• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.11.2014 10:27

Advantages

• "Quality build"
      • "Quick build"
      • "Quality parts"
      • Price

Disadvantages

Great service, great pricing, awesome result.

Was able to configure a very good system that was professionally built and performs to expectations. Very reasonable pricing, no need to build it myself when they offer pricing and warranty like that. Will definitely use them again.

24.11.2014 10:15

Advantages

• "It makes me feel a little bit relaxed"
      • "It makes me feel very clean"
      • "It smells very nice and unusual"

Disadvantages

• "You have to use alot for each bath to get many bubbles"

Radox stress relief herbal bath

WHAT IS IT?

This is bubble bath that is made by Radox. It has got ingredients in it that will relax you if you have got a problem with stress.

DOES IT WORK?

I think this is very nice bubble bath but I do not think it has enough power to make me feel like I am not suffering from stress. It smells very nice and the smell makes me feel relaxed when I am having a bath in it and I like that the smell is not usual to other bubble baths also.

WHAT I THINK

I like this bubble bath very much even though I think it is not very good at making me feel like I have less stress. I add the bubble bath to hot water and I think it is that mixture of the pleasing herbal smell and the hot water also that makes me feel relaxed.

The smell is like rosemary but there are other herb smells inside the bubble bath and it is not very feminine and I know that because my husband likes to use it also and he will not use bath produce that smell like they are special for women.

I feel very clean when I have had a bath in this bubble bath but I have to use quite a lot of it to get as many bubbles as I like to have in my bath. When there are alot of bubbles I use them to wash my body with and they are soft and very cleansing. I can only have about 5 baths out of one bottle because of how much I use in my bath but it would last you for a longer time if you did not use so much and that is obvious.

ANYTHING ELSE

The normal price for this bubble bath is £2 and I think that is value but it is usually on special price promotion in one of the supermarkets or in Boots and I do not think I have paid more than £1 for it very often. I am happy with that price because even though I use alot of the bubble bath when I use it in the bath it still feels like value because it is a very nice product and cheap also.

4 Dooyoo Hearts.

24.11.2014 09:56

Advantages

• "It is cleansing"
      • "It is moisturising"
      • "It makes my skin feel soft and clean"

Disadvantages

• "The bottle is very hard to use"

Dove Silk body wash

WHAT IS IT?

This is shower cream that is made by Dove. It is called Silk Glow now because Dove changed the name and the design of the bottle last year but the product is the same.

THE PACKAGING

This shower cream comes in a bottle that is very hard to use sometimes because it has got a strange shape so that when you try to get some out it gets stuck. When there is a small amount only left in the bottle it is so hard to get out of the bottle that I have to nearly bend the bottle in half to remove it.

WHAT I THINK

I am very happy with this shower cream because I like the smell and I like that the bubbles are very thick and they feel nice and soft on my skin. The bubbles feel like they are moisturising my body and I am happy about that because I trust Dove to be effective when I have got skin that needs to be moisturised and even though I still have to use body cream if my skin is dry I do not care about that because I know that the shower cream is being kind to my skin when I use this product.

The smell does not linger for very long on my skin and that is a pity but I do not care very much because I think the smell of this shower cream is alot more oily and greasy than other Dove shower produce.

I like how clean my skin feels when I use this shower cream and I use it with a sponge so I do not have to use very much to make my whole body clean. It has never made me have any irritation and my skin is never itchy when I use it so I think it is a very gentle shower cream that is good for my skin as well as being cleansing.

ANYTHING ELSE

A bottle that has got 250ml of shower cream in it costs about £3.60 and I think that is value because it is very nice shower cream but I wish that Dove would look at their bottles because it is so hard to take out the last bits that I think I sometimes waste quite a lot.

4 Dooyoo Hearts.

24.11.2014 09:15

Advantages

• "Has novelty value"

Disadvantages

• "A horrible smell"

Only for a novelty value

I seen this in Poundland and just had to buy it and try it out and see what it was going to be like as I was so curious to see what a Tango shower gel would be like. I was hoping that it was going to be a strong orange smell with hopefully some spiciness in it and as it was only a pound I thought even if I didn’t like it then it wouldn’t matter because it was so cheap.

I liked the design of the bottle and it is certainly eye catching. I think the bottle looks quite masculine even though the shower gel is definitely unisex.

The gel is a bright orange and is thick and it lathers up well in the shower. It cleaned my skin well and it wasn’t too drying though it wasn’t very gentle and my skin felt it was getting a good scrub clean. I did notice that my skin was a bit itchy afterwards but only slightly and there was no redness or anything.

Unfortunately the smell of this was just really unappealing to me. It smells of oranges but it is so artificial and sickly smelling that it wasn’t enjoyable at all. It actually did smell like Tango which is an ok smell for a drink but not something that I want to shower in. It smells sort of like Tango that has been left in the sun you know that really sickly sweet vaguely orange smell. It just wasn’t a nice smell and I only used it the once because I just really didn’t like it.

I can imagine that this will appeal to kids and teenagers more than adults. I was curious about the novelty factor of this and wanted to try it out and because it was cheap I wasn’t worried about if I liked it or not since it wasn’t costing me much. Lucky it was cheap because had I paid anymore money for it I would have been annoyed but I am still glad that I tried it because it really did pique my curiosity when I saw it.

24.11.2014 09:14

Advantages

• "Doesn't dry your skin"
      • "Lovely fragrance"

Disadvantages

Another hit from original source

I have often purchased the original source shower gels in the past and have always loved the zingy fragrances. This is the first of their range of hand soaps that I have tried and I have been very pleased with this also.

Rather than the usual shape hand soap dispensers, original source has packaged their hand soap in the same slightly angular bottles as their shower gel only smaller and with a pump dispenser lid. With the label also a similar style as the shower gel, this is instantly recognisable as an original source product.

The fragrance I chose to try first was this Shea butter and honey one. Most hand creams I use seem to contain Shea extracts so I thought that this would be a good option as it might be quite moisturising. After washing up multiple times a day, my hands tend to get quite dry. As a mum to three messy little ones, I wash my hands an awful lot so a good moisturising hand wash is a great advantage in combating dry skin.

The blurb on the bottle explains that honey is antibacterial as well as moisturising and that Shea butter will leave your skin cleansed, soft and sweet.

The hand wash is a creamy pale brown colour and the consistency is quite thick. My first impression of the fragrance is that it is quite nutty. It is a soft, comforting type fragrance which I like very much. I can't detect the honey element on the fragrance which I found a little surprising. I was disappointed to find that the fragrance does not last for very long on your skin. Why is it always the fragrances you don't like which longer longest?!

The hand wash leaves my skin feeling clean and doesn't dry out my hands like other washes I have tried. It is not quite as moisturising as I had hoped for given the hype on the bottle but a product which I enjoy using nonetheless.

I would definitely purchase this again and am now keen to try some of the other fragrances available. Another good product from original source.

Cost: £2.30 at boots for a 250 ml bottle

24.11.2014 08:49

Advantages

• "Works well"
      • Cheap

A good foundation

I have used some sort of Rimmel foundation for as long as I remember, but it's the Lasting Finish one that I've been using for many years now. It seems to be more expensive to buy in the shops, so I tend to buy it online (usually on eBay) to ensue that I never run out. Although I don't have much of a beauty regime, I'm really not very happy leaving the house without foundation on (even if due to lack of time with baby it's applied badly!)

I usually get the 25 hour Lasting Finish which comes in similar packaging to this (a 30ml tube), so I think I probably bought this 16 hour one by mistake. Not to worry though, I don't need my makeup on for more than 16 hours! Looking back on my purchase history, I paid £4.25 for it which is pretty cheap.

As with all foundations there is a a range of different colours to suit different skin types. They seem slightly different from the ones available in the 25 hour foundation, and I have got ivory number 100, while it's normally 101 that I go for.

I put the foundation on with my finger and rub in. If I have a spot I will tend to use some sort of concealer on that too. I don't really have much clue on what I'm doing when it comes to makeup, hey ho.

This foundation blends in well, and I'm happy with the look that it gives. I'm not sure there's much difference between this one and the 25 hour - I think perhaps this is an old one which Rimmel don't make anymore. A tube of this lasts for ages too.

4 out of 5 stars from me.

• Tesco Sun Cream / Sun Care / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      24.11.2014 08:44

Advantages

• "Works ok"

Disadvantages

• "takes ages to absorb"

ok

I have fair skin so I always use high factor sun cream, 30+, anything below that and it's pointless as I just burn. I bought this one from Tesco's because it was half the price of the others.

It came in a bottle which has a little flip cap and then you squeeze it out. The lotion is white and really quite runny, it is so easy to get more than you need out so you have to be careful. It doesn't have a specific smell, if anything it's just your standard sun tan lotion smell with nothing extra added to it.

When rubbing it in it's easy enough to spread around your body but it takes ages to absorb, it kind of sits on top of your skin for ages which leaves you looking really pale. It's not a good look!

It does seem to protect from the sun well. I found that this was just as good as any other brand that I have bought before. I didn't burn. I did regularly apply it.

ONe thing though, it doesn't appear t obe very water proof. I know they always say to reapplly it after being in water anyway but this one seemed to rub off really easily when you just as much as wash your hands so be aware of that.

I think it's an OK product, worth the price and definitely nothing too bad. So 4 out of 5 stars for me. I would buy it again.

24.11.2014 08:30

Advantages

• "Thin for small gaps "

Disadvantages

• "Bend easily and not many bristles on them"

Ok but there are better ones

I have used interdental brushes for ages now because I was having problems with my gums and my hygienist told me that I needed to start using these. I could have flossed but I don’t like flossing and just don’t think that it is as effective as using interdental brushes.

These ones from Boot’s Expert come in different sizes with the 0.4 ones being the thinnest. I have quite small gaps in between my teeth so I need thin brushes to be able to fit them in between the gaps.

These have little plastic handles with thin wires that have bristles on them. You just need to put these in the gaps between your teeth and brush backwards and forwards for a couple of seconds. They not only push bits of food that are stuck in the gaps out the other side but the brushes stimulate the gum line and help to get rid of plaque which is on the gum line.

The problem with these being so thin is that although they will go through smaller gaps the wire is really thin so it bends easily and while you can bend the wire anyway to get them to reach harder places I like them to remain straight because I find it easier to use them like that. They also don’t have as many bristles as a lot of interdental brushes so I don’t think that they clean quite as much as some of them.

The brushes can all be reused so long as you clean them in between uses but they really don’t last long before you need to use a new one again. I think they are quite expensive as you only get 6 in the packet and they cost £3.25. They work and do what they are supposed to but I just think that there are better interdental brushes available which cost the same amount.

24.11.2014 08:20

Advantages

• "good at getting food debris from in between teeth "
      • "Mild taste "

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't leave mouth feeling fresh for long "

Gentler than most

There are loads of different mouthwashes on the market that you can buy and some of them can be really strong and powerful which can also have the unwanted side effect of making them taste horrible. They might be good for teeth and gums but they aren’t very nice to use.

This one is actually one of the more gentle mouthwashes that I have tried and the taste is much better than most. This has its plus points as well as its negatives however. Because it is quite mild it doesn’t sting and is quite pleasant to use but this also means that it isn’t the best mouthwash for keeping your breath fresh for a long time.

Dentyl Active are those mouthwashes that you see in the supermarket that have two colours one of the bottom and one on the top that you have to mix before using. You need to mix to activate the two different parts of the mouth wash. This only takes a couple of seconds and isn’t much of a bother but it does seem a bit gimmicky and I am sure that they could produce the mouthwash without the need to shake it before use.

You then just fill the cap up and then gargle the mouthwash. I think this is a pretty good mouthwash in that it really does lift food debris from between your teeth which you can see the proof of in the sink. It leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh and as I said it has quite a pleasant minty taste that isn’t too strong.

Although this will leave your mouth feeling fresh after using it the fresh feeling doesn’t last too long. That’s the only problem with this mouthwash that I can find. Within about half an hour of using it the fresh minty taste and smell is gone even if you haven’t eaten or drunk anything in the mean time. I don’t really mind so much as I think my breath smells ok but if you were looking for something that gave long lasting mouth freshness then this probably isn’t the mouthwash for you.

• Party Foods / Recipe / 5 Readings / 2 Ratings
      24.11.2014 02:31

Advantages

• "easy and quick party food"

Disadvantages

party food is typical dish that can give a different flavor so that the visitors

When its gathering time, grand sustenance and stupendous organization are a superb mix for fruitful facilitating.

What's more if delivering the swarm satisfying sustenance without the cost of catering or getting worried is your

objective as

a host, help is within reach. Here are ten things that are sufficiently basic to get ready rapidly and divine enough for

just

about any event.

*casual or favor warm starters: Crab and cheddar stuffed mushrooms will be a moment hit, as will potato

wedges finished with harsh cream, cheddar and bacon bits. Kindle the stove to 350 degrees and heat veggies stuffed

with a most loved filling and finished with cheddar. Then again spread out some nectar mustard dip, marinara sauce or

blue

cheddar dressing to go hand in hand with things like chicken strips, mozzarella sticks or wild ox wings.

*dainty sandwiches: These are snappy, simple and fulfilling. Simply utilize foot-long hoagie rolls or pita wraps stuffed

with veggies, cheeses and vegetables and cut into little parcels.

*dipped chips: You can't happen. Liquefied cheddar, salsa and guacamole dips for tortilla and potato chips are

party top picks. Upgrade your plunges with bacon bits disintegrated into the guacomole and cilantro sprinkled onto the

salsa.

* Shrimp: A speedy and simple victor. Encompass a vessel of mixed drink sauce with bubbled shrimp, or get favor by

searing or barbecuing shrimp wrapped in a half cut of bacon. Include grill sauce for dipping.

* Pizza: This is a brisk and simple alternative whether you request out, hotness up solidified pies, or make your own.

Offer

visitors diverse fixings and serve in squares rather than cuts.

* Pasta: Here's an opportunity to furnish mixture without hardly lifting a finger. Simply cook different pastas early,

then present with

decision of pesto, alfredo and tomato sauces. Great choices for fixings are peppers, cooked frankfurter and sauteed

mushrooms.

* Chili bowls: By utilizing burrowed out sourdough moves rather than dishes to hold the stew you'll make interest

furthermore sparing washing time. Incredible for cool climate parties.

* Bite-sized desserts: Offer visitors little pastry treats on a tray. Incorporate fudge squares, treats and brownies or

different things effectively cut into little parcels. The bread shop has bunches of incredible decisions to disentangle

your readiness

on the off chance that you are so occupied there is no option make your own.

* Refreshments: The choices here are gigantic, contingent upon the sort of gathering. Make a fast and simple punch with

cranberry, apple and orange juices, alongside ginger beer. In the event that liquor is generally served, spike the punch.

There are numerous different thoughts out there. Regularly, the most straightforward and scrumptious things are ignored

in light of the fact that a host

is reluctant to serve "regular" sustenance.

It will be less demanding on you and additionally fulfilling for your visitors on the off chance that you adhere to what

you know individuals like and

just flavor it up a bit. On the off chance that you choose things that are not difficult to set you'll up, invest less

time in the kitchen, and more of an opportunity enthralling your visitors.

24.11.2014 02:30

Advantages

• "all characters"
      • Price
      • "Its Dragon Ball Z!"

Disadvantages

Fantastic. As expected.

I am sure that I will repeat this line many times but I am a huge video game fan! I have grown up forcing my parents to buy the latest consoles and the latest games from my PlayStation 1 to my PlayStation 4. Firstly, I am a huge fan of the Dragon Ball series (Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. This game surprisingly included characters from all of the Dragon Ball series' but it did miss out some very important and key characters to the story line. I fell in love with this game just as I do with most other Dragon Ball games because it plays very smoothly and it follows the story line to a satisfactory level. I believe that all real Dragon Ball fans should make this purchase as it will provide a valuable sense of nostalgia to the good old cartoon network days when the Dragon Ball series was still on television. The first advantage of this game it is very reasonably priced for a Dragon Ball game as they are usually quite expensive due to the fact that they are not regularly produced like they once were in the past. I believe that this game would be an ideal gift for any child or teenager who enjoys a good classic fighting game as this game is truly old school and would gain the endless attention of gamers for hours on end. In my opinion this is one of the better games in the Dragon Ball franchise.

• Sony BDP-S1 / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.11.2014 02:11

Advantages

• simple
      • performance

Disadvantages

• size
      • price

Great, fast, reliable.

I was delighted with this product as it was simply fantastic. I am not sure what else you can ask for from a blu ray dvd player other than to play blu ray movies but it honestly performed very well. This was a simple and easy to use product as you do not need to go through any tedious processes and it is straight to the point due to the fact that once you physically install it, you can just insert your blu ray movie, sit back and relax! Honestly, this is a Sony product and in my opinion it did live up to the expectations without a doubt. I believe that the first advantage of this product is the performance. The performance of this product is amazing as it flawlessly plays and loads the movies and there were never any issues with this product. The next advantage of this wonderful product is that it was extremely simple to use! Even for me! and I am not the greatest user of technology. I simply fell in love with this blu ray player as it is one of the only pieces of technology which I own that does not ever have any issues. This was an amazing product but there were also disadvantages. The first disadvantage of this Sony blu ray player was its size. In all honesty I believe that many more price efficient alternatives can be found when looking for a blu ray player which has an appropriate size. The final and most obvious disadvantage of this blu ray player was its price. The price of this blu ray player is far greater than I am comfortable with.

• Listerine Cool Mint / Oral Care / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
      24.11.2014 01:28

Advantages

• "Works well"

Disadvantages

• Flavour

Oral germ warfare

The ranges and availability of oral hygiene products have vastly increased over the last 30 plus years.

I grew up in Australia at a time where there were just a few oral care brand names, with “Listerine” being synonymous with “mouth wash”.

As a child I was expected to brush my teeth. My parents’ regime was to brush and to floss – apparently I was too young to do this, in their view.

I was 12 or 13 years old when my orthodontic treatment started: silver, train-track style braces.

My orthodontist regularly reiterated the importance of good oral hygiene and that I really must include an oral wash in my regime.

Listerine washes are the ones that I have used most frequently over the years, although I do also regularly use a tooth whitening wash from a different brand.

Marketed as a favourite flavoured germ killer that reduces plaque and freshens breath for up to 24 hours, this blue-coloured liquid comes in a clear one litre bottle for a little over £5.

Using this antibacterial wash as directed – a twice daily swoosh/swirl around my mouth for approximately 30 seconds – does seem to keep my gum disease under control. Occasionally I use the liquid as a gargle, although I have less need to do this now that I no longer have tonsiliths which was the root cause of my bad breath a number of years ago.

The flavour of the wash is supposed to be mint; I describe it as a chemical cousin to mint that is neither pleasant nor unpleasant.

I am happy enough with this product. After use my breath does seem fresh – at least to me – and my teeth feel clean. I would not leave it 24 hours between use, however.

Recommended.

24.11.2014 01:12

Advantages

• "Subtle yet long lasting "
      • "Lovely aroma"

Disadvantages

NATURE is subtle yet long lasting

This eau de toilette was a gift from a friend, given some years ago. I've used it sparingly. And it still smells good.

PRESENTATION

I remember "Nature" came in a pretty yellowish box but that has long gone. Now I am left with the bottle which is tallish and narrow. It has a plastic stopper which has the appearance of glass. The bottle has branch design on both sides and the word “Nature” is printed in black on one side in small lettering. The design is very subtle and natural looking.

My bottle has the splasher type of application rather than a spray. I do prefer a spray but then it was a gift so I won’t complain. I'm always grateful to receive a gift, especially of a nice fragrance like this one.

NOTES

Notes are mainly flora and a touch of fruit. Mandarin, mint leaves, daphnée, Lily-of-the-valley, cedar, rose, jasmine and freesia blend well.

I love the smell of freesia which can be detected along with Lily-of-the-valley and rose. I think the jasmine aroma gives this perfume its strong scent and helps it to last well. And yet, the jasmine doesn't take over.

THE AROMA

I would describe this scent as being, like the bottle design, subtle and natural.
      It is quite strong and long lasting. A little really does go a long way “Nature.”
      Yves Rocher says, about this scent:

“A breeze that carries the scent of velvety moss and crunchy bark, fruity mandarin that mingles with the thrill of fragrant rose, jasmine and freesia... Nature Eau de Toilette offers you an essential timeout in nature.”

Flowery words but quite apt, I would say.

SUITABILITY

I think this lovely natural scent will suit most skins and women of all ages. However, I do think it might not appeal so much to teenagers and twenty somethings, as it isn't exactly a high fashion perfume.

I would say this eau de toilette is best described as a charming pretty scent that is natural and has stood the test of time.

I would say that it is a nice scent to wear of an evening but owing to its natural aroma it is a great one to daub here and there for daytime wear.

LONGEVITY

I find that Yves Rocher Nature lasts very well. In fact, I was surprised by its longevity, believing that such a natural and subtle smell wouldn't last but I was wrong as it really does last well.

OVERALL

This is a lovely eau de toilette from Yves Rocher. It’s long lasting yet subtle and pleasant and just that little bit different.

I would recommend it.

24.11.2014 00:49

Advantages

• Everything

Disadvantages

• None!

Glam up those peepers!

Just recently I have managed to get hold of not only an Avon catalogue but a rep too! Trust me it has been a long and rocky road to getting both and an order placed and delivered! However A few months ago I did have a rep and did order regularly and just recently I have ran out of this product which means I at least will be able to order another!

This product comes in a black shiny, long and thinnish pencil with a long lid that securely fits and is easy to remove. Down the side of it we are told what it and who it is by and so on and it looks a nice product and you do get plenty of it.

The Product:

This comes in 8 shades. I purchased 'Black Ice' but there are light to dark shades in the range though when I go out I always go for black.

This is really nice and very simple to apply. To use the 'stick' you simply twist it and the colour goes up and down. This is a slightly moist colour so goes on a bit creamy and takes a minute to sort of set on the skin once you've used it and it goes a bit matt. it doesn't drag or pull my skin and comes off the stick easily.

My colour was a really highly pigmented black colour with little ingrained speckles of silver glitter within it which are not coarse.

I can define my eyes simple and quickly with this and I'm happy with the colour and bit of sparkle that I get. Being in plastic casing I never have to sharpen it and using it often it takes ages to run out.

It stays put once applied for hours as good as it went on with no flaking of the glitter within it and it doesn't agitate my sensitive eyes one bit and when it comes to removing it, it simply takes only my usual make up removing routine.

This is a brilliant quality and easy to use product. I don't find it to smudge and it is waterproof for a couple of tears, mainly though I like this for glamming up my eyes simply! Recommended from me highly!

Only available from Avon and this usually retails at £6.00 per Glimmerstick though at the moment all colours are on offer at just £2.50 each so maybe its time for me to try another colour as well as black!

Only available from Avon.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown