28.07.2015 11:19

Advantages

• "Cute bottle"
      • "Sweet and fruity fragrance"

Disadvantages

• "Not very strong"

A fruity sweet smell for a fruity sweet girl

I absolutely adore Vera Wang perfume and Princess is my favourite by far.

> The fragrance <

The fragrance itself is sweet and fruity with just a tinge of floral aromas. The vanilla scent is the key element of this perfume with the pink guava and water lily tones making an appearance up close. Although the fragrance isn't strong which can be a disappointment to some it is strong enough to make an impact without it disappearing after an hour. I normally find that it lasts a few hours at its strongest and then starts to disappear but you can still slightly smell it on your skin.
      I would say this is great for a date or just going out but if your going to the pub or clubbing I would recommend something stronger purely because we all know that we want a strong perfume when we are partying.

> The bottle <

The bottle is cute and different from other perfumes out there. It can be a bit tricky to work especially if you have a 100ml bottle. I would not recommend taking this on a night out. I took my 100ml bottle clubbing and trying to keep it in my handbag was a nightmare because it was so heavy and big.

> Value <

Depending on where you look you can either pick it up quite cheap or you can pay a bomb. I would recommend looking online or waiting for the sales because normally the large bottles can go down to £30 or even lower! Just having a skim online you can find Princess 100ml bottles for £20.00. Sometimes you can find a good deal on deal websites (that is where I got my 100ml from) so keep your eyes peeled for those bargains.

> Overall <

I would recommend this perfume for those who love the fruity and sweet smell. A great gift for those who like this fragrance, not a cheap perfume but not bank breaking expensive.

• Only God Forgives (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2015 10:45

Advantages

• "Some decent gore for gore fans"

Disadvantages

• "Weak premise"
      • Slow
      • "Made little sense"

There is no forgiving this flick

This was written and directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, who worked on Drive, which I wasn’t keen on either. This film falls within the drama / crime genres and is set in Bangkok. We’re introduced to Julian; he killed a man 10 years ago and went on the run, ending up in Bangkok and running a boxing club that is a front for a drugs op, which he runs with his brother. One night his brother goes out and kills an underage prostitute. The police call upon Chang, a retired cop. Dubbed the ‘Angel of Vengeance’, he carries a rather large sword with him on his back, seemingly at all times without causing any discomfort or unfortunate accidents. Chang tells the father of the murdered prostitute he can beat the man responsible for taking the life of his daughter. The grieving and angry father ends up killing the killer. The now grieving mother of Julian's brother enters, seeking revenge.

The rest of the film just takes us through what happens to these central characters, namely the cop with the sword, Julian and his mother. It also explores some of their relationships, such as that between Julian and mother dearest, which appears odd to say the least. It gives an edge of being creepy, and makes us wonder what’s going on there, what the history was, what pull over him the mother has. And yet our questions seem to go unanswered.

I had the constant feeling that I was missing something, that I didn’t understand what was going on. Surely I had overlooked something, perhaps fallen asleep and missed an important nugget of information. Alas, the film was just that; a mishmash of noise, long, hard stares, gore, and little intelligence in between.

The premise in itself was ok, in terms of the cop being an ‘angel of vengeance’ and what happens when family loyalties get in the way. The ending was perhaps a little predictable, yet nothing special. & there were no real answers.

Scenes gave way to overpowering noise for a soundtrack, dark settings with redish tones to give an eerie feel, and drawn out silences. This ‘noise’ just became grating.

Gosling, who seemed to utter fewer words than your average toddler, had one setting of bland throughout, seemingly placed in the film to look good and attract fans. The acting skills of certain others left a lot to be desired, including the mother of the two brothers, who was both annoying and unbelievable in her portrayal. Again, there’s something going on with her, and between her and her son, but it’s never quite expanded upon.

Any upsides? Some of the attempts at creating atmosphere worked, to some extent, as I did feel a degree of tension and anticipation for what was to happen next.

The Guardian apparently gave this quote on the flick: "mesmeric, mad, brutal and brilliant". It was a tad mesmerising at times, but it led to disappointment due to not delivering, and it was brutal. Some of the violent scenes were quite in keeping with some foreign title horrors and thrillers, and I thought they were, for the most part, quite well done. There were instances of nudity too which resulted in the 18 rating, which didn’t always seem necessary and I found to be a bit cringe-worthy.

28.07.2015 10:41

Advantages

• "Nice fragrance"
      • Moisturising

Disadvantages

Lovely, luxurious product for a nudget price tag. Great product!

I've always been a fan of dove products and this product certainly didn't disappoint. This body wash smells absolutely divine and comes out quite thick and very creamy. It feels very luxurious on the skin and incredibly moisturising. Many body washes can leave the skin feeling a bit dry and taught and this one doesn't, I always feel smooth and moisturised after using it. The body wash lathers up really well and a little goes a long way. I think the body wash is really good value for money because it really feels like it's a high end product with a much cheaper price tag. The packaging for the body wash is quite simple, it has the typical dove style, which I like. Personally I find that it's very asy to open and easy to keep clean. I would definitely recommend this lovely body wash and I would definitely re-purchase it and would use it again because I think it's great. If you're a fan of other dove products you won't be disappointed by this. The bottle itself is a fairly big size at 250ml and I think for the price tag, the quality is lovely, you really don't need much of it to get a good lather. It lasts a long time and you'll feel soft and moisturised after every wash, what more could you want? It's a luxurious body wash for the price of a lower end brand. I love it and it's a product I trust and will use time and time again. 5 stars from me!

• Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Tween Set / Hair Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.07.2015 10:40

Advantages

• "Big bottle for small price"
      • "Smells good"
      • "Gets rid of brassy and yellow tones"
      • "Makes hair brighter"

Disadvantages

• "Can get messy"

Amazing product for amazing price thumbs up for this one!

I've bleached my hair for years and have always had trouble getting rid of the yellow and brassy tones that all us bleachers know about. My hairdresser told me about silver shampoo (also known as purple) and I've tested my fair share from top range to cheap buyers but so fair TIGI Fashionista has been the best.

I've used silver shampoo for years but what made me love this product was when I bleached my hair from orange copper (extreme mistake) to platinum blonde and within the first use of this shampoo the majority of the yellow and copper was platinum and after the first few uses (once every other wash) all the yellow and brassy tones were completely gone. I am now a platinum blonde after using Fashionista. After that I wouldn't choose any other silver shampoo to use.

For the amount of shampoo and conditioner you get and the price you pay this product is definitely a must for all those bleachers out there that are sick and tired of having to live with yellow hair when they want bright blonde locks. I have read that it can be used for grey hair to make it more vibrant and even brunettes! Contrary to popular belief if you have blonde and brunette hair it will not make all the brunette go blonde, it will make it more vibrant in colour.

If you leave any silver shampoo on for too long it can make your hair go violet so be careful when using silver shampoo, TIGI especially as this is a strong shampoo and conditioner (remember silver shampoo and conditioner does have DYE in it!), a recommended time is a few minutes on and then wash out when you are first using it (I recommend every other wash), then once you have your desired shade use it once a week just to keep up the shade. However if you want to go violet or purple then by all means leave it on, although I don't know for how long for.

It smells absolutely glorious. It smells like your putting perfume on your hair and smells amazing for a while after washing.

It lathers very well so you don't have to use a lot to get it all over your hair.

I would say that it can get messy obviously due to the colour and how we naturally flick her hair in the bath or shower but that happens with all silver shampoo so don't be surprised if you see purple splashes on the wall.

I do not claim to hairdresser but after spending years using silver shampoos of all kinds I personally think this one is the best and amazing for value!

28.07.2015 10:31

Advantages

• "Similar version found in pound shop"
      • "Gives skin a soft healthy glow"

Disadvantages

• "Not great at blemish covering"
      • "Not the best cosistency"

Not perfect but better than expected

This comes boxed, in an 18ml plastic tube. It’s gold in colour, with a white screw on lid that it ‘stands’ onIt’s worth noting that there are slightly different versions available that differ in terms of the SPF available.

The product is ‘enriched with brightening Pure Lemon Essence, which is apparently a ‘powerful skin exfoliator’. The formula contains SPF 21/PA++, designed to protect skin from UVA/UVB rays. In addition to this, ‘mineral pigments’ give a ‘natural effect and long lasting perfection’ to help cover skin imperfections. The list of things this miracle little cream claims to do is as follows:

- Lightens dark spots / acne marks
      - Moisturises
      - Mattifies / reduces oil for a ‘powder finish’
      - Evens skin tone
      - Brightens up skin

Quite impressive, for one little cream that I bought for 99p! It’s available in different shades, including Light and Medium that I’ve seen. I think mine is Medium, which was the only option available.

To apply, this is very quick and simple. It’s designed to be used like your usual moisturiser, by putting a small blob on main areas and gently spreading over your face for even coverage.

The cream is intended to be lightweight, which I would agree with once it’s on It claims to not block pores and be suitable to wear; I can’t guarantee it doesn’t block pores, but I’ve not noticed a worsening of skin or imperfections having used this, and once it’s on your skin it does feel comfortable.

The cream is a golden colour and quite thick, so the consistency isn’t as easy to spread as my usual moisturiser. It seems like it’s going to be too thick and heavy to apply easily, and indeed it’s a little tricky, especially when you’re trying to use as little as possible. It smells pleasant enough, quite sweet, and a mix between a moisturiser and a sun cream possibly.

It felt ‘light’ on my face and not like it was clogging my pores, greasy or caked on. I liked this about the BB cream because it’s not like wearing a foundation, or at least it wasn’t for me as I’d not used much. It didn’t make my face feel tight or dried out either; whilst the moisturising aspect wasn’t immediately noticeable, it must have done something to keep my face feeling smooth.

The product does seem to give a nice glow to my skin, which, as I’ve said, it usually very pale. It didn’t look orange nor strange, nor like I had layers of make up on. It just looked healthier and more ‘even’ in terms of skin tone. I wouldn’t say this cream made my face look oily nor did it really look overly matt, but it seemed just right at the time, if perhaps leaning towards the former after a few hours.

• Acer V200 GPS / GPS Sat Nav / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2015 02:06

Advantages

• "You will be navigated "

Disadvantages

Its an awesome GPS it works totally awesome

The ACER computer makes a decent begin with a manual volume control on the outside, making snappy conformities moving a couple of catch flicks away. A quick startup takes you instantly to the guide show and with a refreshingly speedy time to first settle of under a moment you're up and running quickly. The greatest quality of the V200 is ease of use, which it fulfills by putting the greater part of the most key data you'd require on a trip inside simple scope. A solitary press on any of various ranges and it will take you to the excursion schedule, change your trek PC data or change the guide from 2D to 3D or night mode. Somewhere else you're given pretty much the perfect measure of extra control, with a complete rundown of POIs (purposes of investment), a multi-stop course organizer and passerby mode. You can likewise peruse the guide physically by pressing and dragging to move the current area, multiplying it up pleasantly as a versatile street chart book if need be. Maps are genuinely fundamental yet clear, and we were inspired by both the clarity and precision of the talked bearings and the pace at which it can at first arrangement a trip or recalculate on the off chance that you take a wrong turn. In the event that you choose to explore outwardly, you shouldn't have an excess of issues by and large however it would have been decent if the "following crossing point" shaft were a bit bigger to make mood killers in occupied zones all the more promptly clear initially. You won't discover extra peculiarities, for example, a MP3 player, travel aides, Bluetooth or implicit computerized cam here, yet at this value point you truly can't gripe. What we're truly inspired by is whether it does the fundamentals well; a region that some family unit names may even concede they've slipped on every so often. I am happy with the navigation system and I do recommend to to anyone.

• LG DVX-482H / DVD Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2015 01:56

Advantages

• "its awesome "

Disadvantages

Its worth all the money

I have had this DVD Player for about a few years and it has proven to be a good buy. I have had an LG T.V in my crib for around 1 year and I have found the brand to be pretty economical in the market place, and totally awesome quality.We have DVD Players connected to every Television in the house. I admit perhaps we don't watch that many DVDs often, but due to the price of them thesedays they have got a pretty cheap part of Technology.I picked this up for $50 dollars, but see that you can now get this for as low as around $43 dollars which I think is a great price It is HD supported and also plays DIVX, WMA, MP3, CDR, CDRW and JPEG. You can even connect USB Memory Sticks to this (or Flash Drives since I have just wrote a review about them), So you can watch any Pictures from your PC on your TV without putting them onto a Disc.This looks like the picture - not that you can really see much of it in the picture. It is quite a thin unit and although it is quite long and wide, it will slot into a unit quite easily more so due to this being kind of slimline. The 1 image I get about Black plastic products is that I always think that the part where you press the buttons on this will go all shiny if you know what I mean. I have to say I usually use the remote control to operate this anyway. This has a silver coloured strip on it and the buttons are silver as well, so at least this jazzes the plain black up a bit. To set this up is easy enough. Just plug it in and either flick to a channel that you perhaps used your other DVD Player on if you had 1, or go through your Television channels until the LG screensaver comes up and you will know that you have found your channel. The Remote Control is alright for this. Quite a lot of Buttons on this, but as usual i've only used a handful of them. The only remote Control i've seen that takes only 1 battery.Picture wise this is a good enough clear Picture. No faults with this at all in my eyes. When this is running is has a slight whiff to it, but it is pretty quiet. You will hear the fan a little bit, but nothing much.
      It’s a good buy I recommend it.

• Sony BDP-S1 / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.07.2015 01:47

Advantages

• "its blu ray"

Disadvantages

Its an awesome blu ray player its totally the way to go

The fact of owning a blu ray player is awesome you can enjoy your movies with more HD.
      There are a great number of ports on the back of the player, which make sure you aren't going to run out of connections any time soon. There are also lots of different audio output options, so if you have an older TV then it shouldn't be a problem. It does however only support up to six channels of audio, so the most you are going to get is 6.1 surround sound unfortunately. Disappointing especially considering blu ray supports up to 8 channels.The picture quality is absolutely fantastic as you might expect with any blu ray player, with crisp resolutions and great colour reproduction. Design: The BDP-S1 is good looking, although it isn't quite to my taste. I just find it slightly too chunky. I do think however, that it is going to fit in well anywhere you put this. Be it in a living room, with a computer or in a bedroom. The use of some colour certainly adds some excitement to the looks of this player, as opposed to the usual black/grey schemes used in most cheaper players on the market.
      There are also some lights on the front of the player, but I find them a little bit too bright. They could definitely go some way to lighting up a darkened room. I highly recommend this if you are in the market for a blu ray player I say go for it.

• Samsung BD-P1580 / Blu-Ray Player / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      28.07.2015 01:40

Advantages

• "its blu ray"

Disadvantages

In livin the blu ray dream

I have been always been highly interested in the new technology and had wanted to embrace HD TV quite early on. however a combination of late delivery of our HD ready TV and Sky being short of HD boxes when HD launched meant we never quite got round to it.
      I dragged myself into stores to see how amazing HD pictures were but I never really understood it to me it was nothing like the improvement in picture quality you got when switching from analogue to digital TV - so I didn't really bother with it.Any further thoughts I have had on getting Sky HD died when I did, and I had been quite happy with my current TV set up until quite recently.My son, who seems to have adapted a love of new technology from me, wich i suggested it would be good to get a Blu-ray player and at first I resisted on the basis of cost alone.However in the autumn of last year I noticed prices were starting to come down on Blu-ray players and this made me a bit more interested. What tipped me in favour of buying one was the release of Harry Potter, classic on the format - this is one of my sons favovrite films and it was available in a DVD and Blu-ray combi pack which seemed a good option when I went to buy it.So it came to pass that my Christmas present to myself in 2009 was the Samsung BD-P1580 Blu-ray player and what follows is the idiot's review of it.Put simply, a Blu-ray disc has far more storage space than a regular DVD, meaning there is little or no need for compression or compromise on picture and sound quality. As a result the quality levels are quite obviously improved upon that experienced on a regular DVD.
      Blu-ray however will only work fully if connected to a HD ready TV and Blu-ray discs will only play on a Blu-ray player.Like ordinary DVD, there are region codes for Blu-ray.Apart from the player itself you get a Composite Audio cable, a remote control and batteries for same and the user manual.Crucially, an HDMI cable is not included and you will need this to connect the player to your TV. You can also connect the player using a DVI cable for HD pictures or if you merely want better quality pictures you can use a TV Component lead or a bog standard TV Video lead.HDMI cables can vary wildly in price and my recommendation would be to shop around for one if you have decided to buy a Blu-ray player and wish to connect using one as you can find yourself being charged seventeen dollars in the U.S for something that turns up in Poundland.I chose this Blu-ray player because I needed a player that I could hook up to my home cinema system.Had I had a bigger budget, my dream Blu-ray player would have been part of a Blu-ray home cinema system, but at 550 U.S dollars this was totally off limits.I have a Panasonic home cinema system which is about a couple years old now and the sadpredates HDMI slots, meaning you can't get the full benefit of the improved sound quality Blu-ray offers, however having done some research I realised that the Samsung BD-P1580 should connect quite easily using a traditional composite audio cable.Similarly this player has a USB socket at the front, which offers another way to add firmware updates to the player but also enables you to view JPEG pictures on your TV and also to view DIV-X video files.Setting this up was a piece of cake - as time goes on it seems technology is designed to be easier to deal with. I used to dread getting a new video as tuning them in was a nightmare back in the days of analogue TV, but now in days everything seems to be self tuned and almost plug in play in design.The Samsung BD-P1580 is no different - I connected the player to the TV via an HDMI lead and then connected the audio cable to my home theatre systems and voila - it was up and running. My TV even automatically detected I wasn't running the player via an AV channel and went directly to HDMI.During the set up process you set the time and date, the language required, ensure audio is set to digital output, add the player to a network and place parental locks on the player if required. This is very easy to do using the remote control.The special effects were particularly impressive on Blu-ray but I was also struck at how clear leaves on trees were and how vibrant the rural locations appeared with lush green grass and sparkling blue skies. This was something I really picked up on the Blu-ray edition of "Dirty Dancing" - another film which features a rural location and had individual blades of grass clearly visible.On both of these films the sound quality is dramatically improved upon what has gone before too - we own both these discs on regular DVD and the clarity of sound is far better on the Blu-ray discs.You can also play CDs and regular DVDs along with a selection of rewritable DVD/CD discs on this player. If you play a regular DVD it automatically "upscales" the picture quality and while it isn't in true HD, the picture quality is improved from what you get in your normal DVD player.You can use this a couple of times but the problem I have is that I have a lot of Region 1 discs and the Samsung BD-P1580 only plays Region 2 discs and I am also unaware of any hack available for it. If you have a lot of Region 1 DVDs and are interested in purchasing this player my advice would be to keep your regular DVD player hooked up to the TV too.I haven't done any firmware updates yet either - there seems to be some debate about whether you should update your firmware via the Blu-ray live feature and ensure it is always up to date. Some Samsung users have experienced what they call "bricking" - which basically means your player is rendered useless by a firmware update containing errors.It's also worth bearing in mind that your player may stop functioning without firmware updates so it's not something you can avoid really with a system that is evolving all the time.Thy controls on the front panel of the Blu-ray player is the design they can be hard to see however they seem to be embossed making it easier to find by touch.All the controls you need are on the remote control however.To begin you insert a compatible Blu-ray disc and wait for it to load. Blu-ray machines take a little longer to read the disc so be patient - I find discs load on this player within about 30 seconds.After you have done that you operate the player as you would with a traditional DVD player, choosing either to play the entire film or select specific scenes or watch extras.My son is so attatched to subtitles and refuses to watch anything without them either on DVD or TV, and there can quite often be a small, but visible, the shaddow around the subtitles, and also on credits on the screen.The shadow vanished on the Blu-ray player, leading to the clearest lettering I have ever seen on my super awesome plasma.The second thing I noticed was how vibrant the colours were on the screen, giving a film that is over 70 years old an almost new look to it.The sound quality on this old film isn't up to the standards we expect from more recent releases however and I didn't notice any particular improvement as a result.I have since picked up some more films on Blu-ray and it's on some of the more recent releases I have really noticed a marked improvement in both picture and sound quality.Another nice touch offered is the remote control can be programmed to work on some TVs. It will automatically work on a Samsung TV, and codes are available to programme it to work with other brands. This isn't guaranteed to work but it's easy to try by simply holding down the "TV power" button and entering the code for the brand of your TV. Sadly this didn't work with my Panasonic TV - it registered the code but still didn't work unfortunately.Picture and sound quality are definitely a step up from regular DVD on Blu-ray and this increase in quality makes moving up to High Definition worth doing if you enjoy films and buy or rent a lot to watch at home.It is the ease of use which makes the Samsung BD-P1580 a real winner for me however - as a complete novice to Blu-ray when I bought this player I was a little concerned that set-up might be too complicated for me, even though I do try to keep up with advances in technology as much as possible.I highly recommend it for everyone go and buy it now its time to live the blu ray life.

28.07.2015 01:05

Advantages

• "good quality "

Disadvantages

Best bacon ive ever had

The ipod docks have given a lot of endless problems in the past. I have found it kinda of pointless and annoying I just think I want to keep adapting my ipad to this device. The iPig, however, was something that really caught my attention as not only a stylish product, but as a consistantly good addition to my sound system.
      For only $60 I bought the ipig and it was during a sale.I think that the price that I bought it for was defenitley worth it. There are cheaper docks (and, goodness, have I tried them all) but I have yet to find one that offered such a strong mix of style and substance.I would like to start off by saying that the ipig is a cute and creative design and especially if you like pigs. It is available in a variety of colours and it really stands out. For a serious consumer, I am sure the design would not be appealing. The little ears act as volume controls, the little feet are sturdy stands and the bug eyes are the actual speakers. The on/off functions and other technical things are at the back. The sound quality is excellent. It can fill a room with loud music (and is a delightful addition to any party) and it can also audible at the lower levels for those nights of quiet listening when everyone else is sleeping. The remote control is good, although sometimes it can be quite unresponsive from a little distance away or if there is something blocking the signal. It is quite small, and can be easily lost. The part where you add the iPod can be a little tricky to get in line sometimes within the plastic covering, but it can be easily fixed by simply looking. Its totally worth buying and im very happy with it . The ipig is something I would defenitley recommend since its very cute and it’s a pig.. its totally awesome.

28.07.2015 00:58

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Creamy consistency "
      • "No scent"
      • "High coverage "

Disadvantages

• "Not long lasting"
      • Greasy

Good product and high coverage not perfect for oily skin

I really liked the consistency and coverage of this, in a morning when first applied the concealer looked nice and dewy however throughout the day it made my skin look a lot more oily than usual. I have oily skin anyway so I would not recommend this for oily skin but if you have normal/dry skin go for it I'm sure you will love it.

• Sony HDR-TD 30 VE / Camcorder / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.07.2015 00:53

Advantages

• "good quality"

Disadvantages

• "the battery runs out too soon"

The sony is pretty awesome i totally recommend

I bought this awesome camera a while back and I have to say I am totally happy to be the owner of this electronic I can do so much with it. I bought this camera for $900 and I have to say it is a bit too much on the price for me since I do not use my recordings so much. I just started using this camera as my primary camera and I have to say that it's pretty good. I can record anywhere, it's a camcorder so I don't have to hold it tightly, it just wraps around my hand and I'm good to go. I have recording multiple videos using this camera and the quality is absolutely fantastic. It records in full 1080 p and 60 fps, which for me, is magical. The camera is so awesome but I do have to say that it has its pros and cons unfortunately. The battery timing is pretty bad something is wrong with it im not to happy about it. If you keep recording, the camera won't last for more than 1 and a half hour and its getting on my last nerve but im being patient with it. That's the only main disappointing thing I have found in this camera. But it has a very good focus and flash function and you will barely ever get an out of focus picture and it can zoom a long way. So after explaining the goods and bads about this camera I gotta say I do recommend it but ide ask for a bit of a discount since its kind of high .

• Currys / Highstreet Shopping / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.07.2015 00:26

Advantages

• "Attractive stores"

Disadvantages

• "Surely some of their practices are not legal?"
      • "Pressured by salesmen"
      • "Faulty goods"
      • "Customer service from hell"

Do you want a hellish experience? no peace of mind.. then LOOK NO FURTHER!

This is a review for Currys PC WORLD, which is the new name for Dixons, Currys and PCWORLD.. and has replaced all those brands. Pixmania is another brand for the same group known as the DSG group.

Despite having a horrid experience with them, I opted to buy a Toshiba Laptop was on special offer as I was in dire need of one.
      The stores look very attractive, but some of the salesmen can be quite pushy. Once I had chosen the laptop I wanted, the salesman went to pick up a box from the back. On coming back, started to push for their new care package KNOW HOW. This is the exact same package as their old mastercare, and let me tell you this, if you ever need a product to be fixed, it will cost you time, energy and your peace of mind. I opted against this and proceeded to take my laptop home.

Now with all the excitement of a new laptop, I booted it up and set it up as quick as I could. DISASTER STRUCK! My laptop would not connect to any Wifi network, nor via an ethernet cable.

As someone who is a bit experienced with computers, I tried installing new drivers and troubleshooting the problem, but it wouldnt work. Toshiba's own system diagnostic tool also suggested there was a problem and that I should call Toshiba.

On speaking to Toshiba they advised me that the laptop was faulty and its better to get a brand new one back at the store or a full refund... and thats what I did.

EXCEPT...

When I went back in store, I was told that I couldnt get a refund as they dont do refunds on electronic items, only replacements. This was despite them checking the laptop out and seeing that it was indeed faulty. I quoted what Toshiba said to me and they still refused! In my belief, I think this was out of line and pretty much illegal so I made a huge noise in store and also highlighted to other potential customers of my predicament so they wouldn't be in the same situation.

Having reached this stage, the store manager appeared and tried to convince me that they couldnt do anything about this and made me feel like I was a trouble maker. But its my right, if something has been sold to me in a faulty condition I should get my money back.

So with the store manager with me, I made them call Toshiba from their line and spoke to a Toshiba representative who suggested that they should give me a full refund as the Laptop cannot be fixed and its the customer's choice, or that Toshiba would consider supplying laptops to Currys PCWORLD.

With the stern words from Toshiba the store manager accepted defeat and gave me a full refund. In spite of all the hassle, he had the odacity to ask me if I would buy another laptop from the store, and that they would give me a 5% discount.

I refused and said that I would NEVER EVER give them my custom and also spread the word on how me and many other customers have been ripped off, and how people like them and such companies deserve to be shut down for good. What goes around will come around.

Now having read my own experience and that of 100s of others, and for your own peace of mind.. would you really give them your custom? when there are far superior and cheaper alternatives that you can find online and through a simple google search.

• HTC Desire / Smartphone / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.07.2015 00:15

Advantages

• "great call quality"
      • "not complicated"
      • "nice phone"

Disadvantages

• "not up to date so not good for teenagers"

HTC desire you to try this one out... you may love it.

This is an old phone compared to the ones that are on the market these days but when it first came out it was up there with the best of them.

It is a good size, being about 14cm high, 7cm wide and less than a cm thick.

On the front there is a cracking 4.7inch screen

it houses a Qualcomm snapdragon 1.2GHz quad-core CPU.

It is an Android OS with what HTC say is HTC sense? What ever that is. It gives you 2G, 3G and even 4G, depending on the modal.

It has the standard qualities inside, such as proximity sensor, which turns off the screen when you have the phone near your ear, then brings the screen back to life when you take the phone away from your ear.

There's also an internal GPS system.

Then there's the connection methods, such as Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Wi-Fi, (802.11 b/g/n)

It has a nice 8GB of internal memory, with the possibility of another 128GB if you get an micro SD card slipped in. it has 1GB of RAM, which is pretty good for what it offers.

It can only take a nano sim so make sure you have the right sim card as many phones have a normal size sim.

It lets you play music on it, using the earphones or the built in speaker to listen to it. Then there's the video options, which let you watch of even record video and play it back later.

There are two cameras on this, a front facing one that is 1.3MP, and the rear one which is 8MP. Both camera offer good quality shots, be that still of video. It can play most formats too, which save a lot of messing about trying to convert files to something that can be played on the phone.

It claims to be able to reach up to 16 hours of talk time and up to 650 hours of standby time.

The call quality was great, although this depends where I was when making a call.

The built in speaker is not too bad as it plays the music well enough. But the best quality comes in when you use the earphones.

This HTC sells for less than £80 these days so if you're after a good price phone that does everything you need then this could be worth looking into .

• Ripspeed DV720 / Car Audio / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      28.07.2015 00:02

Advantages

• "works great"

Disadvantages

its totally got and asweome value

I bought the Ripspeed DV720 online and I was very satisfied with the electronic overall although I believe better products are available. First I’de liked the value for money even though I purchased this online, brand new the item is still very well priced. The functions are basic but this only adds to the simplicity and ease-of-use. I got to know the system very well very quickly but when I decided to sell my car I wanted to take the system out to put into the next car I bought. This lead me to the only problem I personally had with the Ripspeed DV720. As I wanted it to be replaced with the original CD player I took the system out of the sleeve and I was unable to make the original fit tight back into the car. Once I replaced the system It must have been a little wider than the original which made the transfer back quite hard. I believe that if somebody was going to buy an in car DVD system, more money should be spent on a better quality named product however the Ripspeed does the job well if you are on a low budget.Overall I am happy with the purchase that I made and it works great I would recommend it to anyone and if you want to save money sometime its better to just buy it online than the actual retail store.Also sometimes online you get more disounts than the store and it makes shoppig easier

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown