• Canon Pixma MG3550 / All in one Printer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 22:17

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • "Quiet ish"
      • "Includes cartridges"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Image printing quality not the best"

Good Everyday Use Printer

We bought this all in one printer a few years ago to replace our not so all singing and all dancing previous printer. Compared to that, this one is an absolute dream, but that is not saying much to be honest.Even taking out the comparison, I have to say that this printer is a pretty good one and we have been generally pleased with it.

The good thing about it and the thing that initially drew us to it was the price. It cost us £45 and came with a set of ink cartridges (one black and one colour). We thought this was pretty good value and still is, in fact they currently have it on sale in Argos for less than forty pounds, which is really good. The cartridges themselves cost about thirty pounds for both the black and colour, so it was a good deal we thought.

The printer is quick as well - it prints in black at just under ten sheets per minute and in colour at around six sheets per minute. We also like the fact that it is fairly quiet when it is printing. Our old machine used to take an age to load the paper which this one doesn't thankfully.

The scanner part of the machine is very easy to use and the on screen instructions you get help you work through it simply and quickly. We don't use this function all that much, but it is handy to have and good to know that it is easy to use.

The image quality of printing is not the best, but for everyday use is fine. In fact overall, I would say that you can really go wrong with this printer for an everyday use machine. Recommended.

• Acer Aspire 5742Z / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 22:07

Advantages

• "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "None for me"

Nice and Simple Acer

I had this computer before my current one and I quite liked it really. I am a fan of the Acer Aspire brand because I know where everything is on them and I like the feel of them.

one of the things I liked most about this laptop was the keyboard which I found really easy to use and quite comfortable too. Being able to type comfortably for me is very important since I write a lot of reviews and this one didn't let me down in this respect.

It has lots of fancy functions and things, most of which are lost on me, but what I can tell you is that all of those fancy features make it a nice computer to use and they also make it nice and quick for doing every day things like browsing the internet and writing reviews etc.

It has a decent memory and although I don't ask it to do a lot, I was also being constantly told off by my husband for not looking after it in terms of cleaning the drives and memory (or whatever it is he is saying to me). Despite my apparent disregard for my laptop's health and well being, it lasted a good five years for me before it bit the dust, which I was impressed with and my husband was astounded by.

If you are looking for a nice simple laptop that does all the necessary things (and many more probably), for a decent price and is easy to use and quick, then i would definitely recommend this one to you.

04.09.2015 22:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Very effective!

I have had heartburn on and off for many years, and regularly dealt with it by using on branded antacid tablets, and it wasn't too much of a nuisance, but once I became pregnant, all that changed!

Throughout my pregnancy I suffered from terrible heartburn, I would dread bending over to tie my shoelace, and at night, I barely slept, terrible heartburn to the point of regurgitating. Eventually after going through boxes of rennies, I decided to give the doctor a call.

Gaviscon is probably the most expensive heartburn treatment on the market without prescription, and it wasn't something I could afford. So when the doctor told me I could have it prescribed while pregnant (and prescriptions while pregnant are free) I was very happy.

With a choice of peppermint or aniseed I took my prescription to the chemist and picked up my bottle, 500ml bottle. IT came with a small spoon, but the doctor suggested I just swig from the bottle as and when needed as it was bothering me so much, so I did!

And I slept like a baby.

Never as something worked so fast, and so effectively, I ordered another prescription so I could keep a bottle at work too, as the heartburn plagued me day and night.

Without getting the gaviscon I don't know if I'd have gotten any sleep through my pregnancy, it's pretty clear why it is so expensive, like most things, you really do get what you pay for!. Would recommend this for anyone with heartburn problems.

• Philips DTR230 / Set Top Box / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 21:56

Advantages

• "looks ok"

Disadvantages

• "deosn't record"
      • "rubbish remote"
      • slow

Too simple

We used to have a set top box that we loved and then it broke. We went through a million and one different ones in trying to replace it and had not much success. This was one of the ones that we tried and dismissed. It is cheap and cheerful and if simple is ok for you then this will be fine but it wasn't for us.

We picked it because it was cheap (at the time costing around thirty pounds). It is not so widely available now, but I have seen it online for about ten pounds, which is a brilliant price if you can find it, whatever its shortcomings.

It has all the standard and basic features - lots of Freeview channels (depending on your signal strength) and a seven day programme guide (also dependent on your signal strength) so it should be good, but it is just too basic for us.

The remote control is the most flimsy thing I have ever seen and is a pain to use for anyone who is remotely technophobic because the buttons are small and all the same as each other. The programme guide takes an age to load properly which is and age too long in this technologically advanced era we are in. You can't record anything on it, which was a must for us because we are never in when things that we want to watch are on.

On the plus side, it looks inoffensive - black and sleek and small. There isn't a lot to dislike about it in terms of looks.

The specifications if you are interested . . .

* 2 SCART SOCKETS
      * UP T0 50 TV CHANNELS
      * 7 DAY ELECTRONIC PROGRAM GUIDE
      * DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT
      * 2 LITHIUM METAL BATTERIES REQUIRED
      * FREEVIEW RECEIVER WITH REDUCED ENERGY CONSUMPTION

Overall, I can't recommend this one because it is just too cheap and simple for our needs, but I'm sure there is someone out there that would like the fact that it is so basic - especially for that price.

• Lady Gaga Fame Shower Gel / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 21:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Looks dirty but keeps you clean!

I got this shower gel as a part of a gift set with the perfume, but didn't use it for a long time.

I have eczema and I use very specific toiletries to make sure I don't get a break out of any kind, and have to take daily care of my very delicate skin.

Without realising, I have run out of my emollient show gel, and opened this up to use in an emergency. It is in a tall, slim, clear cuboid bottle with a gold screw on top, and the shower gel is completely black. It may be off putting to some, but it stays black while being applied to the skin, I found it very quirky and interesting!

It created a good lather, good enough to shave with, and had a gorgeous smell, exactly like the perfume! To my surprise it didn't sting my skin while I was using it, a reaction I have to a lot of highly perfumed toiletries, and it made my skin feel really nice after the shower.

I decided to use this shower gel before nights out or for a pampering session, as it left a lovely smell behind, a much better smell than my medicated gel!

You can buy the shower gel separate if you search for it on Amazon and Ebay, something which I may well do when I run out, as it is very rare that I can find toiletries that smell great, but are still kind enough to my skin!

04.09.2015 21:51

Advantages

• "You only need a small amount"
      • "Gentle on your skin"

Disadvantages

Eye and lip make up remover

I like Elizabeth Arden products and have always found them to be good quality and kind to my skin. I find that a proper make up remover like this one removes my make up quickly and easily. This 100ml bottle of make up remover lotion currently costs £14.50 but you can get it cheaper online.

This make up remover removes both eye and lip make up but I find that it removes everything including foundation and concealers. It has a dual action formula whilst still being gentle and it conditions your skin as well as cleansing. The bottle is clear plastic so you can clearly see how much liquid is left and it displays the usual ingredients, contact details and instructions for use.

To use I will tip the bottle onto a cleansing pad or ball of cotton wool and then wipe it gently over my eye area. I find that I don't have to apply much pressure as the liquid seems to do the work removing my make up including liquid eye liner and waterproof mascara. I find that I only have to use a small amount and it seems to spread out so it really is good value and also it doesn't leave any smudges or little bits of mascara like some others I have used. It does have an oily feel when you apply it and I find that I need to wipe it off completely otherwise it can leave an oily film on my skin but you only need to wipe the area with a clean part of the pad or cotton wool and it comes off easily. It is fragrance free and is suitable for sensitive skin and I have always found it to be very gentle leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth.

I do really like this eye make up remover and will always buy one when I have a voucher even if I have one on the go as it lasts a long time and it does a very good job of removing my make up leaving my skin feeling clean and fresh. When I use this product I never find any traces of make up on my pillow in the morning or underneath my eyes, so this is definitely recommended by me and well deserves five stars

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX10 / Digital Camera / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 21:46

Advantages

• "Produces good clear photographs"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

Good clear photographs and easy to use

As I am not very technically minded I like a camera which is easy to use with not too many different functions so when I saw my friend using her Panasonic Lumix on holiday and saw how simple it was to use I decided to treat myself to one. I bought this Panasonic camera from Ebay and paid just £20 but you can get them new for around £60 now both online and in some stores.

It has a small 2.7 inch screen which I find is plenty big enough for my needs and it has a 5.0 optical zoom so you can get quite close up to your subject. It has an automatic flash so you don't have to keep switching the flash on and off, and missing out on your perfect photo as you are doing it. As you are about to take a photo you just press the button very softly and the camera automatically focuses on your subject, then when you are happy with the image you press the button down properly and it takes the photo.

This camera does have an editing function whereby you can add accessories and such like onto your pics and you could also delete any parts you didn't like, however this is something I haven't done and probably won't, but it is a good feature if you like doing this. The zoom button is on the top of the camera and you just press this until you are close enough to your subject which is a feature I use.

The battery is replaceable but I haven't yet had to do this and I have had the camera now for about eighteen months, and it is easy to charge up just by plugging it in. I find that I only have to charge it up about every ten uses, but if I was going to take a lot of photos I would give it an extra charge beforehand.

I have been very pleased with the photographs I have taken with this camera as they always seem to be very good quality. I have printed some of them myself at home and had some printed in Boots and they seem to be very sharp and clear. I do recommend this camera as a good quality easy to use camera which produces good results and would be suitable for any ages and also someone who is looking for their first digital camera.

• Samsung EP-370 / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.09.2015 21:45

Advantages

• Comfortable
      • "Good sound"
      • "Long cord"

Disadvantages

• "not widely available"

Good In Ear Eraphones

These are the headphones that came with my Samsung phone and I have never had any problems with them. They are in ear bud type headphones which are the kind that I prefer to be honest. I find this style of headphone much more comfortable to wear and I really can't understand the fashion for big over the head style headphones that do nothing for me other than make my ears feel all hot and sweaty and make my hair flat.

So I like the fact that these are in ear bud type headphones and I also like the fact that they fit nicely. One of the problems with this type of headphone is that they are hard to get a comfortable fit because they have to be generic size. This doesn't seem to be a problem with these because I find that they are a nice snug fit and they don't fall out all the time.

I also like the fact that they have a decent 1.2m length cord which is less restrictive than some and is particularly good for when I am on holiday and I want to hide my phone under my sun bed to keep it in the shade whilst using it. The cord length offers a good amount of flexibility.

The earphones are available in both black and white, although I have the white ones and I quite like them actually.

The earphones are unfortunately not very widely available anymore, but a quick search online tells me that you can get them for around the £12. I think this is pretty good value for money actually because they offer a comfortable fit and a good sound - you don't get that tinny sound that you can get with some cheap ones. Recommended.

04.09.2015 21:20

Advantages

• "Lots of lather"
      • "Lovely citrus smell"

Zingy shower gel

I bought this Original Tea Tree and Lemon shower gel from my local poundstore which is a good price as this is half price. I find that I only need to squeeze about a ten pence piece size out onto my sponge and this is enough for my whole body. I will rub it into the sponge for a few seconds and it does lather up very quickly and produces a lot of bubbly lather. Unlike some other shower gels the bubbles seem to increase as I am washing rather than disappearing.

The smell of this shower gel is delicious. The smell of zesty lemon is really apparent and I find that I can smell it on my skin for hours after using it and my skin does feel soft and hydrated. They also do shower gels in other fragrances including orange and lemon and they are all suitable for men and women.

I do suffer from dry skin on my legs and often find myself scratching when I am sitting watching television, but I don't do this if I have had a shower when I get home from work and use this shower gel as it does leave my skin feeling very moisturised and hydrated. I do feel that I am looking after my skin by using this product as I am not using any chemicals or unnatural ingredients.

I recommend this shower gel as it is rich and creamy and leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling lovely for a long time after using it, but it is a natural smell rather than a perfume smell which I love. It is ideal to use every day as it is kind to your skin and I am happy to recommend it and to continue to use it.

• Apple iPhone 6 64 GB / Smartphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 20:49

Advantages

• "Apple pay"
      • "The App Store"
      • "Camera quality is good"
      • "Fingerprint unlock is very convenient"
      • Durable
      • "Sleek look"
      • "The operating system is great"

Disadvantages

• "As always with Apple- it doesn't age well as the newer operating systems come out"
      • "Occasional glitches"
      • "Quite large"

I wouldn't have bought any other phone.

Fair warning: I've always been a bit of an iPhone freak.
      Since late 2007 when I got my first ever iPhone, I've been what you could happily class as an 'Apple addict'.

The iPhone 6 is easily the best iPhone I've owned to date. The picture quality is excellent, the style is smoother and sleeker than ever and it can do more quicker than ever.

The fingerprint unlock technology, to not only open the phone screen up, but also to buy things from the app store is really convenient for quick purchases on the go.

The layout and operating system is modern and competitive but simplistic enough that my two Grandmothers actually own one each and use them to their full potential.

You can tell that the origin of the iPhone was the iPod because they never lose that fantastic link to the Apple Music Store and your iTunes library is easy to organise.
      I spend a lot of time in the car, and as such need to be able to access my music quickly on the go, as is such, I often flit between the Spotify and Music app.
      The Music app recently got a lot better too, with the option to search for genres you might be interested and play samples of the songs before buying.

Another huge bonus for me is FaceTime- I have often communicated with family members who live in countries abroad and as long as you have a strong WiFi or 4G connection you have a completely seamless service.

One of the reasons I think I'm so keen and can appreciate the newer features of the iPhone 6 is because I've had a lot of the other variations and I can appreciate that they do get better every time they come out, but I've also held competitors phones such as HTC and even... *shudder* an Alcatel.

The two downsides for me- first of all, obviously the price, but this is Apple we're talking about, they've never done things on the cheap and you get what you pay for.

Secondly, it's just too big for me. I had the 5c previously and I loved the feel, it was lightweight and my thumb could reach the top left hand side of the screen, with this version unfortunately there's no chance of that, it is just too big for my hand!
      I don't even have small hands! However, I suppose this is the price you pay for the larger screen so, you win some, you lose some.

All in all, I'd say, if you can afford one, for it!

• Johnson's Baby Shampoo / Hair Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 20:38

Advantages

• Mild
      • "Smells great"

Disadvantages

A baby essential in my house

Over the past 6 years our bathroom has never been without a bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo. We have used some alternative Johnson's and non-Johnson's shampoos alongside it but this one is probably the most used.

The shampoo is highly recognisable. It is a rich golden colour and comes in a transparent bottle with a tear shaped yellow label. It can be purchased in different size bottles but we tend to buy the 300ml bottle. This costs between £1.20 and £1.50 depending on where you shop but you can often find multi buy offers on Johnson's products allowing you to stock up for less.

The shampoo itself is fairly runny and you need only a small amount for a baby or toddler to produce a good lather. As my daughters hair is longer now I find I need a good dollop more for her than for my boys.

The shampoo leaves hair shiny and clean and the unmistakable fragrance lingers until the following day. This is the main reason I use this shampoo over the top to toe wash. I love the smell it leaves on their hair.

The no more tears formula claims to be gentle for newborns and as mild to the eyes as pure water. Well my babies have cried if it gets in their eyes but no more so than if water is splashed in their face.

The shampoo is soap and paraban free and is clinically proven hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested. It certainly has never irritated my children but they do not have particularly sensitive skin or scalps.

When I have run out of my own shampoo I have used this myself. On my longer, thicker, dryer hair I haven't been overly pleased with the results. It feels too mild for me. However I would highly recommend it for babies and young children.

04.09.2015 19:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum

The DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum is available for GBP 36.50.

The Eau de Parfum is described as follows. "DKNY Be Delicious Women is a fresh, sophisticated fragrance from the heart of New York City. Be Delicious opens with crisp and edgy top notes including American Apple, crisp Green Cucumber and sparkling Grapefruit. The middle notes are sweet and sinful with Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose and Violet. In the base, Sandalwood and White Amber round out the scent with an innocent and sexy appeal."

A crisp top notes of grapefruit, cucumber and Magnolia encounters a juicy-sweet heart notes of apple, lily of the valley, rose, tuberose and violet, framed by base notes of woods and white amber. A scent of smells extremely fresh, green and fruity. A fragrance that reflects the fast pace of New York's success grace and dynamism symbolizes. The freshness of this fragrance would almost a unisex fragrance meet, if not quite an easy chords of exotic flowers would give a very fine feminine undertone. This combination of tangy apple, citrus fruits, flowers and woody accents gives a whole new, very modern fragrance composition that is so far in this form a novelty! This fragrance is both easier than to describe other scents, as the apple shisha is very dominant, the other hand also a lot harder. If one were to be limited to terse description of an apple, you would do this scent very wrong. The fragrance is very fresh and light, it has a slightly woody, bitter note, which he directly acting sexy and wicked again. I too have had the experience that the scent evaporates relatively easily, and I might need to spray again at noon. However one takes the scent true to himself. The scent is very light and not very intrusive, so you can use it any time of day and occasion.

• Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil / Weleda / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 18:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil

The Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil is available for GBP 19.95.

The body oil comes in a dark glass bottle with a white cap. On the bottle are the product name and additional product information. The bottle contains 100 ml.

The body oil is described as follows. "Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil contains biodynamic Sea Buckthorn Oil, rich in essential fatty acids, Provitamin A and Vitamin E to intensively nourish and protect the skin especially weakened by environmental conditions such as wind, cold or extended exposure to the sun. This easy to apply light oil leaves skin feeling soft and supple."

The ingredients are Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral and Farnesol.

The body oil can be used on body and face and is essential for a dry skin. The body oil can be applied well and absorbs within a short time after applying. The body oil does not leave a greasy film on the skin. The body oil moisturizes the skin and the skin feels soft and cared for after use. The body oil leaves a gentle and smooth feeling on the skin.

The body oil has an intensive fruity scent. The scent can be noticed after use.

I can recommend the Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil, as it has a moisturising effect and leaves a soft feeling on the skin. The skin seems to be cared for and the fresh scent can be noticed after use.

04.09.2015 18:43

Advantages

• " anti-bacterial; energy-boosting; can help fight candida"
      • anti-viral

Disadvantages

• "Can cause loose motions initially"

An amazing product that can help with a variety of ailments

COST AND WHERE TO BUY
      It's £16.99 for a 60ml bottle, and I got mine from The Finchley Clinic online. You can also get it off Amazon (but with medicinal things, I only buy from there if I can be sure the supplier is above board).

WHY I STARTED TAKING AEROBIC OXYGEN
      By way of background, I was ill for 4 years with recurrent viruses and infections which were taking ever-longer to recover from. There were days when I couldn't get up the stairs and I was eventually diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME.

During this time, I tried numerous supplements (all of which claim to be 'miracle' cures). I was becoming increasingly frustrated and depressed with recurrent ear and throat flare-ups and very low energy. And, deep down, I suspected that while I certainly had post viral fatigue, the CFS diagnosis was something of a cop-out by doctors who simply couldn't provide a proper diagnosis or remedy.

Cut to three months ago when I was actually searching for something that might help reduce a thyroid nodule (yes, I know, it sounds like I'm falling apart doesn't it!) and I came across aerobic (or liquid) oxygen. As I started reading up on it, it became clear that this isn't just a faddy product but something essential to the body. You need oxygen to survive and it's said that nothing bad can survive in an oxygen-rich environment (including bacteria and viruses - even early cancer cells). However, unlike antibiotics, oxygen doesn't kill off the good bacteria in our bodies. So, I thought it worth a go . . .

THE PACKAGING
      There are different brands of aerobic oxygen but this is the original product and it's been around for about 30 years. There's not much to the bottle - it's a small plastic thing (you can see it well in the photo). It contains 60ml of product - you think it won't last long because the bottle is small but it does - I'd say it lasts about a month.

HOW TO TAKE
      You're directed to take 20 drops 3 times a day, half hour before food or two hours after food. To be honest, I don't usually take it three times a day (simply because that two hours after food may not always give me a clear window. I like to graze!) Start slow, because it can cause looser motions - so if this happens, just cut back a bit until your body adapts. Also, be sure not to take it at the same time as Vitamin C, as they cancel each other out.

TYPES OF COMPLAINTS AEROBIC OXYGEN CAN HELP WITH
      While it's probably not limited to the following, there's lots of evidence that it can help with the complaints listed below:

Candida / yeast infections
      Poor circulation
      Headaches
      Joint pain

DOES IT WORK?
      I have to say yes. So far (and I never like to tempt fate), I feel better than I've felt in years. There have been times when I've felt like I'm coming down with something again but it just seems to have fizzled out. I have more energy - I won't say I'm full of energy; but compared to how I was, I seem to have more stamina and I'm thinking more clearly again. My husband also takes this and says he's noticed a benefit too. Again, he's felt the beginnings of a colds but they've failed to take a proper hold. As with all these things, it takes time to see if they are worth it for long-term use. However, I'd say that this is one of the few 'supplements' that absolutely cannot harm but can do a lot of good. I would highly recommend it if you are suffering from a condition that you can't seem to get a grip on - after all, oxygen is a fundamental building block of human life so it's got to be worth a punt!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 18:22

Advantages

• "very good"

Disadvantages

Very good service.

brilliant A ++++

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown