• Apple iPhone 5S 64 GB / Smartphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.05.2016 01:33

Advantages

• Stylish
      • Fast

Disadvantages

• "Easily damaged"
      • "Battery life"

Overall good phone , recommended

The iPhone 5S isn’t just supposed to be “the most amazing iPhone yet.” It’s not “the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever.” No, Apple says the 5S is “the most forward-thinking iPhone yet” and “the best smartphone in the world.”

But the screen didn't get bigger, and the design hasn’t changed. Apple’s mid-cycle S updates are always about the little things: faster internals, a better camera, more memory. But this year little things have turned into big things: there’s upgraded 64-bit A7 processor and a hidden fingerprint reader, a better camera and a much-improved new flash. Add those to the new, wholly redesigned iOS 7 software, and Apple believes it has a phone that’s much more than just a refresh. For £199 plus a two-year contract, the 5S is Apple at its swaggering best, believing it can win the spec-sheet arms race while still offering a device anyone and everyone can use. I would recommend this phone to anyone who likes apple products

• Electronic Voting / Discussion / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.05.2016 01:16

Advantages

• "Quick and easy"

Disadvantages

• "Open to fraud"

Overall its a product that most people would not trust although its a good idea

I think this idea needs to happen soon in the uk otherwise not many people will be voting in the future but sorting it out so its certain that fraud can not happen seems to be a long road to get to, firstly i can not be connected online, or at least not connected to our internet. Maybe invent a new secure server thats connected to the physical side of voting if that is possible, not sure if that could happen, otherwise this system can not happen, fraud is the most biggest problem with this and i do not think it will happen anytime soon, electronic voting is something for the future but remain in the the future fot the time being until its its certain that fruad will not take place, maybe there is a way where you can vote online over a period of time before a election then representatives of the party you vote for or a third party can confirm your vote by coming to your address? Not sure if this will work, maybe if the workers carry body cams to make sure nothing dodgy happens, but before electronic voting can fully take over i think some sort of electronic/physical vote should take place first, then easing its way into being fully electronic, this seems to be the only way that i could happen, otherwise get your pen and paper out and get registered and vote the origanal way so everyone can sleep well and be free of corruption for your country, i do not think this will happen in the uk anytime soon!

• grooves-inc.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.05.2016 00:49

Advantages

• "Safe package"
      • "Fast delivery"

Disadvantages

Excellent Transaction. Highly Recommended Seller!

GREAT Seller, CD in mint conditions, Perfect communication, Highly recommended!!

30.05.2016 14:54

Advantages

• Quality
      • Price

Disadvantages

• "Delivery Time Sometimes"

Buy

This is my 5th purchase for both business and personal. There's been a couple of issues with slow delivery but that's how they manage costs down. Unless you need a computer in an "emergency". PCSpecialist is the best value reseller I'm aware of.

30.05.2016 13:59

Advantages

• "Aesthetic kitchen appliance and bottles"
      • "Works very well for making smoothies"
      • "Good price"

Disadvantages

• "Occasionally leaves lumps in the smoothies"
      • "Not for use for anything more than smoothies"

Fantastic blender for smoothies

I purchased this blender a few months ago as my other one had packed in. I previously had a proper blender - one that I could put anything in to help me with cake making, making soups, anything really. However I stopped using it for those things.

I saw this blender in Tesco, and recognised the bottle as quite a lot of fitness/nutrition/active people I follow on Instagram post shots of them using this bottle for their protein shakes. It was only £24.99 so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Day one of the blender, I got a bit overexcited. I stocked up on a variety of colourful fruit and veg - anything I thought I could pack into it. After my second smoothie of the day (and as it turns out it was completely futile buying pretty-coloured fruit because everything you blend comes out a grey/purpley/slime green colour) and having used up all of my fruit (and I'd brought a tonne of it!) I realised it's actually quite hard work to be healthy! However, the smoothies I'd made were tasty, despite having vegetables in them.

Smoothies I tried: pineapple, strawberry and spinach. And kale, mango and kiwi.

Day two, I had a grape, kiwi and apple smoothie. I'd discovered adding some mint leaves to every smoothie made them taste better, even if the majority of it was made up of vegetables.

For three weeks solidly, I made a fruit and veg smoothie for breakfast, and I was pretty chuffed at myself. I'd discovered Tesco had frozen fruit packets which made everything a lot easier, and as I was making the day's sandwiches I'd always had leftover rocket or spinach so that'd go in my smoothie to start my day.

If you're like me and struggle to pack in enough fruit and veg every day, these are actually pretty great. I wouldn't ever had a smoothie as a meal replacement, but it is great as part of your breakfast. Or quite a few times I'd go to the gym in the evening, come back, make a smoothie and throw a scoop of protein in it too to have as a protein shake.

In the box you get the base, two blender bottles and caps, one blade attachment and the instructions. It was wonderfully simple to use (though I did scour the instructions first). After cleaning the bottles for the first time of course, you simply fill the bottle with your chosen ingredients, screw on top the blade, turn it upside down and place into the base then blend. Blend it for a minute or so until there are no lumps, unscrew the blade, pop on the lid, then you're good to go. You can then take this bottle out and about with you, to work, or to the gym, and drink it as you go.

When it comes to cleaning, you can pop the blade attachment back onto the bottle, fill with Fairy Liquid and water, then 'blend' it and it cleans the insides for you!! This is actually the instruction's recommended method of cleaning and it is super easy.

Sometimes if I've left the bottles all day without soaking then this won't work and you will have to wash it up properly - it mainly depends on what's been inside it. Vegetables seem to stick more than fruit. You can also pop the bottles and blade attachment in the dishwasher.

Although my interest in it has waned (I now don't use it every day), my other half still uses it every day and I'd say I use it once every three days. But I want to start using it more and it gives me the aspirations to be healthy!

The blender is now five months old and still works fantastically. Occasionally after I've blended up some fruit/veg I'll go to drink it and there'll still be lumps in it, so I'll have to add some water and re-blend it. But this only happens one in every five times. A bit annoying but I should probably try it first before leaving the house! Otherwise it usually produces lump-free drinks.

I really like the bottles it comes with, they are a decent size, the green lid is appealing to look at. The bottle curves in at the middle so it is easy to hold. *Sometimes* the bottle has leaked, but this is when I've not screwed the lid on properly or put the cap back on properly. And it's only been a few drops - I've not once had an all-out leakage.

It's a really simple blender to use - there is only one button that you can either press and hold for blending or press in short bursts to 'pulse'. I like the simplicity of it. It is also a nice green colour that looks nice in my kitchen.

I have used this blender for foods other than smoothies once - I made protein pancakes and this required mixing up egg, banana, cottage cheese and oats. Because this only required a small amount of ingredients it was possible, however for anything bigger you'd struggle because the bottle only holds 600ml. You wouldn't be able to blend a soup in this!

Also important to note, this can blend ice! When I've made fresh fruit/veg smoothies, it's been a bit warm and not very nice so I've always added ice. Though this isn't necessary now that I've started using frozen fruit. But yes it does blend ice just fine (I believe it's a 300w motor so that's decent enough).

Overall, a really great product for making smoothies for a decent price, and you can buy this from most supermarkets or online.

30.05.2016 13:54

Advantages

• "Sorted out my dry skin "
      • "Lasts a long time"

Disadvantages

• "Quite expensive "
      • "Doesn't rub in well"
      • "Quite liquidy"

Really helped my dry skin all over

I recently came out of army training and this stuff has been an absolute godsend!

From week 1 to week 4, I was in absolute bits. My skin was red raw, particularly on my knuckles, my knees, my neck and my armpits.

I was chaffed to bits from all of the new starchy kit we had to wear, all the marching that meant your thighs and armpits were constantly rubbing on the clothes. On my neck where my rifle sling sat that held my heavy rifle. On my shoulders from where my heavy bergen's straps rested. My knees from constantly 'taking a knee' on gravel and concrete. And on my hands - the worst was my knuckles. After an exercise my skin would be so cracked that mud and dirt would stay within those cracks for about two weeks.

I had a couple of cheap moisterisers but they weren't working. I managed to order some of this stuff online, in the biggest bottle I could find!

It was quite liquidy - I'd only ever used the E45 in the tub before that's quite thick. It came out easily so that I could spread it over my skin well. It didn't absorb amazingly well and quite often I'd go to bed completely white and I'd put it on head to toe! But it wasn't the end of the world.

I was impressed the bottle lasted me about 8 weeks considering I was using it on a daily basis and using a large amount of it. I was impressed that within a week my skin had gone from being practically red raw to normal again, and after using it constantly on my hands my skin had finally softened so that the mud and dirt had been removed!

This is really easy to pick up - I've seen it in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and other big supermarkets. I purchased it online and it was more expensive - I recommend picking up some from Superdrug where it is about £4.50.

30.05.2016 13:49

Advantages

• Solid
      • "Nice colour choices"
      • "Leak free"
      • "Good price"

Disadvantages

• "Straw sometimes flips up a bit too easily but it still hasn't leaked"

Brilliant water bottle to remind me to drink enough water!

For many years I've survived on refilling old water bottles with tap water and trying to remember to take this to work. Unfortunately a lot of the time I forget. I get to work, I'm thirsty, I buy a coffee, then buy a Pepsi out of the vending machine.. Shocking I know!

On a whim I invested in a Camelbak Eddy water bottle in bright orange and have been using it every day since I purchased it! It's brightly coloured and pretty and as it sits on my desk it reminds me to constantly fill it up. I've been filling it up with a mix of water and orange squash.

The bottle is 600ml capacity, so just over a pint. It's a good amount/size to carry around in a bag. It feels very solid and doesn't have a plasticky taste as some bottles tend to carry.

The bottle seems to be very water tight - I've had it in various different bags and it's not once leaked nor has any water come out of the top even when the straw has accidentally flipped up!

I paid £15 for this which I know is very overpriced! I purchased on an army base in the expensive NAAFI. I after found it online for about £8 so I'm gutted but never mind! The bottle comes in a variety of colours - black, clear, red, green, purple, and pink.

The tag says it's dishwasher safe but unfortunately I don't have a dishwasher so I cannot test! But I would trust the tag if I had one.

Overall, great product. I'm due to climb another mountain next month and this will definitely be coming with me alongside my water bladder.

29.05.2016 17:54

Advantages

• "Everytime updated about your order"
      • "Very good site"

Disadvantages

• "Not all keyboard language"

Good site, professional work. great stuff

I needed a laptop and since the commercial ones are very bad i decided to build my own; searching on web i found pcspecialist well reviewed so i tried.

Very satisfied, a very very good site, many option, everytime updated about the status of order.
      The laptop arrived in a very good/safe package with all cd and manuals. Its about a week since i received and it works pretty well ( before dispatch they test it ), materials seems solid and i chose the specific so i'm satisfied. The only bad thing is that i couldn't choose my language keyboard, its not that bad but it's just a small thing they can improve.
      If i have to buy another laptop i'd re-choose pcspecialist for sure.

Italian review: ottimo sito, sempre aggiornato sullo stato dell'ordine. Il pc arriva in un pacco ben imballato con cd e manuali. Prima di spedire testano loro il pc quindi va tutto bene ( ho scelto io i componenti quindi so cosa mi aspettavo ) unica pecca è la tastiera non italiana ma non è un gran problema.
      Se dovessi comprare un altro laptop sceglierei ancora pcspecialist

• Sekonda 4474 Ladies Watch / Watch / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.05.2016 16:53

Advantages

• "Large Numbers"

Disadvantages

• Thin

It is a very lovely watch

I like this watch as the numbers are very large so if you required glasses to see your watch (for example) you wouldn't need to wear them to see this. I don't like how thin the strap is as it can feel quite flimsy and easily broken.

• Populaire (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.05.2016 11:46

Advantages

• Fun

Disadvantages

• "Subtitles "

Hits all the right notes!

Star – Romain Duris
      Genre – World Cinema > Comedy
      Run Time – 111 minutes
      Certificate – 18
      Country – France
      Awards – 1 Wins & 9 Nominations
      Amazon – £5.00DVD (Blue Ray £6.99)
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

So Populaire, the 2012 French remake of a 1957 French film that was called something else I can’t recall, Populaire relating to a make of typewriter. The new version received multiple César Award nominations but not much attention outside of France. It’s a subtitled Technicolor blast of nostalgia made for French people to remember the old Paris they long for of handsome cigarette smoking men and beautiful stylish women, not a city full of Arabs and West Africans they rebel against today. I did not see one black or Arab person in this film. It’s quite sad how racist the French are.

It stars the rather excellent Romain Duris, a French actor who is super cool in films like ‘The Beat that Skipped my Heart’ and The Big Picture. The romantic female lead is Déborah François and the third party on this love tryst and a typewriter that comes between them. Yes, a typewriter. You will see why when you watch this, of course. If you love foreign films then you should watch this. It makes the heart sing for a filmmaking style long forgotten. If you like typewriters you should watch this even more.

===Common Keyboards===

The 'AZERTY' keyboard is a popular style used especially among European-based French speakers English typewriters use QWERTY. Switzerland and Luxembourg use a variant called 'QWERTZ'.

===Cast===

Yannik Landrein as Léonard Échard
      Nastassja Girard as Evelyne Échard
      Dominique Reymond as Madamme Shorofsky

===Plot===

It’s the late 1950s in France…

Pretty and clumsey twentysomething Rose Pamphyle (Déborah François) lives with her widowed father (Frédéric Pierrot) in a small rural town and is destined to marry a son of the local mechanic. She works in the family shop and desperate to escape her humdrum life. Rose travels out of town and applies for a secretarial job with an insurance agency run by the handsome and well groomed Louis Échard (Romain Duris). Louis gives her a week’s trial after he learns that Rose can type with extraordinary speed using only two fingers, on of many of her quirks. Rose is elated and dreams of an exciting and glamorous future.

After one week of her clumsiness he tells her he will only keep her on if she does him something in return. It’s not to sleep with him but to compete in a speed-typing competition. Louis competed at many sporting events when he was young and sees potential in his ditsy but sweet secretary. While Rose makes the finals, she ultimately loses her first typing competition by not breaking 400WPM. Louis is not deterred and begins training Rose to become the fastest typist in France, and beyond, putting her up in his big house to perfect her skills. He makes a bet with his best friend, Bob Taylor (Shaun Benson), who is married to his old sweetheart, Marie (Bérénice Bejo) that Rose can win the regional competition.

He begins to teach her to touch type with all ten fingers and insists she take piano lessons from Marie to strengthen her fingers and rhythm. The increasingly confident Rose does indeed win her second competition, becoming the fastest in her home region of Lower Normandy. It becomes obvious to all that Louis fancies Rose and vice versa, but Louis insists that a coach mustn't distract his student. Through to the national finals they travel to Paris, the city of love, but still Louis can’t find the courage to fall for her as the final approaches and his father standards hold him back from being himself.

===Results===

I really enjoyed this and a good old burst of retro French cinema I imagine a lot of people loved at the time. It has the subtle sexiness and clean-cut style of Mad Men meets the innocent romantic comedy of the period. It’s a love story wrapped around this typewriter metaphor thing and well scripted and acted for a romantic comedy of this type. You will fall for both the attractive and likeable leads. Sadly its way too long and gets baggy towards the end and that will annoy those getting involved in the romantic side of things. It’s predictable of course on the love story. You may not know but one third of secretary’s sleep with their boss and many admit to taking a secretarial job to meet a wealthy man of means. 40% of us sleep with someone at work at some point.

Its €14m Euro budget pulled in a healthy $18.4 million around the world and not bad for a foreign film not entered into the big American film festivals. It’s well paced with admirable style, with a glossy, Technicolor production design and feel that so evokes that period when men were men and women were subservient and knew their place, allowing for that more frivolous and comedic sweetness to evolve. The subtitles are straightforward so no worries there. You should simply watch this film is you want to be happy and remember how straightforward life used to be without all those distractions and technologies that now keep us apart.

===RATINGS===

Imdb.com – 7.0/10.0 (votes)
      Rottentomatos.com –75% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – 57% critic’s approval

===Trailer===

===Special Features===

===Critics===

Seattle Times –‘As romantic comedy it's uneven, but as an ode to something long gone, "Populaire" hits the right notes’.

The NY Post –‘A clever movie of considerable wit and charm. Its only fault is that it could have been a bit shorter and benefitted from the trim. Still, it's time well spent’.

The Seattle Times –‘It's a gorgeous picture that's highly amusing, allowing viewers to lose themselves in the fantasy of love, rivalry, and typing. Yes, typing. Any film that can make typewriters as cool as hot rods deserves a look’..

Red Eye –‘After all those words pounded onto the typewriter, this throwback finds a way to capture the big L in any language.
      St Louis Dispatch –‘It's neatly formatted, but if there's a message in the margins of this manuscript, "Populaire" doesn't spell it out’.

Independent Inquiry –‘Even when there's tragedy around the turn, it doesn't matter. Populaire plays like a musical - you expect anyone, at any time, to break into song’.
      Boston Globe –‘Roinsard labors mightily to eke laughs and excitement out of '50s secretaries in Technicolor dresses, towering heels, and awkward hairdos hammering away at keyboards, with limited success’.
      San Francisco Bugle –‘Is this remake really necessary? Maybe not, but to worry about that is to risk missing out on a lot of fun’.

===========

28.05.2016 17:41

Advantages

• "excellent sound"
      • unbreakable

Disadvantages

• "long spaghetti-like wires"

Quality earphones at a reasonable price: durable and tough with excellent sound

These headphones have not let us down! These Turtle Beach Ear force X 12 Earphones have out lived all of its predecessors! Despite being stepped on, sat on, dropped on and hoovered - it is a miracle that these headphones are still fully functioning after 6 long hard months in our house hold. We bought these for our son last Christmas, for use on the X box and also the gaming computer. They were reasonably priced for what they deliver: quality. As well as excellent sound quality, good microphone quality,resonance and longevity, they cup your ears very comfortably like a pair of soft nuturing mufflers. Ear heaven. What more could you want? I have awarded this product 4 out of 5 hearts. It lost just the one point on account of the excessively long wires which have been sucked up by the vacuum cleaner from time to time. The fact that these earphones have survived such an ordeal is testament to how tough they are. Tough, durable, and hard to break. No other earphones have made it this far. The next best earphones lasted only 3 months before getting stepped on to destruction. So it's a big thumbs up to the take-no-prisoners Turtle Beach Ear force X 12 Earphones.

28.05.2016 17:08

Advantages

• "Bright and good quality screen"
      • "Very fast"
      • "Good price and delivery as promised"

Disadvantages

• "In use on your lap the rear edge of the screen digs into your legs as the hinge is a very odd design. It's fine on a desk!"
      • "The plastic case of the laptop is a bit cheap and not up to the standard of branded laptops"

Good machine, quality and design could be better

Ordering and delivery was as advertised - no issues.

The laptop is as specified, is very quick and nice to use.

The only issues are as follows:

The quality of the case is not as good as a branded laptop and I am not sure how long it will last.
      The design of the hinge means that with the laptop open the rear edge of the screen digs into your legs, the hinge should be redesigned to eliminate this.

28.05.2016 15:57

Advantages

• "Regular order updates"
      • "Good prices"
      • "Excellent customer service"

Disadvantages

I would recommend PC Specialists to anyone. Good prices and outstanding customer service.

There is absolutely nothing bad or negative that I can say about PC Specialists. From the moment I ordered my custom build laptop until the day it was delivered, I received updates on its progress. Their pricing is very good and no high street retailer can touch them for pc specs v's prices.

I simply wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

28.05.2016 15:54

Advantages

• "good cable management"
      • "- fast boot"

Disadvantages

• "time to build"

Will use the service again, maybe next time get faster build

The PC is fine for the moment, hope i can say this for years to come. The guide is good that was included

28.05.2016 13:58

Advantages

• "Pre-installed software"
      • Packaging

Disadvantages

Extremely happy with this product

Couldn't wait to receive this. Made up with the PC - it was everything that I wanted.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown