• Palmolive Shower Gel / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.08.2015 15:27

Advantages

• "Fresh smell"
      • "Rich and creamy"

Palmolive shower gel

I bought this Palmolive natural shower gel from Tesco and paid £1.19 which is less than half the full price so I hope to buy a few more before the offer finishes. I have used Palmolive products for many years including shower gels, bath cremes and soap and have always found them to be very kind to my skin and do a great job.

The bottle is 250ml and made of white plastic and it displays the list of ingredients and instructions for use on the back. It has a yellow lid with a flip tab at the top which clicks back into place securely. The gel is white and is quite a thick creamy consistency but is still fluid enough to be squeezed easily out of the bottle.

I find that I only need about a 10p size of the gel as it is a good quality, and I rub it into a natural sponge for a few seconds which lathers up very quickly. I sometimes use just my hands in the shower and will squeeze a smaller amount onto my hands as obviously the lather doesn't stay on your hands so much and I just squeeze some more out when the lather has all gone.

I find that this gel does really hydrate my skin and my dry skin seems to reduce. I recommend this shower gel for the whole family to use as it is a nice gentle product which you can use every day. It makes my skin feel soft and clean and I highly recommend it.

• Ellesse Vest Top / Sports Clothing / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.08.2015 14:49

Advantages

• "Soft and comforable to wear"

Ellesse vest top

I bought this Ellesse vest top from a local sports top and got it in the sale for £6. I think the full retail price is around £12 so I had a good bargain. It came in sizes small, medium, large and extra large and I chose the medium size. I have got the light grey one but it also came in white, black and pale blue.

It is very soft to the touch and it feels very comfortable to wear. Although it is quite figure hugging it is not tight or restrictive at all and you can't really feel you are wearing it. You could also wear it with a t shirt underneath if you prefer or just on its own. I wear it on its own as I bought it for my yoga classes and it seems to stretch with my body so I am not constricted at all.

It has quite a low scoop to the front of the top and a slight scoop to the back and it really is suitable to wear for any occasion. It is also suitable for all ages as it is not particularly trendy but it is a staple item of clothing which can be dressed up or dressed down to suit the occasion. It washes very well and dries quickly, and best of all it does not need ironing so it is easy to care for.

I would definitely buy another one of these tops, maybe in a different colour, they wash and wear well and are very versatile whilst being styish and trendy

30.08.2015 14:48

Advantages

• "long lasting"
      • "nice smell"

Disadvantages

• none

A nice smelling deodorant

I'm quite late coming to the female lynx party, and while I know women who will happily wear there partners lynx that was never me. When I first saw that they had brought out a female version, I was curious, but not curious enough to try it with the high price tag. It currently retails for around £3.29 for 150 ml, I'm used to paying more like a pound to two pounds for a deodorant. I bought mine as part of a gift set which had been reduced to around £2 for the deodorant and shower gel.

Lynx attract for her is a similar size and style to the male version except it's pink. The can is quite short and fat, it has a twist lid instead of a removable top. To use you simply twist the top revealing the spray push button and press it. I have quite small hands, but I still find it easy to use.

I find the scent quite fresh and feminine, it is quite a sweet slightly flowery smell, but is fresh at the same time. Personally I quite like the scent, it's pleasant without being too strong.

I use this most days, including at work, which at the moment is a nice toasty 43 degrees upstairs. I find this does a good job of stopping me from sweating too much . I usually spray under my arms a couple of times when I get up, and it's rare I need to worry about it again,

Would I buy this again, bearing in mind I'm quite fickle when it comes to deodorant brands. Yes I think I would, although it would probably have to be on offer, although that really goes for any deodorant, I am pleasantly surprised by this one though, especially as I didn't initially expect much from it. But I like the smell, and I think it lasts well, meaning it's surprisingly good value.

Also on ciao

30.08.2015 09:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

would not recommend

iam righting this as a WARNING as there isn't one on the bottle I used the moisturiser as a normal moisturiser with out realising that you can only use it in the shower the next morning my face was red and burning and swollen ended up in a&e would I recommend this product NO

30.08.2015 08:24

Disadvantages

Good

The Kinzu is a great gaming mouse, but for its price, there are many other mice that offer more functionality such as side buttons. Also, most Kinzus have defects that will make one click into a double click, however, SteelSeries will you another Kinzu, though it is a refurbished one.

• Samsung 512 MB DDR 333 MHz / RAM / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.08.2015 08:21

Advantages

• excellent

Disadvantages

Good

Excellent product. Easy install. Work good

30.08.2015 08:04

Advantages

• Quiet

Disadvantages

Quiet

-very quiet, can't even hear them over the stock E8500 CPU fan
      -pushes substantial air for how quiet they are
      -has a 6 year warranty (yep, look on the Arctic Cooling site)
      -extremely easy to install
      -wires have plenty of length and already have adaptors
      -because they use BIOS controlled PWM header, no fan controller is needed, it really works well using this method too

-the only con I have for these fans is related to the installation of them on my Antec Sonata case, I had to remove all of my harddrives to get the one fan installed, but then again, the fault isn't with the fans, it's with the design of the case

Very glad I bought these and gave them a chance. These fans demonstrate you don't have to sacrifice cooling when looking for quiet fans.

• Lenovo G710 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.08.2015 07:08

Advantages

• "Not bad"

Disadvantages

not bad

Graphics are good. keyboard has a good feel about it and although has a windows that I am not use to I like this product.
      Bad points:
      The sound is absolutely appalling. This one factor and the fact that the keyboard is not back lit as many in this range, are lets down what could be a very very good buy.

• HP 2 in 1 Envy 13 j001ng / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.08.2015 07:06

Disadvantages

Good

I actually can't completely understand the final weighted rating parameters and conclusion. If I need to go by the final rating of 77%, I will easily skip it out for something like surface pro or other 80+% tablets, but after seeing conclusion, which states that it is a versatile and good all rounder, I might as well be confused, what is actually good ? And the bad ratings for connectivity s understandable for a normal notebook, but if we see it in hybrid scenario, the standalone connectivity is actually good for end user.

• Acer Aspire 8000 / Desktop PC / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.08.2015 07:02

Disadvantages

Good

To be honest it does not really matter what the name of the pc make is called but what is inside counts.
      This pc is perfect for those who it aimed at. (familys) although it is no super computer it is very able at the needs of a average family. with a AMD duron processor it is more than capable of handling tasks like text and media programs and will run most games.
      BUT it is only a 1 ghz processor which is slightly out dated now, it will do most things you ask of it but if you are a gaming fan dont expect to be blown away.
      i have not actually purchased but used this model. There is nothing more than i can say than average.
      Games played on it run well, with exceptions, slightly jerky at hi res. there are no problems with publishing problems and has sufficient power to multi task.
      value for money is not exceptional, power will be soon out dated no use for extreme gamers. The AMD DURON processor is very reliable.

30.08.2015 04:59

Advantages

• "Not too heavy"
      • "Effective at cleaning teeth and gums"

Disadvantages

A good entry level toothbrush

I have been using this Philips Sonicare toothbrush for almost a year. I purchased it on the recommendation of my dentist.

It is the second electric toothbrush I have owned, the first of which has been lost in the mist of time and several house moves.

The real reason I purchased this is to make my life more simple and easier. As a sleep-deprived parent of an infant, I have discovered that I do not always have the time to undertake my usual oral care regime.

This electric toothbrush makes my life easier and probably cleans my teeth and gums better than when I use a manual toothbrush.

As expected, the toothbrush unit consists of several components: a resting, charging base with a power lead and the toothbrush itself which has a handle that stores the battery, and a removable, changeable head. The unit is fairly robust. The battery lasts close to an hour of active cleaning use. I like that this toothbrush has a two minute timer. The aim is to clean each of the four teeth quadrants for 30 seconds.

I find that the replaceable brush heads are the right softness for me. They are fairly gentle and haven’t seemed to have damaged or worn out my tooth enamel. The brushes are also gentle but effective on my gums.

When I first started using this toothbrush I experienced some gum bleeding. This is because my gums were not in very good condition. However in my subjective opinion they quickly improved over several weeks. Indeed, after three months use my dental hygienist informed me that there was a marked difference.

Finally, this toothbrush is quiet enough for me to use when other household members are sleeping.

Recommended.

30.08.2015 00:07

Advantages

• "Good quality "
      • "Simple clear watch face"
      • "Elegant design"

Disadvantages

• "Clasp comes undone easily"
      • ""

Good watch, shame the clasp isn't more secure

I bought this watch to replace an Accurist watch on which the bracelet had snapped. I wanted a simple but elegant watch which would compliment my other jewellery. The watch comes in an elegant, stylish box & would make a nice present.

The watch initially feels quite solid and well made. The strap is easily adjustable by using a screwdriver to leaver up the catch, which you can then slide along the bracelet to select the right length before flipping the catch back down again.

The watch face is nicely designed. The face has elegant crystal style stones set at five minute intervals, but the face does not have individual minutes marked. This keeps the face from appearing cluttered which is nice. I would have liked the watch to have a second hand, but this is a personal preference and I did know it didn't have one before buying so that isn't a complaint.

So far I have worn the watch every day for five months and it is still looking good with very few scratches. My only complaint is that the watch strap clasp can come undone accidentally, even though it has a double catch mechanism. It has happened a few times now where I suddenly realise my watch isn't on my wrist any more, so far each time it hasn't been far away, but one of these days I'm sure it will fall off & I won't notice it until it is too late. For this reason I only give it 3 out of 5 as I'm so worried about losing it.

• Sennheiser PX100-II / Headphones / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.08.2015 23:42

Advantages

• "Good sound quality "
      • Compact

Disadvantages

• "Can be difficult to fold away"

Great value headphones offering high quality soun

These headphones are one of the cheapest Sennheiser headphones available. However, they offer great quality headphones at an affordable price. If you can't or don't want to use inner ear headphones then these are the best alternative as they are very compact. The headphones are very lightweight and comfortable to wear for long periods.

They come in a sturdy rigid plastic carry case which protects the headphones really well when they are being carried in a bag or rucksack. The headphones can be a bit fiddly to fold up though, especially if you are in a hurry. You have to make sure you fold the arms in the correct orde & overlap them correctly, otherwise they won't fit in the case. The case is well designed though not to put a strain on the cables, particularly where the jack plug connects, which I have seen is a weakness with other folding headphones, resulting in the wiring breaking.

The sound quality from the headphones is really good considering the price. They can be a bit leaky though for others around you, for example when I use them to watch TV on my computer my partner can hear every word of what I am listening to.

The headphones are very sturdy and robust, they are definitely built to last. They also look a lot more expensive than they are. Overall, these headphones offer the sound quality that Sennheiser are famous for, at a very affordable price. I would recommend purchasing these headphones.

29.08.2015 23:37

Advantages

• "Gentley removes all make up"

Disadvantages

• NOn

Gentle make up remover

I like Clarins products and have always found them to be good quality and kind to my skin. I find that a proper make up remover like this one removes my make up quickly and easily. This 100ml bottle of Gentle make up remover lotion currently costs £14.50 but you can get it cheaper online.

It has a dual action formula whilst still being gentle and it conditions your skin as well as cleansing. The bottle is clear plastic so you can clearly see how much liquid is left and it displays the usual ingredients, contact details and instructions for use.

To use I will tip the bottle onto a cleansing pad or ball of cotton wool and then wipe it gently over my eye area. I find that I don't have to apply much pressure as the liquid seems to do the work removing my make up including liquid eye liner and waterproof mascara. I find that I only have to use a small amount and it seems to spread out so it really is good value and also it doesn't leave any smudges or little bits of mascara like some others I have used. It does have an oily feel when you apply it and I find that I need to wipe it off completely otherwise it can leave an oily film on my skin but you only need to wipe the area with a clean part of the pad or cotton wool and it comes off easily. It is fragrance free and is suitable for sensitive skin and I have always found it to be very gentle leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth.

I do really like this eye make up remover and will always buy one when I have a voucher even if I have one on the go as it lasts a long time and it does a very good job of removing my make up leaving my skin feeling clean and fresh. When I use this product I never find any traces of make up on my pillow in the morning or underneath my eyes, so this is definitely recommended by me and well deserves five stars.

29.08.2015 23:33

Advantages

• "Softens and moisurises"
      • "Absorbs easily"

Disadvantages

Intensive care for your body

I bought this Vaseline Intensive Care body lotion from Tesco and paid £2.50 It is a 250ml bottle which is in a white plastic bottle and it has a flip top. It smells lovely and light and also fresh and clean. The cream is white and it feels quite light but it has a richness which you can feel when you rub it into your hands and body, however it doesn't feel greasy or sticky at all.

To use the lotion I will press the pump until I get a blob around the size of a ten pence piece and I will usually start with my legs and feet and then move up to my arms and shoulders. I will repeat this once or twice more until I am happy that I have covered all the areas which need moisturising. Obviously as I am using my hands to apply the lotion they get the most coverage and I will just make sure that I rub some of the lotion onto the backs of my hands.

The lotion seems to absorbs quickly without too much rubbing and my skin feels very soft and hydrated immediately. I have never had any greasy feeling left on my hands or felt that I can't touch anything afterwards without leaving behind any remnants of cream and in the colder weather when I am wearing gloves I find I can put them on straight away.

This lotion is ideal to use daily to protect and moisturise your skin and I can definitely say that my skin feels very soft straight away and this feeling remains for a long time after using it. I have been using this lotion now for several months and still have around half of the bottle left so it is good value. This is a lovely everyday lotion and I do recommend it to others.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown