• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.09.2016 16:27

Advantages

• "Cheaper than the rest"

Disadvantages

I would HIGHLY recommend using this service

I could not be happier. The communication was fantastic from my initial order through to delivery.

25.09.2016 08:55

Advantages

• "Got exactly what I paid for"
      • " testing and delivery on time"
      • Building
      • "Communication was clear and fast"
      • "Ordering was easy"

Disadvantages

• " I was not advised that the facility is not available outside UK."
      • "When I upgraded warranty to silver for extended collect and return"

Fabulous gaming desktop at great price

When I came to PC Specialist, I was looking to buy the best available gaming desktop and expected to pay top price for it. However, after perusing the forums, I received great advice on what I required, and ended up paying much less than my original quote. PCS has a great array of pre-defined systems, each addressing a certain level of need, from frugal to top spec. These systems, when bought as they are, carry a big discount, making the price very attractive.
      I bought the Define X1, and my expectations have been surpassed: this is a fabulous gaming desktop, benchmarking at the very top of its range. Couldn't be happier than I am right now with my selection, and the overall purchase process.

25.09.2016 08:40

Advantages

• "Helpful staff"
      • "Order tracking"
      • "Choosing components"

Disadvantages

• "Order got delayed"

Very good service

I really likes the service I received, the ability to choose my own components was a big plus. However because if when I ordered my order was delayed due to lots of other students ordering too. I contacted pcspecialist and received a helpful reply that day

24.09.2016 22:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Happy with service

Solid final product.

• Lenovo G710 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.09.2016 20:30

Advantages

• "1tb storage sets you worry free for handling larger amounts of data"
      • "720 hd quality webcam integrated"
      • "A single key is enough to restore your system from all viruses and maliscious sfotwares"
      • "battery saving extends the durables more than you can imagine"
      • "superspeed data transfer. Puts the mind on blow"
      • "comfortable experience with accutype keyboard"
      • "multitouch pad optimized for windows 8 features"
      • "blueray combo disk"
      • "highly qualified multimedia features"
      • "16:9 widescreen"

Disadvantages

• "battery goes down after few months"
      • "windows upgrade is not a choice at all. "
      • "mouse behaviour disturbing"
      • "if upgraded to 8.1 many errors will occur"
      • "mcafe 30 day trial only"

Very moderate and anyone can have it to enjoy remarkable media and gaming experience

As nothing is perfect in this world. With few backlashes this laptop is very good for gaming purposes. If you are not interested in upgrades it is going to be a very good companion for long time. Battery itself saving service helps a lot but battery goes down after few months. You can manage to extend battery life to more than a year if taking care of it according to the instructions given on brochure.
      With 8 gb of ram and good graphics compatibility games and heavy work loads do not disturb the machine and works smoothly. No system jams happen in the beginning.

24.09.2016 20:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Full time job"

Not worth the trouble

Do not consider being an Avon representative if you already have a full time job as being a representative is now a full time job. Before you can become 'visible' on their website, you need to have had at 3 campaigns where your sales have been at least £174.00. To achieve this you need to spend hours delivering and collecting brochures and orders, then hours again delivering orders (having to return if no one is at home on your first delivery attempt).

• Gilbert Zenon Rugby Training Ball / Ball Sport / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.09.2016 11:32

Advantages

• "Good ball"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Middle class prices

I’m not a huge rugby fan but have warmed to it in recent years as it’s become less classed based and more professional and exciting to watch. My team is the Northampton Saints and we are very successful with a decent 13,000 capacity bespoke stadium and top players. We are not quite up and running yet as far as the season goes but we will pick off the minnows and top four by the end of the season. It’s not cheap to watch the Saints and around £40 for a Premiership game, compared to £20 for Twenty20 Friday night cricket at Wantage Road and £17 at the Cobblers.

Rugby is not as middle-class as you think and the game original designed so men of all shapes and sizes (and lately women) could play the game, the quick lads on the wings, the stocky boys the ball-handlers and the big ugly lumps in the pack, the latter there for the beer but still an important part of the game. The ball, of course, is designed to compliment this, oval shaped and slippery when wet. It wobbles along the ground like a hooker after 10 pints. The shape makes it quite clear this is game for hands not feet although I quite fancy myself as a kicker and banged a few over at school. Today, of course, they teach you to point the ball on apiece of plastic and unnaturally point the ball away from the toe on the place kick. It looks horrible on TV and you do wonder how those guys kick the ball that way. I stick it slightly leaning back and smack them as far as they do. I think its just to get the makers name on camera, Gilbert the biggest name in rugby balls, of course.

The Gilbert ball is the official World Cup ball and you can buy a match ball in specialized sports shops. The top range of Gilbert ball they use in the Four Nations can be over £100. But I would not spend that on a ball we muck around with and play touch rugby with like my particular ball. This model retails at around £65 and the sort of grade you would use in club rugby or at schools. I got mine free doing a job for my local paper on a promotion in the summer and would probably not pay for full price if I had to. You get a pump and valve free with it, of course, when you buy it in the store. The guarantee is a years worth and one to keep as the stitching can wear on these if the ball is a faulty one off the line in Dhaka. Gilbert markets themselves as this 140-year-old company that dates back to the original Rugby School in the Midlands where the game began but I’m guessing the training balls are made in a South East Asian sweatshop by kids.

It’s a great ball and apparently they are all slightly different and unique to touch and feel when you use them. I can still slam a 40-yeard goal kick as my party trick at my age and they are easy to handle and spin pass. They have a slight rough to them to help grip and apply rotation for control and not too slippery when wet compared to other balls. I haven’t played team rugby since school and smelling another mans farts or armpits never really appealed so can’t really compare it to other balls as we had those cheap orange things at school in the 1970s and 80s. I can’t think of any other top rugby ball makes and so these top dogs. For a young fresh faced middle-class schoolboy this would make a cracking Christmas or Birthday present.

So on the whole this mid range Gilbert ball is ideal for taking to the beach or the park and playing touch rugby with your mates. It has good bounce and some give on handling. If you over - inflate any ball it doesn’t do it much good and doesn’t play naturally. If it ‘pings’ on a bounce let a bit of air out. It is pricey and there is range of generic or kid sized ones that are under a tenner in Sports Direct if you don’t want to spend. But as rugby is quite middle-class your mates will expect a brand ball to be seen with.

23.09.2016 13:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great service - fast and reliable.

Ordered a PC from these guys and it arrived as advertised - good build and very fast..!

23.09.2016 11:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Satisfied with the notebook but it doesn't fit in the bag ordered with it.

Very happy with the notebook so far. Once the building process started, everything went rather quickly and transparent with the online overview. Fast Shipping.

BUT the notebook doesn't even fit (can't zip it) in the bag I ordered with it for 50eur. I would advise to purchase accessories separately in a store to make sure they fit.

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      23.09.2016 09:24

Advantages

• Knowledgeable
      • "Excellent Customer Service"
      • Dedicated
      • Friendly

10/10 Truly excellent customer service from Chloe Andrews and eBuyer

I had placed an order for a couple of Promethean ActivPens to replace ones that had been lost here at a school. eBuyer had them in stock for the right price, so I popped an order in for next day delivery. Unfortunately they weren't dispatched on time or delivered on the expected date (Fri 16th Sept 2016). On the following Monday I placed a call to eBuyer customer support and was connected to Chloe. Chloe is a true example of excellent customer service. She was polite, helpful, intelligent, professional and truly concerned about dealing with the problem. She chased up the problem, sent me a helpful email to explain what the problem was (Item was at an auxiliary warehouse and they had had problems dispatching it), ensured the item was shipped out immediately afterwards, issued a refund on delivery charges and even took the time to follow up the case and check the item had been delivered on the following day!

I deal with various suppliers and service industries on a daily basis and it is truly refreshing and pleasantly surprising to see such dedication to customers from a company.

23.09.2016 08:04

Advantages

• "Great customer care"
      • "Excellent service"
      • "Made to suit my requirements"

Disadvantages

I would ask for a tailored laptop again rather than buy off the shelf.

I bought this laptop for my son to suit his specific use. I know it's going to be perfect for him and will be just right for him for many years.

Customer support and updates on progress have been super.

22.09.2016 23:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "The fact the company exists is a disadvantage "

If you want to waste your time please contact Dunelm

Carl, Jamie & Dean, the 3 musketeers running this circus act of a company.
      I was informed 24 hours prior to the expected delivery date that my 3 times of furniture wont be arriving, I was given no valid explanation as to why this delay had occurred. I was then informed I would receive a phone call 48 hours later to confirm a new delivery date. Of course, 48 hours had gone by with no phone call, I had to make every effort to contact them constantly throughout the process being passed on to different members of their customer service team who were all unable to provide me with a reasonable explanation as to why my furniture hadn't arrived. Almost 2 weeks had passed with no furniture being delivered, I had ultimately decided to request a refund and purchase else where.

No communication and no end result, horrible company to buy from, I'd strongly advise look elsewhere!

22.09.2016 20:37

Advantages

• "Personal build of great quality"

Disadvantages

Would happily use again

Great product and solid build. Good customer service. Would use again

22.09.2016 16:01

Advantages

• "Great temperature control"
      • "Good Battery"
      • "Great Speed"
      • "Beautiful Looks"
      • "Great informative service"
      • "Extremely Powerfull"
      • "Amazing value"
      • "Fast service"
      • "High quality"

Disadvantages

• "No Internal Disk Drive"
      • "Small problem with "Nvidia Share""

Amazing Laptop for an Amazing Price with Amazing Service.

Ordered my Proteus III 15.6" Laptop on the 27-8-2016 and it arrived on the 14-9-16 which is amazing when it is being hand built, configured, tested and shipped to another country. I had spent months searching for the perfect laptop that would be able to render simulations in real time for college (and play games). The Proteus I configured was more than capable of doing this and the one i recieved exceded my expectations ten fold. I ordered the laptop to this configuration:

Chassis & Display Proteus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
      Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 6700HQ (2.6GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo)
      Memory (RAM) 16GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
      Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M - 6.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12
      Memory - Hard Disk 1TB WD SLIM BLUE 2.5" WD10SPCX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (5400 rpm)
      External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x Samsung Slim USB 2.0 External DVD-RW
      Memory Card Reader Integrated 4 in 1 Card Reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC)
      Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
      Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
      Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-8260 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) + BLUETOOTH
      USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
      Battery Proteus Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200mAh)
      Keyboard Language PROTEUS SERIES 15.6" BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
      Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
      DVD Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve
      Anti-Virus BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
      Webcam INTEGRATED 720P 30 FPS HD WEBCAM
      Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
      Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days

This is exactly what I recieved except it took longer then stated to build but i didn't think it would be possible to stick to that date and it took 11 days to build instead which was better than I had anticipated. If I was to buy another laptop I would definitly buy from PCSpecialist again and would recommend others go there too. The total cost of my laptop was 1,338 euros and was well worth it. I looked around on other websites and for the same laptop i was looking at around 3,000 - 4,000 euros so that is a huge price gap for what is definatly better service. I am one very satisfied buyer.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      22.09.2016 14:19

Advantages

• "Great build quality"
      • "Ability to not have OS installed"
      • "Good choice of customization"

Disadvantages

• "Website not mobile friendly"

Great laptop, great service, very much recommended.

Was looking on Amazon for a new laptop and found the 13.3" Lafité II. Liked the look of it but had not heard of PCSpecialist before, so went to the website to check them out. On the website - which my only gripe with was that it was not particularly mobile friendly - I saw that I could get myself a custom built rig for a rather decent price so having read a few reviews, which were very positive, I decided to go for it.

The customisation section was great with helpful popups explaining the options available. I really liked the fact that I could opt-out from having to purchase a Windows licence and save myself some extra money as whatever laptop I was going to buy, PCSpecialist or not, was getting Arch Linux put on it.

After configuring and making payment I had a look into the order status and there was a flow chart explaining each stage of the build process with estimated time scales attached which was nice to see as you could guestimate how long it was likely for the laptop to be built and dispatched. At each stage of the process I was emailed to tell me that the laptop had begun it's next stage and the order details even told me who was responsible for signing off the previous stage - a nice reassuring touch.

Once dispatched, via DPD, I had an estimated delivery date. As it happens it turned up a day after that date (I guess living in the Highlands has it's disadvantages).

The laptop itself is great. It has a nice solid feel, the keyboard is good (in relative laptop terms), and the screen is very nice. Overall a nice solid laptop at a great price!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown