• LanguageCourse.net / Internet Site / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 03:54

Advantages

• "Amazing customer service"
      • "Rapid response time"
      • "Gives tons of language schools"

Disadvantages

• "none :)"

So happy to have found Languagecourse.net

I was looking to take a language course, not sure which language in particular but came across Languagecourse.net and saw they offered just about every language possible. They had reviews, pricing, and links to the schools website all conveniently n their site. So instead of having to go on a search engine and check out all the site individually, I was able to compare the schools directly on Languagecourse.net. I checked out the pricing and reviews of the schools I was interested in but was still bordering between two locations. So I emailed their customer service asking for recommendations and suggestions. They responded back promptly, I believe it was within a day - sometimes even half a day. Their customer service is exceptional. I'm the kind of person that before making any major decisions, and I count spending 2 months in a foreign country that I've never been to, a pretty major decision. So I like to ask just about everything I can think of before pulling the trigger. However, Angela patiently answered each and every one of my questions. Sometimes I didn't fully understand her response and she'd clarify them. So was very patient and understanding. Since I had never before used or heard of Languagecourse.net before I was wary of its' services, just because it's different and since I didn't find it through a friend or used it before, you know you just never know. However, after communicating with Angela several times via email and phone, I was completely reassured. I have since returned from my 2 months studying French, having booked my course via their site, I am so happy to have found their site and will definitely be using it again!

• LanguageCourse.net / Internet Site / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 03:46

Advantages

• "Friendly Customer Service"
      • "Great Discounts"
      • "Quick Responce"
      • Easy

Disadvantages

So happy to have found Languagecourse.net!

• The Body Shop Nail Block Nail Buffer / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.09.2015 23:20

Advantages

• " Super Shiny "
      • "Good Value"

Disadvantages

• "Wears Down"

Super shiny nails in 4 steps

For me, my nails feel bare and naked without that coat of colourful nail polish. This is partly because I wear nail polish so often, and partly because my nails are in such bad condition when I do actually take it off. Therefore, I like to let my nails 'breathe' a bit in between polishes, BUT I still want them to look nice. The solution, a nail buffer.

I was first attracted into these by one of the wee stalls I am sure most people will have seen. The people who work here desperately try to catch your eye and, if you make contact for even a second, you will suddenly find yourself taking part in a free manicure. For just one nail. However, these stalls tend to sell their nail buffers at £20. WAIT! DO NOT BUY YET. I promise you can get one so much cheaper that still works, like this Body Shop one which I managed to get for about £4. Even though it's much cheaper it works just as well but, unlike the stalls, they won't replace the boards when they wear down and no longer work - of you ever find the stall again that is.

The buffer nail file comes with 4 sides - file (which you use first like a normal nail file), smooth (which you use over the front of the nail to make it, well, smooth), buff (which buffs the nail), and polish (which makes the nail super squeaky shiny (yes there is such a thing)).

The result? Super shiny and smooth nails which you can't help run your fingers over. I feel this really benefits my nails as they aren't covered in nail polish but still look really good! A definite worthwhile investment!

03.09.2015 23:16

Advantages

• "Features all key things that you would expect i.e wireless printing and good quality documents."
      • "Fast and good as an office appliance."
      • "Very good product featuring a sleek design."

Disadvantages

• "This printer does not print documents very fast."
      • "Slightly too large and a bit bland."

A good buy - Great printer

This printer is great for an office environment and is practical cheap and efficient, too large however for a home environment, its sleek design is a good bonus with this printer and is a recommendable given that you do not need to rely on it to print thousands of documents a day.
      The quality of the printer when it comes to user friendliness is great with its touch screen display and easy wireless printing it can be the ideal substitute for a small office printer that simply cannot keep up with the amount of documents that you need to print. Since this printer is a product created by hewlett-packard also known as hp. It will come as no surprise to you when you order it the great value for money that this printer offers. The cheapest place that you can buy this printer is ebuyer.com - only £420.00 ! This printer is capable of receiving printing orders from any pc. The printer is very power efficient and will not cost you a fortune to replace the toner in.

This printer will include a very detailed instruction manual for those who do not know how to use the product. All required accessories will come with the printer it is best to use quality A4 paper with this product if you are printing in colour, this will insure that you will get the best quality that you possibly can from this printer. For me this printer has worked fine and I have never had any problems using it.

• Asos The One Vest / Clothing / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      03.09.2015 22:10

Advantages

• "perfect for summer"
      • "soft material"

Disadvantages

Perfect for the warm summer months.

The one vest is so called as it is the only vest you will need this summer. It is casual and easy to wear and goes with just about anything. I love this vest especially the colour - which is coral and is a very fashionable shade at the moment. I think this vest top is also available in other colours. It is made of soft material which is nice to wear and is perfect for the beach. Accessories could also be added to make this vest top more stylish or dressed up for a night out. I have bought one of these vest tops a few months ago and have practically lived in it this summer. My top has been worn a lot and washed again and again but has managed to retain its original shape which means its good quality material. I like the low scooped neckline as its stylish. These tops can be worn on their own or layered up to create a nice look with bold contrasting colours.
      It's easily purchased from the internet and was delivered promptly to my door. I am very happy with the overall quality and service from this company. Overall I would say this vest top is the perfect addition to a summer wardrobe. I also think that its good value for money as its long lasting and good quality. I would say its a classic buy which will stay in fashion longer then the summer sun will last. Would also be perfect for a winter get away to a hotter country or for wearing as an extra layer during the colder months.

• La Mer Cleansing Gel / La Mer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.09.2015 21:39

Advantages

• "Precious Nutrients"
      • Moisturising
      • "No irritation"
      • "No dry skin"

Disadvantages

• "Small quantity comparing the price"
      • Expensive

La mer cleansing gel it's expensive but so so worth it!

I like this gel very much. My skin is very sensitive and needs moisture. Non drying, leaves skin smooth, clean and soft. I have to use very little of it and yet I can wash my face, neck, and chest with just a little squirt of it. However, I consider that is a small quantity comparing the big price on the market. But I need to mention that I saw the difference since the seconde day of use, I was feeling my skin clean and healthy. I would definitely recommend it for oily or acne pron skin and I also recommend women to consider that it might be a little too potent for daily use with their skin type. But it worth trying, because, let's be honest,a good cleanser is hard to find. My sister is also using it and she had problems with skin redness for years and years and now her problems are gone using it.

03.09.2015 21:37

Advantages

• "Low Cost"

Disadvantages

• "Goes off too soon"
      • "Poor Texture"

Best for toast

My family gets through a huge amount of bread a week- one shall be nameless household member can eat 10 slices a day between his breakfast toast and a packed lunch. As you can imagine I seem to spend my life buying the stuff and thinking how much this costs us. Noticing a 40p white loaf in Saintsbury's then I decided to buy a couple to try.

The packaging looks basic but I am not one to care about that. It was as easy to open as any other loaf for me.

The best date available from the bread was two days after purchase. One loaf was used up by then but the second unopened loaf went off the next day, 24 hours early. I thought that this was just a freak thing but when I bought another loaf this same thing happened again so it does feel like a problem with labelling. When I say gone off I mean real green mould. Other bread I had in the same place stored did last as it should just not the Sainsbury's one.

The slices seemed a fraction thin for medium sliced bread to me but that wouldn't be a big deal to me or family. The texture lacked the softness I enjoy in a loaf and was densr. I was put off making any sandwiches with it to be honest but others in the house didn't mind. Toast making does work though well with this loaf and it makes good dry breadcrumbs for cooking with. It froze fine, defrosting quickly and without sogginess. I would recommend it as a supplement to your usual bread for toast / breadcrumbs but not personally as a usual loaf.

03.09.2015 21:29

Advantages

• "20x optical zoom"
      • "1080 HD video"
      • "Great auto feature for the point and shoot fan"
      • "A mass of settings for high end users"

Disadvantages

• "Dust can get into the lens"
      • "Battery performance"

A couple of years in, the TZ30 remains comparable with newer models. Top camera.

I purchased a Panasonic Lumix TZ30 over two years ago as an upgrade to my old TZ7. The TZ30 gave me everything I could ask for and more in an upgrade - so much so that I still use the TZ30 now alongside my newer TZ55.

With 14.1 megapixels and full HD, the first thing I did on buying the camera was purchase a large memory card - a 32 gigabyte card that could handle the speed of writing (in particular) high quality video to memory. Until recently, I recorded match footage for a local football club and discovered that the TZ30, with its ability to capture stereo sound, was perfect for this - though on occasion, especially when videoing at night, the camera would shift in and out of focus. This isn't too big a problem though.

The TZ30 shares a crowded travel compact market, but stands out in some regards. Its brilliant 20x optical zoom works well and saw a lot of use when I was on holiday. A negative to the zoom is the possibility of capturing dust in the zoom mechanism which will work its way further into the camera with more use of the zoom feature. This can be rectified, but only by taking the camera apart - best to keep a check and wipe the camera down following use, as well as storing it in a sealed pouch of some kind.

An interesting addition on the TZ30 is the 'Creative Control' modes, which act like digital versions of filters. Lots of fun can be had with modes like Miniature Effect - try standing at a height and zooming in on a town or traffic for a model village type effect.
      The size of the camera is good, it's slightly smaller than many of its rivals, and the image stabilisation (built in, can be switched on & off) is a must if you occasionally suffer from a shaky hand or you're out and about with a bit of a breeze.

The TZ30 also comes with inbuilt GPS, allowing images to be located on an in camera map - though you will need to load the map for your specific camera from a disc beforehand.

I've recently purchased the newer TZ55, but I still regularly use my TZ30 as I find it is the quicker of the two cameras - with a compact camera like this, ease of use and the ability to produce the camera from a pocket or bag and quickly capture an image (with minimal set up) is important. The TZ30 manages this well every time.

03.09.2015 21:13

Advantages

• "nice texture"

Disadvantages

• none

The black pencil that has staying power!

I received a nice sample black kohl eyeliner by Lord and Berry in a beauty box. I knew the brand as I had seen it in department stores like Selfridges so I decided I wanted to try this pencil as soon as possible.

My look
      I nearly always wear black eyeliner on the top lid winged to plump up the look of my eyelashes but I vary from a pencil, to felt tip or liquid liner depending on what look I want to do.

In use
      This pencil is of the just right texture - not too soft and not too hard. It is easy to use and draws a soft line on the eye lid which can then be blended or smudged or left alone.

Sharpening
      As the pencil is made of wood in the traditional style you can use a normal small pencil sharpener to get it back to a point. You can never get the shop original point I find with a pencil sharpener though!

Longevity?
      I hate transferal of eye liner on the upper brow and often find Kohl pencils can transfer themselves around the eye area as the day wears on. I have not had any problems with the Lord & Berry one though thankfuly.

Price
      The pencil, full sized seems to retail online at between eight and ten pounds which I would be happy to pay.

My thoughts
      I do like the black of this pencil, it's true and not diluted, some I have found turn a bit grey but not this one. I also find this easy to remove with eye make up remover. I am one for rubbing my eyes at work when I am tired and this does not budge even when rubbed. It has great staying power.

• Sony Xperia Z3 / Smartphone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      03.09.2015 20:36

Advantages

• Waterproof
      • "Battery life"
      • Camera
      • "Build quailty"

Disadvantages

• "Port covers don't always fully seal"

The best phone I have ever owned. Top camera, waterproof & all round great performance.

Whilst nearing the end of my last contract, I already had an idea where to look for a new phone. My previous mobile was the Sony Xperia SP - a very good mid-range android smart phone that left me wanting more from Sony and the Android operating system. This time, I took the step up to Sony's flagship Xperia Z3 - and three months in, I am not disappointed.

The first thing you notice when you get the phone out of the (very minimal) packaging is its smooth lines and shape - Sony aren't aiming for a space age modern look - the Z3 is more 'modern classic'. With a depth of just 72mm and a weight of 152g, the Z3 feels as good to hold as it looks. The 5.2" screen size is good for streaming, with front facing stereo speakers to pack a lot of sound - though I'd recommend a decent set of headphones for streaming visuals or audio.
      The camera on the Z3 is superb. Whilst Sony's auto mode may be good enough for the many, there are plenty of settings to get the most out of the 20.7 megapixel camera. There is also a front facing camera at 2.2 megapixels.

Battery life is very good (for a high end smartphone). I tend to use the Z3 a lot when on the move, especially when playing GPS based games which usually tend to eat through a battery. The Z3 just keeps going and on quieter days, when the phone hasn't seen as much use, it lasts well into the next day. Another good feature if you're out and about a lot - especially with England's typical wet weather - is that the Xperia Z3 is waterproof. Some sensitivity will of course be lost on the touch screen when out in the rain, but the phone will continue to function even if submerged - great for underwater video / photography. And no need to worry about drink spillage again.. One possible negative though - the port covers need to be sealed to make the phone waterproof, so check this before dunking your Z3 into water. I've noticed on occasion that the power cover is not always sealed - this is generally down to a little dust getting just under the cover - so check!

The Z3's user interface is minimalistic - reasonably basic and stripped down compared to many phones. Having upgraded from the SP, this wasn't an issue for me, in fact I welcomed its simplicity - it adds to the phone's performance.
      The Z3 is, without a doubt, the best phone I have ever owned. Amongst friends and colleagues, as many people have Xperias as they do Samsungs or iphones. I only hope that Sony continue to produce excellent smartphones like the Z3, as come next upgrade day, I'll be having another Xperia experience.

03.09.2015 20:11

Advantages

• "Fast acting relief"

Non drowsy hayfever relief

My hay fever has gradually been getting worse as I have got older and I have been suffering particularly badly this year. My eyes are so itchy and I just have to rub them quite hard to relieve the itching but this makes them very sore and it turns into a vicious circle of itching and rubbing until my eyes turn into two red circles on my face. I am sneezing numerous times a day and my nose keeps running as though I have a bad dose of the flu.

I have taken other brand of hay fever tablets in previous years but tried these Tesco non drowsy tablets and bought a box of seven for just £1.49 which is the cheapest I have seen them. I don't tend to take them every day just when I feel I need them when I wake up, or when I know the pollen count I going to be particularly high.

The active ingredient in these tablets is cetirizine hydrochloride which is in the majority of hay fever tablets and in addition to hay fever they are also suitable for skin and pet allergies, and mould spore and house dust mite allergies. The box contains 7 tablets but you can also get them in boxes of 12.

The recommended dosage for an adult is one per day, for children ages 6 to 12 half a tablet twice a day and they are not suitable for children under 6 years old. There is a warning on the box stating that they may cause drowsiness and if so not to drive or operate machinery. Personally I haven't found they make me any more tired than I am during the hot weather anyway, but I am sure that everyone's tolerance levels are different and you should be aware that they can make you sleepy. They are also not suitable if you are pregnant or breast feeding.

The tablets themselves are long and thin and are easily popped out of the foil. I find them small enough to swallow without having any water with them and there is no real taste to them. I find that if I take one of these tablets my symptoms usually start to reduce after about half an hour and this lasts for the rest of the day. I do still sneeze occasionally but I don't have the itchy eyes and runny nose so a few sneezes I can cope with.

I feel that these tablets contain my hay fever and reduce my symptoms, and I would recommend them to others as long as the price is right.

03.09.2015 18:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

Weleda Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk

The Weleda Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk is available for GBP 12.95.

The bath milk is described as follows. "A long soak in our Lavender Bath Milk is the ideal therapy for mental exhaustion, over-stimulation and restlessness. Its harmonising action soothes body and mind, reducing tension and easing restlessness. A long fragrant soak in the evening, before bed, will help promote a peaceful night’s sleep."

The ingredients are Water (Aqua), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Potassium Olivate, Glyceryl Oleate, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol.

The lavender fragrance is all natural, quite intense and I can not smell anything else out further, although probably still Citrus and Olive will be in it, according to the declaration. For me, it smells just by lavender flowers! Namely, very intense. The bath does not foam, it is more so a milky bathwater. The oil is then after draining the water, so at least in my dosage regimen, also on the shell surface and makes it very smooth. The scent and the silky skin alone are a reason for me to prefer this bath additive. But the skin tolerance was always very good with me. Also, this bathroom is packed in a nice, very dark blue-violet thick glass bottle with screw cap. The glass is quite thick, so it certainly does not break if it should accidentally slide down into the tub from the tub edge times. All in all, a lovely bath to relax for people who appreciate the natural and very intense lavender - especially if you already know while bathing, that afterwards not necessarily even need to apply cream! There is the bathroom also in several other fragrances, which are composed basically the same, but my favorite is lavender!

03.09.2015 18:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Just Dance 3

The Just Dance 3 game is available for GBP 16.85.

The game is described as follows. "Just Dance is back and the party is bigger than ever before. Just Dance 3 gives a new twist on the already popular and addictive dance game. Just Dance 3 kick-starts the party with 49 tracks from multiple genres, featuring popular artists, and chart-topping tracks. Whatever the occasion, the amazing Just Dance 3 soundtrack and fun game features will get the party started and your friends dancing all night long. You couldn’t resist the urge to join the party, now you won’t be able to leave it."

After Just Dance was an unexpected and resounding success, Ubisoft took the opportunity to continue to throw on the market. Since the success of Just Dance 2 was unbroken, now follows the 3rd part. The principle is simple, there are dance steps that are displayed on the television. Theoretically, the Wii but not determine whether you dance all the steps exactly, because in his right hand, you have the remote, and this accordingly sends the pulses and adjusts the movements on the touch screen. This minor deviations are quickly turned down in the standings, so is a Perfect, just one okay when the Move does not sit very well. The goal is as identical as possible to carry out the steps for you, as previously mentioned, will receive reviews. The higher the rating, the higher the number of points which will be credited to you. At the end of the gong, there is a kind of analysis that the number of marks, with all other previous results, added. Those who collect enough points you get small gifts, such as new songs. Of course, this is also a motivating factor. But for a good dancing game yet include better songs that make a mood for dancing. The control is relatively accurate, commands are quickly identified and assessed correctly, sometimes the game is also very accommodating. The moves are very well chosen, though not necessarily Disco fit. The song selection is Querbeet and find all sorts of different genre lovers. In addition, you are allowed to the dance steps with up to four players take place at the same time. Here, looking out at any desired his character and gets a certain rank. If all players start, a thoroughly successful dance is presented, the sure looks terrific in the performance. Songs you get there safe space problems in the way, even the few multiplayer songs loads at stake. Otherwise, it's animation technically managed and remains true to the previous and proven principle. Hours of fun can bring the game and also still carries a little bit about your fitness in.

03.09.2015 18:37

Advantages

Disadvantages

A hat which defends from invasion

Obviously, there are always pluses and minuses with any national dress (by the way, do the English even *have* a national dress? And no, morris dancing costume is not what I mean.) The Welsh national dress - for women at least - was worn in day-to-day life until at least the latter half of the nineteenth century.

So, what is this dress? If you've seen a Welsh rugby match, you've probably seen it in the crowd. It's comprised of a warm black, red, or check skirt (to be honest, you can get away with pretty much any skirt,) a half-apron (of the kind worn by a stereotypical French maid,) a shawl (modern shawls are cotton but original shawls were usually wool, in a paisley-like (not quite paisley but that's the closest to it,) or check pattern.

And then there's the hat. The Welsh women's hat is a wonderful thing. It makes the costume. It's also literally repelled an army in the past. No, honestly - 'mam' stopped a French invasion with her hat some two hundred years ago (in Fishguard in 1797, with one lady personally capturing 12 of Napoleon's troops.) The traditional hat is puritanical in shape (think the Mayflower and American thanksgiving, only without the buckle,) black, and trimmed with lace and/or ribbon. It can also be easily mistaken (from a distance) for an old-fashioned soldier's hat - strange that. More recently, the half-bonnet (more of a Victorian style) has become intermittently popular when wearing national costume, but you could never get rid of an army with one of those - far too short.

As for the fellas, they have a sort of pseudo-costume - essentially, when St David's day comes around, all little boys are stuck into part-checked waistcoats and a Dai cap (a flat-cap, as worn by the miners and the farmers,) or stuffed unceremoniously into a Welsh rugby shirt while their parents help the girls with their aprons.

• Havaianas Flip flop / Shoes / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.09.2015 18:23

Advantages

• "Comfortable to wear"
      • "Very well made"

Sturdy flip flops

Ilove flip flops and always have lots of pairs on the go. Previously I have always bought cheap and cheerful flip flops which have lasted me for a few months before they wore down at the back or the pattern started to rub off especially when they got wet. My friends have always had Havianas and they have seemed to last far longer than my cheaper ones so I thought I would treat myself to a pair.

I did think that I just couldn't justify spending £20 on a pair of flip flops, that is until I bought some. I actually got them on line for £15 and I chose a pair of light grey coloured ones which have a yellow and green stripe in the sole. The straps are a darker grey than the sole. As soon as I tried them on I could tell that they were going to be very comfortable and I wasn't wrong. I took them away on holiday a few weeks after I had bought them and they were in the sea every day and I wore them for quite long walks, and they didn't show any signs of wear at all.

They were so comfortable and the sole is very soft and spongy but is very strong and durable. They dry almost instantly and are not slippy even when wet. These are definitely my favourite pairs of flip flops and I wear them almost all the time, and I can't wait to buy another pair in a different colour.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown