19.09.2014 18:08

Advantages

• "Great Sound"
      • Comfortable

Disadvantages

Great Equipment - Really great sound

I used to play online games that needed constant communication between players. I bought this headset and it was one of the most efficient devises I have ever bought. Creative is one of the most famous brands that competes in this kind of industry( sound cards, sound software, headsets etc).
      Have you ever been in a position that you were listening to a song or playing a video game and the music was just ok, nothing more? And then suddenly, when you decide to shut every other noise, you realize that the music was on a whole different level from before. This is the sensation that this headset gives you. By the time you are wearing this you cannot hear anything from the outside world and you can focus only on your task.
      Additionally, the microphone is detachable so you can just use the headset only. The headset sits very comfortable on your head and you it is very light.
      The price is little higher than it should be in my opinion but, the headset comes with an excellent software where you can adjust microphone sensitivity, sound effects etc.
      I recommend to buy this set, especially if you are a PC gamer because I used to be one and I know the frustration for not be able to hear clearly what others say, or the microphone making noise from breathing or clicking the keyboard too hard. I guarantee that, with this devise those things will never be an issue again.

19.09.2014 17:54

Advantages

• "Best cold and flu capsules"

Disadvantages

Best cold and flu capsules, a medicine cupboard must have!

I'm pretty sure every one of us has suffered from a cold or even worse, flu, before and probably suffers from it at least once or twice a year when the seasons change. When a cold hits me it is generally quite bad and I swear by the Benylin cold and flu day and night maxstrength capsules, they get me through every time.

A pack of 16 capsules will cost around £3.50, that gives you 12 day capsules and 4 night capsules. The day capsules contain caffeine besides the other ingredients such as paracetamol. The night capsules are caffeine free to let you sleep easy. You take the day capsules every 4-6 hours during the day and I find the night capsules work best if you take them at least 30 mins before bedtime.
      I find this is the best cold and flu treatment, it gets me through a busy day when I'm feeling under the weather and it lets me get on with things. The caffeine in this product makes sure of that, it definitely beats just taking plain paracetamol tablets.

There are other, similar capsules on the market and most drug stores and supermarkets will do their own cheaper version of this, these work just as well I find. They tend to have the exact same ingredients.

Overall I would recommend the capsules by Benylin, they are a fair price and they definitely do the job but if you wanna save a few pennies then go for the own brand versions.

19.09.2014 17:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Happy Days!!!

Very helpful fee free service. First mortgage, quite unique circumstance so definitely needed the advice which was sound. People say getting a mortgage is stressful, must say I just kicked back without many worries thanks to L&C. Communication was great when needed....Couldnt be more please with my experience - Cheers James

19.09.2014 17:28

Advantages

• bien

Disadvantages

bon

The Samsung Galaxy S5 16GB model will only offer 10.7GB of user available storage.

According to SamMobile, the Galaxy S5 will offer 10.7GB out of the possible 16GB due to software features and the TouchWiz UI bloatware.

Last year, Samsung came under great criticism for the storage space issues in the Samsung Galaxy S4, after it was alerted to the problem by a BBC Watchdog investigation.

Due to TouchWiz UI features, the Galaxy S4 only initially offered around 9GB of user available storage.

“We appreciate the issue being raised and we will improve our communications,” said a Samsung spokesperson at the time. “We are reviewing the possibility to secure more memory space through further software optimisation.”

From the looks of things the Galaxy S5 storage issues won’t be as large as with the Galaxy S4, but over 5GB of the phone’s available memory will be taken up by system memory items that are “required to run the system.”

This may be reduced by the time the Samsung Galaxy S5 release date on April 11 rolls around and the company has finished optimising everything on the final version.
      Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s5-16gb-only-has-10gb-of-user-available-storage#uATl3MaAtqdFO7a8.99

• Phones 4U / Highstreet Shopping / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      19.09.2014 17:16

Advantages

• "Good firm"

Disadvantages

• "Gone bust"

Contract terminated

I feel really sorry for the workers of Phones4u. They have been well and truly stitched up. Their celebrity obsessed owner John Caudwell built up the firm from nothing to its high street dominance and then sold it for a billion bucks to private equity firms. These vultures load the companies they buy with debt, and then cut costs to the bone in an attempt to make instant profits. BC Partners stacked on an extra £200 million debt on the company and then immediately paid £200m to its ‘business partners’. Instead of investing in the business with trained knowledgeable staff and new ideas they went with high pressure sales techniques with staff working for bonuses, the so-called ‘Streefighting’ techniques. It’s pretty disgusting stuff by Caudwell and BC Partners.

Most customers have traditionally turned to companies like Phones4u and Carphone Warehouse to find out which network, tariff and phone maker to go with. Phones4u mark up would be selling the phones cheap but higher contracts to get the money back. But they were sunk as the big four networks ganged up on them and cancelled their contracts, the loss of EE throwing the company into administration. The big four prefer to run their own branded high street stores now and that was the end of that. Coupled with falling call costs forced by the European Union phones4u struggled and the big four got together and realized not only could they wipe out the middle man here but steal their prime high street locations to put their own Vodafone, EE, O2… stores on the high street. The killer was Phones4u simply had no room to renegotiate deals that would see the big four get a bigger slice of the call time cake as smartphone punters moved more towards internet usage and free phone aps like Viber and Skype. The day of paying for phone calls is coming to an end. Carphone Warehouse shares immediately rose on the news of the collapse as they are now the only major bespoke highstret firm that offer network choice. But will they be next? They do, though, have good distribution deals with Nokia, Sony, Samsung and Apple and so won’t be taken down any day soon and being partnered with Dixon helps.

We all know the networks ripped off PAYG customers with 35p a minute calls and unless you had a monthly contract you could only really afford to text and receive calls. A five for a regular phone call is ridiculous. But Phones4u seemed fair whenever I sued them and their staff knowledgably in the early days. I wanted to chat with them about my Nokia 520 PAYG from Amazon warehouse refusing to allow me to download any credit. I wondered if this was an issue with phones that are older models and have been stored in warehouses for a while. Previously I had always gone to these guys to get advice and they had sorted my problems. But the statement of closure was on the door and that was that.

As far as consumer rights go for current customers with contracts and guarantees I would say it’s pretty strong. The company was profitable and so there is money there for compensation. This company didn’t go bust over accumulated debts but simply broken up. This is the new style of capitalism and why we are all on contract or zero hours employment deals. It was actually quite successful in its own right. If companies like this can fall then any can.

19.09.2014 17:12

Advantages

• "Great small party game"
      • "Great Family Game"
      • "Many Different Type of Games "
      • "Many Different Questions"

Disadvantages

A great game to have fun with your friends

The game ROCKS. It is a great game, many questions and different types of game-play. We used to play every day for 2 weeks and the questions were always different. The topics of the questions vary from science and math to history, art, music, TV, movies and much more.
      The game is very interactive as each of you picks one hero to compete in the best imaginary TV show. The TV host is a hilarious guy that always jokes around, humiliates everyone and make you feel embarrassed( just for fun of course).
      Also you can play online and interact with more people. Also you can download more question topics from the internet, so this game never gets old. If you start getting bored with Monopoly, Trivial etc and you want something more exciting but on the same page, this is the game.
      The bad thing is that, every player must have an individual devise for pressing the correct answers. The classic PS 3 controller does not count. For example, if you want 8 players to play simultaneously and without creating teams then you need to buy an additional 1x4 pack of Buzz controllers. However if you want, you can just stay with the initial 4 controllers and compete as 4 teams.
      I think Buzz! is one of the best games out there that can make you spend hours and hours playing without even notice. Unfortunately It is only for PS 3, not Xbox. In my opinion, it is worth it 100 percent.

19.09.2014 16:59

Advantages

• "Helps achy muscles"
      • "Clears your nose"

Disadvantages

• "Smell rubs off onto everything"

Best remedy for a blocked nose!

I'm sure everyone remembers the Vicks VapoRub or similar products from their childhood, my mum used this on me every time I had a cold. It is such an easy product to use. You can buy this in different size tubs, I generally get the 100g tub and this will set you back around £4-5. It is readily available from Boots, Superdrug and various other high street stores as well as online.

The product itself is a gooey, slimey paste that has a very strong menthol smell. It instantly goes up your nose when you open the tub. Just rub a small amount on your chest and back when your nose is blocked and as it warms on your body you will inhale it and unblock your nose. This is especially useful if you can't sleep due to a blocked nose. It will help you to sleep easy.
      As it has a very strong smell your clothes will smell of it and it might rub off onto your bedsheets so once you are feeling better and don't need to use it anymore just swap over all bedclothes and sheets. This smell does linger.

Another great use for this is to ward off mosquitos, just rub a small amount on you and they will stay away. It is also great for mending achy muscles. I'm sure it has many other uses too so it's worth doing a little research.

Overall I would recommend this product, it does the trick every time and it is a must have for every medicine cupboard!

19.09.2014 16:50

Advantages

• "Good value when on offer"
      • "Provides all nutrition "
      • "Cat loves it "

Disadvantages

• "Nothing "

Meaty Whiskas!

My cat has been fed Whiskas since I got her at just 8 weeks old. Having never owned a cat before and getting her as a surprise I was not very prepared and had to rush out to purchase food. Whiskas was a brand that I had always been aware off so I opted to feed this brand of food to my cat and have never looked back with her now being fed the simply grilled meat, fish or poultry selections with my cats favourite being the meat variety.

Most of the larger supermarkets stock the Whiskas grilled meat selection in either boxes of 12x85g pouches ranging from £3.00-£4.75 depending upon offers or 40x85g box ranging from £10.00-£11.49 again depending upon special offers.

The meat selection contains 4 different flavours, beef, lamb, chicken and duck. The food comes packaged in individually foil pouches to help keep it nice and fresh. On the box you can find all the detailed information about the food including nutritional information and feeding guidelines. It also states that it contains no artificial flavorings and preservatives and has all the protein, vitamins and minerals a cat requires.

As my cat is an adult cat now the recommended feeding guidelines are 2 pouches per day with 20g of biscuit. This is what I have been following and my cat has maintained a healthy weight and seems satisfied with the amount she is fed.

I have been very happy with this food, my cat is happy and healthy with a glossy coat and bright eyes. I know that a lot of people favour a dried diet for there cats but mine gets an upset tummy if fed too much dried food so while this diet keeps her healthy I am happy to continue to feed it to my cat. This food also recently changed with ‘new improved recipe’ being featured on the box but fortunately this did not have any adverse affect on my cat other than she seems to enjoy it even more than before with a pouch quickly being devoured when it is placed into her bowl.

Overall I think this is an average priced food, my cat enjoys it and I have experienced no problems with it therefore I would recommend it to other cat owners and I will continue to purchase it.

19.09.2014 16:29

Advantages

• "Tailored service"
      • Friendly
      • "Quick responses to emails"

Disadvantages

Excellent tailored service

Case M1753710

Excellent tailored service from Richard and Amber. Helped me get the mortgage and survey underway especially quickly as the vendor wanted a quick survey and sale.

• footballcv.com / Internet Site / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      19.09.2014 15:49

Advantages

• "Given a chance to be seen in front of scouts"

Disadvantages

• none

I'd recommend it to you if you like football and don't have two left feet.

I went to just see what it was about, cheap to participate and I had a good experience. The coaches were knowledgeable and I played at a venue I would usually only see from the stand. Thumbs up from me!

19.09.2014 15:40

Advantages

• "Great Production "
      • "Great Acting"
      • "Great Story"

Disadvantages

Must See Movie Excellent Plot

I have to say I was very curious about this movie. However the plot was amazing, the actors were really good and the production excellent. Then I learned that this movie was based on a book series. The movie made me to start reading the books and I have to say only one think: You Have To Read The Books.
      Excellent excellent plot. The movie was great but all of us know that a book is more inspiring. However when you had the chance to see face, places hear sounds inside a movie then you get a more specific image.
      I have to say, you must definitively see the movie and when you will love it start reading the books because it is worth to read every line. Also I recommend to buy the Blu-ray version of the movie so you do not miss any detail of this masterpiece. I prefer to see my movies only on Blu-ray version because the quality matters some times. It is very different to see everything as clear as possible rather than having your eyes be tired from a less quality video.
      I have only found one disappointing fact during the movie. The action was there, the excitement was there but they were not enough. A little more fights and action would have been perfect but I guess this is my opinion.
      Don't miss it. It is one of the few "new generation cinema movies" that are worth buying and having it among your collection.

• HTC Desire X / Smartphone / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      19.09.2014 14:50

Advantages

• "Good Resolution"
      • "Not very expensive "
      • "Great Sustain"
      • "Android Software"

Disadvantages

• Battery

Great Phone That Worth Its Money

I have been using this phone for almost 3 years. I think it is a great choice for everyone and I recommend it for sure.
      It is running a decent android software and it has a good processor so you can use almost every app that is out there without having any problems. Also the screen resolution is great and its camera is good for a phone. Also the camera has a flashlight. I could described it as an all-around phone. It doesn't have the specs of the latest phones but for its price it is really worth it.
      Another still I want to mention is that I am very sloppy and my phone had some serious drops. I am very surprised that it is still alive. You can find anywhere cheap phone cases around 8-10 euros that can protect the phone. Also, the battery can last for 14 hours on maximum usage and around 4 days without using it at all.
      One disadvantage I want to mention is the fact that if you are trying to run more that 4-5 apps, lags are starting to show up and the phone starts to slow but i guess that is expected.
      If you are looking for an android phone in that range of money I am pretty sure this is the phone you are looking for. You will not be disappointed at all. HTC is a well recognized professional brand with reliability and always produces great products. This phone is one of them.

• Acer ICONIA W700 / Laptop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      19.09.2014 13:57

Advantages

• "USB 3.0 1 port"
      • "2 in 1 device"
      • "4 GB Ram "
      • "Windows 8 Pro"
      • "Great Resolution"

Disadvantages

• Weight
      • Battery

Excellent Devise. It Is Worth The Money.

I have been using this tablet/PC for more than a year now. I am really happy with my choice of buying this because it has everything in one device. I can use it as a tablet, I can use it as a notebook and I can use it as a PC.
      Due to the fact that comes with a Windows 8 PRO operating system lets you install software like a normal PC as well as getting apps from the Windows App Store. Great display resolution and decent cameras both on the rear and the front. A gigantic 11.6 inches display that makes reading much more easier. Also when you buy the tablet you also get a free Bluetooth keyboard and usually a stylus. Also you get a free subscription on Acer Ever-note (a One-note like app).
      However, the fact that the devise is around 11.6 inches uses a lot of the battery on brightness of the screen. At least, the battery can last around 4-5 hours using the max performance and around 10 hours using the battery life saver. Also if you want to use the tablet effectively you must either hold it with both hands because it weights around 1 Kg.
      I really recommend this product to everyone that wants both a tablet and a PC. I am a student and it was really difficult to get my previous 18 inches laptop to the university every day. I bought this tablet and seriously, my life got too much easier now.

• Trixie Can Cover / Cat Accessory / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      19.09.2014 13:50

Advantages

• "Do what they should"
      • "Excellent price"

Disadvantages

A good product and good price

When I had two cats, I used to give them a tin of cat food between then, unfortunately, I only have one cat now and while I didn’t want to move to pouches, I was concerned about the smell of leaving a half opened tin of Whiskas out or the food drying out. I used to use foil to cover the tin up but found this a bit of a nightmare in the mornings (as I always never seem to have enough time) so 9 times out of 10, I would either end up giving Bruno too much to eat or throwing half a tin of food away.

These are just a really simple product, to use they just pop on top of the opened tin and it keeps the food fresh. They are supplied in a pack of three, one red, one blue and one orange, they have a raised image on the paw print on the top and a scalloped edge which provides extra grip when I am removing the lids from the cans.
      I don’t think these are suitable for dishwashers (although to be honest, I am not sure I would put them in mine), I find that just washing with warm soapy water works.

Although I mainly use Whiskas, I find that when I have purchased different brands, the lids still fit perfectly.

Overall, these has made my life a lot easier, as soon as I have fed Bruno, I just get one of these out, pop it on top of the tin and place in the cupboard. I now don’t have to worry about any nasty smells escaping and his food keeps nice and fresh. I would recommend and give these 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

19.09.2014 12:04

Advantages

• "Quick relief"

Disadvantages

Best if you're feeling bloated, quick relief!

I sometimes suffer from bloating and always just put up with it until I got talking to a friend who recommended a supermarket brands tablets to me. So I gave them a go but did not get on with those too well. Often remedies and medicines can be a bit of a trial and error thing so I though I'll give some other similar tablets a go and ended up really liking the Senokot dual relief tablets.

They are a herbal remedy to relief constipation and bloatedness. Each tablet contains senna leaves tinnevelly BP 100mg, aloes (cape) BP 45mg, cascara bark BP 30mg, dandelion root 30mg and fennel seed 15mg. You are advised to take 1 or 2 tablets at bedtime when necessary.
      A pack of 20 tablets will cost you around £3.80 in places like Boots and Superdrug, but they are available a little cheaper online so do shop around.

I generally take these when I feel bloated and I don't just take them at bedtime but anytime of the day. This seems to work fine for me. I take one tablet and within the hour my tummy feels absolutely fine. I would definitely recommend these, they are the best product I have found so far. Other brands would take forever to take effect, if they had any effect at all. These sort me out straight away.

Overall a great product from a trusted company, they are readily available in drug stores and pharmacies and don't cost the world, so worth trying out.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown