• Schleich Tortoise / Action Figure / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.08.2014 23:01

Advantages

• "GOod price"
      • Realistic

Disadvantages

A nice little addition to our range

(Please excuse the photo, this review is actually of a childrens tortoise toy)

I have just had two weeks off from work and as we haven’t really been away, we went on lots of day trips, one of the places we visited was Twycross Zoo (which I would really recommend). My daughter loves animals and has lots of Schleich products already so as a treat, we decided to pick a few more up, this being the first one she picked.

I actually picked mine up from a department store (not at the Zoo) a few days after our visit and paid just over 3pounds. What I like about the range is that the price is consistent from shop to shop so you pretty much know that the item isn’t going to be cheaper elsewhere (obviously unless there is a promotion on).

The range is widely available in places such as Mothercare, ELC, Toys R Us, The Entertainer and a lot of department stores sell these too. I pick a lot of mine up from Amazon.

Whilst at the zoo, there was a race between the tortoises (as you can imagine, this took quite a while) and Lauren was fascinated by them and we spent a good half and hour watching the race, touching the shell and asking the zoo keeper questions.

We opted for the baby tortoise and this measures 5cm x 3.5cm x 2.5cm so is one of the smaller animals that we have but it is a nice size for Lauren to play with and is realistic when compared to the ‘mummy’ giant tortoise we have. All the Schleich animals are hand painted and the attention to detail is always excellent, they have really captured the different shades along with shell and legs.

I am not quite sure why my daughter liked the tortoises so much as out of all the animals, they seems to do the least however since we visited the zoo, she has really took a liking to them and constantly draws them. As soon as we got home from the zoo, we did visit the Schleich website where you can learn interesting facts about the animals. It always amazes me that from one read, Lauren seems to memorise the facts (I wish her spellings from school would sink in so easily).

During play, Laurens imagination goes into overdrive, she incorporates this into play with a lot of other toys such as her Sylvanians, where the figures have rides on the tortoises back, she relives the race (which is quite funny to watch) and her favourite one now is to play zoo’s.

I would definitely recommend this tortoise and it gets 5 out of 5 stars from me.

• Taxis in London / Transport National / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.08.2014 22:18

Advantages

• "Please help"

Disadvantages

• "Please help"

I'm gaining access to peoples profiles on DooYoo and having issues. DooYoo won't reply.

Hello

I'm really sorry for putting this here, but I'm having issues with DooYoo and I've messaged them on Twitter for the last couple of days but I've just been ignored.

I'm gaining access to random profiles. I've come onto this website for the last few days and been logged into random peoples accounts where I'm able to gain access to all of their private information, I could even be cashing out if I'd like to ( I wouldn't do that by the way, just an example of what is happening! ) I can edit their reviews and change their profile pictures because the options are all available to me. I've told DooYoo this on Twitter but they haven't bothered to message me back even though they've been online. This is a SERIOUS issue and very worrying and I'm frustrated that I'm being ignored.

I can't contact DooYoo by email, as whenever I try to put in my details in the contact section I'm being told my email address is invalid and it will not let me send.

I'm having major issues with the website. I can't click onto other peoples profiles, I can't comment or rate other peoples reviews as it tells me I need to log in even though I already am.

Please could somebody pass this message onto DooYoo and ask them to contact me at beautyadoration@live.com

Again, I'm really sorry for shoving this here but I'm appaled that I haven't received a reply from their Twitter page when such a serious issue ( gaining access to DooYooers accounts ) is happening.

Is anybody else having issues or is it just me? I've tried using different browsers but I'm not having any change.

• Education System / Parenting Issue / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.08.2014 22:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

Disastrous Discipline, Silly Syllabus and Freaking Fees!

I am currently an Undergraduate student studying Psychology and I am just about to progress into my third and final year of study. I am by no means a professional when it comes to the education system, however the fact that I am fresh out of school and college I feel I can raise a few current issues and express my recommendations.

High school is definitely a very difficult 5 years, teenagers often struggle to fit in with crowds and obviously experiencing puberty at the same time makes high school a challenging process. There are certainly groups formed in high school and there is a clear split between those who are regarded as the ‘popular kids’ and those who are the ‘nerds/geeks’. I feel that how one perceives oneself influences their learning. Through experience, during years 7/8 and 9 abuse was often hurled at those who over achieved and were clearly bright pupils and they were ‘put down’ for their efforts. This can sometimes lead a bright pupil down the wrong path in a desperate bid to want to fit in and feel cool. I think in order to improve the education system we need to focus on motivating students to want to work hard so they can achieve their full potential, from a young age we need to show them that being smart is cool, it is desirable and it is beneficial in the future. Perhaps there should be regular programs, motivation speakers or ex pupils who come in and talk to the children and show them that goals and dreams are achievable to those who work hard.

In every school there are ‘challenging children’ those who like to be a bit of a nuisance in classes and disrupt other childrens learning. When I was at school we had a credit system and we all had to earn credits so we could attend the end of year trip. The challenging children seemed to gain more credits whereas the well behaved children struggled, teachers tended to use the whole ‘If you are good in todays lesson I will give you 3 credits’ negotiation with the challenging children. This could be considered as unfair and frustrating, I think those who work hard should be recognised and should be rewarded, perhaps by awarding them a small gift or organizing a trip specifically for them. This would trigger the snowball effect, so hard workers would realize they are being rewarded for their efforts and would continue to work hard so they keep gaining awards. Challenging children may observe this and change their behaviour; they would then imitate and copy the hard workers so they too can enjoy the awards. Overall, I think this could improve the education system, as children would be more willing to learn in order to achieve high grades, which subsequently allows them to take part in fun activities/trips. I understand funding trips can be expensive but the award doesn’t have to be so extreme, kids love non-uniform days and this could be a perfect reward.

Back when I was at school the challenging children were sent to an isolated room if they misbehaved, I personally do not think this is beneficial. Some children see this as being ‘cool’ as other peers tend to praise them for being sent to isolation, they are considered rebellious and that it is a good thing. In isolation there tended to be a few other students there and although they had to sit in silence it wasn’t really considered as punishment as some children preferred to sit in a room with people like themselves rather than sitting in class. I think perhaps the discipline should be changed, perhaps giving children detentions on weekends would stop them misbehaving as they would see this as more of a punishment.

Perhaps we should focus on why children mis-behave? I personally think children find school boring and believe it wont help them in the future. Some children think ‘how is learning about the Ancient Egyptians going to benefit my future?’ or ‘Why would I even need algebra when I grow older’. They have a point, perhaps learning about relevant things that are actually going to help you in life will be beneficial, like buying a house, dealing with bills and rent, understanding electronics etc. Having said that, I do think learning different types of subjects activates different areas of your brain; perhaps algebra increases your problem solving ability? Learning about Ancient Egyptians improves your imagination and can be used as an inspiration for a future idea. Children need to be taught that there is more to what meets the eye and you can use what you learn to your advantage and apply it to a different scenario.

And finally, a current problem I am dealing with is tuition fees, the £9000 fee is horrendous! Although it does filter out those who don't care about education I do not think it is worth the 9 grand, I have personally had very poor lecturers who just read of the slides, I feel like some lectures are a waste of money, also because there are so many students, lecturers refuse to look over essays and give feedback as they can’t physically give feedback to all 300 students. Therefore your first draft of your essay is pretty much your last draft too which isn’t great. I think money should be put into universities especially for hiring more lecturers so we can eliminate this problem, this will enable students to take on feedback and improve their marks and therefore increase the number of students graduating with a 2:1 or first - overall increasing job prospects.

Without even knowing it everyone does plan ahead, the current increase in fees may demotivate school students; they may feel there is no point in studying as they wouldn’t be able to afford the fees for University. I think fees should be cut down or I think money should be invested back into the education system, training should be given to teachers, train them to be the best they can possibly be, train them to be motivating and passionate so children don’t get bored and so they children actually want to be at school.

29.08.2014 20:17

Advantages

• "Removes scalp residue"

Disadvantages

• "Packfull of sulphates"
      • "Dries out hair"
      • "Makes hair coarse and sticky"

Makes my hair gross, would never repurchase

I'm a regular user of dry shampoo and, even though it's a miracle product for lazy people, it builds up residue on your scalp like nobody's business. So, when I saw that this clarifying shampoo was on sale, I didn't hesitate to pick it up
      After using it for the first time, I noticed my hair was straight out gross. It wasn't dirty, but it felt rough and kind of sticky. Granted there was no residue in my hair, but it also left it feeling like straw.
      I should also mention that I have color treated hair, and this stripped my magenta red to a rusty orange. Before you even think it, I'm not stupid, I know you're not supposed to use clarifying shampoos on dyed hair, but since then, I've tried other clarifying shampoos and, apart from not stripping my hair half as much, they don't leave make gross either. I suppose that maybe this product could be ok for really oily hair though (although, you know, the more you strip your hair, the more oil your scalp will produce, but that's up to you)
      If you're really on a budget and you seriously need this, I'd warn you not to use it too often (once a month is actually more than enough), I can only imagine what using this little piece of cosmetic garbage repeatedly would do to your hair over time. But really, for a dirt cheap, super cleansing shampoo, just get one that's for dandruff, they work the same and they leave your scalp feeling amazing.

29.08.2014 18:55

Advantages

• none

Disadvantages

• lots

If i wanted dry hair ...

Now in life there are many things to do and washing our hair is one of them. For me i need a very good shampoo as i often leave oil or conditioner in my hair over night. Years of going from black to blonde to dark brown to platinum has ruined my hair, so im unable to just wash my hair i need to leave some sort of condtioner on it overnight, poor me :(. Also i like my hair to smell yummy, as my ex partner once said to me you need to wash you hair, to which i replied why what does it smell like and he said hair lol.

I was in my local pound shop dancing around ... well i was walking i dont want to look mad! When i saw this, i had heard alot about this brand and knew it was cheap anyway so i thought go on girl. I decided on the strawberry version, as fruity smells are very appealing to me. Its always nice to have a fruit salad on your head! So i strutted to the counter and bought it along with the condtioner. There are also many other flavours like blueberry, apple, raspberry and so on and there all for different hair types. But to be honest i dont pay attention to what hair type its for as i never find it makes much of a difference, i just go on smell.

Smell : Now this one is a bit funny because when i smelt it in the bottle it was nice sort of like those stawberry sweets you can buy, but when i used it in my hair, it was sooooo sickly sweet. Now real strawberries have a subtle sweetness, but this ... oh lordy me, i dont know what kind of strawberries they were basing it on. The conditioner also smells exactly the same. However it does not deeply fragrance your hair afterwards which is good as it would be very unpleasant and would make me dizzy if it was super strong all day. It isent like my beloved herbal essences.

Use : Well its rather easy to use its a rather thick sort of cream, but i need to use loads, so really it does not even work out that cost effective because you need to use so much and my hair is only shoulder length. It does get rid of all the gunk in your hair though and leave it squeaky clean but it also leaves my hair really dry. For a shampoo and conditioner range thats for dry and damaged hair it should be making my hair more supple but it drys it out more. So the soy milk proteins and pro vitamin b5 in it dont seem to do very much!

Avaliable : Well everywhere ive seen it in morrisons, superdrug, pound shops and so on and its always £1 or 3 for £2, so if you were to try it out then you wouldent be losing alot of money. You could also mix and match flavours to see what suited you the most.

Pros :

Smell if you like to smell crazy sweet
      Cleanses very well
      Very cheap and lots of different scents

Cons :

Smell makes me wanna be sick and makes me dizzy
      Needs alot of product to work
      Drys my hair

Overall : Yes it does cleanse hair thoroughly and yes it is very cheap but it does not cut it. It states on the back of the bottle it has most of the same ingredients as more expensive brands etc, which it made do, but they dont seem to have got the formulation quite right. I like to swish my hair around .... well my extensions .... well the women whose hair it was, that has now become mine and be able to smell a lovely scent but its too sickly sweet and thats very off putting, it also does not leave any noticable changes to your hair, my hair doesent even look shiny after use. Plus even after leaving olive oil in my hair overnight, the next day my hair was still dry after washing and thats really not a good thing. So alberto i think you need to rethink your formulas, you may cleanse, but you dry out my hair and i need alot of product for you too work! If i wanted my hair to be dry then i would use soap. Naughty shampoo!!!

One to avoid x

29.08.2014 18:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

• loads

An artifical nightmare!

Right as ive used the shampoo and reviewed it, i had to review the conditioner aswell to make it fair. Now im sad to say, it wasent much better than the shampoo. I dont understand how this has 5 stars either your all drunk or you have the most fabuolous condtion hair and you dont actually need conditioner. Unlike me who would have no hair left if she didint have a good conditioner!!

So whilst i was in my local pound shop i brought a bottle of this. The bottle does feel cheap but we all no not to judge a book buy its cover dont we. So i bounced to the counter to pay and picked out a merry pound from my purse ( yes it is a bargain ) and left the shop. I ran a bath, shampooed my hair and then applied the conditioner all over my hair.

Quick tip - Use a comb to make sure the conditioner covers every hair strand, often when your apply conditioner you only apply it too one side of the hair, which will eventually make the non conditioned bits of your hair more brittle. Also after you have washed your conditioner out, rinse your hair with cold water, as it closes the cuticle and enhances shine. If you cant stand cold water like me, lie back in the bath and pour a bottle of water over your head, that way the water will only go on your head and not run down your back causing you too scream obsenities because of the coldness.

Smell : Now just like the shampoo it is soooo overpowering, its like a kids party gone wrong. Usually real strawberries smell subtly sweet and lovely, but this is just horrendous its so sweet it makes me dizzy. I dont really understand why it is quite so sweet as it claims to contain strawberry extracts. They must mean from a strawberry sweet because i am definetly sure the strawberries i eat are not like this at all. It does scent your hair but after you have washed it out its not quite as overpowering, but too me its still to strong and if i had to smell it all day i would go crazy. Be warned when i smelt it in the shop it didnt smell quite so strong.

Use : Well its rather simple, apply a large dollop all over your hair, i find i need a handfull with this, which is alot but if use less it does not feel like its properly on my hair, so its not quite as cost effective as it seems. Its easy to rub in and rinse out which is good, as sometimes you get them conditioners that are a nightmare and weigh your hair down. However i find it does not condition my hair at all, which for a condtioner that is especially for dry and damaged hair is appaling. Do you not want me too have any hair left!??! If you had super condition hair like my mum then maybe it would work better for you. It also does not leave my hair shiny or looking healthy, so it really does nothing.

Avaliable : Well everywhere from your local supermarket to a pound shop, its only £1 and often on offer for 3 for £2 which is a good price and you could mix and match different ones to find one that you do like. There are many different flavours like tea tree and apple and raspberry, so im sure you would find one you like. However for me none off them cut the mustard. ( No i dont get that saying either, but you no what i mean ).

Pros :

Can buy anywhere
      Cheap
      Lots of different scents
      Easy to wash out

Cons :

Makes my hair feel dry
      Horrible smell
      No noticable differences to my hair
      Need to use alot

Overall : So would i recommend it ...... uh nah! It really is useless and does not help my dry hair at all, the soy proteins and pro vitamin b5 dont seem to do very much now do they. You may find another conditioner in the brand that smells better and works for you, but for me i hate them all. Ill stay with my herbal essences for now. Also the smell is enough too make me throw up. So for me i just threw them straight in the bin.

• Max Factor CC Cream / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.08.2014 18:13

Advantages

• "Looks natural"
      • "Blends in easily"

Disadvantages

• "Low SPF"
      • "Poor shade selection"
      • "Sheer coverage"
      • "Clings onto dry patches"
      • "Feels greasy"

Really average, there are much better options out there

I bought this after realizing that none of my foundations actually machted me. I tried several bb and cc creams and foundations and after seeing this was a perfect match, I decided to get it and, as I had mever heard of it, I tried it with an open mind.
      First off, I didn't like the way it felt when I applied it, it was really slippery and it didn't glide on my skin, but instead felt like I was rubbing grease against sandpaper. It blended in really easily and it had a consistency that was nor thick nor runny but somewhere in between, however, the coverage was pretty much sheer to light (although I've tested it and it can be built up to medium if you apply two layers). The finish is pretty matte in my opinion (I personally prefer something a little more satin-like) but it looks natural enough. Even though the application process was not pleasant, I was pretty happy with the results. That was, until a friend of mine pointed out the flakes on my skin. That's why I'm telling you that I speak from experience when I say, if you have dry skin, moisturize really well, because if not, it will make you look flaky and scaly. Also, it does have an SPF of 9, I think, but such small value is useless. Because of this, it does photograph great but then again, I don't know if anyone would wear such light coverage if you know you're going to be taking pictures (if you have really good skin, well, lucky you).
      I can say little about its lasting power due to my dry skin, except that if you do have skin like mine, it will last all day. But I'm guessing if you have oily skin it won't keep you matte for long, considering how slippery it feels when you go to apply it.
      Overall, it's kind of average, pretty much a glorified tinted moisturizer without the hydration part. I think there are so many better (and probably cheaper) options at the drugstore), you might want to pass up on this one. I know that I personally wouldn't repurchase it.

• bedroomworld.co.uk / Internet Site / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      29.08.2014 18:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

Report them to Twickenham Trading Standards.

ordered a bed and mattress with a matching chest. Took day off work however late afternoon the day before delivery they telephone and advice the chest was never in stock and my account would be partially refunded.
      Bed and mattress arrived but were terrible (parts missing, mattress was a thin layer of cheap foam etc ) however no refund has ever been made for the chest I never received.
      Report them to Twickenham Trading Standards.

29.08.2014 17:56

Advantages

• "Plenty of catchy tracks"
      • "Cheeky lyrics"
      • "Some wonderful fun"

Disadvantages

• "Mixed quality"
      • "Maybe a little too edgy for some"
      • "Some poor tracks"

Striptease for me baby!

A few years ago I went through a period of listening to various "unknown artists", one of which was a Canadian named Hawksley Workman. At the time his second album, "(Last Night We Were) The Delicious Wolves" had just been released in Canada and I immediately fell in love with two of the albums tracks. From then on I dipped in and out of his music due to how hard it was to get a hold of it.

Thankfully with the age of digital music and numerous streaming services I've been able to dip back into Mr Workman's music and been able to enjoy more than just a handful of songs that I had originally been limited to. This mean I was finally able to hear a full album rather than just songs.

Knowing I like some songs from "(Last Night We Were) The Delicious Wolves" I began to get back into Hawksley by listening to this album and immediately fell back in love with the songs I had loved years ago.

The first of those was "Striptease" a fun and sexually playful song lyrically but a catchy rock song musically. It's not one you'll find yourself singing along with but you will certainly find yourself enjoying if you like light radio friend rock, even if they lyrics aren't quite radio friendly (they aren't explicit however).

The second of the songs I had loved was the slightly more explicit "Jealous of Your Cigarette". It doesn't quite break the line of "explicit content" but it rounds the line close and makes clear allusions to something not particularly wholesome. The edgy content attracted me from the off and I immediately thought the track was a clever and intelligent track, though when I first listened to the track I was an immature teenage. Despite growing up I do still think this is a fantastic track and again very playful.

Following those two tracks I'll admit the album does drop slightly in quality though "Little Tragedies" is a solid radio friendly pop-rock track which certainly could have reached the top 40 in the UK a few years ago. The same description could also be used for "Your Beauty Must Be Rubbing Off" which is more fun and less rock.

Sadly for every good song there is also a track that falls a little bit flat, such as "You, Me and the Weather" or "What a Woman" which I tend to find myself fast forwarding over.

Overall the album is a pretty standard soft rock affair with a little bit of fun thrown into the first few tracks. I can't say it's the most exciting album on the market but it's certainly not elevator music. It is good back ground music however and enjoyable to dip in and out of though with a few poor tracks you may find yourself dipping out more than you'd like, especially with their being 16 tracks on the UK version of the album

29.08.2014 17:24

Advantages

• "It was really cheap "

Disadvantages

• "It's hopeless at removing make up "

Great if you like Panda Eyes

I bought some Nivea Gentle Eye make up remover from Home Bargains as I had run out of my usual brand and this one was only 99p for a good sized bottle.

The branding is much the same as the usual Nivea branding and it comes in a plastic bottle and looks blue as the packaging is ever so slightly see through. I usually use eye make up remover wipes to take off my eye shadow and mascara and eye liner but I’ve used Nivea products loads of times before and been really impressed with them so thought nothing more of it.

I used it for the first time about two weeks ago and I applied a small amount to my cotton wool pad, as directed on the reverse of the bottle. It has a flip off lid and inside there is a small hole so you can actually disperse as much or as little of this as you want to use easily, and none goes to waste. The first thing I noticed about this was how weak and watery it seemed t be and it was easily absorbed into the cotton wool pad, so much so that I had to keep on pouring more and more out of the bottle.

I wiped it over my eyes (as directed) and all it seemed to do was to smudge my mascara and eye shadow across my face, rather than remove any of it. There was a small amount of make up on the cotton wool pad but not a lot really and I was disappointed that it smudged rather than removed.

It also slightly aggravated my eyes and they stung afterwards and this ahs never happened to me before with any other Nivea product, so I was quite surprised. Overall, I can’t say I have been impressed with this product and I have now gone back to my usual eye make up remover wipes.

• opinionsite.com / Internet Site / 6 Readings / 3 Ratings
      29.08.2014 17:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

Recommend it!

Opiniosnite is a great site. There are no boring surveys to get through and no worries that they are going to rip you off - 50 points even if you dq

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 1 Rating
      29.08.2014 15:59

Advantages

• "Courteous staff"
      • "Great bargains"

Disadvantages

Great bargains with unusually good customer service

I have been with Secretsales now a number of years and while there have been problems, everything has been sorted by very friendly and helpful customer services. The company is very generous in making amends for any problems encountered

• checkmyfile.com / Internet Site / 6 Readings / 5 Ratings
      29.08.2014 15:51

Advantages

• Clear
      • Cheap
      • Comprehensive

Disadvantages

• "limited pricing options"

A nifty site that does everything it says on the tin.

I started using Check My file because I was worried about a debt I'd been paying off a while and wanted to make sure my score was all right for moving house.

The site checked Callcredit, Equifax and Experian for all the data, which revealed that some of them didn't have all the information of the others, which was surprising.

Check my file explained all the information and even busted the jargon. It was all very helpful and I recommended it to two friends who tried it out.

Additionally, there is a 30 day free trial, which is common, but cancelling it to avoid paying anything was logical and easy. No messing around with emails, calls or waiting for several working days. I was so impressed I actually wanted to write a review, which is uncommon.
      The only thing I can think of as a downside was it didn't have an annual subscription, only monthly and quarterly options.

• Makita BJR240SAJ / Power Saw / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      29.08.2014 14:56

Advantages

• "good power"
      • (almost)
      • "gets into anywhere"
      • "cuts well"

Disadvantages

• "price a bit high"

Chomp through those brances with what looks like a croc-agator

It's a bit of a beast, with a beasts name, or the Reciproccator, although I've heard it called the crocodile/alligator. It is a good 530mm long, not including the blade, which adds another 150mm on that. It is about 165mm high, at the handle, including the battery, which slots into the handle itself. The entire thing weighs in at nearly 5kg, so it's not for the faint hearted.
      The trigger is housed inside the handle, on the rear end, which the guard being the entire handle and front section. As we go along the saw, there's another handle which your other hand holds and not only take the weight of the saw but uses it to control the direction of it too.
      The blade slots into the front, locking into place with the twist of your hands, and a bit of pushing and pulling. And there's a little lock switch that you need to press in order to get the trigger working, this is a safety device and works well, meaning you need two hands to start it up.

The battery is aNi-Mh 3.3Ah 24volt one and it does seem to keep a good charge for a longer time than I expected.

It takes about an hour to charge, giving you about 20-30 minutes of mad cutting time, depending on what you're cutting.
      It can take different size blades, which the front foot section being able to slide in and out to keep the blade balanced and stop it from being pushed back when cutting.

This is one of those tools that you either need or don't need. It os one of them that you might use once or twice, then stick it in the back of the shed. But if you've got an open fire and a pathway to lots of branches in the woods, then this will chomp them into burnable sizes in no time at all, even on a battery. They do do a mains powered 240vlit version for half the price, which is worth thinking about.

The cost of this massive saw is about £200, although you can get it from other shops for less.
      For me, this was great for chopping branches off the tree that were on the verge of causing damage, yet still hanging on in there. And it's great for cutting wood for the fire, but for the price I paid I think I should have left it on the shelf in the shop.
      I did end up selling it on ebay and got 75% of my money back, which was nice.

29.08.2014 14:51

Advantages

• "lovely compact"
      • "good coverage"
      • "lasts well"
      • "shine-free finish"
      • natural

Disadvantages

• expensive

Not quite ever matte, but a very good powder

Clarins Ever Matte Mineral Powder Compact is is designed to effectively control shine for hours, leaving skin fresh and flawless. It's priced at £27.

My thoughts
      The packaging is very classy looking as is to be expected of Clarins. The compact comes in a lovely little pouch and it has a mirror in the lid and a sponge to apply the foundation.

The sponge is soft and high quality and picks up the powder well. It's easy to apply and it goes on nice and smoothly. It's easy to get just a thin layer so it doesn't look caked on. Although it's a powder it doesn't have an overly powdery look to it, it still looks natural even though it keeps shine at bay with a lovely matte finish.
      There are only 4 shades available in this powder so you may struggle to find one that suits, but I found the lightest one is an almost perfect match for my skin and it blends perfectly with my pale skintone.

The coverage this powder gives is really good, I use it as a foundation as it gives me a buildable medium coverage and I find it covers most blemishes effectively so I don't need to use a concealer with it. You can of course use it as a powder over the top of your foundation but personally I feel this would make my face too heavy with product as this is a high coverage powder, even though it feels lightweight on the skin.
      It lasts really well and I only find myself needing to top it up on my t-zone area after around 4 or 5 hours (or slightly less in particularly hot or humid weather). It doesn't disappear into my pores or transfer onto clothes.

The main thing I love about this powder, other than the coverage it gives me, is that it feels like it's doing good to my skin in stead of damaging it like most makeup does. It doesn't clog my pores, make me break out, or dry my skin out. Probably because it's made with high quality ingredients.

Recommended?

Yes, I would recommend this powder to anyone looking for a good medium coverage foundation in powder form, that won't damage their skin.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown