• Hasbro Elefun / Electronic Toy / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 12:35

Advantages

• "helps with counting"
      • "my nephews love it"
      • "reasonably priced"

Disadvantages

• "gameplay doesn't last long"

Butterfly fun with Elefun.

THE PRODUCT: Elefun is a great game for children from ages 3yrs and up. This game has been in our house for a good few years now and we actually have two of them. The aim of the game is to catch as many butterflies in your net as possible. The person who has caught the most butterflies is the winner. The game is really easy and simple to set up, simply by placing the coloured butterflies into the elephant and then putting the elephant's trunk on top. When you are ready to play the game simple slide the button on the back of Elefun to on and a small fan will start which blows the butterflies up the trunk and into the air for you to catch. using one of the four supplied nets.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: We purchased this quite a few years ago now from The Entertainer for just under £15. You can purchase it from Amazon for around the same price.

PLAYING THE GAME: When you switch the game on you will hear the butterflies being lifted up the trunk ready to fly out at the top. I found that most of the butterflies come out at once; although there may be a few which come our of the trunk a little later. As the butterflies come out at once everyone is frantically trying to catch as many as they can. My youngest nephew who is 4 can't quite get used to catching them in his net so he picks them up off the floor and puts them in his net that way instead. The game is over within about 30 seconds and to play the game again you need to put all the butterflies into Elefun again. My nephews can't quite get used to how to remove the truck from the main elephant so I always help them out with this. The game is very strong and made well and I find that the batteries last in the game really well too. The 4 nets that you get with the game are made quite well and we haven't had any problems with them breaking as of yet.

OVERALL OPINON: This game sounds and looks great and we actually purchased a end one of these from a charity shop so that we could have more butterflies for when we play it. My nephew really like playing this game and get excited when all the butterflies come flying out the top of the trunk. It's a shame that this game is over so quickly which means taking off the trunk and putting all the butterflies back into Elefun again before we have another go. My nephew play the game 2-3 times and then get a little bored of it. In terms of value I don't think the game is badly priced but it is over all so quickly so don't expect this to keep the kis entertained for long periods.

• Venice / Archive Movie / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 12:35

Advantages

• "The Wall"

Disadvantages

• subtitles

The Wall - A big winner at the Vienna Film Festival

The Wall, adapted from the well regarded 1963 book by the same name, is a subtle feminist metaphoric polemic on the female condition and their place in the world, that of drudgery, restriction and oppression, quiet literally a physical glass ceiling in this film. My thoughts on feminism, of course, are well known here. I simply don’t buy into the idea that women don’t get the same chances to succeed today as men.

Plot

A woman (Martina Gedeck) is driving to the family hunting lodge in the stunning Austrian Alps with her retired parents. In the late summers afternoon mom and dad head into town to buy supplies, leaving the family dog Luchs with the daughter at the cabin. They fail to get back before nightfall and the woman waits alone. The next morning she decides to walk into the village to see what’s what. But her life is about to be turned upside down, supernaturally so, as an invisible and impenetrable wall stops her going any further on the main road to the town. Further investigation reveals the wall is all around her and this is not a bad dream. As the days pass and she ventures out she discovers two old people on the other side of the wall, but motionless, as if caught in time. Whatever this thing is no one is coming to rescue her any day soon. It rains inside the wall and there are clouds above but no obvious escape, digging under it, venturing into the mountains to find its boundary.

She slowly learns to survive, just Lynx, a hunting rifle and a cow for company. As days turn to weeks she has to hunt and kill to stay alive, the cow providing milk and responsibility. She begins to grow crops as she loses hope of rescue and surrenders to terrifying thoughts of infinite loneliness, writing a diary to keep her sanity. Is she being punished by God or is this some sort of government sociological experiment? Could she be the only person left on the planet and her forced regression some sort of rebirth for mankind?

Results

Alas, if using a metaphor of an invisible transparent wall to examine feminism and the human condition through parable - and with subtitles and a harsh Germanic narration - is not your thing then look away now. Oh and the film is directed by a man, Julian Roman Pölsler, so one nil to the men. This is hard work guys and girls and increasingly depressing as the two hours begin to drag on. Once the premise of the wall thing is set up, the viewer, like the heroine, loses hope by the end of it, the point, I presume.

Martina’s performance is very impressive, no doubt feeling some of the emotions women go through in the movie. Its intelligent dialogue exploring the regression of a person to the point of being the animals we eat is mentally consuming and makes you think about things, and as far as a subtle metaphor on feminism goes it’s cleverly done, also dealing with depression in women that comes from perceived male repression. Working out what the wall is all about keeps you involved and certainly a better use of one than the ridiculous Under the Dome. This is not a science fiction film folks and the wall simply an unreal illusory mechanism to entrap the woman so we can explore that human condition.

It jumps from a contemporary feel early on to full on Ingmar Bergman by the end of it as we head into the solitary abyss, the Sound of Music to Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, the desolation of loneliness and all hope lost the final themes. May no mistake, this film is about the repression of women and it’s all men’s fault. As its narrative stalls you realize it may not be a happy ending, a woman permanently tied to her situation, her appearance increasingly butch, not killing herself so to protect the animals that have become dependent on her. For the animals its kill or be killed to survive but humans are the only living things that make conscious choices to survive, why we are the superior being.

• Mamia Baby Wipes / Nappies & Wipes / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 12:06

Advantages

• "Strong wipes"
      • "Nice scent"
      • "Great price"
      • "Good packaging"

Disadvantages

• "Need to be a little more flexible"

Close on perfect!

After trying, and loving the Mamia nappies from Aldi, I decided to also try the Mamia Wipes.
      These come in both fragranced and fragrance free and are in packs of 64. Price wise, they are 64p per pack, so just 1p a wipe but sometimes they have buy in bulk offers making them even cheaper. This is around half the price of the Pampers wipes so is very good value for money. The wipes come in a strong plastic bag, that has a plastic lid that clips open and shut to dispense the wipes. I particularly like this as with other wipes such as pampers you just peel back a flap, then this can fold back on itself or loose stickiness and let the wipes dry. At least with a ‘proper’ plastic lid, you can clip it shut after use and know its keeping the wipes moist.
      The wipes themselves are quite thick compared to other brands which means they don’t fall apart, but on a minor downside don’t seem to sometimes clean dirty bums as well as they feel a little inflexible. But for mopping up dirty hands they work a treat. The wipes contain Aloe Vera and Chamomile so are catered to keeping little hands and bums clean but will not dry them out. The fragrance wipes have a very light fresh scent, but this is not overpowering or strong but just enough when you need it.
      Overall, I like the Mamia wipes, mainly for the packaging and the price. I would prefer a slightly more flexible wipe, so I have tended to move towards the Tesco Loves Baby wipes recently which tick all the boxes. However the Mamia wipes are always my back up!

31.10.2014 12:05

Advantages

• affordable
      • "light on the skin"
      • "smells nice"
      • moisturising

Disadvantages

• "not as intensive as other body products"

Esssential Moisture for your Skin.

THE PRODUCT: I purchased this lotion a few week ago as my skin was feeling a little dry and I didn't have any lotion at my boyfriends so I popped down to the small local Boots store and purchased this product. This lotion is infused with micro-droplets of the Vaseline Jelly which means that the lotion can now moisturise your skin deeply and help to restore it's healthy look. This product is great for normal to dry skin and claims to be non-greasy. This lotion sounded perfect for my slightly dry skin. I didn't want anything greasy feeling as I would be using it twice a day, once before going to work and again before bedtime.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I purchased a 200ml bottle from my local Boots store for £3.29. I believe this product is currently on offer those and it does come in a smaller bottle.

USING THE PRODUCT: I first applied this product after the bath to help lock in moisture. I flipped open the lid to the cream and squeezed a small amount of it into the palm of my hand. The lotion was white but had a glossy look to it. I applied this to my arms first. The lotion was really easy to rub in and it felt smooth and soft against my skin. The lotion was cool as first but it soon warmed up as I applied it. The lotion has a very light but nice scent which I liked as it smelt nice and refreshing. I continued applying the product to the rest of my body. After applying it to my skin I noticed that it was already looking moisturised and it looked radiant as well. It also gave my skin a glowing looked which made it look healthy. The following morning when waking up my skin felt lovely and soft.

OVERALL OPINION: I really like Vaseline products and did expect this product to be good having used a number of their products before. The lotion comes in a yellow bottle so it does tend to stand out a fair bit. The lotion is easy to dispense and it felt nice against my skin when applying it. The lotion doesn't smell too strong but it does have a nice, light scent to it which I liked. After applying the lotion I could see the difference in my skin as it looked healthy and moisturised. I loved the nice glow it gave to my skin as well. In terms of value I think the product is very reasonable. I won't be buying this again anytime soon as I have lots of other lotions to use but I would definitely purchase it again.

31.10.2014 11:55

Advantages

• "Classic family meal idea"
      • "Can be used with many other dishes"
      • "Tastes different to normal pasta but in a good way"
      • "Has a delicious taste"
      • "Pack is quite full"
      • "Doesn't lose shape or break when in hot water"
      • "Cooks fast"
      • "Easy to cook"
      • "Different colours make the dish look more interesting"

Disadvantages

• "Colours can make it look unprofessional"

High quality pasta at a good price, beautiful taste!

We eat this pasta in a casual bolognaise at home when we don't have to cook with other family members. We combine it with cheese, ham, sauce and meatballs and it tastes beautiful. I bought this one day the supermarket didn't have my normal pasta and I'm glad I did, as it tempted our two toddlers to eat more of it as it was interestingly coloured and we could use this to trick them into eating it. I wouldn't use this pasta when cooking for others as it can look somewhat unprofessional with the colours but for home use it is fine. It's very easy to cook and cooks faster than our normal pasta. It doesn't lose shape or break when left in hot water for too long, nor is it stripped of its flavour. There is a lot of bits of pasta in a pack and it lasts for two meals for us with a family of six. The pasta generally tastes delicious, different to normal pasta but still delicious. It's evidently of a higher quality too - unlike other pasta we purchase it remains firm and doesn't go floppy and soft after time. I love cooking with pasta as it can be made into hundreds of different dishes, and nothing is nicer on a cold winter evening. It's a classic family meal idea and packed with goodness and nutrients for the children. It is just pasta but I can definitely say I will buy it again, as it is cheaper but good quality.

31.10.2014 11:44

Advantages

• "Fits well around our boy's wide shoulders"
      • "Has room to move freely in it"
      • "Beautiful colours"
      • "Light to carry"
      • "Easy to wash"
      • Waterproof
      • "Generous sizing"
      • "Strong hard to rip material"
      • "Excellent value for the money"

Disadvantages

Great rug for heavier/chunkier horses, fits my Welsh X perfectly

I purchased this rug when my horse ripped his previous one. I knew Rambo was a good brand and it had been recommended to me by multiple friends, but I hadn't yet bought one. I decided to try it and bought one, and I wasn't disappointed. They fit my boy better than his other rug brands did and now would be my first choice of brand when I need a rug. I was impressed by the quality of the rug for its price - it is excellent value and looks smart but doesn't break the bank. My boy is famous for ripping new rugs to shreds in a matter of days but this rug remains unripped even a year after purchasing. I was impressed by the generous sizing - in cold winter I can easily fit another rug underneath, but the rug isn't baggy or illfitting as such. The rug design gave a good fit round our boy's wide shoulders, something that can be hard to come across when searching for a rug. The rug is definitely waterproof and has proved useful in heavy and light showers, as well as when he rolls in deep puddles. I find it very light and easy to store away, and as it is so light to carry washing it is no problem. The colours it comes in are classy and beautiful, well matched to our boy. I would recommend this product to people with middleweight / heavyweight horses, as the shape is excellent for my chunky Welsh x.

31.10.2014 11:06

Advantages

• "good design"

Disadvantages

• none

Nikon 17-55 Lens review

Finding the perfect zoom lens for one's specific needs is a challenge when contemplating how numerous kinds of lenses are available out there, but one only has to look at Nikon's selection - specifically the Nikon 17-55 lens - to find a leading victor in this field.
      The zoom ratio is 3.2x with a range of aperture between f/2.8 and f/22. This lens has a minimum angle of view and a maximum angle of 79 degrees and utilizes the Nikon DX format only. The exceptionally Byzantine lens building comes to block lens flare and ghosting and consists of 14 elements in 10 groups. The lens comes with the conventional M and can focus in both automatic and manual modes /A function which allows for back and forth switching that is fast and simple.

Nikon's claims for the Nikon 17 -55 lens make affirmations on several different fronts. For starters, the extra-low dispersion glass components aid the lens building while also raising the resolution and contrast of the picture. The round diaphragm is promised to produce a more natural look in reference to the out of focus components in the image as well as the internal focusing mechanism is stated to produce the focusing process smoother. Finally, the Silent Wave Motor enhances the rate where the lens can focus and does so in a hushed manner while the three aspherical lens elements work to avoid image aberration.

Finally, let's review the benefits offered by using this Nikon zoom lens. Quick is a definite strong-suit of this lens; never will one miss a shot because of a slow internal focusing motor. Strong as a stone, this lens weighs about two pounds and is assembled with rugged materials while simultaneously staying quite ergonomic. The dynamics of the lens make it capable of capturing the instant even in low-light situations as well as the degree of aberration present in pictures is zilch.

When mid-level zooming is desired along with low-light, it handles the scenario like a champion. This lens is also not unable to perform splendidly in natural conditions where light could not be scarce and can do so without causing sun or flares -stars. Using a combination of accuracy, speed, sharpness and control, the Nikon 17-55 lens is the institution lens of picking and will make any owner quite satisfied.

31.10.2014 10:57

Advantages

• "They are cheap for a big size pack"
      • "The tablets are easy to swallow"
      • "Folic acid is very important "

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages "

Higher Nature folic acid

WHAT IS IT?

These are folic acid tablets that are made by Higher Nature.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?

They are to take before and during your pregnancy to make sure your baby develops healthy and folic acid prevents disabilities also. All pregnant women should take folic acid tablets and if you would like to conceive a baby you should start to take them before you are pregnant.

WHAT I THINK

I am very happy with these tablets that are made by Higher Nature and these are one of 2 brands I try to buy if I am able. The tablets are easy to swallow and they do not leave a taste in my mouth or on my breath.

They have got 400ug of folic acid in them and that is the medical recommended dose so I have only to take one tablet a day and then I do not have to think about it until the next day.

I am not pregnant but we do not know if we would like another baby so I have been taking these a precaution in case of a pregnancy at a later date. I am not harming myself by adding folic acid to my diet because all humans need a healthy level of it to keep healthy.

I think folic acid is very important because babies are so fragile as they are developing that it would be a crime to not follow science advice and help them by providing folic acid.

ANYTHING ELSE

These tablets cost only £3.60 for 90 tablets and I think that is value because if you are planning a baby you take them only until the third month of your pregnancy so if you conceive fast you might only have to buy 2 bottles.

5 Dooyoo Stars.

• Suzuki SV650S / Motorcycle / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      31.10.2014 10:54

Advantages

• "good choice"

Disadvantages

• none

first bike for you

That fancy motorcycle you are planning to purchase may not be the very best one for you. There are several things you need to take into account when you are getting your 1st bike.

One thing you'll have to determine is what'll you use it for. Can it be for stunts and tricks, or for cross country journeys, joy rides, commutes? If you're looking to get a sports motorcycle that'll allow you to ride as a racer, you will need to take a look at what sports motorcycle will likely not be worst for you. The Suzuki SV650S is regarded as the very best motorcycles for beginners who need a lot of power and speed but easy treatment.

When you attempting to determine which you would like and are taking a look at bikes, consider the size as well as weight of the motorcycle. Heavier and larger motorcycles will soon not be easy to control initially, but the weight can ensure it is a more secure motorcycle while on a highway setting if you're using it for a cruising motorcycle. Motorcycles which are not heavier will make it possible for you to lean in during turns with confidence and corners, where as a brand new passenger using a a more heavy motorcycle might be unable to be sure it stays secure while leaning in, developing a situation that is perilous.

Kind of going along with the bike's weight and dimension, you will need to find one that'll be an excellent fit for your system. If there is a motorcycle too heavy for you personally, as mentioned before, keeping it secure on turns could eventually be an issue. You might find a specific model does not have any support or which you needed is hardly comfortable.

Obviously you'll also need to take into account the purchase price. If you find the bike that is perfect but the cost is far more that you can pay, inquire if there's a used motorcycle which is exactly the same, or if there's a more affordable version that's the exact same features. Purchasing a bike that is secondhand can help lower the first price of a bike. No one said that buying a secondhand motorcycle is awful; as it's worn in from your prior owner, it is only a nicely beloved bike and could be a terrific choice to get a fresh rider. Whether you opt to get a motorcycle that is new or second-hand is all up to you.

• Mamia Nappies / Nappies & Wipes / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      31.10.2014 10:46

Advantages

• "Good quality"
      • "Excellent price"
      • "Great design"

Disadvantages

• "Not one for me!"

Excellent value for money

I had heard great things about Aldi’s baby range and when our son was first starting to crawl about the Huggies nappies seemed to not be working for us and seemed to move and leak a lot. We therefore decided to try the Mamia Aldi range before paying the Pampers price.

From the outset, Mamia are obviously cashing in on the Pampers range, the packaging design is extremely similar, with the same colours and layout. The nappies are even a similar look to pampers. I have to say I was impressed with the look and the price, at half the price of Pampers I was just praying they worked just as well.

The Mamia nappies come in all the sizes other nappies do and various pack sizes to suit all needs. For example, a 24 pack of Size one nappies 24 is just £1.49! The nappies are all a good size and look good. Fit wise, they are perfect. The fit close to the bottom, don’t rub or ride up despite my son’s attempts to move them. The fasteners are strong and still hold even if you have undone them once and fastened the nappy back up. They give good protection front and back and hold A LOT! Despite being able to hold such a lot they don’t seem to bulky, and only really go bulky when they need to (shall we say – to cope)

I have to say I find the Mamia nappies excellent and great value for money with 40 nappies costing less that £5!

• Folic Acid / Vitamins & Minerals / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 10:44

Advantages

• "Folic acid can be brought anywhere "
      • "It is very important for your baby "

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages "

Folic acid

WHAT IS IT?

Folic acid is a supplement that is essential when you are pregnant. I am not pregnant but when me and my husband talk we do not know if we would like another baby so I have taken folic acid since my last pregnancy 2 years ago so that I have in it my body if we make a decision to conceive for a baby.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?

You need enough folic acid to function as a person but when you are trying to conceive a baby and for the first 3 months of your pregnancy it is even more important for the development of the baby because folic acid protects against many disabilities and deformities of their internal system.

Science has proved that folic acid is so essential for pregnant ladies that they were going to add it to food but I do not know if that ever happened. I think it is a good idea.

HOW DO YOU USE FOLIC ACID?

All of the times I have taken folic acid they have been in tablets. I think in england pregnant ladies do not pay for prescriptions so you can get folic acid for free from your midwife if you need it once you are pregnant. I have never had it prescribed because I have got one or 2 brands that I trust and I am happy to pay for my own.

You take usually one tablet of folic acid every day and you should start from when you try to conceive until you are at least 3 months pregnant. The tablets have not created any side effects for me and they have no benefit that can be noticed also.

Folic acid tablets cost all sorts of money from £2 to about £6, I buy tablets that are about halfway between that price but even though I like some brands better than others I am not always very local because all pharmacies do not sell the same brands of health supplements.

I would give folic acid 10 stars if I could.

• Sheba Duck & Goose Terrine / Cat Food / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.10.2014 10:29

Advantages

• "My cats like to eat it very much "

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages "

Sheba terrine in duck and goose flavour

WHAT IS IT?

This is cat food that is made by Sheba. It is pieces of duck and goose that have been made into a terrine.

WHAT I THINK

I was sent this food in error when I made an online shopping order because I ordered a different flavour that was not in stock when my delivery was packed. I was happy to get the alternative because I like for my cats to try new flavours.

It looks very meaty and my cats chew it like it is fresh meat and they look like they enjoy it very much. I think it smells like beef but I can see from the look of the food that it is duck and not red meat.

The food is very good in quality and I am happy about that because I like to feed my cats food that is going to do good for health.

My cats always eat all of this food but they do not rush to eat it quickly and I think it looks like they are enjoying each mouth full because of how they chew their dinner when I give this to them.

It does not smell very strong and it does not make my cats feces smell, the terrine is quite wet and I thought that would effect how they go to the toilet but it does not make any difference.

ANYTHING ELSE

These trays have each got 100g in them and they cost 59p. When I got these they were on special price promotion and I think I paid £3 for 7 of them and that is a worthy saving because it expensive to feed 3 cats so I like to find deals like that.

5 Dooyoo Stars.

• Olympus E-30 / Digital Camera / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      31.10.2014 09:14

Advantages

• "GOOD CHOICE"

Disadvantages

• NONE

Olympus e30 Review

Picking a camera which is created to get a serious amateur photographer isn't a distressing experience at all. With brands including Olympus, Canon, Sony, and Nikon can one make a mistake? All are outstanding companies that stand behind their products. I narrowed my choices down to my favorite two producers, when it was time for me to create a pick between Olympus e30 and a Nikon d90.
      Evidently, both the Nikon and Olympus are products that are great. The decision would come down to which one is right for me. One had the fortune of using both cameras in the field to assist in making my decision. Both would be chosen by me, if I could afford it. Regrettably for me that is not an option.

Like most amateur photographers my design will be as creative as I learn from blunders and my successes . The Olympus e30 appeared to give one the originality I had been seeking. I was really pleased with the filtering system. The filters considerably enriched the moods of the picture that was recorded. Only at that time one had been particular that the Nikon would be blown by the Olympus e30 away.

One had been erroneous, as it happens. Actually , the Nikon d90 has a more complex filtering system compared to the Olympus. The Nikon can also be the very first camera to get a DSLR movie style. This style enable you to choose short movie clips of HDMI output signal of 720p HDTV, and relatively easy to use navigation. There's even a function while you're using the camera that functions as an educational guide.

This technology has been taken by the organization to another stage. Balance of the scenery in the backdrop and also subjects are completely controlled by an individual.

This function permits an individual to avoid blocked-in shadows and highlights that are blown. That is a feature that is fantastic since the highlight that you just blow might be your best shot. This is particularly accurate for amateur photographers.

The camera has a CMOS sensor that enables the development of D300 quality end product that's not as low . Moreover, 3D tracking AF, and the camera has an altered shutter.

My personal choice was the Olympus e30 although I like the Nikon d90.

31.10.2014 07:51

Advantages

• "GOOD AND NATURAL WAY"

Disadvantages

• NONE

Hay Fever And Food

Hay fever is a form of allergy that weed pollen occurs in the autumn and usually triggers. What exactly is food? The following 4 foods have been proven to give some relief to people who fight to keep this state . Here are 4 kinds of food that could help.

Magnesium-Rich Foods--- the good thing is you do not have to eat this mineral raw, because it is found in tons of foods that are great tasting. Nuts are an excellent source and contain cashews, almonds, and peanuts. Black, kidney, navy and soy beans are fantastic sources of nicely.

Grains and vegetables to contemplate include kale to a lesser degree, Swiss chard, and spinach. Grains like buckwheat and quinoa must also be "go to" sources.

For all those who love seafood, you are in luck. Salmon, oysters, and halibut rank high in the list of foods which contain this mineral. These foods will also be rich in fatty acids called Omega 3.

The compounds that cause inflammation can be reduced by having these acids within the body.

Yogurt--- who'd have believed something so benign could potentially give such advantages that are tremendous?

Eating a minumum of one cup of yogurt can prevent an over population in your belly. This is significant because your defense mechanisms to be more prone to overreact to allergens raising symptoms which you experience can be caused by a lot of yeast.

Strawberries, blueberries, and berries--- Blackberries are high in antioxidants.

Spices may lower blood pressure, and increase circulation, get your heart pumping. And for individuals who suffer with autumn allergies this is great news any period of the entire year.

Hot spices' other benefit is that appear to have the capacity to break up the mucous that's a part of the entire body's response to allergens. The mucous is the causes of congestion, coughing, and post nasal drip. Try to find recipes including cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and garlic.

Fighting symptoms is proactive in addition to non-invasive which are 2 of the best strategies to handle any allergy.

Removing airborne allergens from indoor atmosphere is just another way to efficiently mange hay fever along with other allergies activated by airborne pollutants.

31.10.2014 07:31

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • Versatile

Disadvantages

• "pot is too easy to open for a child"

Fantastic, versatile anticeptic cream

I had never heard of Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream until I had a baby. When you have a baby, you get a Bounty Bag from the hospital with a range of sample products for you to try including a tiny pot of Sudocrem. Since I first tried it then, there has not been a time when I haven't had at least one pot around the house.

Packaging: Sudocrem comes in a grey tub in either the 125g size of 250g size. The label is grey and white, simple and rather uninspiring. It is however easily recognisable as this well trusted brand.

Availability and price: Sudocrem can be found in most chemists such as Boots or Superdrug or most supermarkets. A smaller tub will usually cost under £3 and a larger one for around the £4 mark.

Positives: Sudocrem can be used for a wide range of problems and can be used by babies to adults alike. Its uses are so varied that it is almost a wonder cream! On the pot, it lists nappy rash (probably its most common use), eczema, surface wounds, sunburn, minor burns, acne, bed sores, chilblains. While I haven't tested it on all of these ailments, we have used it extensively both to treat and prevent nappy rash and for minor skin irritations and spots. It has worked effectively for all of these problems. When applied to a sore baby bottom, I can usually see an improvement of the rash by The children don't mind it being applied - there is no strong odour or any stinging although it can be a little cold sometimes. The cream provides a waterproof barrier to the skin to protect it from further irritation. This is very effective but also makes it very sticky on the fingers.

Negatives: My only criticism is the packaging. A tub of Sudocrem always lives by my changing table and my son delights in opening the tub and scooping out the cream at any opportunity. I would personally find it very useful if the lid was made a little more child proof!

Summary: The only time I have not found this cream to be effective is on my daughter's nappy rash. For her, I found that another brand of cream cleared up her symptoms more effectively. However, for my other children, this has been fantastic. We have come to rely on it so much that I can't see us every being without a pot even when the children have grown up!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown