23.07.2014 13:27

Advantages

• Mess-free
      • "Quick and easy"
      • "Doesn't dry out nails"
      • "Nice smelling"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't work well with all nail polishes"
      • "Only use on fingernails"

Mess-free Finger Nail Polish Remover

The Bourjois Magic Nail Polish remover is my favourite of this type of nail polish remover. I’ve also tried the Nails Inc version which didn’t quite live up to the performance of the Bourjois. The 75ml bottle is lined with a foam sponge soaked in nail polish remover and rather than wasting 3 or 4 balls of cotton wool, just requires you to place your finger in the bottle and wipe your nail against the foam.

The biggest thing with Bourjois products is they always smell good. Being a nail polish remover it is still rather pungent but the red fruit and vanilla fragrance does a great job of masking the harsh chemical smell. This scent does linger on your fingers but is very easily washed off.

The Magic Nail Polish remover states it only takes 1 second per nail and quite often I do find that is quite right. However if my nails have a base coat, two to three coats of polish and a top coat I do have to keep wiping but generally this may only be an extra once or twice. With Rimmel’s Space Dust (a glittery polish) though I have to switch back to cotton wool because it actually rips little bits of the foam out of the bottle and takes a good five or six attempts to remove the polish (or rather it removes the polish but the glitter is so stubborn). The glitter is then left in the bottle.

The biggest downside of the Bourjois Polish remover is the fact you are quite restricted to only using it on your fingers. For review purposes (of course) I did try it on my toes and ended up spilling the polish remover on the floor – it doesn’t feel like you’re putting your hands/toes in a bottle of liquid but there is still a lot in it. You can soak some cotton wool in it if needed but that’s just not as user friendly as traditional bottles of remover.

After using it, I find the sweet almond oil does leave my nails feeling slightly moisturised although not to the point of actually feeling the product left on the skin. It also benefits from being acetone and paraben free which is important as acetone can dry nails out and parabens may be linked to health problems.

Overall, the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish remover is quick and easy to use, but only on your fingernails and only with certain nail polishes. That said though I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again. Better still I got my remover free in an offer at Boots but usually priced at £4.99 it lasts absolutely ages.

23.07.2014 13:17

Advantages

• "Kind to sensitive skin"
      • "Reasonable price"
      • "Work Well"

'Simply' Fuss Free..!

A while back, I purchased several items from the well-known Garnier brand of skincare items online at www.amazon.co.uk, with this review outlining my experiences of trying the "Garnier Simply Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes."
      I bought a couple of these packs of wipes, and paid in the region of £1.90 per pack which I felt was a reasonable price as each pack contains 25 wipes within.
      The packaging is fairly standard for a product like this one, comprising of a square-shaped package made of plastic. There is a sticky 'label' closure seal on front of the pack. I have been impressed with how sturdy the seal closure is; the seal remains stuck down firmly between uses.
      The wipes themselves are white in colour, and have a square-ish shape. I find that their material is rather soft which I like. I like too, how one side of the wipes has a textured surface, although I do have to stress that this is not at all abrasive or 'rough' in its texture; the whole wipe feels lovely and soft.
      I do have to say that the Garnier Wipes are slightly smaller than some of the other brands that I've been using recently, but I couldn't say that they felt too small for their purpose, and I don't recall ever having to use more than one wipe to achieve good results. The wipes are without any scent or fragrance, and are completely free from alcohol so they feel gentle.
      In fact, these particular wipes have been formulated "Especially for sensitive skin" according to the front of the pack which is ideal for me.
      To use the wipes, I simply need to remove one from the pack and then gently 'sweep' the wipe across the face and eyes which will remove make-up easily. I do find that the Garnier Facial Cleansing Wipes are 'wet' enough to remove make-up without much effort being required, but I like how they are not so moist that they feel uncomfortable on my face. Make-up is removed effortlessly, without me having to 'scrub' at the delicate eye area.

I do find that make-up is removed effortlessly, but I find too that the Garnier Wipes work well when no make-up is being worn too. On these occasions, I find that the wipes work well at refreshing my skin and removing any residue that may be lurking. I particularly like how these wipes have one textured side as this feels like it is cleansing my face thoroughly on these occasions. Skin is left feeling thoroughly refreshed, without any 'tackiness' being left behind on the skin afterwards.
      There is a notable 'fuss-free' method to using these wipes, and they have slotted into my everyday skincare routine without fuss or hassle.
      A final valid point to note, I think, is the fact that my sensitive skin has never suffered any irritation or aggravation from the product and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them for those consumers who suffer with sensitive skin.

• Beats Wireless / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      23.07.2014 12:55

Advantages

• "Excellent sound quality"
      • Comfortable
      • "Good range of colours"
      • "Good value and versatility"
      • "Excellent wireless battery life"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• None!

Wireless beats are the best way to listen to the beat!

I managed to find a reputable seller on eBay selling a red pair of these wireless beats for £149 so I went ahead and bought them. They come in a big fold out box with a moon shape foam carry case. They beats fold up and fit into the carry case alongside a USB charger lead and wires for the headphones if your wireless charge runs out on the move. I was initially very impressed at how slick the beats were along with their carry case.

I proceeded to charge the beats fully according to the instructions and then, once fully charged, set out to connect the beats to my iPad. This was such an easy process. You basically just turn on your iPad Bluetooth and hold down the power button on the beats for roughly 4-5 seconds. The beats then become discoverable and connect within seconds. You can then start listening to music straight away!

The sound quality on these headphones is excellent. The wireless range is fine - it works all around my flat but if I go outside that radius you will lose sound. It is, however, very rare to be that far away from your smartphone or tablet so the range isn't really an issue. You sometimes hear that wireless headphones don't give the best sound quality but that is not the case with the wireless beats.

The next best thing about these headphones is that they are extremely comfortable, I am sure all of you reading this review will be familiar of how sore your ears can get when listening to music through standard ear phones that sit in your ear. Well that no longer is a problem with the wireless beats. They are so comfortable to use that I sometimes forget I have them on when i am humming away to the music!

The wireless battery life is extremely long and very satisfying. I have these headphones for maybe three months now and I have only had to charge them once (battery life is listed as 10-12 hours) and I use them regularly! This is a huge plus as battery drainage is a huge problem now with modern technology.

These beats are very versatile - there is the option to use them with the standard wires which you can attach. I never use them as my question would be 'why buy wireless when I am going to use the wires anyway?' but I suppose it gives you the option and allows you to continue listening if your battery runs dead.

I found these headphones excellent value for the price I paid (£149) but I don't think I would go to the RRP at the time of £250. This is just personal choice but I still think at £250 they are not bad value for such a high end product.

Overall I would definitely recommend these headphones for anyone who loves listening to music! 5 out of 5.

23.07.2014 12:51

Advantages

• "long lasting"
      • "blends well"
      • "easy to apply"
      • "beautiful range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "the price"

Beautiful eye shadows that blend together & are long lasting.

THE PRODUCT: These eye shadows from the Body Shop are intensely pigmented and come in a pearlescent and matte colour (depending on the colour) and they have a silky-soft texture. The eye shadows are really easy to blend and are great for building up layers or colour. They can be used on their own or together to create different looks and effects. Then eye shadow opens from the front and the lid stays attached to the rest of the packaging. This is great as it means there is no chance of the lid falling off when the eye shadow is in your make-up bag. I purchased two eye shadows, one of which was a very light beige colour called ‘Oh, Honey’ and another one which was a copper looking colour and was called ‘Melt My Heart’.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The eye shadow is prices at 7.00 which does seem a little pricey for one eye-shadow but they are very good quality and look lovely on. The eye shadow comes in 30 different shades.

USING THE PRODUCT: The eye shadows can be used wet or dry, depending on the look you are trying to create and how intense you want the colour to look. To apply this product I use a Body Shop eye shadow brush (£9.00) which can be purchased in store or online. I carefully ran the brush over the top of the eye shadow a few times to ensure that there was a good amount on the brush. I did blow the brush lightly to get rid of any loose bits of the eye shadow; although there didn’t seem to be much. I carefully ran the brush lightly over my eye lid to cover it in the eye shadow. Although I could see that there was some eye shadow on there I wanted the colour to be a little stronger so I ran the brush over the eye shadow again and then applied a little more, ensuring I applied a little into the corners of my eyes (do this carefully) and also as close to the lower lash line as possible. I finished the look off with a little brown eye liner (also from The Body Shop) as close to the lower lash line as possible. I applied this quite lightly and smudged it slightly to soften the lines. I then used eye lash curlers and applied a few coats of mascara to complete the look.

RESULTS: When looking in the mirror at the finished results I loved the look of the eye shadow and it looked even better with the brown eye liner on my lower lash line. When checking on my make-up half way through the day the eye shadow still looked great and it hadn’t really worn off at all which I was impressed with. At the end of that day I removed make make-up using a facial cleansing wipe (Simple cleansing wipes) and I found that the eye shadow came off effortlessly without me having to rub at my eyes.

• 24 - Season 1 (DVD) / TV Series / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.07.2014 12:35

Advantages

• "twists and turns leaving you completely gobsmacked"
      • "Stellar cast"
      • "Thrilling and full of suspense from the very first second"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive for such an old series"
      • "You cannot miss an episode"
      • " you have to invest in every second "
      • "Hard to follow"
      • "A little bit cliche at times"

This is a truly excellent TV show! Every single second of every hour is thrilling

24 Season 1

*N.B. This Review May Contain Spoilers. DO NOT read if you do not wish to know what has happened.

This item can be found at its cheapest on Amazon for £9.75.

24 is one of the first television pilots that it totally captivating and exciting from the very first second. Normally a TV show takes a few episodes to get into the swing of things and find its feet, but from the get go this series has direction and the characters are immediately established with depth and personality, a result of the show having a truly stellar cast.

Below is a synopsis of the series, episode by episode.

Episode 1: Midnight-1:00 AM (Pilot)
      The opening episode sees an FBI agent’s desperate challenge to halt an assassination attempt, ensuring drama from the offset.

Episode 2: 1:00 AM-2:00 AM
      The follow-up episode sees a scandal that threatens to destroy the campaign of a Presidential contender, covered up, whilst key information about Palmer’s investigation is is divulged during a fraught phone call.

Episode 3: 2:00 AM-3:00 AM
      Palmer meets with a confidant who assures him “I'll take care of it.”

Episode 4: 3:00 AM-4:00 AM
      Jack is stumped by a mystery key card. Knowing that it could be a valuable piece of information he relies on the help and information of a former colleague.

Episode 5: 4:00 AM-5:00 AM
      Kim finally comes face to face with the captors' behind her abduction in this episode, whilst elsewhere York uncovers his daughter’s whereabouts. As Jack attempts to question a killer, someone unwittingly gets in the way.

Episode 6: 5:00 AM-6:00 AM
      As Janet continues to fight for her life in the hospital, Jack must identify a body.

Episode 7: 6:00 AM-7:00 AM
      Jack is under strict instructions to breach major CTU security – but is this request worth the risk?
      Palmer goes public with Keith's secret, much to the disagreement and contention of those around him.

Episode 8: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM
      As shocking information about Nina in uncovered early on in this investigation, Jack makes a shock discovery of his own, as he realises exactly what his role in Gaines’ plan involves.

Episode 9: 8:00 AM-9:00 AM
      The CIA totally dismisses Jack’s account about the power Plant incident – but are they right to do so?

Episode 10: 9:00 AM-10:00 AM
      A clue on a computer disk has massive consequences for Tony whilst Jack continues to avoid the police whilst on his quest to find the missing girls.

Episode 11: 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
      Jacks interrogation is at times unbearable to watch, there is nothing that he won’t do to uncover the location of his family.

Episode 12: 11:00 AM-12:00 Noon
      In this episode, Jack finally locates his family's whereabouts. After unprecedented success, Palmer realises just how extreme his supporters are and what the consequences could be if they should fail. Can he back out or is it too late?

Episode 13: 12:00 Noon-1:00 PM
      We have another interrogation this episode, this time Green grills Jamey's mother, but without Jack’s tenacity.

Episode 14: 1:00 PM-2:00 PM
      CTU advise Palmer of new information they have received. Fearing for his safety, he chooses to leave California for good. Once again Jack is separated from his family.

Episode 15: 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
      Palmer and Jack discover they share an acquaintance, but unfortunately he is also a target. Fearing they are still in danger, Teri and Kim are finally granted access to a safe house.

Episode 16: 3:00 PM-4:00 PM
      After an argument between the girls, Nina storms out of the safe house, leaving both girls vulnerable and in grave danger.

Episode 17: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM
      The best lead of the series so far is finally uncovered. Could time finally be running out for the bad guys? And are the bad guys really who we think they are?

Episode 18: 5:00 PM-6:00 PM
      Following on from the previous episode, Jack continues to chase this lead. Unfortunately the agent he must work with isn’t exactly his biggest fan. What are the real reasons for this hostility and bitterness?

Episode 19: 6:00 PM-7:00 PM
      After’s Dan’s brother learns of his death, he will stop at nothing to ensure justice is done. Teri desperate to regain any memories at all, decides to retrace her footsteps, starting off by returning home. But does she really want to know the truth?

Episode 20: 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
      As the nation gets to grips with Palmer's shocking press conference, Kim is coerced into lying to the police – but who is this ‘story’ protecting?

Episode 21: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM
      This episode sees Drazen and Jack fighting over their respective responsibilities, and back up is required.

Episode 22: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM
      This episode sees a lot of unexpected double crossing. Palmer reacts to the news that Victor is still alive by making a deal that will assist Jack in his pursuit; meanwhile Victor is in the process of propositioning the FBI.

Episode 23: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM
      The twist in this episode is the discovery of a second very unexpected traitor, which leaves everyone wondering just who exactly they can trust.

Episode 24: 11:00 PM-Midnight
      The season finale spells the end of the deception which has bought Jack the time and means to carry out with his plans. But will he get his way?

• The dooyoo Redesign / Discussion / 4 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.07.2014 12:27

Advantages

• "Nice to see some regular reviewers still here"

Disadvantages

• "I feel utterly lost"

Help needed for an old user who feels like a clueless newbie x

Hi guys, I have been off of here for some time, had been made redundant and time just vanished for anything other than looking for jobs. So now that life has calmed down a little I was keen to get back on here but it looks so different I feel as though I am totally lost. I have read through the guides and FAQ's but I still feel really lost. If there are any regular reviewers out there who have been on since before all the changes took place, could you either direct me to the best place to read up on the changes or share your own tips and advice? When I started up at first you guys were so helpful in getting me started up and I in turn gave advice to other new members as they joined but now the site looks so complicated I am really struggling to work out how to use it. It took me 25 mins to find where to post this (eventually I searched back back back through my old posts and found one I posted about Christmas shopping, and used the link on that). Even if you just want to drop by and say hi I would love to hear from you guys, have missed this community :-)

23.07.2014 12:02

Advantages

• Flashbacks
      • "Combination of genres"

Disadvantages

• "Some of the fight scenes are a little clunky"

'A man like any other,' in a series not like any other

What happens when a Shaolin monk commits a crime in the nineteenth century and has to hide out in the American Wild West? This series. And it is a lot better than you would think.

The fascination in this series comes from the clash of cultures and genres - what we have here is a Western series with Kung Fu moves and a Buddhist philosophy. You wouldn't think it would work, yet somehow, it does.

The reasoning behind Caine (played fantastically by David Carradine) moving to America is that he is, in fact, half-American, but joined the Shaolin temple when he was orphaned. There is a chance he may still have family in America. The convenience of this (apart from the fact that it makes more sense for him to be in the USA) is that David Carradine was not Chinese, so there had to be a reason why his features were largely that of an American/European man.

Some of the fight scenes sometimes don't quite hit the mark - but I suppose that's what you get with 1970s Hollywood extras - largely though, the fight scenes are good enough to keep the story moving. This being a shaolin monk fighting cowboys however, it's never quite going to look like Swan Lake.

The flashbacks, starring the fantastic Keye Luke (who also starred in Gremlins) will make you want to start calling people grasshopper whenever you teach them anything. Flashbacks are a big part of this series, so if you generally don't like them, perhaps this isn't the right series for you.

Overall, a great series, with a fascinating take on both cultures.

23.07.2014 11:05

Advantages

• "cool and refreshing fragrance"

Disadvantages

• "can be expensive"

Cool and refreshing

Hugo Boss over the past years has become an ever growing brand. I have always been a fan of Hugo boss fragrances, for its cool and refreshing smell. A huge number of people have heard of Hugo Boss fragrances, but few appreciate its quality.

Like all other things i shop around for this sort of product, because the price can vary. I say Vary, but many places that sell these kinds of products ask way too much, and it seems to me that it is unfair on the common man such as myself, trying to buy himself a little treat! If you know where to look, you can pick up a bottle of Hugo boss for only £20! Instead of paying the typical £40 and above, and this is for a full size bottle bot just a tester.

The fragrance comes in a standard looking bottle, with a grey screw cap which is attached to the bottle. I do like that the bottle is standard, some fragrances do tend to try and go all out when creating a bottle style, and quite honestly some of them look insane! I buy perfume and fragrances for their smell, not for how ridiculous you can make the bottle look!

Hugo Boss has been around since 1995, so it is evident that they are doing something right! The smell of the perfume lasts too, which is a rare trait for most fragrances these days.

My suggestion would be to give this a go, its cool refreshing smell will have you hooked on the great Hugo Boss!

23.07.2014 10:21

Advantages

• "Amazing scent that lasts"
      • "Lathers well"
      • "Lovely product"

Disadvantages

• "Very expensive"

An amazing body wash but a bit pricey for regular use

I subscribe to the monthly Birchbox which means I get a selection of cosmetics and toiletry samples every month. Last year, one of my samples was a Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang body wash. I’d never tried the Molton Brown range before – I usually use Lush or Soap & Glory – so I was intrigued.

A 300ml bottle of this body wash costs GBP18, so this stuff isn’t cheap. It contains Madagascan ylang-ylang, yuan zhi (which apparently helps to rebalance) and warm cedarwood oil. I love the scent of this product – it is rich and calming, having some of the properties of lavender without actually smelling of lavender. Ylang-ylang is often used in perfumes and this shower gel certainly smells sophisticated and luxurious. It is a lovely rich dark purple colour too.

Only a small amount of the gel is needed in the shower, and it lathers up brilliantly on the shower puff. The scent is very strong and it is really comforting to use. It doesn’t irritate my skin at all, and in fact feels slightly moisturising.

After use, I can smell the shower gel on my body. I am really impressed with how the scent lasts. I do need to use body lotion afterwards (I have the matching Molton Brown lotion) but not as much as usual.

Apparently the body wash can also be used in the bath – I haven’t tried this as I have lots of Lush stuff to use up. I think it would work really well though, judging by the lovely relaxing scent.

Despite the price of this shower gel, I would consider treating myself to a full size bottle. As my introduction to the Molton Brown brand, it has made me consider sampling some of the other items in the range – I’m definitely impressed!

23.07.2014 10:06

Advantages

• reliable
      • fast
      • small

Disadvantages

• "small screen"

compact, light and reliable!

We own a number of laptops, all used for different things, as we work online and require multiple access to the internet.

We first saw this laptop in a high street store, it was displayed with the other Acer laptops. I have always admires Acer, my first laptop i ever bought was a small Acer laptop and it served me well for years before i upgraded.

This note book is light for what it is, with a 17.3" screen. I have always preferred a larger screen on my devices, but i found the pros outweighed the cons with this, and the screen size was just about enough for me to work on.

The laptop is very portable. Weighing in at just over 3kg, this laptop is so light it is great to take out and about with you. Cases can be bought with the laptop and it is very comfortable to carry.

The laptop had a touch pad, which is great to use but i have always like a mouse, i find it much easier to work with.

The laptop has an Intel core i3 processor, which is great for gamers and people who enjoy to surf the web, I found that this laptop is very useful just for day to day activities. We have never really been the gaming type, but the processor is fast enough for people to game on, the only downfall is the size of the screen as I can imagine people who game online to prefer large screens.

All in all this is a great laptop for everyone, great as a starter laptop for old and young alike. It is very easy to use and runs on windows which is the most popular platform.

• Sony XPERIA Z / Smartphone / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      23.07.2014 09:34

Advantages

• "clear calls"
      • "Big screen"

Disadvantages

• "large phone"

Big and powerful phone.

The Sony Xperia Z1 is by far the best of its kind. My partner recently upgraded from her old Xperia phone to this one last week. The phone had several upgrades that her old phone did not have, all of which met her needs brilliantly.

The main difference with this phone is the screen, it is much larger than the old version of the phone, which is good on lots of levels, especially if you intend to play games with the phone. because this phone is touch screen, the extra sized screen is very helpful for texting. I myself have quite big hands, so if i wish to send a text using her phone it is incredibly useful for me.

Secondly, the phone is supposedly waterproof. The amount of times i have heard friends say they have ruined there phone by dropping it down the toilet is unreal. I cannot understand how people manage to drop there phone down the toilet, why anyone would want to use there phone whilst doing there business shall we say is beyond me! But for these people this feature would be very handy!

The phone runs on android, which is brilliant for the range of apps available, both free and paid. Android is a very popular phone platform, which grows bigger every week which is useful for everyone who enjoys apps.

The call quality on this phone is brilliant too, it is crisp clear and precise which is an important aspect when buying any phone. The phone itself is very large, which some people would not like, especially if you are wearing clothes with only small pockets, but I like a bigger phone myself. The only downfall to me is the sound level, it is not a very loud phone where music is concerned, it sounds fine on headphones, but not played on the loud speaker.

All in all i think this is a fabulous phone, with a brilliant processor which makes this phone very fast. Anyone who has previously enjoyed an Xperia phone, will certainly enjoy this better version.

23.07.2014 08:41

Advantages

• "fast processor "
      • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• none!

Fantastic product, fast, reliable and easy to use

The Samsung galaxy tab is the smallest of the range. We actually got this tablet free with our phone upgrade, to sweeten the deal i think, but we wasn't really complaining because we was looking for a new tablet anyway.

The tablet is probably the easiest one we have owned. It is very easy to navigate and i think it is fast for the size. It is sleek and light, which i think is important especially when taking the device out and about. The tablet is available in three colors, white, gold and black. I think the gold one looks kind of cheap though, i recommend getting the white one, it looks a lot more professional.

Before we got this tablet we had the Samsung galaxy 2 phone, now i think these are very similar to the tablet, but the screen is bigger. I have always liked these products, there highly sought after and a quality made device. We got ours in white, which looks good but it is very very easy to scratch and get scuff marks on it, which can kind of ruin the tablet unless you are careful, but there are many cases available for this, we have a penguin one for ours which I thought was brilliant!

There are hundreds if not thousands of apps available for the tablet, a lot of which are available free. The tablet runs on Android, so the range of apps is similar to what is available on Android phones too. My favorite app has got to be Angry Birds, which works really well because of the size of the screen.

For anyone looking for a first time tablet, or just an upgrade from what you have now, I recommend getting one of these gadgets, it is a fairly cheap alternative to others. For what it is i think this product is a great buy! These tablets are currently only around £100, so its a great time to get one.

These products are brilliant for adults and kids alike. There are parental controls on the device so you can restrict what your kids can do on these. This is cheaper than most gaming consoles, and you can do a lot more with it too. This can also be used as a work device, i know a number of companies that have started using tablets instead of computers simply because there easier to run. Instead of having to load up a laptop, you simply have to press a button on the top of the tablet and off you go, it is as easy as that! Fantastic product in my opinion!

23.07.2014 07:13

Advantages

• "A better alternative then Tomcase Medicines"
      • "Creates good amount of Vitamins in body"

Disadvantages

• "Some bodies May not get benifits"
      • Expensive

Good and by far the best among all of the Cures

Vitamin C is one of the safest and most effective nutrients, experts say. It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.

A recent study published in Seminars in Preventive and Alternative Medicine that looked at over 100 studies over 10 years revealed a growing list of benefits of vitamin C.

"Vitamin C has received a great deal of attention, and with good reason. Higher blood levels of vitamin C may be the ideal nutrition marker for overall health," says study researcher Mark Moyad, MD, MPH, of the University of Michigan. "The more we study vitamin C, the better our understanding of how diverse it is in protecting our health, from cardiovascular, cancer, stroke, eye health [and] immunity to living longer."

"But," Moyad notes, "the ideal dosage may be higher than the recommended dietary allowance."

How Much Vitamin C Is Enough?

Most of the studies Moyad and his colleagues examined used 500 daily milligrams of vitamin C to achieve health results. That's much higher than the RDA of 75-90 milligrams a day for adults. So unless you can eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, you may need to take a dietary supplement of vitamin C to gain all the benefits, Moyad says. He suggests taking 500 milligrams a day, in addition to eating five servings of fruits and vegetables.

"It is just not practical for most people to consume the required servings of fruits and vegetables needed on a consistent basis, whereas taking a once-daily supplement is safe, effective, and easy to do," Moyad says. He also notes that only 10% to 20% of adults get the recommended nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily.

Moyad says there is no real downside to taking a 500-milligram supplement, except that some types may irritate the stomach. That's why he recommends taking a non-acidic, buffered form of the vitamin. "The safe upper limit for vitamin C is 2,000 milligrams a day, and there is a great track record with strong evidence that taking 500 milligrams daily is safe," he says.

Still, American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Dee Sandquist, RD, suggests doing your best to work more fruits and vegetables into your diet before taking supplements.

"Strive to eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily, because you will get a healthy dose of vitamin C along with an abundance of other vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are good for disease prevention and overall health," she says.

While a cup of orange juice or a half-cup of red pepper would be enough to meet your RDA for Vitamin C, here are all the foods and beverages you'd need to consume to reach 500 milligrams (mg):

Cantaloupe, 1 cup (8 ounces): 59mg
      Orange juice, 1 cup: 97mg
      Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup: 74mg
      Red cabbage, 1/2 cup: 40mg
      Green pepper, 1/2 cup, 60mg
      Red pepper, 1/2 cup, 95mg
      Kiwi, 1 medium: 70mg
      Tomato juice, 1 cup: 45mg.

So Biovea is good for using for those who have lesser amount of vitamins in their bodies.

23.07.2014 04:18

Advantages

• Fast
      • "Great Design"
      • "Ok Price"

Disadvantages

• "Is worse than the S5"

Best Phone Ever

Best Phone Ever. Bought one a couple of months ago, and loved it since. Even though it's not as good as the S5 (which my wife owns) It Is Also Cool to Own.

23.07.2014 04:12

Advantages

• "Good For People with less Vitamin C"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Great, But expensive

If you have low Vitamin C, Hate oranges, and is rich. Buy This product

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown