• Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 / Graphic Card / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.03.2015 05:11

Advantages

• "Low Profile"
      • "Good Value"
      • Fast

Disadvantages

Great video card for the price

I bought the Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 a few months back as a low end gaming graphics card, and it worked great. I was able to play Skyrim on medium settings and not lag, as well as play many other games like Dishonored, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, Minecraft, etc. This card performed extremely well for the price, and was able to let me play games that were impossible to play before I bought the card. The card is also low profile, fits in almost any case, and very quiet. The card was compatible with HDMI, VGA, and DVI video outputs, so I could still connect my personal computer to my High-Definition Television via HDMI. The card also allows High-Definition video playback, as well as high resolution display options. It managed to stay surprisingly cool while using only a heatsink.

• Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB / Smartphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.03.2015 04:28

Advantages

• "Good Camera"
      • "Loud Speakers"
      • "Big Screen"
      • "Easy to use"
      • "Fast Phone"

Disadvantages

• "May Be Too Big"
      • "Feels Fragile"
      • "S Voice"
      • "Battery Life"
      • "Call Quality"

Decent phone for the price, if you life big phones.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great phone for the now low price of approximately £175. The Galaxy S3 has a dual-core processor, allowing it to process all of your apps, games, and media flawlessly. It also has a very large and responsive touch screen. The operating system is Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The S3's 8 Megapixel camera allows you to capture all of your important moments with great picture quality. The S3 is 4g LTE compatible, allowing fast speeds while using mobile networks. The phone has 2GB of built in RAM to allow efficient multitasking, and has 16GB of built in storage space, which is plenty, but also has the option to insert a MicroSD card.

Not only have I owned the S3, but so have some of my family members and friends. One of the biggest complaints I have about the S3 is the seemingly low battery life. Sometimes my phone will die within 12 hours, without me even using it often. Although it seems the built in battery saving options help this problem, the battery life still is not very impressive. Samsung's version of Apple's Siri is S Voice, and it does not seem to be very useful and may be annoying at times. I am not sure if it is just me, or my phone's case, but I often get told that I am hard to hear over the phone. The phone is also very large, which may be a positive thing for some people, or a negative thing for others. My final complaint about the S3 is that it feels very fragile. It is extremely thin and feels like it would break the first time it is dropped. I have not actually tried this, I keep my phone in the case constantly so I would not know how strong the phone actually is.

• Microsoft Xbox 360 / Games Console / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.03.2015 04:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Console for the Family

I have owned a Microsoft Xbox 360 for almost two years now, and I have to say it was well worth the money spent on it. Even though the Xbox One is out now, the Xbox 360 is still a great console for those who cannot afford the high price tag of the Xbox One. The Xbox 360 is extremely easy to setup and use, and can provide tons of fun for any members of the family. The Xbox 360 is capable of streaming video through apps such as Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, and many others. In addition to being able to stream videos, you can also browse the internet, do video calls, voice chat with friends, and play games both online and offline.

Although the Xbox 360 is a great console, capable of many functions, it does have a few flaws. One of the flaws being how fragile it is while it is on. If it is turned on and there is a disk in the tray, moving it too much can cause the laser to burn a ring on the disk and destroy it. Of course the simple solution to this problem is do not move the console while it is turned on. Another flaw is that you have to pay to have good online capabilities with the console, such as play online games like the "Call of Duty" series and "Grand Theft Auto Online". The payment isn't very costly though, and is well worth it if you plan to play online games frequently. The final flaw of the Microsoft Xbox 360 console is that it can come with extremely low built in storage space. The cheapest model has only four gigabytes of built in storage, which is less than the amount of storage my phone has. With only four gigabytes you can not even download "Grand Theft Auto Online" and you can not back up your games onto the hard drive. You also will not be able to purchase many mainstream games through the Xbox Marketplace. Although you can simply buy an extra hard drive or use other forms of external storage to expand the storage on the console.

Overall, the Xbox 360 is a great console for the family to enjoy their favorite games, videos, and television shows. Although there are some flaws, they are all easily avoidable and are not too troublesome.

• AKG D112 / Microphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.03.2015 03:50

Advantages

• "Good Price"
      • "Great Sound Quality"

Disadvantages

Great mic for the price

I received the AKG D112 about a month ago to use on my band's new demos. I had the intention of using it as a kick drum mic (obviously) and on my Ashdown bass cab (Ampeg SVT 3 Pro head).

I have used both a Shure Beta 52 and an Audix D6 in the past for recording and the Beta I have used live as well, so I was interested to hear the difference with the AKG. Other reviews I had read, about which kick mic to use, suggested that the AKG would pick up more of the "click" of the kick compared to the Beta 52. This was interesting for me as my drummer does not have a hole in his kick drum and so getting a good "click" is quite hard.

For recording I placed it about half an inch from the skin of the kick off centre and covered it in some pillows to stop spill (the advantage of recording in a living room!). Needless to say it was not going to pick up all of the "click" of the drum so we also placed an SM58 pointing up towards the beater on the other side of the kick. I have found in the past that even with a hole in the kick you don't get all the smack you want, so usually place a mic to pick this up anyway. It also makes for nicer mixing possibilities. Both of these mics went through my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 preamps (look out for my review on that as well).

I can honestly say that the AKG did a brilliant job of picking up the thud and pump of the kick drum even being outside of the kick. Mixed with the 58 and shoved through some Liquid Mix Distressor emulations I have been able to achieve a very professional sounding kick within my mixes. Compared to the sound of a Shure Beta 52 I would say the AKG has a less sterile sound. On mixing with the Beta I have always found it hard to get an aggressive thud without it sounding tacky, but perhaps that is my own opinion.

• Ikea Antilop High Chair / Highchair / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.03.2015 00:30

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Easy to clean"

Disadvantages

Brilliant, simple highchair, fantastic value for money.

We bought two of these highchairs from okra, one for home and one for Nannan's house. This is such a great highchair for the money. It's easy to assemble, so even though it doesn't fold up it's very easy to remove the legs for storage if you need to. One of the main benefits to this highchair is that it is so easy to clean. It's all plastic so can easily be wiped down and literally can be put it the shower if necessary, the safety harness can also be removed for cleaning. The tray clips on and off easily so can be pulled right up to the dining table. There is no padding on the seat but my daughter always looks comfortable in there and will happily sit in there. I've seen this highchair in so many cafés and play areas and it's unsurprising really, it really is brilliant value for money.

• Dying Light (PS4) / Playstation 4 Game / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.03.2015 22:36

Advantages

• "Good Physics"
      • "Very Fun"

Disadvantages

• "Lock Pick is from Skyrim"

Overall - I'd give it a 89% score which is high for me

Simply put, this game is fun. Nowadays, many big budget games seem to feel more like interactive movies. The Order: 1886 is one clear example. This is perfectly fine, in it's own right. However, it's sometimes nice just to be able to stick a game in your console which you can have hours of aimless fun with. Dying light is one such game that is enjoyable and fun to play with a decent story line to keep you interested in the missions.
      You probably won't become emotionally invested in the plot or many of the characters that you meet with. You probably won't even care very much about your own character in the game, but I have no doubt that upon your first headsmash, molotov inferno, explosive ninja star massacre, electrocution take down or poison gas combo kill, you will be glad you picked up this game. ( To get an idea of the story watch this video, and for some other dying light gameplay videos check out the channel (no spoilers) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ZXW_vKyK4&spfreload=10 )
      And to get an idea of the ridiculous fun you can have in the open world, and how dynamic it can be, check this one out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPp479axCw&spfreload=10
      Pros :
      Excellent graphics and a huge open world with countless zombies occupying it
      Large skill set to upgrade through and many weapons to upgrade/modify
      Lengthy game with a large number of side quests and challenges to complete
      Co-op available to play through quests with a friend online
      Parkour system works really well once you are used to the controls

30.03.2015 22:28

Advantages

• "Worth the price"
      • "Awesome Graphics"
      • "Easy to set-up"

Disadvantages

• "Fan is a bit loud"

If you've thinking of buying ps4 or Xbox one then save yourself 100 quid and

PS4 set up is simple and easy to follow. Picking a user name you want/like that hasn't been used already is probably the hardest thing to do in the whole setting up experience. Having had an xbox 360 previously, I am pleased to say that the dash board is brilliant, alot more user friendly than the 360. There is a user guide section (I think I saw one), but it is that easy to navigate that I haven't been near it yet. The only thing that wasn't immediately obvious was how to get your free 14 day PSN subscription, to me anyway, until that is you go into the market place, where you are directed to it immediately (have your credit card details handy, although I used my debit card, which was fine). To get your free PSN games just go to the games section and down load everything that is free, I was suprised and delighteghted to find that there was alot more there that I was expecting i.e DCU online.

The console is smart looking, heavier than expected, quiet whilst running and fairly stylish. Love the rechargeable pad, doesnt take long to charge, but also doesn't last that long either.....about 12 hours, yes I hammered it the first day :).

Finally Killzone is alot more fun than I was expecting, it makes good use of the new controllers extra abilities, a good introduction anyway. Graphics are nice, and the lighting is next gen. The AI does feel a little strange at times, going from the sublime to the rediculous, but that in my mind added to the fun. Multi player wasn't something I was looking for, being older and never attempting it in the past, I approached it with more than a little trepidation, sadly for my wife I am addicted. The interface isn't great, it's not obvious at first how to alter loadouts, probably due to my inexperience, the learning curve was fairly steep and there are a few glitches/lag issues but over all i like it....alot.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.03.2015 22:17

Advantages

• "strong box without any damages"
      • "beautiful consumer service"
      • "light weight"
      • silence
      • "Low power consumption"

Disadvantages

• "no support for Ubuntu operative system"

I recommend to build your new customized PC with PC Specialist, more than a tailor!

Pc Specialist Internet site is a matter of precision: all flows like a satin dress, you can change your choices in every moment, the consumer service is simply perfect. Datasheets are ordered and precise, you can choice from a lot of processors, cases, memories, depending from your budget. Prices are written clearly, conditions, delivering. You can stay calm and protected, without bad thoughts.

• Panasonic RF-U350EG-S / Portable Radio / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      30.03.2015 22:07

Advantages

• "extendable aerial"
      • "basic features"
      • "good sound quality"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "no DAB"

A basic radio that is for basic use... and a good job it does too

It is a rectangular box shaped radio, being about 150mm high by about 280mm wide and about 65mm deep. It has one of those thin aluminium pull out aerial that, when not in use, slots into one short piece and is clipped to a little hook on the back of the unit.
      On the front is the speaker, together with a small screen that shows you information such as the radio station you're listening to, the time of day and such like. The screen is about 50 by 70mm
      The controls are along the top, with those being the manual tuning button, the volume, on and off, the preset channels, FM choice and more. All easy to understand and all being marked quite clearly on what they are.
      You can have up to 10 preset channels, setting them in place by pressing and holding the number keys when you've found the channel you want to save.
      There is a headphone socket on the rear so that you can listen to the radio without disturbing others.

There is a carry handle that stretches over the top of the unit and is easy to grip and well made so that there is little chance of the handle snapping off or you losing your grip on it.

The sound quality is second to none, although it does depend a lot on how well you've got the station tuned in, but with a bit of a jiggle of the aerial I tend to get a crystal clear sound coming from the 2watt speaker. The build is excellent really and the one I have has had a few knocks, but it's still going strong, even if the bottom right corner has a bit of a dent in it

The price of this basic FM radio is about £25 - £30, which is not too bad for the strong build of this one, even if it does not have the DAB that many others have.

30.03.2015 21:55

Advantages

• "Clean well"
      • "Good price"

Bargain Wipes from Primark

When I last visited Primark, I spotted these at the till and because I was running low, I decided to pick a pack up. There were priced at £1 for a double pack, where each pack contains 25 wipes each so I thought there were quite good value for money.

I noticed that there were three different versions available, to be honest, because these were an impulse buy whilst waiting at the checkout, I didn't really have time to review fully, only that one of the other options came in a yellow pack (tea tree oil) and the other in a white pack (4 in1). I choose the deep cleansing version which is also a 4 in 1 so is meant to cleanse, tone, remove makeup and moisturise.

Just like most wipes I have used in the past, they come in a plastic pack which has a re-sealable sticker lid on top, unfortunately, the sticker wasn't the best at staying ‘sticky’ and after a few uses, it hardly stayed stuck down at all. Removing the wipes from the pack was really easy, although sometimes if I pulled to hard, I would end up pulling two out. Upon touch, the wipes are quite soft to touch, however they are quite thin, however having said that, they don't tear or disintegrate when being used.

I use the wipes twice a day when I go away; once after I have showered in the morning and then in the evening before bed, on both occasions, they perform well and remove my makeup quite well without having to apply too much pressure or rub too hard. The only downside for me is that they wipes are quite dry, and especially when using at the end of the day, I have to use two to remove all traces of my makeup. Although these are designed to have moisturising elements, I do find that my skin can feel a little dry after use (although it does look ok and I don’t find this too much of an issue as I would always apply my face creams afterwards).

I have used them intermittently in the past but over the last week, I have used them twice daily whilst we have been away and I haven’t experienced any problems or adverse skin reactions. My skin feels in quite good condition too.

Overall, these wipes are ideal for a quick fix or for holidays, there are a couple of downsides however at 2p a wipe, these are ok so I would recommend and give 4 out of 5 stars.

• Pedigree Dentastix / Dog Food / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.03.2015 21:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

If only they knew to chew!

I have got to say that I am a bit smug when it comes to my dogs' health checks at the vets that are given alongside their annual vaccination boosters. I am quite proud of my three little dogs and like to think that they are in the best of health for their age, so you can imagine my surprise when I was given a mild ticking off for the tartar that had built up around their teeth.
      Although their teeth do see a toothbrush, my dogs aren't exactly pleased to give it access to their gnashers so I started to think about letting these Dentastix loose on their teeth as well.
      There are sizes to suit all dogs and different size packs as well depending on how many you are likely to use.
      While I'm sure Dentastix are a healthy treat, I don't think my dogs quite knew what to do with them. One minute they were there, the next they were gone. The following day I'd be finding them behind the cushions, under their bedding or shoved down the side of the armchair, totally unchewed and intact.
      Dentastix are firm to the touch and are an unusual shape which must help to scrape all the bad stuff from the dogs teeth, but I'm afraid my little gang thought it was just a rather uninteresting toy, destined to be hidden away so as not to offend 'mum.'
      I think it would have been more successful to start using these sticks when the dogs were younger so that they grew up with them rather than trying to introduce them later, so for now, it's back to the toothbrush.

30.03.2015 21:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Green Tea is a tasteful brew.

I was bought this Green Tea eau de toilette by my parents as a gift from duty free after their holiday. I hadn't tried it before so it was a good way of giving me a chance to sample something away from my usual favourites.
      Initially I wouldn't have said that the fragrance was very me, but after a few wears I became used to the fresh pretty scent and it also became a favourite daytime choice.
      The bottle, with its delicate pale green design, portrays the product really well. Elizabeth Arden have created a light, feminine fragrance with sweet tea and subtle fruity notes which echo spring showers. This is a fragrance which whispers rather than shouts and is light enough to be spritzed generously.
      I would avoid strong deodorants or bath products when planning to wear this fragrance as it could easily be tainted or overpowered which would spoil the effect.
      While this scent is inoffensive enough to suit anyone, I would say that I couldn't imagine it being a first choice for my early twenty-something daughter who would probably go for something a bit more quirky and distinctive.
      I have seen this spray for around £14 for the 100ml bottle and I am sure that it would make a welcome gift for a friend. As an extra treat, there is also a matching shower gel and body lotion available.
      While other fragrances scream attention, this pretty subtle spray is ideal for a lunch date with friends, school concert or any occasion when you want your scent to be nice rather than noticed.

30.03.2015 21:09

Advantages

• "Good quality photos"
      • "Nice design"

Disadvantages

• "Poor battery life"

Great camera for beginners

My grandmother was using over 20 years a classic camera and I felt it is a time for change it and be more modern. So I bought her for her birthday this Fujifilm Finepix JX 580. This camera seemed to be very basic which is ideal for a person (like my grandmother) who is a first time digital camera user. This Fujifilm Finepix JX 580 was purchased just for over £70 from Amazon. It comes in a vibrant blue color so it is always easy to find.
      The camera offers a resolution of 16 megapixel and 5x optical zoom. It has a huge LCD display (that is great for my grandmother that she can see everything clearly even without glasses) and all the colors are very bright and clear. The camera operates with rechargable Li-on battery - the battery life is very poor, we gave the camera a test during day and already at 3pm the battery life was nearly over.
      The camera is very thin and light, which was a very pleasant change from her older device.
      The camera is very easy to use, even my grandmother, who never used a digital camera before, was able to take pictures and download them on computer in one day alone without my help.
      The quality of the pictures is quite good, especially short distance non action photos are very clear.
      This camera would not be something for me, however it was a perfect match for my grandmother. This is a perfect camera for beginners.
      I would recommend this item.

30.03.2015 20:52

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • "Looks nice"

Disadvantages

• "xD card"
      • "Not for action pictures"

Good old Fuji camera

I bought this Fujifilm Finepix S5000 digital camera more than ten years ago to take it on my vacations to Asia. Back in 2004 the phone pictures were still bad quality so I needed to invest in a proper camera to keep my memories alive.
      The camera offers 2.1 megapixel, ten times optical zoom lens and 2.2x digital zoom. The camera looks very stylish (even after all these years) and is quite light as well - including four AA batteries, this camera weights only 430 grams. On the top of the camera are the control buttons and flash. The camera has a 1.5 inch LCD display, which is big enough for every occasional photographer like myself.

The camera takes very clear pictures of not moving objects. So it is ideal for sightseeing and taking pictures of historical monuments. However after my experience the camera is nor suitable for more action pictures - like capturing sports events - since the pictures came out quite blurry. You can choose between four scene selections. The camera supports JPEG and RAW formats.

This digital camera is very easy to synchronize with a computer, the initial setup took me no more than ten minutes. All pictures are stored on xD Card so unless you have a card reader for this specific card, you always need to carry a cable with you to connect the camera to the computer.

I do not use this camera (however I still have it at home) anymore but it served me well on several trips. They are nowadays definitely better cameras on the market but I do not regret the purchase at all.

30.03.2015 20:00

Advantages

• "Hair looks in good condition"
      • "Smells good"
      • Cheap
      • Simple
      • "Easy to use"
      • "Hair looks incredibly glossy"

Disadvantages

A great hair dye that leaves hair feeling and looking healthy

I am one of those people who get incredibly bored with hair, fast. I was looking to try something new and I stumbled across Loreal Casting Creme Gloss and with the reviews from my friends I decided to purchase; best decision ever ! This was my first experience dying my hair and it went so much better than I could have imagined. The colour is absolutely beautiful and after the dye was washed off I noticed how glossy my hair looked. It most definitely provides a salon finish; I recommend to everyone. The product itself is easy to apply and use, although I do recommend having a friend help you as it is difficult to do the back of your head; I learnt this the hard way, oops. The product smells good and leaves hair looking revitalised and healthy. The product is semi-permanent, a factor which was important when buying the product as I have already stated I'm very indecisive when it comes to hair, however, I dyed my hair 5 months ago and the product has faded only slight. I consider this both an advantage and disadvantage in the product. Overall, the product was worth the money I paid and resulted in a professional looking hair colour which was easy to apply and remove myself. Plus, the conditioner included in the box is the best I have EVER used, you need it in your life! It feels like baby kittens, and I have searched high and low for this stuff but its unfindable. Lastly, I suggest deep conditioning your hair often to ensure minimum damage and breakage but to conclude, I would strongly suggest buying this product if you are in the market for a hair dye.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown