• Benefit Talk to the Tan / Sun Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.05.2015 23:05

Advantages

• Affordable
      • "Instant Colour"

Disadvantages

• "Not the best colour"

Good tinter moisturiser !

So firstly, this is not an intense tanning system like St Tropez or Fake Bake. This is a product for the face only so it is in a small product. This product doesn't have any SPF so please don't buy this thinking it should be used as a basic moisturiser.
      I will rate this product based on how i rate all of my product reviews- my personal opinion and experience- and what the product CLAIMS to do.

The product is something that you apply to your face if you want a darker tint, bronzer or overall tan. It's quite a multi purpose product in that response- you can use it all over your face- or you can just use it to highlight.

I personally found the colour a little too toffee/orange looking- and it's quite thick. I think that you get a better finish from using a powder bronzer rather than a liquid one- but again- that is down to personal preference.

This product lasts quite well- especially if you put a primer on before. Benefits packaging is always really cool and funky- the tube is quite small but if you are using it for just your face it can actually last quite a while. And it's actually affordable- like most of the benefit range- i think this product would appeal to a younger consumer.

So overall conclusion- it's an okay tinted moisturiser if you want an instant tan- but if you want longer lasting better results try something more intense!

28.05.2015 23:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "no protection"
      • design

Worst case I ever bought

I bought this case few years ago for my iPhone 4 from Amazon. I looked around and I found a recipe from that time which stated the case costed me £1.59. I ordered this case in purple color and received it in post in about three days later. The case arrived together with a screen protector, however the screen protector was useless since it arrived already scratched. That was disappointment number one. Number two was the case itself. Only nice on the case was the vibrant purple color, however it looked very horrible when I put it on the iPhone. The device in the case looked very chunky and cheap and definitely lost its elegance. The next negative point was access to the buttons which was absolutely not easy, sometimes I needed to press multiple times to set up the volume. The case does not hold on the phone steady either. When I carried my phone in my bag the corners of the case slipped out and I was not even using the device!
      I would definitely NOT recommend this case to anybody. The phone looks horrible in the case and it offers absolutely no protection. I know that the price was not high but I can imagine to spend the £1.59 better than on this case.
      I used this case only once and then I threw it in the bin. If you look for a cheap case for your iPhone then there are tons of better cases on the market than this one.

28.05.2015 22:56

Advantages

• "smells great"

Disadvantages

• price

Murad's ultimate moisture cream.

**Please note I posted this here as I already posted the eye cream review in the vice versa situation. If the Dooyoo people want to swap them over then that'd be lovely ;-) **

I found a really good deal online where you got a free bag of Murad skincare to try if you bought one product from the range. I fancied trying a lip cream from the range so bought that and got this product free in the goody bag. The 7.5ml chunky little pot is packed with this really thick face cream and I couldn't wait to give it a try.

First impressions
      The cream is lovely and thick and feels really luxurious to massage in to the skin. It is meant to be used as a day cream, but I find it better for an evening treatment so I can let my skin enjoy the product rather than immediately slapping make up on top.

Price
      A 50 ml pot is £64 on Amazon so this is quite high in the price stakes.

What's special about this?
      Infuses your skin with essential nutrients and deep hydration for plumper, firmer, more youthful looking skin. It is a very rich moisturiser which provides long term relief from dryness without being greasy or heavy.

Specialist skin product?
      This is perfect for even oily and sensitive skin, the velvety formula provides all-day moisture, smoothness and comfort finally leaving skin perfectly polished.

Ingredients
      Key ingredients are Avocado, sunflower and olive fruit oils enhance skin’s ability to retain maximum levels of hydration then Retinyl palmitate and shea butter improve texture whilst restoring natural smoothness and softness. Finally, Collagen support complex boosts skin’s resilience and plumps dehydrated skin.

My thoughts
      This is a lovely cream that smells the best ever I think. It does mention on the label that you need to use a separate sun cream as there is no built in sun factor but as a moisturiser I think it performs really well.

28.05.2015 22:49

Advantages

• "Long Last"
      • "Dark Tan"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't last 2-3 weeks"

Good tan- but doesn't last well for 2-3 weeks as promised

I have tried a lot of fake tanning products so when i saw the Viva La Berta range offering a '2-3 week tan' i had to try it. I was a bit skeptical about trying this because when i have used other fake tans they usually last 5-7 days- with lasting on my body a lot longer than my face.

As far as the tan itself- it definitely competes with the likes of St Tropez, Fake Bake and california tan. This is not a gradual tan- you have to leave it on for 6-8 hours- i usually sleep in it to get the full results (WARNING: IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL GET A SLIGHTLY BROWN COLOUR STAIN ON YOUR SHEETS!!!).

Once you wash it off- it's a deep tan and it looks nice. Now that- you can't argue- but what i will argue is the claim it lasts for 2/3 weeks. I can't see how any fake tan can last for this long- unless your not expected to wash, schower, exfloiate for over 2-3 weeks.

I think after a week of leaving this tan- it starts to get scailly looking and that is not a good look. Saying that- this product did last a little bit longer on my face than what other tans do (probably due to the washing every day) so that is a plus point.

Aslong as you moisturised and exfoliate i would say this product is as good as any on th market but doesn't last 3 weeks!

28.05.2015 22:47

Advantages

• design

Disadvantages

• "not waterproof"
      • "slips from hand"

Phone sock for little girls

I bought this Phone sock for my 9 year old niece. She recently reached the age when she was old enough to get her own phone but on the other hand she is still a little girl. And most little girls love fairy tales. My niece absolutely loves Tinkerbell and I decided to get her a protection for her phone portraying her favorite fairy tale character. I found this mobile phone sock on eBay for around 5 pounds and received the product in just two days. The mobile phone sock comes in black/pink/silver color combination. In the front is Tinkerbell and some flower motive with Tink logo on the bottom. At the back is Tinkerbells' face and in bottom corner a Disney logo. However I am not absolutely sure if this is a genuine Disney product considering the quite cheap price. Around the top is a pink stripe. My niece loved the design of the sock a lot. Her phone fits perfectly in (can be used for carrying for example a MP3 player as well). Her phone fell already few times on the floor and this phone sock protected the phone well.
      However the sock is not perfect. It can slip quite easily from the hand and therefore drop accidentally. It is not waterproof either so does not protects the phone if it sinks outside in a puddle.
      But in the end my small niece really loved her new phone sock and is showing it happily to all her friends.
      Would definitely recommend this phone sock as present for little girls.

• Murad Renewing Eye Cream / Eye Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.05.2015 22:40

Advantages

• Cooling

Disadvantages

• expensive

Give me more Murad!

I received a really lovely little toiletry bag full of Murad skin care recently for purchasing an item made by Murad on the Regis (hair salon) website. I opted for a lip cream as the purchase as I can never seem to have enough lip products on the go.

Small tube of goodness
      One of the items in the freebie bag was a tiny tube of eye cream. Just 4 ml to be precise. But when you know a full sized tube is only 15ml anyway, 4ml doesn't seem so small any more.

First impressions
      The tube is white with a pretty lime green accent and inside the cream is a lovely thick white consistency.

Price
      It is worth noting that this is a pretty pricey product. At £60.30 for 15 ml on the John Lewis Website it is not cheap but you only need a tiny amount to work with.

In use
      I found a tic tac sized blob was more than enough to do the eye area. It is advised to dab then pat on to the brow bow and also beneath the eye. I like to layer it quite thickly and let it sink in for a while. I immediately noticed a cooling effect on the eye area that was quite lovely and relaxing.

My thoughts
      The other point worth mentioning about this eye cream is that it smells totally divine. A bit of cocoa butter and coconut scent (I think).

So what is in it?
      Key ingredients are Palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 reduces medium-to-deep crow's feet and diminishes puffiness for a brighter appearance. Wild yam and soybean dramatically increases moisture, elasticity and firmness, Natural emollients boost moisture.

Final word
      This is firming and good for dark circles around the eye area. I will be sparing with mine to make sure it goes as far as possible. My eyes definitely look better thanks to this treatment and it has helped to brighten the dull skin around the eye area.

28.05.2015 22:36

Advantages

• " free of all nasty ingredients"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Dried out my skin a lot "

Not vital that I use this again

I use quite a few products in the Simple range as they are usually really good quality and they work well and suit my skin. I have a normal skin but I do have an oily T zone which is annoying and so I have to be careful to choose products which do not make this any worse than it is already.

I bought this bottle of foaming cleanser from Boots and it cost me £4.25. The first time I used it I was quite happy with how my skin looked and felt but over time I began to realise that my skin was feeling and looking quite dry and flaky on my chin and forehead and also on the very sides of my face. I made sure to use plenty of moisturiser after using this product and it did not affect me in a negative way initially but it was with prolonged use that I began to realise that it was actually drying my skin out.

I was quite surprised by this negative reaction as I have been able to use a lot of products in the Simple range without having had any problems previously.

On the plus side, it is easy to use, has a pump dispenser and foams nicely but if you are looking for something with a nice fragrance then this is not going to be for you as this is fragrance free – like everything in the Simple range.

I don’t really personally recommend it, I am afraid.

28.05.2015 22:31

Advantages

• "Good ingredients "
      • "Very hydrating"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "

Worth the investment! Very hydrating - treat for skin!

Darphin are a high end, luxury brand- this makes them difficult to get hold of as they mainly found in salon/spa's.

Now this is a very intensive serum- i would say this product is probably aimed for mature, dry skin. My skin is combination skin- and prone to blemish breakouts. Saying this- my skin has benefited from the hydration as i think moisturising your skin is key regardless of your skin type.

The bottle is about 30ml, very fancy pale blue glass bottle with an easy to use dispenser at the top. The serum is a clear liquid that doesn't really have a fragrance, if anything it just smells clean and fresh.

You can pay anywhere between 45-50 quid for this product- so it's very expensive. But i am a firm believer in that what you get is what you pay for- so i think it's worth shelving out a bit more than using a medicore cream.

Now i must mention- i do not use this product as a day moisturiser- i use this an intensive boost or overnight like a mask for an intensive boosts. Particularly in the winter, when my skin gets drier. I find if you use this once or twice a week- it will last you longer and then the price becomes more justifiable.

I'm not familiar with many other products in this range- but this serum i would definitely recommend- probably great as a regular product for somebody who suffers from very dry and flaky skin.

• Weleda Lip Salve / Weleda / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      28.05.2015 22:24

Advantages

• " excellent quality and good price"
      • "Healing and protecting"

Disadvantages

• "None "

Highly recommended

Anyone who reads my reviews on a regular basis will be well aware of the fact that I have to use lip balms year round – winter and summer, as my lips dry out and crack very easily. I use all types of balms and potions and I am not really loyal to any one particular brand, though I do have one or two favourites. Aside from Carmex, Weleda Lip Balms is definitely on e of the better ones out there today. I buy mine online and it costs me £3 which I do not think is too bad at all as it compares very favourably with the Carmex range.

This lip balm come sin a small plastic tube and is ideal for just pooping into my handbag. They last me for ages as I only have to use a very small amount and it immediately feels like it is not only protecting my lips from the elements, but if my lips are already cracked (And bleeding) it will heal them up quickly and effectively and the lip balm does not sting if it gets into any of those tiny little cracks I have so often on my kips, when they are in a really bad state.

It has a small amount of shine to it and I wear this both on its won and also over the top of my lip stick. It smells sweet and slightly of vanilla, I think, and I simply love it. My hubby also uses his own stick as it has no colour so it’s suitable for either sex.

It works a treat and I highly recommend it.

28.05.2015 22:24

Advantages

• "lots of accesories"
      • design

Disadvantages

• "does not protect well"

Makes ordinary iPhone look amazing!

My girlfriend bought few weeks ago a new iPhone 5 for testing out new apps. Since she is a little clumsy I decided we need to get her some case to protect the device. Since she is not taking the phone out but uses it only at home I thought we could go for something cute and little bit more extravagant. We browsed Amazon for a while and then we came across this Co:caine Slap Case for Apple iPhone 5. The case was only £2.50. We knew it will probably not give the phone the best protection (like many cheap cases), however we fell love with the design. The case is in light purple, in the middle is some kind of white animal which looks like a chicken wearing a crown. In the bottom is a Co:caine logo. We received the case in about three days. The phone clicks easily in and it gives easy access to all buttons. In the package we received two screen protectors and a polishing cloth as well. Big surprise was that we received as well three fun home button stickers which make the normal phone stand out. The stickers are easily removable from the home button too.
      We have been very satisfied with this purchase, the ordinary iPhone 5 looks in the case very interesting and perky.
      The bottom line is, the phone is really not protected in the case as well. I take this case more like a fashion piece than some solid protection.
      However I definitely recommend to give this cute case a try.

28.05.2015 22:16

Advantages

• "Not one"

Disadvantages

• " makes my hair flat and lifeless "
      • "It really is awful"

Horrible shampoo

I use all different types of shampoos and hair care products and Pantene is a range I have used so many times. I felt like I needed a really good clarifying shampoo as I had a lot of products which had been building up on my hair over time and so I bought this from Home Bargains as it was just over £1 and I considered this to be a good price.

This shampoo has caused me no end of problems in terms of it making me look like I have just poured a vat of lard all over my hair. It makes my hair look really lank and it feels heavy and lifeless and certainly takes away any shine that my hair had previously. It takes ages to get a decent later, and that was the first really weird thing I noticed about this shampoo. IT is clear in colour and it had a flip top lid and it was the right size to be able to stand it up in the however, but that is where the positives ended for me.

It had a really odd chemical smell to it and I felt like I had to use a ton of shampoo to get it to lather then it didn't seem to rinse out very well and I could feel almost like a sticky and tacky residue left behind on my hair after I had stood there for ages trying to rinse it off. I actually used this shampoo a few times just to make sure it wasn't my imagination - it really wasn't. IT made my hair look and feel dull and lifeless and I actually threw out about a quarter of the bottle as I really couldn't be bothered with it any more.

I would never recommend this to anyone - no matter how desperate you are, please avoid this at all costs.

28.05.2015 22:16

Advantages

• "Good ingredients "

Disadvantages

• "Hard to get hold of!"
      • "Expensive "

Good product but prefer roll on!

I am in my late twenties so the early sign of ageing are starting to show around my eyes so i started looking into an eye cream.

This comes in a thin long tube- it doesn't look like there's a lot in it when you see but you have to remember you are only using this around the eyes and the skin is a lot more delicate around the eye area

Thisr eye cream retails for just under £28 which is on the expensive side- if it was a face mask i could understand the price but just for the eyes it is expensive.

It says to use this eye cream twice a day- but i find this very time consuming for such a small area.

Natural ingriedients are in this product- i didn't find that this eye cream irritated my skin or caused me breakouts like some products can do. I use this product once every couple of nights- sometimes i forget to wear my eye cream because i am focusing on other areas of skincare. Plus i don't like to overload my face or my eyes with product so i like to give it a break.

It has helped with dark circles under my eyes- i have never really suffered with puffiness so i can't really review on that. I personally find it easier to use garneri roll on- just because creams can take long rot apply and can get quite messy and tricky. Overall i liked the product though.

• Unitedprint Ltd / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      28.05.2015 22:13

Advantages

• "Fast delivery"
      • "Pretty colours"
      • "Good paper quality"

Disadvantages

• "(Very) little white border"

I recommend !

I ordered 250 postcards on 300 g paper. Both sides printed in colour. I'm very satisfied! The quality of the paper is good, it is well printed. Only a little white border that's visible on the left. It may be caused by the image I delivered, but I wouldn't really know what I did wrong. A fast delivery too! For this price, the quality is perfect.

28.05.2015 22:04

Advantages

• "Great design"

Disadvantages

• "iPad feels big"

Great gift for a Marvel fan!

My friend James is a huge Marvel fan. When was last year his birthday I was absolutely sure I need to get him something Marvel branded and totally geeky. It was quite a hard task since he has nearly everything - from cups to t-shirts and even a Marvel cover for his Oyster card! When I started to panic little that I don't find anything suitable I came on Ebay across this Marvel Protective Case with Stand. When I firstly saw it I knew instantly this would be the best gift my friend will get on his birthday. I paid £16.99 including shipping and after few days received the case in post.
      I tried the case on my iPad to see how it looks like. The iPad fits in the case perfectly and gives generous space for all buttons. Camera works, when iPad in case, great as well. The case can be easy transformed in the stand and holds perfectly - no need to worry that if you touch the screen the iPad falls down. To the case is attached a strip - probably to carry it on your wrist? Maybe someone will find use for it, however the case could be made without it.
      The case has a really geeky design (it is not my style, however it was not purchased for me anyway) and is very colorful. The iPad looks in the case quite big, so it is nothing for a person who loves a thin feel.
      My friend James absolutely loved this case, however he uses it only at home - nothing suitable for an office.
      Definitely recommended as a gift for a Marvel fan!

28.05.2015 21:52

Advantages

• " great price"
      • "Fresh minty taste"

Disadvantages

• "None for us "

I completely love this toothpaste

Like most people, I suppose, I chop and change my toothpaste all the time and I tend to buy whatever is on offer at the time. Oral B is a range I have bought so many times before and it is a brand I trust. I bought two tubes of their Complete Extra Fresh toothpaste when it was reduced in Tesco to only £1 for a large sized 100ml tube. It normally retails for double that amount, so I considered this to be a great price.

I have to say I really do like this toothpaste. It is blue in colour and medium consistency as toothpastes go. It foams in the mouth but not too much, I am quite fussy about toothpastes in that if they over-foam I will go right off them and never buy them again as I start to gag if this happens when I clean my teeth.

The toothpaste has a nice fresh minty taste to it and it is quite strong, probably a bit stronger than I had anticipated, but it really leaves my tongue tingling after I have used it and it leaves my breath feeling really lovely and fresh for ages after I have used it.

I would personally say that this toothpaste is suitable for the whole family to use. It reduces cavities, contains fluoride and all the rest of it but at this price it was too good a purchase to miss out on. I have used both of these tube up now and whenever it comes back down in price I will be buying more.

Recommended.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown