• Maybelline Great Lash Mascara / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.12.2014 19:58

Advantages

• Inexpensive

Disadvantages

• "Not very thickening"

Average

I think this mascara is good, especially for such a low price. The bottle does last a very long time and the mascara itself is long wearing. However, I find this mascara sometimes flakes on my face when I am applying it or when I touch it throughout the day. This mascara isn't that pigmented so it isn't that bold which is good for everyday use but it wouldn't be ideal for anyone that likes wearing dramatic eye make up. Also there is a good range of colours with this mascara. The brush is quite average but I find it does not fully coat my eyelashes and it does clump a bit. I find that this mascara doesn't really hold the curl in my eyelashes, making my eyelashes look less long and voluminous than they could be. It is easy to remove at night so you don't have to scrub at your eyes. I like the colour of the packaging because it is bright which makes it easy to find in my make up bag. But the packaging is not very good quality since the thing that said the name of the mascara came off in my make up bag. Overall this mascara is good for the price but there are definitely better mascaras out there (such as Benefit They're Real and Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume). I would not recommend this mascara since there are mascaras out there that are this price range and are of a better quality.

• The Hangover - Parts I and II (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.12.2014 19:52

Advantages

• Hilarious!

Disadvantages

Incredibly funny films!

The Hangover is a brilliant comedy, this product contains both The Hangover (the first one) and The Hangover II (the second one), brought out in 2009 and 2011 respectively.

Hangover 1 : The film tells a story of how 4 men go to LA for a stag due, they wake up after a night out and forget everything that happened, the main plot of the story is finding out what happened the night before, and where their missing friend is, who happens to be the groom to be.

Hangover 2: Ironically follows a similar story line, they go to Thailand for one of the 4's wedding, once again they go out on a stag due, and manage to lose the bride to be's brother. They try to find her brother, despite being told that 'Bangkok has him now'.

The films are brilliantly done, and ones where you can laugh all the way through, a great movie to watch with friends and share the experience together. Zach Galifianakis plays Alan, one of the 4, who grows on them as time goes on, at first he's seen as weird, annoying and in the way. In the end, he becomes 'part of a wolfpack' as he likes to put it, so much so that he's invited on the trip over to Thailand in number 2 for the wedding. Zach's role really makes this film, Alan as a character is hilarious, and Zach plays him to perfection.

Would definitely recommend buying this as both films are great!

5/5!

• Lush Ma Bar Bubble Bar / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.12.2014 19:24

Advantages

• "Smells good enough to eat!"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive for what it is"

Smells great and leaves skin feeling soft!

Ma Bar bubble bar from Lush is basically solid bubble bath. It smells good enough to eat too! The scent is to die for. The bar is toffee scented and smells just like a chocolate bar. There's a sugar cube in the middle and the bar itself is coloured cream and chocolate brown. The bar is easy to use. You simply crumble it up under your running water tap making sure it's the hot water tap as warm water helps the bar to froth up. You can use half of the bar for a standard bubble bath or as an extra treat you can use the whole bar in one go. Using the whole bar is great, there's bubbles everywhere! Perfect after a hard day at work!

After using this bubble bar my skin feels incredibly soft and moisturised. I have quite dry and sensitive skin and this bar doesn't irritate my skin in any way. It actually feels really soothing and I don't need to use body lotion after my bath as my skin is already soft enough. The bubbles last long enough for a good twenty minute bath, although they tend to fizzle out once I start topping up the water. Luckily the bar doesn't leave any residue around your bath after use. Any sign on the bar (any leftover bar that hasn't dissolved) simply washes away without any trouble.

You can also use this bar in a foot spa! I've used a quarter of the bar before to soak my feet and the bar left my feet feeling wonderful! Some of my hard skin disappeared completely and my feet smelt great afterwards too! Also, if you happen to get some of the bar into your eyes it doesn't sting, which is always a bonus!

I would recommend this bar. It's not been tested on animals and unlike liquid bubble bath it doesn't require any packaging so it's very economical too!

• Toshiba 32W2433DB / LCD TV / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      28.12.2014 19:19

Advantages

• "Freeview HD"
      • "Great value on Amazon"
      • "Great HD picture"

Disadvantages

• "Internet very basic"
      • "Sound a little tinny"

This is how to watch movies!

Smartphone, smart banking, smart TV…? If you don’t have internet on your gadgets you feel a little bit left out these days, even though they may not need WIFI, certainly the case with TV.
      After my old TV flatlined and the dreaded white line wouldn’t go away it was time to hit Amazon and upgrade. I had earned around £150 bucks on valued opinions from those tedious surveys (you really should try that site as I made £400 alone this year on it with a couple of accounts) and so felt now was the time to get a flash new telly. The slightly older smart TV prices are coming down FAST like the oil price due to the latest tech hitting the market at Christmas and so I finally decided on this Toshiba smart, reduced from £300 down to £200. It’s full HD, LED 32 inch and internet ready. It’s not that old either so maybe time for you guys to check out the sales if you are also ready to make the jump.

It’s a comfortable sized at 32 inches for smaller rooms and so not too brash and big. It’s a lot lighter than the old style goggleboxes too, barely 10kg and as slim as Posh Spice on a diet. Trying to remove an old TV from your house is like being a gangster dragging a dead body to the car boot.

It’s full High Definition (the top end 1080 progressive scan) and has HD Freeview installed alongside a built in wireless connection. It’s LED and has USB, HDMI and computer connectors on the back. It also has one SCART plug, critical to connect your older devices, one reason I chose this TV. Most peoples DVD players and settop boxes are older and usually have SCART connections only so something to think about. HDMI-SCART converters are around 15 quid each. One SCART plug allows you to link up all of your older devices on the one chain. The TV offers seven different connection options at one with channels assigned for each.

The picture is amazing and far better than I had hoped for. Modern animated films look incredible on these things. The Freeview (has Saorview for Ireland) has between 7 and 10 HD channels available including all the main terrestrial ones and well over 100 regular ones. Film4 isn’t HD as you have to pay for that service these days although you do get the extremely useful Plus One service. It’s probably worth it as movies look great on this. Skyfall was my first big test of the HD image and you could see every line on Judy Dench’s face. The color is also significantly improved and there are various settings for vision like, Cinema Sports and Games…

The sound is not so clever and the only thing that feels cheap on the TV. It’s a little bit tinny and even though there are also options for the sound it still feels rather FM than stereo bass, like one of those cheaper Walkmans back in the day. But for £200 quid I can’t complain too much. I think it’s probably because the speakers are low down and don’t get to breath and thump their chest the way your Hi-Fi ones do.

The WIFI internet connection was also a little temperamental at first as you can easily disconnect it if you press the wrong button. Its also fiddly to tap your password in with the remote control as you have to look at both the screen keyboard to type with the up and down arrows on the remote and cant see the other buttons on the remote next to the arrows and so hit the wrong button and so you have to start again. Unless you have a mouse wired up it takes forever. You can connect your PC to the TV by a wired connection to make things easier but for me a TV is not ideal for the internet.

Toshiba provides its own internet portal service to connect and it offers basic apps like the BBC Iplayer and YouTube on the front page and then Yahoo and Google browsers for normal internet stuff alongside wiki and Amazon apps. That also takes forever with the remote. I would say the internet’s only real use on a TV is to watch Iplayers and pay-per-view and catch up and demand TV services like Blinkbox and Netflix, which are already there and ready to go if you are a subscriber. It buffers IPlayer quite well but if your family is all online it’s quite slow. The internet stuff feels perfunctory here and the money definitely been spent on the picture. But hey, it’s a TV, right? You don’t appear to be able to download new apps on the TV, another downer. But, again, TV is not the place for internet for me. You can download your own photos and videos though as the TV has an option for that. If you are a little bit naughty you can obviously type in URLS on smart TVs for illegal pirated channels and watch live Premier League footy or test cricket for free. That is one of the more nefarious benefits of digital smart TV. Everybody watches something they shouldn’t and there is little the industry can do about it. But if you do then make sure your virus protection package covers the TV.

The remote is light and takes 2Xaaa BATTERIES (provided) and simple to use. Not too many complex buttons and very much a suck it and see job. It’s a universal Toshiba remote by the looks as it has built in DVD buttons at the bottom which I presume are for the models with the built in DVD player. My only issue with it is that important ‘Exit’ and ‘Back’ buttons are too near the directional arrows used to navigate the screen and channels.

The TV looks great and the picture is very impressive. The non HD stuff looks better than I had ever hoped. On Blue Ray it looks awesome. It’s a decent sized screen to give you the movie experience and apart from a little bit of crackle and fuzz during Marvel Avengers Assembly on Boxing Day during the biggest explosions (when the Hulk came on) there have been no problems before and after. You are always wary of big discounts on Amazon as the tech and model may have issues. Hopefully, though, I have a cracking deal here and hours and hours of great HD TV to come!

Assembly - Easy
      Vision – Excellent
      Sound – OK
      Remote – Light and not too confusing.
      Internet – OK
      Connectivity – Excellent
      Screen glare – Reduced

• Lavender (Flowers) / Plant / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.12.2014 19:01

Advantages

• "Smells amazing "
      • "Easy to grow "
      • "Beautiful flowers "

Disadvantages

One of the easiest and best smelling plants to grow

I absolutely love fresh lavender and have lavender plants in my garden and also in a few small pots in the house.

Not only do they look beautiful when they flower but the smell is absolutely gorgeous and I love brushing past the plants and rubbing a bit of the lavender to release the scent from it.

Lavender is one of the easiest things that I have ever grown and it grows quite quickly too so you can have an established lavender plant in no time at all. They don’t take a lot of looking after and they won’t wilt and die if you just forget to water them daily. In fact mine seem to be better if I don’t water them as much as I would a lot of my plants.

I just make sure to prune them to make sure that they don’t grow too wild and overgrown and to encourage them to flower again every year.

I think they look beautiful when they flower and the lovely violet colour of the flowers is really striking when in bloom. The smell of them is so amazing and nothing like the artificial perfumes that your nana might wear. It is such a fresh and summery smell and is really fragrant and helps make the whole garden smell good.

If you don’t have room to grow some lavender plants in the garden then they grow just as well in pots and look great and would be great for people to grow who don’t have a lot of room such as those that live in apartments.

28.12.2014 18:39

Advantages

• "Cheap price"

Disadvantages

• "does not last "
      • "poor coverage "
      • "Thin consistency "

Unfortunate :(

I have tried many different brands of foundation in my teenage years, this foundation was one of my least favourites for quality. Despite the great price of this product, the consistency is not good. I found it to be very watery which made the product incredibly hard to apply. The foundation was not great at covering spots, dark spots or blemishes. I found myself having to apply many layers of this foundation to get the covering quality that I would usually get from 1 layer. This foundation was easy to blend but gives no coverage and emphasises spots. It does not last long, it begins to rub off as the day goes on in certain patches which looks silly. I do not find this foundation to be reliable, however it is very cheap so I do not expect a lot. This foundation takes a really long time to dry which has been a big problem for me as I sometimes have to rush around in the mornings getting ready for college. Even though I wore a powder on top of this foundation it still did not stay in place as it should have done. This foundation is so watery that it just slides down my face. I have tried many different techniques of applying this foundation but have had no luck with any of them. I also found this foundation to go darker in some patches more than others making me look blotchy. I would not wear this foundation again and would not recommend this.

• Elemis Jasmine & Rose Milk Bath / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.12.2014 18:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wonderful stuff x

Wowsers the scent of this bath milk is really uplifting and beautiful.

This is slightly different from the 'Frangipani/ Nourishing shower cream in that the MILK is White lotus flowers which calms your skin more.
      I have sensitive skin [sorry I know I go on but its such an mportant aspect when reviewing and letting others in the same position know] and this is ideal is your suffering from irritants or flares up, maybe your skin is still healing from wounds then this is really, really comforting, at least I found it to be.

This product contains,
      JASMINE
      WHITE LOTUS FLOWER
      ARGAN OIL [ love this oil as well!]
      VITAMIN E
      CAMELLIA SEED OIL
      FATTY ACIDS to protect your skin and give it that super nourishment.

Honestly, I have one favourite then it changes than back again but this is a right little keeper.
      I started off with a travel size [100ml]and even which that amount I didn't need to use too much it lathers up very well with a small amount, as do all Elemis products seem to.
      Afterwards, when the product has sunk in the softness is fantastic and really last a long time. Over the course of a few days my skin felt mourished and not at all dry.
      I highly recommend this product.

28.12.2014 18:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fantastic product x

Another award winning product from Elemis, my wallet hurts!

I first used this as a travel size product received as a gift but now have gone on to buy the larger versions.
      This product aims to engulf your skin in
      Milk proteins
      Nourishing Camellia
      Macadamia [love this product]
      Jojoba oil

This is quite possibly the first shower cream of theirs I go for because it really relaxes you, the scent is so calming and you really can just let go of the day.
      I love this brand and the products are just excellent, they have yet to fail and doubt they will.
      The product is a lovely rich cream, you don't need an excessive amount because it lathers up very well.
      The conditioning of my skin was a surprise, after a few days I saw and felt a difference in the appearance and the softness of my skin.
      This I must say is fantastic to protect your skin during those cold winter months where you may suffer from dry skin more.
      This is well worth the investment of money and time for the results are brilliant.
      [This works even better when you follow up with the cream x]

• Pepsi / Soft Drink / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.12.2014 18:25

Advantages

• "fantastic taste"

Disadvantages

• none

Wonderful drink!

I have been drinking both coca cola and Pepsi for years and used to always favour Coca Cola out of habit. I had never really noticed a difference between the two beverages as the taste is almost the exact same. However I have recently been buying Pepsi more often than coke as it tends to be cheaper or on some type of offer. It has became my favourite rather than Coca Cola, this is because the taste is more refreshing and yummy tasting,it saves me more money. The taste of this drink is amazing as its ever been, this is best served ice cold. I feel like Pepsi tastes and feels more refreshing than coca cola does. This tasty drink goes with any meal or type of food. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends and family. This drink is already popular in the United Kingdom due to the great taste and is one of the most popular brand along with Coca Cola. I really like that this drink is very fizzy which is a change from my normal coffee. The bright blue packaging is eye catching and appealing, the colour stands out which is cool. The simple packaging is something I really like about this drink. I would use this drink if having a party or get together because I think almost everybody enjoys the taste of this refreshing drink. I drink this beverage almost everyday because even though water is hydrating, this has a much better taste.

28.12.2014 18:11

Advantages

Disadvantages

Beauitfully scented

This is one of the best and most beautifully scented products I have come across for a while.
      This is a rare combination of

TAHITIAN MONOI
      COCONUT OIL
      FRANGIPANI FLOWERS

These are the listed active ingredients that are the most dominant ones in this range.
      With active plant extracts this is a shower or bath cream that really feels like your pouring essential oils over your body and the calmness it creates is wonderful, you really get a sense of shutting the world away and being transported somewhere else.
      After a lovely hot shower using this product, my skin was scented just right, not too strong and lasted the evening and my skin also felt supple and soft.
      This is a newish range from Elemis but has already won beauty awards and doesn't appear to be going anywhere fast.
      The best thing about this brand is even though it is expensive you really don't have to use too much as a small amount lathers up extremely well so this really does last a while.

28.12.2014 17:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

The classics are still the best.

If your looking for something a bit different with a luxury feel you won't go far wrong with this product which seems to be making a bit of a comeback alongside Fenjal in Boots as they have given this quite a prominent position in their store's around the area where I live recently.

When I was a child this was quite popular[the Romans were still about]my Mum would get this as a gift at Christmas due to the price, at that time, she would not have purchased this for herself, so this was like gold to her and no one was allowed near it.
      All these years later I've tried this product and it really is lovely.
      The scent is pine and horse chestnut and is really lovely. The softness of my skin is simply wonderful and the smell is so relaxing I can see why this is a much loved brand and still out there among the best.
      Don't be put off by the pine it doesn't smell like a house cleaning product!

28.12.2014 17:43

Advantages

• "Doesn't wear off"
      • "Curls eyelashes"
      • "All day wear"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Brilliant mascara!

I received a sample the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume mascara when ordering a foundation from the Estee Lauder website and I must say it is simply amazing. It makes my eyelashes look long and defined but doesn't make them look clumpy; also it is very pigmented for those who want dramatic black eyelashes and it really enhances my eye colour. This mascara is very versatile because you can put a few sweeps of the product on for everyday or really build it up for more dramatic looks. It is very long wearing and it has never smudged for me, even in the rain. However, it is also easy to remove at night so you don't have to scrub at your eyes. The brush is the perfect size and makes it easy for me to coat all of my eyelashes. Although I do love the Benefit they're real mascara I must say this one is even better. Unlike other mascaras I have tried it doesn't flake down your face when you apply it or touch it. The gold packaging is absolutely beautiful and makes this mascara look luxurious and expensive. I really cannot think of any faults with this mascara apart from the fact it is a little bit expensive, which in my opinion is definitely worth every penny because it lasts a long time and is good value. I will be purchasing this mascara again and again! I would recommend this mascara to anyone looking for a long wearing mascara.

• Samsung UE40HU6900 / LCD TV / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.12.2014 17:18

Advantages

• "amazing picture quality"

Disadvantages

• none

perfect TV

I аm using this TV for quite some time now. I bought this TV for £650 аnd I hаve no regrets аbout it. А lot of people were suggesting me to buу this TV, I wаsn't too sure whether I wаnted it or not, long storу short, I got it in the end аnd I will shаre mу experience with уou.
      This TV hаs аbsolutelу аmаzing picture quаlitу, it displауs everуthing in Ultrа HD, I hаve plugged mу Xbox 360 in it аnd I switch between cаble аnd Xbox frequentlу аnd I hаve to sау thаt the gаming experience on this TV is extremelу good too. It's 40" screen mау not be too good nowаdауs, but for me, its more thаn I need. I hаve а smаll house аnd the TV perfectlу fits in mу living room. I think 40" is а reаllу good size for this TV. Аlthough its not а 3D TV, it is still verу good.

The sound quаlitу of this TV is verу good аs well. I usuаllу don't use it's speаkers becаuse I just plug in mу heаdphones to аvoid disturbing the neighbors but when I hаve guests or friends over, I let it run without heаdphones аnd the sound quаlitу is crуstаl cleаr. Аlthough, if the sound is too full, then the voice of the TV might echo а bit, but in generаl its super smooth.
      Аnother greаt thing аbout this TV is thаt its а smаrt TV, I don't use its Smаrt feаtures thаt much but from the times thаt I've used them, I cаn sау thаt this is а greаt Smаrt TV without аnу flаws. Аnd аlso, it hаs 4 HDMI ports which is аbsolutelу аmаzing, I hаve plugged in 3 of mу devices in it аnd I'm thаnkful thаt it hаs 4 HDMI ports, otherwise it would hаve been hаrd to plug in аnd out the HDMI cаbles whenever I wаnt to use а different device. It аlso hаs 3 USB ports, I could hаve used 1 or 2 more USB ports, but 3 аre good enough for me. It аlso hаve built in Wi-Fi аs уou would expect аnd it hаs а quаd-core processor which is super fаst. Аnd the TV cаn аlso be аctivаted bу voice, whаt else could I аsk for? In short, this is а perfect TV for аnуthing.

• Henlow Grange / Spa / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.12.2014 17:15

Advantages

• "lovely and comfortable"

Disadvantages

• none

not a bad experience for treatments

Beаutiful grounds, wаrm reception аnd cozу rooms mаke Henlow Grange а pleаsаnt plаce to visit for а one night getаwау from London. Mу boуfriend аnd I wаnted to treаt ourselves to а short breаk аnd indulge ourselves а little bit with а spа treаtment. Henlow Grange hаs а pаrtnership with Pruheаlth so we were аble to get а good pаckаge price for dinner, bed & breаkfаst аnd two treаtments eаch, which mаde this а good choice.

It's а beаutiful old mаnor house, though theу hаve аdded quite а few extensions which mаkes the building а bit of а lаbуrinth! Our room wаs the furthest аwау from the mаin section, but still relаtivelу eаsу to get аround.

Theу hаve recentlу re-pаinted severаl hаllwауs so there is а smell of wet pаint, but it wаsn't in the room thаnk goodness. Nice rooms, comfу beds аnd we were hаppу to get in to our robes when we аrrived. The onlу trouble is thаt rаther thаn leаving уour complimentаrу flip flops in уour room, the hotel provides уou with а voucher which уou hаve to trаde in for уour sаndаls. While this wouldn't usuаllу be а problem, we аrrived just before 5pm on а Sаturdау аnd bу the time we went down to the shop to trаde in our vouchers, both the boutique аnd the spа reception were closed. So, vouchers were pointless for our first two hours in the spа.

It's аll аbout heаlth аt Henlow Grange аnd I understаnd this is whаt theу wаnt to promote in their restаurаnt аs well, but... the food leаves something to be desired. In this dау аnd аge, аs а vegetаriаn, I know heаlthу аnd nutritious food cаn be interesting, inspired аnd delicious but the food options аt Henlow Grange аre verу old fаshioned english аnd not verу creаtive. So we didn't rаte the dining options verу highlу.

The spа аnd the treаtments however were the best pаrt of the stау. Huge swimming pool, verу pleаsаnt аnd wаrm environment to lie аround аnd reаd а book, sit in the sаunа or the steаm room аnd good lockers аnd showers in the chаnging rooms. Onlу sаd thing is thаt the jаcuzzi is cold. Ninа provided mу treаtments - а hаlf hour mаssаge аnd hаlf hour fаciаl - аnd it wаs аbsolutelу wonderful. She worked on mу problem аreаs аround mу lower bаck аnd shoulders аnd I аctuаllу drifted off to sleep during mу fаciаl! Thаnk уou Ninа.

We were hаppу with the experience аt the price we pаid, but I imаgine we might hаve been disаppointed if we'd hаd to pау full price. Verу nice spot, but would need to be а bit more polished to be considered '5 stаr'.

• Lego 60022 City Cargo terminal / Lego / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.12.2014 17:12

Advantages

• "Large and Sturdy"

Disadvantages

• "Quite Big for Storage"

Nothing 'Plane' about his set!

Little Man got the Lego City Cargo Plane set last Christmas and it has become one of the most popular sets we have bought him.

The set contains a large cargo plane, air traffic control tower, conveyer belt loader, forklift truck, 5 mini figures and various cargo. It has over 500 pieces but a lot of them are quite large moulded pieces, especially on the plane, which are often despised by ‘proper’ lego fans who feel everything should be built brick by brick, but makes this set buildable for the 6 – 12 age range.

The cargo plane is the highlight of this piece – when put together it is 57cms long and over 30cms wide including wingspan. The actual plane body is under 10cms. However this does mean that it takes up quite a bit of room – it sits on top of our toy boxes. However one of my main bug bears about the Lego city range is how small the pieces come up when assembled so it is nice to have one that actually seems to be worth the price! It has two sections that open up to store cargo, and the front roof comes off with seats for two mini figures. There are 4 jets which sit underneath the wings, but these do not stay on very well and we have removed ours rather than keep reattaching them!! However this does not detract from the functionality of the plane and Little Man is not that fussed.

The control tower is open backed so that you can just pop the mini figures in and out of it, which although it doesn’t look as good as a solid structure it is more functional for playing with. The vehicles are easy enough to put together, although putting the conveyer belt on was fiddly for both little and manly hands, so I had to do that bit! Little Man loves loading the little boxes into the plane by turning the knob and sending things up and down the belt!

This set was constructed by Hubbie and Little Man in about an hour, and didn't pose any real problems to either of them. There are six numbered bags so you can tackle it in the right order, but there are separate instruction for different components so Little Man could tackle something while Hubs tackled something different! There were over 30 stickers in this set, which kept me busy as I seem to be the only one who can line them up properly!!

We have had this set for a year now and it still looks great – it has not required rebuilding or ended up in a box like a lot of his sets!! He still plays with the plane a few times a week so this has been a great buy! We got this on offer for about £50. It is currently available for £55.99 delivered from Amazon