• Tefal Actifry Deep Fryer / Deep Fryer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.07.2014 08:29

Advantages

• "healthy food"

Disadvantages

• "A bit noisy "

Revolutionary cooking

The Tefal Actifry is a revolutionary way to cook food. We first bought the Actifry on a recommendation from a friend who had bought one. They had explained to us how good the machine was and how easy it was to use, so we did the usual and searched online for one. We bought ours for £80, a little expensive yes, but oh my god it is worth it. It is cheaper now.

Lets make one thing clear, this machine makes a deep fat fryer obsolete! This fryer cooks your food with just a drop of oil, making it so much healthier than deep frying it and the results are quite honestly outstanding.

We have always enjoyed home made chips but never used to have them much because of how bad they they are for you. This machine changes all of that. There are so many foods you can cook with this machine to list just a few:

Chips
      vegetables
      noodles
      sausages
      a whole host of meats
      desserts
      fish

You can even cook frozen chips with this machine which does an even better job than the oven does! This is an all around excellent machine.

Not only does the Actifry cook your food to perfection, it does not leave your food greasy which traditional frying does which is healthier and tastes so much better! The product has a steam free lid, which allows you to look in on your food whilst it is cooking too!

The only downside to this product is that it is a little noisy. This is only because it works in a way like no other, it "tumbles" your food, it works on a rotary belt which turns the food as it is cooking, so you have no need to stop and turn it over like you do in an oven which makes life even easier. If you ask me the noise is perfectly acceptable considering the machine is doing a fantastic job of cooking a whole host of foods in a way like no other.

The device is very easy to clean which is a plus side for everyone, unlike deep fat fryers which have a couple of pints of hot oil, this only uses a spoonful, so you do not need to wait forever for it to cool down, simply wipe it down after usage and your good to go on your next product. Please note, i would not advise using strong cleaning products on this! A friend of mine tried it and it ruined her machine! Worth taking note of that, you do not want to spend money on buying one if it is going to get ruined during cleaning!

All in all i think this is an essential piece of kit for any household. My tip is to use olive oil instead of sunflower oil. It is better for you and I find that it makes your food taste a whole lot better too.

24.07.2014 06:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

Makes running a lot easier

So I bought these because I wanted to really get into a proper fitness regime. I used to go for jogs but I never really had the appropriate footwear, which made me feel like I was not getting the best out of my workouts.

These are the first pair of running shoes that I have purchased so I cannot really compare them to anything else to say whether they are better or worse then my previous experiences. But what I can say is that they have really improved my workouts. I do not know if this will make sense but I feel that they make running feel a lot lighter. These trainers feel like they take the strain of my feet and make it a lot easier to go for a run. You do not get as tired and your feet/legs do not ache. This is great as it means that I do not feel demotivated to go for a run. They make me actually want to go for a run because it does not hurt as much! Also, the trainers have a mesh type material around them that have tiny air pockets to air out your feet. This means that your feet do not feel as sweaty and gross as they would without them. It feels nice because when you are running the cool air surrounds your feet making it less damp! It sounds strange but it feels nice!

I can not remember the exact price of these shoes but it was not too bad considering how good these shoes are!

24.07.2014 05:47

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good watch

I got this as a birthday present a couple of years back. At the time it was all the rage and I quite liked the design but never really wore it, I don't know why but I just did not!

The one I received was in dark purple because that is my favourite colour. I like the fact that this range of watches have such a variety of bright colours available that not many other brands offer. The colours that I have seen are green, orange, blue, yellow, red, black, white and that is all I can think of right now. I like this because it means there is something for everyone. You can have this watch in black and it would give you a completely different look to if you were to have it in red.

I know that these watches are quite expensive but I do not know the exact price of them. I like that the dials on these watches are clearly visible and the numbers are big enough for you to be able to tell the time. It may just look like a fashion accessory but it really does do its job in telling the time, unlike many other expensive watches.

The only downside to this watch for me was that they are quite bulky. What I mean by that is that you can really feel them on your wrist as they are quite heavy, not so heavy that they weigh you down but heavy enough to feel them there.

24.07.2014 05:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

Refreshing

I was really intrigued by this hand gel due to the fact that it was absinthe flavoured. It really interested me because it was not something that I would typically expect from a hand gel. I assumed that this gel was a hand wash type of thing but upon closer examination I understood that it was more of a hand sanitizer, which makes having the absinthe smell going on far more understandable.

The price of the bottle is actually £3.00 instead of £2.50 like this post suggests. The bottle is quite small but for such a good quality product I do not mind paying that price. Also, with The Body Shop they are such a trustworthy brand with great products that never fail to impress.

The size of the bottle makes it handy for transportation. You can easily place it in your bag without it taking up much space at all. This makes it very convenient as you never know when you will need to use it.

The smell of the hand gel is actually quite refreshing, it is strong but not so much that it will give you a headache. I, personally, really like it. Also, unlike some other sanitizer's this hand gel does not feel sticky. It makes your hands feel clean and fresh, rather than sticky and gross and worse than they were before! Also, I sometimes find that certain hand sanitizer's dry my hands out but this one does not, which is great because I do not have to carry a mini hand lotion.

A good product, would definitely recommend.

23.07.2014 23:41

• Friendly
      • "Great advice"
      • "Excellent service"

Disadvantages

Don't hesitate, use L&CM!! Mortgage Ref: M1679060

London & Country Mortgages is a great company!!

They have provided a service that none of the banks I contacted were able to do. They gave me advice and support but most importantly, they found me a mortgage that matches my special circumstances due to my job. Jack Childs & Jack Heard worked ever so well as a team and kept me informed of all the stages of the mortgage. I can honestly recommend this great company. Do not bother asking your bank to find you a mortgage, go directly to L&CM. In the next two years, I will be remortgaging and I will ask both Jacks to deal with it.

• Kwik Fit / Transport / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      23.07.2014 22:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

unhappy

I took my car into Inverkeithing Kwik-Fit for a full set of tyres and tracking never took any notice of invoice until a mth later as had family problems my father was very ill in hospital and 3 wks later passed away I come across the invoice and looked they put my miles for my car down as 87000 my car at the time only done 40000 now 44000 I am shocked that this has happened I have written to head office no reply 2 wks later no reply email the 6 days ago saying they are looking into it and still not heard anything no reply back to email lastnight seeing what's taking so long. It may not be alot but if I sell my car I can be done for clocking it... From the last set of tyres I have done over 60000 miles car is only 4 years old and a motor mobility car so isn't the best customer service won't be useing them again only used them as needed new tyres and couldn't look around

23.07.2014 22:10

Advantages

• "Works well"

Disadvantages

Really works to train you cat to leave certain places alone

I purchased a bottle of Get Off when my now husband and I moved in together. He has a cat and the cat took an immediate like to scratching one part of my sofa and to chewing a particular pot plant I own.

I saw this Get Off product in my local garden centre, it was around £3.50 but I think that it is available online at a cheaper price. Get Off is green crystals that have an odour that cats don't like yo go near. I put some get off in the soil of my pot plant and under the area of my sofa that the cat kept being drawn to. I would say that Get Off does have a smell to it but it is not overpowering nor is it bad. It is a strange smell that is difficult to describe but it's not unpleasant to humans.

Get Off worked really well for us. It mean that our cat stop chewing the plant andd scratching the sofa and so mission accomplished! It ddid not have any negative effects of my pot plant. It does say not to put these crystals on fabric andd this is why we rubbed some on the underside of our sofa as I guess it could cause discolouration.

The crystals gradually disappear within a few weeks. Our cat very quickly learnt to stop going to those particular areas we applied the Get Off crystals and as a result she has learnt andd we no longer need to us it.

I think that cats are also put off areas if you put orange peel out. I guess this would work if it is an outside area but as we wanted to use it in our house this was the perfect solution.

• ebay.com / Auction / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.07.2014 21:51

Advantages

• "Everything is available "

Disadvantages

• "Can be a gamble "

You can buy anything!

I have used eBay for many years now. eBay has grown to be huge and is really popular worldwide.

eBay is a site that anyone can put an item for sale on and then anyone can buy from it. It is gerneralky a np auction site where you place a bitpd on an item above the reserve, as the bids go up, the highest bidder at the close of the auction for that item wins and pays for the item. Nthe seller then sends the item to the bid winner. It is not all auction style though as more and more people set up eBay shops and have 'buy it now' items.

eBay has made PayPal a major payment method. It is generally the method you will need to pay by when buying from eBay.

I have bought so many items from eBay I could not keep track. I live on the Isle of Wight and as such there are not too many shops. eBay has made it possible god me to purchase unusual items that' are not available in my local area.

The bidding method on eBay can become a little addictive so beware. The moment you get outbid you may feel the urge to bid more and more because it starts feeling like a game you want to win, but remember it is money you are paying in the end so try not to get too caught up in the 'winning' element of it all.

Most items I have brought off of eBay have been great. A couple of items have not been as I was expecting. It is a good idea to check out the sellers feedback before bidding or buying. If you do have problems though the eBay resolution centre is really good at sorting our problems.

• Easyprint.co.uk / Online Shopping Misc / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      23.07.2014 21:39

Advantages

• "good range of products"
      • "good quality"
      • "value for money"
      • fast
      • easy

Disadvantages

• none

Highly recommended - good all-round service and high quality products.

I ordered some business cards from Easy Print and I have been very impressed with the quality of the product and the speed with which they were produced. I have previously used other online ordering systems and Easy Print has been the easiest software to use, allowing for quick uploads and the ability to add own images/text etc. There isn't the option to add 'shapes' as there is in other software but this isn't a major problem - overall the software is simple, clean and quick to use. It also allows a quick change of product, size, quantity, or cardstock etc.

The delivery was very fast - within a couple of days - and although the box was a bit bashed on arrival I put this down to it travelling to UK from Germany and the business cards weren't damaged in any way.

The weight of the standard cardstock used for business cards is much higher than that of their competitors and the gloss finish is also a nice touch which others charge extra for, but which makes the cards look and feel more professional. The print quality is vibrant and clean, and there was no problem with things being cut off as the software makes it very clear where the bleed lines are.

I was directed to Easy Print from their sister company Print24, which means I have registered for both sites and end up with duplicate emails, but this isn't too much of a problem. I find both very good value for money when doing medium-large runs - perhaps for smaller quantities the prices may appear steep but it does not increse much from 250-500 business cards, for example. I was also very impressed with the ease of ordering without VAT (ordered for charity work), which is something the competitors don't tell you is even possible.

• Panasonic SC-HC28 / Hifi System / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      23.07.2014 21:34

Advantages

• "Good treble "
      • "Sounds good"
      • "Works well"

Disadvantages

• "Sound isn't as clear"

Good Hifi dock but not sounding special

I just set up my HC28 and tested with a CD and my iPhone 5 and everything functions properly. I have been looking for a iPod dock for my room for a while as I only have my Sony CFD-E90 boombox that I have been using for awhile. Went Black Friday shopping looking for a back-up CD player just in case my boombox breaks down one day (not happening any time soon, my Boombox is one of the most sturdy gadgets I've ever purchased) and manufacturers would no longer make CD players in the future. Initially looking for a Sony compact system, I came across this Panasonic one and decided to go with it after doing some research. Cnet gave it a pretty decent review in the beginning of this year for its price, value, and pure sound. So below are somethings I found out after playing with it for half an hour; hopefully it would answer some questions for potential buyers as I asked the same questions while shopping:

Slick design, although a lot of reviewers say that this system is small, I have to say that it is not as thin as I expected.

Sliding door opens for CD placement.

The iPod dock is for iPod Touch 5, iPhone 5, iPod Nano 7basically it has the lightning pin.

Earlier generation iPod product users would need to use a separate USB cable to connect. The system have a USB slot at the top to connect. The slot is also used to connect iPads.

The sound seems a bit "muffed" compare to the boombox I have been using. It doesn't sound as "pure". However, it is not too bad. The sound would be the only thing I am a bit disappointed about, everything else is great (so far).

• Roland KC-350 / Amplifier / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.07.2014 21:27

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fantastic amp for clean volume

Sound: I run a vocal mic, a guitar multipedal, and a bass multipedal through it. I can turn it up all the way to compete with a drummer at practice, and it does fine. My vocals are very dry since i'm not running any effects, and my guitar/bass tones come out just as pure as listening to the multieffects on headphones, even at full volume.
      Feature: Its just a bunch of volume knobs and a very nice speaker. I never mess with the other additions like the subwoofer out, or the 'shape' thing. It's nice that they are there, but really this thing is about getting a clear pure sound turned all the way up. If you want to tailor the sound later do that on your mixing board or DAW or whatever.
      Ease of Use: turn on. turn up. Very simple.
      Quality: one of my knob covers fell off but you can still twist the little thingy for your volume. Other than that... it has been out in the rain at a wedding, lived in a musty basement, dragged over the UK, used at all sorts of pickup sessions, and no problems whatsoever. Value: you get what you pay for. These are pricey for the wattage they boast, but I would rather have full on volume at level 10 being clear and piercing in a room than have 300 watts that is all muddy when you turn it past 5.
      The Wow Factor: well i bought one. Seemed to me that with the new world of guitar cab simulators, and the need to sing also during practice, i wanted something that can do both. You can't plug anything but a guitar into a dedicated guitar amp. You can plug anything into this. I work with effect emulators, this thing is just here to make them loud. It outblasts my 200w bass amp when I play a good setup on my bass effect into this. It sounds cleaner than my crap halfstack when I use guitar emulators through it. Plus I can sing through it simultaneously and the signals don't cut each other off.
      Overall, I needed it because I needed some nice clear volume. It has not failed. I don't think I will ever get another guitar amp, since a nice flat eq'd full range keyboard amp does wonders for amp simulators, sounds so much more piercing and clear at high volume. I don't even play keyboard at all I just love the clarity at high volume this amp gives. I don't think of it as a 'keyboard amp' I think of it as a loud knob that turns what I hear in headphones while programming effect patches into something loud enough for practice without being muddied.

23.07.2014 21:23

Advantages

• "Quick and Easy To Apply"
      • "Very Bold"

Disadvantages

• "Hard To Remove"

GoldenEye!

I recently bought some of this Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr eye shadow because I liked the shade on offer. I bought the shade 24K Gold which basically looks like molten gold metal and it's super shimmery and loud. There are many different shades in the range although all of them produce a vibrant look. The product comes in a heavy glass mini jar with a screw off plastic lid. Although there is no information printed on the pot to tell me how much product is inside I can testify that you get quite a lot of eye shadow, although the distorting jam jar bottom of the pot makes it look like a lot more than it really is! This is a gel cream eye shadow so it has a slippery, slightly waxy consistency. I use my finger to apply this. One quick swipe across the eyelid can be enough though and this creates a dramatic, eye-catching look. You don't really need to be precise about it. If you want to deepen the colour then you can simply dab at an area. This is certainly the boldest eye shadow I've ever worn. This particular shade is almost futuristic it's so wild! It really helps to frame the face and create a unique look for the eyes. Once the product is on the eyes it feels like it dries in place so it doesn't fade away, crease into the fold of the eye or wipe off. It remains as bold a colour and effect at the end of a night as it was upon application. The eye shadow can be a little tricky to remove as it leaves tiny particles wedged deep into the skin which need a lot of attention to rub away. The same goes for your fingertip when applying. Even after washing my hands multiple times I still look like Goldfinger! However, this quality of steadfastness means the eye shadow is really long lasting. It's guaranteed to last for 24 hours but I haven't needed to wear the product as long as that! This eye shadow is dermatologically tested and is safe for contact lens wearers. It cost me GBP4.99 which is a little pricey for one eye shadow but I think it was worth it. Ultimately the product makes eye make-up an easy task, brings me high fashion and stays in place until I say so. I would recommend to make-up loving gals and anyone looking for a faster way to perfect eye make-up.

23.07.2014 21:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

Protects and adds shine

I have quite dry hair and it is important that I use a heat protection spray when straightening my hair to give me that shine and remove any frizziness.

I purchased this after it was on sale for a very good price in Home Bargains. I think I got it for like a pound, which was a fantastic bargain. But because of this I was not expecting too much from the spray, however regardless of the price it did a great job.

I have read that a lot of people feel that this product makes their hair sticky. I personally think it does not do that but that may be because I do not apply a lot to my hair. But I can easily understand that it would make your hair sticky if you were to apply too much. Also, there is a reasonable amount in the bottle. I do not straighten my hair that often but when I do, I do not use a lot of it, only a few spritz, so this product does last a long time.

This product definitely adds shine to my hair, which is a bonus as sometimes my hair can look a bit lifeless. Also when I apply it to my hair I feel that it makes it easier to straighten my hair, it makes the whole process a little bit smoother and actually quicker, which I love because my hair is quite long and thick and it can take a very long time to straighten sometimes.

23.07.2014 20:59

Advantages

• "Tasty and cheap"

Disadvantages

• "Ugly packaging"

Cheap and tasty

My husband and I have started making a real effort to reduce the price of our weekly shop. As a result we have started swapping brand products for Tesco value ranges. I love my local Tesco's they seem to have value everything available.

I normally have a packet of crisps at work each day (not very healthy I know). I was having brand named ready salted crisps each day but then my husband purchased these Tesco value ready salted crisps. I had never picked these up before because I was really put off buy the packaging. The packaging is now white with red writing and very plane bad basic looking. The packets themselves are smaller than normal crisp packets but I guess maybe this is a good thing as I now eat less crisps! Each pack is about 100 calories and I do t think that's too bad. A multipack of Tesco value ready salted crisps costs around 60 or 70p and so they safe an absolute bargain.

These crisps taste great. They are really nice and crunchy with just the right amount of salt in for me. The only downside is how the paackaging looks. These crisps look really cheap and I was actually embarrassed to get them out in front of people whilst at work. If only Tesco's could make these look a little bit better.

I recommend anyone that is money conscious to give these crisps a go. They taste just as good as premium crisps at less than half the price. They just look cheap and cheerful and don't give a great impression with the packaging.

23.07.2014 20:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Does the job

My family have been using BRITA filter jugs for years and years. This is our second jug from BRITA. The reason we decided to get a new one was purely because we had had the other one for so long! We have been using this one for a while now without any serious problems occurring.

The jug we have is in the colour red, I do not know why we got red because nothing in our kitchen is red! But to be honest it is a nice addition and adds some colour to the room. The jug itself is very easy to assemble, you can put it together without referring to the instructions manual.

The way these jugs actually filter your water is by having separate individual filters to do the job. You have to purchase these separately which does add to the cost as they are quite expensive, but you are only using one filter a month so it is not too bad. But when you first buy the jug you do get some filters with it, which is a bonus.

There is a timer thing on the lid of the jug that reminds you on when you need to change the filter, which is useful as you can easily forgot when the last time was when you did. Unfortunately the timer on our jug broke, which was very disappointing because our first BRITA filter jug did not deteriorate in any way, it lived on through to the end!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown