• LG G3 / Mobile Phone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.06.2015 00:02

Advantages

• "large screen"

Disadvantages

• "sometimes it overheats"

The best camera on a phone in the market!

The lg g3 the best phone for photography. In my opinion this phone has a better quality than the iPhone 6 and 6+ phone camera qualities. The camera has a amazing lighting effects and also softens faces to beautify them and take away any other skin defects. Then you can lighten your face to vary the tone and lighting. A must have if you are looking for good photography quality. Also the lg watch can also be bought alongside this phone. The watch is also great though now that the i watch has been released this one doesn't really stand a chance against it though it is still cheaper and if compared I would buy a lg watch as it is nearly half the price of the basic i watch!
      Talking about the battery time it does not last very long at all with the lg watch hardly 2-3 hours! Therefore I would not recommend buying the lg watch. The phone on its own however lasts for nearly a day if used normally and not played games on. THIS PHONE IS NOT FOR GAMING as the battery only lasts a couple of minutes!
      However the screen size is very large and the screen is also good quality allowing the optimum viewing experience for a user. The curved design also is very good for gripping it is also 'self healing' but I would still recommend buying a cover as my friend dropped his and it broke:(.
      One major pullback about buying this phone is that after a few months of using it random ads keep popping up on the screen making it very annoying. It is a constant disruption.
      I would recommend buying this phone as it is worth the money:-D

• Sony Xperia M / Smartphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.06.2015 00:00

Advantages

• Light
      • "Micro usb charger"
      • Cheap
      • Camera

Disadvantages

• "Out dated"

Cheap, so cant really complain

It's pretty easy to navigate around the phone. You can set up various buttons to appear at the bottom and organise your apps onto different pages which you can navigate by swiping left or right. I particularly like the set of options (such as wifi, volume, data, flight mode, screen brightness etc.) positioned in a small panel that you simply click to enlarge. You can easily turn different functions on and off which I think is a nice touch. There are three small touch screen buttons that are constantly alert at the bottom of the screen which include the 'home' button and a small button that when pressed brings up a list of your currently open apps and a few basic tools (such as calculator, timer etc.). This makes it easy to navigate several app screens at once as well as shutting down any running unnecessarily. Very very stylish with a nice, responsive touch screen and several side buttons. I've not had a phone with a hold button on the side before but it hasn't taken me long to get used to it. It's a nice shape, quite large (but that's mostly because I've had little brick phones for years) but still compact. It doesn't feel particularly sturdy and is quite light in the hand, which concerns me in regards to its durability. The keyboard is a little bit cramped but is similar to my old Huawei so I'm used to it. Someone with large fingers may struggle though! It's also got a 'swipe' texting function that allows you to sweep your finger from letter to letter without letting go of the screen. I've had a little go at this and it seems to work quite well - though I'll probably stick to the normal tapping method.

• Sony XPERIA Z / Smartphone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 23:55

Advantages

• Waterproof
      • "Great Camera"
      • Quick
      • Light

Disadvantages

• "Problem with battery life"
      • "Bit too large"

Great phone from Sony!

The main 'WOW' factor however is the stunning screen. I'm not going to get technical but visually this is the best quality screen both in terms of touch experience and clarity. Text is sharp and clear and easy to read and the colours are vibrant and brilliant. Watching movies on this is a joy and its very impressive.

The flaps over all the ports can get a little irritating especially the one on the charging port which you have to remove every time you plug in, but this is my only design gripe on what is a beautiful device.

Sony have kept the Android experience reasonably pure adding a few of their own widgets and apps but have not messed around too much. Its quick and never lags, so you can be confident it will handle anything.

I have added a 64GB MicroSD card to top up the 16GB it comes with and it works perfectly even though Sony states it will only handle 32GB cards....lovely!

Its supposed to be water resistant but I will let other reviewers comment on this as I'm not about to dunk this in my fish tank! I will just have to trust Sony on this one :-)

Now to the possible deal breaker, battery life. Its average at best. I am charging with about 10-15% remaining at the end of each day and I consider myself a heavy user. My Note II had a much better battery and I could easily get day and a half out of it so this may be a problem for some. I'm used to charging daily so not an issue for me but keep that charger handy!

One final slight criticism, why oh why did Sony ship their flagship phone with the out of date Android OS (4.1.2)??? Hopefully an update coming soon but its a silly decision from Sony in my opinion.

In summary this is a great looking, well-made and premium device and its great to have another major manufacturer in the game and making decent Android phones. I loved my Samsung's but to be honest got a little bored with the plastic materials they used and much prefer overall feel and quality build of the Sony.

• Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini / Mobile Phone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 23:50

Advantages

• "Great image"
      • Fast
      • "Micro SD slow"

Disadvantages

• "Small Screen"
      • Slow

Easy to use and cheap!

PROS
      * The first thing I noticed was how fast apps run on this phone and how quickly I can transition from one app to another one. Having upgraded from the often sluggish S2, I am very pleased with the speediness of the S4.
      * The phone has a microSD slot so that I could put in my 32GB card with all of the videos and music that I like to have with me. Many mid-priced to cheaper phones do not provide a microSD card slot, which to me is a waste of time.
      * For me, this is the perfect size of phone. The screen is larger than the iPhone 4 or 5; the screen size is the same as the Galaxy S2 but the body is smaller than the Galaxy S2
      * The screen is clear and bright
      * The camera takes excellent quality photos outdoors. In fact, to reduce the amount of memory that each photo takes up, I have reduced the camera quality slightly.

CONS
      There's nothing that I am unhappy with. However, some things which you might consider:
      * Do you want a larger screen? Most top-end phones have significantly larger screens. I wanted something that fit my small to mid-sized hand so this works for me. If you have thick fingers, you might plump for a larger screen on which it is easier to type
      * Do you want the fastest performance? This is NOT a quad core phone so if you are looking to play games which rely on lots of screen animation, this may not be the phone for you.

OVERALL
      A very good phone for those who in particular want a mid-sized phone.

• Samsung UE40EH5300 / LCD TV / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 23:47

Advantages

• "Superd perfomance"
      • "Great Sound"
      • "Great Picture"

Disadvantages

• Expensive
      • Stand

Another great success from samsung!

Picture quality is very good, although I have moved from a 1080i to a 1080p. I first noticed that the picture from my xbox was much more crisp and colourful. The picture from my sky box was the same and this is when I discovered that my Sky box is not full HD only 1080i. So no change there.
      The TV was very easy to assemble, the stand only had 8 screws and it was simple and logical to put together. All my cables were in place from my previous tv, so including unpacking I think it took 20 minutes to wire it all in. The initial start up was very straight-forward and it only took about 5 minutes for it to tune itself.
      The smart apps, required a little time for them to recognise they needed updates and the actual updating took the longest part of the setup, but again it was straightforward. I was a little surprised it didn't ask me which apps to install seeing as there is limited space but I am sure I can delete what I don't use. (I haven't tried this yet).
      Sound quality was a marked improvement on my last tv. In the past I was an audiophile, only going for the best speakers, cables and AV receivers, but now I have joined the ranks of normal people and go with, can I hear it? and the answer is yes, and if I can't then the volume button affords me the luxury of turning it up. Just remember it is a tv not a cinema sound system. You can always add your own equipment if you want something meatier.
      I just hate the stand! It feels a little flimsy and is annoying that it is not swivel!

02.06.2015 23:21

Advantages

• " affordable"
      • " easy to attach and detach"
      • Protective

Disadvantages

• "Reduces touch screen quality a slight amount"

Affordable screen protector

Although I'm coming up for renewal on my 24 month contract, it seems like yesterday that I upgraded my Motorola for an Apple device, going with the same brand my family all have. Having damaged my previous phone, I figured that a screen protector was a sensible option for my nice, new iPhone and set to getting a top quality one.

Zagg is a reputable company, and specialise in protective equipment for a range of devices. What makes them strong with the competition is the touch screen reliability that remains after attaching one of their protective screens, and so having bought one for a nominal amount (I think it was about £10 or something like that) I attached it to my phone.

It's a thin but durable piece of what seems like plastic, to be honest, and doesn't actually seem to do much on first look. I have dropped my phone a number of times since applying this, but what I noticed was that very rarely did I ever drop it onto something that was edged. My cover for my phone (as in the protective cover around the whole of my phone) actually gives me a couple of millimetres of protection all the way round, which means that a screen protector doesn't actually do much other than provide a slightly less sensitive touch screen experience.

So I took it off.

I did notice the difference in touch screen quality almost immediately, although it's really not that bad. You still get the functionality you'd expect, you just have to be a bit more certain amount where you touch the screen and the consistency with depression on the screen. It's a snug fit around the edge when it's on though, and when I'm out and about, I do sometimes put it on in case I drop it on some coarse gravel or stones or something where there's an edge. As this is rare, I usually keep it off, especially at work, but for that piece of mind then it's certainly worth having it. My wife and son have both experienced smashed screens and it's an annoying amount of money to get that fixed, whereas you could just fork out a small amount and have that element of peace of mind.

So, it does the job it needs to, although it might be worth removing it when you're in a safe environment in order to improve the touch screen element. Recommended.

02.06.2015 21:59

Advantages

• "a good top up"

Disadvantages

• "not every one needs it"

building bones

Calcium is an essential mineral for a number of different things in your body from being used in the healing process to bones and teeth. Now your body prioritises healing first, then bones then teeth. If you don't have enough calcium then your body may start to strip it out of your teeth to use it elsewhere. Once removed it is not replaced.

Another interesting thing with calcium is that is binds to some of the fat in the diet and so prevents it's absorption. Now naturally it is best if this is low fat or fat free calcium so as not to increase the amount of fat in the diet in the first place.

The RDA of calcium for an adult is around 800 mg a day, most people will get this through their diets via calcium rich foods like dairy and some dairy alternatives but others may need a bit of a top up so a supplement may be needed. You should try to take one which also contains vitamin D as this is needed for the bones to absorb calcium.

I tend to take chewable ones as I find the rather large regular calcium tablets rather large and not the easiest things to swallow. My current ones are from Healthspan and cost me £8.95 for 240 tablets and the dosage is two a day so this is 4 months supply. They have a nice vanilla flavour which is not overpowering or cloying. Each tablet provides 400 mg of calcium and 2.5 mcg of vitamin D so perhaps even just the one would help. They provide the calcium in the form of calcium carbonate so they have a slightly chalky consistency but this isn't too bad. They should be taken (or so the packet says) after food but I have taken them at all times of day and had no ill effects from them. These current ones are gluten free and suitable for vegetarians I can't state if they are suitable for vegans.

• Clean & Clear Cleansing Lotion / Skin Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 21:50

Advantages

• "Gentle but effective"

Disadvantages

Leaves your skin clean and clear

I bought this Clean and Clear cleansing lotion from a local discount store for just £1.50 which I thought was a very good price. It comes in a 200ml clear plastic bottle and it has a blue flip top with a hole in the top and you just need to gently squeeze the bottle to release the liquid.

The lotion itself has quite a fresh and clean smell and I can still smell this on my face for some time after using the lotion. I use it on my face and neck and I can feel it absorbing into my skin. I will tip the cleanser out onto a cotton wool pad or cotton wool ball and then gently rub it over my face but keeping clear of my eyes as I like to use a separate eye make up remover.

As I am using it I can feel a lovely coolness instantly and my face always feels very fresh and clean afterwards. I am always surprised at the amount of dirt on the cotton pad even if I am not wearing any make up as it is surprising how much dirt which can accumulate on your face during the day. After use I will sometimes apply a toner and then moisturiser or sometimes just a moisturiser to complete my cleansing routine.

I have been very pleased with the results of this cleanser. It is probably not one which I would normally choose but it was really the one suitable one for me at the time when I bought it. I have been using this cleanser now for about three months and I have not used even a quarter of it so it is good value.

• ELC Tea Set / Baby Toy / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 21:46

Advantages

• Unisex
      • "Good quality"

Disadvantages

Good quality tea set

I love tea and make many many cups each day. It is no wonder that my children always want to help me make it given that they love to imitate adult behaviour. I therefore decided it would be a great idea to buy my son a tea set when he was 2 years old.

There are many different kids tea sets available in the shops but it is a little more difficult to find one which is both good quality and not too girly. This is where the early centre came up trumps.

The tea set costs £10 when not discounted and can be purchased online or in-store. The set includes 4 cups, saucers and spoons plus a teapot, sugar pot and milk jug. The sugar pot has a little lid with a gap for a spoon and the teapot has a lid which fits on securely but not too tight to pull off.

I have been extremely pleased with this purchase. The different coloured cups and saucers help teach colour matching (in the newer version) and the whole set develops hand to eye coordination. Aside from these benefits it is just a lot of fun for the children. My daughter loves to play pretend picnics and sets everything out on the blanket and my sons have both spent hours filling the pot and then the cups with water, pasta or rice and simply transferring the contents from cup to pot to cup again!

The quality of this set is great although the tea pot is not as robust as the other pieces. The size is also perfect for 2-4 year olds although the elc do not recommend for under 36 months due to small parts.

If you are looking to buy a first tea set I would highly recommend spending the extra couple of pounds on this one as it will last you well and get lots of use.

02.06.2015 20:23

Advantages

• "Tangle free shiny healthy hair "

Disadvantages

• "None "

It's perfect

I use an array of hair conditioners. I have to be careful about what I use though as I have dry ends and greasy roots which is not a great combination. Every now and again my hair goes through a phase of being especially dry and lank and it is at those times that I have now come to realise I need to switch conditioners and go for something that will help to protect my hair form all the heated appliances I use on it.

I bought this bottle of Herbal Essence Protection Conditioner when it was on sale at Home Bargains for my 99p for a 200ml sized bottle. There were larger bottles but I opted for the smaller one simply because I had not tried this one before and I wasn’t sure what to expect.

The conditioner itself comes in a pink plastic bottle with a flip top lid. The conditioner is white in colour and quite a thick consistency. It smells delicious – it is quite strongly fragranced and smells of a bouquet of flowers – lovely.

The conditioner spread through my hair evenly and I usually leave it for around three to five minutes before I rinse it off. Afterwards, I am left with soft, shiny and manageable hair which looks and feels fabulous. It removes all of the tangles from my hair and it smells divine for about two days after having used it so the fragrance really does last.

I really do love this conditioner and I have since gone out and bought others in the same range and have been pleased with them all so far.

Highly recommended.

• Sony Xperia Z2 / Mobile Phone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.06.2015 20:09

Advantages

• "Amazing battery power"

Disadvantages

• "the brightness randomly changes "

The best phone I've had yet

This phone is excellent for daily day use and also has a fairly decent quality camera however the brightness sometimes decides to vary without any setting and therefore causing a constant disruption. It has a large screen size and is very fast at processing information however when used excessively it heats up. Another advantage that this phone has is very fast when you play games. I mainly use it for playing game! Also this phone charges very quickly and lasts for a very long time. It is totally waterproof until 1.5m and is dustless. Its sleek design makes it compact and fit in nearly every pocket. It is safe and doesn't overheat when in there. This is what I think about the phone.
      It is quick and very responsive. Talking about the battery bit more the battery rarely goes below 40% and trust me i'm quite the excessive phone user. I have also made this phone fall on the ground plenty of times however it has suffered no damage that I have noticed at least. However the sim card portal is very fiddly this may be because of the number of times i have dropped it. This is OK though as i hardly ever use the portal. Talking about the camera quality now- it is excellent and nearly matches the iphone 6 in my opinion. The camera also captures bright lights such as fireworks it is excellent phone over all with superb battery time. Many of my friends have other phones but are all going to by this one as it is so excellent!

I would definitely recommend.

• Weleda Banded Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream / Weleda / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 20:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream

The Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream is available for GBP 9.95.

The hand cream comes in an orange-coloured tube with a white screw-cap. On the tube are the product name and the product information. The tube contains 50 ml.

The hand cream is described as follows. "Rich in vitamins and unsaturated fatty acids, the precious sea buckthorn and sesame oils in this soothing balm give rough, dry, hard-working hands an intense moisture boost. The non-greasy formulation quickly melts into the skin to work deep down, plumping and soothing cells and repairing damage. Use every day to protect hands and restore soft, supple, smooth skin."

The ingredients are Water (Aqua), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Tapioca Starch, Lysolecithin, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Xanthan gum, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol and Citral.

The hand cream has a light, creamy consistence and can be applied well. The hand cream absorbs well after application. The hands feel soft and smooth. The hand cream leaves a gentle feeling on the skin. The hand cream moisturizes and cares for the hands. The hand cream cares for dry, rough or chapped hands. The hand cream does not leave a greasy film on the skin.

The hand cream has an intensive scent, that reminds of citrus fruits. The scent cannot be noticed after application.

I can recommend the Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream, as the hand cream moisturizes the hands and care for dry or chapped hands.

02.06.2015 20:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

Yves Rocher Coconut lip balm

The Yves Rocher Coconut lip balm is available for GBP 3.00.

The lip balm comes in a olive and cream-coloured packaging. On it is the product name and the product information. On the packaging is a coconut pictured. The packaging contains 4.8 g.

The lip balm is described as follows. "The irresistible and delicious scent of coconut for soft and exotic lips! Its scent of Coconut and its tender texture leave your lips soft and slightly pearly."

The lip balm is just as easy to use as other lip balms, only that there is still a protective film was welded directly to the packaging that must be removed first. The scent is very pleasant. It is sweet, caring, creamy and coconutty. You can recognize the scent very well. Since the scent is sweet, I find it suitable for the winter than in the summer, so I'm yet to have the lip balm for a while in the closet until I get it out again. The application is no problem. The pen glides easily over the lips, on which then a shiny thin layer remains, the first is like a film about it. Per application is not consumed too much of the lip balm, so that the lip balm is long-lasting.

I can recommend the Yves Rocher Coconut lip balm, as the lip balm cares for dry and chapped lips. The lip balm leaves a pleasant feeling on the skin, the lips feel soft and cared for after use. The coconut scent cannot be noticed after use.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 19:51

Advantages

• "resonable prices"
      • "good range"
      • simple
      • quick

Disadvantages

• "having to wait for it to come"

great all round, be back next time!

i orderd it on the 18/05/15 and it arrived on the 22/05/18, exactly what i orderd and was execting, no messing about, no having to deal with faulty parts that they cant find a problem with (a different company has done this in the past...) compleately customizable ( altho i forgot to do thae case, good job i didnt mind the default case ) and very easy to use, select all the bits u want, any extras, and it will check the compatability to make sure it all works, with the added deal for 2 free game (the witcher 3 and batman arkham knight)with selected geforces and the option to finance while my new job starts. u get regular emails to let you know whats happening with the build / testing / dispatched ect ( fixed / replace any parts if need be, instead of sending out a faulty unit ) and it actually arrived at the time i paid for ( before mid day ). , well packaged with plenty of padding / styrofoam and actually came with all the discs you would need in the future ( plus the free update to windows 10 when that arrives ) great customer services to go with a well built and thoroughly tested pc, you can tell these peaople want the reputation they deserve!

• Original Source Lime Shower Gel / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.06.2015 19:46

Advantages

• "No tight skin afterwards "
      • "Not runny"
      • "Zingy and refreshing"
      • "Smells lush"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't make my skin soft"
      • "Not so cheap"

A truly zingy shower gel that works

I love zesty and zingy shower gels to help me keep my sorry eyes open first thing in the morning.The original source lime one is my absolute fave because it smells fresh and fab and just like real limes. They do use real limes to make this so that's the reason it smells so good.

The shower gel is green and not too runny so it is not wasteful. It gives a nice bit of lather so you feel really clean but it isn't such a creamy foam as some of them. I don't think this is moisturising but it makes my skin feel fresh and clean and not tight and dried out so I do love using it anyway, but I will pop on some body butter afterwards if I remember.
      The scent stays on my skin for a few hours but it isn't really strong and in your face. I would like it to be even stronger but I guess it could a bit clashy clashy if you want to wear a perfume as well.

I can buy cheaper shower gel because this costs 2.20 when it isn't on offer but it always is somewhere. And the cheaper ones do probably clean my skin just as good but they don't usually smell as nice and realistic. The Original Source gel does last me quite a long time too so I think it is good value.

I would recommend this if you want a good quality shower gel. It smells lovely and does the job well. Plus you can buy it most supermarkets and shops like Boots.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown