• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.05.2016 11:24

Advantages

• "Great quality"
      • "Fast turnaround"

Disadvantages

Excellent partner

Our first order with Print24 went as smoothly as possible. Products arrived ahead of schedule and are of a great quality. Will definitely be using their services again.

• Slapiton.tv / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.05.2016 10:58

Advantages

• none

Disadvantages

• "Fraud. AVOID!!!!!"

Fraud. AVOID!!!!!

I have exactly the same experience as other people (see Trustpilot website for more reviews!). I ordered my perfume in March. I got ANOTHER perfume than the one I ordered. I have contacted them several times since then and it´s almost June and I haven´t got my order yet - I´ve been waiting for it for more than 2 months. They stopped replying to my emails. NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE, it will save a lot of time and money.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      26.05.2016 09:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Brilliant Service, Quality Builds and Competitive Pricing

My old pc was dying after 6 years, and I decided to create my own specification - I was a little nervous given my knowledge of PC workings is fairly limited!! I have no regrets in doing so, or in selecting PC Specialist to build it for me. It was good to be able to see the build progress online, helpful to see whether there were any potential conflicts with the hardware before confirming the purchase and the pc was dispatched sooner than I expected. Will definitely recommend if anyone asks me.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      26.05.2016 00:08

Advantages

• "great support"
      • "price competetive"
      • " lots of choice"
      • "good breadth of products "

Disadvantages

Intuitive, informative and higly competetive

An easy to use website that has an intuitive build process with a great choice of product available.
      Price competitive and speedy delivery with an up to date tracking system. Well packaged delivery.

• Warren Evans / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.05.2016 15:03

Advantages

• "Great service post sale"

Disadvantages

Happy to recommend and will use again

I have purchased a bed from Warren Evans a year ago and the service was great at the time. Then 10 months later I had to move house. My friend and I did our best to reinstall my bed in my new flat but the bed board was slightly moving.
      I went to my local Warren Evans - same team that sold me the bed - and they were more than happy to send in the ‘’professionals’’ to sort out my bed.
      Team A arrived - Mick and Khalid - and within 15 min my bed was realigned and sturdy again!
      Thank you Warren Evans for helping and looking after your customers!

Ms C L - Chelmsford, Essex

• TV Choice / Magazine / Newspaper / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.05.2016 13:05

Advantages

• "Usable TV Guide"

Disadvantages

• "Bit cheapo"

Does the job

My dream job is to be a TV and film critic. I love being opinionated and why I – and most of you –enjoy Gogglebox on Friday night. If you want honest TV reviews then Gogglebox is the place. They represent a cross-section of the public and as equally critical and cutting as you and me in front of the TV when we are relaxed and at home. There has been some editing on the show to cut out swear words and libel and stuff but in general that’s you and me sitting right there. Now, in the real world to enjoy TV we need a TV guide. There are people out there who don’t need to plan their week around telly and have lots of things to do out and about with their lovely friends in the evenings and weekends but in general we need TV and DVD like Joe Brand needs chocolate. Its part of our routine and the brain needs routines to function.

My chosen TV guide in the summer is the cheapest one, normally TV Choice or Whats On. They cost between 50 and 60p and available in all major supermarkets and in most newsagents and minimarts. For the football season I buy the Mail on Saturday or Sunday as it’s the best paper in Britain for sport and has two great TV guides over the weekend. The Saturday one is probably the best in the country. It has all the main terrestrial and cable channels primetime viewing set out in front of you in two pages and off you go with your pen to ring your favorites. But it’s the summer now and so it’s the cheapo small ones until mid August. I’m out more so less telly anyway. I really just want to know when there is new series of Salvage Hunters and American Pickers is on and any new films I haven’t seen.

TV Choice is very busy and the smaller magazine size. You get those people who want the complete TV guide experience and buy Radio Times but I don’t think there can ever be a time when a TV guide should cost more than a takeaway, RT nearly four quid now! But there is a Radio Times gang out there and they will buy it on principal because they think its middle-class or the official BBC TV guide or something and so deserve to be ripped off. But if you can do cheap and get the same thing then do cheap is my motto. Some people do buy TV mags because they like a certain critic’s views so fair enough but generally they are commercial products and so sometimes not as harsh as they should be on some TV shows and not reviewing others for the same reason. When they big up shows they know are crap because their magazine relies on adverts from that groups who owns the show then that’s where I got annoyed. Again TV choice is not really in that business and there just to list and briefly provide generally un-opinionated information on TV shows and a little more information on their picks.

The magazine is like all TV mags with the first few pages reviewing new shows and series on the coming week and month. There is a Have Your Say page to send in letters. I used to back in the day chasing the £20 book voucher but when one finally went in they edited it down to nothing. There is TV Choice Awards entry where you can box tick your favorite shows and send that in and then a US TV Drama finder that outlines what channel your American shows are and what day in the week they are on, the classic magazine filler. The soap planner page is the same story as you should really know when your favorite soap is on. The ‘Sport Choice’ double page is useful to see what’s on where on the various cable and terrestrial stations. Film Choice follows that although subjective and lists most of the films on that week. But it’s not all of them and so that is an issue. It tries to list the ones they think are the best or popular, Black Swan and Drive Angry neither of those.

We then get into the main TV guide with BBC1 to Channel 5 on the first double spread and then the lesser channels like ITV4 and BBC4 that you all get on the Freeview package on the next two pages. The next two pages are the even more niche channels on Freeview and then we get into the pay channels on Sky etc with three pages in total. The listings run from Saturday to Friday. The magazine ends with the perfunctory prize crossword, horrorscopes and tons of those ads with impossibly sexy and airbrushed older people that advertise Stenna stairlifts and adaptable baths.

So summing up I would say most of the cheaper TV mags are aimed at older and more ‘working-class’ people. I say that because the middle-class don’t like to be told what they like and should watch, hence Points of View with Anne Robinson and the Radio Times. They go big on soaps and ITV shows. ITV is traditionally a blue collar channel. If you didn’t realize that then you are blue collar I’m afraid. It puts on populist shows

25.05.2016 04:49

Advantages

• Reliable
      • "Clear scanned images "
      • "Good quality printing"

Disadvantages

• "Occasional smudging "

A quality little printer/scanner that stands up to frequent use

I bought this printer as the main household printer for myself and my husband. Being a teacher, I tend to do an awful lot of printing, particularly in colour, so needed something that would stand up to that level of use and be reliable.

The Epson XP 312 is a compact combined printer and scanner. It looks smart (gloss black) and seems to be made of quality materials. We have owned our printer for over a year and the plastic still looks fairly new and has remained scratch free.

The scanner part of the machine works as you would expect. It allows you to scan documents up to A4 size so if you need it for larger pages this is probably not the machine for you. I have been very happy with the quality of the images once scanned and I have even used it to scan old photos.

One of the main benefits of an Epson printer are the cost of the ink cartridges. This machine takes six cartridges and they are much cheaper than many other brands of printers.

On the whole the print quality is good as long as you keep maintaining the machine, for example cleaning the print heads. We haven't had any problems at all with gapping but occasionally get a couple of smudges. As with any inkjet printer, the quality is not quite as sharp as with a laser printer. However, I have owned a number of inkjet printers and this one is by far the best.

• Humax DTR-T1010 / Set Top Box / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.05.2016 04:46

Advantages

• "No monthly fee"
      • "Good amount of storage"
      • Responsive
      • "Reliable series link"

A brilliant product

This is the second Humax digital recorder that I have owned and for me, it is a must have product.

Digital recorders generally have taken the place of DVD or VHS recorders I think, making it much simpler to record TV. Some people might question the need to buy a digital recorder when services such as BBC iPlayer are available. However, there are a number of channels that are not available using an 'on demand' service which can be recorded using a digital recorder. Also, when watching 'on demand' programmes such as those on 4OD, the viewer is forced to sit through every advert break unable to skip them. A digital recorder gives you much more freedom to move around within each programme, skipping the ads. In addition to this, many 'on demand' programmes have a limited time window for viewing - a digital recorder allows you to keep recorded content for as long as you like.

This machine specifically is a brilliant digital recorder. Most importantly, with the Humax there is no monthly fee. Unlike with Sky or Virgin Media, you simply pay upfront for the box and that's it. This Humax allows you to browse through programmes, often up to a week in advance using the 'Guide' function. You can then choose to either record a single programme or use the 'series link' option to record many. The series link is fairly reliable and almost always continues recording a programme until asked to stop. Occasionally, the series link will need to be reset, for example if you set all Formula 1 races to record, you would probably need to instruct the Humax to record at the start of each new season. If recording whole series, the 'Option Plus' button is a useful feature. It allows you to manage whole files of programmes, deleting them all at once which could be time consuming if deleting them individually. Also, you can use the file manager to organise your content. For example, if you recorded a number of movies you could create a folder called 'Films' meaning that they would not need to be listed on the main 'Media' screen.

The Humax machine is very responsive making it quick to navigate content. I really like this product and think that it is a good buy.

• Skullcandy INK'D / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.05.2016 04:41

Advantages

• "Comfortable "
      • "Excellent sound quality"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Poor over time"

You get what you pay for...

I bought a pair of Skullcandy INK'D headphones as a gift for my eighteen year old brother and he loved them. He likes his trendy labels such as Boisht and many of his friends already had Skullcandy headphones. I took that to mean that Skullcandy is 'in' as we used to say and bought him a pair.

The INK'D headphones certainly look the part. They are sleek and glossy with the Skullcandy logo on each side. The ear buds are very soft making them comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The buds are a little larger that other comparative headphones - I imagine this helps block background noise but might not be to everybody's taste.

The sound quality is very good, especially when compared to other in ear headphones. The bass comes through crisply and there is virtually no sound distortion even when moving around. I would be very surprised if you could get better sound quality for this price bracket.

I must say that although the Skullcandy INK'D headphones look and sound great, they have not lasted brilliantly. My brother has been using them for six months now and they are just starting to look a bit worn. Parts of the plastic look scuffed and one of wires is coming a little loose. It took a few months for them to start looking scruffy and the have had quite heavy use.

I think I would buy them again as I think that the sound quality is excellent for the price. Plus you can't beat 'trend appeal' when buying a gift for a teenager!

25.05.2016 04:38

Advantages

• "Such a good read. Easy to understand."

Disadvantages

• Nothing

A must read for all novel lovers!

It all started one day when my mom read this book and loved it and recommended that I do the same. Never a big fan of religious books I was skeptical at first. I read the back of the book and asked her what it was about and was convinced that maybe I should read it after all. So I took the time out of my busy schedule to read it and was very glad I did. It Wasn't a long book so it did not take me a while to read it which was a good thing in my book. It was fast and easy to read and understand. I love a good novel that is not complicated. Basically the story is about a young boy who dies goes to heaven sees God and Jesus and is in the hospital and brought back to life. He then goes on to tell his friends and family about his experiences when he was in heaven. That's basically the whole story plain and simple. Even if you don't like religion I still think you will enjoy this warm and heart felt story. It will actually move you and maybe even bring a few tears to your eyes like it did for me. In my opinion I found this book to be very enjoyable and I think that others will too. So if you enjoy reading good novels please take the time out of your schedule to read this book trust me it's worth it.

25.05.2016 04:09

Advantages

• "The Beatles sang it"

Disadvantages

• "Too many repetitive lyrics"

Please listen to this song and get a feel for what the Beatles hippie era.

I have always been a huge fan of the Beatles. My parents raised me on old music from the 1960's. My parents are not Beatles fans but I love everything about them, except for the fact that they did drugs. I wish today they were all still alive to tour. Now all we have is tribute bands. Better than nothing I guess. I have not had the opportunity to listen to the Yellow Submarine album. However, on many occasions I have had the chance to listen to the yellow Submarine song and even watch the music video on youtube. Well let met tell you that this song makes no sense to me no matter how many times I listen to it. The lyrics are far too repetitive and they make no sense as does the video make no sense. Not sure what they were thinking when the song was written and recorded. You can tell they were on drugs. They had to be. No other logical explanation for it. The song actually can be quite annoying after a while. It did make it to their greatest hits album so I guess that's saying something. People through the year must have really enjoyed this song. Personally I prefer other great songs by the Beatles like Twist and Shout, Pennylane, I Want To Hold Your Hand, and Revolution. With how great these songs are and all their others I would still recommend that you listen to Yellow Submarine if you haven't already, (but I'm sure you have), and get lost in the hippie era that helped put the Beatles on the map!

• "Nike 4"" Woven Shorts " / Sports Clothing / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2016 16:48

Advantages

• "Good fit"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

If you got them flaunt them

I have great legs. Not even Bettyboo 47 has my pins. Hell, not even fashion model Kissme2070 (Peacocks and Matalan casual range) can live with my sculptured thighs and fetlocks. This means I look great in shorts and women ogle me up and down. Hey, what can I say? And its not genetics. I had to work hard for these babies! I ran long distance at a very tender age (youngest ever to complete the Northampton Marathon at 16-years and 340 days!) and that gave me enough stamina to play other sports quite well so excellent hybrid footballer thighs. Let’s just say my trophy cabinet is packed like my trunks! Ok, that’s stray seaweed in my trunks. Alas the top half has lapsed a bit over the year so no photos of the pec’s girls. And as those girls with great legs will tell you - they can wear any length clothing and the legs still look amazing to flatter the body and bottom. Ok, I have nice bottom to. Only those Mexican ‘cholo’ length shorts (the ones that only show your ankle gang tats) don’t look cool on me. I’m a little old to wear really short shorts now and would feel like one of those old rockers from the sixties that die their hair and still wear the same jeans, mullet and cowboy shirt they did in 1974. I’m not saying I have a gut or anything but at some point you have to say I’m too old for that look. Jeans and leather jacket is my thing.

I like the cargo shorts that come down to the kneecaps as they have lots of pockets for your phone and wallet and stuff. But the material is thicker so best for cooler days. On the hotter days I go for shorts like the Nike ones here that are a much thinner cotton mix but sacrifices pockets so to stay airey. This pair has two deepish pockets at the front and one Velcro one at the back. Sadly Eastern European mass migration has bought the return of the dipper/pickpocket to our big cities and so you need pockets that seal up or tight so you can feel any intrusion. I had to give a guy an elbow the other day going for my phone. I know how I will be voting on June 23rd. Alas the thinner material mix causes more sweating and chaffing around the upper inside thigh and so soreness. Always best to rotate your shorts guys and girls.

===Shorts etiquette===

10-21 degrees - cargo shorts
      22-27 degrees - cotton shorts
      28-38 degrees – 1990 football speedo length shorts

Now I have been accused of waffling on here on one or two of my reviews but there is a reason. A lot of us are put off reviewing certain products as we don’t feel there is enough to be said about them to justify the review. We feel guilty about it. And if we do write the 250 words that are perfectly reasonable we will get voted down with lower grades. Let’s be honest guys a pair of shorts is a 300 word review at best. I really do feel guilty about writing less than 700 words. Can’t help it. I want to earn my corn so it has meaning writing it.

Like I said these are a nice thin and cooling material and fit just right. I am a 33 waist but a 32 flexi waste won’t be a problem. These are not button or zip up. The length is just above the knee. It’s not too baggy around the groin and feels tailored. I don’t like too much flapage on my shorts. You are getting into old man territory there when they get too baggy and flarey. There are no belt loops on this Nike pair I have. There is also no visible Nike swoosh on this pair although I prefer that as I hate branding. Nike has lots of variants of shorts of course. They maybe knocks offs though. They do feel like the authentic product though. Stitching is good and no threading wear yet after one years use. No wear on the gusset or the backside. As we all know the wearer of the shorts is the last to know there is a small hole in the backside, where most of you think I talk out of. Over to you Bentley…;-)

• Apple iPhone 6 16 GB / Smartphone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.05.2016 14:41

Advantages

• "Large screen"
      • "Easy to use "
      • "Very responsive "

Disadvantages

• "Not very compatible "

A good phone if you can get over the lack of compatibility with non Apple

I bought the iPhone 6 as my main personal phone and have used it for around a year. I must confess to being a serial iPhone user (much to my husband's disgust!) having had the iPhone 3, 3S and 4 before the 6.

The iPhone 6 is a good phone and is a significant step up from previous iPhones. It has a slim, ergonomic design with curved corners and very little wasted space. The screen is a very usable size yet the phone is not so large as to not fit in your pocket.

One of my favourite things about the iPhone is its responsiveness. I have yet to see or use an android device that feels as responsive when swiping or scrolling. I am not particularly tech savvy and I find that iPhone very intuitive to use. The large colourful icons and logical organisation make it easy to navigate. It is also very simple to import several email accounts and online calendars meaning that all of your email correspondence can be within a single 'Mail' app. I don't use the iPhone for gaming a great deal but mainly for browsing the Internet and keeping in touch. For these tasks, it works really well.

When I do use the device for music and other media however, it frustrates me. The lack of Apple compatibility means that trying to move music between a desktop PC and the iPhone for example is not easy. It can be done but requires a lot of messing about with iTunes. Comparing that to an android phone which can simply be plugged in and used like a USB stick, the iPhone does not come out favourably.

I do like the iPhone and have been very happy with it but I must confess to getting a bit tired of the compatibility issues.

24.05.2016 10:51

Advantages

• Comfortable
      • "Open shape for older baby"
      • Safe

Disadvantages

• "Very upright "
      • "Difficult to clean"

A good buy for an older baby

I bought the Maxi Cosi Pearl as a second car seat following the use of the Maxi Cosi Pebble. My daughter turned out to be huge (referred to by my husband as 'sumo baby') so grew out of the Pebble and into the Pearl at six months. Luckily by that stage, she was already sitting up confidently and could support her own back and neck. Although the Pearl does offer neck support, the seating position is much more upright than the Pebble so the baby needs to be able to sit up to use it. Because of the upright position, I've found that when my LO goes to sleep, instead of resting her head on the sides, it lolls forwards with her chin on her chest. Although that looks horribly uncomfortable to me, she doesn't seem bothered by it. She is at least still able to sleep in the car which is good!

The shape of the Pearl lends itself much more to the routine of having an older baby. Although it can be clipped in and out, the design of this car seat lends itself to being left in the car. Because the shape is more open than the Pebble, the baby can be lifted in and out fairly easily. The curved shape makes it quite comfortable including on the lower legs which hang over the front. Unfortunately some of the fabric sections cannot be removed to be washed so often require a bit of sponge cleaning.

I am pleased with this car seat and would buy it again. It has a good safety rating which is why we bought it.

24.05.2016 10:27

Advantages

• "Clicks in and out"
      • "Cocoon shape"
      • Compact

Disadvantages

• "Not as suitable as the baby gets bigger"

Great for newborns

Expecting my first baby and knowing very little about having a child, Maxi Cosi was a brand that I'd heard of. A huge number of people seemed to have Maxi Cosi car seats so to be perfectly honest I didn't really consider any other product. Having said that, after using it for eight months, I don't think I'd buy anything different given the opportunity.

The Maxi Cosi pebble is a compact car seat designed for newborns. When bought in combination with the ISOfix base or the Two Way Fix base, it can be clipped in and out of the car using the push of a button. Because I frequently wanted to lift the seat out of the car with the baby in it, I found this an excellent feature. The cocoon shape of the car seat offers plenty of support with an additional shoulder height cushion for extra padding. I confess that I didn't read the manual properly and this was not mentioned when we purchased it: the handle is designed to act as a roll cage in the event of an accident so must be locked in the outward position when travelling - something that we only found out about a month in. The fabric in the car seat is not removable so I found that we did a lot of sponging out baby spit up, especially in the early days.

In theory, this car seat can be used until the baby weighs 13kg and whilst their head remains below the back height of the seat. Because our baby turned out to be huge and very heavy (!) she grew out of the Maxi Cosi pebble at around 6 months. She had not quite reached the height and weight limits but I found that because of the cocoon shape, it was getting very difficult and putting a lot of strain on my back to lift her in and out. Also, when she began to want to move her arms and legs around more, I don't think she liked the constricted shape of the newborn car seat style. Of course, the primary consideration was safety and she had also reached the recommended size for the next stage car seat.

I would highly recommend the Maxi Cosi pebble as a newborn car seat but it does have its limitations as the baby grows towards the upper end of the height and weight range.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown