• Sort by:
    • More +
      22.08.2014 15:27
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

A brutal story told with such bravery.

I recently bought the book My James - The Heart-rendering Story of James Bulger whch is told by his father Ralph Bulger. I knew this was going to be a really sad tale of the little boys short life and I was in two-minds whether or not to actually read it as I knew it would reduce me to tears but I did read it and cried I did.

I am sure everyone is very well aware of James Bulger and the awful events that took place to lead to his untimely death but for those who aren't familiar with what happened this book holds nothing back. He was taken by two 10 year old boys and subjected to so much torture that even the thought of it chills me, which I expect it does to others too.

We see that James was a lovely, boisterous little lad who was full of fun, he was just short of his third birthday when he was taken but the memories his father tells us shows he packed a lot into those short years. He sounded like an adorable little boy with a hint of cheekiness just like all little boys!

Reading the book just reduced me to tears, the terror that the little boy must have felt is just too much too bear, it's terrible to think that another child could inflict such torture on another child. Reading about the search, to his body being identified was chilling. There's nothing spared so you get to know everything. I felt a little uneasy wanting to read this book as you don't really want to know about the bad stuff that happens but if his father was brave enough to write it then why shouldn't I read it? His love for James shows throughout it all and that is great to read.

Not only was James' life taken but this awful crime broke up a family too so it didn't just stop at the poor baby, but tear everything up. Ralph does continue his fight for justice though all these years after which is amazing.

There are a few pages of photographs in the book and even they had me in tears, this was just a mindless crime that really did shake the nation.

It's a hard book to read, but with the honesty and bravery he had to write it, it's definitely worth the tears.

I don't think anyone will ever forget James, and hopefully through his parents words he will be remembered for the loving little boy he was and not a victim to two psychopathic kids.

R.I.P. James, you memory will live on.

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • More +
      22.08.2014 15:07
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "clever and funny"
      • "famous guest appearances"
      • "memorable stars"

Disadvantages

• "none for me"

The only firends you'll ever need

The Show

Friends was a highly successful American Situation comedy which aired on NBC of a period of 10 years from 1994 -2004 with an average of 24 shows each season. i Each episode is a story on its own and can be watched in isolation, but of course more enjoyment is had if you know all the characters from the beginning.

The Storyline

The show is based around six main characters who, as you may guess are all best 20-something single friends. In the first few seasons much of the story is a long running will they/wont they story for two of the friends Ross and Rachel, although there are many and varied side stories as the other four friends deal with career, dating and family problems. As the years pass, some of the friends start to build relationships together, others find love outside the circle of friends. Always funny, clever, fast moving and unpredictable, several story lines run through each and every episode and cunningly jigsaw together.

The Cast

Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) Rachel is a high school princess and cheerleader grown up into a self-centred spoilt daddy's girl. She slowly learns to toughen up, get herself a career and stand on her own two feet. We watch as she slowly becomes a sassy, determined and likeable young woman.

Monica (Courtney Cox) Monica is a strong New York woman. To counteract feelings of inadequacy she has become obsessive and controlling. but the vulnerability she desperately wants to hide is always showing itself, allowing us to like her and empathise with her.

Ross (David Schwimmer) Monica's older brother, Ross is a rather geeky and bookish. He has had a huge crush on the beautiful Rachel since she was his little sister’s high school buddy, but knows she is way out of his league.

'Chandler (Matthew Perry) Ross's best friends from College, Chandler rents the flat opposite Monica. Chandler is a constant joker, very awkward around women, and not very successful in the dating stakes.

Joey (Matt le Blanc) Joey is Chandler's flatmate and a serial womaniser. He is an out of work actor and is often subbed financially by Chandler, fairly dumb but hugely self confident, he has great success with a stream of beautiful woman.

Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) Phoebe is a ditzy blonde in the ultimate sense of the word. She earns her living giving massages, and she busks, singing her own compositions (badly) in Central Perk cafe, but wont accept money (because it wouldn't be fair to the songs)

My Opinion

I have always been a major “Friends” fan and I absolutely love the series. The acting is always fresh, the jokes are so clever they never tire, even if you know word for word what is coming next. The finale after 10 years of watching these characters grow, is well thought out, satisfying, and true to the show.
      Beg borrow or steal this box set, and watch each episode in order….I dare you not to get hooked.!!

Comments

• Direct Power BP350E / Power Saw / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      22.08.2014 14:21
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "cuts quite well"
      • "easy to handle"
      • "Nice for small jobs"

Disadvantages

• "Struggles on harder jobs"

A nice little tool for those that don't do it that often....

I like DIY and have used several different tools during my DIY days, one of those tools being this one.
      It's your basic jigsaw shape, being about 180mm high by 200mm long and 70mm wide, weighing in at no more than 1.5kg.
      The handle is on the top, away from the cutting area, with a trigger on the underside of the handle and a locking button just above. There is a little dial on the trigger which is for changing the speed of the motor, allowing for easier cutting of different materials.
      On the bottom there is the footplate, which is metal and as flat as a witches, whatsit..??
      The blade sits just behind a plastic guard, which not only protects your fingers from being sliced open it also stops bits of wood and stuff flipping off into your eyes.

The blade is changed using a hexkey in the two screws above the blade area, which is a bit awkward but once you get used to it it's easy enough to do.

It offers 420watts of kick, which is good enough for most household jobs, although I wouldn't rely on this if you use these for a living as after a while the motor started to struggle on 'harder' material, which meant it became useless to me.. so the bin it went.
      The handle is nice and comfy to hold, with the trigger and locking button in just the right places to get at them with your finger and thumb. The locking switch comes in handy when you are cutting through wider work as you don't have to keep your finger on the trigger, then to deactivated it, you just press the trigger once more.
      Cutting through certain material you're working on, such as plywood, hardboard, thin plastics, then this is pretty smooth, although a good blade does make life a lot easier, but when it comes to slicing through tougher, such as metal or thicker woods, then this may drag a bit, no matter how good your blade...

It is good for smaller jobs, maybe if you don't DIY as much as you should do, so it is worth paying the £20 - £25 for this one. But, if you're like me and tend to use this sort of tool for longer and harder jobs then i'd give this a wide berth and spend a little extra on something that has more stamina.

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 13:51
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Soap and glory gift set, the perfect gift for any girl

This soap and glory gift set is a great gift for any age. The products are all packed beautifully in gorgeous pink packaging which is very girly and feminine plus all of the products go in a box. This set is one of my all time favourites as there is a great range of all of their best products from face wash to shampoo. All the products are full size so everything comes in a decentsize. This set should last you for ages as a little bit goes a very very long way . The set is a little bit pricey but it is so worth it. If you think , if you bought each of those products separately it would cost you a lot more than the actual set does itself. I would most certainly recommend purchasing this product. Hope this review helps you all xxx Imogen Leigh bailey.

Comments

• MUA Lip Boom / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      22.08.2014 13:41
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Mua lip boom

I was recently having a browse on the makeup acadamy website when I came across there lip booms. I had never seen these before in superdrug or on the website. I was interested in the product the minute I layed my eyes on it. The product is double ended. One side is a lipstick and the other side is a lipgloss. The packaging is very sleek as it is plain black. I did find the box it came in to be quite bulky and tacky. The lipstick itself is lovely. It is very creamy and glides on to the lips. There are various different colours you can get this product in . I think there are 8 shades altogether ranging from nudes to pinks to deep shades of red. That means there is a colour for everyone . The lipgloss is very glittery and quite gritty. The glitter is not fine but does reflect light well giving the lips a nice full look which I love. I would rate this 3/5

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 13:40
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Tasty and healthy dishes"
      • "Easy to follow recipes"

Disadvantages

• None

The Hairy Bikers prove once again that diet food can be tasty

This is a great cookbook. I used it the other night and Mr P picked it up and leafed through it. His comment was that it was unusual to find a cookbook where he would happily cook and of course eat nearly every dish. Not only that, but these are low-fat, low calorie recipes.

~~~ The Hairy Dieters ~~~
      I guess you probably know the background – the Hairy Bikers have been around for several years now. Si King and Dave Myers are successful TV cooks travelling around the UK on their motorbikes. Both are big lads and in 2012 they admitted to themselves that they had got too hefty and that their health was suffering as a result. So by making small changes to their cooking habits they started to shed the pounds – 6 stone between them.

~~~ Eat for Life ~~~
      Eat for Life is their second cookbook written in their new persona as the Hairy Dieters. It has a very similar format to the first. Some general tips to begin with and then recipes organised in sections – for example breakfeast & brunch, fast food, and fab fakeways. I guess we all know (but sometime choose to forget) that takeaways are laden with fat and probably far too much salt. The Hairy Dieters’ fakeaways have much fewer calories but are just as big on taste. The creamy prawn korma recipe is absolutely delicious and only has just over 200 calories. For those who like it hot, the fiery beef madras (you can substitute chicken for a change) will do the job and comes in at 346 calories.

A couple of the recipes are incredibly similar to the ones in the first book. The cottage pie in the first book becomes mince and veg pie with tumbled spuds in Eat for Life. Blueberries are in the muesli in the second book, cranberries in the first. That said, there are over 80 recipes to choose from and whether you are trying to lose weight or not, there are some great dishes. There are full page pictures so you know what you’re aiming for and the cooking instructions are easy to follow. All in all it’s a winning formula.

A great cookbook whether you are wanting to lose weight or just wanting to eat more healthily.

~~~
      Amazon price £5.60, Kindle £4.72.

Comments

• House Of Fraser / Highstreet Shopping / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      More +
      22.08.2014 12:52
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Good offers and sales"
      • "Lots of designers under one roof"

Disadvantages

• "Different fitting rooms for different departments "
      • "Staff not trained on all departments "

Shopping house!

My local House of Fraser store is located in Nottingham in the Victoria Shopping Centre. It is spread over 3 floors, selling women’s and men’s clothing and homeware, there is also a café. I am a regular shopper in the store as I do tend to quite like my designer clothing.

The store itself is fairly well laid out with women’s clothing being located on the ground floor along with handbags, accessories and a perfume/makeup section. On the first floor you can find more ladies fashion and menswear and on the 2nd floor homeware and the café. I think the only negative is that each brand section tends to have its own staff and own changing room facilities so it can sometimes be a little difficult to work out which staff member to ask for help with items and which changing rooms to use.

Other than this I have always had pretty good customer service and have been happy with all my purchases. My last purchases were a new waterproof mac and a dress both of which were in the sale with 30% off. In fact there is often sales or special weekend brand discount events on which are worth looking out for as I think if you see something you like and can be patient there is discount on most items at some point.

I think some people avoid house of fraser as it is seen as quite an expensive place to shop and I will admit some of the brands and items for sale are rather on the pricey side with brands such as Hugo Boss and Paul Smith being on sale in my local store. But there are other high street brands available too such as warehouse and super dry and I find it nice to be able to shop several brands at once which is very convenient if I am looking for something and am short of time.

The only section I do not venture to very often is home ware as it is located on the top floor so I often overlook it. The selection ranges from small items like candles and towels to settees and televisions. Again prices can vary depending upon the brand and items are often on sale or special offer. There is quite a large café upstairs too with customer toilets, I have eaten here once and was surprised that it is quite reasonably priced and the drink and sandwich I had was rather nice for a shop café.

Overall I do like shopping in house of fraser mainly for the convenience of having several brands all under one roof but do think a little more thought could be put into staffing and staff being able to provide advice on more than just the brand they work for but guess this is difficult in a store of this nature. I will certainly continue to shop her and would recommend a visit for the fashion worshipers out there.

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 11:21
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Suits my pale skintone"
      • "Powder itself is high quality"

Disadvantages

• "Awful packaging"

A superb product let down by dreadful packaging

I really like the brand Urban Decay and like to try a lot of their makeup items. I got a small pot of this powder in a gift set.

When I got this I was intrigued because I’d never tried any of Urban Decay’s face makeup before. I love their eyeshadows but that was the extent of my experience with the brand. However, I do have slightly oily combination skin, so some sort of face powder is pretty much essential for me – I hoped that this would live up to expectations.

*About the Product*
      The full name of the product is Razor Sharp Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder. It fits in with the recent popularity of ‘high-definition’ or ‘photo-ready’ face products. UD suggest that the product will help you achieve a flawless complexion, creating a soft-focus effect. The powder apparently contains tiny water particles which burst on application, helping to moisturise and refresh the skin, which sounds bizarre to me!

*Packaging*
      My 3.75g sample pot (it doesn’t sound much but the powder is very light, and as it’s so fine I found it lasted ages) was a cylindrical tube with a clear base, handy for allowing you to see how much powder there was left. A razor pattern covered the clear part of the pot, while the lid was matte silver. The full-size pot has an iridescent Urban Decay logo on top, but my smaller size had a little mirror – this was a bit small to be used when applying a full face, but it came in handy when applying lipstick out and about.

The packaging has a twist mechanism to close and open the pot, and a sponge applicator attached to the top. I absolutely hated this as I had to shake the pot loads and practically hit my face with the powder sponge to get any product out. Also, the sponge was really hard so I hated using it to apply the product. In the end, I started removing the lid altogether and using a separate brush to apply the powder. This worked much better in terms of application, but also meant that the powder was not portable.

*Powder*
      The actual quality of the powder is very good. It is finely milled and applies without caking; it blends in perfectly, provides a great base for makeup, and makes skin look smooth and almost blemish-free. On bad skin days I had to apply foundation underneath, but on good days I could get away with just the powder. It was ideal to wear on hot days as it didn’t cake, unlike heavier powders.

The full-size powder costs GBP21, which is pricey, but the powder is good quality. It’s a shame the packaging is so rubbish, as I definitely wouldn’t buy it as it is. If the packaging changed, I would certainly consider it.

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 10:46
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "The story"
      • "Stephen Fry's Voice"

Disadvantages

• "Some of the character voices"

An Excellent Telling Of The Harry Potter Books

Unless you have been living under a rock for the last decade, you will have heard of JK Rowling's series of books about the boy wizard Harry Potter. This is the first book in the series and is an audio version read by the inimitable Stephen Fry. I am a massive fan of both Harry Potter and Stephen Fry, so this is very much a match made in heaven for me.

The story is exactly the same as you would find in the standard written version of the book; it is unabridged, so there is nothing missing. The story follows Harry's first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry including his forming of friendships and meeting the dark wizard who made him an orphan when he was a baby.

The audio production is great. It is very much made great by Stephen Fry who not so much reads the story as acts it using his voice. He is perfect for the role. He has a soothing and clear voice that is suited wonderfully to this book which can and should be enjoyed by children and adults alike. He reads slowly and clearly enough that anyone can enjoy it, without it being too slow and laborious for more advanced readers, as it were.

When I say he acts with his voice, I mean that he gives characters their own personalities through their voices and brings to life JK Rowling's intentions perfectly. I read the written books before listening to the audio ones and somehow Fry has made them sounds like they did in my own head, which is just fabulous.

The thing I love most about the production here is that it is purely storytelling and they don't try to dress it up with sound effects and background music like some productions do. The story and the teller are both excellent at what they do and there is no need for any extras. It is good to see that the producers of the audiobook have recognised this and left them to it.

The only thing that has stopped me from giving it the full five stars is the fact that Fry is still finding his feet a bit in this book and so some of the voices are a little irritating in that they are very childish. Having said that, the main characters are only eleven so it probably makes sense. I find Hermione's voice a little grating and Harry's a little too high pitched in this book and the voices are less irritating in the later books.

Don't let that put you off though, because the audio books are a great way of enjoying the Harry Potter books and are an excellent example of storytelling at its best. Definitely recommended for young and old alike.

Comments

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      More +
      22.08.2014 10:32

Advantages

• "fast delivery"
      • quality
      • price

Disadvantages

• none
      • website

DOPORUČUJI!

DOPORUČUJI!MAXIMÁLNÍ SPOKOJENOST,KVALITNÍ TISK,RYCHLÉ DODÁNÍ.

Comments

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      More +
      22.08.2014 10:31

Advantages

• "fast delivery"
      • quality
      • price

Disadvantages

• none
      • website

DOPORUČUJI!

DOPORUČUJI!MAXIMÁLNÍ SPOKOJENOST,KVALITNÍ TISK,RYCHLÉ DODÁNÍ.

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 10:06
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Sleek "
      • "Able to use a flash drive"
      • "Quick & efficient"
      • "Fantastic screen quality"

Disadvantages

• "None for me per se"

I've been super impressed by the quality & performance so I'd happily recommend

The Nexus 7 definitely looks the part with its slim (8.65mm), sleek and understated design. It weighs in at an impressive 0.46lbs / 290g, so it's lightweight, portable and comfortable to hold. The power button & volume controls are slightly towards the back but not awkward to get to, and the headphone jack & micro USB are easily located.

In the box you get the basics, including wall-charger (doubles as a micro USB to plug in to your laptop) and starter guide. Extras such as an OTG cable or case need to be purchased separately. Setting up for the first time was quite quick and easy after the initial charge. Personalising it is also straightforward, and you can log in with a Google account if you wish to sync accounts & back up information. You can drag & drop apps to personalise the Homescreens, & change the wallpaper to make it more 'you'.

I've been quite impressed with its responsiveness. The amount of pressure required seems just right; it's responsive to touch without going all over the place, making scrolling, dragging or typing a pleasant experience. At 7”, it boasts a decent resolution that really does outshine the competition. It has a 1080p HD IPS, 1920 x 1200 HD display (323 pixels per inch). Overlaying this is scratch resistant Corning glass. Images look clear, crisp and sharp, and colours are vivid. This makes a huge difference; the quality makes doing anything on the tablet a pleasure.

The Nexus 7 is quite intuitive and logical to use. Even for those who are new to smartphones/tablets I would argue it's a good tablet to start learning on.
      It runs Android & is can be updated free to KitKat 4.4. I've had no problems with this & the app store provides a good choice of downloads. It comes with a 1.5GHz CPU and has 2MB RAM so it runs quickly & smoothly, which I've been very impressed by.

Battery life varies depending on use but can average around 8 hours (of video playback, browsing etc), which I've found suitable for my needs. It has wireless charging but I've not tried this.
      I didn't intend on using the cameras, but it features a 5MP on the front & 1.2MP on the back; they're not great, but they will suffice for occasional use. Speakers provide decent sound that I don't find to be tinny.

Transferring media is easy via the micro USB in the box using the drag & drop technique. It comes in 16GB or 32GB. I have the former as it was considerably cheaper. It does allow for flash drives (with a MICRO USB OTG cable & a cheap Nexus Media Importer app), but also has Bluetooth. Mine is WiFi only, though you can get a 3G version; the wireless signal pick up is good.

I can't think of any downsides apart from perhaps the lack of SD card slot & the jump in price if you want 32GB or 3G capabilities.

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 08:56
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "characters and world building "
      • "Well written to the point of not being able to put it down"

Disadvantages

• "None for me "

My favourite fantasy book ever

I have always liked fantasy novels but one of the things that always puts me off is the absolutely massive size of some of them. It can be a bit daunting when faced with a book that looks as though it will weigh more than a small child. Luckily now with having a kindle this isn’t such a problem for me. The Shadow of the Wind is one of those books that looks huge as a hardback and put me off reading it as I had thought it would be too long and just too confusing trying to remember what characters were what but I decided to give it a try after hearing so many good things about it and I am glad that I did as it has now become one of my favourite books of all time.

The book follows an innkeeper named Kote who is in fact a famous hero named Kvothe Kingkiller who has been tracked down by a chronicler who wants Kote to recount his story. Kvothe agrees and we are then treated to the story of his life from his humble beginnings as a street child to his time at the great university.

With most of the story being told in flashback to Kvothe’s youth I expected the book to plod somewhat but I was mistaken as from the first few pages I was absolutely hooked on his story and fascinated with the level of detail that Patrick Rothfuss has managed to include. The book could so easily have become mundane but the way Rothfuss has written it makes it jump off the page. Kvothe is a fantastic character and although later in life he has an almost mythical reputation here he explains just how he managed to achieve the things that he has.

As this is the first book in a planned series it only follows his life for a certain amount of time but there is a lot packed into the book and even though the paperback comes in at 672 pages it felt like it wasn’t nearly long enough which is the sign of a great book. Patrick Rothfuss has managed to create a world and characters who inhabit it which are absolutely spellbinding. Although to be honest there isn’t a huge amount of epic adventures in this book the retelling of even the mundane parts of Kvothe’s life are fascinating in their own right and it was one of those books that I just couldn’t put down and found myself reading into the early hours.

This is the first book in a series though there have only been two books released so far (with the sequel being every bit as good as this one) so I need to hope that Mr Rothfuss is writing quickly as I can’t wait to read the next one and continue the adventures of Kvothe. Until then this book has become my favourite fantasy book of all time and has great re-readability.

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 05:44
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Very familiar sounding"
      • "Humour laced lyrics"
      • "Solid radio friendly rock"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing really original about it"
      • "Extended versions of the album are available"
      • "A bit samey"

I'm grinning at the Barenaked Ladies!

There are bands out there that everyone has heard even if they don't connect the song to the band. One great example of that is "Barenaked Ladies" who recorded "Big Bang Theory Theme", the song used at the start of every episode of "The Big Bang Theory". That track really is one that I suspect 90% of people on this site have heard at least once, though many may not have known who it was by.

The band, a Canadian group, were formed in 1988 and although they were turned down by all the major labels at the time they were the darling of the indie scene. Their first EP sold massive numbers, in fact it was the first independent EP from Canada to go platinum selling more than 100,000 copies.

Over time the line up of the band has changed but the heart of the band has remained pretty much the same. They are a light hearted alternative rock band with a fun sound and a slight quirkiness to their music. Of course now they have the money to polish off their tracks more than they did when they started but that is akin to buying a nice suit or putting on make up.

The band's latest album was their 2013 release "Grinning Streak". It was the first release since co-found Steven Page left the group to pursue solo projects but still featured the band's other founder, Ed Robertson, who continued to lead the group with his upbeat vocals, fun lyrics and desire to continue the band despite his friend leaving.

As to the actual sound of the album it certainly takes some inspiration from the music of Counting Crows with the light alternative rock sounds that is very radio friendly, as you find out from the the album's opening track "Limits". Although I'm not a huge fan of "Limits" it does work acceptably as an opening track though pales in comparison to a number of the later tracks, such as "Off his head" a very, very catchy track with sombre under-tones.

Another of the album's stand out tracks is "Odds Are". This track, another upbeat sounding one, was released as a single with moderate success in Canada and was picked up for short lived sitcom "Working the Engels". The track is certainly a strong on and certainly has a radio friendly "Pop Rock" type of sound to it.

In total the album features 12 tracks (unless you get one of the extended versions) and gives you plenty of music for your money. The songs are perhaps a little samey at times, if you're really looking for a complaint, but over-all it's a very solid album from start to end with some real delights along the way.

If you like "radio friendly rock" then this really is worth a listen. It's nothing original or outstanding but it's an album that is hard to fault

Comments

• More +
      22.08.2014 01:58
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Everything

Disadvantages

• None

My hair is bee 'ing' strong!

When it comes to shampoos and conditioners I tend to look for whatever I feel offers me good value for my money, that's its from a brand that I know of, that it smells nice and that it says it offers something that I need to my hair.

I bought this the other day from Asda for a pound as I have already been using the matching shampoo to this however ran out of conditioner and decided to buy this as it matched the shampoo....simple as that really!

The Packaging:

The bottle is a gold yellow in colour and plastic and curvy in shape with a green flip top lid concealing a small hole to the base of it and on the front of it we are told that it is Clairol Herbal Essences Bee Strong 'Strengthening Conditioner' and that it contains Honey & Apricot Extracts and that it is designed for damaged hair and then on the back of the bottle other information displayed includes being told a bit little bit about the product, directions for use and the ingredients are given, the size is stated (which my case my bottle is 200ml though other sizes are available too) and contact details for the manufacturer are stated. Its a nice looking, rather unisex looking bottle and simple to use and informative enough.

Using It:

To use this all you need to do is thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo first and make sure your hair is free from product and then massage a good blob of this quite thick golden coloured conditioner which is very smooth to the touch and really smells wonderful of mainly of apricots to my nose with an underlying scent of sweet honey...as I have said the scent really is lovely and slightly creamy and quite natural.

As I use this it feels really nourishing and soothing on my scalp and is a pleasure to use, releasing its scent as I go and then when I have made sure that I have gently massaged it into all of my hair I rinse it out which is simple and straightforward to do.

I am left with smooth and soft hair and its easy to comb through as soon as I have used this. My hair is left heavily scented and for hours.

This doesn't weigh my hair down, I don't feel like there is any residue left on my hair and I feel that generally my hair is easier to style and less flyaway and less frizzy and my hair appears glossy and well kept!

I dye my hair from time to time and I find that this kind of brightens up that colour and doesn't rip any colour out and since using this my hair feels stronger and simply more healthy in general.

This gets a giant thumbs up from me and I highly recommend it to anyone!

Available from all good supermarkets, chemists etc.

This review is also posted on Ciao.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66043
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37115

* Prices may differ from that shown