• E45 Nourish & Restore Body Lotion / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.05.2016 13:54

Advantages

• "Sorted out my dry skin "
      • "Lasts a long time"

Disadvantages

• "Quite expensive "
      • "Doesn't rub in well"
      • "Bit liquidy "

Really helped my dry skin all over

I recently came out of army training and this stuff has been an absolute godsend!

From week 1 to week 4, I was in absolute bits. My skin was red raw, particularly on my knuckles, my knees, my neck and my armpits.
      I was chaffed to bits from all of the new starchy kit we had to wear, all the marching that meant your thighs and armpits were constantly rubbing on the clothes. On my neck where my rifle sling sat that held my heavy rifle. On my shoulders from where my heavy bergen's straps rested. My knees from constantly 'taking a knee' on gravel and concrete. And on my hands - the worst was my knuckles. After an exercise my skin would be so cracked that mud and dirt would stay within those cracks for about two weeks.

I had a couple of cheap moisterisers but they weren't working. I managed to order some of this stuff online, in the biggest bottle I could find!
      It was quite liquidy - I'd only ever used the E45 in the tub before that's quite thick. It came out easily so that I could spread it over my skin well. It didn't absorb amazingly well and quite often I'd go to bed completely white and I'd put it on head to toe! But it wasn't the end of the world.

I was impressed the bottle lasted me about 8 weeks considering I was using it on a daily basis and using a large amount of it. I was impressed that within a week my skin had gone from being practically red raw to normal again, and after using it constantly on my hands my skin had finally softened so that the mud and dirt had been removed!
      This is really easy to pick up - I've seen it in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and other big supermarkets. I purchased it online and it was more expensive - I recommend picking up some from Superdrug where it is about £4.50.

• Camelbak Better Bottle / Bike Accessories / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.05.2016 13:49

Advantages

• Solid
      • "Nice colour choices"
      • "Leak free"
      • "Good price"

Disadvantages

• "Straw sometimes flips up a bit too easily but it still hasn't leaked"

Brilliant water bottle to remind me to drink enough water!

For many years I've survived on refilling old water bottles with tap water and trying to remember to take this to work. Unfortunately a lot of the time I forget. I get to work, I'm thirsty, I buy a coffee, then buy a Pepsi out of the vending machine.. Shocking I know!

On a whim I invested in a Camelbak Eddy water bottle in bright orange and have been using it every day since I purchased it! It's brightly coloured and pretty and as it sits on my desk it reminds me to constantly fill it up. I've been filling it up with a mix of water and orange squash.

The bottle is 600ml capacity, so just over a pint. It's a good amount/size to carry around in a bag. It feels very solid and doesn't have a plasticky taste as some bottles tend to carry.

The bottle seems to be very water tight - I've had it in various different bags and it's not once leaked nor has any water come out of the top even when the straw has accidentally flipped up!

I paid £15 for this which I know is very overpriced! I purchased on an army base in the expensive NAAFI. I after found it online for about £8 so I'm gutted but never mind! The bottle comes in a variety of colours - black, clear, red, green, purple, and pink.

The tag says it's dishwasher safe but unfortunately I don't have a dishwasher so I cannot test! But I would trust the tag if I had one.

Overall, great product. I'm due to climb another mountain next month and this will definitely be coming with me alongside my water bladder.

29.05.2016 17:54

Advantages

• "Everytime updated about your order"
      • "Very good site"

Disadvantages

• "Not all keyboard language"

Good site, professional work. great stuff

I needed a laptop and since the commercial ones are very bad i decided to build my own; searching on web i found pcspecialist well reviewed so i tried.

Very satisfied, a very very good site, many option, everytime updated about the status of order.
      The laptop arrived in a very good/safe package with all cd and manuals. Its about a week since i received and it works pretty well ( before dispatch they test it ), materials seems solid and i chose the specific so i'm satisfied. The only bad thing is that i couldn't choose my language keyboard, its not that bad but it's just a small thing they can improve.
      If i have to buy another laptop i'd re-choose pcspecialist for sure.

Italian review: ottimo sito, sempre aggiornato sullo stato dell'ordine. Il pc arriva in un pacco ben imballato con cd e manuali. Prima di spedire testano loro il pc quindi va tutto bene ( ho scelto io i componenti quindi so cosa mi aspettavo ) unica pecca è la tastiera non italiana ma non è un gran problema.
      Se dovessi comprare un altro laptop sceglierei ancora pcspecialist

• Sekonda 4474 Ladies Watch / Watch / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.05.2016 16:53

Advantages

• "Large Numbers"

Disadvantages

• Thin

It is a very lovely watch

I like this watch as the numbers are very large so if you required glasses to see your watch (for example) you wouldn't need to wear them to see this. I don't like how thin the strap is as it can feel quite flimsy and easily broken.

• Populaire (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.05.2016 11:46

Advantages

• Fun

Disadvantages

• "Subtitles "

Hits all the right notes!

Star – Romain Duris
      Genre – World Cinema > Comedy
      Run Time – 111 minutes
      Certificate – 18
      Country – France
      Awards – 1 Wins & 9 Nominations
      Amazon – £5.00DVD (Blue Ray £6.99)
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

So Populaire, the 2012 French remake of a 1957 French film that was called something else I can’t recall, Populaire relating to a make of typewriter. The new version received multiple César Award nominations but not much attention outside of France. It’s a subtitled Technicolor blast of nostalgia made for French people to remember the old Paris they long for of handsome cigarette smoking men and beautiful stylish women, not a city full of Arabs and West Africans they rebel against today. I did not see one black or Arab person in this film. It’s quite sad how racist the French are.

It stars the rather excellent Romain Duris, a French actor who is super cool in films like ‘The Beat that Skipped my Heart’ and The Big Picture. The romantic female lead is Déborah François and the third party on this love tryst and a typewriter that comes between them. Yes, a typewriter. You will see why when you watch this, of course. If you love foreign films then you should watch this. It makes the heart sing for a filmmaking style long forgotten. If you like typewriters you should watch this even more.

===Common Keyboards===

The 'AZERTY' keyboard is a popular style used especially among European-based French speakers English typewriters use QWERTY. Switzerland and Luxembourg use a variant called 'QWERTZ'.

===Cast===

Yannik Landrein as Léonard Échard
      Nastassja Girard as Evelyne Échard
      Dominique Reymond as Madamme Shorofsky

===Plot===

It’s the late 1950s in France…

Pretty and clumsey twentysomething Rose Pamphyle (Déborah François) lives with her widowed father (Frédéric Pierrot) in a small rural town and is destined to marry a son of the local mechanic. She works in the family shop and desperate to escape her humdrum life. Rose travels out of town and applies for a secretarial job with an insurance agency run by the handsome and well groomed Louis Échard (Romain Duris). Louis gives her a week’s trial after he learns that Rose can type with extraordinary speed using only two fingers, on of many of her quirks. Rose is elated and dreams of an exciting and glamorous future.

After one week of her clumsiness he tells her he will only keep her on if she does him something in return. It’s not to sleep with him but to compete in a speed-typing competition. Louis competed at many sporting events when he was young and sees potential in his ditsy but sweet secretary. While Rose makes the finals, she ultimately loses her first typing competition by not breaking 400WPM. Louis is not deterred and begins training Rose to become the fastest typist in France, and beyond, putting her up in his big house to perfect her skills. He makes a bet with his best friend, Bob Taylor (Shaun Benson), who is married to his old sweetheart, Marie (Bérénice Bejo) that Rose can win the regional competition.

He begins to teach her to touch type with all ten fingers and insists she take piano lessons from Marie to strengthen her fingers and rhythm. The increasingly confident Rose does indeed win her second competition, becoming the fastest in her home region of Lower Normandy. It becomes obvious to all that Louis fancies Rose and vice versa, but Louis insists that a coach mustn't distract his student. Through to the national finals they travel to Paris, the city of love, but still Louis can’t find the courage to fall for her as the final approaches and his father standards hold him back from being himself.

===Results===

I really enjoyed this and a good old burst of retro French cinema I imagine a lot of people loved at the time. It has the subtle sexiness and clean-cut style of Mad Men meets the innocent romantic comedy of the period. It’s a love story wrapped around this typewriter metaphor thing and well scripted and acted for a romantic comedy of this type. You will fall for both the attractive and likeable leads. Sadly its way too long and gets baggy towards the end and that will annoy those getting involved in the romantic side of things. It’s predictable of course on the love story. You may not know but one third of secretary’s sleep with their boss and many admit to taking a secretarial job to meet a wealthy man of means. 40% of us sleep with someone at work at some point.

Its €14m Euro budget pulled in a healthy $18.4 million around the world and not bad for a foreign film not entered into the big American film festivals. It’s well paced with admirable style, with a glossy, Technicolor production design and feel that so evokes that period when men were men and women were subservient and knew their place, allowing for that more frivolous and comedic sweetness to evolve. The subtitles are straightforward so no worries there. You should simply watch this film is you want to be happy and remember how straightforward life used to be without all those distractions and technologies that now keep us apart.

===RATINGS===

Imdb.com – 7.0/10.0 (votes)
      Rottentomatos.com –75% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – 57% critic’s approval

===Trailer===

===Special Features===

===Critics===

Seattle Times –‘As romantic comedy it's uneven, but as an ode to something long gone, "Populaire" hits the right notes’.

The NY Post –‘A clever movie of considerable wit and charm. Its only fault is that it could have been a bit shorter and benefitted from the trim. Still, it's time well spent’.

The Seattle Times –‘It's a gorgeous picture that's highly amusing, allowing viewers to lose themselves in the fantasy of love, rivalry, and typing. Yes, typing. Any film that can make typewriters as cool as hot rods deserves a look’..

Red Eye –‘After all those words pounded onto the typewriter, this throwback finds a way to capture the big L in any language.
      St Louis Dispatch –‘It's neatly formatted, but if there's a message in the margins of this manuscript, "Populaire" doesn't spell it out’.

Independent Inquiry –‘Even when there's tragedy around the turn, it doesn't matter. Populaire plays like a musical - you expect anyone, at any time, to break into song’.
      Boston Globe –‘Roinsard labors mightily to eke laughs and excitement out of '50s secretaries in Technicolor dresses, towering heels, and awkward hairdos hammering away at keyboards, with limited success’.
      San Francisco Bugle –‘Is this remake really necessary? Maybe not, but to worry about that is to risk missing out on a lot of fun’.

===========

28.05.2016 17:41

Advantages

• "excellent sound"
      • unbreakable

Disadvantages

• "long spaghetti-like wires"

Quality earphones at a reasonable price: durable and tough with excellent sound

These headphones have not let us down! These Turtle Beach Ear force X 12 Earphones have out lived all of its predecessors! Despite being stepped on, sat on, dropped on and hoovered - it is a miracle that these headphones are still fully functioning after 6 long hard months in our house hold. We bought these for our son last Christmas, for use on the X box and also the gaming computer. They were reasonably priced for what they deliver: quality. As well as excellent sound quality, good microphone quality,resonance and longevity, they cup your ears very comfortably like a pair of soft nuturing mufflers. Ear heaven. What more could you want? I have awarded this product 4 out of 5 hearts. It lost just the one point on account of the excessively long wires which have been sucked up by the vacuum cleaner from time to time. The fact that these earphones have survived such an ordeal is testament to how tough they are. Tough, durable, and hard to break. No other earphones have made it this far. The next best earphones lasted only 3 months before getting stepped on to destruction. So it's a big thumbs up to the take-no-prisoners Turtle Beach Ear force X 12 Earphones.

28.05.2016 17:08

Advantages

• "Bright and good quality screen"
      • "Very fast"
      • "Good price and delivery as promised"

Disadvantages

• "In use on your lap the rear edge of the screen digs into your legs as the hinge is a very odd design. It's fine on a desk!"
      • "The plastic case of the laptop is a bit cheap and not up to the standard of branded laptops"

Good machine, quality and design could be better

Ordering and delivery was as advertised - no issues.

The laptop is as specified, is very quick and nice to use.

The only issues are as follows:

The quality of the case is not as good as a branded laptop and I am not sure how long it will last.
      The design of the hinge means that with the laptop open the rear edge of the screen digs into your legs, the hinge should be redesigned to eliminate this.

28.05.2016 15:57

Advantages

• "Regular order updates"
      • "Good prices"
      • "Excellent customer service"

Disadvantages

I would recommend PC Specialists to anyone. Good prices and outstanding customer service.

There is absolutely nothing bad or negative that I can say about PC Specialists. From the moment I ordered my custom build laptop until the day it was delivered, I received updates on its progress. Their pricing is very good and no high street retailer can touch them for pc specs v's prices.

I simply wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

28.05.2016 15:54

Advantages

• "good cable management"
      • "- fast boot"

Disadvantages

• "time to build"

Will use the service again, maybe next time get faster build

The PC is fine for the moment, hope i can say this for years to come. The guide is good that was included

28.05.2016 13:58

Advantages

• "Pre-installed software"
      • Packaging

Disadvantages

Extremely happy with this product

Couldn't wait to receive this. Made up with the PC - it was everything that I wanted.

28.05.2016 12:13

Advantages

• "Great support forum"
      • "Fast professional service"

Disadvantages

• "Can't think of any!"

Fantastic fast service, I would recommend PCSpecialist to anyone!

I have now bought my second PC from pcspecialist - I had the last one for over 6 years and was very happy with it, so I went with them again this time. So far I am not disappointed! Extremely fast service - delivery was on time, and my new computer is everything I asked for. I didn't pay extra to speed up the building/delivery process, but I still had my new computer within a week of ordering, which is pretty amazing. Once you order, you receive regular email updates on how your PC is being built and tested, right up to dispatch.

28.05.2016 10:04

Advantages

• "Very competitive prices compared to similar companys."
      • "Huge range of available options."
      • "Easy to set up for use."

Disadvantages

• "The inflation foam insert can be a little tricky to remove."

Great custom build service with great prices and an excellent shipping time.

From first visiting the PC Specialist website, to turning on the system everything has been smooth and trouble free. If you're new to PC systems or just short of time to do it all yourself the service has been great. Making what can be a stressful process as easy as possible. The range of option available covers virtually all needs and variety of system, with the component installation be very well done without even a misplaced screw. I definitely recommend taking the time to use it yourself.

28.05.2016 09:08

Advantages

• "Value for Money"
      • "Reliable Customer Service"
      • "Quick Service"

Disadvantages

Love my new PC

I'm pleased with my new desktop PC, the service was fast and reliable. The PC performs amazingly, its alot faster than my old one and quieter.

• Skullcandy INK'D / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.05.2016 22:38

Advantages

• "Comfortable "
      • Cheap
      • "Decent bass"
      • "Good sound quality"

Disadvantages

• "Annoying packaging"
      • "Decent durability"
      • "Don't last long"

Cheap And Reliable

Skullcandy ink'd earbuds are good quality earbuds for their cheap price. I listen to a variety of music and these earbuds will work well for those that listen too Hip-Hop and or Jazz music. The cord to these earbuds are around 3 feet long, so they're a bit shorter than a few others on the market. The earbuds lasted me around 3 months which says a lot. Many other earbuds brands (i.e. JVC) only last me around a month. Skullcandy ink'd earbuds packaging is a bit annoying to open though. It may be nit-picking, but the fact I have to get a knife to open a pair of earbuds is a bit ridiculous. The packaging includes a handy little guide on how to use the earbuds and a different sized rubber for the earbuds. They rubber pieces have never caused me any discomfort (unlike other brands). All in all these earbuds are good for people who just want a cheap pair of earbuds to use for a few months. They aren't fancy or anything and they surely aren't good as beats. But if you're on the go a lot and want to have a pair of earbuds that you don't have to worry about breaking these are definitely for you. You couldn't used these to work out at the gym though, the earbuds will more than likely slip out of your ears. For all other purposes though these are fine and I'd recommend these to a friend. 3 out of 5 stars.

27.05.2016 19:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

Love this and will be buying for my son aswell

I bought this bag over the weekend and I absolutely love it. I use it to store my gym wear and I must say there was lots of room. I will definaly recommend this.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown