• Bakers Complete Small Dog / Dog Food / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      23.10.2014 18:07

Advantages

• "Leaves my dog full up and satisfied"
      • "Easy to eat for small dogs"
      • "Smaller pieces than usual"

Disadvantages

• "None really although it pongs a bit for a dry food!"

Jake's Favourite Food

When we bought our dog he was only a few weeks old so I went straight to the shop to look for some puppy food for him, eventually settling on Bakers Puppy which seemed to suit him and he enjoyed his meals massively so I knew he liked it. One day however I just couldn't find it in any of the shops near me so I bought Bakers Small Dog instead and have continued to buy this food ever since as it suits him down to the ground.

It's a dry food, I buy it in a box for ease of storage but you can purchase larger bags and make a bit of a saving (not enough for me to justify taking up the whole kitchen window sill though!). There are shaped biscuits in the food which are mixed with meaty chunks, it's normal Bakers Complete food but all the components of the food have been shrunk down to fit small mouths. Jake is a Jack Russell and you don't get much smaller than that, to be honest he'll happily eat the larger pieces from non-Small Dog food but he does seem to be able to eat a little quicker when he has this one (although whether that's a good thing or not is open to debate!).

I don't measure his food out, he's fed twice a day but often has fresh meat instead of dog food so it's impossible to say how long the box lasts - I don't buy it more than once a week even when I'm being strict and keeping the human food away from him, I've learned how much he can eat in one sitting and just give him that as I don't like to see a dog grazing on an always-full food bowl all day long.

He's healthy and doesn't beg for food (except through greed!) so I'm positive it's feeding him well, he drinks quite a lot and personally I think this food has a pretty salty smell so maybe that's the reason - I did notice a couple of weeks ago when he had an almost exclusive fresh chicken diet that he didn't seem to drink as much so I'm sure there's a connection.

I actually don't know how much this costs but I'm thinking around the £4 mark, I buy it so routinely every week that I don't check the price label these days and just bung it into the trolley when I'm shopping!

23.10.2014 18:04

Advantages

• "no side effects"
      • "worked for me"

Disadvantages

• "none for me"

Sudafed blocked nose capsules

For the past few weeks I have been suffering from a horrible cold. As far as I’m concerned the worst thing about a cold is the blocked nose. Having tried all manor of remedies I decided it was time to talk to the pharmacist in Boots to see if she could recommend anything that would help. She recommend I try Sudafed blocked nose capsules and so I took her advise.

Sudafed blocked nose capsules come in blue and white cardboard box containing 24 capsules. I paid £4.99 for the pack and was keen to start taking them. The capsules contain phenylephrine hydrochloride an effective decongestant. They also contain lactose (worth knowing in case you are intolerant). The information leaflet states that you should take 1 capsule with water up to a maximum of 4 capsules in a 24 hour period. The treatment should not exceed 7 days and if your symptoms persist you should see your GP. The capsules are not recommended for children under 12 or pregnant women.

When I started to take these capsules I had been suffering for about 10 days and so I guess the cold was on its way out. However after a few doses I really did feel better and my nose was noticeably less blocked. I continued taking the capsules for 5 days by which time I was back to normal. I suffered no adverse side effects although there are several possible ones listed such as palpitations, nausea and headaches. The capsules can also cause urine retention in men!

The capsules are non drowsy (although I would have welcomed a drowsy feeling at bedtime!) and can be used to help with nasal congestion caused by hay fever and allergies. Overall I would definitely buy these capsules again should the need arise as they seemed to be very effective with no unwanted side effects.

• Acer Aspire 5740G-334G32MN / Laptop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.10.2014 17:41

Advantages

• "Surround Sound"
      • "Webcam Quality"
      • "Processor Speed"

Disadvantages

• "Maybe keyboard depends on your preference"
      • Weight

A great laptop, value for money and quick with a different style keyboard.

The ACER Aspire 5740G has a Intel core i3 processor, 16:9 HD LED true cinematic view, 15.6” screen, 1 HDMI output socket, 4 GB memory , a crystal eye built in webcam for low light video chatting, Dolby home theatre virtual surround sound and has a 6-cell li-ion battery.
      When I first got this Acer laptop (as I’ve had others before) I was a bit unsure about the keyboard as its different to any other I’ve used, the keys are not raised blocks they are flat blocks all on the same level, but after a lot of use I prefer this one now as typing is a lot easier.
      The webcam is excellent and a long with great surround sound video chat is perfect. The memory and processor work perfect together and is very quick. I particularly like this Acer as it has 4 USB outlets which to me are essential. Ok for the size it’s a bit weighty and yes heavier than the more modern laptops on the market but for the price and what you get it’s a great buy. 4/5 for me.

23.10.2014 17:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

Gianfranco Ferré Mood for Love Pure Eau de Toilette

The Gianfranco Ferré Mood for Love Pure Eau de Toilette is available for GBP 28.00.

The Eau de Toilette comes in a round flacon decorated with pink nuances. On the flacon is the product name. The flacon contains 50 ml.

The Eau de Toilette is described as follows. "In the Mood For Love Pure is classified as a fruity fragrance for women. In The Mood for Love Pure brings us the essence of pure love and incorporates feelings of a young woman who gets in touch with first love excitement and meets her first love in an utterly honest and innocent way. In The Mood For Love Pure sings with top notes include bergamot, pears, black currant, peach and Pink Lady apple. The heart beats in clear rhythm of rose, cherry blossom, lily and jasmine, while the base cuddles aromas of cream wood, musk and cedar."

The Eau de Toilette is fresh with a floral scent. A fruity, intensive scent can be noticed. The scent reminds of peach, pears and apples. Afterwards the floral scent of cherry blossom and jasmine can be perceived. Followed by a soft musk scent. The main accords are fruity and sweet. The Eau de Toilette is not too pushy and not too intensive. The intensity is moderate.

The top note is composed of bergamot, nashi pears, black currant buds, peach zest and Pink Lady apple. Followed by the middle note, that is made up of rose, cherry blossom, lily and jasmine. The base notes are cream wood, musk and cedar.

The Eau de Toilette is long-lasting and holds up to 8 hours.

I can recommend the Gianfranco Ferré Mood for Love Pure Eau de Toilette, as the scent is long-lasting. The Eau de Toilette is not too intensive, the main accords are fruity and sweet.

23.10.2014 16:47

Advantages

• "Great quality"
      • Tasty

Disadvantages

Best quality Amaretto on the market!

If you like sweet drinks and generally have a sweet tooth and a bit of a thing for marzipan and almonds then you will love Amaretto. There is various companies that make Amaretto but the best known is probably Disaronno. In my opinion their Amaretto is also the best quality. A 500ml bottle will generally cost you around £13-14 in most big supermarkets but sometimes you can pick this ip for a tenner, especially around Christmas.

I love drinking Amaretto with coke but as this is a very sweet drink already sometimes its best to mix it with diet coke so it does not get too sickly sweet. It will taste a bit like alcoholic Dr Pepper which of course has a marzipan flavour to it. So if you like Dr Pepper give this a go.
      It is also a great addition to cocktails, there is many different cocktails recipes available online. And of course it is nice enough to drink neat, more so than cheaper brands. You can really tell the difference in quality.
      I have also baked using Amaretto. Any recipe that contains almonds can be enhanced with a swig of Amaretto. My favourite are the Hummingbird bakery chocolate truffle cookies. I tend to put about 3 or 4 times the recommended amount of this as it is such a great flavour.

Overall this is one of my favourite alcoholic drinks. It is so versatile and I just love the taste of it I tend to stock up when it is on offer.

23.10.2014 16:43

Advantages

• Professional
      • Reliable
      • Quick

Disadvantages

I would definately reccommend these to anyone!

I looked around online for someone to print some business cards for my handmade gemstone bracelet company called gemstonebracelet.net. I ordered some cards that I designed myself using my own logo and I am delighted by how professional they look. They arrived two days after I ordered them as well so really quick service! Will definately use them again!
      I will recommend this company to my friends and I urge you to give them a try. I know that you will not be disappointed!

When I ordered the cards, I did not think that they would arrive so quick and before I knew it, they had arrived at my door. They really show the character of my company and I am delighted with the result. I have to say that they must beat the opposition hands down! See for yourself!

23.10.2014 16:03

Advantages

• "They stop diarrhoea. "

Disadvantages

• "Medicine may mask a life-threatening condition"
      • "Unnecessarily expensive."

I Buy a Much Better Value Alternative

Imodium Capsules in their classic original form contain 2mg of loperamide hydrochloride.

I have taken them and found them to be very effective in the control of diarrhoea.

However, the generic ingredient of loperamide hydrochloride is the same that can be found in a number of own brand products, which can be bought considerably cheaper. Examples of current prices are as follows.

PRICES

At BOOTS you can buy Imodium Classics 12 capsules for £5.99 or 18 for £7.99. Alternatively you can buy Boots Diarrhoea Relief capsules, which will do the same job, with the same active ingredient, costing £2.19 for 6, £4.29 for 12, or £5.99 for 18.

At SUPERDRUG the prices are Imodium Classics 6 for £3.19 or Superdrug Acute Diarrhoea Relief 6 for £1.99.

At SAINSBURYS 6 Imodium cost £2.30 or 6 Sainsbury’s Anti-Diarrhoea Capsules for £1.

At TESCO 6 Imodium cost £2.50 or 6 Tesco Diarrhoea Relief £1.

CAUSE AND EFFECT OF DIARRHOEA

Diarrhoea is your body’s natural way of getting rid of infections, and if this is the cause of your problem, I believe it is better to stay near the loo and let it run its cause. In the meantime don’t eat for 24 hours, as this may only prolong the problem.

However, if the cause of your symptoms is an irritable bowel loperamide hydrochloride may well be the best medicine for you, but do get a proper diagnosis from a doctor, either to rule out life-threatening causes (for example cancer), or get treatment for them.

Whatever the cause of diarrhoea, it is imperative that you rehydrate your body as quickly as possible. Plain water will help to rehydrate, but I have found that adding rehydration mixes to the water has made me feel a lot better very quickly. Again the supermarket rehydration sachets are a lot cheaper than buying Dioralyte.

RECOMMENDATION

If Imodium is the only brand of diarrhoea relief you can find containing 2mg of loperamide hydrochloride per capsule, you will find it effective in slowing your bowel down. However, I have had the same result from taking supermarket own brand capsules which contain the same ingredient, and are significantly cheaper.

I, therefore, recommend either Sainsbury’s or Tesco’s Diarrhoea Relief Capsules as a much better value, but just as effective, alternative.

23.10.2014 14:49

Advantages

• "Zombie Mode"
      • "New Characters"
      • "New Story Line"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing I can find."

Fantastic Cutting Edge Game That Leaves You Gripped.

Call of Duty Black Ops is a fantastic new game. I know this is a few years old now but I thought I still have my say nonetheless.

The story isn't so much complicated because it jumps from the future back but rather because it jumps forward a number of years. In a way, the story is simple to follow once you know it but if you don't, it may take time to understand what's going on especially since the main character, Mason recounts his stories. It does jump back and forth slightly but its not impossible to follow.

Things start in the early 1960's where the Bay of Pigs invasion is being carried out. A small band of American soldiers are sent to kill Cuban leader Castro; the mission soon goes awry and Mason is sent to a Russian Gulag. During his time there, he meets Russian political prison Reznov and together break out. Once reunited with the Americans, Mason must stop a Soviet lead program working alongside defectors. The story moves quickly as fighting goes towards Vietnam all while finding more information about the enemy Dragovich and his lieutenants. There are shocks, twists and turns along the way but helps to keep you gripped and wanting more.

The graphics are very sharp and clear as day. Every detail has been carefully finished with precision and there is nothing that stands out in a bad way for this game. Every level offers new graphics that continue to shine and the characters are likable too. However, you do play as Reznov and Mason but mostly its just Mason; still the game is great.

There is even a zombie mode which is new for me. I thought this was a great addition to the game and certainly offers something new. I liked the zombie mode though I usually play the abandoned building level rather than Pentagon because I can't get past level three there!

The only parts of the game which I haven't tries is the online and multi-player aspects. I can't comment on these parts fairly but maybe one day I will give them a go. Overall, this game is great and I thought the story is nice and was a good length, even though I would have liked the game to continue further.

23.10.2014 14:36

Advantages

• "so many apps"
      • "amazing display"
      • "super easy to use"

Disadvantages

• expesive

Good device from Apple, just a bit pricey!

I love all things Apple, so bare that in mind when reading this! When first buying this I wasn't sure bout it, I already had a working laptop, and at the time an iPhone as well, I assumed the iPad would be basically a bigger version of the phone, which in essence it is.

With easy access to the app store, you have literally thousands of apps and games to chose from, and all so easy to download! Unfortunately not all of these apps are free, but for the cost of usually under a £1 you cant really complain.

Also have access to the itunes store, yet again easy to access and download your favourite songs in seconds. Gives you reccomendations also, so if your stuck and just want new music, it's very handy.

When I first got the iPad I was constantly on it to my surprise, as it links easily to the phone so any game progress can be synced up and you can continue where you left off This is because of the icloud, which in my opinion is the best. Admitedly this isn't strictly just for apple products and you can get it for other, but I'd never come across it before so for me it was amazing for backing up songs and other data.

The appearance is typically Apple. It doesn't really vary from any ititial design. With a silver body and either a white or black face, there is no way you could mix it up with any other product or brand. Lots of cases have been released for this ipad so if your not a fan of the look, you easily hide it.

It has 16 gb of memory, which is fine at first, but after a while of downloading aongs and apps, you'll find it does fill up quite quickly and when any new IOS is released you may have to delete all your apps to be able to install the new version of IOS. If you have other products where you can store your music or photos (I have Ipod Classic and prnt out photos) you can create extra space, but generally the memory isn't the best unless you want to pay mega bucks for it.

The sound quality is ok. The one small speaker on back of the device is tiny compared to the size of it, but if just needed for background sound, it'll play nicely for that and loud enough too.

In conclusion I would reccomend the Ipad, I know there are now newer versions like the iPad air which I hear is lighter and easier to carry, but I wont be ungradng any time soon. I can still do everything I need to on it, nd it certainly isn't giving up the ghost just yet!

23.10.2014 14:31

Advantages

• "Good Plot"
      • "Zombie mode"

Disadvantages

• Nothing

Great Story mode and fantastic Zombie mode!

Call of Duty Black Op 2 is one of the best games I've played. I have to admit I am a big fan of the C.O.D. games and found this game to be a little more unique in a way. The game is sort of set in the future with some futuristic weapons and plots however, the story is fantastic.

First of all, the campaign mode is good and there is plenty to the plot with twist, turns and exciting game play to boot. The Rookie setting is the best level for gamer's for those just starting with the Black Ops series but the difficulty level can increase to Regular, Veteran and Hardened. As the difficult increases, so do the enemies abilities but the game is challenging.

The story follows soldiers fighting the enemy across a variety of locations. There are plenty of enemies to tangle with and plenty of weapons to pick up along the way too. However, the story does sort of relate to the first Black Ops game, so I hope gamer's have played that though it might not be necessary but it could be useful to follow the game during the cut scenes.

However, a favourite part of the gaming experience has to be the Zombie mode. Now, this isn't a part of the story mode campaign but it can be played even before the game is completed. The zombies I think, are much harder to destroy than on the first Black Ops zombie mode.

The Black Ops II game does offer a new gaming experience however and does in a way pave the way for more advanced type games which is always a pleasant thing.

23.10.2014 14:21

Advantages

• Authenticity
      • "Moving Story"

Moving Story And Very Impressive

All of the WW2 set games are good because they help retell a story many actually aren't aware of. Everyone knows about WW2 but a lot of people, especially younger gamer's don't take the time to think about the events and with this game, I think it offers an emotional experience.

For most gamer's this is another game but to me, it does help retell an important story and the horrors soldiers endured. Of course, when this game first came out on the PS2, I thought it was good and I actually thought on the PS3, the game was new and different from the other version. I was wrong but still, the game was good.

The graphics are sharp and very authentic feeling and the story mode is a good option to start off with. The story is long though it doesn't drag out in any way shape or form. The plot moves at the right pace and you get to experience the war through the soldier's eyes nicely.

However, I thought the game's controls were simple and there are a few good weapons to choose from too. Though, the arrange of WW2 weapons are good because the game sticks to the authentic weapons available at that time and the game doesn't embellish either.

23.10.2014 14:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good moisturiser but firming?

I have used this Nivea firming body lotion (the Q10 energy + version) for quite a few weeks now and find that it doesn't appear much different to the other body lotions I have used in the past.

It comes in a 250 ml bottle, which is a reasonable size, and has a subtle, delicate smell, which doesn't and shouldn't clash with any body sprays or perfume that you use afterwards. It has quite a gloopy, running consistency which for me felt a little greasy. I also found that it didn't particularly sink into my skin that quickly or easily.

It claims to 'intensively moisturise for smooth and supple skin' and whilst it does leave your skin soft and moisturised, I do not feel (even after a large number of applications) that the product intensively moisturises. The 'skin feeling' rating on the back of the bottle shows it a 2, on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being light, and 5 being rich); this for me seems to counteract the claim of intensively moisturising.

The big question, and the claim that it 'firms the skin in 2 weeks' is still not answered for me! I do not feel that my skin feels any firmer and the only difference I have noticed is that it is soft and moisturised, which doesn't set it apart from most other moisturisers!

I have to say I am a little disappointed with this product, it has some great claims but I would say that most are not fulfilled, certainly not for me anyway.

• Resident Evil: Survivor (PS) / Archive Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      23.10.2014 14:12

Advantages

• "New Characters"
      • "Nice Plot"

Disadvantages

• "No seemingly tie in to original characters or game"
      • "A little short"

Fun and Entertaining.

To be honest, I really loved this game! I know others haven't all fallen in love with this Resident Evil game but for me, I thought it was good. It is actually one of the few Resident Evil games I've managed to complete on my own which is great! However, I don't think this is one of the more impressive games.

I do love the game and love the story but I didn't think it was much of a Resident Evil tie in game than just a zombie/survival game. Resident Evil Survivor has been out for over a decade and the graphics are a little tired in places but there are different routes to take from the start. Though most routes lead to the same fork in the road so to speak.

The story starts off with a small cut scene; a man falling from a helicopter and a helicopter crashing. The man named Vincent, wakes up with no memory but it soon faced with a terrifying zombie attack. Vincent has to make this way through arcades, libraries and seemingly deserted streets while battling zombies, giant spiders and weird soldiers! There are tones of creatures to avoid however and plenty to do battle with.

There are some twists and turns in the plot but the Umbrella corporation is the people behind the outbreak of the deadly virus that has turned people into mindless zombies. There aren't many bosses to fight but rather more zombies and large robotic like mutant men. There are not many puzzles to solve to make it through the game but there are still plenty of clues to find.

Along the way, Vincent finds diaries of different characters such as Umbrella employees, prisoners, sewer works and many more that all help build the final picture. The plot is good and the story moves on pretty quickly too and if you have played this game before you can get through it within a day or two if you play constantly. That is how I managed to complete it but its still a favourite of mine!

I know a lot of people don't rate this game and think its a cheap knock-off version of the original games just to make money but it is good. The plot is good, the scenes are good and there are plenty of zombies and enemies to battle, so what's not to like?!

23.10.2014 13:59

Advantages

• "Twists And Turns Aplenty"
      • "New Characters"

Disadvantages

• "None I can think of"

Fantastic Addition To R.E. Franchise

I purchased this game because I like the Resident Evil games though I had to say, this one felt a little different from the usual R.E. games. I know a lot of people have criticized this game but for me, I still like it. I thought it was different from the original R.E. game but its still worth trying out. I didn't think I would be sold on this but I was in the end.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X is another survival horror game that also includes having to solve a few puzzles along the way. However, the game still has its fair share of zombies to deal with as well as intrigue and mystery.

This time, gamer's play Claire Redfield who is trying to find her brother. After she narrowly escaped Raccoon City, Claire believes she knows where her brother is, on an island somewhere and heads off there in search for Chris. However, once she arrives on the island, she finds it isn't deserted but rather inhabited with mutant zombies. Redfield teams up with another survivor, Steve who is also running scared on the island.

The game goes however throw up a lot of challenges, and the story does keep you gripped too even though this is a few years old now, the graphics are still sharp. Though controlling the characters isn't difficult and there are lots of weapons to pick up on the way nonetheless. There are bosses to fight and puzzles to solve but to be honest, while you play the game, you don't think you're solving a puzzle.

A lot of people haven't been too nice when talking about this game as I've read on shopping sites but I can't help but like the game! I don't think the game is exactly like the previous games but its still good; it isn't bad in my opinion and its entertaining too. Gamer's will like this game and it has all of the earmarks of a classic Resident Evil game.

23.10.2014 13:44

Advantages

• "tug of war toy"
      • "Made of good sounding material"

Disadvantages

• "Did not last long with my dog"
      • "material is not as tough as it sounds. "

It's shaped like a bow tie.... in fact, a bow tie would last longer

Dogs love playing, as well as learning, so giving your dog something that they can play with, especially if it involves him/her playing with you, his owner, then then they will be over the moon, until the said toy breaks of course. Then they'll look at you as if you're the one that broke it.
      This toy is one of those toys that is designed to entertain your dog either by itself, with another dog, or with it's owner, as it is one of those 'tugging game' toys that most dogs love.

These are about 320mm long and shaped like a bow, as in bow tie. They look like a piece of rope tied in a bow but they are actually made of a material called 'thermoplastic rubber', which is basically plastic and rubber mixed together to give a tough, flexible, yet remarkable gentle material. It's not quite plastic, which would break and possibly rip into the dogs mouth, but it's not quite rubber, which is gentle but would stretch and snap with a little force. It's both materials which make this as strong and gentle as what it is.
      Sadly though, this toy did not last as long as I hoped it would, especially with a name like 'thermoplastic rubber' stamped on it – that name along sounds as though it came from a capture alien space craft -, but my dog bit through this on the second day of playing with it, which resulted in him leaving it in the garden realising that it was a waste of his time now.

The idea is good, being harmless to the dog whilst being tough for him to play with. However, there are a lot of dogs whose jaws are designed to chomp through things, even bone, so a combination of rubber and plastic was not really going to withstand such force from a mouth full of sharp teeth.

The cost of this toy is £5, roughly. If you have a small dog then this might last a while for him/her, but if your dog has a mouth that has more pound/per/square inch that a scrap yard car crusher then this is going to be about two minutes of fun for him/her before it ends up in bits on the floor.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown