• Sally Hansen Mega Shine / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.07.2015 17:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

Sally Hansen Mega Shine

The Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat is available for GBP 6.39.

The top coat is described as follows. "Sally Hansen Mega Shine features: Exclusive micro-diamond formula with light-reflective diamond particles to add shine and strength. Mirror shine. Dries manicure from top to bottom in 60 seconds! Prolongs manicure for up to 8 days! Fuses and seals manicure layers into one protective shield. Resists chipping, cracking, peeling and damaging moisture. Special UV inhibitors keep colour fresh and stops fading. Forms a super-hard protective waterproof shield to seal nail colour."

The packaging made on me at first not particularly high-quality impression, but that may be simply a matter of opinion. When the brush is an average slim model that receives the paint very well and releases it again. With such brushes I'm personally cope best. Before this paint is used, I wear a base coat, two layers of a color lake usually. Between the two layers of paint I wait each about 10 minutes and then put only this paint, because I personally use it rather than on pretty solid on still wet lacquer. This paint can be spread easily due to its consistency and does not form streaks. Then the paint dries actually within 60 seconds. I was among the first uses really very surprised, because that has not yet managed to paint as a fourth layer. Usually I have to wait for hours until the paint looks so strong and the next morning, I then nevertheless again Macken on the nails. The effect is as quick-drying, as described previously, my feeling is truly outstanding. In fact, the individual layers are completely dry in seconds and I want to paint this not definitely miss. In addition, this coating ensures a properly smooth and stable surface, so he sealed the paint color really. The result is a very noble and intense shine that can only be described as a "mirror gloss".
      My expensive paints already possess per se, although a very nice sheen, but this paint can even here yet ensure minimal more shine without distorting the color per se. Thus it should be clear that this paint is ungeeiget, if you prefer a matte finish. The shelf life of my color paints will still be extended through this top coat a bit, so even cheaper paints now hold a few days longer than usual. Splintering and flaking is very good indeed prevented, unless it is just on the nail structure. As color restorer also this paint is ideal because then the color coat gets new look, which is not necessary if you have already applied this paint directly after painting. The durability of the paint I can not complain too, so I could let him together with color paint over a week on the nails.

• Yogi Tea Classic Tea / Tea / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.07.2015 17:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

YOGI TEA Classic

The YOGI TEA Classic is available for GBP 2.19.

The tea is described as follows. "YOGI TEA® Classic is the tea that Yogi Bhajan originally served to his yoga students. This unique blend is a combination of the traditional Ayurvedic spices cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and black pepper. Heart-warming, relaxing, delicious, spicy and wonderful. Best enjoyed in the Indian tradition: sweetened and with a little milk or milk substitute. The essence of this tea is: ‘Comfort and abundance’."

The ingredients are cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, black pepper and cinnamon oil.

This type of tea contains teabags which are housed in a red resealable cardboard. Nutritional values ​​are not printed. There is information about Yogi Tea, Ayurveda and yoga exercise. In addition, almost all ingredients are from organic farming. The Tea smells already out of the package strongly after the main ingredient cinnamon. The individual tea bags are again housed in paper bags. The preparation is carried out according to the usual pattern, you should leave this tea pull definitely at least the prescribed seven minutes, as otherwise does not come the taste to its best advantage. When taste more of Black pepper comes into its own and there is a big difference to the sweet smell. I had first time to try a few cups to get used to the taste. This tea fits in my opinion, good to relax and to be enjoyed in such an atmosphere, particularly as this also provides the company concept so. About this gift, I was very happy and therefore forgive happy all 5 stars and recommend it to anyone interested to enjoy in a relaxed environment on.

• Rowan / Plant / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.07.2015 16:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Visually Striking & Great For Wildlife

The Rowan tree, also known as Mountain Ash, is an excellent choice for those with medium to large sized gardens, those who are enjoy visually striking trees and those who like to garden for wildlife.

These trees are grown easily from sapling size or bigger and I have found mine very easy to maintain. Mine also grew quite quickly into a mature sized tree within just a few years. They are a classified as a small tree or a large shrub (reaching a height of around 10-15 metres) but mine has grown to be quite thin (rather than with a wide spread), skyward pointing and tall so I like to prune it back every couple of years to maintain the smaller size.

The trees have distinctive flat, oval shaped deep green leaves which look symmetrical along each branch. This makes them the tree look somewhat ornamental and very visually stunning. The trees develop bright orangey red fruits or berries which hang in huge grape-like clusters and which are particularly attractive to birds. Blackbirds, redwings, waxwings (if you're lucky) and thrushes find these berries irresistible and nutritious and most years the birds will completely strip my tree of these fruits.

The trees also bring fantastic colour and beauty to the garden during periods when other plants and shrubs are waning. The tree flowers with dense bouquets of delicate white heads which seem attractive to pollinating insects such as bees and wasps. The small berries which develop after the flowering period are particularly eye catching and the leaves of the tree acquire a rusty sheen towards the end of the year and into winter.

I personally am very pleased to have a Rowan tree in my garden and feel that as well as being an attractive feature for me and my family to enjoy it is beneficial to wildlife which is important to me too. I would recommend to gardeners who have the space and time to maintain one of these.

02.07.2015 15:44

Advantages

• "often on offer"
      • comfortable
      • "moulds to your body shape"
      • comfortable

Disadvantages

• "higher price than other pads"

To Infinity And Beyond!

ABOUT: These pads by Always are made with something called Infinicel which is something that has never been used in pads before. The pad itself moulds to the shape of your body giving you a comfortable feeling when you are on your period. These are my favourite pads and I have been using them ever since they came out over a year ago now. The pads come in a range of different sizes starting off with Normal sized pads with no wings. You can also purchase these pads with wings as well for a secure fit.

PRICE: The pads are priced at £3.65 a box of 14 normal pads so they are not the cheapest pads available. The other pads in this range are the same price although you don't get as many in a box.

IN USE: The pads come individually wrapped in a light green wrapper and this can be removed easily in order for you to remove the pad and place it inside your knickers. The pads seems quite thin and despite not using the one's with wings the pad stays securely in place without moving around. I have light periods so only need to use the normal pads which I change every couple of hours. I simply roll the pad up and wrap it in tissue before placing it in the bin. The normal pads are suitable for someone with a fairly light flow and the pads absrob this really well. I don't find the pads uncomfortable and it doesn't feel as though I am wearing a pad sometimes due to them moudling to the shape of your body.

OVERALL: These are good quality pads that I will continue to buy.

02.07.2015 15:36

Advantages

• "kind to eyes"
      • "creamy formula"
      • "easy to apply"
      • "nice range of colours"

Disadvantages

• "eventually wears off"

A reasonable eye-shadow stick but nothing amazing

ABOUT: Lately I have been applying a little white eyeshadow to the inner corners of my eyes to give them a wide eye look. Putting a colour such as white on the inside corners also appears to make you look more awake . . . . apparently! Instead of using eye shadow all the time and applying it with a small brush I thought this product might be easy to use due to it being in a pencil format. Rimmel products are currently on offer in Superdrug and seeing as I had one product I may as well purchase another one to get the cheapest item half price. I chose shade 001 Witness White which as you guessed is a white shade; although this is more of a metallic white shade. I thought the colour was beautiful and despite owning quite a few eye shadows and eye pencils this is a colour I have not actually got so it would make a nice addition to my other eye products in my make up bag. This product is a creamy eyeshadow that is easy to apply due to the precision tip applicator. The ultra-soft formula apparently glides on easily without pulling or tugging at your eyelids. It gives your eyes a subtle or intense look, whichever you preger and it also gives them a high shine and luminous finish. The Stick itself is black and the end of the stick is coloured to match the shade of the product.

PRICE: This is priced at £4.49 from Boots or Superdrug stores and it comes in a range of different colours.

IN USE: Due to the stick formula this product is nice and easy to use and apply. The pencil is nice and light to hold and due to the point of the tip I am able to apply the product to my eyes accurately including the inner corners of the eyes. The eye shadow glides on easily and provides a lovely amount of colour. This particular colour is very noticeable and quite intense but I find that it brings out the colour of my eyes a little more. I applied the product in the morning before going to work.

RESULTS: During the day the product didn't cause any irritation to my eyes which was a good start. The product feels nice and light and it didn't seem to flake off during the day. I did how-ever find that the product can go a little cakey during the day and can settle into the crease sof your eyelid so you may need to apply a little more product or use a clean finger to spread the product over your eyelid a little more. The product does wear off a little during the day and had I of been going out after work I would have needed to re-apply it.

OVERALL: A reasonable eye-shadow stick but nothing amazing.

02.07.2015 15:29

Advantages

• "Issue-based plot"
      • "Well writtem"
      • "Engaging protagonist"

Disadvantages

• "Occasionally Slow"

Am Engaging Novel Set in India

This debut novel by talented Indian author Kishwar Desai is set in a small town in Punjab, Northern India. A young girl, Durga, is in custody for killing her family and setting fire to their home, but something doesn't quite add up. Simran Singh, a social worker who grew up in the area, has been invited to come back and see if she can help the girl open up and get to the bottom of the crime.

Simran is an amazing character: an unmarried, forty-something Indian woman, who drinks and smokes,she is also down to earth and flawed, she is capable of making the same error of judgements that we make in the real world which meant I liked her as a character, I reckon she would be good company. However not everyone is pleased to have her around. Durga has drawn into herself and Simran is having trouble connecting with her and returns to the burnt out house to see what she can find. Simran discovers a history of abuse towards the daughters of the family, and sees how far money and power can get you.

The story is quite issue-based, and portrays parts of India’s patriarchal society in a most unflattering light. However, for the most part, I found the book engaging and an interesting read, but occasionally slow in parts. If you enjoy issue based novels, with good characters and/or enjoy reading about different cultures, then I recommend this book which combines both aspects to make an excellent work of fiction.

• HP Pavilion P6-2065uk / Desktop PC / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.07.2015 13:44

Advantages

• "i7 Processor"

Disadvantages

• "No USB 3.0"

Great value for the money.

The HP Pavilion P6-2065uk it's a shiny nice looking desktop, but of course I didn't buy it for the look, but for the i7 processor, which is fairly fast, still today. The rest is not so great, just good, like the 4 GB DD3 RAM, which you can and you could upgrade by adding another stick of 4 GB so you will have a nice 8 GB RAM.
      It has a tv tuner card so you can easily watch your favourite shows on the monitor.
      Another reason I like this computer it's because of the size of the hard drive, that's 1.5 TB, enough for everything, I never reached more than 50% of the occupied size, so it doesn't matter there is no space for adding a second hard drive inside.
      I also like it because of the 2 USB ports and the card reader in the front, very easy to access.
      Now I really wish it had a USB 3.0 port for the big files transfer.
      The video card it's integrated and it's not so good for gaming, so if you want a gaming desktop this is not for you. I prefer to play on console, so I don't care about gaming performance at my pc. The mouse and the keyboard are wireless.
      It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, boots up pretty quick, and it's very quiet.

Now it's a bit old but it still does his job well so it's a very good value for the money.

02.07.2015 13:31

Advantages

• "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Stood the test of time"

A Big Powerful Microwave that has Stood the test of Time

Intro

It must be 5 years ago now that I had a microwave that broke. At the time I only used the microwave to make flavoured instant porridge for breakfast and so it was no real great loss to me. However, on informing my mum of my lack of microwave she very kindly found that it was her motherly duty to buy me a replacement.
      I do not consider myself a fussy or demanding daughter and as such was very grateful to my mum for buying me a microwave. I was asked if there was anything specific that I wanted and said 'no, anything that you are happy to get me please'. As my mum lives a long way away she arranged for my new microwave to be delivered to me and I was pleasantly surprised when my Morphy Richards AM925EFP silver microwave arrived, although I must say, initially I was surprised at the size as it is big.

Current Price and Availability

As I say, I think it was 5 years ago that I got this microwave. I know that my mum ordered it for me from Argos but do not know how much she paid for it at the time. Looking online I cannot see that the main white good sellers such as Curry's or Argos sell this item any more. The only place that I can see that currently lists this particular microwave is Homebase. It is currently detailed online that Homebase are selling this microwave on eBay at £59.99 reduced from £89.99. I think that this is a pretty good price for a very substantial piece of equipment which is made by a known brand.

Spec

Microwave power output 900 watts.
      Heating category E.
      Interior capacity 25 litres.
      Painted steel interior.
      31.5cm diameter rotating turntable.
      Maximum dish height 19cm.
      5 microwave settings.
      8 auto cook setting.
      Auto weight defrost/cook.
      Defrost.
      95 minute timer.
      24 hour clock.
      Child safety lock.
      Size (H)30.5, (W)51.3, (D)42.5cm.
      Weight 14.3kg.

User Manual

The user manual for the Morphy Richards AM925EFP microwave can be downloaded from the below link:
      I think that this manual is really very useful. It gives the general spec on the product along with the general warnings about not letting your young children use them unattended, and to be careful heating liquids and other items that could explode if full covered.
      In my opinion this manual goes above and beyond listing all items that can be used in the microwave, what should be avoided, details on operating the microwave and even what the cooking times are of certain foods such as potatoes based on weights.
      I find the manual nice and easy to understand, useful and it is all in English which is a bit or a rarity nowadays,

Using the AM925EFP Microwave

Initially looking at this microwave it seems as little confusing as there are no numbers on it. However, there is a circular knob that is used to scroll up and down the numbers.
      Initially turning the microwave on there are 2 main ways that you may want to use the microwave:

Method one, press the top button and select if you want 100% 80% 50% 30% or 10% power. Once decided press the lowest button to confirm. Then use the twisty knob at the bottom to scroll up to the time you require.

Method two: the lowest button if pressed once will microwave at full power for 30 seconds, press twice fir 1 minute, three times for 1 minute 30 and so on.

I find this microwave incredibly easy to use and find I can do everything I want to easily using the above methods I have described. You can do more with this microwave but I'm really not sure why you would want to press that you are having pasta and then detail the weight etc.
      This microwave is large, it is possibly the largest microwave that I have ever used. Because of the size of it there is nothing that I have wanted to put in it that would not fit. For me this is not really a positive as it means that it uses up a lot of my kitchen work top space. However, if you had a large family or a huge appetite I would guess this would come in handy.

This microwave is 900 watts and I find that it heats everything up really nice and quickly. I have to admit I really don't understand how microwaves work but they never seem to heat things up evenly. With this microwave being so powerful I have on just a few occasions ended up with part of my food baking hot and another bit cold, however, I know this is just down to incorrect cooking times.
      The microwave cooking instructions on most food that I have wanted to microwave only gives cooking instructions for microwaves up to 800w or sometimes 850w. This does tend to means that I have to guess on the cooking times or reduce the power level. This is a little annoying but generally just slightly reducing the cooking time seems to work ok I have found.

Cleaning & Maintenance

Of course despite the warnings a about not letting food explode in microwaves this does inevitably happen when you out something to microwave for a little longer than you should. I find that cleaning the inside of this microwave is really pretty easy. There are not a great deal of component parts to take out and it really is the simpler the better. I can take out my glass plate and circular runner underneath it. Then cleaning the inside of my microwave is easy as it is just cleans lines.

I generally always clean my microwave after using it and just wipe it around with a cloth using my washing up liquid. For me keeping the inside clean is quite straight forward. The outside is as bit of another matter as it is next to my cooker and tends to gradually get as build up of grease on it. Every couple of weeks I use a strong degreaser but this clan still be hard work keeping it nice and clean despite regularly wiping it over with a dishcloth.

Other than general cleaning I have not had any maintenance requirement with the microwave. The only issue I have at all is that a little bit of the metal lining inside the door has started to wear away a little but this is only due to wear and tear over time.

Overall I think that this microwave has stood the test of time brilliantly. It is only used at most a couple of times as week but after 5 years I have needed no real maintenance with it.

Anything I would change about this Product?

For me there are only a few little niggles that I have using this microwave. However, I think I would have the same issues with all microwaves. Firstly, because the way my kitchen is designed and how I use it, it would be really nice if I could have a microwave that opens in the opposite way with the door hinge on the right. I recently perused the microwave aisle of a local independent high street seller and the all have the door hinges on the left, I wonder why?

Secondly, my husband has an annoying habit of putting food items on top of the microwave. Then, when the microwave is used the top of the microwave heats up and in turn heats up what he has put on there. Really in an ideal world I would like microwaves to be better insulated so that they did not heat up the surrounding area.

Thirdly, there are a few too many buttons on this microwave in my opinion. In 5 years I have never found the need to use the 'potatoe' button and think that this just over complicates things. However, maybe if I gave it a go I would be converted but who knows.

Overall

I have had my Morphy Richards microwave for 5 years with absolutely no trouble and it heats my food well. Yes I think there are a few too many buttons which could over complicate it but I still find it easy to use. As a result yes I recommend this microwave.

02.07.2015 12:37

Advantages

• Classy

Disadvantages

• "Irritates skin"
      • "Sometimes gets caught"

The bracelet irritated my skin but still looked great

After looking at pictures of this bracelet online, I was thrilled when I got it as a present for one of my birthdays. This didn't last long however as initially, I couldn't even put the bracelet on myself. The gems also stick out of the bracelet and sometimes, when the bracelet has rolled around my arm, they tend to poke into my skin and start to irritate areas around my arm, making them red and itchy. The black beaded areas however do have a very nice texture that rolls up and down without an issue and so, I'd probably much prefer the bracelet without the extra gems. The bracelet however does look quite classy and due to the black and gold colours, it tends to go with almost any outfit I choose. If you can put up with the irritating gems, it does suit as a classy piece of jewellery.

• Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 / Web Design / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.07.2015 12:27

Advantages

Disadvantages

A very useful piece of software for those already experienced in web design

I have done many web design courses over the duration of my education which have helped me to start up my own website and business but I have to say, Adobe Dreamweaver is one of the best web design tools out there. It's clearer, more streamlined and easier to use than notepad, notepad ++ etc. It also allows you to easily see what is assigned to a specific object, which is extremely useful when designing a webpage as it makes it much easier to go through and edit in the future. I've never really had an issue running the program on any computer, although on some less powerful machines, there is the very occasional slow down when opening larger files. For those that have already had experience with web design, it's an easy piece of software to use and understand but for those less experienced or completely new to web design, you may find it a little too complicated to use without any external help.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      02.07.2015 11:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Service

I needed a new computer because my old Dell was on it's last legs.Looking around I couldn't find the spec I wanted for the price,until I came across the PC Specialist web site.Having read the reviews I decided to give them a go.I'm glad I did,they kept me up to date with the progress of my order every step of the way.Great service,great products,great price,thoroughly recommended.

02.07.2015 11:17

Advantages

• "50 number phone book"
      • "clear screen"
      • "clear calls"
      • "Nice look"

Disadvantages

• "no answer machine"

A simple phone for a simple life ... and why not?

This is another of the cordless phones that I have had the pleasure of using, although some I have hated as they are about as useful as sunglasses on a man with no ears. But this one is a rather fine one.
      It looks the same as any other phone. Number buttons at the bottom section, just above the microphone. Then, above the number keys there's the call end, call connect, menu, 'yes', ;no' and directional buttons.
      Then there's the screen which is a nice size and seems to look better with the wide black frame around it. This makes the blue colouring of the screen stand out a bit better I think.
      This is not an answer machine, even if it does look like one when it's sat on the base. Btu the base is simply a charger and, using the button on the front, a way to find the handset if you've lost it.

When some one calls you a a number will appear on the screen, or a name if you a have added them to the fifty number phone book. This name or number appears in black with the blue glow in the background looks clear enough to see exactly what it is/
      during a call you can mute the microphone, meaning that you can press the mute button if you want to talk about the person you're talking to to someone in the room, or if someone in the room is talking to you and you don't want the caller to hear
      The call quality is excellent, using the good invention that is DECT, Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telephone, so you know that when you're on a call you are going to hear and be heard.

This phone, that does NOT have an answering machine, which is why I got rid of this after a while, cost about £15.00

• Acer Aspire Switch 10 / Laptop / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
      02.07.2015 10:31

Advantages

• "Battery autonomy"
      • "2 in 1"

Disadvantages

• "No USB 3.0"

It's great for your second computing device.

Acer Aspire Switch 10 it's a tablet (with touch screen) if you need a tablet or a laptop if you need a laptop. How cool is that ? For the price, this is a great device or devices because it's 2 in 1 kind of thing.
      The first thing you have to do with this device it's to update the bios, and of course other drivers, but bios it's important because the last version fixes a lot of issues it had before.
      The keyboard is detachable from the tablet which is magnetically attached.
      We can also attach the tablet backwards so we can use it like a photo frame or if we want to do a little presentation.
      It comes with Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 Student edition, which is great.
      Another good thing it's the battery, which last longer than a regular laptop, and even if it's smaller, it doesn't become warm, like most laptops do. So it's good if you want to go in a trip, as you will have more autonomy and less weight to carry around.
      Even if it's made of plastic, it sure looks very nice.
      The resolution it's not full HD, but at this size (10 inches), we barely see the difference anyway.
      This device could be appropriate to a kid at school and home, even for a few light games, and for little office work like emails, documents, web browsing, watch movies.
      If you want to do heavy processing (video or photo editing) you just have to use your main desktop or laptop.

• The Works / Highstreet Shopping / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

This shop is my crafting saviour!

The Works advertises itself as a discount book store, but it is so much more than that. The stock which frequently takes up space in this shop is

- Children's and adults books.
      - Children's Toys
      - Children's Crafts
      - Stationary
      - Board Games and Jigsaws
      - DVD box sets
      - Stationery
      - Crafts
      - Art Supplies

I regularly use the works for all of the above, but my visits mainly consist of crafting and art supplies.

I regularly paint and draw, and this has everything you would need; paintbrushes, canvas, art paper, oil, acrylic and water paints, sketching pads, pencils, pens, the list could go on. All the items are great quality for creating artwork with and I always get good results, and the prices a a LOT cheaper than stationers and specialist art shops.

Another project I currently have on the go is a dolls house. Again, I get nearly all my items for this from The Works. Their craft items include - bundles of fabric, buttons, wooden ornaments, minature picture frames, ribbon, spray paints, mini themed items such as pegs, letter cubes, flowers...etc. They also sell crafting boards, knives, storage and sewing boxes.

Another bonus is that The Works have now introduced a member card which you can log all your purchases on and build up money off items each quarter, which is great when you a regular shopper there like myself.

It's a great shop, and one of the shops I visit the most in my town, I just wish it was a bit bigger!

• Yeezus - Kanye West / Music Album / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Dark, original, artistic and groundbreaking. Some of his best work.

I am not a rap fan at all, my preference is rock and metal, but something about Kanye West's music has always attracted me, and he hasn't failed with this album!

Kanye hasn't been the most popular choice in the press lately, and his choice of partner just fueled the criticism. Smug, arrogant, angry and moody, I think he is never taken with the pinch of salt that his so needed for his very tongue in check, F you kind of arrogance.

Yeezus, clearly a play on words is quite a dark album, and the artwork is also quite dark. (which also includes quite a macabre fashion line of the same name), but should still be taken as a little bit of tongue in cheek. Songs such as "I Am A God" Clearly a mockery of his own arrogance and the portrayal of his attitude, and his quite a humorous songs.

This album covers all the general hip-hop and rap subjects you would expect such as racisim, money, women, and culture, but in a very different way to the usual. Some of the songs have hints of a Marilyn Manson production (Who noted he still wasn't sure if Kanye had sampled him or not) and really pushes the boundaries on the type of musical sound you expect from one of the worlds leading rap artists.

Original, dark, artistic and abstract, this album really should be looked at as groundbreaking in the rap industry. And I don't think it has got the recognition it deserves.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown