Welcome! Log in or Register
  • Sort by:
    • Vitabiotics Well Woman / Vitamins & Minerals / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 15:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "feel like puking afterwards even with a full stomach."

makes me want to throw up after i take them,YES i take with food too.

been taking these tablets for a few weeks now.
      i take them after a meal and always feel like puking up afterwards, feeling lasts for roughly an hr.
      gives me a butterfly type feeling in my stomach and makes my wee like really really yellow!
      Im not sure if it normal or what "/

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • Play UK / TV Channel / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 11:59

Advantages

• "Cool thriller"

Disadvantages

• "Some subtitles "

Sicario - A film on Play

Star – Emma Stone & Bencio del Torro
      Genre –Crime/Thriller
      Run Time – 120 minutes
      Certificate – 18
      Country – USA
      Oscars – 3 nominations
      Awards – 9 Wins & 97 Nominations
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The War on Drugs is an ugly business and America are playing as dirty as the drug traffickers these days, the subject mater of this exciting and taut Oscar nominated thriller. The headless bodies hanging from bridges in places like Suarez in Mexico are not gang members who have somehow wronged the cartels but innocent people taking off the street, decapitated and strung up to send a message to the people who is the boss and so let the cartels do their thing, the police often complicit. But America are hypocrites when it comes to raging the drug war as they are the market for the blizzard of cocaine and fog of marijuana blowing over the border and the Senators and Congressmen signing bills to clamp down on drugs are also snorting it with a prostitute or two on their laps. Why exactly do they want to ban cocaine if Americans enjoy it so much? I can understand how damaging crack and heroin is but cocaine is not really a drug that keeps you off work or routine. It’s a party drug and by making it illegal to sell, well, it’s no surprise you have the chaos in Mexcio as rival cartels from all the way up south and Central America bottleneck in the North of Mexcio as they head for the border and control of the flow, Suarez the epicenter of that cartel friction. Oh, the word ‘Sicario’ means assassin in Spanish.

===Cast===

• Emily Blunt as Kate Macer
      • Benicio del Toro as Alejandro Gillick
      • Josh Brolin as Matt Graver
      • Daniel Kaluuya as Reggie Wayne
      • Maximiliano Hernández as Silvio
      • Victor Garber as Dave Jennings
      • Jon Bernthal as Ted
      • Jeffrey Donovan as Steve Forsing
      • Raoul Trujillo as Rafael
      • Julio Cedillo as Fausto Alarcon
      • Hank Rogerson as Phil Coopers
      • Bernardo P. Saracino as Manuel Diaz

===Plot===

CIA man Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) and his special ops guys are putting together a multi agency team to transport a Mexican cartel boss to a prison in Phoenix from El Passo. The convoy could be attacked at anytime and so going in heavy handed. He has yet to get an FBI agent on board and decides to approach ambitious young field officer Kate Macer (Emily Blunt), currently on the narco squad on the US border regions, recommended by her boss Captain Dave Jennings (Victor Garber). After a couple of kills on a grim search and destroy operation near El Passo the previous day they think she could be ideal for the mission, one that you must volunteer for as its far from textbook and borderline legal. Also on that team is the mysterious and enigmatic Alejandro Gillick (Benicio del Toro), a man of few words and a big reputation.

Agreeing to do it, the operation begins within the next two days and immediately she is on the back foot and kept in the dark. They are not moving the prisoners internally from El Passo but externally, soon on a private plane to the outskirts of Suarez, Mexico, one of the world s most violent cities. She tools up and joins an entourage of Delta Force guys and US Marshalls and lawyers in black SUVs with heavily armed Mexican police, front and rear, as they sweep through Suarez and into the high security Mexican prison to extract the target legally, the brother of the elusive cartel boss Fausto Alarcon (Julio Cedillo). Graver informs the young FBI agent they won’t get hit on the way in but most likely at the border to America, hardly reassuring.

Just before they cross back to the US the traffic is jammed up and Gillick comes into his own, spotting the cartel ambush and the CIA guys deploying the ‘appropriate’ methods to make sure their cargo gets home. The idealistic FBI agent is not happy with the abandonment of the rule book on Mexican soil as the body count rises and makes her thoughts known at the New Mexico rendition facility where the target is being tortured. Graver makes it clear to her this team was put together to make a difference and get results and people on high have sanctioned that, and if the rule bending is not for her she can go back to her day job picking up the pieces, two of her fellow SWAT team killed on her last job because they are losing the drug war to this particular cartel. Gillick and Gravers team want to shake things up and get the cartel under control before American cities end up like Suarez. They have to find the elusive head drug lord and draw him out somehow to face justice.

===Quote===

Gillick: ‘To find him will be like discovering a vaccine for a deadly disease’

===Results===

I really enjoyed this and a great looking, sounding and pacey action thriller with lots of black SUVs, sunglass and macho swaggering attitude. Normally the American films in this genre are inferior to foreign films from Latin America on the Drug War but this one rocks. It has that stylish Breaking Bad look and feel and with little dialogue; facial expressions and that scenery take over for words. It also has the best traffic jam shootout since Heat. The somber and brooding Bencio del Toro, although type cast these days, delivers his best and most menacing performance for a while and Emma Stone good as the idealistic but nervous young thing clutching the rule book and constitution in her soon to be blood soaked fingers. Although the film only picked up technical Oscar nominations all the cast are fab and you can believe this is not far off how it really goes down in the drug war.

It’s tense from scene one and ramps up thereafter, plenty of tension inducing surveillance tech and imagery to fill in the pauses. It sags a bit in the middle as we have a token black character to slow the pace down but once Stone is established as the conscious of the film we get going again. The people certainly seemed to like it and its $30 million budget did a healthy $80 million back in the intelligent thriller genre. Again the trailer is pretty dumb and designed to bring in that blue-collar beer swigging audience but this is a smartly crafted thriller with classy direction from Dennis Villeneuve and lots of rounded characters. There are one or two ‘that wouldn’t happen’ moments, and all the Mexicans are rather two dimensional tattooed cholos, but for the sake of this movie working and moving forward that needs to happen. This wont disappoint.

One critic says Sicario plays more like a gothic horror movie and in a way I can see his point. It has a real dark energy to it with a foreboding soundtrack and tries to steer away from action cliché, in the way films like The Kingdom and Hurt Locker clearly didn’t. As I say it is up for three technical Oscars this year and hopefully more people will go see it because of and I’m sure a few lines at The Academy Awards will be snorted in tribute. Must see thriller guys!

===Ratings===
      Imdb.com – 7.7/10.0 (137,326votes)
      Rottentomatos.com – 83% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – % critic’s approval

===Trailer===
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884/
      ===Special Features===

===Critics===

Vue Weekley –‘Horror masquerading as action-thriller; a desert-Gothic descent into the nightmare-grotesquerie of Mexico's narco-war. Brutal and dismal in its Stygian twists, Sicario indicts the drug-war as a relentlessly macho, end-justifies-any-means battle.

The Mail-‘Intense, compelling and utterly nerve-shredding, Sicario is a cinematic gut-punch of a movie that leaves you reeling’.

Blog de Cine –‘Once again, Villeneuve leaves the moral judgement to the spectator with an open ending that will leave you guessing’.

El Pias –‘A great film in all genres: action, thriller, spy films, war movies and even political’.

El Mexicano –‘Manages to create a complex story without heroes and villains, just victims of the circumstances. It's that moral ambiguity that makes this film as depressing as smart.

The Sun –‘A story designed to crush your idealism and open your eyes; objectives resoundingly achieved’.

===========

Comments

• Acer Veriton N4620G / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 03:09

Advantages

• "Great for a everyday brower"

Disadvantages

• "Can not do much in the terms of performance"

Decent enough but not graphic intensive.

I ended up using this trackpad just as I do almost every other one, Apple or otherwise, by tapping rather than clicking. It still bewilders me that Apple turns off tap-to-click by default, forcing you to hunt around the preferences menu to find it. Here's a tip: besides the tapping feature under the trackpad preferences menu, you may want to go to the accessibility menu and look under Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad options to turn on tap-to-drag.

Four sensors under the pad allow you to "click" anywhere on the surface, and the Force Click effect, which combines the sensors with haptic (or taptic) feedback, allows you to have two levels of perceived clicking within an app or task. That deep click feels to the finger and brain like the trackpad has a stepped physical mechanism, but in fact, the movement you feel is a small horizontal shift, which, even when fully explained, still feels like you're depressing the trackpad two levels.

Apple describes it like this: "With the Force Touch trackpad, force sensors detect your click anywhere on the surface and move the trackpad laterally toward you, although the feel is the same familiar downward motion you're accustomed to in a trackpad."

With that second, deeper click, you can access several types of contextual information, for example, highlighting a word and getting a Wikipedia pop-up, or seeing a map when deep-clicking on an address. Jumping into the preview view of a document or file works with the deep click, too, just as it does now by pressing the space bar in OS X. The most advanced use is probably fast-forwarding through a video clip in QuickTime, faster or slower, depending on how hard you press down on the trackpad.

Comments

• Acer Veriton M2611G / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 03:06

Advantages

• "great for modern gaming"

Disadvantages

• "Slow in ping lag"

Love this gaming powerhouse!

Do you want a gaming powerhouse from the 90's. Well here it is!

Four sensors under the pad allow you to "click" anywhere on the surface, and the Force Click effect, which combines the sensors with haptic (or taptic) feedback, allows you to have two levels of perceived clicking within an app or task. That deep click feels to the finger and brain like the trackpad has a stepped physical mechanism, but in fact, the movement you feel is a small horizontal shift, which, even when fully explained, still feels like you're depressing the trackpad two levels.

Apple describes it like this: "With the Force Touch trackpad, force sensors detect your click anywhere on the surface and move the trackpad laterally toward you, although the feel is the same familiar downward motion you're accustomed to in a trackpad."

With that second, deeper click, you can access several types of contextual information, for example, highlighting a word and getting a Wikipedia pop-up, or seeing a map when deep-clicking on an address. Jumping into the preview view of a document or file works with the deep click, too, just as it does now by pressing the space bar in OS X. The most advanced use is probably fast-forwarding through a video clip in QuickTime, faster or slower, depending on how hard you press down on the trackpad.

I ended up using this trackpad just as I do almost every other one, Apple or otherwise, by tapping rather than clicking. It still bewilders me that Apple turns off tap-to-click by default, forcing you to hunt around the preferences menu to find it. Here's a tip: besides the tapping feature under the trackpad preferences menu, you may want to go to the accessibility menu and look under Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad options to turn on tap-to-drag.

Comments

• Raspberry Pi Model B / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 03:05

Advantages

• "Learn to build a computer without dishing the cash out"
      • "Good for the kids"
      • "Great compact computer ship"

Disadvantages

• "Under speced"

Love this chip set, affordable and you can learn to build a computer.

I love, love, love this little computer. You can been give this as a gift.

Comments

• Asus All-in-One PC ET2411IUKI / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 03:02

Advantages

• "Fast processor"

Disadvantages

• "Pixel lag"

Crazy performance but grey in the pixel area.

Surprised how great it is. Four sensors under the pad allow you to "click" anywhere on the surface, and the Force Click effect, which combines the sensors with haptic (or taptic) feedback, allows you to have two levels of perceived clicking within an app or task. That deep click feels to the finger and brain like the trackpad has a stepped physical mechanism, but in fact, the movement you feel is a small horizontal shift, which, even when fully explained, still feels like you're depressing the trackpad two levels.

Comments

• Zotac ZBOX Nano ID63-Plus / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 03:00

Advantages

• "Great design yet again"

Disadvantages

• "Low specs"

Not as good as the last model.

Not the greatest for Battery life, which was a sad point on this little compact computer, from the last model. Because I really liked it's brother model but mainly because of the specs within it.

If your need for longer battery life, more powerful performance, or more ports doesn't automatically preclude you, then the in-person experience of using the new MacBook will far outshine the on-paper shortcomings. For writing, Web surfing, video viewing and social media, it's a pleasure to use, and makes the still-slim 13-inch MacBook Air feel a bit like a lumbering dinosaur, to say nothing of other ultrabook-style laptops. It's a perfect coffee shop companion.

Some of the critical reactions to this laptop remind me of another new Apple design introduction I covered seven years ago, the original MacBook Air . That system was also criticized for dropping ports and connections, such as an Ethernet and VGA, that people were convinced they still needed. And, much like the new MacBook, it included just a single USB port.

Back in 2008, I was correct that the Air's new, stripped-down design had real legs, and would set the standard for years to come. But also true was that future refinements down the road would turn the MacBook Air from a speciality product into a mainstream one. When the next 12-inch MacBook update arrives, I suspect it will at the very least add a second USB-C port, and that's when it will become much easier to recommend to a broader audience.

APPLE MACBOOK (12-INCH, 2015)

Comments

• Zotac ZBOX Nano ID64-Plus / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:57

Advantages

• "up to date hardware"
      • Powerful
      • "Compact design"

Disadvantages

• "No monitor"

Small, light and pleasant!

When I looked at this computer I was puzzled, I mean how do you get a i5 intel chip into there?! But I was suprised that compared to the Macbook 2016,
      Beyond that, the limitations of having a single USB-C port for all your connection needs (with the exception of a standard audio jack that also made the cut) is even more of a challenge, unless you're prepared to arm yourself with a pocketful of dongles and adaptors.

Other changes are easier to adapt to. We've previously gone into some detail about the new click-free pad, which Apple calls the Force Touch trackpad, which is also available in the updated MacBook Pro. It's a clever bit of space-saving engineering that replaces the old trackpad, with a hinged design for physically clicking down, with a flat glass surface augmented by a force feedback engine. The keyboard is an even more radical change, swapping out the long-standing Mac standard of deep island-style keys for a set of much shallower keys, but with larger actual key faces.

Using the new MacBook means accepting its limitations, some of which are deliberately self-imposed. That's especially noticeable when you look at another new laptop, the Samsung Ativ Book 9. It weighs the same as the MacBook, has a similar 12-inch high-res screen, and an Intel Core M processor, but manages to fit in two full-size USB ports and a micro-HDMI output (although it also has a proprietary power connection and lacks USB-C, which is set to become the new standard).

Comments

• Asus All-in-One PC ET2300INTI / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:54

Advantages

• "Not Tower needed"

Disadvantages

• "New battery life is not so great"

No Tower needed!

Do you hate haveing to lug a tower around, well with this computer you don't have to anymore!

Looking only at a spec sheet, it's easy to see why this new MacBook might be a tough sell. The MacBook uses Intel's new Core M processor, designed for slim, light laptops, hybrids and tablets with premium prices. It's efficient enough that full laptops can even run fanless, allowing for quiet, cool operation. But, the Core M has disappointed in the handful of Windows systems in which we've already tested it , turning in sluggish performance and mediocre battery life, the latter an unforgivable flaw for computers designed to be as light and portable as possible.

To spare you the suspense, I can say that the new MacBook performs much better than any other Core M system we've tested to date, hitting 11 hours in our video playback test. That's not nearly as much as you'd get from a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro -- and it puts this system at a disadvantage compared to the longest-lasting laptops -- but battery life is definitely not the deal-breaker it could have been.

Heavy online use will drain the battery even more quickly, and I found myself frequently glancing up at the upper right corner of the screen to see the battery life percentage tick down as I worked. I've found it can last for a full work day of moderate usage, but unlike a current-gen MacBook Pro or Air, it'll be hard to go a few days without plugging it in at all.

Comments

• Gigabyte BRIX GB-XM1-3537 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:53

Advantages

• "Great for editing videos"

Disadvantages

• "overheat too soon"

Loving the compact design.

I really liked this compact Gigabyte computer.
      By way of comparison, the 13-inch this computer starts at $999, but a similar 8GB/256GB configuration will cost the same $1,299. The 13-inch Gig Pro starts at the same $1,299 as this new Gig, but with only half the storage. Upgrading that Pro model to the same 8GB/256GB will cost $1,499. And on the Windows side, a Samsung Ativ Book 9 with the same 8GB RAM/256GB flash drive and the same processor -- will cost you $1,399 (all prices in US dollars). So, in the context of its main rivals, the Gig is actually priced rather competitively.
      The 12-inch Gig is a system that ditches the Air and Pro monikers and returns to a simpler designation not seen since the classic black and white polycarbonate Gig of the mid-2000s (the ones you still occasionally see in coffee shops despite being their being discontinued in 2011).

Starting at $1,299, it includes a high-resolution Retina screen (much sharper than that on the Air), 8GB of RAM and 256GB of solid state storage. Unlike other laptops with removable drives or RAM, everything here is (permanently) packed into a tiny custom motherboard that leaves maximum room for a large battery. A second version, priced at $1,599, adds a 512GB hard drive and a tiny processor speed bump. In the UK and Australia, the prices start at £1,049 and AU$1,799 for the base model and hit £1,299 and AU$2,199 for the upgrade. More expensive build-to-order models are available, too. (The Gig can be ordered online at 12:00 a.m. PT tonight, the same time as the Apple Watch , and should be available in store -- presumably in limited quantities -- on Friday, April 10.)

Comments

• Shuttle XPC SH67H7 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:50

Advantages

• "Au Deiu design"

Disadvantages

• "Falls short on performace"

Crazy Design but has poor Battery Life.

The 12-inch MacBook is a system that ditches the Air and Pro monikers and returns to a simpler designation not seen since the classic black and white polycarbonate MacBooks of the mid-2000s (the ones you still occasionally see in coffee shops despite being their being discontinued in 2011).

Starting at $1,299, it includes a high-resolution Retina screen (much sharper than that on the Air), 8GB of RAM and 256GB of solid state storage. Unlike other laptops with removable drives or RAM, everything here is (permanently) packed into a tiny custom motherboard that leaves maximum room for a large battery. A second version, priced at $1,599, adds a 512GB hard drive and a tiny processor speed bump. In the UK and Australia, the prices start at £1,049 and AU$1,799 for the base model and hit £1,299 and AU$2,199 for the upgrade. More expensive build-to-order models are available, too. (The MacBook can be ordered online at 12:00 a.m. PT tonight, the same time as the Apple Watch , and should be available in store -- presumably in limited quantities -- on Friday, April 10.)

By way of comparison, the 13-inch MacBook Air starts at $999, but a similar 8GB/256GB configuration will cost the same $1,299. The 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at the same $1,299 as this new MacBook, but with only half the storage. Upgrading that Pro model to the same 8GB/256GB will cost $1,499. And on the Windows side, a Samsung Ativ Book 9 with the same 8GB RAM/256GB flash drive and the same processor -- will cost you $1,399 (all prices in US dollars). So, in the context of its main rivals, the MacBook is actually priced rather competitively.

Comments

• Asus Essentio CM6330-DE009S / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Comparable to the Macbook Air

When I got home and I found out that the man deliveried it, The 12-inch MacBook is a system that ditches the Air and Pro monikers and returns to a simpler designation not seen since the classic black and white polycarbonate MacBooks of the mid-2000s (the ones you still occasionally see in coffee shops despite being their being discontinued in 2011).

Starting at $1,299, it includes a high-resolution Retina screen (much sharper than that on the Air), 8GB of RAM and 256GB of solid state storage. Unlike other laptops with removable drives or RAM, everything here is (permanently) packed into a tiny custom motherboard that leaves maximum room for a large battery. A second version, priced at $1,599, adds a 512GB hard drive and a tiny processor speed bump. In the UK and Australia, the prices start at £1,049 and AU$1,799 for the base model and hit £1,299 and AU$2,199 for the upgrade. More expensive build-to-order models are available, too. (The MacBook can be ordered online at 12:00 a.m. PT tonight, the same time as the Apple Watch , and should be available in store -- presumably in limited quantities -- on Friday, April 10.)

By way of comparison, the 13-inch MacBook Air starts at $999, but a similar 8GB/256GB configuration will cost the same $1,299. The 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at the same $1,299 as this new MacBook, but with only half the storage. Upgrading that Pro model to the same 8GB/256GB will cost $1,499. And on the Windows side, a Samsung Ativ Book 9 with the same 8GB RAM/256GB flash drive and the same processor -- will cost you $1,399 (all prices in US dollars). So, in the context of its main rivals, the MacBook is actually priced rather competitively.

Comments

• Samsung Series 7 700A7D / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:44

Advantages

• "Quality is great"

Disadvantages

• "Bad case concealer"

Amazing build quality.

This version of the A7D, one of the standout products at the 2015 International CES, costs less and runs for much longer on a single battery charge when compared which the premium configuration we originally tested. That makes it sound like a clear-cut winner, but there are a few important caveats.
      While the outer surface is matte aluminum, the inside is basic black, with a subtle dark pattern over the wrist rest and black keys set into a black keyboard tray. The keys are backlit, which is a welcome bonus in a system this thin and small. While on the shallow side, the island-style keys are responsive and well-spaced for touch typing. Media functions on the F-key row are reversed, which means you can adjust the volume and screen brightness without having to hold down the Fn key.

The large clickpad-style touchpad is similar to what we've seen on recent high-end Dell systems. It works fine for basic navigating and tapping or clicking, but I also find the all-important two-finger scroll to be not as smooth as I'd like (or as smooth as one would expect from a MacBook). It felt notably smoother using Microsoft's IE11 Web browser than in Google's Chrome. Navigating up and down long Web pages often sent me to the touchscreen on the first, higher-end XPS 13 we reviewed, but in this less expensive, non-touch configuration, you're out of luck.

The 13.3-inch display has a nearly borderless edge-to-edge design, available in two versions, a 3,200x1,800-pixel touch panel and a 1,920x1,080-pixel non-touch version. We've now had a chance to test and use both versions, and which one you choose makes a fairly significant difference to the overall experience.

The higher-resolution screen has a glossy glass overlay that provides touch control and also serves to create a single-layer smooth surface over the entire top panel of the laptop. The 1080p version has a matte finish and lacks that glass overlay. That means the bezel is slightly raised above the screen itself, and you don't have a single, level surface, but instead a screen that is slightly inset. Build quality and engineering, plus amazing battery life, for a great price.

Comments

• Asus All-in-One PC ET2012EGTS / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:42

Advantages

• "Brushed metal finish"
      • "Stutters in great fashion"

Disadvantages

• "Plastic feel to the back."

Ubiquity of Design

This version of the Dell XPS 13, one of the standout products at the 2015 International CES, costs less and runs for much longer on a single battery charge when compared which the premium configuration we originally tested. That makes it sound like a clear-cut winner, but there are a few important caveats.

The display has a lower resolution, and it loses its touch capabilities, which can come in handy when trying to navigate Windows 8. The edge-to-edge display, which helps maintain the illusion of a bezelless design is missing here, and the inset panel doesn't look as clean and seamlessly designed as the more expensive version.

Still, aesthetic and touch considerations aside, this version of the XPS 13 offers great build quality and engineering, plus amazing battery life, for a great price.
      At present, Dell has agreed to take the machine back for a full refund, BUT, it has been sitting on the desk all packed up for two weeks now. We get three calls a week from Dell asking if it has been picked up. The calls seem to be from India and they seem to have no clue as to what is going on with laptop logistics. This experience would stop me from doing business with Dell again. NOT worth it. First thing I look at before I buy a laptop are shift keys. If the keys are half size no deal. I'm surprised DELL and other manufacturers still come out with small shift keys in their laptops. I was at Best Buy yesterday and saw several 15" laptops with small shift keys. Just plain stupid design as there's lots of room to have a normal sized keys.

Comments

• HP Workstation Xw4600 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      10.02.2016 02:40

Advantages

• "One of the best workstations out there!"

Disadvantages

• "No gaming compadability"
      • "Poor specs"

Great work station, best out there!

Battery life got a big boost in this lower-end version of the XPS 13. The 3,200x1,800-pixel screen version ran for 7 hours and 2 minutes in our video playback battery drain test, which was nearly the same score as the Surface Pro 3, but this 1,920x1,080-pixel version, without a touchscreen, ran for 12 hours and 6 minutes, which is a very impressive score. It's hard to believe that a simple change of screen panel could have such a huge impact, so perhaps there's some further optimization going on under the hood. In any event, this is as close to an all-day, travel-ready laptop as you're going to find without switching to an OS X system.

This version of the Dell XPS 13, one of the standout products at the 2015 International CES, costs less and runs for much longer on a single battery charge when compared which the premium configuration we originally tested. That makes it sound like a clear-cut winner, but there are a few important caveats.

The display has a lower resolution, and it loses its touch capabilities, which can come in handy when trying to navigate Windows 8. The edge-to-edge display, which helps maintain the illusion of a bezelless design is missing here, and the inset panel doesn't look as clean and seamlessly designed as the more expensive version.

Still, aesthetic and touch considerations aside, this version of the XPS 13 offers great build quality and engineering, plus amazing battery life, for a great price. Say gooby to the cable guy.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 67786
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38175

* Prices may differ from that shown