• Angry Birds Plush Toys / Soft Toy / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.12.2014 11:55

Advantages

• fun

Disadvantages

• none

angry birds plush toy

These are not your average Alfred Hitchcock angry birds, these are furry little round creatures that seem to have quite a lot of fun!

The objective of the game is to eliminate pigs and destroy their buildings and structures at the same time. This is done by the birds launching themselves out of a giantslingshot and hitting the pigs' various constructs, henceforth eliminating them."

So there you have it, I think its a bit of a silly game but for some reason it has really captured the imagination of my little boy and some of his boy friends as they are always chatting about these birds and having little pretend fights with their angry bird toys. I also will play with him and pretend to shoot myself or this toy bird out of a catapult and it always makes him laugh which I guess is the main point really.

I'm not sure if there is a television show or another way to watch these birds other than in computer game form but what I do know is that there is masses of merchandising in all different forms that has really captured the imagination of my little one. We have an angry birds lunchbox, an angry birds metal water bottle, an angry birds t-shirt and also this angry birds red plush toy which was a very well received Christmas gift from his grandparents who knew he would love it. It was an amazon purchase and cost in the £10 region they said.

This toy is really well made in my opinion and is lovely and soft and furry. I think it really brings the red angry bird to life, as here he is in the flesh (or should I say plush!) and not just an image on the screen. My little boy can squish him and throw him to his hearts content. I think he really does look like his on screen character and has quite a fierce looking beak and big scary eyebrows that come together in a point in the middle, a very angry bird indeed!!

The plush material is very soft and good quality and the seams show no signs of wear which is great. The inside is really soft too so you can use this as a novelty sort of pillow on a bed or a nice toy to relax on or just throw it around like my little boy likes to do.

Apparently, according to an article I read, red bird is just a, "Plain old projectile birds. Will not do anything when tapped, and is not especially tough either."

• Outasight Concealed Shower Curtain / Homeware / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.12.2014 11:13

Advantages

• "Looks great"

Disadvantages

Great concept -disappointed with mould!!

I loved the concept of this and purchased it as a luxury item for my new bathroom. I purchased it in Jan 2012. I also purchased the recommended mould remover. Mould started to appear within 6 months. I used the recommended product which didn't work. I had to make an enquiry for a replacement screen by August 2012. I then purchased another screen some months later. Within months this one was covered in mould despite using the recommended product. I have lived with the mould growing up the screen for months and need to replace again. Yes you can put it away but the screen is now harder and more difficult to fold and close in the unit properly. I don't have a choice but to replace because if I remove the whole unit the whole bathroom would need re-tiling. The reason for writing this review is because I now have to consider forking out for another screen!!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.12.2014 11:00

Advantages

• "Tested before shipping"
      • "Competitive prices"
      • "Complete peace of mind"
      • "Fast delivery and great packaging"

Disadvantages

Great experience, will buy again!

PCspecialist has always overdelivered on its promises! This being my second purchase, I wasn't as worried but kudos for maintaining the same quality of packaging, tracked shipping and seamless buying experience. Thank you, will buy again! New PC is all setup and working just as expected.

• Lush Snow Fairy / Bath & Shower / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.12.2014 10:49

Advantages

• "Smells like sweets!"

Disadvantages

• "It's limited edition"

A sweet smelling shower (and hair!) concotion!

I love Snow Fairy. It's a handmade shower gel from Lush that smells like candyfloss and sweets. It's gorgeous! Snow Fairy is a delightful pink shimmery colour with glitter particles inside. Simply shake the bottle to release the glitter as it tends to gather at the bottom of the bottle, then you're ready to go! You can either use Snow Fairy by squeezing a dollop of it onto a shower puff or by simply squeezing it directly onto your hands. The product itself is easy to use as it has a good consistency which is neither too gloopy or too runny. It's just right.

Snow Fairy foams up really well and leaves your skin feeling really soft and cleansed. As Snow Fairy is handmade it doesn't contain any harsh ingredients so it can be used on sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin myself and Snow Fairy has never irritated my skin and I use it on a regular basis too.

You can also use Snow Fairy as a shampoo. I have coloured hair and Snow Fairy works well to cleanse my scalp without stripping my hair of its colour. My hair is left feeling soft, looking shiny and smelling of jelly beans, perfect! Snow Fairy lasts a good while as you only need a small amount of it at a time. A five pence sized dollop is more than enough to use on a puff as you get plenty of bubbles from it. Plus the smell is to die for!

Unfortunately Snow Fairy is limited edition which means it's only available during the festive period, usually from mid October until the end of December. I stock up during this time to make sure I have enough to last all year round. The price tends to vary but Snow Fairy is available in an affordable smaller sized 100ml bottle which is around £4. It's also available in a 250ml sized bottle and a larger 500ml sized bottle. If you're also using it as a shampoo it's probably worth going for one of the larger sized bottles.

I would recommend Snow Fairy to people who enjoy sweet smelling fragrances when it comes to their bath and body products.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.12.2014 10:49

Advantages

• "Great packaging"
      • "On time and fast delivery"

Disadvantages

They underpromise, and Overdeliver. Brilliant!

This was my second purchase from PCSpecialist. As always, these guys have been amazing even with Christmas time deliveries. Impeccable packaging, delivery and overall ease of setup experience has been fabulous. Will buy again!

29.12.2014 10:07

Advantages

• "Nice toy"

Disadvantages

• Volume
      • "Will get annoying!"

A good first remote control for baby!

Since my boyfriend and I love the TV (I know, bad parents!) I decided that we should get Cameron his own remote control, so I asked my brother and family to get him this Fisher Price one for Christmas. It's rrp is £9.99, but it fluctuates in price, and can be as low as £6.99. It is for ages 6 months plus, so is an ideal first remote. There was an error on the Amazon website actually saying that it was from 6 months to 16 years, this made me laugh - can you imagine giving this to a 16 year old?!

I let Cameron have this one before Christmas, so he has been playing with it for a good while now. It comes with batteries included, so is ready to play with. It is a sturdy remote, and I imagine will withstand a fair bit of throwing around. It is mainly grey in colour, but has coloured buttons, and a big yellow smiley face in the middle at the top. It is a nice looking toy.

There are various buttons on the remote, including numbers, a stop and play, programme changer, volume, and music. When a key is pressed, the red light at the top of the remote flashes. The toy is educational for teaching numbers, and other little things.

One let down of the toy is that the volume is controlled by baby - there are two settings - loud, and not so loud. It would be good if this was controlled elsewhere and it could generally be quieter. I suppose if it gets too bad we'll take the batteries out.

The two voices are a woman (who also does the voiceover on the phone we have - which I don't like as much as this), and a man who does some of the spoken and sung bits. Her voice is going to get partciularly annoying since we will hear it on two of his toys.

Although this toy is going to get very annoying, Cameron does seem to really like it, and it is a great toy for him to play with now he can sit up on his own. Therefore I will give it 4 out of 5 stars.

• Johnson's Baby Lotion / Baby Care / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      29.12.2014 08:48

Advantages

• "Good value"
      • "Easily absorbed"
      • "Gentle to the skin"
      • "Clean scent"

Disadvantages

• "None that I have found"

A Lovely Lotion!

When we preparing for our new arrival a few months ago; I was keen to stock up on a number of baby skincare products. Johnsons are a brand whom I have always associate with producing quality baby skincare and so I knew that I wanted to buy a number of skincare options from their range one of which was this baby lotion.

Packaging and Presentation

This lotion is presented in a pale pink upright bottle which has not changed in appearance over the years I have been aware of it. The pink bottle does lend this product to a female user in my opinion but nevertheless the pastel hue does look nice in my babies powder blue nursery. On the back of the bottle we are told that this product is for ‘delicate skin’ and has an ‘unmistakeable’ baby fresh smell which is clinically mild and hypoallergenic.

The Lotion

The bottle opens via a flip top cap on the top of the bottle and the medium consistency moisturiser pours easily out of the small circular opening. The lotion is a pale pink colour to match that of the bottle and has an incredibly delicate and cotton fresh scent which I so often associate with the Johnsons brand of baby skincare. The lotion has a smooth and slightly oily consistency and I find that it rubs easily into my babies’ skin when applied.

Application and Use

Johnsons recommend that this lotion is applied to the babies’ entire body or applied with cotton wool to cleanse the skin. In our house I prefer to apply this lotion to my babies’ skin after he has had a bath. I use this lotion on his entire body including his face and find that it spreads easily across his skin with a gentle massaging lotion. Once applied I am pleasantly surprised with how quickly the cream is absorbed with his skin looking free of white lotion marks within minutes of application. After application my son has a slight sheen to his skin which I attribute to the conditioning properties of this product.

Results

After using this lotion I find that my babies’ skin feels much softer to the touch and is free from any of the slightly dry patches which he had been suffering from since birth. The skin looks healthier and has a lovely soft clean scent which lasts well into the next morning when I bathe my son the night before. I like this lotion so much that I have been known to use it on my own face and found it to be moisturising without being too oily therefore reducing breakouts.

Price and Availability

I have a 500ml bottle of this lotion which has lasted well over the past few weeks and I paid just £1.50 for it from my local Asda store. I consider this very good value for money and I will certainly be buying it again when my current bottle runs dry.

Recommend?

As a result of this review I would have to recommend this lotion highly and will therefore be scoring it a well-deserved five stars for excellence.

I hope this review has been of some help and thanks for reading! x

• Acer Veriton 7200 / Desktop PC / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      29.12.2014 06:11

Advantages

• "lots of features"
      • " cheap"
      • simple

Disadvantages

best pc on the market

I bought this computer for our tire shop we just opened up! Mine came with a 27" screen ands its windows 8 it has been very simple to use my husband can even use it which if you knew my husband that says alot it has done everything I've wanted it to do Facebook, Netflix, YouTube, tire websites, amazon, and many more! It has lots of storage space and it was very fast I loved having my email at my finger tips and the weather! Its a solid tower business desktop for the SMB market. It's powerful, with a quad-core processor that will make quick work of clerical and mid-level graphics tasks. It's a bit utilitarian looking, but that's fine considering the price. If you're looking to grab a few systems for hour new (or slowly expanding) office, then put this desktop near the top of your list.So I have more than one of these now and I can say that for the money this is one of the best systems in the world literally for what
      it does and what it is. I looked around a lot and if you need a business machine (not for high end gaming) then this is a really
      perfect system. It uses very little power. About .5 amps and under 100 watts. It has one of the top commercial CPUs in the world
      with a CPU benchmark of 8900 from "that cpu benchmark website" :). Which is in the same territory as $1000-$2000 CPUs. It
      can pack in 16 GB of ram (comes with 4 GB). It is small - about 1/3 the size of a normal system. It's almost too good to be
      true. But it is true. It was so popular that it has been back ordered a few times but they are now flowing in. Amazon
      support has been flawless with the customer service and helped me every time with shipping questions. Just really happy and I love ACER and Amazon
      right now in a big way.

Also, the HD is 7200 RPM SATA. And the thing is super silent in terms of fans. Side note and a little trick - if you
      don't like blinking lights on your computer put black electrical tape over them. Solved! There is an expansion slot
      but do not expect to put some crazy graphics card in because that is not what the system is for (220W power supply). It's for crunching data.
      It's a little beast and I love it.

• The Strangers (DVD) / DVD / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.12.2014 04:45

Advantages

• "Good use of lighting"
      • "Music and sound effects used effectively"
      • "The directors know how to build up suspense"

Disadvantages

• "It isn't completely Representative of its genre"
      • "It doesn't seem a very original idea and will probably compare easily to other films"

Violent Intrusion by three masked strangers

A couple returns from a wedding reception to stay in an Isolated home in the middle of nowhere near a forest overnight. A woman knocks on the door completely convinced that her friend lives in the house. They tell her that she is at the wrong address but the woman later knocks again. Soon begins a violent intrusion by three strangers wearing masks which hide their identity. The violence increases while it becomes a situation of how long the family can survive.
      The film is a thriller/horror. Typical of this genre:(last girl, final girl becomes masculinised by using a weapon, cut of all links to the outside world, hunt them down style, eliminates escape routes). The film revolves around the idea of random terror turning up at your front door. It's scary to think the strangers subjected them to this terror for just being home! For a film of this genre it is important for the final character to be female as she must go through terror and a large amount of viewers would reject it if a male character went through terror. The woman seen as the typical female of this genre – “a damsel in distress”. Although the idea of the dumb blonde has not been used here. Women are traditionally shown as the victim whereas men are seen as the monster and the hero. This is how women were treated until they had equal rights. In this case the man is seen as the monster after shooting his friend by mistake. The idea of the female character being seen as the hero is a more modern conception of this genre which has been influenced by feminism.
      The use of music and sound effects to create suspense, Jumpy moments build up with music to add suspense, good use of lighting (extra dark outside so that you cannot see what the strangers look like, darkness also adds suspense with the fact that the couple even have trouble spotting the strangers who are chasing them and watching them) , Good use of prosthetic makeup to create the would effects when the guy visiting gets his head blown. Scott Speedman and Liv Tyler make their roles convincing and add realistic characterisation to the film as a whole.
      I feel as if the film could have reached a better ending. I have seen other films with the same idea except different situations. I prefer movies which stand out from all others and this one reminds me of a few films with the same idea running through them.
      The directors managed to get the suspense build up perfect in order to make you jump despite having an idea of what is about to happen anyway. The use of music and sound effects helped to build up the suspense until something happened. Personally this isn't one of my favorite films but in terms of a thriller it works since the director managed to perfectly build up suspense without making it uninteresting to the viewers.

• MAC Eyeshadow / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.12.2014 03:20

Advantages

• Pigmented
      • "Long lasting"

Disadvantages

Amazing!

I have owned five MAC eye shadow in the shades: All That Glitters, Shroom, Arena, Honey Lust and Jest. These are all neutral shades so I can't really comment on any of the bright ones MAC offers. I ordered mine from the MAC website and I paid £13 and on their website there are over one hundred shades to choose from. The packaging is a black plastic container with a clear plastic lid with MAC written on it. The clear lid is useful since you would be able to see the exact colour of the eye shadow without having to individually open it to see. The packaging does feel expensive and you can tell it is of a good quality. Alternatively, you can buy a palette then just buy the pans to fill the palette with which are slightly cheaper (£10 instead of £13). When applying these eye shadows they don't crumble down onto my face like other brands I have tried do and they have a long staying power and my eye shadow does not crease or smudge throughout the day. They blend together beautifully and they are very pigmented but if you wanted them to look even more intense you could apply them with a wet brush. I really cannot pick any faults with these eye shadows. Overall, I think that £13 is not much to pay for such an amazing quality product. I would recommend MAC eye shadows to anybody looking for pigmented and long wearing eye shadows.

29.12.2014 01:48

Advantages

• Inexpensive

Disadvantages

• "Not very pigmented"

Good product

I bought this eye shadow trio for about £5 or £6 and what drew my attention to this was that these were everyday colours and I would get quite a lot of use out of them. I found that the colours are not very pigmented but if you wet the brush you are applying it with it will make the colours more intense. The packaging this product came in is quite sturdy and the clear plastic lid has not cracked like with other eye shadows I have previously owned. Also this eyes shadow palette comes with a sponge applicator, but I prefer to use my own brush. The size of this palette is quite small so it fits into any make up bags so I can carry it around on the go. It comes with three different colours, the first in a shimmery champagne colour which would look good as a highlight on the brow bone or in the inner corners to brighten up the eye. The second colour is slightly darker and could be used as an all over lid colour and the third is a medium brown which could be used to darken up the outer edges to give a more dramatic look. I've found that these eye shadows do not fade or wear off and last a good amount of time. I have had this trio for ages and I still have loads left so they definitely last a long time so it is good value, especially for such a low price. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys wearing neutral eye shadows and wants an affordable palette.

29.12.2014 00:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good luck getting through the first level!

As a kid The Simpsons: Bart Vs The Space Mutants was one of the games I had for the Sega Mega Drive.

~ Storyline ~
      The story is that space mutants have invaded Springfield and have taken over people’s bodies so that they don’t look like space mutants, but Bart Simpson has special goggles and is the only one who can see them as the space mutants that they really are.

I have seen the game played to the end online.
      There are various missions throughout the game where Bart has to spray paint everything that is purple and collect hats from people and in another level he has to collect balloons from Krustyland.

~ My thoughts ~
      Me and my sisters used to play this game a lot and we never passed the first level.
      My partner said he had this game as a child and he never got through the first level either and I have read others saying the same.
      I don’t think I understood the whole idea when I was a kid. I just wanted to get through the level, maybe spray paint a few things and then move on to another level like other games.
      I could often get to the end, but the rock throwing contest was not something I ever won.
      The controls were not as smooth as on other games of the time and you would often think you could jump over something, but didn’t manage.
      Even though we were no good at it my sisters and I did enjoy the different parts of the level and used to look forward to getting to the skateboarding part. We even enjoyed watching each other play even though we weren’t very good.

This game is far too difficult for its target audience.
      I did enjoy playing on the first level, but it is frustrating being unable to go any further and it is clearly not just myself who thinks the same. I have read the same thing many times.
      I like the idea of the game, but it just isn’t very good. It is too difficult. There are too many ways of getting killed off and I think the game is one that should have been aimed at older game players, but it has Bart Simpson in, which 90’s kids are going to love.
      I want to like it, but in reality it’s not great!

29.12.2014 00:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

An amazing trilogy that tugs on your heart strings, and all for an affordable price

Mass Effect is an amazing trilogy with a brilliant story line and turly unique characters that toy with your emotions and makes you care for them on a personal level.

GAMEPLAY
      Mass Effect as a whole is no different to any other third person shooter, BUT, the most interesting thing about the gameplay is that each choice you make throughout Sheperd's journey affects how the next game will play out. With Mass Effect, Bioware has done something that no other game (to my knowledge) has done, it makes you care about the fate of the galaxy, your character, your companions and it can even make you fall in love.

The trilogy's best feature is you can customize your Shepard to look however you want, giving the feeling of a more personalised game. You can carry your save file from the first game to the second, and from the second to the third. It adds to a truly unique experience.

For a better experience, it is advised that you download all available DLC to add to the game's story. Citadel DLC being the last DLC released by Bioware is a fun little add-on, a final farewell to Shepard, the Normandy and the crew you have come to view as family.

You may also play in multiplayer matches on Xbox Live, where you have a team of 5 people teaming up against various enemies in order to secure their section of the Galaxy.

GRAPHICS
      Graphics are brilliant, improving throughout the trilogy and fits the trilogy's theme well. Beautiful art and character design too.

SOUND
      The trilogy's soundtrack was composed by Sam Hulick, Jack Wall and various other composers. Each track is beautifully composed and really adds to the atmosphere and overall feeling of the scenes through out the games.

My personal opinion on the trilogy? It's a one in a million game for me where I became Sheperd and saved my home and galaxy from an artificial intelligence that wanted to wipe out all organic life when they became too advanced for their own good. Each character, I felt, was unique and well written, who's stories made me laugh, cry and eventually made me fall for a certain turian badboy.

It is truly an amazing game and not be looked over.

• ELC Crinkle Caterpillar / Baby Toy / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      28.12.2014 21:44

Advantages

• "Pretty colours"
      • "Lovely toy"

Disadvantages

A lovely colourful newborn caterpillar toy!

This Early Learning Crinkle Caterpillar was a gift when Cameron was born, and although he hasn't actually told me, I think that it is one of his favourite toys. I call him Mr. Caterpillar because I'm not very imaginative with names, and I might not remember it otherwise.

Looking on the Early Learning website I can't find the one which is the same as this one, although we have recently been given the one which is on the website (which costs £5.60 currently, down from the usual £8). Our one is the same as dooyoo's picture.

The caterpillar is a jolly looking fellow with a multicoloured body and legs, with yellow face (with smiley features) and feet. He is wearing a blue hat. The caterpillar is made of that lovely crinkly material (hence the name) that baby toys often are. It also has a bell in it which makes a noise when rattled. It has velcro straps on it, so can easily be attached to a pushchair or car seat.

This would make a lovely gift for a newborn baby of either sex, and is bound to become a favourite. Cameron likes to dribble on him, and pick him up and drop him so that I can retrieve it for him. In fact it was Mr. Caterpillar who gave Cameron some of his first proper laughs when I came towards him with the caterpillar saying "Weeeeeeee"! It was worth it just for that!

5 out of 5 stars from me and Cameron!

• Maybelline Falsies Mascara / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.12.2014 21:43

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • Inexpensive

Disadvantages

Good value for money

I have had repurchased this mascara multiple times because it is such a good product for a very reasonable price. Firstly, I really like the brush on this product because if you use it one way it creates an everyday look and the other side makes it more dramatic or you can use the first side then make outer eyelashes more dramatic. Also the brush is the shape of your eyelashes so it makes sure the product is evenly distributed onto the eyelashes. The pigmentation of this product is quite good and I like having very black mascara. The consistency of this mascara is very good as it doesn't make my eyelashes appear clumpy and they are separated. But this mascara didn't hold the curl in my eyelashes, so throughout the day my lashes didn't look as long and full as they could have been. Also I found this mascara did flake onto my face throughout the day. This mascara did last all day for me, it even lasted well in the rain. I think that this mascara is very good value for money and is perfect for those who don't want to spend a lot of money on make up, but for me I would probably not use it again since I have found slightly more expensive mascaras that work better for me (Benefit They're Real and Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume). Overall, I would probably recommend this to anyone wanting a decent mascara without spending that much money.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown