Welcome! Log in or Register
  • Sort by:
    • More +
      20.12.2014 21:45
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

My absolute favorite bath bomb from lush EVER.

The Lush golden wonder is a holiday edition bath bomb from Lush as you can probably tell it's a Christmas season bath bomb. I was purchasing products for family members and decided to get myself an early Christmas present. So many things attracted me to the golden wonder bath bomb, I was intrigued by the style and design of the bomb, the fact that it was a Christmas one got me excited and the gold colour of the bomb looked so nice I couldn't wait to run home and drop it in the bath tub.

I also had to buy this product mainly because the lady at lush told me there is a 'suprise' inside the bomb when it dissolves in the bath and it rattled when i picked it up and shake it, so that was really unique and exciting. Really good for buying as a gift to some one or just for yourself. It has a really strong citrus smell to it also.

I was even more suprised when i got it home and put it in the tub because it first started off fizzing yellow which then turned to a crazy dark blue colour, I had no idea it was any other colour but yellow and then it split in half and started releasing a pink colour i love it so much because it really does a lot more than some of the other bath bombs at lush and it is such a surprise when the bomb starts changing colours and breaking apart. Really excited just writing this review because it was so amazing.

Just when i thought it couldn't get any better I noticed little confetti silver stars start to rise up in the bath which must have been the surprise in the middle of the bath bomb such a great touch and really quite amazing. I LOVE THIS BATH BOMB LUSH!!!

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • More +
      20.12.2014 21:44
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Lots of fast paced dance tracks."

Disadvantages

• "Some cheesy ballads"

.A Super 1980's Dance Album

This album was released at the tail end of the 1980's and it's a dance music classic, more so for those who experienced the hype around the group during this period. The London Boys were a high energy dancing duo with fantastic looks and passionate vocals singing tracks written and produced by German Ralf Rene Maue, whose association with Pete Waterman's Hit Factory helped propel the pair into the charts.

The album contains 12 tracks with a mix of thumping club dance songs and cheesy pop ballads. The stand outs on the album include their hits 'London Nights' and 'Requiem'. The latter track is my particular favourite as it has a slightly dark feeling to it that distinguishes it from any similar dance tracks at the time. It is actually mixed with Gregorian chants which gives the track a very strange and spiritual feeling despite it having a typical 1980's synth beat. It also uses a spoken rap style chorus. It's a powerful, haunting and unforgettable song.

There are a lot of fun tracks on the album such as 'The Midi Dance', an anthem to having a good time as well as 'Kimbalay Ma Ma Mama Say' which has a jaunty rhythm which hits every inch of your body.

The softer tracks on the album aren't as powerful and are a little bit corny and overly sentimental. It's the kind of stuff that would only very young kids today would appreciate. A particularly nauseating ballad dedicated to 'Sandra' is perhaps the lowest point of the album.

A lot of the tracks carry some very powerful messages and one that has always stuck with me since my youth is 'Harlem Desire' in which the duo sing about a desire for inner city peace and for re-education of youngsters indoctrinated into gun violence. The song is a real belter and it makes you want to sing, move and change the world!

Sadly, The London Boys did not have a long career and their lives were cut short not long after having top ten success with several of the singles from this album. It's an album I love to play and I would hope that young people are still discovering it today.

Comments

• Lush Sexxx Bomb / Bath & Shower / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      20.12.2014 21:29
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Love it, fizzy delight.

One great ballistic in my opinion. I purchased my sex bomb bath bomb from my usual local lush store on a haul if I'm honest along with a bunch of other product I had purchased. I decided to buy this bath bomb due to the color alone as I usually buy based on scent and price. The sex bomb bath bomb I purchased was a lovely lilac and pink colour meshed together.

The sex bomb ballistic has a max of Jasmine, clary sage, ylang ylang and soy milk. The soy milk helps the skin to soften and to produce a milky texture to the bath which helps separate the colours with in the bath which I think is really impressive plus who doesn't want to bath in soy milk? I love the blend with in this bath bomb the jasmine and ylang blend so well together producing such a sweet strong smell. I found this bath bomb dissolved very quickly compared to others and didn't have as much fizz on contact with the water and I love my fizzy bath bombs so thumbs down for that.

When the bath bomb dissolves you are left with a rose pettle which I think is a cute addition to the bath bomb but really has no point in being there, most products from lush in bath bombs have a purpose such as sea weed to help the skin, sea salt to smooth skin but this pettle.. not so much? But cute touch. The bath water quickly changes to a smooth light pink which I love so much. Beautiful scent that lingers which I appreciate. Bought at the price of £3.20 great price!

Comments

• Lush Butterball Bath Ballistic / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      20.12.2014 21:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

great product!

I am a complete 'Lushie' and have probably tried almost every bath product they sell. The lush butter ball bath bomb is one of my favorites. At first I didn't find this bath bomb very exciting compared to others it just looked plain and boring but I had to buy when I found out it was Vanilla scented! I love vanilla scented every thing. The bath bomb is completely white, rounded and quite small compared to other bath bombs.

The bath bomb has cocoa butter in which is great for the skin and moisturizing so this was great to bath with because it made my skin so smooth and the scent of vanilla and cocoa butter lingered on my skin, one of my favorite products is cocoa butter and I was told that's why its called 'butter ball' just thought I'd mention that.

The bath bomb it's self once put into the bath tub turns the water a milky white colour and I can't help but feel so relaxed and calmed when i get into the milky white water in the tub, I feel like cleo patra! The product has bit's inside - not quite sure what the bits where so sorry I can't comment on that aspect but the bath bomb is a real fizzer in the tub and creates lots of bubbles when applied whilst the tap is still running.

The scent is so beautiful the vanilla really smells so sweet and last's so long on your skin and makes your body so soft due to the cocoa butter ingredient, this product helps people with dry skin also but can be used for anyone, I personally have bad dry skin and this bath bomb didn't really do much for the dry skin but that's the only bad thing I can say about the bath bomb. Costs £2.25 in stores so cheap but relatively a small sized bomb so hence the low price.

Comments

• Lush Big Blue Bath Ballistic / Bath & Shower / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      20.12.2014 21:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

Big blue lush bomb

The Lush big blue bath bomb is one of those 'exactly what it says on the tin' products, its a bath bomb from Lush and it's blue which most people have probably gathered. The bath bomb contains small bits of sea weed and sea salt and is quite a large round bath bomb. It contains three different types of oils - lavender oil to relax, lemon oil to clear the mind and see weed and sea salt to soften the skin as I was told in the store when purchasing.

For people who don't know what a bath bomb is or how it's used - you run your bath and add the bath bomb to the water either whilst it's running or when the tub is full, its completely up to you, you then can either use the whole bath bomb in one go by adding it to the water or separate parts and use on separate occasions.

On contact with the water this bath bomb instantly turned the water a bright blue colour which looks so pretty and relaxing when in the bath, it also fizzes and bubbles for a very long time and took me around 5 minutes before the bomb had completely dissolved. The smell that the bath bomb gave off was a really fresh and very powerful scent of lavender. It lingered on my skin for such a long time and I didn't have any problems with this bath bomb staining my tub like other bath bombs Ive had from lush in the past.

I bought this from my local Lush store for £3.20, i think it's a relatively decent price as you can seperate the bath bomb into many parts and use about 4/5 times like I did instead of using all at once, it is hard trying to seperate the bomb as it's stiff but i had no problem cutting it with a knife.

Comments

• My Top 10 Beauty Products / Discussion / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      20.12.2014 19:29
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

My Top ten beauty products

1. Pore professional Primer by Benefit- This has to be my favourite ever primer, ive tried lots of primers but none of them are as good as the benefit one. You only need a tiny amount to cover all of your face. The primer has a nice smell to it which isn't to strong and it also makes my make-up go on flawlessly.

2. W7 in the buff eye shadow palette - This make-up palette is excally like the Naked 2 but for a fraction of the price. The palette comes with a mixture of glittery and matte eye shadows, my current favourite is Dust which is a gold glittery colour.

3. Vaseline original - Without this product i would constantly have dry lips!

4. Barry m nail varnish - I love Barry m's nail varnish as they come in so many different shades, the nail varnishes also have a very long lasting time.

5. MUA lipstick shade 11 - It still shocks me that the MUA lipsticks are only a pound when there so amazing, especially the shade 11 which is a dark pink colour.

6. Batiste dry shampoo - This dry shampoo is so helpful on the days where i don't have time to do much with my hair. It gets rid of grease from your hair while adding volume. I would really recommend you try it.

7. Collection Lasting perfection Concealer - Lots of people talk about this concealer buts its no surprise as its works amazingly for the price. I've tried dearer concealers but none of them have a good enough coverage.

8. Rimmel London stay matte powder- This has been a favourite of mine for quite a while. The powder does what it says in the name, it makes your face stay matte all day long while making your make=up stay on.

9. Simple Moisturiser- I love applying this moisturiser on in the mornings to wake me up. The moisturiser is not too thick which is what i like so much about it as with other moisturisers they can sometimes feel very heavy on the skin.

10. Eyeko skinny black eye-liner - Many people rave about this eye liner. The eye-liner lasts on your skin all day long and the brush is also small which helps you to apply it as flawlessly as possible.

I hope you liked my top ten beauty products :)

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 17:12
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

grapefruit smelling gel

The happy hippy shower gel is a fruity shower gel it has fresh pink grape fruit juice and grape fruit water in the product along with other different oils. It has a really tangy zesty sweet smell to it and I really enjoy using this shower gel in the morning when I have a shower because the smells really wake me up it's so invigorating.

The happy hippy is a clear yellow type liquid and the way I use this is by simply squirting a tiny bit onto a luffer scrubber and lather it up. I find I only need to use a tiny bit because it lathers up so much and is enough to cover my entire body. A 250ml costs me £5.95 and last's me around 6 weeks which is great value for money and just goes to show how so little can last such a long time and it's such a small price to pay for an amazing product.

I also found the product has a lingering effect on my skin for hours after a shower.. I expect this from lush though because almost all there product have great smells that last long on the skin. On the bottle it says 'the ultimate gel to keep you up in the morning' and it really does, I love using this product in the morning it smells so great and wakes you up with the sweet citrus scent.

Over all opinion - lovely smell, great product for morning showers or baths and lasts so long only needing a small amount per wash.

Comments

• Lush Skin Drink / Skin Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      20.12.2014 16:53
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

not a brilliant scent but worked a treat

The skin drink is a skin moisturizer for all skin types and what it does is sinks into your skin in order to revitalize skin cells and prevent the skin from drying out. I bought this product and found it so helpful during the summer time when my skin is at it's driest and causes my skin to flake. I found the product put so much moisture back into my skin and made my skin appear much smoother and healthier.

The skin drink is of a light brown almost a beige coloured cream and much thicker than most other moisturizers from Lush, I bought myself a tub that was £10.95 for a 45g tub which wasn't much really and I thought this product was quite pricey. Although I do love this product I have to say the cream was very oily and heavy I prefer my creams to be light on the face and the oily greasy texture did sometime cause my skin to become quite greasy looking afterwards which was the downside to this product.

Some people may like the more oily products especially for skin in order to redirect moisture back into the skin, but personally I found that it made my skin have a greasy appearance and took a lot of washing to take this out of my face. Although I was happy with the end results of the product I probably wouldn't buy again for this reason.

The scent is also pretty bad as well, I wouldn't have bought the product if It was down to smell because I thought it smelt like mushrooms and bad food you really don't want your skin to smell like this.

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 16:51
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Great products for a great price"
      • "Great for sensitive skin"

Disadvantages

Baisc product with best results

I normally purchase from the Simple range and when they didn't have the facial wash I was looking for this was recommended by a member of staff.
      I did try and was so surprised at how good it was. A basic looking range I probably would not have tried if not pointed out to me
      The product really lifted the dirt that had built up through travelling in London and removed the makeup to leave my skin feeling refreshed, cleansed and ready for another day.
      I would highly recommend this product for those that have sensitive skin as this didn't aggravate my skin at all or cause any blemishes. I let the product sink into my skin a bit longer than normal to really work this in thinking I might need too, but this is a dermatological tested product and it still left my skin soft and not dried out at all.
      The price was only £1.50 on offer in boots and there is a cream to apply if you want to get the whole treatment but this alone was well worth it from Boots.

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 16:42
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

lovely face scrub

The angels on bare skin is a cleansing scrub product that comes in a tub container the weight I bought was 100g for around £6.50. I wanted something that would really clean the skin on my face and the woman at Lush told me this was the best product for me that would suit my needs. The cleansing scrub promotes the removal of dry skin and cleansing. I personally loved this scrub for my dry skin.

The product it self smells like lavender and has small amounts of lavender in the scrub mix. The scrub is a sandy golden brown colour and has a really rough sand and gritty crumbly texture to it and this I found really helped to get down into my skin and clean out my pours and removed dead skin cells visibly on my face. Once you mix the product with water it becomes more of a soft watery consistency which is then much easier to apply to the face.

I found this product a treat, it left the skin on my face in much better condition, it does exactly what it says on the tin by clearing up and helping dry skin on the facial area. It wasn't to rough on the face and didn't leave my skin red and sore to the touch like other facial scrub products have done in the past which I really admired and the smell was so beautiful and sweet, the lavander wasn't to strong and didn't cause any irritation to my facial area. It's also so easy to remove from your face.

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 16:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Another great product from the clear difference range.

This is a part of the'CLEAR DIFFERENCE' range from Estee Lauder and is a product that I find has really helped balance my skin and reduce the blemishes.
      I must confess I've never tried gel's before simply because it seems to me that it would clog up oily or spot prone skin. However, this really calmed my skin and tightened up pores without drying out my skin.
      The product has a cooling effect and I found you only need a small amount of the gel to apply to your skin, it sinks in really well, with warm water rinse and feel the difference in the oil control on your skin after just one wash.

The product is not the same as the others in this range, which is a white liquid form but this looks almost like an exfoliator and not the greatest of looking products in colour but it is really effective from a great brand.

Comments

• Lush Ultrabland / Skin Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      20.12.2014 16:32
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

brilliant product.

The Lush ultra bland is a cleansing balm and it's purpose is to moisturize and promote healthy skin eliminating dead skin cells on the facial area or any other body area you want to use it on, but this was suggested to me for my facial area. You apply the ultrabland by simply either steaming your face first or washing your face with a wet rag or face towel, then you apply the cream to your face, any where you want I was told in the Lush store you can apply this cream around your eye area and there will be no irritation which is great.

You take a rag and wash or wipe the cream off when you are finished after leaving the product on your face for around 10 to 15 minutes. It really easy to use and so simple to apply and remove the cream, it doesn't dry stiff to your face like some creams tend to do and leaves your face feeling so fresh and soft to the touch which is why I really rate this product a five dooyoo stars.

It's a great product for people who have sensitive skin like me as it's not perfumed cream and it is really subtle and light on your skin. It's also great for dry skin which is another problem the cream promotes, I suffer really bad dry skin in areas around my brows and nose line by using the product it has worked wonders on my skin.

It has a really delicate scent to the cream which is brilliant because you don't want anything to harsh for your face, it has beesewax in the cream and this really helps to pull out all the bad stuff in your pours and clear your skin up nicely. This product comes in a tub and is a white colour with creamy thin texture which makes the cream easy to spread across the affected skin area. The cream costs £10.75 for a 100g pot but can be bought in smaller sizes for cheaper.

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 15:58
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "The plants are very healthy"
      • "They are easy to grow"
      • "They grow very big and beautiful sunflowers"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Suttons giant sunflower seeds

WHAT IS IT?

These are seeds that you plant to grow large yellow sunflowers.

HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

You plant the seeds into your garden as soon as it has stopped being frosty at night. You can start off your sunflowers in pots but I think it is better to plant them straight out into the garden because if you have to take them out of the pot when they have started growing then you might damage the plant or give it stress.

They need to be planted in an area that has alot of direct sunshine and the roots spread on a healthy plant so you should take some time to prepare the soil before you plant the seeds.

WHAT I THINK

My children like to grow sunflowers in the summer and I am happy for them to do it because I think they make the garden look very beautiful and teach my children a little bit about nature also. Last year I bought the seeds from a company that is called Suttons but I have bought them from many other companies in the past and chose Suttons only because I was placing an order with them.

The seeds grew fast because we had alot of sun in the spring and our sunflowers bloomed a little bit earlier than usual also. The flowers were very large and the plants grew so that they were very tall and one of them reached as tall as 10 feet tall. The plants were all very healthy and I was happy about that, we planted ten seeds last year and we had nine plants and I think that is very good because the tenth only only did not grow because my husband bent and damaged the stem one day when he was watering the garden.

ANYTHING ELSE

A packet that has got 50 sunflowers seeds in it costs £1.99 and I think that is value even though we did not need so many seeds.

5 Dooyoo Hearts.

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 15:16
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Holds its value"
      • "Carrycot for overnight sleeping"
      • Basket
      • "Folds fairly easily"
      • "Steers well"

Disadvantages

• "Not for cars with smaller boots"
      • "Quite expensive"

Marymoose's perfect travel system!

I think that by far the most stressful aspect of pregnancy was choosing which pram to get. There is just so much choice, and there is no one pram which is perfect for everything. We spent several hours in the local pram shop, and I spent many many hours researching on the Internet. In the end we chose the Uppababy Vista, it had absolutely brilliant reviews on Which, and it seemed that it would suit our needs.

The pram has an extendable handle, so is ideal for people of different heights to push. It is easy to get up and down kerbs, and easy to steer - you can either have the wheels locked, or unlocked for more manouverability. Although I have mostly walked on pavements, to town and back, it is also good on other surfaces such as grass and gravel. It seems to give a pretty smooth ride.

One reason for getting this travel system was that the carrycot (with mattress) was suitable for overnight sleeping. This meant that we could use it when we went away, and also have it downstairs as a bed for daytime naps. We really couldn't have coped without it. It was especially useful being able to carry it into the house with him still asleep in it after being out for a walk. I really am going to miss this so much.

Now that Cameron is 6 months old we have just removed the carrycot part, and are using it as a pushchair. This is going to take some getting used to, but I'm confident that it will work well for us. At the moment we have the seat facing me, but as he gets older he will face the world! We hope it will last until he is over 3.

Underneath there is a large basket (for changing bag, shopping etc). This has always been useful, but with the carrycot part it was quite hard to get to. Now there is more space for me to put things.

Like with any pram/pushchair, folding it has a knack, but I learnt it pretty quickly. With the pushchair on it does fold (obviously not with carrycot on) but not that small. For those with smaller car boots, the wheels do detach, but that's not really ideal - check before you buy if it will fit.

There is absolutely loads more I could say but the word limit makes it impossible to do it justice.

When we bought it the rrp was £620, which included pushchair and pram, and raincovers. However. we bought it online for £650 (I think) which also included Maxi Cosi car seat, car seat adapters (to attach to travel system, which is very useful when we are out in the car and stopping somewhere briefly), mosquito nets (!!!), a changing bag, and a suit to wear while in the pushchair. It also sells quite well second-hand!

5 out of 5 stars from me and Cameron.

Comments

• More +
      20.12.2014 15:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Please delete

I have put my review in the wrong place

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66557