• Lavazza Crema & Gusto Gusto Ricco / Coffee / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 23:31

Advantages

Disadvantages

Coffee with guts!!

Wow, coffee heaven in a pre pack! Never in a million years thought I would find a great tasting coffee with guts such as this blend!.

What hooked me in was the picture, yes, the branding and marketing worked! The sign of a good quality coffee is always the crema the coffee produces, providing you are making this from freshly ground beans its sometimes difficult to achieve that at home because the pre-packed version can sometimes remove that element but not Lavazza.

This is a very rich, but not bitter blend, of ARABICA BEANS AND ROBUSTA.
      Robust is a coffee plant that is known as the weed of the bunch, not drug weed, but the kind of back garden weeds that ruin your gorgeous flowers. This Robusta grown well by experts can produce the most intense flavour and has a higher quantity of caffeine in.
      Arabica is the perfect coffee bush and where most of our ground coffee comes from.
      This is blended perfectly and balance very well. It is rich and strong without tasting bitter or burnt.
      I highly recommend using this only in espresso machines or pots, it says it is good for any machine but I find the quality doesn't come out well and the taste is watered down.
      The crema is excellent and sits on top of the black coffee for a long period of time. This effect should last the two weeks it contains its freshness. It's also best to store this in an airtight container and in the fridge.
      This is perfect coffee for the morning or evening with mints. Enjoy!

• Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker Set / PC Speaker / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 23:21

Advantages

• "Great sound at higher volumes"
      • "Easy to assemble"
      • "Nice looking speaker set"

Disadvantages

Nice looking speaker set, easy to set up and great sound quality at higher volumes!

When I bought my new laptop the high resolution screen was great and I loved to watch movies on it. However the sound was not great, it was really quiet at times and loud at others. I found myself constantly missing what was said, having to rewind the movie slightly and listen really closely to what had been said. This was really frustrating and spoilt the viewing experience. As a massive film fan a good speaker system to fit my computer was essential. I looked around and found this one. Logitec has a well recognised name, especially when i comes to computer equipment and was really reasonably priced so I went for the Logitec S220 2.1 speaker set.

I was not dissapointed. If you like base then the subwoofer id great and it can easily be turned off if you want to watch it without disturbing other people in the evenings. The sound quality is good and the sound quality is crisp and clear at high volumes with very little distortion of sound. It comes with a well set out manual which is easy to read and follow. The manual comes in most languages and has clear diagrams for set up.

The system looks great on my desk, has a good length power lead which easily finds it way to a convenient plug and it is really easy to set up an get going. It took no more than 10 minutes to unpack, unrap and get connected to my computer and start blasting out beats. I fully recommend this product.

25.01.2015 23:09

Advantages

• "Looks great"
      • Portable

Disadvantages

• "Only one bluetooth device can be connected at any one time which is a bit of a faff."

Smart looking, portable speaker! Great sound quality, reliable and solid!

I bought this speaker for my new house. I din't have much money and it was considerably cheaper than a Hi-Fi system. It cost me around £60 to buy. I always like to buy reputable brands and I have always found Sony products really well made, solid and reliable. The product came in a small box and had a small remote control which was thin, almost like a credit card and a power lead. It also came with a clear, well written and easy to follow manual which was published in several different languages.

The sound quality is excellent and the sound is still crisp and clear at higher volumes with very little distortion. It has a handle and can be easily carried around the house to whatever room you fancy. If your having a bath or shower or out in the garden the speaker system can come too to keep you entertained. I would recommend using it on its battery function for the bathroom/shower for obvious safety reasons.

The speaker connects to your PC/iphone ot ipad etc via bluetooth and then plays your songs this way. There is a good range on the bluetooth reciever but annoyingly it can only be connected to one device at any given time. So if you play some sings off your phone and then ask your wife to play some songs off hers you have to disconnect your phone/device first before it will allow hers to connect and play a song which is a real faff.

Overall a good product.

25.01.2015 23:06

Advantages

• "Great for large meetings"

Disadvantages

Now that's what I call a mug of coffee!

This is one heck of cafetiere! This is a 12 cup mega Cafetiere, you want a proper mug size this is the one for the job, no 3 cup, no 4-cup but 12 cup- of coffee mugs that is not a tea mug however this can do 4-5 mugs of coffee!

I recommend with this to rinse the glass for a few moments with warm water to heat the glass up ready for the hot water.
      You will need 5-6 scoop of measured coffee because this holds 1500ml of water! After following the instructions you can see what really works for you.
      After applying the water to the ground coffee we put the lid on with the plunger retracted at first and left to infuse for a few minutes with this size cafetiere it is definitely best to retract the plunger three to four times gently to move the ground of coffee around and the water to blend and bring out the full flavour.

I would also recommend that you use strong coffee. I prefer using, in this type of coffee maker, medium coffees but because of the amount of water it holds there is the possibility that it may taste weaker, again it's all about your personal taste.
      I found that a strong coffee appeared medium. and when I really wanted a strong coffee than I would add extra scoops of ground coffee.

This is heavy when you first pour and need a little backbone to lift [By eck!] it but it pours very well and is fantastic to serve friends and family all at once instead of offering instant or running back and forth to make more cafetiere.
      This kept warm for up to 15 minutes with a cafetiere warmer wrapped around it this stayed warm for 45 minutes which would be good if the coffee had lasted that long!

25.01.2015 22:45

Advantages

• Fairtrade

Disadvantages

Can't taste coffee for toffee....or fig still good quality.

I've just brought this new updated version, no not in taste unfortunately, but they have changed the packaging and has labeled it strongly as now Fairtrade, and quite right too.

I took ages trying to find the coffee packet with figs contained because this doesn't point that out too strongly in the new look.
      This is a medium coffee and I purchased it in mind to drink in the afternoon.

The Viennese part of this coffee is to reflect those long lazy coffee mornings or afternoons where you grab a newspaper and lounge around for hours [I'm not sure who has the time to do this now! but maybe we can start a Viennese coffee revolution?]
      This does have a nice taste but [and I hate being negative] if you're going to make a 'styled' coffee with fig then it should reflect that, with this coffee I don't think it was one I would chose to remake and lounge around with simply because it was to strong for that, I would much recommend a Colombian or Guatemalan coffee this is great for an evening coffee or for after dinner.
      It states on the packet that 12.5% is fig but I drunk this black and must admit it tasted sweet, but my friends couldn't tell I had given them anything different which was a shame.
      This is ground for all machine types and did actually go well in espresso, filter and cafetiere, there was full flavour and body and it took milk very well.

Overall it wasn't a bad coffee but it wasn't a stand out one you just had to tell everyone about

• Student Loans Co. / Loan / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 22:22

Advantages

• "Facilitates university education for all who want it"
      • "Promotes social migration"

Disadvantages

• "Terrible regulation"
      • "Terrible service"

Great scheme that allows people of all backgrounds to get a university education.

It wouldn't have been possible for me to go to university without a student loan. I love the fact that it is income assessed and that high earners don't qualify. I know students at university who didn't use there loans they went into high earning savings accounts and there parents paid. They just took the loan because they could get interest in an ISA twice what the interest on the loan was. This is what gets peoples backs up about them. Other people have no intention of paying them back and some even go abroad.

The loans are a great thing, they help people from modest backgrounds go to university, without them only the priveleged would get the chance to go to university and less well people would either be put of university education or simply unable to afford it.

Essentially overall it is a great thing. Without it social migration would suffer and money would continue to go to money. I love the idea that if you work hard in school and get the grades you will have the same opportunity at higher education as the privaleged sections of society.

Its the same argument as the same fiasco. It needs tight regulation to stop the sytem being abused. People are exploiting it but if you stop it then you only really punish the genuine people who really need it. It needs to be tightly regulated and this is where the student loans company falls down. Its services and regulation are simply rubbish.

• Garmin Forerunner 405 / GPS Sat Nav / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      25.01.2015 22:00

Advantages

• "comfortable "
      • "Looks good"
      • "Great feel"

Disadvantages

A great way to keep track.

i recently bought this to help track my runs. This GPS watch really looks the part and lives up to its reputation. I was a little skeptical to join the Garmin bandwagon but since i have i will never go back. Worth the price.

25.01.2015 21:53

Advantages

• "500 Gig HD"
      • "Excellent Graphics"

Disadvantages

• "hasnt got titan fall"
      • "Xbox one is better "
      • "Lacks Killer Game"

crap

I have a PS4 and Xbox one and PS4 is Good but unfortunately not as good as the xbox one. Xbox one seems to be faster to load and get around the system quicker and easier. Also lacks Good games same rubbish games, save your money and get xbox one with titan fall that game is amazing and lasts for months.There are always problems with the PlayStation's servers means you may not be able to play your games just over Christmas i could not play anything it was absolutely ridiculous.
      crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap.

• Sure Shot 514 / Ball Sport / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      25.01.2015 21:49

Advantages

• "Great fun"
      • "Durable "
      • "Great price"

Disadvantages

• "Tricky to assemble"

Great product, would buy again.

I bought this recently for me and my friends to use. Great piece of equipment and holds up really well. Great size also. Would definitely recommend.

• Ocado.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.01.2015 21:49

Advantages

• "Saves on petrol"
      • "Food delivered to your door"

Disadvantages

• "Lack of convenient delivery slots"
      • "Poor dates on items"

Several niggling issues with them but overall a good service.

Ocado is a great service. We get food delivered every week. It delivers food direct to your door and saves you the hussle and bussle of the supermarket, the fight for a parking space and the petrol money and miles on your car. When you work hard at work all week you want as much time in your own home as possible, so relax and let somebody else do the work.

The initial shop is painful. Hundreds of different butters, breads etc. Its not like grabbing one off the shelf and it takes a lot longer. However once you have found what you normally buy you can save this list and access it quickly the next time so the shop takes a lot less time on the subsequent shops. You don't get drawn in by the BOGOF and 3 for 2 offers that catch you in the supermarket or the impulse buys and feel good purchases that they plant at the entrances and on the checkouts. You can exercise more control from your armchair at home.

The service is ok. Food gets delivered during a time slot. I have to say that you can't always get a convenient time slot because they are not avialable but most times your ok. The driver arrive during the time slot 95% of the time and elp you carry the shopping in.

The worst part of it is when they arrive and tell you there are substituted items and the fact that they give you rubbish dates on the bread and mild, sometimes the milk literally goes off the next day.

Overall a good service!

• Co-operative Bank / Bank / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 21:36

Advantages

• "Ethical trading"
      • "Friendly staff"
      • "UK call centers"

Disadvantages

Great, ethical, personal banking

There are a lot of things that I love about the co-operative bank. Firstly they trade ethically which is something that means a lot to me. I feel that ignorance is not bliss. Most people don't mind their savings being invested in companies supplying despots in Africa as long as they get a decent interest rate and are none the wiser. However I feel quite strongly about this and get a peace of mind knowing that co-op will invest my money in an ethical manner.

Secondly I like the personal touch that co-op has. It;s face to face services are good and there staff are friendly and helpful. I remember walking into a HSBC bank and asking a question and then being directed to a phone and told to press a certain number. I hate the automated banking crap that most big banks use.

Thirdly there call centers are in the UK and you can clearly converse with the person at the end of the phone. Priceless.

25.01.2015 21:30

Advantages

• "Has fresh fragrance"
      • Inexpensive

Disadvantages

Keeps My Dogs Lovely And Fresh!

My two dogs go on long walks on a daily basis and tend to get up to all sorts of things. My spaniel has a longer coat in the winter and tends to wade through muddy pools whilst my terrier seems to have a knack at finding the smelliest spots to roll in! They also meet a lot of other dogs and have brought home a few flea hitchhikers on a couple of occasions! Needless to say my dogs both need regular baths. One of the places I regularly shop at for pet supplies is Wilkinsons (or Wilkos). They have a wide range of affordable and good quality products to choose from.

In terms of shampoo it's actually quite hard to find an inexpensive flea repellent shampoo. Pets at Home tend to charge exorbitant prices whilst any shampoos sold in the supermarkets tend to be big brand name products with a high price tag too. Wilkinson's own make flea shampoo is only £2.50 though and after using it regularly I can testify that it's of a great quality.

The shampoo comes in a 250ml sized transparent recyclable bottle with a easy flip up top. This can be quite handy when you are trying to keep a bath-hating dog steady with one hand and only have one hand free to hold the shampoo bottle! The liquid is a thick and gooey and is a pale green colour. It flows easily so it's easy to squeeze out and into the dogs' fur. It can be agitated into a foam very easily too and it turns into a thick, creamy lather.

The fragrance of the shampoo is not particularly appealing to my dogs (surprise, surprise!) but I find it rather pleasant. It's not a scent I'd ever associate with anything other than dog shampoos, however! It does have a fresh, herbal fragrance which is suitable for both male and female dogs. It is detectable after the dogs have been dried and for perhaps a week afterwards.

I use this to help my dogs stay clean and flea free and I'm happy to say that they rarely have fleas and during any infestation period I will wash the dogs with this shampoo more regularly and it works!

I would recommend this shampoo to any dog owners as it's inexpensive, nice smelling and effective at cleaning my pups and keeping them flea free. The product is available online at Wilko or in high street stores.

• Sony MDR-ZX300L / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 21:22

Advantages

• "Good frequency response"
      • "Noise cancelling"
      • "Balanced sound"
      • "Look great"

Disadvantages

• "Not as well made as you'd hope from Sony"
      • "cable tangle"

Great for the price

These headphones are great for the price. Balanced sound and do cancel the noise, even if not as good as other specially made Noise Cancelling headphones. However, for the price these are probably some of the best headphones you can get for under £30. Come in different colors, which gives them a personal note. Good driver and great frequency response - so you can finally clearly hear that nice treble on the good old jazz.
      The downside, however, is the cable - with a more quality cable the headphones sound quality could have been much better and could have helped with the old' tangled wire' problem. I guess this would have, however, added to the price. Also, the plastic is not necessarily the best quality and they don't really 'mould' to your head shape. That said, the head pieces do fixate quite well on your ears and help cancelling the old commuting noise on the train or bus - and they are quite comfortable too.
      All together, if you want an affordable pear of headphones without loosing any of the sound quality (as with other similarly priced headphones) this is your buy. I was presently surprised to see what a great sound they put out for such a small price.
      They usually come in a 3.5 jack input - which usually fits most music devices, but you can easily find a transformers online for cheap if needed for the odd out devices with bigger or smaller input.
      Hope this helps!

25.01.2015 21:13

Advantages

• "Dogs enjoy playing with them"

Disadvantages

• "Rubber turns black over time"

Dogs Enjoy Playing With These!

I have two dogs, an English Springer Spaniel and a Terrier Cross and they are both dogs who love playing with different types of toys. They have toys that they like to chew, toys they like to fetch and they have toys that they just like to carry. This rubber ring from Wilko falls into the latter category.

I have actually bought a few of these rubber rings. They cost me £1.99 each and all of the rings I have purchased have been bright yellow. The rings are comprised of a rather heavy, dense rubber and their diameter is similar to that of a tea-plate.

My dogs, particularly the spaniel, like to pick these rings up and simply walk around with them in their mouths. I gather their round shape and slightly wobbly consistency makes the rings unsuitable for a long chewing session. However, the dogs will still bite down on these quite hard as the rings are indented with teeth marks! My terrier often drops the ring onto the ground and watches it bounce slightly before jumping at it and carrying it around again!

The rubber on these rings tends to develop a strange slightly bubbled texture over time and unfortunately all of my rings have turned an unsightly black colour. I'm not sure why this happens but the black colour is not washable on the ring. It's not an outer coating of dirt it's the actual rubber that seems to blister and mold. At a certain stage the rings then need to be thrown out due to this.

However, the rings last long enough to justify their price and I will gladly purchase more of these in the future because my pets enjoy to play with them. You can find them in the pet product aisle in Wilkinsons on the high street or search the online store at:

www.wilko.com

25.01.2015 21:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

Perfect foundation

I swear by my Rimmel London match perfection foundation. It states on the bottle 'for truer fresher colour' and it could not be more accurate. I have a 1 fl oz or 30 ml bottle and it has lasted me over 5 months and I wear this almost daily so you get so much use out of just one 30 ml bottle and it cost me £5.40 from my local super drug store. I use the colour ivory and I have a very pale white skin base and it is a perfect match for me. It comes up on my skin about 3 shades darker but looks so natural at the same time. The only problem is with this type of liquid fondation you need to be aware that it can make your skin appear greasy if you already have greasy skin I wouldn't reccomend this product. The foundation liquid comes out with ease and is applied and goes on the skin really easily to and smells great really floral scented which most foundations don't smell of any thing or smell really bad on skin. You only need to use small amounts to cover your full face as it lathers out really well and spreads a lot with just one drop. It's my favourite foundation that I have stuck with and used for years now. Rimmel london is a great brand and although it seems expensive it really isn't that expensive and if it is then it is well worth the price.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown