28.03.2015 22:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

Stick with me, we'll go far.

I purchased this when I had short hair many moons ago and used it whilst my hair was growing out, so whether you have long or short hair, this is something that might just interest you so stick around:)

This is extreme stuff that almost, almost didn't feel like hairspray but something more damaging.

I was firstly surprised that this came out more as a mist than a spray. It suggests you spray from a distance of 30cm, but that meant the mist fell flat straight down as it left the can. I felt I needed to bring it nearer but then that runs the risk of the heaviness of this product.
      Once the product is on, act fast leave it to long to style your hair and it sticks to your hair like glue and won't budge for toffee.

This was so sticky even after the mist had settled on my hair, it was almost like touching a spider's web as the touch really did mimic that effect and it shimmered once applied but then looked oily.

If you are going on to a rock concert or something along those lines, this would most definitely last you all night long as you rocked along. There is no way on this earth that the style or spiky look you create will diminish.
      However if you have long flowing locks this will not help your hair in any way look sleek and fly away but it could hold your style in all day but then you run the risk of it turning oily in your hair and washing it out... you need to be thorough and make sure the shampoo and conditioner has EUCALYPTUS in, as this will help lift the roots and cleanse the scalp and also remove all the product build-up in your hair.

This is for those who can handle it. I can't{

• Watch Dogs (PC) / PC Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 22:32

Advantages

• "Good story"

Disadvantages

• "Cannot run DX10 :("

Not bad - Not good

This would be great game..... If I would be able to play it with DirectX 10 :P

• ARC Mouse Mac/Win USB Port / Mouse / Trackball / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 21:45

Advantages

• "Magnetic spot underneath to hold receiver"
      • "Folds for easy transport"

Disadvantages

• "Just has the basic buttons"
      • "Doesn't feel as comfortable as it could"

Not bad, but could be more comfortable.

I used this mouse for around a year, although I did like it a lot I felt that I never quite got used to the feel of it in my hand. My old mouse was an Intellimouse Explorer 2, with a leather covering, and it just felt so much more comfortable than this.

I thought it felt like it was more for occasional use than for the frequency that I used it. The folding action is beautiful though, and I found myself clicking it open and closed when bored, or any time I had a few spare seconds (While installing programs, downloading things, etc.). The soft rubber feel of the mouse is really nice as well. I wouldn't advise anybody not to get this, but I'd definitely say to give it a try in a shop first as it's not for everybody. I'd probably say it's for more casual users. The included pouch for transporting the mouse was very nice too, and the action of the mouse sliding over the desk, or any surface... It was smooth as butter. Opening and closing the mouse switches it on and off too, which is a clever idea. Folding it is so addictive that I don't think I ever forgot to turn it off.

The lack of extra buttons was disappointing as well. I use Adobe Photoshop a lot and I like assigning buttons to zoom in/out and for various other things. It has a good solid click to the buttons that are there though, and a good scroll wheel which doubles as a middle click button.

28.03.2015 21:35

Advantages

• "Beautifully designed bottle"
      • "Ideal for a range of occasions"
      • "Beautiful fruity / floral scent"

Disadvantages

• "Not what I enjoy personally"

Floral yet fruity scent: ideal for a range of events from casual to dressy!

'Aura' is a beautiful fragrance designed to be worn by women from the designer house of Swarvoski, described by them as ‘an incandescent fruity floral which is centred around a prism of energy’. It was first launched in 2011 and I have worn and owned it a few times since then, but it wouldn't be my first choice of perfume although it is lovely and ideal for a range of occasions.

It is currently available on Amazon for £60 although usually retails at around £70. For this price you get a beautiful bottle which consists of 75ml of this gorgeous scent, of which is quite pricey and I suggest buying it instore as to avoid disappointment if it doesn't smell to you as described online.

The scent contains a mixture of different smells - it definitely is never dull although is never massively strong and sweet either, but I receive endless compliments on it when I'm out. Some of the most significant scents involved include amber, benzoin and white musk, as well as roses and pink pepper.

The bottles are carefully and beautifully designed in a combination of glass and metal, 'cylindrical in shape and topped with asymmetrical Swarovski crystals.' I really found this the most attractive aspect of the perfume and probably one of the factors which pushed me to buy it most for the first time, aside from the fact I also received a bottle for Christmas in 2013.

It is ideal to be worn for casual use e.g shopping or events such as weddings and christenings. I have worn it for both and received compliments all round!

I would suggest 100% trying it instore before buying to avoid disappointment. It's not what I'd go for personally but I do and have worn it on several occasions when I've been without other perfumes.

• Wildside Salmon Training Treats / Other Pets / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 21:22

Advantages

• "Ideal sizes for big & small dogs"
      • "My dogs really enjoyed them"

Disadvantages

• "Really bad smelling"
      • "Expensive - only 85g of treats"

Delicious treats, just not a delicious smell or price!

I bought these for my dogs as something new - and they loved them - however I wouldn't purchase again!

Firstly, they're expensive. I had an Amazon Voucher of £20 from Christmas I hadn't spent, and so bought these treats as part of my purchase, taking up almost half of the voucher. At £8.85 I really wouldn't be interested in buying them again - they didn't work any 'miracles' as I was hoping. And for 85g, it's just unrealistic.

Secondly, they smell really bad. I expected no different from salmon treats but these even stank through the bag and eventually also a sealed plastic container - not the kind of smell I want in my home.

My dogs did really enjoy them though, but this was also a bit of an issue as they were too distracted by the smell of them to concentrate on whatever I was trying to teach them at the time, and wouldn't do it as well as they did when I simply gave them small plain biscuits.

It's really interesting though how they're completely natural, and the salmon pieces originate from Alaska. I found this quite a cool aspect but not what pulled me to buying them - it was interesting to have them in the house though, knowing they'd came from such a long way.

The design of the treats was ideal though, as they basically came in small cubed squares. They were the perfect size for my little Yorkshire Terrier but also provided a light snack for my Golden Retriever.

I wouldn't buy them again, though they're a great product for dogs if you don't mind the smell of salmon.

• Pet Naturals Earwash For Dogs / Dog Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 21:10

Advantages

• "Pleasantly scented"
      • "Not too expensive"
      • "Natural ingredients!"

Disadvantages

Ideal for use alongside other ear cleansing products!

Pet Naturals wasn't a brand I was familiar with until this product, and since using their Natural Earwash I would recommend any of their products simply based on the quality of the one I purchased.

I thought pricing was very fair - I paid £9.99 for a 125ml bottle of which has lasted months and months, only being used every other week. I have repurchased several times and find my Yorkshire Terrier benefits greatly from having her ears cleansed with this earwash, as she has pointy ears and is therefore more prone to dust and irritation. I use a combination of a few products for her as her ears are so sensitive and go red inside if not tended to regularly, but I use this every other week once just to vary it up.

It's very easily applied - I simply pour some liquid from the bottle onto a cotton bud and use this to gently cleanse the rim of her ears. She seems to quite like this product and doesn't mind the smell as it's quite pleasant - some others can cause her to run away when the product is brought out but she comes bounding over and is more than happy to have applied this one!

I really liked how the product was 'natural' as it was named, as the ingredients showed. Most of them were based off plants and herbs, and none contained anything that is harmful for the dog's wellbeing or irritability.

My only complaint with the product is that it dries almost instantly as the texture is literally watery liquid. But it absorbs very quickly into my dog's ear and we have to reapply it to the same area 2-3 more times to make sure the full effect is gotten.

Otherwise though I love this product and the brand and would recommend it 100%! It's tiresome having to work so hard to keep Lolly's ears clean but products like this make it all worth it.

28.03.2015 20:56

Advantages

• "Great if you love a strong apple smell"

Disadvantages

• "It's not a very effectiev conditioner"

No thanks, I prefer to eat my apples

I buy a lot of stuff from Home Bargains and the other week they were selling off their Alberto Balsam Green Apple conditioner. I bought one bottle as even though it was only 79 for a large 400ml bottle I had never used this before so I wanted to see what what was like before I invested in any more. I have to say, I have used it quite a few times now, and so has my hubby but neither of us have been very impressed wit this, It is fairly useless as conditioners go in that it does not de-tangle my hair at all well.

Added to this, is the fact that it feels quite runny and it leaves a sticky kind of residue on my hair even after i have stood under the shower for ages trying to rinse it of. The smell of very overpowering too and though I knew it was going to be green apples, this is like "in your face" apples gone mad!

I have also tried to use this hopeless conditioner on my daughter's hair which is long and curly and it has resulted in tears before bed time as I simply cannot get the comb through her hair after I have used this after shampooing. It really isn't something I could recommend as it simply doesn't do what it is supposed to do. I am also really rather surprised and disappointed by this as I have used a lot of hair products in this range before and whilst some of them have been better than others, none of them have been quite as useless as this one.

28.03.2015 20:46

Advantages

• "No nasty addistives"
      • "Kind to skin"

Disadvantages

• "None for me "

Kind to skin and so so special

I have lately become quite addicted to Faith in Nature products and one of the things I am using this week is called Faith in Nature Raspberry and Cranberry Foam bath. I bought this product direct from the company and I paid £4.99 for a 400ml sized plastic bottle. I bought quite a few things at the same time as this way I got free delivery – so even better.

You can buy this in huge plastic containers but mine is only 400ml in size and it has a green flip off lid to make dispensing it easier.

What I didn’t realise about this product, until I bought it, is that it also can double up as a shower gel. I have use it in the shower a few times now and it foams up really well, leaves me skin feeling tingly and refreshed and it rinses off well with no sticky residue. It leaves a gorgeous fresh and fruity smell to my skin for hours after I have used it. It is full of all natural ingredients and for this reason I use it in the bath for my daughter and she has really super sensitive skin yet it does not adversely affect it at all.

For anyone who might be interested, the full list of ingredients are as follows:

Aqua, Ammonium laureth sulfate, Maris sal, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Rubus idaeus fruit extract, Vaccinium macrocarpon fruit extract, Vaccinium angustifolium fruit extract, Tocopherol , Helianthus annuus seed oil, Alcohol denat., Parfum, Citric acid, Sodium benzoate , Potassium sorbate, Anthocyanins, Beta vulgaris.

It is perhaps more expensive than some bath gels and shower foams you can get but this one is different as it is super kind to my skin and I know that it has no harmful or nasty additives in it.

I really recommend it.

• Warren Evans / Highstreet Shopping / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 20:42

Advantages

• "Assembled quickly"
      • "Delivered on time"
      • "Good quality bed "

Disadvantages

I'd definitely recommend them

Really happy with our Manhattan Bed from Warren Evans. We took a look in-store at Kingston then bought online for ease but the staff on the phone and in-store were excellent, taking time to answer questions and not to pushy. We're really happy with the bed, it was delivered on time and I got a call 3 days before and an hour before delivery which was very helpful.

28.03.2015 20:32

Advantages

• "nice hight"
      • "lots of things to learn"

Disadvantages

• pricey

A great educational piano for sitting or standing babies

Price and Availability
      I bought this second hand from someone in my mother in laws works for £10. I didn't know how new or old it was at the time but it doesn't seem as widely available as most fisher price toys so I am assuming it is quite old, you can still get it online though from :
      Toys R Us - £39.99
      Amazon - £53.99

Features
      The Piano is the shape of an old fashioned Piano with the wide curved back, it is on three legs with nice wide feed and is very stable, it is the perfect height for babies just learning to stand around 9-18months old.
      The front has the piano with a music book and the back has 4 small things to play with which I will try and explain in more detail soon.

The Piano
      There is a switch on the front so you can change what mode you want the piano in, you have three options (numbers, music notes and a twirl).
      Numbers - When you switch it to number section the piano says 'it's learning time' then you can change the page on the music book to give you more options. The first page makes the keys tell you what number they are, the second page makes the keys do doh, rey, me and the last page makes the keys tell you what colours they are. I think this section is really good as it can be used for leaning all three things which is a lot more than some toys do and it's only one feature of the piano.
      Music Notes -When you switch it to the music notes it says 'its music time' then again you can change the page to change what the keys will do. Page one makes the it sing row row the boat, page two is the tune for insy winsy spider but with a different some about music sang over it, and page three is twinkle twinkle little star.
      Twirl - When you change it to the twirl it says 'lets play' this is basically free piano mode so baby can hit the keys and made some tunes, each page of the music book does have the notes for the songs so you can try and teach baby to play along (although I think that's a bit of an ask for a little baby) or you can play them for him.

As usual this is a much shorted version of the full review

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 20:00

Advantages

• "great value"
      • "running total of price"
      • "easy to use website"
      • "a large range of products"
      • "helpful staff"
      • "constant updates on order progress"

Disadvantages

PC-Specialist don't just beat the competition, They destroy them

I just purchased a new laptop from pc specialist and I am very impressed with it. From the beginning I could see that PC specialist was ahead of the competition because they don't sell their laptops as a fixed entity, their laptops can be customised internally as much as their desktops, a feature most other company's lack. The sheer amount of customisation options available was outstanding and they give you a running total of the price including vat and shipping which I found to be a god send when choosing what I was going to have installed, unlike some companies they don't try and surprise you with hidden fees or delivery charges they are upfront about every cent you are paying. the laptop itself is superb I have not had any problems with it. this laptop has taken everything I could throw at it and come back asking for more. A laptop with the power of mine would cost me an arm an a leg more than I paid for it if had I been stupid enough to go anywhere else. No other company comes close to providing the quality of service PC-Specialist do for anywhere near the price they do, in my mind they are the only choice when buying a desktop or a laptop and I know where I will be sending everyone I know that is in the market for a new machine.

28.03.2015 18:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good but not great.

This is a product that once again, used on short hair, I found not to be of benefit for styling, volume or definition.

This is a look that is obviously more suitable for guys with the whole wet gel look. I have no idea what I was thinking but when I had short hair and wanted that extreme spiky look, that I have now grown out of :) I would try any product going.

This is a gel that you only need a small amount to work into your hair that does lift and hold but when it holds your root or spike, however you intend to style your hair it is really sticky and not the greatest thing to style your hair within summer as the humidity will drag it down and make it look oily by the end of the day.

If you wish to create a spiked up look with that wet look effect this is perfect for that:) Just not the look I wanted. This did make the spike spring back! If you apply pressure to the spikes or style it will reshape to the way you have styled your hair which is good on that front but it just was not a product that suited me personally.
      This smells a little like cologne as well which for me was off-putting and to wash out it look a little more effort due tot he stickiness of the product.

Although this is good I wouldn't personally use it again.

28.03.2015 18:37

Advantages

Disadvantages

Hold? What hold?

I used to have short hair and obsessed with styling it in many different directions, the product claims to help lift and increase volume for those with long locks, but personally knowing what I do, having used this, I don't see how?

You should only need a small amount to work through short hair and allow it to set, which should only take a few minutes, a tip- make sure you know what style you want to create beforehand as it's very difficult to re-work the style with this gum, you will end up washing and re-styling again.

I found that this failed to help add texture or definition to my style instead it made it look that I had almost blended into one cut, it looked strange.
      The product itself is extremely sticky once in your hair and I found this to be terrible when it was warm or humid as immediately it made my hair look oily and limp how it increase volume, I do not know.

I used this for a while before admitting defeat and would add that if you lay down on a couch, for example, it leaves residue that it hard to get off fabric and even pulling a jumper over your head would flatten whatever style you had tried to get this fudge gum thing to do, disappear within minutes.

I really would urge you to look around and try before you buy as I could not recommend this product:(
      It retails at £9 .

• Tigi Bed Head Spoil Me Defrizzer / Hair Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.03.2015 18:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

Work and re-work that style without worry

This fruity little number is great for anyone who battles with tangled hair, frizz out hair or untamable hair.

This is a very good product to work into your barnet after washing, preferably towel dry your hair till it's at least 80% dry and then, applying a generous amount to long hair, not so much for short hair, work this in from root to tip.

Blow-drying your hair for the last part to dry this will soften and smooth your hair like nobody's business!

This brushes through incredibly well, it is not sticky and if you want to restyle your hair but worried about the static, frizz or flyaways, this will help banish those without a doubt.

I will try at least three or four different styles before heading out and all that fussing around s guaranteed to make it look duller or overworked but this worked in will help retain the shine and softness from the wash.
      This will not make your hair limp or oily as some products can do.
      And this smells incredible all night long, the comments I got about my hair was the fragrance it was giving off not the actual style!

I wouldn't say this is a long term treatment for frizzy hair but a 'shot of perfection' for that moment to create a wonderful style that doesn't look like you've spent all day on it.

Long term, this is a great investment as its £9.99 and lasts a long time.

I would highly recommend this product.

28.03.2015 18:17

Advantages

• "Larger pads"
      • "Soft and absorbent"

Soft and absorbent pads

I use a lot of cotton wool pads as I use them for a variety of uses. I am not particularly loyal to one brand but as I do most of my shopping at Tesco I usually buy the Tesco own brand as I have always found them to be good value and similar quality to more expensive brands. This pack of cotton wool pads contains 50 pads but they are a lot bigger then the usual round ones. They are oval in shape and they are double sides, so that you can use both sides which gives them extra value. I last paid £1.20 for these pads but I think I have paid more than this in the past although I can’t be sure.

The pads come in the usual clear thin plastic tube which has a drawstring top which you open to remove the pads. There is a wide blue panel and it tells you how many pads there are and what you can use them for. The pads are about three and a half inches long and two and a quarter inches wide so there is plenty of pad for you to grab hold of. They are made of 100% cotton and they do feel very soft to the touch but they are also quite strong as I have never experienced them tearing or ripping when I am using them.

I use these pads to remove my make up and find that as they are large I only ever have to use one pad at a time. They are soft on both sides so if you did run out of pad you could just turn it over to use the other side. To use I will tip a small amount of my make up remover onto the pad and then rub it around my face. Although they are absorbent in that they retain the removed make up I find that the remover stays on the surface of the pads so it removes my make up easily and smoothly. I will start off removing the make up from my forehead and then work downwards towards my chin and neck area and then finish off with my eye area as this is where the most make up is.

These pads don’t feel scratchy or rough at all and they glide over my skin comfortably. These pads are also great to remove my nail varnish due to the size and again they do a very good job and they never tear while I am rubbing my nails. d nail varnish remover. Although I also usually have the smaller Tesco cotton wood pads I do like these larger ones and at just over 2p a pad I think they are good value and I will definitely buy them again.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown