• Center Parcs (England) / Destination National / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      18.09.2014 11:08

Advantages

• "Fresh air and quality time with family/friends"
      • "Lots of activities to do"

Disadvantages

• "School holiday also expensive"
      • "Can work out expensive to do everything"

Fresh Air and Quality Time

I have visited Center Parcs a number of times now – more recently Sherwood near Nottingham, and also Longleat. I have always stayed in a Woodland Lodge which is a three bedroom lodge sleeping up to 6 (a double room and two twins) and I think this is a mid-range accommodation with good facilities such as bedlinen, towels, cutlery, crockery, pans and utensils. The beds are comfy and although bedrooms are small the communal space is good. The lodges are self-catering so you have a barbecue, oven, dishwasher, toaster etc. There was one bathroom and one separate toilet. I would have preferred two bathrooms as it was quite tricky to get five adults in an out the shower in the mornings – a bit of flexibility was needed.

You can stay mid-week (Monday Night to Friday morning) or at weekends (Friday night to Monday morning). You can hire bikes or go around on foot. Free activities include the indoor pool area which is well equipped with rapids, flumes, hot tubs and other activities. Or else you can just sit in the warmth in a deckchair. There is a small beach and playground area too. Most other activities you have to pay for and they are not always cheap. We always try and have a game of crazy golf (£7 adults – 18 holes) and it is a very well thought out course. We also did Laser Combat (£28 for just over an hour) which was heaps of fun. You can also do Ten Pin Bowling or hire a segway, and there are plenty of kids activities. It can all mount up though.

Each 'village; has a Village Square with a few shops and eateries. There is a supermarket for the things you forgot (not the cheapest shop), a place that does take-aways, a sports bar with food for all the family and a couple of restaurants and gift shops. It does vary between villages, but we traditionally visit the Pancake House for breakfast on the last morning.

I've always enjoyed my weekends here but prices vary with the seasons (school holidays also) and type of lodge you stay in, and how many in your party. I recommend checking out their website to see if it is within your budget, but it is lots of fun for all ages.

18.09.2014 10:53

Advantages

• "taste ok"
      • "fat free"

Disadvantages

• "not thick enough"
      • pricey

Not my favourite yoghurt

The reason I started trying Muller Light yoghurts is that I follow the Slimming World diet plan, and these yoghurts are a 'free' food, meaning you can eat as many as you want (obviously within reason and only to satisfy a genuine hunger!)

The yoghurts come in many flavours but strawberry were one of the first I tried as I usually really like strawberry flavour things.

The yoghurts retail at 68p each and are sold in all the main supermarkets. I find the price a little high; there tends to be offers, usually something like 10 for £5 but I don't usually want 10!

Occasionally there's a really good offer like 10 for £3 or 6 for £2 which is when I might get them, the use-by date tends to be a few weeks away so even though I don't want 10 they do last!

Most Muller Lights, the strawberry one included, contain 99 calories and are fat free. This is pretty good, especially when the pot is fairly wide and you get quite a lot of yogurt in there.

For me I find the consistency slightly on the runny side, especially now there are quite a lot of low fat/fat free yoghurts out there that are thicker and creamier. The Muller Lights are still a bit creamy, but definitely less so that other yoghurts I prefer.

The strawberry yoghurt is pale pink in colour with the occasional piece of strawberry in it. The taste of it is pleasant, and easily identifiable as strawberry, but slightly too sweet for me.

This said, I'll eat them occasionally, but I usually go for flavours like toffee as it doesn't feel too sweet as obviously toffee itself is very sweet.

• The Invention of Lying (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      18.09.2014 10:52

Advantages

• "worth a watch"
      • interesting
      • imaginative
      • "great idea"

Disadvantages

• "none it's good"

Imagine living in a world where no one lies

The Invention of Lying is a Ricky Gervais movie, and since the days of the British sit com The Office, Ricky has come a long way. In this movie he plays Mark Bellison, a man struggling with life in a world where nobody lies. It is not that people just don't lie, it just hasn't been invented yet, nobody knows what lying is. For Mark this is not good, as the people around him are just to honest, the movie starts with him going on a date with the stunning actor Jennifer Garner who plays Anna Mcdoogles.

Right from the word go she is honest with Mark, and tells him this will probably be the first and last date, because she doesn't find him attractive. The date is one embarrassing moment from the next, and the next day is no better either, when he is sacked from his job. His work mates instead of being sympathetic to his situation, tell him how they really feel, they tell him they don't like him and are glad he has been sacked. Mark can't pay his rent and it looks like he is going to now be homeless. That is until something clicks in his brain, and he figures something out, something no one has ever thought of, the lie, and through this invention Mark can change his life and get the respect and happiness he so much wants.

I thought this was a pretty good movie, it is an inventive and imaginative idea, plus I always like Ricky and he didn't disappoint me in this. I suppose the moral of the story is that sometimes in life, little lies are actually needed, we are taught that lying is bad, but let's be truthful for one moment, who doesn't lie sometimes. Whether it is to your children about Santa, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny, or to you partner about there new haircut which you just don't think suits them.

Just think about it, if we lived in a world where nobody lies, the world would be a brutal place, as it is for Mark at the start of this movie. This movie does a great job a portraying this, and Ricky is the best actor for the job. He is not the conventional movie star, being short, fat and fury, and I love that this man has no problem laughing at himself, creating a movie which points out the things about him which are not perfect. This movie held my attention well, and I really enjoyed it, but one thing I will say is that it is not for the religious people in the world, as towards the end the movie it does play on the god story being a lie, worth a watch though in my opinion.

18.09.2014 09:28

Advantages

• "Reasonable price"
      • "Reduces shine"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't last 16 hours"
      • "Can't use much with pale skin"

Not quite powder perfection.

Since I first bought this, which was a while ago now, the product packaging has been updated. This is for the 'Ultimate Wear' version of the pressed powder.

I have very pale skin and often struggle to find foundations and powders in a shade that's light enough. I have this one in 'fair', which is actually okay for me despite initially looking a little too dark, as long as I don't use much.

This claims to be an “ultimte wear powder”, designed to give “full, flawless coverage for up to 16 hours”. It's a pressed powder, so a sponge style applicator is what I use with this. Because I don't use all that much each time, I just lightly rub across it a couple of times; for greater coverage you may need to apply more pressure to get more on the sponge and go back over it a second time.

I find the powder to be quite light when dusting on my skin. It has a bit of a sheer effect to it, which is good in one way because I have very pale skin. There is still some colour, however, so I can't use too much otherwise it's very noticeable and looks rather odd. I find it's quite good at giving a bit of a matte effect; I can get shiny bits, such as on my t-zone, after moisturising, so this helps to reduce the shine quite nicely. It gives a bit of coverage of uneven skin tone and blemishes, but not a great deal. I find for my skin, where I have blemishes, concealer is still needed first. This just gets dabbed on quite nicely on the top to give extra coverage, blend the light colours as seamlessly as possible, and give a matte finish.

As for 16hrs wear, I'm not so sure. I don't think I ever truly expected it to last 16 hours perfectly anyway so I'm not particularly disappointed, but it doesn't seem to stay in place for longer than a couple of hours. It can 'smudge' almost, and I can see that powder gathers if I've used it on my eyes, for instance, because it can gather around creases. It doesn't dry skin out too much though, so when covering blemishes the fact it doesn't last 16hrs doesn't mean it ends up looking awful around these areas, it just doesn't give as much coverage as I'd like. This is also noticeable on shiny areas, so they don't stay matte for more than a couple of hours. A tad disappointing as I don't feel it lives up to the claim, but I didn't really expect it do.

Overall, it's a decent enough powder for the price paid. I paid about two pounds fifty for mine from a discounter store, but the updated version is a little over four quid. It could give more coverage, but it is works okay on my pale skin and reduces shine for a few hours without looking cakey or flakey.

• Boots No7 Stay Perfect Foundation / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      18.09.2014 08:04

Advantages

• "Nice range of shades. Shades for paler people. Long lasting."

Disadvantages

• "A little pricey."

If you have struggled with foundation before then give this one a try!

I have tried so many different foundations in the past, usually on the cheaper scale, that I recently decided to splash out and try a more expensive one. Looking around my local boots, this No.7 foundation jumped out at me as it looks very smart in its glass bottle and I have always heard good things about No.7 products.

** No.7 Stay Perfect Foundation **
      This foundation is priced at around £14.50 from Boots. A little tip with this is that you will usually be given a voucher at the checkout for £3 off No.7 make up so you can save it for next time to get the foundation at a slightly cheaper price.

There are a wide range of shades available, from shades for people with very light to very dark skin. I usually go for the Almond, and have pale skin myself, which suits me perfect.

The foundation is presented in a frosted glass bottle, with a black lid. It looks very posh and expensive but it also quite heavy which is not great if you carry your make up around with you. The bottle is brought in a black box which, again, makes the product look expensive.

** Application **

The foundation is dispensed through a pump on the top of the bottle. I have found that the best way to apply this foundation is to dispense 2 pumps onto my hand and then apply to my face, without messing about with brushes. I always find that this provides a full, even coverage.

** Is it worth the price tag? **

I definitely think this foundation is worth the price.

A small amount goes a long way, 2 pumps dispenses a pea sized amount and that is all that is needed for even coverage. Due to the fact that such a small amount is needed, I find that a bottle lasts me around 3 months. Compared to other foundations, which usually last me a month, I actually save money buying this.

I do not find that the foundation wears through the day, I work 14 hour shifts and 9/10 times return with my make up still looking perfect.

• Filth - Irvine Welsh / Fiction Book / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      18.09.2014 07:50

Advantages

• "very cool"
      • "very special "

Disadvantages

• "not told in Bruce's perspective"

A good Filth story to be told

Filth is by Evan Welch who is best known for writing about an ember seedy underbelly and Trainspotting back in the early 90's. This was actually published in 1998. but media adaptation came out last year. I gotta check out the book before I see the film. So much like Trainspotting,Filth documents the more unsavory behavior happening on the streets Scotland. Unlike Trainspotting, on these character, Bruce Robertson is a police officer who basically has free reign to do whatever he wants now plays pretty lace praises up for promotion, there's a murder investigation his team struggling to seoul and he gerry has a lot of health problems, most notably take women has got. That's not very honored to be driven back, it more than makes up for in character. Bruce Robison is one the most disgusting offensive manipulative people over at about and the fact that is over and a fast pass a stream-of-consciousness style and makes it more compelling, he is so unashamedly racist abusive sexist ,like every time he sees a woman he has to either comment on head hits haz or just generally plot a way to make a have sex with him which reminds me,this probably isn't appropriate reading material, and Bruce isn't just average lectures Creek, he's also really clever ,he's kinda like a more coked up Frank Underwood accept less interested in politics I'm more interested in Percy ,he's constantly scheming ways to either school free drugs trick or force women into having sex with him we're just taking out anyone who sees a threat to his future promotion, even because your friend he's likely to fuck with you just because he can.so he's by no means a likable character but he is the main reason I like this book. and here's a pretty common in media ,but you can choose like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter ,they all have the characters with pretty questionable Morrow's ,but ascetic stan is identify with them like they have some redeeming features, another reason I like Filthy he really doesn't ,for the most part the book is about trying to identify with him, issues about experiencing his squad reckless life ,and I found that such a unique adamant that I always became disappointed when later on you start to learn more about his past.
      so let's talk a little bit about writing style, collecting a heads up to people who are bothered by anything that differs from the standard formatting, in other words ,this is written in a Scottish dialect, so by the end of it you might find something in a Scottish accent ,but I've read as Trainspotting ,and I think that was a little tougher to follow in Filth, accent is mostly in the dialogue and lesser in person a monologue, speaking a dialogue there in a speech rocks, well, she's as a dashed let you know when to start speaking and it's pretty obvious when they stop, but there's no definitive way and let you know, I really like to as a stylistic device ,I thought it reality the immediate stream of consciousness feeling but occasionally feeling confusing as to who is speaking and if that's likely to bother you then you might want to avoid this.

I think I would have enjoyed the book more if that was told just from Bruce's perspective.in 2008, a sequel good crime is published which is written from the perspective on the secondary characters, I haven't decided if I'm gonna read that yet, but if you read and enjoyed it please let me know. anyway I hope you enjoyed this review.

• Hotpoint RLA36 / Fridge / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      18.09.2014 01:19

Advantages

• "works fine"
      • "looks good"
      • "customisable storage"
      • "loads of space"

Disadvantages

• "issues with door and light cover"
      • "very noisy"

A good fridge, but not without its problems!

The Hotpoint RLA36 is an under counter freestanding fridge in a modern Graphite finish with 146L storage capacity. It's priced around £200.

My thoughts
      I like the graphite colour of this fridge, it's just that bit different to the usual silver, or the more common white. It does look very plasticky though, so the finish is not very expensive looking and might not fit in with some high quality kitchens.

It is a large under counter fridge, which is wider than a lot of fridges I've seen, but the storage space available inside is fantastic. At the bottom is a large salad tray, and above that a 3 shelves. Then in the door there are 4 removable shelves.
      Just the sheer space inside the fridge is already fantastic, but the ability to customise it to your needs is also great. The shelves can be positioned at different heights in the main compartment, and one of the shelves can be pushed back to half it's size to make way for if you need to stand things in front of it. The shelves in the door can be repositioned at different heights depending on what you want to store in them, which is really handy.

When the fridge arrived the door had to be fitted, you can choose which side to fit it on depending on which way you need it to open to fit in with the rest of your kitchen. This was a slight issue because even once fitted according to the instructions the door kept dropping. It would drop just enough to click the light on which meant that then the bulb ran out in like a day. Then that brought up another issue when I went to change the bulb, because the cover for the light wouldn't go back on properly. It's definitely not without its issues this fridge!
      I find this fridge does work well overall, it chills everything perfectly, and has different temperature settings depending on your needs as you would expect. I never found it created loads of condensation, which is a major plus for me. It is very noisy though. And I mean I know all fridges make noise, but this one is over the top, sometimes it actually sounds like it's about to explode, which is rather unsettling!

It's easy to clean due to the fact that all the shelves and trays are removeable, and I've had mine for several years now and apart from the door and light cover issues I really haven't any problems with it, it still works just the same as it did when I got it.

Recommended?

I'm really not sure if I would recommend this fridge or not. If it wasn't for the issues with the door and the light cover then I would, but these could have been issues that nobody else has had, so I really am on the fence with this one!

18.09.2014 01:16

Advantages

• "lasts ages"
      • "nice packaging"
      • "smells lush"
      • "really moisturising and creamy"

Disadvantages

• "none at all"

Smooth and creamy cocoa butter delight

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick contains real cocoa butter to leave lips moisturised and kissably soft. It's priced at £4.

My thoughts
      The packaging is actually a lot nicer than the one in the picture. It's been updated and has a much more modern look to it now, and it doesn't look as cheap. I like the twist up tube format, I find it really easy to use and apply quickly and easily to my lips.

It has a strong creamy cocoa butter scent which you can smell as soon as you take the lid off. I really love the smell of cocoa butter and this one is really delicious and good enough to eat!
      The balm has a soft and creamy texture, but is still solid enough that it doesn't fall apart when trying to apply it. It glides just so smoothly over my lips and feels wonderfully moisturising. I love the feel of it on my lips, it isn't waxy or sticky, it just feels creamy and soft.

It doesn't leave my lips looking white like some do, even when I go a little overboard with the application, it still just leaves my lips looking soft and healthy.
      It moisturises my lips well and leaves them feeling hydrated for hours before I have to reapply it. I think this is probably the best balm I've used for very dry lips because it's just so moisturising and nourishing and creamy that it really does solve even the driest lips.

Recommended?
      Yes, I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a creamy moisturising lip balm, especially if you also love cocoa butter!

18.09.2014 01:12

Advantages

• "long swivel cord"
      • "variable settings"
      • "works well"
      • "looks great"

Disadvantages

• "filter clogs fairly easily"
      • "sometimes overheats"

Elegant drying

The Babyliss Elegance Purple Hairdryer is a powerful, lightweight 2100W dryer with advanced fan technology for ultra fast drying, in a beautiful high gloss metallic finish. It's priced at £30.

My thoughts
      I love the look of this hairdryer! I love purple anyway, but the shade of this is just so deep and luxurious, it's amazing. It looks really sleek in it's design too and I think it looks a lot more expensive than it is! I'd have definitely happily paid a lot more for it.

It is very lightweight so it's nice and easy to handle and it doesn't make my arms ache from just trying to hold it up. It doesn't feel cheap though even though it's light, it still feels high quality. The cord is nice and long so you can easily manouvre it and you don't have to be sat right by a wall socket. The cord also swivels around so you can turn the hairdryer right the way round without having to stop because the cord's got caught or wrapped around your arm!
      It has 3 different temperature settings, and 2 speed settings, so you can easily adjust it for your/your hairs needs. I have fine hair and I find it's best for me to use it on the lower speed because otherwise my hair is just flying all over the place, and I usually use the second temperature setting as I feel this dries my hair quickly without feeling too hot on my scalp. I don't use the hottest temperature setting at all because when I put it on that one it just stinks of burning before I've even put it near my hair, and it really does feel like it's burning my scalp.

I find this dryer does dry my hair pretty quickly, it takes me about 10 minutes to fully dry my hair which is long but fine. With my last hairdryer it used to take at least 15 minutes to feel it was fully dry.
      A few times the hairdryer has just stopped working in the middle of me using it and I've thought 'oh no, I need to replace it', but when I've turned it on again later it's worked fine again, so I think it must just overheat sometimes. Also the filter seems to get clogged pretty quickly and sometimes that can stop it from working, but it's very easy to clean because the back of the hairdryer just unclips so you can get to the filter and remove the fluff that's collected.

Recommended?
      Yes, I would definitely recommend this hairdryer. It looks stylish and it does the job well. A bargain at £30.

• Felix / Cat Food / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      18.09.2014 01:10

Advantages

• "There are different packs available for you "
      • "It is not expensive "
      • "It does not smell very bad"
      • "It tastes good to my cats"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages "

My cats like Felix

WHAT IS IT?

Felix is cat food that is available in different packs like pouches and cans. That is convenient for me because I have got 3 cats so I can have the option of buying 3 pouches or buying a can between them. When I had one cat only I used to buy pouches all the time but that is very expensive when you have got to buy 3 every time.

WHAT I THINK

I like that Felix is available in quite alot of different flavours and there are meat, chicken and fish varieties for you to choose. My cats have liked all of the flavours equally and I think they have tried most of them because I buy different flavours when I go shopping to give them a selection.

My cats all enjoy Felix very much and I know when I put it in their bowls they will eat all of it. It does not smell good but I think the smell is alot better than most canned cat food. I do not buy Felix all the time because my cats eat other brands of wet food so I am not loyal to one brand, I know that they like Felix because they do not leave any in their bowls.

My cats do not seem to be hungry when they have had their meal of Felix and they do not rush for food until it is their usual feeding time again. I have one cat that stays in the house and she uses a litter tray so I am happy Felix does not make cats have a very bad smell when they go to the toilet.

ANYTHING ELSE?

You can buy Felix in cans that cost about 79p and pouches that are 60p. I think that is value because of how much my cats enjoy eating Felix and the way they eat their food without leaving any.

5 Dooyoo Stars.

• Bobble Water Bottle / Homeware / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      17.09.2014 23:21

Advantages

• "fully recyclable"
      • "virtually unlimited use"
      • "robust bottle"
      • "decent size"

Disadvantages

• "filters can vary in price"
      • "not the cheapest bottle around"

Bobbling along with my water.

Over the hottest part of summer I was working in a glass office block, needless to say I was often feeling the effects of dehydration, but company policy was that open drinks containers were banned outside of the break room. So I decided to look for a bottle which would fit in my handbag but still be big enough to hold enough water to last a few hours.

The winner of the search was the Bobble bottle, initially I just liked the shape, I didn't think there was much point to the filtering system as I live and work in a soft water area but frequently visit hard water areas and object to paying £1 or more for a bottle of water so figured I'd just carry it when I travel too.

I paid £10 for my bottle and filter, which seemed an awful lot of money for a mere water bottle. Replacement filters can be purchased in singles (£4-£7) or twin packs (£6-£13) my last purchase of filters was from John Lewis at £6 for two.

The bottle is a fairly thin and somewhat flexible plastic, it contains up to 550ml of water so can range from very light to rather weighty in the handbag. It's shape is a rather pleasing hourglass curve, making it easy to hold on to - I've taken to using it when running as well as at work as it's so easy to hold on to.

So the real test is does the filter work? For me in my home region the filter is rather pointless, the water from the tap tastes good at any time, but I've visited friends in London and found that the taste of the tap water was vastly improve by the filter - though nothing will ever make London tap water taste good when it's not been chilled first.

Keeping the bobble clean is simple, I merely unscrew the filter and chuck the rest of the bottle in to a bowl of soapy water and give it a good rinse, you can buy a Bobble branded bottle brush but well....why would you?

I've been using my bobble now for around 4 months, changing the filter once a month this has cost me around £24 for an almost unlimited supply of filtered water - I do get alot of use out of it refilling my Bobble two or three times a day most days, the cost of the same quantity of bottled water would be far far greater than the cost of Bobble so far. The recommendation is to change the filter every 300 refills or no less often than once every 2 months. There are a few small scuffs on the body of the bottle but nothing unexpected for an item which lives in my handbag.

17.09.2014 23:15

Advantages

• "Softness "
      • "Nice clean smell"

Disadvantages

Very pleasant smell

I bought a bag of lavender scented wood shavings from Pets at home they were on offer 2 for £8 so I also got another bag of wood shavings which was Lemon scented.

I used these in my guinea pigs cages/hutches. Once I opened the bag of shavings I could smell the lavender! I spread some on the bottom of the cages/hutches, and also put lot's in the corner where they sleep. The shavings felt super soft, it was like a luxury type of wood shavings if that makes sense! Once in use, I noticed not only did it smell nice it is also very absorbent and dust free. The fresh smell did last for day's - much better than the usual smell!

On the next clean, I used the lemon scented wooden shavings - once again when I opened the bag I could smell the lemon! I would actually say I prefer the lemon smell to the lavender, it was a little bit stronger but I liked it, it smelt nice, clean and fresh. I spread it around the cages and more at the bedding area. This was also just as soft as the lavender scented bag.

I would buy this scented wood shavings again because of the nice smell, but more than that I would buy it just for the pure softness of it - much softer than other shavings. The only thing I am not certain of is how my guinea pigs like the lavender and lemon smell, for all I know they could hate the smell and prefer the more natural smell so for that reason I will remain unsure - I will buy again but not every time.

17.09.2014 22:45

Advantages

• "Flea buster"
      • "Nice smell"

Disadvantages

• "Hard to lather "

Good for killing fleas!

I was given some of this Johnson's insecticidal shampoo by a friend to try before buying it. My friend uses this on her pet rabbits and it sounded very good as it aims to kill mites, lice and fleas that might be small pets. My friends bunny's smell clean and fresh when she uses this shampoo so I couldn't wait to try it on my 2 guinea pigs.

First of all the shampoo comes in a small plastic 125ml bottle with a flip top lid. You need to mix the shampoo with water and each mix varies, you have to mix it different for different pets.

The shampoo itself is quite runny and does not froth up at all so it takes a while to squish it all around the fur. There is a pleasant smell that comes from the shampoo, very clean and fresh. I wouldn't of thought my guinea pigs had fleas, but to my horror, I did see fleas raising up to the top of the fur - I quickly rinsed them away ! uch!!!

The guinea pigs did look a lot fluffier and cleaner after having their shampoo and they did seem to enjoy getting pampered! Now that I have given this shampoo a go, I will be buying some, I was very pleased with the result and the fact that it exposed fleas that I never thought were there!

My friend told me I could buy a small bottle for around £2 from eBay or Amazon so that's what I shall do!

17.09.2014 22:25

Advantages

• Chewable

Disadvantages

• Smell

Simple but good.

I have in the past bought a couple of these wooden play tunnels for my daughters hamster. I bought 2 of them because they were cheep, just over £1. I have not seen them in Wilkinson for a while now, so I am not sure if they are still selling them.

The tunnel is made out of wood - it basically looks just like a hollow log. At the top of the tunnel there is 2 round holes for the hamster to climb in and out.

I put the tunnel in to the hamsters cage ... and waited for him to wake up! when he woke, he started to investigate his new toy. The hamster absolutely loved it, he was running in and out, popping his head through the holes on the top! He spent ages dragging bits of food back and forth in to the tunnel - hilarious to watch!

What was also good about the tunnel is it is non toxic so it is safe for the hamster to chew on - and also keeps there teeth in good condition.

The only problem about this tunnel is the smell! I did give it a good clean when I cleaned out the cage but the smell would not budge! It lasted about 2 weeks until the smell was unbearable and I had to throw it away and replace it with the other tunnel I bought. All in all this is a simple toy that will keep your hamster busy for a long, long time! I am sure the hamster wont mind the pong!

• Nurofen Caplets / Pain Relief / 4 Readings / 2 Ratings
      17.09.2014 22:21

Advantages

• "Widely available"
      • "Easy to swallow"
      • "Sugar coated"

Disadvantages

• "RRP is a little steep"

My first choise of pain relief

Luckily for me, I don’t tend to suffer with headaches or pains very often but when I do, these are always my first choice and I like to ensure I have a strip of these in my handbag at all times.

There are lots of different pack sizes available and they are widely available from most shops, prices do vary a lot, prices start from around a pound and I find the best prices are generally from the discount stores which is where I purchase mine from.

Each tablet contains 200mg of ibuprofen, measures just a few cm in diameter and is sugar coated which means they are quite smooth and easy to swallow. If for any reason they get stuck in your mouth, they don’t leave that nasty taste (as I remember as a child).

Regardless of the reason for taking these, I find that they seem to work really very quickly and within around 10minutes, the pain starts to ease, whether that be period pains, flu symptoms, headaches or toothache. I must say that also whenever I have used, they do a good job at keeping the pain at bay and its not until several hours later that the pain starts to return. It is worth noting that you can only take 6 of these within a 24hour period, however the good thing is that you can alternate them with paracetamol, by this I mean take two of these now, then two hours later take two paracetamol, then two hours later take two of these and so on. To be honest, I find that unless I am really ill, two of these generally do what they should.

I would recommend and give these 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown