• Die Hard (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.09.2014 13:59

Advantages

• "great characters"
      • "great movie"

Disadvantages

• none

Where the Die Hard saga begins, John McClane is hard to kill

When I was younger this movie Die Hard, was one of my favorites. As I have got older these kind of movies don't appeal to me like they once did. Yet when I saw this advertised a few nights ago on television, I thought I would give it a watch, just for old time sake's. At the time this movie came out, in 1988, nobody knew of the success it would have. Not only was it a massive blockbuster movie, loved all around the world, it's success has now lead to four sequels, making a movie series of five Die Hard movies. The idea of this movie comes from a book, a novel written by Roderick Thorp in 1979, which is called nothing lasts forever.

This movie is based around the fictional character of John McClane, a New York cop, who is ruff and ready, packing a gun on his waist. It is Christmas time, and John is boarding a plane to go and see his wife and child at the start of this movie. His wife has got herself a good job over in Los Angeles, working in a high rise building for a big corporation but due to John's work commitments in New York, he was unable to go with the her. He goes straight to her work, meeting up with his wife, named Holly played by Bonnie Bedelia, and they plan to go home afterwards, to see the child.

Afterwards, may never happen though, when a bunch of crazy but very clever international terrorists take over the building Holly works in. There goal is to claim and steal the merchandise in the buildings volt, which is worth millions. Everybody in the building get's rounded up, the workers and management, who were all in the process, of having a huge Christmas party. The terrorist are lead by Hans Gruber, a German criminal mastermind, he is ruthless, dangerous but clever with it. The terrorists have planned this job inside out, and are very professional, and go into this job knowing exactly what they are going to do, step by step. Yet they missed one thing, something they never expected, and that was that John McClane would be in the building.

John escapes the clutches of the terrorists at the start of there take over, and heads off into the building, his goal now is to make life difficult for the terrorists, if not stop them and all on his own.

Watching this movie again after so long was a really enjoyable experience for me, I probably won't watch it again for years but I did really enjoy it. Johns character is great, his witty one liners, and ruff and ready character is perfect for the movie. This movie really is action packed, without being to over the top violent, the way he systematically make life hell for the terrorists is really great to watch. I read that some other bigger stars actually turned this movie down, Arnold Schwarzenagger being just one but I for one am glad they did, as I couldn't imagine John being played by any other actor, other than Bruce Willis.

This is a movie which will never die in my opinion, just like the character John McClane. Some may say it is to old now, but in my opinion it was created during a golden age of Hollywood movies, maybe not a movie you would watch a lot, but well worth sitting through every few years. A great movie in my opinion, and one I highly recommend to all action movie fans.

22.09.2014 13:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fairly pricey treat but it is an enjoyable day out

I visited the Tynemouth Blue Reef Aquarium this summer with my husband and our 2 boys aged 5 and 6.

We were travelling from a few miles away but there was plenty of parking in a car park at the back of the aquarium. We did have to pay for this.

Admission is quite pricey, but we were able to get a few pounds off through the use of an online discount voucher that we found. I think the aquariums offer such discounts quite regularly.

Once you have paid, all of the members of your group get their hands stamped. This is handy as it means that if you finish the circular tour of the place and want to go back through to look at part of the attraction again you can do this.

There are plenty of creatures to look at to keep everybody happy. As well as lots of different fish there are also otters, seals, sea lions and monkeys.

There are shows and displays on every day (though not sure about weekdays during term time) and we chose to watch the seal show and also the sea lion show. These are very entertaining and informative and the creatures seem to be happy and well cared for. You can also have a photo taken of a sea lion kissing you for an extra charge - I think it was about £8 but we didn't do this.

There is a fairly large cafe and a nice shop. I was quite pleased that you don't have to go into the shop if you don't want to. It's to the side of the reception area, and not part of the attraction - so you can avoid it if you don't want your kids to pester you for souvenirs! There is also a snack stand outside (during the summer anyway) next to a small play park area. On the day we visited there was also a bouncy castle, which was £1 for unlimited bouncing.

This attraction is very close to the beach and also to a crazy golf course. It is also very near to public transport links such as a metro station.

• Pizza / Recipe / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.09.2014 13:47

Advantages

• Delicious
      • Homemade
      • Quick

Disadvantages

• "You have to wash up :)"

Cheap, easy Pizza!

I love cooking and baking, and I especially like making my own bread but one day I thought to myself, if I can make bread then I can make pizza's surely? And as pizza's are a favourite food in this house I decided to give it a try.

Not only is are these pizza's delicious and easy to make and cook, they are also cheap which is great when you are on a budget.

Recipe ~

2 Cups of Plain Flour
      1 8g Sachet of Dried Yeast
      1 Tsp of Caster Sugar
      1 Tsp of Salt
      2 Tbsp of Oil (can be Olive or any other cooking oil)
      3/4 Cup of Warm Water

Method ~

1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the center and add the oil and water.

2. Mix ingredients (by hand or using a dough mixer) into a soft dough.

3. Remove dough from the bowl and knead until soft and pliable.

4. Return dough to bowl, cover over with a clean tea towel and place in a warm spot for 30 minutes whist you wait for the dough to rise.

5. After 30 minutes the dough should have doubled in size. Punch the dough once to get rid of air bubbles.

6. Remove and knead quickly for one minute.

7. If you want one very large pizza then roll/shape, add toppings and cook. If you want two still large but smaller pizzas then split into two balls, roll/shape and add the toppings and cook.

My preferred toppings ~

I use a tomato base, usually tomato puree and tinned tomatoes (not all of the juice)
      Cheese
      Ham
      Mushrooms
      Sweetcorn
      Chicken
      Pineapple
      Pepperoni
      Peppers

Basically anything you like on a pizza you can put on it. If you like a BBQ flavoured sauce then use that instead.

I cook them in an electric oven on 180degree for 20 minutes.

They are delicious, easy to make and use very little in ingredients. You know exactly what you have put into them too.

My kids and hubby love these pizzas and they always go down well with friends and family too.

Try it!

22.09.2014 13:46

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • "Easy to clean"
      • Small

Disadvantages

• "Less features than other George foremans"

A brilliant little grill.

I bought this when I was moving out of home, as I was going to be living alone I knew that there was no point in getting a larger George Foreman so I got this, it was the cheapest model. I set it on the counter and it has been there ever since, it's so small that there is plenty of counter space. This is a big plus since I use it so regularly, I don't have to drag it out of the press and set it up, it's always just there.

It would easily fit 2 burgers, pork chops, chicken fillets etc. so not just good for someone living alone would be good for a couple or a small family as well. I fine it so versatile and useful, it cooks things to perfection in minutes and it heats up really quickly too which is always a big plus in my book. No more standing over a frying pan waiting for the oil to heat up.

Cleaning is really easy too, I just heat up the grill and then give it a wipe of a paper towel. If you have some particularly stubborn bits stuck to the grill then place a damp paper towel in it and heat it up. This will steam up and loosen all the stubborn bits.

This Grill doesn't have any of the features of larger grills. You plug it in when you want to turn it on and plug it out when you want to turn it off. That is it. It has no timer or heat controls or any other features. But I really don't mind. It works really well for what it is and is well worth the price considering how much use I get out of it.

• Speedy Meals / Recipe / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.09.2014 13:17

Advantages

• "Great for vegetarians also"
      • "15 minutes only"

Disadvantages

easy to make, fast meal

This dish needs no time to be prepared and its cooking is very easy. Sometimes, I come home tired after an exhausting day, I am hungry and I want something to eat as fast as possible. This meal is great for those days, when you just want a fast dinner to get your strength back.

The Recipe

The recipe is pretty simple actually.

You just need these ingredients:
      - 4 eggs
      - 2 potatoes
      - 2 courgettes
      - salt
      - olive oil

Preparation
      1. Cut the courgettes and potatoes into small slices.
      2. Fry the potatoes (use olive oil)
      3. Before you finish the second step just take another pan and pour some olive oil.
      4. Just make sure your chips are not crunchy or overcooked because you will cook them again.
      5. When you are ready just put the courgettes and chips on the hot pan.
      6. After 2 minutes add the eggs and salt
      7. Wait for 5 minutes and your meal is ready.

Conclusion:
      My girlfriend is a vegetarian and she doesn't eat meat at all. So she cooks this meal 2 times a week. Some of you may not find this dish very healthy and I agree with you. However, if you don't want to eat lamp, pork or whatever, you must have a backup plan. In this case, this is a good way to take a decent amount of proteins, fatty acids, minerals and carbohydrates that your body needs. This meal doesn't need more than 15 minutes to be prepared.

22.09.2014 13:04

Advantages

• "Keeps items fresh "
      • "Great for wrapping "

Disadvantages

• "Very thin"

Cheap wrap!

For cooking I tend to purchase more expensive thicker foil but for just wrapping sandwiches or bits of leftover food to store in the fridge I will buy a basic wrapping foil. On my last trip to Sainsbury’s I purchased a roll of there basics wrapping foil which was priced at £1.15 for 30metres.

This is wrapping foil is more expensive that other supermarkets economy versions but there rolls are usually smaller. Personally I get through quite a lot of this type of foil so having a larger roll was fine with me.

This foil comes in quite a basic cardboard box with the Sainsbury’s basic logo on the front and a serrated edge allowing you to dispense the foil easily without it tearing.

I use tend to use this foil just for wrapping especially for sandwiches which I make daily for mine and my husbands packed lunch or covering leftover food that I am refrigerating. For this use I have had hardly any problems at all with the foil as it keeps my sandwiches/leftovers protected and fresh, it does occasionally tear but it think that is mainly down to me being clumsy. I have when I have ran out of other foil occasionally used it for cooking but will use 2-3 layers as if I don’t the foil will tear easily when I try and move the meat or item I am cooking or fat or juices will seep through a single layer of the foil.

Overall I think this foil is perfect for what it is intended for as a wrapping foil but if you are requiring foil to line a baking tray then you certainly need to purchase a more expensive thicker variety. I would certainly purchase this again in the future and would recommend it for a wrapping foil as it is great value.

• Speedy Meals / Recipe / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      22.09.2014 12:35

Advantages

• "Easy "
      • "Nutritious "
      • Quick

Disadvantages

• "Nothing "

Dinner.....done!

I love cooking and baking but with working full time as well as having a second job, baking celebration cakes as a hobby and a husband that does not cook at all then occasionally meals need to be speedy and quick. Therefore here is my list of favourite speedy meals that I use frequently…

1. Nacho’s – I make my own beef chilli and will always make sure I make a large batch to either have enough for a couple of days or some to freeze. One great snack to make with the chilli is nachos, I simply throw into a bowl some shop brought slightly salted tortilla chips, spoon over the heated chilli and top with cheese, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
      2. Fish finger pitta breads – This is my twist on the good old fish finger sandwich and I always have fish fingers in the freezer. I simply warm a pitta bread and fill with 2-3 fish fingers, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and either mayonnaise or tar tar sauce.
      3. Corned beef savoury – This is a recipe my mum taught me, simply chop a onion, 4-5 fresh tomatoes and a tin of corned beef and put into a frying pan with a little oil and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and heat until hot and mixed together. Place the mixture in a baking dish and top with slices of boiled potato and grated cheese and bake in the oven until piping hot. I normally serve this with chunks of buttered tiger bread.
      4. Jacket Potatoes – These are one of the easiest things to make and I tend to always have potatoes at home. If in a hurry I will microwave these but if I am baking a cake which I do as a hobby I will place the potatoes in the bottom of the oven while the cake is in to provide dinner for when I am finished baking. The beauty of jacket potatoes is that they can be topped with almost anything, my favourites are, cheese, baked bean, tuna mayonnaise, coleslaw, sweet corn or leftover fajita mix, chilli or Bolognese sauce.
      5. Topped toast – I have called this topped toast as although I love beans on toast this is not the only quick topping I will add to my toast. I will sometimes top my toast with cheese, spaghetti, ravioli or tinned tomatoes and a sprinkling of cheese. These all make a very quick comforting meal.

I hope you find these as yummy and as quick as I do to create. Thank you for reading!

22.09.2014 12:14

Advantages

• "dog like it!"
      • "has improved my dogs health"

Disadvantages

• cost!

royal canin duck and tapioca dry dog food.

Last year my setter was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease and my vet recommended a 3 week food trail. The food he suggested we try was a dry food containing duck and tapioca made by royal canin. Costing over £60 for a 14 KG sack I was shocked at the price, but felt I had little choice if I wanted to improve my dog’s health issues.

Royal Canin have been producing quality animal feed for decades. Their range now includes a range of specialised foods for all pet requirements including special foods for size, breeds and health issues.

Duck and tapioca is part of the sensitivity control range and is available in several size packs. I always buy the 14 Kg, as it works out slightly cheaper than the smaller packs. This food is only available from Vets and specialist pet suppliers. However I have recently discovered that it is sold by Amazon for slightly less than from my vet.

The food comes in a plastic sack with lots of mind blowing ingredients! Royal Canin state that the food contains proteins to reduce allergies and fatty acids to help digestion and skin. The kibble is quite small and it has a pleasant smell (unlike some pet foods!). There is a chart on the pack to help measure the correct amount for your dog’s size and weight. It would have been helpful to have a measuring cup included in the pack!

My dog is a really fussy eater and has often refused to eat! However I was amazed at how quickly he has taken to his new food. I have found that adding a little hot water helps! After just a few days my dog’s tummy problems showed a marked improvement. He had been in the habit of asking to go out almost every night in the wee small hours! The vet thought this was caused by his IBD. I was delighted that this new food meant he was now sleeping all night.

After the 3 week period my vet recommended that my dog remain on this diet for life. He can also have fresh duck! Royal canin also make a wet version of this food and so I do feed him a little mixed in with his kibble occasionally as a treat. Although this is a very expensive food it has really helped to improve my dog’s health and that is priceless in my book!

22.09.2014 11:55

Advantages

• "good range of sizes"
      • "easy to clean"
      • well-made
      • strong
      • "great for reptiles/arachnids"

Disadvantages

• "clips for mesh lid can become weak"
      • "mesh lid can discolour over time"

The perfect terrarium for our Crested Gecko's.

THE PRODUCT: We currently have 6 Crested Gecko’s and we keep these in Terrariums which are by a company named Exo-Terra. The terrarium is made from glass and have front window ventilation, dual doors for escape-free access and a waterproof bottom. They also have a stainless steel mesh cover which has an easy twist locking system and it has close able inlets for wires and/or tubing. All the terrariums come with an easy to cut background for a natural look and also creates a multi-dimensional habitat which makes it perfect for climbing reptiles or it can be used to simply beautify the terrarium.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: The terrariums come in a huge range of sizes including Large, Medium, Small, Mini and also Nano. I’m not going to list all of the prices for each terrarium as it would take up a lot of this review but to give you a few ideas I have listed just a couple of sizes and their average price.

• 30x30x32cm Terrarium - £28.79
      • 60x45x45cm Terrarium - £74.69
      • 60x45x60cm Terrarium - £80.99

THE TERRARIUM: We always clean out terraiums with water and a reptile safe disinfectant before using it. The background that comes with the terrarium is made from polystyrene so is suitable for wet or dry conditions. The terrarium is nice and easy to decorate using things such as plastic and fake plants. Due to the cut out’s at the back of the terrariums this makes it easy to ensure that wires or tubes can run safely down the back of the background and into the terrarium.

THE TERRARIUM IN USE: The front opening doors allow us to get into the terrarium easily to replace food and water. The doors are double and are easy to lock and unlock using the catch on the front.The mesh top to the vivarium allows fresh air into it which stops the terrarium become too moist or humid and it also keeps it nice and fresh for the reptiles as well. This can be unclipped really easily when you need to clean the terrarium. Our crested geckos seem to be very happy in the terrarium and love climbing about on the glass, background and other foliage we have decorated the terrarium with. The glass is easy to wipe and always comes up looking lovely and clean again.

OVERALL OPINION: The terrariums seems to be made very well and are strong and of good quality and are great for our Gecko’s. We haven’t had any problems with any of our reptiles escaping. As the terrariums seem to be water tight it means you can add water or a water feature to the terrarium without having to worry about it leaking. In terms of value I do think the terrariums are reasonably priced as they are made well and are very good quality. If we need any more terrariums for any other reptiles we may purchase in the future then these Exo-Terra one’s will definitely be our first choice.

• Tesco / Employment / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      22.09.2014 11:53

Advantages

• Big

Disadvantages

• "In danger of take over by the Chinese"

Are Tesco ripe for a takeover?

If you want to see the effects of the welfare cuts and immigration in the United Kingdom you only need look at Tesco. Like other big supermarket stores they have seen big falls in profits and in Tesco’s case had to fib about the share price just to keep the company above the Plimsol Line to pay that share dividend. When I worked for them back in the day they were a booming company as they mastered diversification of products and services. Now the cut price Scandinavian supermarkets have moved in like Lidle and Aldi and it looks grim for Tesco. If the biggest companies in the world stop growing they tend to get top heavy ad fall over. Tesco can not afford to stand still.

When Cameron got elected he didn’t hesitate to blame the poor and unemployed for the financial collapse. What he doesn’t tell you is of the total yearly welfare bill of 120 billion pounds just 3% is Jobseekers Allowance, which is less than the annual combined overseas aid arm industry subsidy, often the same thing. When you strip money from the welfare bill you strip money from the economy, food an essential part of life. Every penny you give to the unemployed is spent in that week. If its beer, scratch cards or nappies it’s spent, end of. It doesn’t drive the economy but it’s quickly returned to it. So if money is taken out of the economy it hurts our biggest retailer. Through the recession Waitrose profits remained stable. Tesco’s have dropped 27% since the Tories arrived. Cameron’s welfare cuts nearly broke up the Union last week as the poor voted ‘Yes’ and they could ruin our best companies.

Tesco also failed in its attempt to crack the overseas markets. Instead of just taking over a chain like Wal-Mart did in the UK to get market share Tesco decided to arrogantly build stores and spend big, especially in the US, returning with their tail between their legs. The burgeoning Indian middle-class in search of British brands is next on the radar and Tesco have learnt some lessons, buying a 50% stake in an India supermarket chain to kick it off. But the striking loss in the United Kingdom may curtail that growth and this huge company unable to recover profits as the pure weight of it collapses in on itself. It’s ripe for a Chinese takeover. Like all retail stores profits are driven by low staff wages and that is the future of our economy but as fuel and transport costs rise then consumer simply don’t have the cash to buy a new TV or mobile phone from Tesco and so I can only see its profits falling further. The only increased retailer on the British high street are pawn and charity shops, a vital part of our rather sad economy right now. The Tories have let the bankers off scot free and you, the workers, are going to have to balance the books.

• Canon EOS 70D Body / Digital Camera / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      22.09.2014 11:12

Advantages

• "good feature"

Disadvantages

• "a little pricey"

Canon EOS 70D review

I have to say I was really excited about this camera was first announced
      for a couple reasons one being this is really the first time can it has upgraded their a PSE sensors since the Canon 7d,and i buy the Canon 7d when it came out whatever that was
      several several years ago so its kinda down that it's taken this long to do anything with that sensor.
      so we've got an upgrade its going from the 18 megapixels to be 20 megapixel
      but the biggest feature is the do pixel feature out the sensor you can read a lot more about this online,but essentially it's a lot more processing information in the sensors.
      so you're not only able to do things like capture an image,but its also able to do a lot of other functions simultaneously,like really accurate autofocus or to talk about that a little bit later but this camera and does an incredible job lot of focus.
      if you have a Canon 60d ,the body and feel this camera is going to be very familiar to you,and it's really nice isn't right in the middle between the proline like one DC and the rebel lines which is much cheaper plastic he kinda camera so lands right in the middle on the functions work really well,all the tiles are there and instead the to rotating wheels,you get the little joystick built into the rear dial which is really nice if course you get the otating screen as well as the locking load I'll really like it, I think it's a great feature.

Now talk about the sensor and if there's any real big differences when it comes
      to a lot of problems that we have with diesel are.
      now talk about a low-light sensitivity I went ahead and did a couple tests again putting the seventy the up against the 7d and I really do know is that much of a difference the noise level didn't seem to mean much lower maybe just that hair lower but I did notice that the noise pattern seem to be more pleasing so on the 7d
      it's a big blotchy pattern in the and I'm the pixelation or the you know digital noise,kinda has a wider block you look whereas on the seventy it seemed to have a much finer look so even though the noise isn't necessarily lower
      maybe just a little bit you are getting what looks to be a more pleasing emission or so he did have to really push this camera,it's gonna look a little better in some the old idea solarz.

Now I want to talk about autofocus this is really where this sensor shines
      compared to other Canon DSLR's.
      The out of focus on this thing is incredible ,you have a lot of different options you can do spot.
      I prefer having a saying one section on the image to be in focus,it is really cool cuz for something like this where if I was recording myself need to be moving a little bit or any did hold an object really close to the camera,it would be great to have our focus cuz you get set it to you.
      it's pretty incredible what you see here some devil footage me having the camera on autofocus and just one note that
      I really put that to the test because they put on the Canon 15 when the air f1.4 so at that low aperture it's very difficult to deal with autofocus, and that is one of the slowest lines is it feels like for focus it's very jumpy you can hear it coming climbing as it goes the focus points so it's not the smoothest lands for auto focus,but this camera still there me zing job did a great thing about this camera is you have a lot more options for selecting the way that the images recorded to your card this is something that's been on the Canon 5d March 3,but now we're getting an upgrade from the sixty-two this new 780 and you have a couple more options was gonna give you a slightly better image in a little more flexibility in post.
      Here is a great thing is you can use the touchscreen on this camera to go ahead and set your focus and that's kinda breezes into you talking about the screen and display really like the size flip out of course is amazing to have,when you only want to use the camera lansky.
      I was to get lower angles are really really high angles without having to use
      a monitor.
      but the touch screen on this really blew me away I never really like touch screens
      on cameras and less Apple ever came out the camera because after using IOS devices just they all use came with screens I seem so choppy and chunky.
      when it came to touch this however is very responsive and I found myself
      really liking the touch on here not only to change settings and get into the
      menus,but also for playing back footage if you have the feeling on Canon DSLR's you pry use to the rigmarole,going through and trying to slide images and play.
      it can be really painful and difficult to do whereas on this guy,it's great you can hit players a big play button you can even swipe to the next image and it's just very intuitive hats off to Canada for coming up with really solid touch system in a very responsible something else on this camera that really separated from the other candidates Flyers is having Audio meters on the display all the time,
      this is such a life saver and one of the reasons I plan on purchasing one of these down the road,it's so nice to finally have audio levels on the screen all the time I've been doing a lot of podcast with this care and I don't use my monitor I actually just flip it around like this.
      I can see my audio levels right there's just an added level security to be watching your audio levels in because a touch screen you can just touch it and touch that dial such levels right from the mean live you screen.
      Because it's such a great feature,so after using this camera I have come to really love it having a really hard time finding something I don't like maybe biggest thing would be not add a lot more features,but thats you know how can an roles and there is ridiculous withholding ally the cameras back because they don't want cannibalize their higher level DSLR's or their video cameras and I think this is a camera is very flexible in really works for a lot of different kinda shooters
      If you're getting started have a budget that can incorporate this camera which is around 8 hundred pounds.

I think it's a fantastic by gonna be a great first DSLR,because you're gonna be starting with a lot of features that the rest of us haven't been able to use which is fantastic,very user-friendly it's very intuitive but this isn't just for beginners this is for season shooters,if I didn't want to shoot and full frame cameras that this would be a fantastic one.

22.09.2014 11:07

Advantages

• "Healthy cat"
      • "Good valie"
      • "Cat enjoys it"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing "

Poultry Whiskas!

My cat has been fed Whiskas since I got her at just 8 weeks old. She loves the grilled varieties and it agrees with her stomach too so this is the one I tend to always purchase. Although she really likes the meat selection I do try and give her a little variety so will occasionally purchase the poultry selection too.

Most of the larger supermarkets stock the Whiskas grilled poultry selection boxes of 12x85g pouches ranging from £3.00-£4.75 depending upon offers. The recommended feeding guidelines for an adult cat under 4kg is 2 pouches per day with 20g of biscuit. This is what I have been following for my cat and she is maintaining a healthy weight and this means a box of the meat lasts for 6 days which I think makes it good value.

The poultry selection contains 4 different flavours, chicken, duck, turkey and poultry. The food comes packaged in individually foil pouches to help keep it nice and fresh. On the box you can find all the detailed information about the food including nutritional information and feeding guidelines. It also states that the food contains no artificial flavorings and preservatives and has all the protein, vitamins and minerals a cat requires.

I am completely happy with this food my cat is healthy and energetic and also seems to enjoy this food. The food recently had a change in recipe which seems to have improved my cats love of it as she would previously tend to not seem as eager to eat the chicken and turkey flavour but since the change she cant wait for me to fill her bowl. I know a lot of cat owners tend to argue the case for dried food only diets or to opt for the more expensive brands but this is the only cat food that has never given my cat an upset tummy so for me this makes my decision to feed my cat Whiskas perfectly justified.

Overall my cat really enjoys this food, it keeps her tummy happy and she is looks healthy and full of life. I therefore will continue to feed this to my cat and would recommend it to other cat owners.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.09.2014 11:04

Advantages

• "PC Eventually Arrived"

Disadvantages

• "Order was forgotten about"
      • "Poor customer service"

A real shame PCS let us down - as they are normally really good

We purchase all our machines from PC Specialist and previously they have been really good. However our more recent purchase was a shambles.

The order was placed on the 20/08/2014 and did not start to be processed until 10/09/2014 after 3 phone calls and 2 promises the order would be fast-tracked (as they could not tell me why it hadn't been touched yet). The most frustration was caused by the second phone call where we were told the order would be built that day and sent to us as quickly as possible. A week later and no update - I phone them again and get the exact same story (oh we're sorry, we're not sure why your order hasn't been started yet, we'll put it on fast-track). This was quite obviously not actioned as I had to then chase this again the following week.

The only goodwill we received to apologise was a 'fast-track' on our next order - ironically the same 'fast-track' that made our order take 17 working days to be delivered??

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.09.2014 10:57

Advantages

• "Order eventually arrived"

Disadvantages

• "Order was forgotten about"
      • "Poor customer service"

A real shame PCS let us down - as they are normally really good

22.09.2014 10:57

Advantages

• "Kind to skin"
      • "Reasonable value"
      • "Good quality"

Disadvantages

• "Not as nice as others in the range"

Trying Tropics..!

I really like the shower gels from Avon's "Senses" range and have tried out most of them in the past. I noticed that Avon had a couple of the shower gel products available at a reduced price in a recent 'Sale' brochure, and purchased a couple to try them out.

This review will discuss my experiences of trying the Avon Senses Tropics Shower Gel, which cost me around £1.25 for the reasonably-sized bottle, which is 250ml in size. You can buy Avon products from your local Avon Representative or online at www.avonshop.co.uk.

The bottle has a pretty appearance and a slim design, allowing it to sit neatly on the bathroom shelf. The liquid itself is quite runny, but I don't find that it drips or spills excessively during use. In fact, I find that the Shower Gel smoothens over skin easily, creating a gentle lather in its wake. I do feel too, that the Gel has a pleasant consistency as it doesn't feel 'sticky' or tacky upon the skin's surface.

The description on the bottle is "Stimulating Passion Fruit & Kiwi" which sounded promising, particularly as I enjoy using bath/shower/body products with fruity or citrus fragrances.

I do find that initially, the Gel's fragrance feels quite fruity, pleasantly so, as I am able to detect the strong aroma of Passion Fruit. As the Gel lathers gently, the aroma seems to gain intensity, and whilst keeping a citrusy, fruity 'heart' at it's core, the overall scent seems to take on a very sweet edge to it that had been lurking in the background previously. Unfortunately, for me, this sweet edge seems to become rather 'sickly' as the Gel is rinsed from the skin, and this element of the scent allows the overall fragrance to feel synthetic and 'false', which is a bit of a shame. I think the balance of fruity sweetness isn't quite as 'spot on' as I would have liked, so I do find the scent's end result isn't as well-suited to my own tastes as I had initially anticipated and hoped. For this reason, I can't say that I would repurchase the gel again in the future.

On the plus side, I find that the Senses Gel works really well at cleansing my skin; after use, my skin is thoroughly clean and spotless and I have no complaints in this regard.

Furthermore, I have never experienced any irritation or aggravation to my sensitive skin, and I have found that the Tropics Shower Gel is entirely suited to my dry/sensitive skin type.

Taking everything into account, I don't really feel that I would repurchase the Avon Senses Tropics Shower Gel again in the future, as there are other gels with different aromas that I prefer. This is really the only grumble that I have with the product, however, and I did feel it was of a good quality, and found its mild formulation agreeable.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown