• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.07.2016 09:01

Advantages

• "Great specs at great prices"

Disadvantages

• "Build status wasn't updated until contacted support "

Would recommend and will use again.

Ordered a new PC from PC Specialist and it's great! You can pick your exact specs depending on your usage and the price is really competitive. There's also a great friendly community to discuss your spec or any issues and they certainly helped me out worth some suggestions. After ordering only issue was build status wasnt updated on the website but after contacting support it was all updated and the PC was with me in just a couple of days!

30.07.2016 08:19

Advantages

• "Boiler Water Tank Capacity:1 litre"
      • "Steam Pressure:4.5 bar"
      • "Sole Plate Type:Durillium"
      • "Continuous Steam Output:90 g/min"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

Really good iron

I have had a number of Philips perfect care steam generator irons and have also had the luxury of trying the Tefal GV8960 alongside previous Tefal models. This is the Pro version and reasonably compact for a steam generator which is good news for home users with space at a premium.

Use is slightly more involved than the Philips ones but it gives you more control over heat with delicate/normal/jeans modes. Or low/medium/high. And there's also the auto optimal temp that balances the steam and heat to give the best combination depending on the task at hand.

The build quality of the Tefal is really very good and it is finished in a really pleasant blue and white combination.

The iron is extremely easy to use with three straight forward settings; Normal, Delicate and Jeans, offering a simple and effective range of temperatures that are needed to remove creases from all types of fabric. The iron itself is light and there’s no more achy hands from having to press down too hard to remove creases either. It also features a precision shaped tip for manoeuvring the iron around awkward parts of clothing such as buttons.

There is a vertical steam function which allows you to use the iron like a steamer and remove creases from hanging garments or curtains with ease. The Glide Protect Autoclean soleplate cleans itself, and after a month of use, I have not seen so much as a mark on any clothes that I have ironed (unlike my conventional iron).

30.07.2016 07:39

Advantages

• "very good taste and rapid absorbtion"
      • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

Better than tablets

Being told I had a Vitamin D suffiency , I was asked to take at least 1000 iu daily, ideally 5000 iu. Well, the tablets I took caused me unbearable stomache burning . I then reduced to the tolerable dosis of 200 iu which, to be frank, was better than nothing, but did not have the desired effect. Then I found the spray !
      Now, one spray is an impressive 1000 iu, under the tongue, straight absorbed into the blood. No more stomache discomfort,Genius. I have got one spray at home and one in my handbag and manage to get at least 5 sprays if not more a day.

30.07.2016 07:13

Advantages

• "Good Price to Quality Ratio"
      • "Easy to Use"
      • "Durable Design"
      • "Operates Effectively"

Disadvantages

• "The Cable is a Bit Short"

Great value product, cuts grass and collects it.

After a short amount of research I plumped for the Flymo Chevron 34 VC, because it seemed the best compromise on price vs functionality from the wide range of reviews out there.
      My old Flymo Compact Vision 330 had failed and with the repair cost of around £30 ( drive frame snapped ), it seemed to make more sense to put this towards a new machine.
      OK, onto the machine, which arrived a day early, make sure you check your order status, mine was out for delivery a day earlier than I had expected!
      The assembly instructions are not the best, but with reference to the pictures on the box, it really is a 10 minute experience, with the collection box and lid taking longer to line up and snap together than anything else!
      Used once so far, really good cut, collection worked well, cable a bit too short, but of course an extension lead fix' s that.
      I expect to have a shorter lawn this year, as the old hover mower never cut short well and needed the blade removing and extra spacers putting in to raise / lower the cut, this new one with a 5 stage height adjustment on the rear wheels is just ridiculously easy to adjust for each cut and on my first experience it collected 2 box fills with no effort at all.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.07.2016 02:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great product, prompt service.

Recently ordered a new customised Proteus laptop from PCspecialist. Really pleased with the machine runs well and looks great. Only negative is thetouchpad buttons are quite firm one side which can be a minor annoyance when not using a mouse.

29.07.2016 11:28

Advantages

• "Well packaged"
      • "Good quality control"
      • "Very fast laptop"
      • "Very good communication at all stages"
      • "Fast delivery"
      • "Nice Looking"
      • "Very robust"

Disadvantages

• "Needs some tweeking to run with Ubuntu 16.04"

Overall an excellent product from a very well organised company.

The process of ordering the laptop from pcspecialist is very slick and it is easy to customise the hardware in the laptop. As the laptop is specially built this obviously takes longer than just shipping an off the shelf laptop. The company were excellent at keeping in touch at very step of the way with email and text messages stating the process of building and testing the laptop. It also helps that the company uses a very good courier to ship their products which added to an excellent service with the laptop being delivered in the hour specified by the courier.

The laptop proved to be very robust and well built and just as importantly extremely fast. The only problem I have had with it was with installing Ubuntu 16.04 on it. I had ordered the laptop with no operating system and I had assumed that as I had specified that it would run linux that there would be no problems with the hardware. In the event the only problem I has was with the trackpad which initially did not work on install and I had to plug in USB mouse. I managed to get the trackpad working by altering the boot parameters on for anyone else with the same problem here is the fix I used:

Edit /etc/default/grub line 11 to look like this:
      GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset"
      Then run update-grub

29.07.2016 10:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

purchase there products, really reliable company and such a great service

I recommend to but a product from PC Specialist. They can be really reliable when building your PC as they tell you how far it is from production and if your not that confident in building your PC or Laptop yourself there will build it for you which I found to be really helpful.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      29.07.2016 10:47

Advantages

• "Well packaged"
      • "Good quality control"
      • "Very fast laptop"
      • "Very good communication at all stages"
      • "Fast delivery"
      • "Nice Looking"
      • "Very robust"

Disadvantages

• "Needs some tweeking to run with Ubuntu 16.04"

Overall an excellent product from a very well organised company.

Edit /etc/default/grub line 11 to look like this:
      GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset"
      Then run update-grub

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      29.07.2016 10:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

Purchase there products

Recommend to purchase a desktop from PC Specialist. They are really reliable in building your PC if your not confident in building it yourself as I was.

29.07.2016 09:41

Advantages

• "Good delivery"
      • "Good build quality"
      • "Easy to use website"

Disadvantages

• "Pre production took longer than expected however after that it was very fast"

Really good service, would use again and would recommend to anyone.

I was looking to get a new computer in order to play games on. I was looking on amazon for gaming computers and I was looking at the reviews of them and people were saying how I should "build it myself." So I decided that I was going to do that.

However I had no idea what I needed and if everything I planned to get would fit together or not. So I came across pc specialist.

Website is very easy to use. Just pick each part from the drop down menu and the price adds up at the side. It also tells you if everything will be compatible or not. For example, i originally put the SSD as the secondary drive instead of the primary, and it told me that it would be best to do it the other way round.

So when I'd saved up enough, I ordered the PC. Waiting process if good, you can check where your order is at next to your order number in the orders tab, and there is a flow chart underneath telling you how long each stage is supposed to take. Mine took longer than it should've in the pre production stage. However after that it was very quick, and arrived a day after dispatch.

So I opened up the box and they had given me all the drivers and manuals i needed with all the parts I had which was good. And then I got the pc out, opened it up, took out the foam to stop it getting damaged, and had a look at everything in there. Everything was fitted securely, and everything I'd ordered was in there.

So I turned the computer on, and they use a trial of windows 10 to run tests to make sure that everything is aorking properly before they send it out. I originally was going to use windows 7, however I couldnt find how to downgrade. So I entered a code for windows 10 (get microsoft software free with college) and downloaded all the programs I needed. Every game I play runs perfectly, Overwatch gets 60-70 fps on best settings!

Overall very pleased with PCSpecialist and the PC. Would recommend to anyone.

29.07.2016 09:32

Advantages

• "Really good service overall"
      • "Everything working as it should"
      • "Really good build Quality"

Disadvantages

• "Took a while to get past pre production however it was very quick after that"

Excellent service, would use again and I'd recommend to anyone.

Overall very pleased with PCSpecialist and the PC. Would recommend to anyone.

• Robot Wars / TV Programme / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.07.2016 15:16

Advantages

• "Good show"

Disadvantages

• "13-year break"

Its back!

Robot Wars is back! It’s been 13-years since the last series and I love it! Although not remotely a geek myself it was essential viewing back in the day and I tuned in for the new show last Sunday with high hopes for a return to form. It’s on BBC2 in the Top Gear slot and got a 10% audience share compared to 8.8% for the final Top Gear with Chris Evans. Somewhat ironically Jeremy Clarkson presented the first ever Robot Wars. Geek TV does surprisingly good numbers, the Big Bang Theory, for example, getting 3 million on E4. Although the new show is almost the same as the old version in format so far it doesn’t have the magic Craig Charles and sexy Phillippa Forester bought to it, PC Britain today very different to the late 1990s. Although a family show you always felt those two got up to all sorts when the camera was turned off and Craig no doubt snorted a line or two off Sir Chromealot, one of the series most noted robots over the years. What the young teen geek boys wanted to do with Phillippa certainly involved tinkering with her circuit boards. Today she sells double glazing on TV for Anglia Windows. Sadly glamour girl Julia Reed took over hosting after Craig was photographed using a bong in a taxi and the series died a death on Channel 5. That was the wrong kind of chemistry the show producers were looking for. But bringing geek Dara O’Brien in as host for the new season may not work either as he is one of those geeks and you always felt Charles and Phillippa worked because they were so not one of those roboteers. There were some very strange robot teams and mechanics. Angela Scanion is this season token totty.

===Quote===

Craig Charles - ….’On the first day, I was in the dressing room and looking in the mirror, and looking down at the arena. And they were pulling the robots into the arena on an invisible twine because nothing was working. And I was thinking: "Oh my God, what have I done with my career?" And you know, within the blink of an eye, it was the most watched show on BBC2….’

===The Box Set===

It covers all BBC content only, from Clarkson in series one to Jayne Middlemass and the American hybrid season where the UK did battle with the US and other countries. There were other spin offs around the six BBC series but not all included here. I recall that Clarkson spent most of the first season taking the pi** of the contestants and so Craig Charles was bought in off the back of his Red Dwarf geek success as Clarkson returned to Top Gear. Phillippa, of course, was the good girl from Tomorrows World and shamelessly there to get dads and sons to tune into her strategically placed zipper. The monotone football commentator Jonathan Pearce added an extra dimension to the show and much better at calling robot scraps than football games. The show also had a three person judging panel, Strictly style, consisting of geek Gods Noel Sharkey (head judge on every series: 1998–2003, 2016), Eric Dickinson, Adam Harper), Martin Smith (1999–2003) and Mat Irvine (2001–03). An Asian one was added to the new series for diversity reasons. These guys were called in to make a decision if the robots were still active after the time elapsed and decision made on points on who won.

===The Rules===

Various arenas over the various seasons would see familiar and not so familiar robots do battle behind super toughened fiber glass shields. They were remote controlled from a box by the team, robot kit like power hammers, saws, crushers and flame throwers so to destroy their fellow robots. Often they would do exactly that and metal and cogwheels would fly everywhere. The arena floor would have booby taps like pits, fire traps, steam powered flippers and spikes to further hamper the robots and then if they strayed or were pushed into the wrong areas the house robots would join in the scrap. The most famous robots included Panic Attack, Chaos 2, Razor, Pussycat, Anvil, Firestorm and Tornado. There was a tournament with robots going out and then a trophy at the end of the season.

===Characters===

Kim Davies of Panic Attack was the best controller and would win the trophy a lot. Teams were mostly geeks and often eccentric. George Francis of Chaos 2, the big rivals of the above, was very strange and part boy and part girl. He/she sort of got stuck in puberty. Craig Charles looked bemused talking to him, sizing up whether he should shag it or ask if it has a willy and a virgina. We never had any ethnic characters I can recall and very much a white middle - class father\son thing. But the robots are the real stars and the combination of the two works really well.

===Verdict===

It’s well worth buying the boxset. This is essentially viewing, even if you watched it all 13-years ago. It’s just very entertaining in a way very few shows can achieve, the Strictly Come Dancing of the new Millennium. Craig Charles is out there somewhere and should be reemployed on a show somehow.

The boxset is packed full of things to watch and plenty of extras. There are 4 discs in total. Some behind - the –scenes - stuff is quite revealing as you can see everyone is mates behind those scenes and the boys even flirting with girls! Outakes are quite funny and a spoof audio commentary isn’t that funny. There are hours and hours of stuff to watch that didn’t make the TV, which includes swearing. Geeks swearing is rather strange,

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2016 12:57

Advantages

• "Go out of their way to meet your needs"
      • "Helpful Staff"
      • "Online Chat Facility"

Disadvantages

Fantastic Service from Wayne

We were looking to purchase an item that had a limited quantity per customer. We used the Online Chat facility and spoke to Wayne who was extremely helpful. He went out of his way to see that we could buy the desired quantity we needed and also at the discounted price. The service was great from start to finish with prompt communication from Wayne in order to ensure the order was processed smoothly. Thank you for your help.

• Plantronics HW251N/A / Headset / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2016 07:23

Advantages

• " or other VoIP telephony platforms"
      • " or when using Skype"
      • "Demonstrates excellent quality on your PC"
      • "Works well with standard telephones and systems"
      • "The HW251N is a wideband headset"
      • "Noise cancelling (Ideal for busy offices)"
      • "Ideal for most business environments"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

Produce good quality audio

For wearing comfort the Plantronics HW251N headset is supplied with good sized foam ear cushions that are designed for wearing for long periods of time. The microphone boom is on a pivot, so you can move it out of the way when not in use (or when you’re drinking a cup of coffee!) All the Plantronics HW range of headsets including the HW251N have a lead from the headset to a QD (quick disconnect clip) which connects to a bottom lead that in turn connects to the phone or PC. This enables the user to unclip the headset and move around, without having to take the headset off every time.
      Overall the speaker and microphone produce good quality audio, and the lightweight nature of the headset makes it comfortable and easy to wear for continuous periods of time.

28.07.2016 07:08

Advantages

• "Up to 20-hours playback via dry cell (AAx4) batteries"
      • "Speakerphone function"
      • " go-anywhere sound"
      • Portable
      • "One-touch Bluetooth pairing with NFC"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

Awesome and superior

To begin with, I am an introductory audiophile. I own many sets of high end headphones and have researched the specifics for listening to music. While I might not be the "end-all-be-all" of hi-fi knowledge, I can tell you that this was an awesome purchase. It sounds great, and performs even better. No, it doesn't have a rechargeable battery, but it does give you more than you could ever hope from a Bluetooth speaker. No, it doesn't cost $400+, but it sounds like it.
      Great speaker. It looks and sounds really nice. Not a boom box by any means, but loud enough to take out by the pool without upsetting the neighbors. I really appreciate the AC/DC versitality. I use rechargeable AAA so it doesn't bother me to use it on battery power. I bought this after my Bose died unexpectedly. Thought I would most likely be disappointed. But I'm really not. It's a fun speaker and I can do so much more with it than the Bose. Sound quality is very good so I don't feel at all disappointed. I'm very happy I choose this speaker!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown