• motorpoint.co.uk / Internet Site / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      16.09.2014 14:35

Advantages

• "Cheap Cars"

Disadvantages

• "Poor value finance deals"
      • "Rip off GAP insurance and Extended Guarantees"
      • "Poor part ex value"

Cheap cars but everything else is a rip off

The cars you can buy from Motorpoint are priced reasonably and from my experience do represent value for money. Unfortunately they use their low prices to lure through the front door and make money off you.

The part-ex value they offer is very much towards the low side. I sold my car privately and got £500 more than the offer they quoted me.

The extended guarantees they sell are worse than useless and also comparatively very expensive compared to other providers. The extended guarantee I was sold cost £299 for an extra years guarantee but only provided cover for £1000 worth of repairs. Also should you sell the car or it be stolen etc there is no way to get a refund on the policy and you'll be left with a policy you can't use.

The GAP insurance they sell is also very expensive with the price they quoted me being 2-3 times the price of other providers who offered better policies with more comprehensive coverage.

Finally they are very sneaky with the finance saying that the interest rate for their finance is for example 4.9% whilst that's just the yearly interest rate and the APR will end up being about 14% which is very high. You'd almost be better off buying a car on a credit card with the APRs they are charging.

To sum up they have cheap Cars but the addons such as GAP insurance, Extended Guarantees are very expensive and not good products. The finance is very expensive and is probably only worth taking if you can't get a loan or finance from elsewhere. I'd buy a car from them but don't let them finance it or buy any of the extras and think about selling your car privately rather than taking their trade in price.

• Play.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      16.09.2014 14:23

Advantages

• "Super Points"
      • "Free postage"

Disadvantages

• "Site does not always work"

A great site when it works

I have purchased items from play.com for a good few years now. I heard about the site from a friend and I decided to check it out. A few years ago I think it mainly sold gifts for birthdays and Christmas etc. but now there are absolutely loads on there and postage is free!

The site is now very comparable to Amazon as there are now numerous sellers and there is just such a massive range of goods for sale on it.

A few years ago now the site seemed to change its name to Rakuten, I have no idea what this is all about but it still comes up as play.com. I think that it was around this name change time that play.com introduced Super Points. For every one pound you spend on play.com you get one Super Point, each Super Point is then turned into 1p that can be used to help pay for purchases. Obviously you need to spend a lot on the site to get much back but it is a good loyalty scheme although be careful as the Super Points do run our after time.

Last year when buying my Christmas pressies I was pretty annoyed with this site as it didn’t work! I would select the items and as soon as it got to the payment methods section it would freeze. I found out that this was down to a technical problem and the site not being compatible with certain versions of Microsoft Explorer. The meant really that I bought everything from Amazon instead. This issue went on for a long time but it is sorted now. It would have just been useful if a message was sent out to explain this at the time and then I could have used Firefox instead had I known.

Generally this is a really easy to use site that has loads of great products for sale at cheap prices and free postage!

• Healthspan / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      16.09.2014 13:37

Advantages

• "Quick delivery"
      • "Reasonable prices"

Disadvantages

• "Stopped doing what I ordered"

Stopped selling the item I purchased with no warning :(

A good few years ago now I was diagnosed by my doctor with IBS. My doctore prescribed me with peppermint tablets. I was really surprised that a NHS doctor prescribes herbal medicines but also quite pleased as I like the idea of taking something natural.

The peppermint tablets really helps but I was getting fed up having to take time off work to go to the doctors each month for a repeat prescription and it was getting a bit expensive. As a result I looked online at where I could cheaply and easily buy these peppermint tablets.

I came across Health Span using Google and I thought that the website looked really professional. The prices are really competitive and I found it cheaper buying from Health Span than paying for my prescription from the doctors – and it saved having to go and see the doctor all the time.

It is easy to sign up with Health Span and orders are normally delivered in about 4 days which is great. I have also purchased other items from Health Span and I find their little booklets they occasionally send out in the post quite interesting.

I have only had a couple of issues buying from Health Span. Once I received the wrong goods. I emailed Health Span to explain and I returned the incorrect items and got the correct ones really quickly. This was a bit annoying but no real issue and I understand these things will happen from time to time.

Also, some of the other tablets I have purchased have been massive and too big for me to swallow. It would be useful if maybe for extra-large tablets that details of this is put on the website so you have advanced warning and better details before purchasing items.

Health Span no longer sell 50mg of peppermint tablets. They only do greater dosages which are far to strong for me. This means that I no longer purchase from this website which is a shame as it was a good company to buy from – I guess there was just not a big enough demand for this product.

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      16.09.2014 13:12

Advantages

• "good prices"
      • "good brands"
      • "great range"

Disadvantages

• "delivery times after payment"

great site

Well laid out website, very easy to use and usually something for everyone. the fact that new things appear every day gives you a reason to check it every day. Customer support is excellent too.

16.09.2014 13:10

Advantages

• "Excellent beach atmosphere"
      • "Decent range of bars and clubs"
      • "Party town"
      • Inexpensive

Disadvantages

• "Bar reps can become irritating"
      • "Not a whole load to do away from drinking/partying"

Won't set your world on fire, but is a lot of fun!

When booking a holiday to Sunny Beach, you are under no illusions that you'll be going to a Maldives-like idyll in Eastern Europe, especially considering the relatively cheap cost of travelling to a beach resort that is growing in popularity.

And, well, you get what you expect. A resort that seems to have been built exclusively for partying and revelling in the opportunities that arise in escaping the responsibilities of home, Sunny Beach lacks any sort of identity or culture. While it's possible to take a day to wander the UNESCO site of Nessebar, there's really not that much else to make you feel that you haven't gone to one of the many other drinking resorts in Europe, or indeed the UK.

But, it is this very setup that makes it a fantastic destination for 20-somethings looking for a week of unadulterated partying, with enough night-time activities to keep the most dedicated hedonist happy. There's a good range of themed bars and clubs that can keep you happy throughout your week-long bender - over the course of one night you might get nostalgic for home in an English pub, eat in a cave-themed restaurant, hit a mexican bar for cocktails and party in an Iceberg - and the distinct Nordic influence to some bars adds an interesting twist. Perhaps the most notable feature is the amount of live music - it's difficult to escape at times, but provides a perfect backdrop to starting an evening.

During the day, apart from the aforementioned Nessebar, choices are limited to some very chilled beaches, boat trips or water parks. Again, perfect for a quick jaunt away to have a bit of fun, but the choice may start to wear a bit thin after more than a week, particularly if you have kids in tow.

Perhaps the reason most people choose to give Sunny Beach a try for the first time is the cost. And it is cheap, both to get there and to survive while in the resort. Not much more can be said for the prices - for what you pay, you can expect to receive decent value, although anybody visiting shouldn't expect 5-star dining and premium cocktails in an evening (although there are some gems to be found).

This is all helped by the relaxed atmosphere in the area. It is clear that the locals understand that tourism is the region's lifeblood, and their naturally friendly demeanour only serves to enhance your opinion of the area. In fact, it is the European club reps that become a mild irritation. As the sun starts to go down, the main strip starts to fill with reps eager to pull you into the club that's paying their commission, and this can become somewhat of a downer when you have a destination in mind.

But don't let that put you off. Sunny Beach is an immensely fun resort, a playground for adults and with just enough to keep kids entertained for a week or so.

• Warren Evans / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      16.09.2014 11:59

Advantages

• "Quick installation"
      • "Prompt delivery"

Disadvantages

A pleasant shopping experience and a great bed

We're really pleased with our new bed frame. The shopping experience was really straightforward and Lucy at the Clapham Junction shop was very helpful, reminding us of key considerations and patiently answering all of our questions.

Delivery was bang on time and the bed was up and running in not time at all - thanks to Team D (Lucas and Lucas).

• Mongol (DVD) / DVD / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      16.09.2014 11:08

Advantages

• 450votes)
      • "Imdb.com – 7.3/10.0 (33"
      • "I Oscar nomination"
      • "126 Minutes"
      • 18R
      • "World Cinema (Action)"

Disadvantages

"Do not scorn a weak cub. He may become the brutal tiger."

Well, it turns out Kazakhstan’s first ever ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ Oscar nomination wasn’t Borat but Mongol (2008), a sprawling and epic war film that even the now departed Sir Richard Attenborough would be proud of. If you think ISIS are bad then checkout this guy, a barbarian that would take control of more than half of the ancient world. Whereas ISIS will be destroyed once the conniving Arab dictators are happy with the oil price hike from their furtive funded violence and oil price hedging, Ghengis Khan crashed on and saw quite a few more heads roll until he was reigned in.

It was meant to be the first film in a trilogy but ended up a conflation of all three by director Sergey Bodrov as production dragged on and on, taking 14 months to shoot. It had a crew of over 400 people (300 Chinese and 100 Russians) and over 1500 extras, of which many got drunk in the authentic rural areas of Central Asia between scenes, were the film was mostly shot. So isolated was the location that viewing dailies was impossible and exposed footage had to be sent to Hamburg in Germany to be processed, and then sent back to China for viewing, a process which took three weeks, normally ready by the next day on digital red eye cameras.

===Plot===

A young Temudjin ‘Ghengis’ Khan (Odnyam Odsuren) is trekking across the baron Mongolian outback with his clan to choose his future bride, his father Esugei (Ba Sen) insisting on tradition and he chose one from the Merkit clan. But 10-year-old Temudjin takes a shine to confident little Börte (Bayertsetseg Erdenebat) on route and chose her, dad knowing it will only bring trouble along the way for not taking a female from Merkit clan but happy his son has chosen, give years from today the couple meeting again to get married.

As they turn back for home they meet members of the fearsome Merkit clan, Esugei poisoned by clan chief Taichar (Bu Ren) for his disrespect, his father Esugei’s clan soldiers deserting him and stealing all of his stuff. Loyalties are hard come by in Mongolia and Taichar promises to slay little Temudjin when he comes of age for his insolence.

We spin forward to when Temudjin (Tadanobu Asano) is of age, tracked down once again by Taichar and his goons, constantly on his tail to reap their revenge and so honor, Tem seeking spiritual advice at the holy mountain of the great God Tengri. But Tem is wise and resourceful, escaping once again, his mission to collect his new wife Börte (Chuluuny Khulan), also of age. But Taichar strikes again, stealing away his beautiful wife and so Temudjin, seeking the help of his brother Jamukha (Sun Honglei), now a powerful Khan warlord.

Mission accomplished we see the first seeds of mistrust between both warriors and brothers, clear that only one Khan can rule the Mongol clans, a rivalry that will pull on the warrior instinct of Mongolia.

===Results===

As far as epic action and adventure movies go this is great fun. It’s climatic and ambitious battle scene are worth the wait and the simmering sibling tensions always driving the film forward. It does feel a little bit cat and mouse early on with little Genghis being legged all over Mongolia but settles down in the middle as we enjoy the two brothers enjoying their growing power. But it also feels rushed at the end as you can see how its being sandwiched up to fit all three of his films into one, a lot of important history and battles glazed over to keep the film around two hours.

It is a little too CGI at times although the battle scenes are never over the top like some other movies I could name in their genre. In fact Bodrov’s movie feels more Asia Extreme than Peter Jackson and most times in CHI cinema that’s better. Too much going on screen can make these historic action movies look over-the-top so fortunately this one is about right as far as that goes. Even the obligatory rain of arrows is toned down. I’m not so sure about the Tarrantino CGI style blood bags though.

It cost a mere $18 million to make in that part of the world and did a healthy $26 million back. But the pro rata on a 14 month period to make the movie may suggest they ended up on minimum wage. Saying that it’s worth every penny and although not the best one I have seen in this Oriental fantasy genre its good fun and action packed. It’s a bit long at 126 minutes although Tadanobu Asano doing his David Carradine keeps you enthralled to the legend of Genghis Khan, which I knew little about. It’s not an accurate historical document by any means and certainly not suitable for kids but fun all the same.

===Special Features===

Blue Ray version has no additional extras and just one disc, a surprise. There’s a subtitles interview with director Bodrow and some behind the scenes stuff, plus obligatory deleted scenes.

The film looks amazing in Blue Ray and I set it too full aspect to fill the screen. I’m not a big fan of the rectangle film viewing experience. The colors are spectacular in the panoramic fight and battle scenes and Mongolia rich burnt umber and big sky colors bought to life.

==================

• Legend of the Guardians (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      16.09.2014 10:13

Advantages

• "Exciting plot"
      • "Good background music"
      • "Amazing visuals"

Disadvantages

• "Sometimes dull"

Exciting for animal lovers

This is one of my favorite movies! I absolutely adore it. The creators did an impressive job at creating the fantasy world in which the owls live in. Everything looks stunning and you can see each feather on the owls. It has really good detail. I also really like the background music, and I find it cool how they put an Owl City song in the movie. I think that was one of my favorite scenes.

This movie has an epic plot and can be pretty dark, so I would recommended it to older children and teens. Characters die, which is really sad and may upset young children. I think it's a pretty creative and suspenseful plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat all throughout the film.

The characters are endearing and they are gradually introduced throughout the film. I think this is clever so it doesn't confuse viewers by having all the characters at once. The cast mostly consists of male characters but there are some good female characters as well, including Eglantine, a cute baby owlet.

This movie is set in a rich and intricate world where humans don't exist, only talking animals. I think this makes it perfect for animal-lovers, especially people who like owls and other birds.

Sometimes I find the movie a bit dull; probably because its usually dark in the movie and brown is usually the main color seen onscreen. I'm a person who needs bright colors to capture my attention. But despite this, I find Legend of the Guardians a captivating film due to its exciting plot and music.

A recommended film for the whole family if you don't have any very young children.

• Wall-E (DVD) / DVD / 5 Readings / 3 Ratings
      16.09.2014 09:59

Advantages

• "Cute robots"

Disadvantages

• Boring
      • "Disprespect for humans"
      • "Dull visuals"

Atrocious

I am sorry to say I absolutely despise this movie.

The only good thing about this movie is that the main characters, Wall-E and Eve, are adorable. I loved how Wall-E embarked to get Eve back because he loved her. It was really cute But other than that, this movie is painful. I don't mind the lack of talking, but they could have at least TRIED to make it attention-grabbing. I don't like how dull and murky the visuals are. I love bright and colorful movies. I understand that this movie is about the deserted planet in the future, but I honestly think humans will never abandon Earth, nor will they need to. But that's besides the point.

Why make a movie like this anyway? I am all for supporting the environment but this does no good since it's something so far into the future and may not even happen at all. And the humans are ridiculous. They all look the same, and they're all morbidly obese. If humans DID go off into space to live away from Earth, would they all become fat blobs and not even care? No, I'm sure at least SOME of them would be self-conscious or concerned about their health. If there's one thing I can't stand, then it's "environmentally-friendly" media portraying humans as lazy worthless slobs. There's nothing wrong with being fat but all the humans were the exact same body weight as if the creators were too lazy to create different body types.

This is a dull, unappealing movie and I see no reason for watching it except for the cute characters. It's a shame. They don't belong in such an absurd movie.

• Happy Feet (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      16.09.2014 09:43

Advantages

• "Nice message"
      • "Exciting plot"
      • "Impressive visuals"

Disadvantages

An amazing antarctic adventure

This is my favorite movie of all time. Yes it's weird, but in a good way. And it's also beautiful. For one thing, the visuals are outstanding. The ice looks so real, the penguins are realistic but cute at the same time, and there's plenty of detail in the texture of their features and feet. The wonderful CGI and animation makes it really stand out from other movies.

Then there's the characters to consider. I am sure many viewers can relate to Mumble, the odd one out, trying to find his place in the world. Then there are the Adelie Amigos. They're the funniest characters and are full of personality. You've got to love their accents as well.

The plot is really good in my opinion. Mumble goes on an adventure into the unknown to prove himself and save his penguin nation. He suffers rejection and hardship but he doesn't give up.

There are a lot of songs in this movie. They are all pretty good, and I can't name a particular favorite. There are lots of memorable scenes in this movie, such as the part where all the penguins are swimming in the ocean for the first time; that scene was beautiful and had a nice song. There is some action as well, such as the leopard seal chase and the orca attack.

I can't think of anything wrong with this movie. There is some crude humor which can be annoying since I dislike that kind of humor, but when I first saw the movie as a kid I didn't even notice.

Happy Feet is a movie I loved when I was 8 years old and still love today.

16.09.2014 09:20

Advantages

• smoothing
      • " nutty scent"
      • light
      • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "skin is left looking shiny"
      • "feels quite greasy"

A great night cream if you are on a budget.

THE PRODUCT: The night cream which is made with naturally sourced Vitamin E gives your skin 12 hour moisturisation. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which revitalises the protects the skin. It also helps to combat the damaging effects of free radicals and shields it against the environment. The night cream helps to rehydrate and nourish your skin whilst you sleep leaving it feeling soft, smooth and looking radiant in the morning. The formula also contains a skin conditioning multi-vitamin complex comprising of Vitamins A, B, F and H, which combined with horse chestnut extract, helps to care for dry skin. The night cream comes in a round plastic pot which is a beige colour. The pot seems to be made well and is nice and strong. On the top of the screw on lid is a label stating what the product is and on the side it also states that the same information. The Superdrug logo which is a star appears at the top of the label. It clearly states that this product is a nice cream and is suitable for normal to dry skin.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased this product from my local Superdrug store for £2.99 which was for a 100ml pot of the cream which I thought was very reasonable.

USING THE PRODUCT: The cream is a glossy white colour and it smells slightly nutty. I applied the cream to my face using gentle circular motions. The cream felt smooth against my skin but I thought it felt a little greasy. I found that a little of the cream goes a long way so when applying this for the first time I would only apply a little at a time and then you can easily apply some more if you need to. You need to ensure that you avoid using this product on or near the eyes as stated on the packaging. You can clearly smell the nutty scent to the cream when applying the product to your face and neck.

After applying the product I looked in the mirror to see if my skin looked any different and it did. I noticed that my skin looked shiny now compared to what it had looked like before and I wasn’t really sure I liked this as I thought it made it look a little greasy. I was really hoping that I wasn’t going to wake up with any new spots in the morning seeing as the cream seemed a little greasy. When waking up in the morning and popping to the bathroom I had a glance in the mirror and was pleased when I saw no spots had appeared over-night. My skin actually felt nice and soft and it felt smooth as well. I wouldn’t particularly say that my skin looked that much radiant but it did look healthy and hydrated which was good and my skin didn’t appear to have had any reaction with the cream, despite using it for the first time.

• Happy Feet 2 (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      16.09.2014 09:10

Advantages

• "Full of cuteness"
      • "Great new characters"

Disadvantages

• "Less exciting plot"
      • "Bland dialogue"

Cute and awesome for the whole family

This is a really good movie. I sometimes have trouble deciding whether I like Happy Feet or its sequel the best, but I think I enjoy the original a bit more. Nonetheless, Happy Feet Two is definitely worth seeing! It has lots of lovable new characters: Erik, Mumble and Gloria's cute and tiny son, Atticus, Seymour's "cool dude" son, and Bo, Miss Viola's sweet and spontaneous daughter. These three penguin chicks are so cute and full of personality. Remember in the original movie, Mumble and all the other cute chicks grew up within the first 20 minutes. But all throughout this movie, the baby penguins don't grow up, meaning ever lasting cuteness.

It's cool that they introduced new species as main characters. Sven is my favorite, a puffin with a cool accent. I really like the accents of the Adelie penguins as well. It was great to see Ramon finally find true love in Carman, and the krill Bill and Will were a fun and engaging addition to the movie. They made me laugh the most.

I think the nicest song in the movie is Bridge of Light. I don't care much for the other songs in the movie except for maybe Papa Oom Mow Mow and the song Sven sang. But the movie isn't just about the songs, you should think about the plot as well. I think it's a really creative and good plot, but not as suspenseful and epic as the first movie. There weren't many exciting scenes, and the characters from the previous movie seemed to lack the personality they once had. Their voices seemed kind of boring at some parts.

Despite its flaws, Happy Feet Two is a great movie for the whole family to enjoy. Definitely recommend it!

16.09.2014 09:08

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Broke after little use"

A bit fishy!

I have an indoor cat and although she always seems quite content and happy she loves to play and I try and purchase her different toys to keep her entertained and prevent boredom. One toy that I purchased her for Christmas was the good girl teasers crinkle wand.

I purchased the crinkle wand from Asda where it was priced at just £1.00 which I thought was rather a good bargain as toys of this nature in pet shops are normally at least double this price.

The toy is made up of a large material fish with soft velvet feeling fins and head and a crinkly body. The fish is suspended on a piece of cord attached to a wand allowing you to dangle the fish in front of your cat to ‘tease’ them and encourage them to pounce and try and catch the fish.

My cat loved this toy and thought it was great fun trying to catch the fish when I dangled it near her especially as it made a rustling noise. But unfortunately this toy was fairly short lived. As much as I tried to out smart my cat and move the fish quickly enough for her not to catch it she is very fast and a couple of times she was quicker than my reflexes and caught the fish in her claws! It was on the 3rd time that my cat proved stronger than the fish and actually snapped the cord holding the fish onto the wand.

Overall if this had been stronger then I think it would have been great but my cat isn’t very big and it didn’t take much for her to break it. This maybe better for a smaller kitten but then the large size of the fish may but them off a little. At only £1.00 I cannot grumble too much but I wouldn’t recommend this toy for anyone with an adult cat, well unless you are quick enough to always keep one step in front of your cat!

• Purr Pals (DS) / Nintendo DS Game / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      16.09.2014 08:41

Advantages

• "Fun minigames"
      • "House customization"
      • "Wide variety of cats"

Disadvantages

• "No music"

A great game for feline fanatics

This is one of my three favorite pet simulation games, along with Petz 5 and Hamsterz. Purr Pals is a fun game for cat lovers. You can buy a cat, and there are so many different breeds and color schemes to choose from. You can also choose the eyes and whisker color. So, it's great for anyone who wants to create the perfect cat! You can have up to five cats but looking after just one is quite challenging.

In addition to feeding your cat, you will also need to play with it, clean its litter tray, stroke it, and brush it. You will get money each day if you look after your cat well, and you can also make money from minigames. However, it doesn't give you much money and this can be problematic because everything in the game costs money; cat food, cat litter, toys, accessories, and of course the cats themselves. The best way to make money is by entering cat shows, which is a decent feature. I think the ranking you score is judged by how well you tend to your cat's needs.

You can only play with one cat at a time and you cannot breed them. Also, there is no music ingame. There's a cute song at the main menu and adoption center, and there's a music mini-game, but I wish there was a cute track playing in the background as I cared for my kitty.

The cats are quite high maintenance and it can be tiring tending to their needs, but luckily they don't die or run away if you neglect them.

You can buy lots of accessories to dress up your cat, and you can even customize the whole house. Buy different baskets, food bowls, and water bowls for your kitty. You can also buy different floors, walls, ceilings, doors, and more! I appreciate games with such a wide variety of customization.

All four minigames are fun and challenging, and I can't get enough of the music minigame with singing kittens...Meow meow meow!

If you love cats, you'll have fun with this game!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      16.09.2014 08:34

Advantages

• "Great Communication"
      • " solid PC"
      • "Well built"

Disadvantages

Good value, great service and recommended!

Extremely handy to be able to create the exact specification you need on the web site. The PC is well built and obviously with quality components. Quite rare these days to get exactly what is promised, but you certainly do in this case. The machine was extremely well packaged for delivery, with clear instructions for those not so familiar with setting a PC up.

Hard to comment on the after sales service, as the machine has run faultlessly so far!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown