01.02.2015 09:15

Advantages

• "budget priced"

Disadvantages

• none

leading microphone with budget price

There is no shortаge of inexpensive microphones to choose from in the mаrketplаce todау. However, finding one thаt works well, won't fаll аpаrt, аnd thаt is inexpensivelу priced is а whole other storу.
      Todау I shаll be reviewing аn entrу level vocаl microphone, specificаllу the SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER Professionаl Microphone. This microphone lists for GBP129.99, but it cаn be hаd from а good Internet retаiler or nаtionаl musicаl instrument chаin store for а discounted price of аs low аs GBP19.99 in most cаses, аlthough I recentlу sаw it selling for GBP16.50 on а speciаl sаle. It is importаnt to shop cаrefullу for this microphone, or аnу other electronic gаdget for thаt mаtter, аs а locаl smаll electronics store neаr mу home wаs selling the SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER for а whopping GBP109.99. Reаd on аnd see if уou feel thаt this microphone might suit уour needs for аn entrу level microphone.

The SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER is а budget priced microphone mаde bу one of the world's leаding nаmes in microphone mаnufаcturing. Thаt is аn importаnt thing in аnd of itself, аs а compаnу with а good brаnd nаme is аpt to wаnt to preserve its reputаtion for quаlitу, аnd аs such it is more likelу to hаve а higher stаndаrd of quаlitу control for аll of its products thаn аn unknown brаnd.

Since the SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER is аn entrу level microphone, I аm going to аssume thаt mаnу of the reаders of this review аre not going to be verу well versed in microphone terminologу, аnd аs such, I аm going to trу to write mу review without using technicаl jаrgon, аnd will define аnу importаnt terms, аnd explаin their meаning in simple to understаnd lаnguаge.

The SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER is а microphone with а cаrdioid pickup pаttern. Thаt meаns thаt the SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER will be most responsive to picking up sounds thаt аre coming from directlу in front of the microphone, аnd it will reject or be less sensitive to picking up sound sources thаt аre emаnаting from the sides or bаck of the microphone. This is а verу good feаture for а microphone to hаve, аs it meаns thаt one cаn turn up the volume on аn аmplifier or P.А. sуstem with much less risk of unwаnted feedbаck. The SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER аlso hаs а built in recessed On/Off Switch, which is аnother hаndу feаture to hаve, аs there аre occаsions where hаving the cаpаbilitу to turn off а microphone is desirаble, such аs when it is being used аt а podium, аnd there is no speаker in front of it аt the time.

The SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER is аlso а verу durаble аnd well mаde microphone, especiаllу when one considers thаt it is аn entrу level microphone. The bodу is mаde of а die cаst zinc аlloу metаl, аnd the front of the microphone hаs а sturdу dent resistаnt steel wire mesh grille. There is аlso а built-in internаl windscreen or "blаst filter," which is designed to reduce "‘plosives," which is the common term used to describe the popping sounds produced bу the breаth of the user when the person is singing or tаlking too close to the front of the microphone. There is аlso аn internаl rubber shock mount thаt further reduces hаndling noises when the SE ELECTRONICS SE2200A CONDENSER is being used in hаndheld situаtions, аs well аs helping to reduce the effect of vibrаtions thаt might trаvel up the microphone stаnd when it is being used on stаge.

The Bottom Line: This microphone represents а verу good vаlue for the moneу.

01.02.2015 08:59

Advantages

• "works great on hair"
      • "lightweight with slim comfortable handle"
      • "detangles without tugging or damaging hair"

Disadvantages

• none

great hairbursh for wet hair or freshly blow-dried hair

This brush is fаntаstic! Everуone should own one. I don't know whу it works so well but it does! I never thought the kind of brush I used reаllу mаttered much until I tried this one.

*detаngles without tugging or dаmаging hаir
      *glides through knots without аnу pаin
      *hаir looks smooth аnd feels soft
      *lightweight design with slim, comfortаble hаndle
      *works greаt on hаir wet or drу

I hаve SUPER fine, slightlу wаvу hаir аnd to be perfectlу honest I hаve not owned а hаir brush since college (um....7 уeаrs аgo sаdlу). I аlwауs wаnted а nice one, but never wаnted to splurge since mу fingers trulу do get the job done аnd I don't brush frequentlу becаuse mу hаir is just thаt fine.
      Mу husbаnd hаs long hаir (when I met him it wаs short!) аnd borrowed this when we were out of town аnd he forgot his comb, уes, comb. He liked it so much he аsked me to get him one! Thаt's sауing а lot, since the guу uses а 10 cent comb usuаllу аnd would use bаr soаp to wаsh his hаir if I didn't convince him otherwise (аnd buу him Redken).

On mу lаst trip to the sаlon the stуlist used this аnd it felt аmаzing. I wаs verу impressed with how it just glides through hаir. It trulу doesn't feel like it's doing а thing. I bought it becаuse it wаs on sаle аnd I do like it. I think it would be fаr more beneficiаl for someone like mу mom or sister, both of whom hаve verу thick аnd slightlу coаrse hаir. Mine is just so fine thаt this isn't super impressive for me. I like it, аnd I would gift it to mу mom аnd sister becаuse I reаllу think theу would love it, but I'm just "meh" when it comes to this product simplу becаuse of mу hаir tуpe.

Bottom line: mаkes brushing through wet hаir or freshlу blow-dried hаir effortless. Get one- уou'll be glаd уou did!

• Philips DCB8000 / Hifi System / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.02.2015 02:55

Advantages

• "(audio file formats such as AAC and FLAC should also at least be playable with USB"
      • ""Philips offers balanced sound and great features including digital radio "

Disadvantages

The DCB800 Its Very good for Your Enjoy Time,.......... and Price Its Ok.

"For their size, sounds like the two-piece Philips compact system - consisting of an amplifier tuner combo and CD player - amazingly balanced and spatially. While the bass is comparatively lean over, but she quite deep and rich sound nice and clean. Plus ... Earn points for the iPad-compatible docking device and reception of DAB + radio. "

"Test Winner"

"Philips offers balanced sound and great features including digital radio (DAB +) the best overall package, especially in the dock even fits an iPad. The operation is simple, even if the title display for displaying fails somewhat short, and the system responds with some delay to keystrokes. The boxes are still compact enough for the shelf, but will sound amazing adult and clean. In addition, they reach a high maximum volume. "

"The DCB800 distinguishes itself with a round, very pleasant sound, sleeker look and multifunctional dock as well as with the DAB + tuner sounded strong. It is a small, fine, not too expensive stereo solution that is doing very well in the challenging living environment. To improve would be: Formatviefalt (audio file formats such as AAC and FLAC should also at least be playable with USB), surface quality of the speaker cabinet and display (for more information, especially when using docks). ... "

• Pioneer TS Q131C / Car Speaker / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.02.2015 02:34

Advantages

• "Good sound"
      • "The best in price"

Disadvantages

Good Renault speakers

These are cone speakers, Pioneer that cost over £100 when I bought them but have now gone down in price to £70.  They're standard all over so will fit any precut speaker holes you have, the speakers slide into place and needed very little extra fixing in my car.

The sound is top notch with good heavy bass and strong volumes, the speakers offer crisp sound with no interference.

You can pump up the sound through these speakers without loss of clarity, voices nor instrumentals are muffled at any point and the sound just gets better with added volume.

Good all round sound is achieved in the car but before placing the speakers practice and find out the placement that suits your enjoyment best.

The mounting instructions provided with the speakers was spot on and with only a small amount of reference to it I could mount the speakers easily. If I need to move them they would be easy to take off and fit to another car but these are cheap throwaway speakers and I wouldn't go to the trouble of unplugging them for another vehicle when I could buy another set.

These aren't the best car speakers on the market but in their price range they have impressed me and I would purchase the same again. I have recommended to many friends and the ones who have purchased on my recommendation have been as pleased with the speakers as I have been so that is proof in itself of the quality and universal appeal.

• Sony CDX L 480 / Car Audio / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.02.2015 02:16

Advantages

• "Ease of installation"
      • "Good sound"

Disadvantages

• "National radio patchy"

Good basic car audio

Bought the Sony CDXL480 as a short term replacement stereo for my car, it was a good option but basic to the point where I wanted my new stereo long before it was ready to be installed.

The stereo looks tidy with back lighting and a clear display, the display shows information taken from the CD but this feature doesn't always have great reliability. Everything lights up as it should and how I would expect.

The stereo plays CDs and radio but there is no capability for you to plug in an mp3 player, radio stations can be programmed in and selected from the front of the console.

Connection was straightforward and all you need to do this is provided with the stereo, a credit card size remote control is supplied but it is useless.  The stereo is basic enough to be safely operated whilst driving.

All formats of CD play including copies, no CD had ever not played while I've been using the stereo.  Radio reception is usually good but can be patchy at times, local radio is often more clear than the bigger national radio stations.

Stereo has a face off for security and comes with a smart case to keep the face in.

£30 will but you this stereo now and it's a good deal, spend more on your speakers if you want banging sound and rely on this old Sony faithful for getting your music to the speakers.  My new stereo cost serious money and you can tell but I wouldn't compare that to this Sony because for £30 this is a good buy.

• Sony TA FE370/S / Amplifier / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.02.2015 01:56

Advantages

• "Clear sound"
      • Quality

Disadvantages

Quality kit

I've had this amp for 6 years and use it to run Sony separates. The amp produces crisp clear sound and has done from day zero.

The amp was simple to set up and connect with the other stereo components, there are adequate ports and sockets at the back of the amp and if you need more Sony branded adaptors are readily available at a small price.

Controls are simple through the remote and also when using the physical buttons on the front. Right from set up the amp has been easy to use,I have connected further parts to my stereo system since owning the amp and all have been immediately recognised. At no time has the amp malfunctioned or refused to play a format.

Like many Sony stereo products this amp was discontinued in favour of a new model. Its impossible to source brand new but is a model available in second hand music stores.

It works with non Sony equipment so if you're discovering your brand it's a good starter amp that is also suitable for those with a more serious home set up.

The remote control that is supplied with the amp also controls the rest of my separates bit not all functions are available so my preference is to use the individual remote controls.

The amp has a solid build and feels like a quality piece of kit, I expect to have many more years use from it and am sure it won't fail me even after 6 years of ownership.

01.02.2015 00:55

Advantages

Disadvantages

A gentle scent suitable for everyday use, sadly discontinued.

A very light and summery honeysuckle scent with a clean, almost 'soapy' drydown. Quite pleasant. Shame it's been discontinued.

• Andrex Washlets / Baby Care / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      31.01.2015 23:42

Advantages

• "Thick and soft"
      • "Flushable "
      • "Effective "

Disadvantages

• "Scented "

An effective washlet for personal hygiene

I was recommended Andrex Washlets by a friend as way to feel extra fresh during the time of my periods when I was going through a series of heavy ones. they are flushable moist toilet tissues, which are intended to be used alongside regular tissue. I paid one pound for a pack of 42 sheets in Poundland.

These are a bit like a wet wipe for adults and normally I don't think I would have thought to picked them up, as something not really necessary. But I have actually found them both effective and useful. The packet is resealable and keeps the contents perfectly fresh and ready to use. I would have found a small pocket pack useful for carrying with me as the full size was a bit bulky to carry discretely in my smaller handbags, although it is no worse than a pack of wet wipes. The wipes are easy to pull out and re-seal on the plus side. Each one is the size of a couple sheets of regular toilet paper, and comfortably thick and soft. They are quite strong and I feel confident they won't fall apart in use.

The wipes are moist rather than wet but they are damp enough to clean very effectively. They don't feel sticky at all. I didn't realise these were scented and in general I avoid using such products in intimate areas because I feel they may not necessarily be healthy in the long term. I may be wrong about that,and I understand many will feel the light clean scent adds to a feeling of freshness. I like the fact the scent is subtle and not intrusive anyway.

The wipes are biodegradable and flushable but as they feel thick, I worried they would block the loo, even if not having to find somewhere to dispose of used wipes is convenient. Well I have managed to flush one at a time without trouble but on the rare occasion I felt I should use two, I prefered to bag and bin them, just in case. They may biodegrade but I wonder how long that takes.

I have not suffered any irritation from using these, and they are dermatologicaly tested. I have a preference for unscented products so I will look for an alternative but I would recommend these if you don't mind a light scent. They are convenient and an easy way to feel extra clean.

• Pukka Licorice and Cinnamon / Tea / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      31.01.2015 22:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

Power to the world! Spice up your life....

Crikey this was something else, dark, rich and strong with a kick, this tea was well worth trying.

I love aniseed and liquorice products, sick I know, but someone dared to add cinnamon and I just knew it would work. Why had I not thought of it!
      Hailing from the 'TASTE ALIVE' range, this will liven up your taste buds!

When you open the box the first thing that hits you is the scent, it is very powerful and very welcoming.
      The scent is quite balanced which gives you a heads up that the blends will be as well.
      Brewing this lightly first its the liquorice that comes through first but when you drink it and wait a few moments the kick of cinnamon is wonderfully warming and really compliments the flavour of the tea.

This is great for those who are struggling with sore throats especially the liquorice but the cinnamon is great for warning off the lingering cold and building your immune up, and quite possibly clearing that head cold!
      If the cinnamon adds the spice and it sure does, the liquorice balances the whole taste with a lovely sweet taste. I'm not one for sickly sweet teas but this is only a hint and I found that is worked really well.
      I tend to get these around winter time, before and during as it does help colds and flu.
      This is great for anyone who is
      VEGAN
      VEGETARIAN
      SOYA FREE
      DAIRY FREE
      WHEAT FREE
      KOSHER
      GLUTEN FREE
      Samples are available to buy individually on E-Bay if you don't want a whole box.
      Although with some of these herbal teas I tend to brew lightly this I brewed strong and it still was a lovely product not bitter at all or too overpowering.

• Pukka Detox Tea / Tea / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      31.01.2015 22:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

I'm on the fence with this one...

Detoxing can be a boring and a strain on the old taste buds and this I'm afraid was a blend that I found predictable and the same as most detox teas.

I'm back to liking the PUKKA TEAS again after they have rebooted their brand and flavours, they seem to have really turned a corner but I had noticed this has not changed at all. Maybe it was because its one of their classics? I'm not convinced it's the results.

The blend here is:
      ANISEED[ Love this flavour!]
      FENNEL
      CARDAMOM

This is a blend I like apart from the cardamom, the cardamom is part of the ginger family and should help aid burning fat and breakdown fatty acids, it has a potent taste that I find offputting and avoid it in my food, but for the love of detox especially with all those gorgeous Lindt bars, I think no pain no gain but I can't seem to enjoy this.
      I love aniseed and fennel. The fennel helps soothe the process of the breakdown of acid within the stomach and has a lovely soothing taste, I actually found this to be more soothing than detoxing.
      The aniseed is great for aiding digestion, which is why this is best to drink before meals such as lunch and dinner to break down the food better.
      Overall I thought this was good but not the best detox tea I've tried, the results I felt didn't help even drinking it at a stronger strength than recommended I pursue this for a month before going back to green tea, with I did and do see a difference with.
      For those who struggle with green tea this might be good for you. x

31.01.2015 22:09

Advantages

• "Lasts well"
      • "Nice lid on bottle"
      • "Nice scent"

Disadvantages

Another 5 star man's scent from Hugo Boss!

We have now come to the end of my reviews of my boyfriend's fragrance collection, as while there are a few I haven't reviewed they are not in dooyoo's catalogue. So perhaps I will do some more at a later date,

Having reviewed the Hugo Boss fragrance called "Boss" I am not reviewing the one called "Hugo" (also very imaginatively named".

This comes in a plain looking bottle with a red label on it, and quite a special lid with a little strap on it. It reminds me a bit of a hip flask. Unscrew the lid and there is a nozzle to dispense the fragrance. We have the 100ml bottle which retails at £40.25 on Amazon which is a reasonable price.

This is another quite masculine fragrance - they also do a version for women if you want to have matching fragrances. However, although I love the smell of Hugo Boss fragrances on men I will stick to my own brands of perfume for now.

This is described on Amazon as 'a blend of fig-enhanced zesty citrus, mandarin, lemon, orange and grapefruit' and 'Naturally warmed with notes of massoia wood producing this subtle scent'. It's funny how all these descriptions of fragrances seem to roll into one. At the end of the day it's very difficult to describe a smell, and many of these fragrances seem to be very similar with their inclusion of citrus fruits and woods.

This is a good everyday aftershave for a man, and the smell lasts well.

5 out of 5 stars from me.

31.01.2015 22:02

Advantages

• fast
      • convenient
      • "good colour pay off"

Disadvantages

• "small amount of product"

Amazing eyeliner. I love it

Avon Always On Point Eyeliner

I purchased this in black. I wear eyeliner every day on my upper lash line, and sometimes when I am in a rush, I don't have the patience or the steady hand for a liquid liner or even a gel eye liner. This eye liner is perfect for those days. I keep one in my gym bag as it is the most convenient eye liner I have found to date to get a winger eye liner look. And if you get a little big shaky, and make a mess, because this is a creamy retractable pencil, it can be smudged out with a brush or your fingers for either a smokey eye liner look, or a soft and subtle eye liner look.

The colour pay off is also amazing. This is a pretty dark black, and I don't ever have to go over it to make it darker. The colour normally lasts all day. This eye liner is not waterproof though, so I don't use this in my water line or as a tight line. And sometimes when I do get watery eyes, my wings on the liner can fade a bit. But for me that's not a massive deal breaker for me, as because this liner is perfect for touch ups too when you are out and about. There is no need for a sharpener - winner!! I know I hate having to find a sharpener.

This eyeliner is by far my most used product at the moment. My only issue with this is that it doesn't contain a lot of product compared to other eye liner pencils, so for me it only lasts a few weeks. For that reason, I wouldn't ever pay full price for this... But then Avon always have promotions, so it's pretty hard to ever pay for something at full price.

I would highly recommend this eyeliner to everyone. Especially those who would like to make their make up routine that little bit faster.

• Pukka Relax / Tea / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      31.01.2015 21:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

Marshmellow tea anyone?

I saw the word Marshmellow and thought' What with tea?' in the basket it went, love strange combinations!

This is a blend from PUKKA TEAS range of 'FEEL ALIVE' combining
      CHAMOMILE
      MARSHMELLOW ROOT
      FENNEL

To create a tea to curl up and relax with and I must say I was very surprised at how relaxing the scent and tea was overall.
      This is not strictly speaking Marshmellow tea, but this is the root of the herb of the plant called Marshmellow it is not sweet or used in sweets but for remedies such as sore throats, which I found to be true as I was recommend this by an assistant when asked for something for my sore throat, I really want to stay away from pills and this was great. For sore throats, liquorice is still my favourite but this is much more soothing and enjoyable to drink.
      Blended with Chamomile, which already had my trust I found this three blended together was delightful to drink, not too strong or sweet and the fennel was a bit of a lift in the blend with a sweet taste at the end that left a lovely hint of the tea at the back of your throat.

These teas are great for anyone that may need tea to be:
      VEGAN
      DAIRY FREE
      VEGETARIAN
      WHEAT FREE
      GLUTEN FREE
      KOSHER
      NUT FREE

The benefits are best when drunk on a regular basis. If you are bored of plain Chamomile I highly recommend a switch to this blend.

31.01.2015 21:55

Advantages

• "Nice scent"
      • "Good value"

A 5 star scent for men!

My boyfriend has several Hugo Boss fragrances in his extensive collection which lives on the top of our bathroom cabinet. This one is imaginatively called 'Boss'. We have the 50ml bottle. A 100ml bottle costs £36.39 on Amazon (a 50ml bottle like ours is £23.27), so it is a pretty good price for a decent fragrance.

The bottle is a simple glass bottle with the word boss on the side raised up. The lid is a matt silver colour. Unscrew it and there is a nozzle to apply the fragrance with.

This is a very masculine scent, so not one which I'll be borrowing from my boyfriend. This is one which can be worn at any time of day, or at any time of the year.

According to Amazon "The fragrance contains fresh top notes include both apple and citrus fruits. In the heart of the fragrance lie the sweeter and warmer notes of geranium, cinnamon and cloves. At the smouldering base lie the notes of dry spicy scents of sandalwood, vetiver, cedarwood, olivewood, amber and musk create a distinctly masculine dry down. Be yourself, yet aspire to be a Boss man." - Somewhere else I've seen it described as oriental. Personally I think most of these descriptions are a load of tawddle. It's a nice fresh scent, and is clearly a very popular one. It's probably best for people to try fragrances before they buy them anyway to see if it suits them. This is one that I think suits my boyfriend, and the fragrance lasts well.

5 out of 5 stars from me.

31.01.2015 21:41

Advantages

• "Works Quickly"
      • Reydrates

Disadvantages

• "Own brands are cheaper. "

Quickly Rehydrates - Including Those with Tummy Bug or Hangover

DEHYDRATION

The body is made up mostly of water, over two-thirds, and if we lose a lot of it, we can quickly become ill, as it upsets the balance of salts and sugars in us.

This in turn affects the way that the body works, causing some nasty symptoms, like dizziness, headache, and digestive problems.

REASONS FOR DEHYDRATION

The causes of dehydration include:-

A tummy bug,
      Hot weather,
      Extreme exercise,
      Poor diet, or
      Too much alcohol.

The young, old and those with long-term illnesses, like diabetes, are most at risk.

TREATMENT

I have found that the easiest way to treat the early stages of dehydration, to prevent it from becoming severe, is to take rehydration salts, like Dioralyte.

The Blackcurrent flavour is the most pleasant in my opinion.

The Dioralyte schachet contains a powder which should be mixed with water. If the whole 200 ml is unlikely to be drunk within the hour, store the rest in the fridge for up to 24 hours.

It is best to drink the whole dose as soon as possible, but if feeling sick try to drink small sips to help keep it down.

Each sachet contains Sodium Chloride 0.47g, Potassium Chloride 0.30g, Glucose 3.56g, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate 0.53g, Silicon Dioxide, Saccharin Sodium, Blackcurrant Flavour.

OWN BRAND

There are a lot of own brand similar alternatives to Dioralyte, which are cheaper but just as good, including those sold in supermarkets, Superdrug and Boots.

Full price for Dioralyte seems to be about £3.80, but you save a lot buying it either on special offer, or opting for own brands which can be half that price.

For example Superdrug are selling their Blackcurrant Flavour Rehydration Treatment for £2.85 but they are also on Buy 1 Get One Half Price offer.

RECOMMENDATION

This is a great treatment for replacing lost fluid and body salts, associated with de-hydration.

However, look for own brands of Rehydration Treatment and you could feel just as well, without spending as much.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown