22.07.2014 08:51

Advantages

• "Left my hair shiny and soft"

Disadvantages

• "Didn't make my hair colour richer"

Good conditioner but not really just for brown hair

My hair has been looking a bit dull and a bit lacklustre lately so I treated myself to some products in the John Frieda brilliant brunette range. I usually don’t buy them as they are a bit expensive but I bought them at Boot’s who were having an offer whereby you could buy 2 John Frieda products for £7.50 which made them much cheaper to buy.
      As with most of these things the products work better when you use them in conjunction with each other and although the shampoo I tried was a big disappointment the moisturising conditioner was really good and helped make my hair look much better.
      You use this conditioner as you would any other conditioner by applying some to your hair and massaging it through and then leaving it for a few minutes for it to get to work. It has been especially designed for people with brown hair to help bring out the multi dimensional tones of brown hair and give it shine to stop it looking so boxy and one dimensional.
      This feels like a nice conditioner to apply to hair as it goes on smoothly and it doesn’t take too much to coat all my hair with it. It washes out nicely and doesn’t leave a greasy residue afterwards either.
      When the conditioner has been washed out and I have towel dried and then blow dried and straightened my hair I think there is a noticeable difference in the look and feel of my hair. It looks shinier and feels so soft to the touch without having any greasiness to it. Dryness is improved and it just looks in better overall condition. I’m not sure I notice any difference in the colour tone of my hair and it doesn’t seem to have a more intense colour but it is definitely shinier and softer.
      Full price this is 8.99 GBP and while I am not sure that this is worth paying for at that price I do like it a lot. The only problem with it is that I can’t see why this is especially for brown hair as it didn’t do anything to enhance the colour but it did work really well as a nice intensive conditioner but I could get that with any decent conditioner that was designed for all hair colours. I would buy it again when it was on offer but only as a conditioner and not as something to bring out tones in my brown hair colour.

• Asus H87M-E / Motherboard / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2014 01:07

Advantages

• brighter
      • stronger
      • faster

Disadvantages

Asus Motherboard Is Faster, Stronger, Brighter !!!

ASUS Motherboard H87M-E is equipped with a 5x H87 Micro ATX resilient protection. Also do not miss the UEFI BIOS that is quite new to me. UEFI BIOS helps us to set the bios becomes easier. UEFI BIOS also makes access to the graphics become more refined. In the UEFI BIOS you can change the name of the SATA ports, see the details of the fan speed, and set the XMP profile, SATA information.
      ASUS 5X Protection
      With 5x protection from asus to keep your PC for maximum performance. Asus uses quality components such as DIGI + VRM. ESD units are tested to rigorous standards that serve to eliminate electrical interference on the motherboard. Asus also uses corrosion shield I / O to maintain the durability of the various damages that may occur.
      Fan Xpert 2
      to control the temperature of this asus motherboard, asus Xpert2 Fan complete with a function to automatically adjust the fan speed. For cooling performance and lower noise levels.
      USB 3.0 Boost
      I think USB 3.0 is already very fast, but ASUS delivers a faster technology called USB 3.0 Boost. Asus claims that the USB 3.0 Boost is able to handle transfer speeds 170% faster than ordinary USB 3.0.

22.07.2014 00:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wasn''t impressed

I have a lot of No7 products due to Boots regularly handing out their signature £5 off vouchers. I obviously have to use them, so I always purchase something new to try out their wide range of products. I am generally impressed with their products but sadly I can not say that about their eyeliner range! I decided to go for an eyeliner because I needed one, I purchased a black one as that is what I always use. They have a large variety of colours available which is great so you have plenty to choose from. Also with the £5 off voucher you are only paying £2 for this product which is a brilliant bargain! But that is where the good points end for me. Even though it is so cheap I would not purchase this again even with a voucher, and definitely not at full price. The reason why I was so impressed with this is because the colour coverage is just so poor. Initially the eyeliner looks really dark and as if it is going to give a nice rich and deep colour, but in reality it does not live up to that expectation. Instead it is very dull and almost grey, when you put it on it looks like it had been applied several hours before hand, which is not a good look! All in all, I would not buy this again or recommend it to anyone. The eyeliner has a very poor pigmentation and there are several products out there that do a much better job.

• Clubs in General / Discussion / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      21.07.2014 23:53

Advantages

• "India on top"

Disadvantages

• "Cook to resign"

India won the test Fawlty!

England have lost only their second ever test match against India at Lords, the previous some 80 years ago. India have only ever one six tests in England and India’s weaker seam attack often sited for their failures in English style conditions. It’s the same in India when England visit as they lose out to India’s spinning pitches. But for captain Alistair Cook it look s grim, picked as captain for his big hundred scoring ability, reason now to drop him after a terrible run of scores. Since 130 v NZ, Cook''''s Test scores: 13, 50, 12, 8, 62, 0, 51, 22, 25, 34, 13, 65, 3, 1, 72, 0, 27, 51, 7, 7, 17, 28, 17, 16, 5,10 and now 22. He may want to stay on until the end of the season but he is no longer affecting results and will have to go. He may well pick up a ‘groin strain’ before next weeks test and have arrest or may even stay and bat down the order.

Lords rolled out its greenest pitch I can remember after the ECB were fined for the dead and low pitch in the first drawn Test at Trent Bridge, somewhat unfair as the TB pitch is always good and this a blip. The feeling was it was flattened out to last five days to put money in the till.

England won the toss and put India in on that treasured green carpet. All touring teams insist on a test at Lords and raise their game accordingly. At 145-7 it seemed to be going to plan but yet again England could not remove the tail. They bowled poorly in the first session and poorly in the last as young Rahane batted through the chaos, putting 90 on with that man Kumar and 50 more with Shami, Rahane unbeaten on 103. India were very happy with 295 all out, Anderson 4-60. Stuart Broad passed 250 test wickets for England and now seventh in the all time list for England test wicket takers.

-The top England wicket takers-

Botham - 383
      Statham - 252
      BROAD - 252
      Hoggard - 248
      Bedser - 236

The wicket wasn’t quite as green but England never looked comfortable. Balance guided them to 215-5 with his second test hundred before all-rounder Plunkett closed the innings on 319 with 55*. It was a small lead and India right in the game, Kumar 6-82 and the first India to take five wickets in his first two tests in England.

India batted better second time around, 95 form opener Vijay guiding them to 235 for 7 and setting a tough total for England to chase, Pajara 43, now the second highest test average of players still playing at 62. 2. 344 is the record 4th innings chase at Lords in Tests, by the mighty West Indian side of Greenwich, Haynes and Richards, 280 the second best. Jadeja (68) and that man Kumar (52) again exposed England’s inability to knock over the tail, 342 all out proved too much and set England 318 to win in four sessions.

England wobbled at 74-4, victory almost there, before Root (66) and Moeen Ali (39) put on 101, Ali going last ball before lunch on the final day, 173-5 and India just ahead. England came out swinging after lunch, Dhoni ordering Istan Sharma to bowl bouncer after bouncer, Prior eventually caught in the deep taking them on at 200-6. England didn’t have the stamina Sharma did and moronically tried to hook him out of the attack, costing three more wickets caught on the hook in the deep. Sharma polished off Broad and Anderson run out and India had won their first Lords Test since 1935. Sharma’s 7-74 is the best bowling figures by an Indian bowler in a test in England.

For me Cook should have gone before the summer started, the 5-0 Ashes hammering the end of his players giving him everything on the field. Kevin Pietersen had split the dressing room and the need for unity over his match winning slogs won out. Without him they have lost seven out of nine tests.

21.07.2014 23:45

Advantages

• "high resolution display"

Disadvantages

Advanced Tablet With A High Screen Resolution

Apple launched the iPad Mini with Retina Display equipped in the screen size and density 7.9-inch screen resolution of 326 pixels per inch, which will make you amazed when saw this iPad screen. Armed with A7 processor chip 64-bit the default Apple will help you access a wide range of applications in the iPad mini with a faster and smoother. In addition to Apple iPad mini with a retina display, iPhone reportedly also uses 5S A7 processor is 64-bit. There are two cameras in the iPad Mini''''s Retina Display, 1.2MP front camera with the power that can be used for video calls and the rear main camera or a camera with 5MP strength with a variety of exciting features that will be met in this mini ipad.
      Make no mistake, the iPad Mini with Retina Display is equipped with wifi and Cellular, so you can browse the internet by using two options, with wifi or your Cellular card.
      There are not yet familiar with the retina display?
      Apple explains Retina Display as LCD display screen capable of super high pixel resolution of 960x640 pixels with a pixel or have 326 pixels per inch (ppi).

21.07.2014 23:40

Advantages

• "Decent longevity "
      • "Nice scent"

Disadvantages

• "A young scent "

A nice weekend scent

I have quite a wide selection of perfumes at home as it seems to be something that I always get for Christmas and my birthday which is always welcome. Particularly since my friends do seem to have excellent taste perfume wise and always seem to pick something I will like.

=== The perfume ===

The scent in this perfume is made up of the following notes:

Top notes of Lemon, Tangerine, Grapefruit
      Heart notes contain blue hyacinth, iris, nectarine, peach flower, red cyclamen and wild rose.
      Base notes of Amber, Honey, Musk

As you can see from the notes above, this perfume has a citrus scent and a musky base. As soon as I spray this on, I get a strong burst of citrus – initially the tangerine but there’s a hint of something almost sparkling which is the grapefruit although It did take me a few seconds to register that the slight ‘sparkling’ scent was grapefruit. The lemon would be the weakest of the top notes but you can definitely detect that it’s there somewhere in the scent.

The heart notes do seem to confuse the fragrance slightly as there are quite a few different scents blended together and while the overall scent is that of something floral, I do struggle to pick out individual scents in this one.

After the fresh burst fades, the scent does deeper into something richer and deeper. After around 10 – 15 minutes I can detect the sandalwood scent with something rich and earthy. When the fragrance has been on the skin for a while, the scent is something rich and deep from the honey and musk in the base notes.

I find that after around an hour, all of the initial fresh scent has faded I find that I am left with a warm, rich heady scent of musk and wood. The scent seems to fade completely after around 4 – 5 hours.

=== Recommendations ===

This scent is described on ThePerfumeShop.com’s website as Adventurous, Iconic and Spontaneous and while I haven’t felt any urges to do spontaneous things while wearing this scent, I do agree that it is an adventurous scent. I would say that this is a daytime scent as it’s quite fresh and light, although the base notes do point to something more sensual. It’s more of a summery scent although I do think this will work in winter as well as a burst of fruity freshness. It does seem to evoke weekends with this scent, so the name is appropriate in some ways in my opinion - it''''s a light fresh scent that just begs to be worn on those lazy, relaxing days.

I also feel this is a quite ‘young’ scent and wouldn’t appeal much to more mature females.

=== Price and Availability ===

Price wise, the scent can be picked up for the following prices:

The Perfume Shop
      30ml EDT 21.50GBP
      100ml EDT 47.50GBP

21.07.2014 23:22

Advantages

• "Pretty lipgloss"

Disadvantages

• Price
      • "Not moisturising"

Superbalm lipgloss is not moisturising, as it claims

Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss

Why did I buy this product?

This is another one that I didn''''t actually buy, but got a free sample of. It came with a magazine so it was really good value for me: I got two, "rootbeer" which is the colour pictured and "grapefruit" - a pale pink colour.

The packaging

This product comes in an ordinary squeezy tube. The lid is a silver coloured which makes it look a bit more upmarket and nicer than some of the cheaper brands. The gloss is easy to apply from this tube as the material is really flexible: I was able to get nearly all of the product out when I finished it. The tip of the tube is angled with a hole in the centre for application, I find it to be a good shape as you can use the flat bit on the fullest part of your lips and the tip in the corners.

The product

I was slightly disappointed with this product: The gloss element is fine, but I don''''t find it any more moisturising than an average lipgloss. Given that the moisturising element is its main selling point, I was rather unhappy with it ( although not as unhappy as I would have been had I paid full price for it!).

Both colours that I have used are nice - the rootbeer one looks quite dark in the tube but is not so dark on - just right. The grapefruit one is very neutral and looks basically like a clear gloss when worn.

The product does not really smell or taste of anything, which personally I like, I''''m not a big fan of fruiting lipglosses.

In terms of lasting power, it is fairly average. In my experience lip glosses never last a particularly long time on your lips. I would say this one needs reapplying every couple of hours or when you eat/drink.

Price and availability

This product is available wherever Clinique products are sold - in Boots and several department stores. At £16 for a 15ml tube it is rather steep in my opinion.

Would I buy it again?

No. If the product could really deliver on it''''s promise it might be almost worth the £16, but as I could get the same effect with a £2 lipgloss, I definitely won''''t be shelling out for this!

21.07.2014 23:00

Advantages

• "Pleasant fragrance"
      • "Strong lasting hold"

Disadvantages

• "Not the cheapest hairspray"

The nearest to big volume hair that I''m likely to get

I recently started to use Got2B 2Sexy spray mousse which I absolutely love. I have very fine hair – and not a lot of it – so any product that helps make my hair more manageable and look thicker is a winner in my book. I needed a new hairspray and on a recent trip to Boots, I spotted the Got2Be 2Sexy spray so I thought I would give it a try.

It promises a lot – ‘the push up or root boost you need to flaunt that sexy, show-stopping big volume hair!’ Well my hair is only going to have show-stopping volume in my dreams but I do think it is a step up from other hairsprays I have used. And so it should at 4.07 GBP for 300 ml which is a lot more than I usually pay for hairspray.

The directions for use are pretty standard: Hold can 30cm away from head and spray generously for x-tra plumped up styles. Use in short bursts. If sprayer clogs, run under hot water.

Like the spray mousse, there is a definite whiff of raspberry as you use the spray. It’s not so strong as the mousse and I find the fragrance quite pleasant. More importantly, the hairspray does work. I use fairly sparingly but I find it really helps to hold my style all day. It seems to make my hair look more glossy so it’s almost like a finishing spray.

I have to admit that I don’t always follow the instructions. For everyday use I tend to spray all over in one long burst after I have completed my styling. This gives a natural looking result. My hair feels quite soft but it does stay in place and the volume I have lovingly created lasts. When I’m going somewhere special and really want to make an effort then I do spray section by section in short bursts. This comes near to getting the effect that previously only my hairdresser can manage which I think it pretty impressive.

Recommended? As you’ve probably guessed, I’m impressed with this hairspray. It gives a great strong lasting holding while still leaving my hair looking natural and shiny. It’s 5 out of 5 from me.

Where to buy?
      4.07 GBP from Boots or 407 Advantage points. It’s also currently on offer at Superdrug. Usual price 3.99 GBP but there is 2 for £5 deal on selected Schwarzkopf products.

21.07.2014 22:52

Advantages

• "Widely available"
      • "Nice fragrance"

Disadvantages

A good value nice tropical fragrance

Whenever I go shopping, I always like to have a quick sniff of any new fragrances that I see, a couple of years back, I spotted this range in Boots and proceeded to spray each one on to me. I really liked the fragrances, but I didn’t buy any. That was until this year in the Christmas sales, I saw that a gift set was reduced and decided to treat myself.

I picked this up as part of a set which included the body lotion too and paid around 20pounds which I think was quite a good deal. You can buy the fragrance alone and it retails for 40pounds for a 75ml bottle although looking online now, it does seem to be a promotion quite a lot, for example Boots are currently selling a 75ml bottle for less than 25pounds in their fragrance sale.

It is also available from most department store and online fragrance shops.

The fragrance comes in a deep purple bottle which is topped with a silver lid which when removed, reveals a silver spray. To the front of the bottle is a big bold yellow number 4 which is printed on the top of an oversized polo pony.

According to Boots, the fragrance is describes as follows:

Top notes – Blood Orange, Cassyrane, Watermelon
      Heart notes - Magnolia Flower, Cristallon, Black Cherry
      Base notes - Cedarwood, Sylkolide, Purple Amber

I must say, this fragrance has quite a tropical aroma to it, on first spray, I notice the watermelon and orange notes, after a short while, this subsides to leave a fragrance what I can describe as a being similar to a bowl of freshly picked berries (strawberries, raspberries and cherries) with a slightly vanilla undertone. I would definitely describe this as a summer fragrance and one that I really like.

I don’t normally go for an EDT as I find that the staying power isn’t great but this is a little different, because it seems to have a few layers to it, by the end of the day, the fragrance is still evident, just with a slightly different format to the one is started with. The staying power is even better when I apply this on the top of the body lotion that I got with the set too.

The Pony Collection was first launched back in 2012 and consists of four difference fragrances, No 1, 2, 3 and 4. All of which have quite tropical and oriental aromas to them. I am looking forward to trying another one of them in the future.

I really love the fragrance and would recommend and I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

21.07.2014 22:33

Advantages

• "Nice photographer"

Disadvantages

Ruined my graduation.

TERRIBLE- literally ruined my graduation!!!! Rude disorganised staff- no queuing system at all- hundreds of people all trying to get their photos at once, priority passes and pre-booked time slots meant absolutely nothing despite paying extra for them. Spent over an hour and a half being pushed & packed against other people so when the time for the photos to be taken came we were hot, sweaty, flustered and really not in the mood. When my Dad told the manager that he thought they would benefit from a queuing system he said "It isn''''t my responsibility, we are all adults, people should queue like adults"... with 600 people graduating in one day plus families I don''''t think that this was a particularly good or helpful management strategy.
      It was 20 pounds extra for the photos to be framed, so I expected the company to mount & frame them. Not the case, after the photographs were taken we had to join another queue where we received our frames only i.e. we will have to frame the photos ourselves when they arrive in the post! Pretty shocking and shoddy all in all. I didn''''t expect to spend my entire graduation afternoon fighting to have 100 pounds worth of photos! Quality of photographs was OK, lighting left a lot to be desired.

21.07.2014 21:59

Advantages

• "Keeps stuff dry"

Disadvantages

• Noisey

Works well and looks stylish

I the last house that my husband asbd I lived in it suffered really badly with damp. It turned out that the damp was a result of insufficient damp courses being put in the walls of our house. We were renting this house and our landlords in their wisdom supplied us with a dehumidifier rather than fixing the cause of the problem.

This dehumidifier is really simple to use. You pretty much just plug in and go. There is a container inside and the dehumidifier automatically shuts off when it is full up. I think that there is also an attachment that''''s you could use with this that enables you to leave it on with a hose coming out but our landlords never gave us this attachment so we couldn''''t try that out. However, the container inside is pretty big and we rarely filled it up.

We found this dehumidifier really noisey. Having never used one previously I don''''t know if it is noiser than others that are available, this humidifier does look quite stylish and we didn''''t mind at all having it out in our house.

Dehumidifiers are as a rule very economical to run. I was worried that we would be spending a fortune running one but I didn''''t notice and difference in our electricity bill. I also did a bit of research on these sat the time asbd apparently they are really efficient. They produce heat and so not only do they reduce the moisture in the air by taking it away they also mildly help to heat your property which is a bonus.

I found that this dehumidifier did help reduce the damp we had but not to a great enough extent to stop us from moving house.

• Tesco Value Swing Bin Liners / Bin / 7 Readings / 5 Ratings
      21.07.2014 21:04

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Not super sturdy"

A simple cheap product

With the introduction of recycling this means that there are a lot less carrier bags in my house as we reuse our nice Tesco bags for life each time we go shopping. This does now mean that instead of having carrier bags to put in our bins that we have to purchase bags for bin liners - I''''m sure there is a potential for a conspiracy their.

So, forced to purchase bags to line this bins wit I refuse to spend a fortune as by design these bags are destine for the rubbish! Tesco value products never fail on price and very rarely are they a disappointing product. These swing bin liners are exactly as expected. They are cheap, they line my bins nicely and they work. As you would expect with a cheap bag they are not the strongest bag in the world. They cannot hold very heavy items and they will break if sharpe items are put in them.

They fit my needs well and I am not disappointed.

• Tesco DF98 Desk Fan / Fan / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.07.2014 20:43

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Keeps you cool"

Disadvantages

Keeps you cool on a summers day

Is has been so hot this summer already my husband and I needed to invest in a fan. Our flat us normally really cool even on a hot day but this summer seems to be exceptional as we have been sweltering.

I love my local Tesco''''s as they literally have everything bad they did not disappoint in stocking fans, this fan cost less than fifteen pounds and it has worked really well for us. The fan has three settings and it''''s really simple to put together and to use - literally pansy one could use this!

The fan can rotate or be put in a stationary position depending on your preference. Generally we have it set to a rotation so that my husband and I both get some benifi from it. Because it is a desk top fan you need to make sure you have somewhere to put it before buying it as a free standing fan would work better if you don''''t have a fireplace or something to put the fan on.

Because this fan is not free standing it means it will be much easier to store away when the cooler weather comes.

The only downside to this fan is that it is noisey. Pone the lowest setting the noise is not too bad but on setting 2 and 3 it is quite loud and takes a little getting used to. This being said I don''''t think this fan is any louder than any other fan that would be available in a similar price range.

This fan has worked at keeping us cool this winter bad the price is cheap so I recommend this product.

21.07.2014 20:28

Advantages

• Funny

Disadvantages

• "Deteriorates through seasons"

A funny show but the first series are the best

This is a brilliant British comedy. When this program first started being made it was completely of it time. Series one was a completely refreshing comedy. The program is based around a group of friends and what they get up to in their day to day lives. The group regularly meet up in their local run down pub, hence the name ''''2 pints of larger and a packet of crisps''''.

The group is made up of different characters, this includes the loveable handsome rogue that everyone fancies even though he us a bit of an idiot, the attractive and funny blonde, a very dippy and slightly annoying lady, and a bickering yet very in love couple. The group dynamic works well as it enables many different scenarios to come up and be believable for the individual characters. There are however some very far fetched story lines and at times the story lines go over from tongue sand cheek to a bit cringey and slap stick. There are also so e very strange specials which seem to have no relevance or place within the series such as a Halloween special they did where they were looking for a murderer. I didn''''t particularly enjoy these specials but my husband dud so maybe it''''s as bit of a ''''boy thing''''.

I found that as the series progress the more and more far fetched things get and less everyday and believable the charaacters become. I seemed to me like the writers could not think of any more everyday topics so they moved on to make it more exciting but I just didn''''t buy it.

• Him & Her - Series 3 (DVD) / TV Series / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.07.2014 20:14

Advantages

• "Super funny"

Disadvantages

Does not disappoint

This is as really funny British comedy. The show follows a young couple and their hilarious friends and family. The show really picks up on modern life and all the little quirks that this involves. The show is really well written with the same charaacters coming in and out. The actors are all really well cast and believable.

The couple are not well off and it shows a real reflection of how young people scrape by and enjoy themselves. The only annoying character is Laura Becky''''s sister. Laura is spoilt and is a character that you love to hate.

I think that''''s my favourite character other than the main couple is the really strange neighbour. He pops up asll the time doing weird stuff even though he is rarely invited (if ever) by the couple round to their flat.

This program does not idealise the young leaving home and having their own flat whilst struggling for employment. On the contrary, it shows that it is really tough and just shows how funny personalities deal with the situations that lots of people face on a daily basis.

Him and Her is a must watch program. As soon as you see one episode you will be hooked so be warned. I would recommend that you watch series one and series two first. This is because all of the series are brilliant. You could go in straight at series three as it is easy to pick up what is going on and to jump right into it. Nobody should deliberate - give this show a go!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown