• Wilson in general / Sports Equipment / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.09.2016 23:30

Advantages

• "Decent bag"

Disadvantages

• Cheapish

Wilson Golf Ultra Stand Bag

When Bradley Wiggins started doing really rather well in the Tour de France middle-class men started to put down their golf clubs and put on the Lycra and tear up the country roads. Rory Mcilroy and Justin Rose were no longer their idols, and coupled with high fuel prices, middle aged men decided to squeeze into their favorite team’s colors and cycle to work and play instead. After this weeks revelations they will have to reach for their inhalers to keep up and with the Ryder Cup next week then maybe gold with be their sport once again. The whistling on the podium during the National Anthem told you all you need know about this cheaters respect for the sport and integrity. I, on the other hand, cycle and play golf and won’t be wearing the Lycra or the Pringle any day soon.

I have accrued my golf clubs over the years and bought my first one when I was 16. I have all manner of brands and names on my wedges and drivers in my bag, everything from a Nick Faldo sand wedge to a Lee Trevino rescue club. After a while I abandoned using a driver as I could never really hit the ball straight and far with one so just carry a 5 wood and a 3 Iron for distance. I like to plot, not smash, my way around the course. Once you are in the rough or sand you start to have a bad round very quickly. The game is all around hitting the ball straight after all. The key to hitting with a 3 iron is minimum draw back on the wing, of course. If it hits the sweet spot you are a way, low and straight and the bounce will bring up the 200 meters.

So I have the sticks but what about the basket? Well, we all know if we need a second hand guitar or golf bag the best place to find one cheap is charity shop. They are always staring at you like a stray dog at the pound waiting to be rescued, the owners giving up a hobby that was just too hard.

My old bag was a bit small and stinky and I needed a bigger one to put all the stuff in. I couldn’t get my waterproofs in and my whisky so more storage space required. So walking past a charity shop there was a secondhand Wilson bag for just £30. It looked pretty new and probably a dead mans bag where the wife has bought it in as she has divorced him or he croaked on the golf course. Either way I have no problems buying anything but underwear second hand. Its not one of those expensive behemoths the Americas cart around in Palm Springs that cost about $400.

===Spec===
      • Umbrella holder
      • Towel ring / glove holder
      • Rain hood
      • Easy embroidery bottom panel
      The bag is about £80 in Sports Direct or Argos and stands around a meter or so. It’s made of a plastic looking leather substitute with 8 club dividers. Pro golfers use up to 14 clubs in their bags. I use just 9-10. My handicap is round 15 right now and more of a touch and feel golfer. I can use a 7 iron like a pitching wedge down to a five iron. Around the greens is my strength and I make those irons talk.

2 decent sized side pockets are good for booze, golf tees and gloves etc with two larger pockets lower down the bag for an extra fleece and the waterproofs and 5 smaller ones higher up for stuff. The strap is easy on the shoulder with extra padding and double cut for over the shoulder walking and a solid bottom panel to slam it down in a huff. You can attach towels, umbrellas, gloves, and drinks canisters on various holders. A rain cover keeps the clubs dry but not a zip up job. The novelty extra is the V shaped metal stand to keep the bag static and upright that folds out.

I have had the bag for a year now and it’s ok but no more. It falls over on the stand if the ground is too boggy and the wind is howling. The pockets are fine but the bag does take water. That means rust and condensation damage on the clubs if they remain in the bag in the garage or cellar. The bag material scratches and the stitching not the best but it’s holding together so far. It has to be lumped around 18 holes. The bottom does sit on a hire trolley as the bag has no wheels. For £80 top end I would not pay that. It’s worth £50 and definitely one to pick up in a charity shop.

25.09.2016 22:29

Advantages

• "good communications throughout"
      • "quick build and delvery"
      • "useful advice provided "
      • "Easy to spec up"

Disadvantages

Recommended.

Not really anything to add to the above. the website is easy to use and instructions are clear. even the payments on the never never were painless to sort out. got regular emails once the order was placed so I always knew what was going on. the courier was ok - opted to collect from the depot. not ideal but pretty standard. PC itself seems great so far. Very happy.

25.09.2016 16:27

Advantages

• "Cheaper than the rest"

Disadvantages

I would HIGHLY recommend using this service

I could not be happier. The communication was fantastic from my initial order through to delivery.

25.09.2016 08:55

Advantages

• "Got exactly what I paid for"
      • " testing and delivery on time"
      • Building
      • "Communication was clear and fast"
      • "Ordering was easy"

Disadvantages

• " I was not advised that the facility is not available outside UK."
      • "When I upgraded warranty to silver for extended collect and return"

Fabulous gaming desktop at great price

When I came to PC Specialist, I was looking to buy the best available gaming desktop and expected to pay top price for it. However, after perusing the forums, I received great advice on what I required, and ended up paying much less than my original quote. PCS has a great array of pre-defined systems, each addressing a certain level of need, from frugal to top spec. These systems, when bought as they are, carry a big discount, making the price very attractive.
      I bought the Define X1, and my expectations have been surpassed: this is a fabulous gaming desktop, benchmarking at the very top of its range. Couldn't be happier than I am right now with my selection, and the overall purchase process.

25.09.2016 08:40

Advantages

• "Helpful staff"
      • "Order tracking"
      • "Choosing components"

Disadvantages

• "Order got delayed"

Very good service

I really likes the service I received, the ability to choose my own components was a big plus. However because if when I ordered my order was delayed due to lots of other students ordering too. I contacted pcspecialist and received a helpful reply that day

24.09.2016 22:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Happy with service

Solid final product.

• Lenovo G710 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.09.2016 20:30

Advantages

• "1tb storage sets you worry free for handling larger amounts of data"
      • "720 hd quality webcam integrated"
      • "A single key is enough to restore your system from all viruses and maliscious sfotwares"
      • "battery saving extends the durables more than you can imagine"
      • "superspeed data transfer. Puts the mind on blow"
      • "comfortable experience with accutype keyboard"
      • "multitouch pad optimized for windows 8 features"
      • "blueray combo disk"
      • "highly qualified multimedia features"
      • "16:9 widescreen"

Disadvantages

• "battery goes down after few months"
      • "windows upgrade is not a choice at all. "
      • "mouse behaviour disturbing"
      • "if upgraded to 8.1 many errors will occur"
      • "mcafe 30 day trial only"

Very moderate and anyone can have it to enjoy remarkable media and gaming experience

As nothing is perfect in this world. With few backlashes this laptop is very good for gaming purposes. If you are not interested in upgrades it is going to be a very good companion for long time. Battery itself saving service helps a lot but battery goes down after few months. You can manage to extend battery life to more than a year if taking care of it according to the instructions given on brochure.
      With 8 gb of ram and good graphics compatibility games and heavy work loads do not disturb the machine and works smoothly. No system jams happen in the beginning.

24.09.2016 20:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Full time job"

Not worth the trouble

Do not consider being an Avon representative if you already have a full time job as being a representative is now a full time job. Before you can become 'visible' on their website, you need to have had at 3 campaigns where your sales have been at least £174.00. To achieve this you need to spend hours delivering and collecting brochures and orders, then hours again delivering orders (having to return if no one is at home on your first delivery attempt).

• Gilbert Zenon Rugby Training Ball / Ball Sport / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.09.2016 11:32

Advantages

• "Good ball"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Middle class prices

I’m not a huge rugby fan but have warmed to it in recent years as it’s become less classed based and more professional and exciting to watch. My team is the Northampton Saints and we are very successful with a decent 13,000 capacity bespoke stadium and top players. We are not quite up and running yet as far as the season goes but we will pick off the minnows and top four by the end of the season. It’s not cheap to watch the Saints and around £40 for a Premiership game, compared to £20 for Twenty20 Friday night cricket at Wantage Road and £17 at the Cobblers.

Rugby is not as middle-class as you think and the game original designed so men of all shapes and sizes (and lately women) could play the game, the quick lads on the wings, the stocky boys the ball-handlers and the big ugly lumps in the pack, the latter there for the beer but still an important part of the game. The ball, of course, is designed to compliment this, oval shaped and slippery when wet. It wobbles along the ground like a hooker after 10 pints. The shape makes it quite clear this is game for hands not feet although I quite fancy myself as a kicker and banged a few over at school. Today, of course, they teach you to point the ball on apiece of plastic and unnaturally point the ball away from the toe on the place kick. It looks horrible on TV and you do wonder how those guys kick the ball that way. I stick it slightly leaning back and smack them as far as they do. I think its just to get the makers name on camera, Gilbert the biggest name in rugby balls, of course.

The Gilbert ball is the official World Cup ball and you can buy a match ball in specialized sports shops. The top range of Gilbert ball they use in the Four Nations can be over £100. But I would not spend that on a ball we muck around with and play touch rugby with like my particular ball. This model retails at around £65 and the sort of grade you would use in club rugby or at schools. I got mine free doing a job for my local paper on a promotion in the summer and would probably not pay for full price if I had to. You get a pump and valve free with it, of course, when you buy it in the store. The guarantee is a years worth and one to keep as the stitching can wear on these if the ball is a faulty one off the line in Dhaka. Gilbert markets themselves as this 140-year-old company that dates back to the original Rugby School in the Midlands where the game began but I’m guessing the training balls are made in a South East Asian sweatshop by kids.

It’s a great ball and apparently they are all slightly different and unique to touch and feel when you use them. I can still slam a 40-yeard goal kick as my party trick at my age and they are easy to handle and spin pass. They have a slight rough to them to help grip and apply rotation for control and not too slippery when wet compared to other balls. I haven’t played team rugby since school and smelling another mans farts or armpits never really appealed so can’t really compare it to other balls as we had those cheap orange things at school in the 1970s and 80s. I can’t think of any other top rugby ball makes and so these top dogs. For a young fresh faced middle-class schoolboy this would make a cracking Christmas or Birthday present.

So on the whole this mid range Gilbert ball is ideal for taking to the beach or the park and playing touch rugby with your mates. It has good bounce and some give on handling. If you over - inflate any ball it doesn’t do it much good and doesn’t play naturally. If it ‘pings’ on a bounce let a bit of air out. It is pricey and there is range of generic or kid sized ones that are under a tenner in Sports Direct if you don’t want to spend. But as rugby is quite middle-class your mates will expect a brand ball to be seen with.

23.09.2016 13:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great service - fast and reliable.

Ordered a PC from these guys and it arrived as advertised - good build and very fast..!

23.09.2016 11:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Satisfied with the notebook but it doesn't fit in the bag ordered with it.

Very happy with the notebook so far. Once the building process started, everything went rather quickly and transparent with the online overview. Fast Shipping.

BUT the notebook doesn't even fit (can't zip it) in the bag I ordered with it for 50eur. I would advise to purchase accessories separately in a store to make sure they fit.

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      23.09.2016 09:24

Advantages

• Knowledgeable
      • "Excellent Customer Service"
      • Dedicated
      • Friendly

10/10 Truly excellent customer service from Chloe Andrews and eBuyer

I had placed an order for a couple of Promethean ActivPens to replace ones that had been lost here at a school. eBuyer had them in stock for the right price, so I popped an order in for next day delivery. Unfortunately they weren't dispatched on time or delivered on the expected date (Fri 16th Sept 2016). On the following Monday I placed a call to eBuyer customer support and was connected to Chloe. Chloe is a true example of excellent customer service. She was polite, helpful, intelligent, professional and truly concerned about dealing with the problem. She chased up the problem, sent me a helpful email to explain what the problem was (Item was at an auxiliary warehouse and they had had problems dispatching it), ensured the item was shipped out immediately afterwards, issued a refund on delivery charges and even took the time to follow up the case and check the item had been delivered on the following day!

I deal with various suppliers and service industries on a daily basis and it is truly refreshing and pleasantly surprising to see such dedication to customers from a company.

23.09.2016 08:04

Advantages

• "Great customer care"
      • "Excellent service"
      • "Made to suit my requirements"

Disadvantages

I would ask for a tailored laptop again rather than buy off the shelf.

I bought this laptop for my son to suit his specific use. I know it's going to be perfect for him and will be just right for him for many years.

Customer support and updates on progress have been super.

22.09.2016 23:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "The fact the company exists is a disadvantage "

If you want to waste your time please contact Dunelm

Carl, Jamie & Dean, the 3 musketeers running this circus act of a company.
      I was informed 24 hours prior to the expected delivery date that my 3 times of furniture wont be arriving, I was given no valid explanation as to why this delay had occurred. I was then informed I would receive a phone call 48 hours later to confirm a new delivery date. Of course, 48 hours had gone by with no phone call, I had to make every effort to contact them constantly throughout the process being passed on to different members of their customer service team who were all unable to provide me with a reasonable explanation as to why my furniture hadn't arrived. Almost 2 weeks had passed with no furniture being delivered, I had ultimately decided to request a refund and purchase else where.

No communication and no end result, horrible company to buy from, I'd strongly advise look elsewhere!

22.09.2016 20:37

Advantages

• "Personal build of great quality"

Disadvantages

Would happily use again

Great product and solid build. Good customer service. Would use again

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown