• E45 Cream / Skin Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 00:50

Advantages

• "Soothes irritated skin"
      • "Good for a variety of skin conditions"

Disadvantages

Brilliant for dry skin conditions

I have been using E45 cream for a number of years due to the fact that I have very dry skin and also sensitive skin which can become inflamed especially in cold weather conditions. I always have a tube of E45 to hand to help with dry, itching and chapped skin and this cream really soothes and calms down the areas affected.

I find it is also a good hand cream as it prevents the skin from getting chapped after being in water and also it is good for soothing sunburn. After use of this cream my skin always feels soothed and relieved. It states on the packaging that E45 can also be used for serious skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and some psoriasis. It also states that this is suitable also for babies so that the whole family can benefit from the soothing relief of this cream.

I bought a 50g tube which came boxed from Boots the Chemist and it cost two pounds and twenty nine pence. A tube lasts quite a while and I think it is very good value for money.

It is perfume free and dermatologically tested and it seems to me to be a good quality product and I try never to be without a tube of this as it helps me very much with all kinds of skin conditions. It is light and non greasy and once rubbed into the affected area there is no stickiness, just soft and soothed skin.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from dry skin conditions.

• Nars Duo Eyeshadow Brousse / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 00:37

Advantages

• "High quality and doesn't slide off!"
      • "Beautiful pairing can be used in contrast!"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly expensive"

My new favourite makeup product - a stunning pairing!

The NARS Duo Eyeshadow in the colour 'Brousse' is the first eyeshadow I have owned in a while and I must say I'm impressed with it's quality! As a girl who fluctuates between wearing a full face of makeup and wanting to make an effort to wearing none at all, I'm not as knowledgeable on makeup as the average girl and so eyeshadow was very new to me.

This specific eyeshadow comes in a variety of colours, though I chose Brousse as it can be matched to any outfit and the two colours can be blended and used in contrast for a more appealing look. The colours are classy and look great on any skin tone - especially mine!

I found the eyeshadow easy to apply, comfortable to wear and not too heavy, as well as lasting all day and not rubbing off throughout the day. I never really wore eyeshadow but this one lasts long and works as an eyeshadow should! I wore it for the first time to a wedding of my close friend and received lots of compliments. It can be applied dry or with a dampened brush; I blended the colours and used a dry brush. I like that the intensity of the eyeshadow depends on how much you CHOOSE to apply - it is very flexible in this manner! I like to use the lighter shade as a base and the darker shade as a liner, as recommended by Magda Ogbe; makeup stylist. This pairing is ideal for that.

It was £25.00 from the NARS website which is pricey considering what it is, but the excellent quality makes it reasonable! It seems to take a long time to use up which makes it even more worthwhile.

I really enjoy how it feels on, how it looks and the opportunities the colours provide. I definitely like NARS as a brand and would recommend this product to all women and girls alike - it is just stunning!

• L'Oreal True Match Foundation / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 00:30

Advantages

• "Full coverage"
      • "Natural finish"
      • "Wide variety of shades"

Disadvantages

• Packaging

A true life saver

As someone who has troubled oily skin that often experiences breakouts I feel as though this is truly the perfect match for my skin type.

When I first was purchasing this product I must stress just how pleasantly surprised I was to be presented with such a wide array of shades (23 to be exact) , meaning no matter what your skin color I am positive you will be able to find one that is right for you. The foundation itself is simply packaged giving it a classic look, however one major drawback to the bottle is that the lid is easily knocked off causing the product to leak into you make up bag or draw. Another problem I have with the packaging (and something of a pet peeve of mine) is that the foundation sticks to the side of the bottle and so making it impossible for you to identify if it is running low, leaving you to play a sort of guessing game as to when you will need to re-stock.

But these minor packaging flaws are undoubtedly overshadowed by the sheer brilliance of this foundation. The silky liquid consistency make true match makes it so easy to blend, leaving you with a visibly natural and flawless finish. This foundation is the first drugstore foundation that does not make my skin appear in anyway caked yet still manages to hide any blemishes and even out my skin tone. Due to the thin consistency of the product I found it was best applied with make up sponges (the beauty blender is great for this) or just your fingers rather than a foundation brush in order to avoid brush strokes and really blend the product into the skin.

Once on the skin true match feels very light and fresh on the skin, which to me came as a shock considering the full coverage of the product. Moreover if a good primer is used to prime your skin before hand, and you lock the foundation in with a light dusting of translucent powder on top afterwards, then it should stick around for the majority of the day. Not only this but due to the heavy coverage of true match I found that I rarely required more than 1 or 2 pumps of the product during one application, and so therefore 1 bottle will undoubtedly last you a very long time indeed saving you money.

All in all, I can not believe I have come across such an amazing foundation for such a cheap price. I would highly urge anyone considering it, particularly those with normal to oily skin to give it a go, and I am sure you like me you to will be hooked!

• Dogs Trust Shampoo Anti-Odour / Dog Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 00:02

Advantages

• "Effective and efficient"
      • "Ideal for larger breeds"
      • "Not too expensive"
      • "Sulphate and Paraben Free"

Disadvantages

The Number One Shampoo If You Have A Nasty Smelling Pooch!

The Dogs Trust Anti-Odour Shampoo is a specially formulated shampoo which reduces odour and unpleasant scents in dogs due to the ingredients featured within it. It leaves the coat smelling fresh and is made of 99% natural ingredients, making it kind for your dog's skin. A 250ml bottle is around £5 depending where purchased from, and lasts for many washes depending on your size of dog.

I first purchased the shampoo as a good deed towards the charity, as their work is partially funded by their sales of their own branded items. Upon using it though I realised that it is actually a great product and very helpful for that stinky dog that just won't leave the flower beds alone! I really enjoyed the fresh scent it left on my golden retriever boy and have used it on him since. It is very effective at removing odour without stripping your dog's skin and hair of their natural greases. It is Sulphate and Paraben free!

It is suitable for all dogs over 6 weeks old, and I have used it on my other dogs too and never had a problem. It is kind on sensitive skin and won't wash off topical flea applications.

Dogs Trust pride themselves on having a 99% natural anti odour shampoo. Ingredients such as rosemary are used to give a fresh, long lasting scent and to deter odour, while Zinc PCA; one of the best skin absorption elements; also features.

The bottle design is simple but friendly. The Dogs Trust logo features on the top, while the background colour is yellow. Ingredient / product information features on the back and sides of the bottle. It is very easy to squeeze the shampoo out of the bottle as it isn't too solid, but is good quality.

The actual product is very good - it has a nice surface smell but once mixed with water and lathered up it smells even better, and hides that natural doggy odour a lot of larger breeds seem to have! It lathers up well and is of a nice texture, not sticky or greasy and neither thick or runny. It is easy to wash out and will leave your pooch smelling and feeling lovely with a glorious natural shine to their coats!

I recommend this shampoo to anyone who suffers with a not so nice smelling dog! It works miracles and leaves you feeling great yourself to know you've used a nice natural product on your dog. I have tried it on various dogs I / my family own and find it is best suited to larger breeds, although this is personal preference. Overall it is great and we all love using it!

02.08.2015 23:12

Advantages

• amazing

Disadvantages

• expensive

Amazing!

In my opinion because of the price for the foundation you would expect the product to be amazing as it is on the shelves within the high end products. I used to always think that high end products were always amazing because of their price but trying out a few things this hypothesis is not exactly true. This being said it makes be weary of the product I purchase because of the price. However this foundation is amazing and fits the common exception for high end products being amazing because this product is truly amazing. Another thing that I love about this product is the packaging because it has a really nice frosty packaging which makes it look really pricey which is good considering how much you have to pay for.

A pro about this product is that is very long lasting which is great for summer weather as face makeup epically foundation has been very known to be sliding off faces. However the long lasting foundation doesn't only shift from your face but give the face the effect of a natural glow which I love about foundation. In addition to this it doesn't look shiny but a nice glow which I love.

A con about this product is that it is very very expensive and off course it would because it's Dior and the brand well known for it's pricey products that everyone wants to get their hands on. Another con about this product is that it tends to become very messy if you put into a makeup bag.

02.08.2015 22:06

Advantages

• Price

Cheap and on time

I received the flyers I ordered and they arrived on the date promised and I am very happy with them. I ordered just a small number to see how they would turn out as I had not used Print 24 before but all went well. There was a lot of choice on the web site and they have lots of products that will be of great use and all for a lot less than I have paid before. The trickiest part is making sure that art work is correct as I have not had to worry about this before, but I got there with it in the end. For the price and quality this is great for my needs and I will be ordering more in the future from Print 24 - keep it up.

02.08.2015 21:47

Advantages

• "Freshens mouth and breath"
      • "Fresh minty taste"

Colgate whitening mouthwash

I regularly use a mouthwash as I like the fresh feeling it gives me, also if there are any small bits of food left after brushing this gets rid of them easily. I have tried many brands of mouthwash and haven't really got a favourite, but I will just buy whichever is on offer at the time I am buying it.

I bought this Colgate Plax Whitening mouthwash from Boots for £2.85 when it was on offer which is a very good price as it is currently around £4.40. It is a 300ml bottle which is quite large and a bottle this size has lasted me for around six months with my usage. The liquid is a pretty blue colour and it is alcohol free and is mild enough if you find that you swallow a bit accidentally.

This mouth wash has a cool minty taste which is quite delicate and doesn't take your breath away when you gargle it. It is designed to kill germs and to prevent cavities and it also fights plaque formation and helps to protect against gum problems. Adults and children over the age of six years old are advised to use it twice a day after brushing your teeth in the normal way by filling the cap up to the 20ml mark and gargling with the liquid. This mouthwash is also said to be whitening although I have only been using it for about a month and haven't yet noticed a difference, but I will keep perservering with it.

I would say that I probably use it about twice a week and am happy with this. As I am the only person who uses the mouthwash I don't bother filling the cap and will just swig it out of the bottle. Obviously if you are sharing it you wouldn't be able to do this for hygiene reasons. I will swish the liquid from one side of my mouth to the other and then gargle for between five and ten seconds before spitting it out. It leaves my mouth feeling tingly and fresh and I am confident that my breath is fresh and there are no bits of food lodged between my teeth.

I do recommend this mouthwash, it makes my mouth and teeth feel very clean and freshens my breath and this sensation lasts for at least an hour after brushing. It is minty without being too strong so would be suitable for everyone in the family.

• Asus VX248H / LCD Monitor / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.08.2015 21:45

Advantages

• "Good size"
      • "Fast refresh rate"
      • "Excellent colours"

Disadvantages

• "Wobbly stand needs improvement"

An excellent Asus monitor

I work in design and as a company we require a range of different size monitors to ensure our work is the best it can be, flaws that don't show up on a smaller screen are magnified on a larger one so it's useful to be able to go to another workstation with a different size monitor to check on the progress of the design.

This is a 24" monitor made by Asus and I have it connected to my personal PC at work. I've been happy with the monitor for the whole time I've been using it, around seven months, but still sometimes need to go even larger.

Colours on the monitor are bright and lines are sharp, the monitor has excellent response times so when I choose and option it changes and adapts immediately. There are settings to change and adjust the brightness and contrast and these are responsive to a very small degree so I can customise the display of the monitor to suit my needs exactly.

The only down side to the Asus monitor is the stand as that feels cheaply made and the trembling of the monitor as anyone walks past often has me putting out a hand to steady it as I worry it's going to smash down face first onto my keyboard. This has never happened but it feels and looks like there should be an extra screw attached, or maybe the stand simply needs to be made a little wider at the base to ensure protection of the screen.

The initial cost of £107 is a bargain I think as the monitor provides such excellent colours and contrast that it's a big help to me in my working life, the refresh rate is excellent too so there's never any reason to sit twiddling my thumbs when I should be working.

02.08.2015 21:32

Advantages

• "Cancel out background noise"
      • "Fast charging time"
      • "Good range of 30 metres"
      • "No wires"

Disadvantages

• "Distortion when the battery is running low"

Wireless headphones from when it all began

I bought these to try them out after seeing them at a very good price a few years ago, at that time wireless headphones weren't as common as they are now and I thought this would be a good set to play with as they were priced at just £30 which made them the cheapest available.

They charge in the supplied docking station and have a range of 30 metres, I use them with my laptop and like that I can wander around most of my property wearing them while still listening to the music played through the laptop.

Charging time isn't long, about two hours for a full charge, but they cannot be overcharged so I keep the headphones in the dock most of the time and that way I know there will be power in them when needed.

The sound from the headphones is excellent and does not diminish the further away I move from whatever it is I'm listening to the music from, as I have already stated this is usually my laptop but I have used the headphones with other equipment from time to time. The only problem is when they begin to run out of battery the headphones start to produce a buzzing sound that isn't very pleasant, I remove them for a charge when this happens as I can't enjoy my music with any distortion.

The headphones cancel out background noise but I have been told my music can be heard by others even when the volume is set quite low.

I find the headphones comfortable but they make my ears sweat if I'm wearing them in warm weather for a long period of time, and when I get into my music you can guarantee it will be a few hours before I want to stop listening and it's an annoyance to have to turn everything off just because of sweaty ears!

• Tesco DF98 Desk Fan / Fan / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.08.2015 21:19

Advantages

• "Beautiful cool air when most needed"
      • "Has lasted for a long time"
      • "Very cheap to buy"

Disadvantages

• -

Cheap cool air

Two years ago I purchased the Tesco DF98 fan because I was in dire need on a hot summers day and my existing fan chose to break just when I needed it most. This fan cost about £6 and is a 9" fan, I believe it was from the Tesco Value range of household products but you can't tell that from the sleek clean design.

There are three power settings and the option to have the fan directing cold air at one point or you can choose to oscillate the fan to cool a wider area. I have my fan on my desk where I point it at my face and sometimes point it at the back of my laptop to cool that down if it's been on for more hours than usual.

For the very low price this fan works extremely well and I see no reason to change it, I bought it planning to upgrade to a more expensive one but have changed my mind and will keep this until I NEED to replace it. The air blown from the fan is delightfully cold against my skin when it's hot and the arc covered when it's in oscillation mode is wider than expected, I like that you can stop the oscillation at any point for maximum control of cooling your living area.

The fan features rubber feet that don't slip on my desk but it does shake slightly on setting number 3 so I avoid that, the blades go around so fast it's not necessary to have it on that speed often anyway as number 2 provides cool enough air for most days so I rarely have to go above that.

The fan is as easy or awkward to clean as any other desk fan, dust can become ingrained on the mesh cover but is easy enough to remove as long as you keep on top of the cleaning.

• OPI Live.Love.Carnaval / Make Up / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.08.2015 21:07

Advantages

• "good quality"

Disadvantages

• "can be a bit pricey"

Great brand great product

The O.P.I nail polish brand to begin with a great company which offers great quality nail polish products and nail products which help produce a great finished manicure. The color itself, Live.Love.Carnival, is a great color for someone who loves peachy,coral colors. In addition to this the color would be a great color to use for the summer type weather.

The pro of this nail polish is that the brush is big and gets every part of your nail so you don't need to worry about have to put to many coats over the polish and having the product run out. In addition to this the bottle is a good size considering the brush is so big which isn't common in a lot of nail polishes.

However a con about this nail polish is that it can be quite pricey and might make you wonder if you should buy instead of alternative brands such as Barry M which the cost is only about £2.99-£3.99.

This nail polish is a great nail color for someone who like the color being very simple but wants to up their variety of and be a little bit bolder. They would want to do this because change is great and a lot of people want to do this for the summer season and try out new things.

A thing about this product is that it is very good quality and if you want to buy a good quality nail polish I would highly recommend this brand.

02.08.2015 21:02

Advantages

• "Work as well as any other brand"
      • "Easy to swallow"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly more expensive"

Keeps my joints healthy

I have taken Cod Liver Oil capsules for most of my adult life and have no brand loyalty so this month am using Healthaid capsules after receiving a voucher to be used against the brand. There are 60 capsules in the bottle and the dosing information is one to be taken every 24 hours, so the same as any other brand.

The capsules themselves are a little larger than I'm used to swallowing but are easy enough to get down with a glass of water. I suggest a large drink when taking these as they have the tendency to repeat on you and then you'll find the taste of cod liver oil in your mouth when you don't want it!

I don't take cod liver oil for any existing condition and instead to keep my joints healthy as I grow older, I have an active job and social life and older relatives drummed the importance of cod liver oil into me from a young age so it's second nature now. The Healthaid capsules are no better and no worse than any of the others and my joints don't feel like they have improved or suffered since I began taking them.

The £9.99 cost is a little more expensive than I'd usually pay but the discount voucher brought them down enough that there's not much difference in cost. I will continue to use them for the few weeks I have left as I'm certain they're doing as much good for my joints as any other brand of cod liver oil capsules but I don't think I'll specially look for these again when this type of medication is so easy to find at a lower price offline.

02.08.2015 20:21

Advantages

• "Easy to dip in and out of"
      • "Evidence based information"

Disadvantages

Recommended - empathising with children based on solid research.

I read a few books when expecting my first child and this is the one I bought for my husband as I thought the scientific aspect would appeal to him. There are a LOT of baby books out there and many seem to be written by self proclaimed experts giving (terrible) advice that contradicts any findings from masses of research regarding infant care.

I haven't read all of this book yet but I really like what I have read. It's structured in a way that allows you to dip in and out when you need it. So, recently when my toddler found she had the ability to say 'NO' and refuse to do things I asked her to do, I reached for this book to prepare myself for tantrums in the supermarket and how I should best respond.

There is a lot of information here about what is going on in your child's brain, what they are and aren't capable of understanding at different points in their development and what they need from their care-givers to have the best environment for their developing selves.

It is a good reminder that children benefit from a gentle approach to parenting and it helps you to empathise with what it might feel like to be them. There are lots of references to enable you to look into the research further if you wish.

Advice included will help deal with babyhood and beyond into older childhood. IT covers subjects such as crying, sleep, living life well, 'bad' behaviour, difficult times, love, social skills and how to look after yourself as a care giver.

• Sennheiser RS 170 / Headphones / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.08.2015 19:12

Advantages

• "good sound"

Disadvantages

good sound

It's been a while since I wanted to change headphones to watch TV at night without disturbing the child and incidentally listen to music.So I decided to buy it. It's a very good product for the price. The problem of the wireless headsets is that they carry a lot of background noise and especially "spit" of the signal reception is turned off. It's very very unpleasant. After some research in the specialist press chose my product. I tried it for the reception and I am not disappointed. Comfortable and lightweight. To the ear, there are practically no breath. In surround mode, the sound is spatialized. It's nice but it does not replace a true Dolby system. Then I tried to listen to some music and there is the surprise. The spectrum is broad and the bass is punchy. In classical music it is easily washed away. We guess almost the orchestra ahead. But it is in the voice area where this helmet excels. The voices of Brel or Fayruz you drunk so the sound is completely accurate. This helmet is a true success and has nothing to envy to some wired headsets. Of course it can not compete with high-end headphones but this is the first time I see a wireless headset at this level. The helmet seems to be very solid, don't care about this. Only small problem, after a while the ears tend to heat, but this is the case of all closed helmets. To recommend. Buy It.

• BT Graphite 2100 / Telephone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.08.2015 17:39

Advantages

• "very simple"

Disadvantages

very simple phone

I have to admit after reading countless reviews on cordless phones i was getting totally exhausted on all the info and my brain just couldn't select one that i thought would be suitable for my needs and i ended up buying this one as i was fed up one day with yet again nearly hanging myself on the corded phone i was using as a standby! I literally just went onto amazon and purchased the BT Graphite 2100!
      It arrived very quickly and on opening the box my first impression was very stylish. It is i have to say a bit heavier than my previous phone but that is not an issue, it is very well made. The buttons are easy to see and use and the phonebook entries were also very easy to add. The ringtones are enough for me and loud enough for me to hear when i am outside.The Screen could be a bit brighter as in bright sun it's not so easy to read but not a major issue. Sound quality is very good and that was one thing i wanted as on previous phones with some people i only guessed what they were saying! The only thing that is missing which i would have liked is when you miss a call you don't know what time it was, this may not be an issue for most people but for me when my husband phones to say he is on his way home for tea after a while i have forgotton what time it was and used to check the time of his call!! So all in all it was a great buy and i am happy with my new purchase. So buy it of course.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown