• Interparcel.com / Internet Site / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      07.12.2016 19:00

Advantages

• "Excellent to have live professional service"

Disadvantages

I would recommend without hesitation

I found the service today to be absolutely excellent and efficient. Kate Hall was the customer service agent and she was very helpful. I was delighted that access to the service was so rapid and that the changes I wanted to make could be implemented on the phone. It its always good to be able to speak to a live person. I would recommend this service without hesitation.

• aldiphotos.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      07.12.2016 13:11

Advantages

• "Software OK"

Disadvantages

• "too many"

Don't use

Amazingly hopeless organisation - don't think of using it. Unreliable, disorganised and an arrogant ineffective helpline. 13 days and they still ahven't printed my order let alone dispatched it

07.12.2016 00:39

Advantages

• "choose your own components"

Disadvantages

• none

highly recommended

exactly what it says on the tin

06.12.2016 15:47

Advantages

• "Fully customisable specifications"

Disadvantages

Great service, quality and price

I decided on PCSpecialist for my new desktop computer after seeing adverts in computer magazines and reading articles about their machines.
      The website was easy to navigate and I chose to customise one of their packages to suit my requirements. This was quite painless – the alterations I made to the specifications was immediately reflected in an on-screen update of the price. Nice touch.
      I opted for a higher output power supply because I knew I would be adding extra components at a later date. I was advised that this power unit was above the estimated requirements for the system and I could save money by going with the standard unit. Helpful, and again a nice touch.
      Once the order was placed I received regular updates by text as to it's progress – the first one being only 1 day after ordering, advising that the machine had already been built!
      Further text messages advised on testing and subsequent despatch.
      The order was placed on a Tuesday afternoon and I took delivery on the following Saturday afternoon – a very prompt and smooth operation. Even the courier service advised me of a 1 hour time slot for delivery, and they kept to their schedule.
      All in all a very satisfactory experience with PCSpecialist. I would recommend them to anyone for service and value for money.

• Adidas Jobulani / Ball Sport / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      06.12.2016 06:06

Advantages

• "Fair price"
      • Cushioned
      • "Nice printing"
      • "Easy to carry"
      • Durable

Disadvantages

This is where it all started for my kid. Really good product.

I bought this ball for my kid for his birthday and he loved it. First of all, he was extremely excited by the fact that this was the ball used by his idol Cristiano Ronaldo in the FIFA world cup in South Africa. He really couldn't believe that he had the chance to play soccer with the same ball he did. This gift really made him get into a sport. we practiced every single day in the afternoon after i got home after work. This ball is perfect for practicing your kicking, dribbling, and heading skills. It is a very cushioned ball and that makes it perfect for a kid and could avoid injuries in their feet when kicking.

It's been a year since i bought this ball and it seems i bought it yesterday. It has an awesome printing and even though my kid and i have practiced almost every single day, this ball still has a great appearance. You should really invest in this soccer ball because you won't need to buy another one in a very long long time.

This soccer ball has the perfect bounce and it is very easy to handle. In my opinion, this ball has really pushed my kid to be better every single day. He always tells me "I'll be even better than Cristiano Ronaldo", and boy, this might really happen in a couple of hard working years. This ball really got him started, and I think I made the right choice in giving him that gift.

05.12.2016 21:44

Advantages

• "Nice cinema and film "

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

100 Bloody Acres - A film I saw here

Star – Australia!
      Genre – Horror> Comedy
      Run Time – 91 minutes
      Certificate – 18R
      Country – Australia
      Awards – 1 Win & 6 Nominations
      Amazon – £5.99 DVD (£8.14 Blue Ray)
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The mighty Mammoths became extinct not because of the Ice Age or stray comets but because they were the biggest walking meal on the prairie by a country mile to every predator going. It’s called evolution. The same could be said about humans in the Australian Outback, the setting for this enjoyable Aussie comedy horror. Just about everything is poisonous out there and can take down a fully grown man in the flick of a tongue, that’s if the locals, the sun and grog don’t get your first.

There has been some grim and unsettling Aussie movies about the great wilderness, like Wolf Creek and Walkabout, but also some joyous ones like Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Kangaroo Jack and Crocodile Dundee. Even today just 5% of the Outback has been officially charted. There really could be anything out there guys. 70% of the worlds most dangerous snakes are in Australia.

100 Bloody Acres is more the cheap'n'cheerful comedy-horror, made with gusto by Colin and Cameron Cairnes. It was a labor of love for the Cairns boys and took three years to make and three more years for this negligible Aussie splatterfest to get its one-weekend-only release, making just $8,543 across Australia. It’s way better than that folks. Aussie films just have that certain innocent and playful feel to them and can’t be ignored like that. I always watch out for them on TV or DVD and give them a chance.

===Cast===

Paul Blackwell ... Charlie Wick
      Ward Everaardt ... Bernard St John
      Iain Herridge ... Roadie

===Plot===

Brothers Reg (Damon Herriman) and Lindsay Morgan (Angus Sampson) run a small rustic organic fertilizer business out in the Queensland sticks on the family farm. Its going to be a long day for Lindsay when he happens upon a car smash on route with a dead body slumped on the steering wheel. Normally you would call the cops and they would do the rest. Not the Morgan boys, the body stashed in the back of his van and press on to the farm. On the way he is flagged down by some backpackers, James (Oliver Ackland), Wes (Jamie Kristian) and Sophie (Anna McGahan), heading to a rock festival but their Combi broken down and so need a lift to the nearest town.

Lindsay is reluctant to take them at first due to the body hidden in the truck but takes a shine to the flirtatious Sophie and off they go. But this is the Outback and they are not going to be going to any rock festival as Lindsay drives them to the farm against their will. It appears the mystery ingredient in their fertilizer that makes it sell so well is the human constituent as Reg fires up the meat grinder and an increasingly reticent Lindsay sets up the hooks. How will Sophie flirt her way out of this one…

===Results===

With echoes of Tucker Dale Vs Evil and many other meat hook in the sticks inbred horror this one entertains from the off. It’s not the visceral edge of Wolf Creek (that is a hard film to watch) and played for laughs from the opening frames and so not one to hide behind the sofa. Yes a body or two does into a grinder but not that squeamish and all good fun. Not for kids though although kids watch far worse on YouTube when mom is having another glass of Pinot downstairs.

It’s perfunctory in construction for the genre and you have seen it all before but being an Australian movie that cliché has its own touch to make it more entertaining and engaging. All the characters are antiheroes in their own way and predictable villains and heroes rise from the pile like steam on manure. The no familiar Aussie Outback panoramas and foreboding add to the films mood and the narrative suitably pitched that you don’t care who goes in the grinder.

On the whole it’s an above average fun horror flick that avoids, when it can, those cheesy American horror clichés and flips them like burgers to cook the film on both sides to give it more of a comic tang. You always want something new when you watch horror as it can quickly become a stale genre and there is enough here to say it’s worth a look. It’s obviously got no chance of being noticed in your digital and online movie listings box but if you do see it then read up on it and give it ago. I enjoyed it and I am someone who doesn’t really bother much with the genre, hated the Scream movies and ye to be frightened by any horror movie at any age in the history of cinema. The only reason I like The Omen is because it’s inadvertently funny.

===RATINGS===

Imdb.com –6.0/10.0 (2.781votes)
      Rottentomatos.com – 83% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – 63% critic’s approval

===Trailer===
      ===Special Features===

-The Making of-

As this is a labor of love project the director and cast really exploit the extras to talk happily about their movie.

-Deleted Scenes-

-Trailer-

-Interviews-

Cast& Crew chat away some more.

===Critics===

The Sydney Moring Herald –‘The Cairnes take the blood, bone and shit from other films, cut in some rustic romance and stoner comedy, and grind it all together into an agreeably homegrown blend’.

The Australian –‘100 Bloody Acres is as mercurial as its central character, breezily offbeat one moment, spattered in gonzo gore the next. It's as if the filmmakers ground the bits of other movies fine enough that it made a rich foundation for their own’.

Chicago Tribune –‘It sounds appalling, but "100 Bloody Acres" has a spring in its step’.

The Sun Herald –‘A wickedly funny romp that heralds the arrival of some seriously fiendish talent’.

The Mail –‘Though entertaining enough as a genre exercise, the film is too simplistic to transcend its base concept’.

ABC Radio –‘ Crossing Sweeny Todd with Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, the Cairns boys deliver a lot of laughs, nice and realistic dollops of sticky gore, and quite a lot of heart to boot’.
      ==========

05.12.2016 18:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great gentle cleanser

This skin cleanser is very gentle and suitable for sensitive skin. It is fragrance free which means it will not irritate the skin. I have very dry skin and this products is perfect, it does not dry my skin out at all but instead it feels rejuvenated and awake.

This is quite a 'smooth' cleanser, so I do use a an exfoliator alongside it about once a week. However, I do use a muslin cloth with this cleanser to wash my face. This method works well as a gentle daily exfoliator, not too harsh but just enough to make your skin feel clean after a long days work.

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 months now and the effects have been great. My skin is brighter and my blemishes have lightened, which is something I never thought would happen. I have not used a cleanser or face wash that has given these kinds of results, so I am really impressed and will definitely continue to use this and recommend it to anyone who has problematic skin.

I would say that the price (£14.99 for 473ml) is worth the amount of product you get and, not to mention, the results from using it. The cleanser I use has a pump, I understand some bottles do not, but if you have the pump one you just need about one squirt, which is great because this means it will last a long time! I have been using the same bottle for about 3 months now.

05.12.2016 16:53

Advantages

• "Big wide screen"
      • Simple
      • "Amazing graphics"
      • "Lots of storage"
      • "Easy to carry"
      • ""
      • Fast

Disadvantages

• "Take up alot of charge"
      • Heavy
      • Expensive

Amazing but expensive

This product is really good but the price tag is outrageous,i would recommend this product for people with jobs as the price is alot.but overall this product is up their with the best.

04.12.2016 19:30

Advantages

• "Loads of options"
      • "Easy to use website"
      • "Very cheap for the superb quality provided in my opinion"
      • " love the metallic case"
      • "Great Look"
      • " Tested and dispatched"
      • "Quickly Built"

Disadvantages

• "would have liked if the wasd buttons where different colours"
      • "More options for graphic cards on the site would be nice but not necessary"

Best Custom PC website, very cheap/great quality

If you want a great custopm built pc or laptop then this is the website for you. 10/10

• Tesco JKRBP11 / Kettle / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.12.2016 18:11

Advantages

• "Good Value for Money"
      • "Good Price"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly noisy"

Great Value for Money

Having moved out of my parents home into my home we needed something basic but still something that looked nice and fit in with our kitchen, and at a reasonable price. Boils really quickly, lights up whilst it's boiling, lovely colour, very easy and compact. The quality is very good for the price. It's very sturdy and easy to use. The build up of limescale is just as any other kettle would and has built up rather quickly, however the limescale removable filter does stop any from getting into your cup so it isn't an issue that affects you at all, and after having it for around four months it's started to gather a lot of condensation when it has boiled. Generally I'm very happy with it given its quality and how little it costs compared to other more expensive kettles we've had at my family home in the past that perform just the same. It's ideal for students or new home owners who are looking to kit out their homes for a reasonable price. We also bought the matching toaster too so its colour and style matches other products that you can also buy which is really handy when you're trying to make sure it matches in the kitchen. We wouldn't look to buy a kettle any different, and certainly don't feel the need to try to find something that performs or looks better as the one we have is perfect for our use. The kettle holds 1.5 litres which is enough for a teapot or between 4-5 cups which is ideal for our use, and the normal price is £12.50 (but given that we shop with Tesco a lot we saved up some of our points and used a voucher, so it ended up costing us around £7.50, but we would happily pay the full price next time should we need to buy another one or replace the one we have should it get old).

04.12.2016 09:17

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • "Very efficient"

Disadvantages

Very worthy to use

I usually suffer for athlete foot. This product is very efficient and leaves a clean sensation. My skin was gross and terrible and horrible. I thought it wasn't work a lot but I really loved the product. Recommend.

03.12.2016 15:38

Advantages

• "Easy to use website"
      • "VAT deducatable (If applicable to you)"
      • "Built to your specifications"
      • "Great communication during build"
      • "Good value for money"
      • "Good Build Quality"

Disadvantages

• "Perhaps unsuitable for casual customers"
      • "Issues with Sound Drivers"
      • "Difficulties with older OS"

Great Performance, Great Quality, Would Recommend To Anyone.

Stumbled across their website after accidentaly damaging my old laptop, and I was intrigued by what I found; High quality systems for great prices. Eventually ordered an Optimus VII after if-ing and ar-ing over which one to purchase. Now actually using it, I am far from disappointed with the product. As someone from the Channel Island of Guernsey, it was great to see a dedicated CI delivery option, as well as deductable VAT as not many UK companies do so.

Initially attempted to run Windows 7, but after difficulties ended up getting windows 10, which was the better choice. The performance of laptop is very good, running games like CS:GO incredibly well, and capability run other high load games. Start-up takes a mere few seconds, and provides a crisp 1080p display on the screen. I've haven't found any real issues with the system at all; the only one that comes to mind is that the audio driver is a bit tempermental. When I put my system in stand-by with headphones in, when I reopen the laptop, I get no sound. Also the microphone at maximum settings can barely pick-up sound from my headset, whereas on my old laptop I can be heard clear as day. Hopefully this gets fixed with updates.

03.12.2016 14:47

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good quality products, amazingly unbeatable prices.

I am very satisfied with the performance of my Optimus VII laptop. It is able to run recently released games with both solid quality graphics and smooth framerates, in addition to quickly performing day-to-day tasks. The design of the laptop itself is slick and functional, with the backlit keyboard being a nice addition.

The price of the machine is what truly sets it apart from the competition. I had extensively compared between PC Specialist and other companies: none could remotely match the price. Laptops with the same core components could cost an additional £80 or even more.

03.12.2016 12:41

Advantages

• Flexibility
      • "Price (cheaper than building it yourself!)"
      • "Extremely high "top-spec" limit"

Disadvantages

Excellent quality + high professionalism = total satisfaction.

I needed a high-end machine for computer simulations in theoretical physics (5D Kaluza-Klein anzats in quantum infodynamics) and for a long time hesitated where to buy it from. Finally, I decided to build it myself as none of the ready made PCs were powerful enough for my purposes. For example, nobody offered a PC with 128GB RAM which is the absolute minimum that I need for this work. So, I selected all the components I needed via Amazon.co.uk and it came to a certain amount (about £3k). But before clicking on "Buy" on Amazon I decided to see if I can find the same components elsewhere cheaper. Thus I found PC Specialist. Now imagine my amazement when I discovered that having PC Specialist put together all these components is actually CHEAPER (by a very small amount like £30, but still positive!) than buying them all separately and building them myself. Obviously, I instantly abandoned the DIY Amazon idea and ordered from PC Specialist. And I must say I have no regrets --- not only did I get the spec that I wanted, but also the Gold Warranty (over and above the manufacturer's standard warranty) which would not have been included by Amazon (or would have required buying separately for each individual component).

So, I am very happy with PC Specialist. In summary, these are the good points:

1. "Sky is the limit" in terms of high-end spec. You can literally custom-build the fastest and most powerful machine the money can buy today.

2. Complete flexibility in terms of specification. You specify exactly what you want. Moreover, their online software checks for compatibility and doesn't allow you to do anything stupid, e.g. to specify high-end CPUs and very low-end cooling option which would lead to over-heating and failure.

3. No over-pricing. As I said, it is either the same or slightly cheaper than doing it yourself. Presumably they manage to buy the components much cheaper than the retail prices for the rest of us at Amazon.

4. Warranty.

What are the bad points? To be honest, I cannot think of any at the moment, but if I do I will revise this review and add them.

• STV Self Set Mouse Trap / Garden Chemical / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.12.2016 12:11

Advantages

• "Good value"

Disadvantages

• Painful

If you chew my cables you gotta go, capiche!

I think it’s fair to say that the mouse is the cutest animal humans kill on mass. For some reason it doesn’t have the status of cats, pandas, tigers and dolphins and has to be trapped and killed for being annoying around the house. As a rule of thumb humans tend to have no problem killing ugly animals like rats, pigs, fish and cows but somehow the mouse has fallen in with the wrong crowd. The rabbit’s foot maybe good luck for humans but it wasn’t lucky for the rabbit. Beauty has greater sanctuary than all around humans. But if the little bastard is chewing through your cables under the floorboard and could burn the house down they have got to pack their little suitcases and go.

When the house is silent we all become aware of any unusual noises, the gnawing sound of sturdy little choppers on wood a familiar one. The mice are building their winter retreat and babies will follow in the spring. They don’t want to be out in the cold and so centrally heated floor space is rather appealing. Problem is you can’t negotiate and get at them under the boards and so you have to trap them. There is a high chance they will nibble on everything down there. 240 volts will probably solve the problem but create a whole lot more.

Now I hate the idea of poisoning mice as they are cute and just trying to get on in life but the old fashioned cartoon traps never really worked and laying toxic poison in a tray intoxicates everything that goes near it, including family pets. For me it’s the plastic trap every time. The last time I used trays of poison I actually saw the little mouse come out of the airing cupboard and keel over in front of me as if in an animated movie and stone dead. It was all rather sad. If it had been an ugly big rat I wouldn’t have cared. As I said, cute is everything in the animal world and dictates your survival chances around humans.

Rentokil, of course, is the big name in killing animals and put down even more than the RSPCA, which takes some doing, The set up with the Rentokil people is the word kill and they don’t do many inhumane traps and so I went with STV instead, that have the snap down door ones where the mouse wanders in and cant get out. You then hear the little one rustling around in there and release him or her somewhere else wit that little suitcase. Obviously if they have had little mices in your house that’s not ideal but generally if you hear them they are nest building and so not mums and dads yet and so can go live somewhere else.

The idea is the mice get curious, pokes their nose around and sniff something that smells like grub in the trap and the spring pops the gate down. Cheese doesn’t work. I have tried it. The mechanism looks brutal but designed for speed to trap a mouse facing the wrong way, rather than to decapitate it and at worse they will get a sore tail. As I say it is all very Tom & Jerry with the current designs on the market. This one is not a tube version but an actual computer mouse shaped trap, the idea the mouse doesn’t have time to figure out it’s a trap and turn around as the plastic door flips down. It’s easy to reset and at £9.99 in Wilko’s decently priced. It’s not that heavy so you may need to anchor it. Like I said, the mouse will take the piss if he or she knows what it’s about.

Did it work? It did, although it took two weeks, enough for the mouse to build three condos down there. In fact he was quite a cheeky mouse and a couple of times I caught him sitting on top of the trap eating the contents. It’s up to you what grub you put in there and you can, of course, put poison in. Peanut better was the most recommended online and as I hate peanut butter I was fine for them to eat it. The trick is to give them a small piece so they don’t spend all day in there sleeping and getting fat and waddling out and so not tripping the trap. Five-years ago a mouse I was trying to trap was using the plastic mouse trap tube as a storage locker and dragging all sorts in there for the winter. So if you don’t like killing cute animals then this is for you. You can get a bigger one to kill the ugly rats though.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown