• Rekorderlig Strawberry-Lime Cider / Beer / Cider / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.08.2014 20:45

Advantages

• "Delicious "

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Delicious and refreshing

I am sorry to say that as a teenager I participated in a bit of underage drinking. With cider being one of the cheapest drinks around lets say I overindulgent in cider a bit too much as a teenager. Like many I am sure this put me off drinking cider, I thought this would be for life but then new amazing flavours have been brought out.

After my overindulging in really cheap cider as a teenager even the smell of apple cider is enough to make me quesy. As a result it was not easy for me to build up the courage to try some flavoured ciders. One day I gave in and tried some mixed fruit cider that a friend was drinking. I was really pleasantly surprised. This tasted absolutely nothing like the £1.50 a litre of white lighhtening that I was expecting, it was really refreshing and delicious. After my first taste of flavoured ciders I have tried a few different brands and flavours.

One night out for a family meal I fancied a flavoured cider. The resturant that we in only sold Rekordderling Strawberry andd Lime cider. I had never heard of the brand Rekorderlig before but thought I would give it a go and I was definately not ddisapointedd.

I thought that Rekorderlig looked really good and like a rural natural product that was premium. This cider tastes really refreshing and it really quenches your thrust. It goes down so easily it could be dangerous a bit like some cocktails as you can easily forget that it is alcoholic.

Rekorderlig is now one of my favourite ciders. All flavoured ciders seem a bit expensive to me at about £2 per bottle in the local supermarket and believe me you will not want to stop at just one bottle!

• Ibis (London Euston) / Hotel National / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      27.08.2014 20:20

Advantages

• "Free wifi "

Disadvantages

• "Poor decor "
      • "Not clean"

Less than average

Whilst passing through London earlier this week we stayed for a night at the Ibis Euston hotel. I previously stayed at an Ibis hotel in Southampton and was not too impressed at the average hotel and I had already booked this one before going to stay in Southampton. I had hoped that it would improve being in London but it just got worse.

The hotel is conveniently close to the train station but it did take us a while to find it as we didn't know where we were going. When we entered the hotel it was a lovely modern open space with the reception, bar and a seating area, having been to the Southampton one though we knew not to expect the modern and up to dateness to last throughout the hotel. As the door of the lifts opened we followed the same dreadful poppy carpet to our room.

We had booked two rooms an we were inconveniently placed on different floors. I had the room for disabled people which I was not happy with meaning I had red strings to pull for assistance all over the room. The room looked bland being mostly white and was really small with not much room in other than for the bed. The bathroom was massive compared to the room.

Other than the bed, the room had a good sized television, desk and mirror as well as a kettle with tea and coffee. I would like to say the room was clean but I can't be certain as I found nail clippings on the floor at the end of the bed, (considering I found a penny on the floor of the Southampton Ibis it makes me doubt how often they actually Hoover a room!)

The hotel did have free wifi which was an advantage but I don think I would stay at an Ibis again (sadly I think I have booked the Ibis for our next stay in London but after that we will not stay there any longer.) The hotel (or chains of them as it seems) are not the best at all and are less than average, I would much rather stay at a clean and comfy Travelodge or Premier Inn any day.

• Corsair CX600 / PC Power Supply / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      27.08.2014 20:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great PSU - Reliable and Trustworthy

Just bought this power supply and so far no issues. It is great for a power supply when upgrading your computer and fits in the case well. I don't hear any noise from my computer, and it is basically unnoticeable. My last one was dying and made my computer restart so this was a nice change.

Pros:
      * Quiet
      * Get's the job done
      * Trustworthy (don't have to worry about it breaking)
      * Is a well known Brand that delivers quality

Cons:
      * Might be hard to put together if you are not familiar with computers and power supplies. It doesn't have all the cords connected so if you don't know what you are doing it is easy to miss a plug.

Overall I am very happy with this and have been using this power supply for about 6 months now. Haven't had any issues and I was even able to upgrade my graphics card to something more powerful.

The price isn't too bad and you can usually get one off Amazon for rather cheap (mine was 60 at the time, but prices fluctuate.) I recommend buying strictly from Amazon supported companies if you are going used, otherwise buy new. The price might be a little higher, but I feel that it is worth it to be assured it is going to work and not break within a few weeks.

Not much else to add, if you are looking to upgrade your PSU than buy this. Make sure it is the correct wattage, but for low - mid range computers it should be fine.

27.08.2014 19:57

Advantages

• "Lightweight and easy to apply "

Disadvantages

• "Can rub off and not much in tube "

An adequate concealer but not waterproof

===The Product===

Comes in a black shrink wrapped tube with a pull off cap.
      Is a solid stick of twist up concealer.
      Made in Poland.
      Comes in three shades; Fair, Medium or Dark.
      'Lightweight, oil-free and blends easily.'

===Cost===

7 but I paid 4 on offer.

===My Opinion===

This is a stick of pressed concealer in a twist up tube.

The tube is over 3 inches long but when you twist up the stick you only get about and inch of product.

The tube is light weight and easy to carry. The top of the concealer is slanted so it is easier to apply a small amount.

For 7 pounds I think this is very expensive but an ok product when on offer.

It may look as though you are not getting a lot for your money but a little goes a long way and you only use a tiny amount each time. Though I do not see why the packaging has to be so deceptive.

The concealer itself comes in three shades and I use the light as I am quite pale.

It is easy to apply and then needs ot be blended in gently with your fingertips. I use it on any blemishes and a mole I have. The consistency is quite creamy and soft and covers quite well. Though it remains in that creamy state and does not dry on your skin so if you rub your face with your hands it will come off. It also tends to disappear through the day. This is not waterproof and tends to disappear on its own.

Not the best concealer In have tried but it is reasonable for everyday use and its lightweight and easy to carry with you and reapply.

===Star Rating===

4 stars.

===Would I Recommend?===

===Website===

www.avonshop.co.uk

27.08.2014 19:35

Advantages

• "theres often wet 'n' wild coupons "
      • price

Disadvantages

• "not sold in all stores"
      • quality

wet 'n' wild dosent always have the best quality but you get alot for your

I've pretty much been using Wet 'n' wild sense i started using makeup. there are good and bad things to it. the price of wet n wild is usauly pretty reasonable, plus the product often has great coupons. i use thier bronzer and powder coverup which i really like not because it has better quality but because it contains alot more powder than some other brands therefor it last longer saving me money. ive also used their nail polishes which for the most part are fairly nice with the exeption of thier glitter polishes the polishes with the confetti mixture is very watery and dosent show up very well theres even some that make a gross brown or green color on your nails. i tried thier lipsticks as well im not a fan of lip stain but i do enjoy lipstick. my favorite color is the cashmere i wear it almost everyday the only bad thing about this is that that color is often sold out so when i do find it i buy all they have. i usally dont use thier mascara but thats just because i prefer my favorite mascaras which is butteryfly lash, manga eyes, and scandal eyes. however i do use thier Perfect pair eyeshadow wand and i absolutly love it my favorite is the champaigne number 113. and lastly ive used thier mega eyes liner marker i was so dissapointed by this product i bought it becase i have a hard time applying eyeliner. when i went to use it the tip was completly dried out so at first i thought maybe i just bought an open one so i went back and bought two more and this time made sure they were both completly sealed ad they were when i went home i tried them and once again both dried out so i thought maybe i was doing somthing wrong so i went online and searched for the products application directions to see if maybe i was suposse to dip it in water or flip the tip or somthing to get it started and i came up with nothing the directions just said to apply in a strait line above and below lashes. i do not sujust that product.

27.08.2014 19:17

Advantages

• "Tasty food"

Disadvantages

• "Not many seats indoors."

Great Food Range!

I have only just discovered this place after snubbing it for years, thinking it was akin to Starbucks or Costa Coffee where I was used to overpriced and uninspired food choices. In fact Pret-A-Manger trumps these places as a coffee shop and food-to-go or outlet. As a sit in café it's not quite as ambient or as relaxing as similar big chain outlets, however.

I live near Newcastle and I've visited three Prets in this area (Northumberland Street, Grainger Street and Fenwicks indoors). All of them have quite small indoor seating areas with not many tables available but in a couple of these outlets outdoor seats are available too. Where there is space inside the seats are reasonably comfy and the tables quite roomy. They also have tall stool type seats, often by the windows where it can be easier for one person parties to sit.

I was incredibly surprised the first time I visited Pret as the food selection was so much better than I thought it would be. Firstly, there is a huge range of sandwiches. The varieties are interesting and healthy with an emphasis on ethics and with admirable environmental policies. A soup range is also available. They also have a great fresh or pre-wrapped cake range. I absolutely adore their banana cake with cream cheese topping! They also have snacks of nuts, dried fruits and crisps in addition to things like healthy chocolate bars, rice cakes, fruit and nut granola bars and yoghurts. They now offer dairy free items too.

They even have their own cold drink range which is delicious and as natural as they can make it. Flavours like Hibiscus are really unusual and tasty. The staff at Pret always make me feel welcome and they make a mean cup of coffee. I also am partial to the Pret Hot Chocolate which has a smooth foamy cream top. Delicious!

The reason I keep returning to Pret rather than to other outlets is that I find the food range far superior here than anywhere else that offers similar café meals. I find the prices to be on the expensive side although I'm happy to pay a little extra for better quality food. There is also an eat in or eat out pricing policy which you should notice marked on the price tags in store. I will definitely be returning as I enjoy the type of food available here. I would recommend Pret to people who want a healthier, more interesting option at lunch time.

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      27.08.2014 18:59

Advantages

• "Great reductions. Top brands. Speedy delivery. Great Communication if needed."

Disadvantages

Share your Secret Sales with all your friends.

I have lost count of all the orders I have placed with Secret Sales since I joined last year. Definitely the best thing I have done in a long time. I have saved a small fortune and bought some amazing items. I am always being asked where I have got my latest buy from and I tell everyone to get on The Secret Sales site. I buy nearly all the gifts I need to buy on this site. I don't know what I would do without it.

27.08.2014 18:10

Advantages

• "Water resistant"
      • Affordable
      • "Stick well"

Disadvantages

Affordable, easy to stick, and water resistance that works!

Personally, I like these plasters; they have the benefit of water resistance, whilst sticking to the skin in a similar fashion to fabric plasters; best of both worlds! They are well made, with strong material keeping the plaster from disintegrating or similar.

The price is reasonably good; I have paid around £2.50 for these plasters and for that you get an assorted box of 40. Be warned though, they come in all shapes and sizes, so don't expect 40 of the large ones because you will be sadly disappointed! There are some small round plasters and small rectangles as well as the normal sized and large ones.

They do not need to be changed very frequently as they are highly absorbent and do not peel away from the skin easily. They are easy to apply and leave no sticky residue when removed. They are particularly good for cuts as their high absorbency means you can stop bleeding and also provide a water resistant barrier so you can carry on with your day and keep the area dry and clean.

The Elastoplast brand always gives me a sense that the product will be of high quality, and these plasters are no exception. Some might find them a little pricey but I think it is evident that you are paying for the quality here.

Overall, I would definitely recommend these plasters to others, particularly for use on cuts and to create a water resistant barrier from infection, which does not need changing particularly frequently.

27.08.2014 16:40

Advantages

• "saves money on hair cuts"
      • "cuts well"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "none really"

Bob the Barber is not happy at all now

It looks like any other hair trimmer, with the cutting teeth at the front, one set running over another set, which the hair on your head, (or where ever you're trimming), gets in between to the crossing of the teeth and trims it off.
      The on/off switch is on the right side toward the rear end, with the cable coming right out of the rear. This is ideal as the cable does not get tangle up as you go about using the trimmer on your head.
      Just behind the teeth head there is a little lever, this is to give a fraction of a mm to the cutting edges, moving the lever up and down in order to give a finer cut.

It is only about 60mm wide making it easy to grip and manoeuvre around your head. The length of it is about 170mm long so your hand is not in the way of the trimming area.

You not only get the hair trimmer, you also get 8 cutting combs, a normal comb, a pair of scissors and a nose hair trimmer. Plus a lovely case to keep it all in.

These cutting combs are there to give you a choice of hair lengths, from totally shaved, with no comb attached, to 25mm, with the largest comb fitted. I tend to stick with the 12mm and the 9mm, using the 12mm first if I've let my hair grow for too long. But I stick with the 9mm as I find that the right length.
      These cutting combs simple slide on to the front of the teeth, locking the little catch on the back of the cutting head.
      Job done.

The teeth don't seem sharp but the way that the top layer slide over the bottom layer you'd think that they were razor sharp, the way that it trims section of my hair with just an easy push across my scalp.
      It is pretty quiet, compared to some i've used, although when it touches the skull bone it does seem louder than it actually is.

I do advise spraying some sort of lubricant over the teeth and where the cutting head joins the main handle section. This helps keep the cutting head nice and smooth running, ready for the next cut. (I use WD40, spray a bit over the head and away I go)
      The price of these hair trimmers is about £20 - £25 from any good sellers.
      I've not used the nose trimmer but it's there if you need it.

27.08.2014 16:32

Advantages

• Swashbuckling
      • "Fun and funny"
      • "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Disadvantages

Brilliant and swashbuckling

I love Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. The first film of the series, this was the film which introduced us to Elizabeth Swan, William Turner, and the amazing, irreverent Captain Jack Sparrow.

It's Jack who stands out in this film, played the brilliant genius that is Johnny Depp, Jack is just the right mixture of feeling and apathy. He also has some fantastic one liners and an excellent costume, make-up, et al.

And of course, this is a fantastic swashbuckler (or, as I like to say, squashbuckler, because I'm clearly three years old,) of a film, of the type to make the great Errol Flynn or Tyrone Power proud. Swordfights and cursed pirates - the stuff that Hollywood blockbusters were essentially invented for.

I do find Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley a little wooden at times (this is more Orlando Bloom than Keira Knightley,) but generally give sufficient performances. Geoffrey Rush clearly enjoys playing the villainous Barbossa, and does so to a giddy crescendo. The supporting cast all play their part well, but it is clearly Depp who leads the charge and becomes such an iconic character as a result.

Of course, kids will also love this - there's nothing kids like better than pirates, villains, curses (the mystical kind as opposed to the verbal kind,) and swordfights. This remains one of my favourite films, and one of Disney's stand out blockbusters of the modern era - if you haven't seen it, I advise you buy it, rent it, borrow it, whatever - but see it! There are usually a few second-hand copies floating around the internet or second-hand shops if you're stuck.

27.08.2014 15:25

Advantages

• "easy to wear"
      • comfortable
      • "easy to see how much is left through the clear plastic container. "

Disadvantages

• "Colour Range Poor"
      • "Comes off on hanky"
      • "Can be tricky to clean off"

Good Foundation at a good price

” Silky-soft fluid formula covers fine lines and built-in serum with SPF 15* helps protect your skin from the sun. *with daily use”. The product is available in six similar warm shades. Max Factor have alienated those with pale or dark skin.

Packaged in eleven centimetre tubular plastic container with black lid/push down dispense, product is supplied in a handy and the pump action also has a base that brings the product upwards in the container so that none is wasted and it is easy to see how much is left through the clear plastic container.

I applied it using my fingertips in an upwards and outwards motion and was pleased enough with the results, my skin felt comfortable and it was easy to blend in so that I could lose the line easily. However, I noticed it did not really work well under my eyes and it seemed to accentuate the slight darkness and bagginess there at the time.

Over time though I grew used to the product and if I noticed my lower eye was crepe or dark I just had to remember to apply a concealer. I also noticed that it would come off of my nose easily if I needed to wipe it or blow it within about the first hour of application.

MaxFactor claims:

1. To deliver instant medium to high coverage
      2. To improve skin tones

As well as having these attributes: Anti-aging; Brightening; Concealing; Flawless; Natural; Radiant; Day-time; Day-to-night; Natural; Silky (accessed August 2014).

I have to agree that this product does live up to the main claims and would add that it is comfortable and easy to wear, I just set it with a face powder and it is ready to go. My tone whilst wearing the product in the right shade looks good and even, but not overly made up.

I rarely suffer breakouts these days apart from the odd blemish around a certain time of the month and my skin is a healthy “normal”. However, as I stay out of the sun and use high SPF my skin is pale and can also suffer with a bit of dullness when the heating first goes on at work. So I have fairly easy needs for a foundation, but still found some make my skin look like orange peel or give a drawn appearance. Not so this 2in1. I am pleased with how it boost and lifts my skins tone whilst I am wearing it.

The Ageless Elixir is supposed to be a 2in1 foundation/serum product, but I didn’t notice serum advantages, as a foundation it’s a favourite product. Featuring SPF15, always find this an advantage in a facial product. SPF protects against the suns harmful rays and against free radicals, therefore anything that helps my skin battle against the pressures of modern living without harm has to be good.

Creates a nice even finish easily and a natural look. However, friend persuaded to buy the “Natural” shade when preferred “Ivory” out of stock surprised how much darker it made my face, how much more difficult to create an invisible line along my jaw/neckline.

This product stays well all day apart from if I have a cold or under my eyes if I cry or my eyes water for any reason. Removing it using a normal cleanser not always sufficient ending up with some on my towel. I do find that a quick sweep with eye make-up remover or using a toner ensures removal.

The foundation has a really nice fragrance, that boosts confidence after application as it is so pleasing and uplifting. Not only do you look good, but you feel good too.

Priced at around the 12.99 I would suggest that this product represents excellent value for money available from Boots and other MaxFactor outlets.

I have bought this a few times since the initial trial product and I know friends and colleagues who took advantage of their samples ad vouchers were pleased too. Like me, some find that the lightest shade is the best and I know a Spanish colleague found that non she tried on a trip to Boots would work on her skin tone. I have not known anyone who needs other than the “Ivory” or “Natural” shades.

I recommend this MaxFactor 2in1 ageless elixir foundation as a good daily use foundation. I’m not sure about the anti-aging claims, but I have always found it lovely to use as long as I have the right shade. Otherwise, like so many it is unforgiving.

Stars: 4/5

27.08.2014 15:09

Advantages

• "Matte without drying lips"
      • Opaque
      • "Long lasting"
      • "High quality finish"
      • Afforable

Disadvantages

An affordable natural lipstick worth investing in

Good afternoon everybody!

I own a few of the matte lipsticks by Kate Moss for Rimmel but shade 101 is by far my favourite colour. A light, dusky and smooth soft pink which is natural enough to wear during the day without being too in your face but striking enough to catch peoples attention.

The pigmentation in 101 is incredible. One swatch delivers an opaque and velvety finish and from here onwards you can continue to build up the colour for a more intense pink without the lipstick becoming cakey or dry on your lips.

I wouldn't say the lipstick is completely matte, probably more semi matte as there is a little glow after applying but this doesn't take away from the beauty of the lipstick.

I can happily wear this lipstick for 3 or so hours before it wears off, so longevity isn't too bad for the price. I find that the lipstick tends to fade from my lips instead of going all uneven and blotchy like others have done in the past which is great because you’re not left with a strange unattractive lip look.

The price of these lipsticks are around £5.49 each and while they are certainly not cheap, they are affordable and are worth every penny because they deliver such a delightful finish.

Overall, I would highly recommend these to all you beauty lovers. Especially if you’re a lipstick junkie.

Please note you may also find this review on my blog -http://beautyadoration.wordpress.com

27.08.2014 14:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Poor colour"

I now have black hair and it should be brown :(

I may only be 30 years old but I have a horrendous amount of grey hairs! I was getting my hair professionally dyed every 6 weeks but I was getting annoyed at the time this was taking out of my life and though I could probably do it myself at home.

In my local Tesco’s that I love and buy the majority of items from I scoured the hair dye aisle. Most hair dyes were between £5 and £6. The Schwarzkopf hair dyes were on special offer at the time at £4.50. I didn’t just buy this product because of the price but obviously for the colour. I have dark brown hair and just wanted some grey coverage. Schwarzkopf have a Bitter Chocolate colour and this is what I chose as it looked time a nice strong brown.

The application was pretty easy. I mixed the pots together and applied it first to my roots for about half an hour. I then applied it to the ends of my hair for a further 10-15 mins as per the instructions. Then rinsed the dye off which I must say took absolutely forever!

Once the dye had been washed off I knew that my hair was much darker than normal. I let it dry through in the hope that normal brown would restore. No such luck though! I had and still do have black hair! This is definitely not ideal and nothing like the colour on the box. The dye did cover my grey but not for very long as after 2 weeks they are standing out even more than normal against my black hair!

I am very disappointed in the product as I now have stupid black hair other than lovely brown but her-ho I know it could be worse. I just won’t be using Schwarzkopf hair dyes again in the future.

27.08.2014 14:42

Advantages

• "No fees"
      • "Industry Knowledge"

Disadvantages

• "No access to some products"

Great support in the present confusing world of finance

From the first time I used L&C in 2009, I've always come back whenever I need a review and have never been disappointed. Most importantly, it has always been the same adviser, Chris who understands my needs and profers satisfactory solution. I believe that my recent review won't be the last.

27.08.2014 14:19

Advantages

• "Looks good"
      • "Smells devine"

Disadvantages

My Absolute Favourite Perfume

I love this Diesel Loverdose perfume. I first tried some whilst in Boots and trying out some tester products. I instantly liked this perfume as it is not too flowery or fruity. To me this perfume smells smokey and slightly sweet. Diesel describes this perfume as ‘the sexy & addictive new fragrance from DIESEL. It represents a woman who is sexy, playful and irresistible’. I have to say that I agree with this description as it is so nice!

I think that a 75ml Loverdose perfume normally costs around £45 but it is worth shopping around as you can get some bargains on eBay and other internet shops.

The perfume comes in a nice purple box. Inside your perfume is in a funk shaped slanting heart bottle that is see-through purple with a black lid. A lot of perfumes now have such extravagant packaging but this to me is just right and looks good.

There is also a Loverdose Tattoo perfume that I have seem for sale. This comes in a black bottle rather than purple and I cannot comment on what it smells like though as I have not tried this out yet.

My husband recently got me some Loverdose perfume for my birthday. This is my favourite perfume and so I was over the moon! He also got me a miniature perfume which is great for taking out in my handbag. I have never seen these miniatures for sale and I have no idea where he bought it from so keep a look out for this. The miniature is only about 5ml and it’s really cute. I was after this exact thing to put in my clutch bag when we were getting married but just didn’t think it existed.

I love this perfume and it is currently my favourite around.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown