it''''s great all round. I love this product and the smell makes me smile every time! :)

22.07.2014 12:23

Advantages

• "Cute and compact"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

High shimmer but low quality - unfortunately not for me!

It''''s very rare I stray from the products and brands I know, however I was looking to buy a multi use bronzer and I had figured that if I buy a cheap one I can''''t expect to be thrilled with the quality so I decided to do some research.

Having looked through the internet and countless reviews on all brands and types of bronzers I decided this is the one I wanted to try. For the price I definitely thought I will first try to find this Bobbi Brown shimmer brick compact online as that''''s usually where you find make up and beauty products for cheaper. I found a shop selling a new one on eBay for around £20 and so I decided to buy.

I was really looking forward to receiving the compact and it came quickly to which I was pleased. The little compact is really cute and the mirror is a nice size. There are 5 different colours in vertical stripes within this compact and I believe it comes in a couple of different colour combinations. I had the one in the picture to which the shades were nice and super shimmery. It''''s a nice idea because you can use the separate colours for different things such as eye shadows, highlighter and bronzer. I liked this compact upon use but for me I think it''''s just too shimmery. For a night out it is ideal but even then on pictures it''''s quite in your face and trying to blend literally gives you a glittery face. After having mine for a couple of months the individual blocks of colours started to fall out! I was so annoyed especially because I had hardly used it, I hadn''''t took it out very much at all and for something this expensive it shouldn''''t be falling apart.

Eventually I ended up throwing the compact away because it was crumbling and breaking everywhere. I don''''t know how the compact was handled before I received it, but it was sent well packaged and seemed fine. I would never buy this product again because it didn''''t work for me, but if your looking for a high shimmer compact then this could be for you.

• Apple iPhone 5C 64 GB / Smartphone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.07.2014 11:46

Advantages

• Powerfull
      • "Fancy and Fashionable"
      • Slik

Disadvantages

• "Slow Processors"

I say. Go. Go. Go. But this awesome Phone. i Love iphone 5c

When it comes to new gadgets, Apple has always taken the lead. This is not a company that revolves around producing high priced products, but rather they also have technologically sound devices delivered to the market. The best feature that you can find about the Apple iPhone is the fact that it is not only extremely good to look at, but also has the necessary features that is necessary for your daily life. Moreover, it contains of the latest materials and specifications that has been entrusted to ensure that you will be able to get the maximum out of a particular mobile phone. On an average, you find that there are millions of people making use of the iPhone, and always looking forward to the latest version. There are Apple fanatics that revolve the entire life around making use of gadgets from Apple. So, you do get to realize the amount importance of this particular company plays in the life of a lot of people. So, when you have the Apple iPhone, ensure that it is always in regards to the best.

RELEASE DATE:

The Apple iPhone 5C released in September 2013 to the United States and Europe. It was done so to ensure that the iPhone will be able to capture the market of those particular places before they could make an entry into many other countries.

DESIGN:

As for the design, it has the same candy bar design that Apple iPhones have become famous for. It is not to say that the design has become explicative, but rather sticking to the same design and enhancing it for the betterment of the people has to be the main point of the Apple iPhone. So, you can expect the same design in this new mobile.

DISPLAY:

As regards to the display that you can find in your Apple iPhone 5C, it has a 4 inch screen, with a healthy pixel ratio of 640 X1136. Moreover, you also get a pixel density of 326, which is definitely on the high-end for any multimedia work to be done within the mobile phone. Also, multi-touch facilities are present within the iPhone, and you also have LED backlit IPS LCD display, along with the capacity to touch screen and the support of 16 million colours. All of these can greatly enhance overall feasibility of the Apple iPhone to the general public.

CAMERA:

With the best camera features that you can find in the Apple iPhone 5C, you will definitely love becoming the proud owner of the phone. You get a primary eight megapixel camera, with a pixel ratio of 3264X2448 which is more than most of the cameras that you can find in the market. It also has the autofocus, LED flash, along with simultaneous HD video and image recording. Touch focus, along with your tagging and face detection are also some of the features that you can find within the mobile phone. It also has a secondary camera of 1.2 megapixels to ensure that video calling can be enabled within the mobile phone.

PROCESSOR:

The Apple iPhone 5C has the dual core 1.3 GHz Swift ARM v7- based CPU, which is one of the best Central processing unit that you can find in the market. Moreover, with a chipset of Apple A6, you definitely control of the enormous amount of potential of processing that this particular mobile phone has when compared to the other mobile phones. As for the multimedia work, you have the GPU that has triple core graphics, with PowerVR SGX 543MP3 chipset for its use.

SOFTWARE:

As regards the operating system in the new Apple iPhone 5C, you have the iOS 7 which can be later upgraded to the new iOS 8. The support of the latest operating system is only indicate that you will be able to get the best out of such software, and all your applications will be able to run without having to face any sort of problems.

PRICE:

As for the amount of money that you need to pay in order to purchase the mobile phone, it is in the tune of $ 737.99. This is the best thing that you can possibly do with your mobile phone.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.07.2014 11:05

Advantages

• "Buy just what you want: no need to buy peripherals you don't need"
      • "Reasonable prices"
      • "Excellent online tool for choosing components"
      • "Good build quality"

Disadvantages

• "You have to wait quite a few days for delivery (c. 10 in my case)"

Excellent purchase, would use again

The system is living up the expectations so far, and is a joy to use. Very pleased with my purchase.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown