• Toshiba Satellite Pro A200SE-16Z / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.01.2015 20:09

Advantages

• "Looks good"

Disadvantages

• "Speakers quiet"

Good for its age and price!

Got this laptop around 2/3 years ago now and it is still going strong. I am a student who uses the laptop for a wide range of things from writing essays to searching the web all day to playing games, listening to music, watching online TV and movies, and using programmes such as Microsoft word and iTunes and Skype. All has work well with this laptop and the only fault I can think of off the top of my head would be that the speakers are very quiet, however when I use the speakers it is always through my TV or a set of speakers anyways. Has 3 USB connectors which Is useful if like my you like to connect many devices at a time to the laptop and has an hdmi slot to connect the laptop to show sound and picture through a TV/ monitor. It is a very lightweight laptop for its time however there are now many newer ones half the weight if this, although it is still light enough to carry around and sit with comfortably. It is a good size and I have never once wished for a desktop instead. The only problem I have had with things breaking on the laptop was the power cable however these are replaceable for a mere £5/10, quite good considering my laptop has been dropped multiple times and even down the stairs on the odd occasion. it is an easy to use and convenient laptop which I couldn't really fault.

• Blind Beauty - K.M. Peyton / Junior Book / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.01.2015 19:48

Advantages

• "Not childish"
      • "Good story line"

Disadvantages

• "Heavy read"

Overall a brilliant book!

I was a little dubious when my mum bought me this book however on reading it (maybe more than a few times) I have to say I love it. It is totally not what you expect in any way and involves a horsey take while not following the conventions of this type of book. It follows a very troubled girl, Tessa, in her troubled life and her journey upon finding an equally troubled horse. It has a mixture of love, happiness and sadness and there is never a dull moment. However this is not a children's horsey story as it involves some issues not best suited to young readers however I think teens, especially those who love horses but not those alone, will love this book. It has everything you want from a good story. It is one of those books that you don't want to put down and which will have you crying with laughter one minuets then crying with sadness the next. It never fails to clutch at my heart strings and inspire me no matter how many times I read it. It teaches us that young girls with bad attitudes can do well if they believe it and want it enough and I think could teach young girls that were they to read it. It is brilliantly written however brutally honest about life in parts about finding who you are and where you belong. It tells it how it is, especially about the horse racing world which can be very artificial in stories.

• Breville VBL062 / Blender / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.01.2015 19:31

Advantages

• "Blends well"
      • "Easy to use"
      • Fast

Disadvantages

• "Hard to clean"

Would defiantly recommend!

We just bought this blender in our flat at uni and we love it!! It does the same job as the nutribullet but for a mere fraction of the price! We haven't yet found anything you cannot put in it or that it will not blend with ease. We mainly use it for blending fruits for juices and smoothies and it fills this purpose excellently. It's very small and lightweight and therefore does not take up a load of bench space and the fact that you can use the bottle you blend it in to drink it from too is brilliant and efficient. Practically every part of it including both the bottles and blades can go in the dishwasher meaning it is easy to clean however cleaning by hand can be difficult. Can also be used to blend things to make soup, milkshake a etc. doing a great job of all. Very user friendly, simply place blade lid onto bottle, twist onto blender, blend using the one and only button, them replace blades with bottle top and off you go! Never had it leak yet and although it has a very powerful moter it does not make that much noise. Very robust device perfect for anyone on diets including lots of smoothies, shakes, or soups or simerlally someone who is big on the gym to make their protein shakes tastier. Would make a great and not too expensive gift, especially for a health nut and when ordered off amazon came in great quick time!

27.01.2015 19:09

Advantages

• "can still use all functions on phone"
      • "phone fits in easily"
      • light-weight
      • "protects phone"

Disadvantages

• "not very pretty to look at"

Not the best looking phone case but it does protect my phone.

PRODUCT: When I bought my new mobile phone I wanted to keep it protected as much as possible so I wanted a decent case for it. I found this one on eBay and when looking up the brand it sounded quite good. This flexible Impact Shell provides outstanding impact protection for the back and sides of your Samsung Galaxy S5. The shell is a slim fit and weighs just 35g so is also light as well. The shell is created with a TPU formula which is known for its flexibility and abrasive resistance. The scientifically proven shock absorbing D30 material lines this smooth smell surrounding your phone with intelligent impact protection. This particular shell has a smooth, glossy finish to it and it allows you to function all parts of your phone without any problems.

PRICE: I purchased this from eBay for £24.99 but you can purchase it from Amazon as well. The case comes in Smokey, Pink and Blue.

IN USE: The shell is fairly easy to put on the phone as it’s slightly flexible so it can be bent slightly to enable you to get the phone into the cover properly. The case is a very good fit and I am able to use the buttons on the side of my phone still without any problems. Even the volume buttons when talking on the actual phone. This case isn’t the most attractive as the impact material in the case is an orange colour which is the same throughout all the different colours. The back part of the case is clear though with the appropriate hole cut out for the camera and speaker at the back. This case isn’t the most attractive but I’m not really that bothered so long as it protects my phone and prevents any damage being done to it, should I happen to accidentally drop it. I had had my phone in this case for a good 4-5 months now and I haven’t come across any problems with it at all. I have dropped the phone once, on soft flooring and thankfully I didn’t damage the phone which was probably helped by the case. This case does not protect the front of your phone so if you happen to drop the phone and it lands face down the chances are that the screen would probably break or at least crack or chip.

OVERALL: Not the best looking phone case but it does protect my phone.

• Pukka Night Time / Tea / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.01.2015 18:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Don't like the bed bugs bite zzzzz

A rebranded and new look tea this is a night time tea from the product shown.

This is different from other nighttime tea blends I've ever tried.
      This has a unique combination of
      LIMEFLOWER
      OAT FLOWER
      LAVENDER

The LIMEFLOWER has been added to create a peaceful and calm mind through the senses. Lime flower is known by herbalist to give of a sense of peace and this is added with the lavender to create the taste and scent together to aid a better nights sleep.
      The OAT FLOWER will give your body the nitrients throughout the night to aid a restorative feeling in the morning.

Overall I have tried better and stronger tasting nighttime teas but this is still a wonderful tea that genuinely is worth paying for and I would still recommend it.
      I didn't leave this in to long as I usually would if it were a plain old chamomile, but the OAT FLOWER can hyjack the taste as left to long it can turn the tea to sweet if less to stew to long

I weirdly benefited from the scent more than the taste, if this could be used as a pillow mist it would be fabulous. I tend to find that two cups helps me to fall off to sleep when its been a hard day at work, again brewed lightly this is really worth paying.

This is perfect for anyone that is/ or:
      VEGAN
      WILD
      ORGANIC
      VEGETARIAN
      KOSHER

This is an award winning tea product of the PUKKA tea range and each box contains 20 sachets.

27.01.2015 18:30

Advantages

• "helps eczema a great deal"
      • "doesn't sting"
      • "relieves itching"
      • cooling

Disadvantages

• "works out expensive"
      • "don't particularly like the smell"

A product that actually works on my itchy eczema

PRODUCT: This product is suitable for anyone suffering from eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and itchy skin. This is a natural product and is totally free from steroids, hormones, cortisones, peroxides, alcohol, parabens, anti-biotics and the products is not tested on animals. This spray is formulated to provide a safe, effective and practical solution for problem skin. This spray deals with the symptoms commonly experienced during a flare up and also the need to manage skin on a longer term basis. This spray should stop itching within a matter of minutes and within the first few hours of applying this product your skin should feel more supple and less tight. The natural formula has no side effects so is suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The spray is also non greasy, so there will be no staining on clothes or bed linen.

PRICE: I purchased this from my local Boots store. The spray does come in various different sizes but I had to purchase the 50ml bottle of spray as this is the smallest one they had for £9.99.

IN USE: Sake the bottle and hold no more than 10cm from the skin and spray liberally onto the affected areas. Repeat this 3-4 times a day. As the skin starts to return to normality you can gradually reduce application. I decided to try this only on one particular patch of skin for now to see what it was like. This particular patch is the itchiest out of them all. The spray comes out in a fine mist and instantly feels cooling on the skin. Some creams and lotions make my eczema sting but I didn't experience this with this product. The product does have a menthol scent to it, so I tend to spray it in the bathroom rather than my bedroom as I didn’t want it smelling of menthol in there. I will admit that the patch of skin seemed to look rather red after applying the product but I no longer felt the need to scratch it anymore.

RESULTS: After using the spray for 3-4 days my eczema definitely wasn’t as itchy as it had been and it didn’t feel or look as dry or red as it had been before I had started using the spray. I have to admit that I was impressed with the results so far but would give it another few days/weeks to see what the results were like then. With regular use of this product my eczema seems to have cleared up a great deal and is no longer itchy or dry. I still have faint marks where the eczema was but it's greatly improved and I am feeling confident again now. This product does work out rather expensive if you have a lot of eczema to treat but it worked for me. Although having said that it might not work for everyone.

OVERALL: A great spray for my eczema despite the smell.

• Pukka Love Tea / Tea / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      27.01.2015 18:24

Advantages

Disadvantages

Love this tea, boom boom

This is just simply one of the most beautiful blends of teas I think I have tasted.

This is a gorgeous combination of
      ROSE
      LAVENDAR
      CHAMOMILE
      And comes from the 'FEEL ALIVE' range and apparently this is what love does:)
      Their are 10 different blends in the FEEL ALIVE range and I would highly recommend you check out their website as the stories behind the teas and how they came to be are quite cute xx PUKKAHERBS.CO.UK XX

For a tea drinker like myself that likes incredibly strong tea, enough to leave the teabag in I was very surprised to enjoy this more than I thought becasue this is a light tea when brewed. I tend to leave the teabag in with most of the PUKKA TEAS range but not with this particular blend as lighter is better.

My family and I went to a lovely dainty cafe before seeing the Jersey boys where they sold Rose and Lavendar tea and I was hooked, the moment you walked into that cafe these two flavours just chilled you out and was very calming.
      I hunted everywhere and tried so many different brands of Rose and Lavendar before this feel into my hands and I adore it, it definitely is the closet I've found.

I've never really taken notice of the PUKKA teas range before but the branding is looking much better and lately I've noticed their benefit more for healtheir teas.
      Although I do find their tea boxes inside seem to covered with tea dust and it tends to get into the water but the taste really is exceptional with these teas, given if you like the blends of course.

• Brabantia 30L Touch Bin / Bin / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.01.2015 18:23

Advantages

• "Nice looking bin"

Disadvantages

• "Clicky top breaks"
      • "Not practical"
      • Expensive

Nice looking bin, but expensive and impractical! Get a pedal bin!

I can't believe Im writing about a bin, but hey, here we go! Please don't make the mistake I did and buy a bin because it looks good and sits nicely in your kitchen over time it will no longer look nice as it gets worn and stained. Then you rue the fact that you didn't purchase the bin based on something more sensible like its practicality.

So like I have mentioned I bought this bin based on its looks. I bought a new house and had a new kitchen with cream doors. So I thought why not buy an attractive cream bin to match the cream cupboard doors of my new kitchen . I paid around £80 for this bin from John Lewis. The bin is now stained by bin juice which has run down the sides of the bin and is now not shiny cream coloured anymore. It is also scuffed.

I wanted a large bin so thought 30L was sufficient and I thought Id get a tall thin bin rather than a wide short bin as this would take up less space. The reality is than if you get a tall, thin bin the bag you put in it fills in not time and gets stuck more easily and tears as you try to get the bag out. This leaves rubbish falling all over your kitchen floor. So remember, short and wide rather than tall and thin (yes, im still talking about the bin).

This bin has a clicky top that you push in and the lid will pop up. This breaks after a couple of months and is in now way as useful as a pedal which saves you bending over, leaves your hands free and is generally far more resilient and durable.

• Schwarzkopf Color Mask / Hair Care / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      27.01.2015 18:12

Advantages

• "Great conditioner"
      • "Nice colour"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Fades fairly quickly "
      • Smell

An easy to use hair colourant

I normally go to the hairdresser for highlights but sometimes when I am trying to save money, I colour my hair myself. This is one that I have used a few times now and really rated it for ease of use and also results.

About the colourants

This is designed to be an easy to use colourant and you apply in the same way as a hair mask. It also doesn't drip once applied to your hair. It has an amino-active protein in the colourant to strengthen hair and the conditioner has shea butter in it to nourish hair.

In Use

This is very easy to use.

Firstly you remove the inlay from the jar and add the tube of colour creme to the jar then shake the tub forty times to mix the ingredients together. Then start to apply the colour using your fingers to dry hair. As it a crème formula, it doesn't drip and I find it very easy to apply.

One thing that I should mention that did freak me out when I first used this colourant was the bright blue colour creme and it remains blue while it develops.

After waiting for around 45 minutes, I went to rinse out the colourant. I found that it was very easy to wash out and within around two minutes, the water was running clear, which meant that I had washed out all of the colourant.

I then use the nicely scented rich conditioner and leave it for around two to three minutes before rinsing. As the conditioner contains shea, it has a nice slightly nutty scent although sadly it doesn't really last very long on my hair after use.

Results

The first time that I used this, I only left it on around 25 minutes and I was left with hair that had a slight pearl blonde shimmer and I was very happy with the results. The second time, I left it on longer and while I wasn't as happy with the colour, it was even so I can't complain too much. It isn't quite the colour on the front of the box but it is a quite light blonde.

I also found that for a few washes after using this colourant, my hair still feels quite soft and the condition is noticeably better.

I did find that the first time I used this colourant, the colour did fade quite quickly but I did get around six weeks of decent colour from the box before it started to fade - similar to some other colourants I have used in the past.

Price and Availability

I bought mine from Savers where it cost me £3.99. It is available for a similar price in most chemists, pharmacies and I have even seen some colours in Home Bargains for the same price.

27.01.2015 18:10

Advantages

• "Nice smooth tasting cofee"
      • "Looks great"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive capsules"

Great looking, easy to use, great tasting cofee! Expensive capsules

I received this coffee maker as a present from my parents in law as a house warming present we we purchased our first home. They retail for around £200 if you get the milk frother aswell as the coffee maker. The machine we got is red and chrome. It looks really nice and sits pride of place in the center of our kitchen. We also bought a rack that holds the capsules upright which we place next to the machine.

It comes boxed and consists of the machine, a milk frother, a power lead and an instruction manual which is clearly written with diagrams, easy to read and easy to follow. It is translated into several common languages. With the machine you get a packet of free capsules to go into the machine. Around 30 I believe. You get a variety of different blends of nespresso coffee including decaff. It is really easy to set up and takes no more than 10 minutes to assemble and then you are ready to go. It makes lovely smooth, great tasting coffee and it takes around 2 minutes to froth the milk in the frother. It is quite a noisy machine, and you'll know if its going off in the morning if your partners making coffee whilst your still asleep.

I would love to say that we use it every day but primarily it is for an odd evening treat or when family/friends/guests come around. This is because it costs about 30p a capsule of cofefe. So if there is 2 of you that's 60p a pop. The price of 30p a capsule is if you buy the coffee in a bulk box of around 200 capsules and is more expensive if you buy a smaller quantity.

27.01.2015 18:09

Advantages

• "great communication"

Disadvantages

Good products and service

Ordered a toilet and matching sink + some accessories. Order and shipping communication was very good. The instructions for installation could have been a little better. I would recommend to everyone.

• Pukka Elderberry & Echinacea Tea / Tea / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      27.01.2015 17:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

A wonderful health tea. x

This is part of PUKKA TEAS super fruity teas range.

There are three in this family of teas
      LEMON AND MANDARIN
      WILD APPLE AND CINNAMON
      ELDERBERRY AND ECHINACEA

I've tried many different version versions of Raspberry and Echinacea and was pleased to find another blend of berry with Echinacea.
      The raspberry version is quite uplifting and fruity this is exactly as the brand markets it, a soothing and comforting taste and very warming, it seems to have a nice little-added spice to it.

I brewed this for a little more than 5 minutes simply because of personal taste, I love strong tea and the same goes with fruit teas.
      This is great as a hot tea but bitter as a cold tea so for me I recommend this as a summer cooling drink.

The only niggly negative I have about PUKKA teas depending on how you look at it, it the teabags are covered with dust from the teas. You can look at this as authentic looking but it can add to your cup and float to the top of the mug if you don't brush it or beat the bag a little to knock of the dust.

For those with a real interest in the health benefits like myself I was very surprised by this aspect of PUKKA teas. Their teas are good in the following ways:

VEGAN
      SOYA FREE
      ORGANIC
      FAIRWILD
      CAFFEINE FREE

This is really tries to include everyone into the goodness of their teas, although I do not have a but allergy I love the fact that this is marketed as 'nut free' because brands rarely do this and here is a good choice but do go to the website to double check xx pukkaherbs.co.uk

• www.betterbathrooms.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      27.01.2015 17:51

Advantages

• "quick delivery"
      • "good price"
      • "quality products"

Disadvantages

Product arrived on time. Good price and good quality.

Product arrived on time. Good price and good quality.

• Twinings Raspberry and Echinacea / Tea / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      27.01.2015 17:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

A good winter drink

Raspberry was originally used to dye clothes someone must have had thought this would make a great tea!

Then they realised that this is packed with great vitamins that can help boost your immune system, breaks down sugars, heart health and antioxidants, plus lots more, if you are using this specifically for health benefits then please do check out the benefits or risks with a professional.
      It is recommended to drink this once a day to feel any health benefits but I really just wanted to cut down on black tea and try something different instead of plain water, as tasty as it is.
      Plus Twinnings have made a tea out of Raspberry which is subtle, this can be a bit sour if brewed too long thankfully the echinacea bring out a really lovely balance flavour where you can drink something that otherwise could be too sour.

Unlike other Twinning brands this, in my personal opinion, is only good as a hot drink as intende,d I just have this bad habit of seeing what thier fruit and herbal teas are like as cold drinks, this is not one to try cold.
      But I think the flavour works well with a small drop of honey, I like the sour taste but need that balance with a bit of sweetness and that brings the flavour together well. I tend to drink this mainly in Winter for the benefits

Ths is available in most stores and if you shop around online you're bound to find a cracking deal out there. x

• Acer Aspire 8000 / Desktop PC / 4 Readings / 2 Ratings
      27.01.2015 17:22

Advantages

• lightweigh
      • reliable
      • "reasonably fast"

Disadvantages

• "memory not enough"
      • "can lag"

overall this 8000 is a very good product, i would highly recommend it to anyone!

The TravelMate comes with the full contingent of ports: four USB 2.0 ports (all placed on the left side), a FireWire port, audio line in, DVI-I (for both digital and analog video out—the only notebook in the group to have this), VGA, and S-Video. Security-conscious organizations will be happy to see the integrated Smart Card Reader, which can limit access to only authorized card holders. Network connectivity is via Gigabit Ethernet, and best of all, Centrino G wireless. The Acer TravelMate 8000 pleasantly surprised us. This 6.6-pound portable is reasonably easy for road-going professionals to take along, and comes with a full complement of features: 15-inch screen, robust ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics, fast 4,200-rpm hard drive, Bluetooth, and even a DVD+/-RW burner. Add to that very good performance and battery life at a reasonable price ($2,499 direct) and you see why the TravelMate is an Editors' Choice for individuals and small businesses.

The TravelMate comes with the full contingent of ports: four USB 2.0 ports (all placed on the left side), a FireWire port, audio line in, DVI-I (for both digital and analog video out—the only notebook in the group to have this), VGA, and S-Video. Security-conscious organizations will be happy to see the integrated Smart Card Reader, which can limit access to only authorized card holders. Network connectivity is via Gigabit Ethernet, and best of all, Centrino G wireless.The Acer TravelMate 8000 pleasantly surprised us. This 6.6-pound portable is reasonably easy for road-going professionals to take along, and comes with a full complement of features: 15-inch screen, robust ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics, fast 4,200-rpm hard drive, Bluetooth, and even a DVD+/-RW burner. Add to that very good performance and battery life at a reasonable price ($2,499 direct) and you see why the TravelMate is an Editors' Choice for individuals and small businesses.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown