• Easyprint.co.uk / Online Shopping Misc / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.08.2014 00:38

Advantages

• Quality
      • Price

5 Stars print Services - Excellent

Excelente Serviço de impressão. Entrega rápida e Segura. RECOMENDO.

A entrega é rapida e muito eficaz. foi entregue no tempo indicado.

O preço é imbativel, simplesmente o melhor.

Segurança no pagamento.

Muitas Opções por onde Escolher.

Excellent Print Service. Quick and safe delivery. Recommended.

28.08.2014 23:26

Advantages

• "some fair trade ingredients"
      • "not tested on animals"
      • "no alluminium"
      • "smells pleasant"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't really work on me"

Chilled and Breezy scent but ineffective as a deodorant

These usually sell for £2.50. There are three different scents to chose from; ‘Cool and Zesty’ which comes with a lime green lid, ‘Chilled and Breezy’ with a blue lid and finally, ‘Fresh and Floral’ with a pink one. Each of the scent options comes either in a roll on or a stick option and my choice was the roll on. The roll ons also have the option to buy refills which are 50p cheaper than the full roll on kit .

This ‘ Chilled and Breezy’ The smell of this deodorant is quite pleasant, kind of sea beeze, cotton fresh or clean linen kind of scent. I found it pleasant enough but not wonderful. The ingredients state that this has volcanic minerals and essential oils. I think this has a hint of rosemary but nothing much else really stands out. The scent is subtler that the ‘Cool and Zesty’ one and I also found this less effective as a deodorant as well.

This deodorant contains has aloe vera from Guatamala and alcohol from Ecuador both countries being part of the Community trade projects. The aloe vera and sugar cane needed to make the alcohol are both grown on farms using organic production processes. The Body Shop’s trade with these Community Trade farmers ensures that they receive a regular and fair income.

It smells quite pleasant but I find that as a deodorant it is less effective that the other one I tried. It would certainly require a re application during the day to keep my arm pits smelling fresh. I was rather disappointed with this one and would not buy it again.

On the plus side there were no stains or marks on my clothes under my armpits . Also a positive is the fact that I was able to use this deodorant straight after shaving my armpits and it didn’t sting at all . Another positive is that I had no reaction or allergy from using it either.

This is a deodorant not an anti perspirant but I did expect it to keep me from having smelly armpits.

The difference between a deodorant and an anti-perspirant is that a deodorant will help mask or kill odours caused by perspiration whereas, anti-perspirants control or stop perspiration by using ingredients such as aluminium salts.

This product is a deodorant but not the best I have used as I found it was not that effective and I have found other better products that I will buy in future.

Thanks for reading. This review may be on other sites under my same user name.
      ©Catsholiday

28.08.2014 22:43

Advantages

• "Not tested on animals"
      • "lots of lovely natural oils"
      • "Not greasy"
      • "feels light on skin"
      • "Reasonable price"

Disadvantages

• "Some less great ingredients"
      • "Body Shop owned by L'Oreal"

Cheaper than premium brands yet does as good a job

I was actually quite impressed with the price of this for a serum. For the small 28 ml bottle you pay around £12 which is a lot less than many serums around. However if it is cheap does it work as well? It is always hard to judge these things as it is a bit subjective. The lines are realistically NOT going to disappear now, they are here to stay and will inevitable get worse as I get older but what I am hoping for is to delay the inevitable.

Unfortunately when I was younger and living in Australia I probably didn’t look after my skin as well as I should have so I am desperately making up for it now.
      This is a clear slightly gel like serum which smell lovely sweet and fresh. It goes on so easily and is very quickly sucked into my skin leaving it feeling slightly tighter, firm and not at all greasy or oily, quite matt in fact.

I was quite surprised at how matt the effect was considering this is a Vitamin E serum with oil but the oils in it must be very light and quickly absorbed. The oils in this serum are wheat germ oil, Sunflower and Jojoba oils and it also contains Marula, Sesame and Soya oils from Community Fair Trade farmers . So lots of lovely oils to feed your skin and keep it healthy.

I just dipped my fingers in my pot then gentle massaged it over my face.

There are lots of lovely good ingredients in this but I fear there are others which are not so great. I am not going to list all the ingredients but some do cause me concern and they are mainly the fragrance ingredients. Now although I said I liked the smell of this I would prefer it smelled of natural ingredients rather than non natural ones. To be truthful I would prefer no scent if it meant no artificial ingredients. Now some artificial ingredients are harmless but some are questionable.

I rather went off Body shop when they sold out to L’oreal and I know that they do sometimes test on animals. They cannot do this in Europe but they have recently bought a Chinese beauty company and in China the government requires such trials for every new beauty product.

The Body Shop products cannot be sold in China as they do still stand by the non animal testing ethic but it is a bit tricky when they are owned by L’Oreal to separate the two in my mind.

I will leave the ethics question up to you to research further but as a product I would recommend this.

It is good value compared to some of the premium brands and having tried them both I would choose this one over the Clinique one any day. They seem to do about the same to my skin and this is far cheaper and actually feels nicer and smells pleasant too.

28.08.2014 22:25

Advantages

• "Lasts me for 12 months."
      • "Keeps my skin well hydrated."
      • "Leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft."
      • Non-oily.

Disadvantages

• Pricey.

One drink and my skin feels happier......

Product: Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief

Size: 50ml

Price: £34.00

From: Debenhams

Around two years ago, approximately a year before my wedding I decided to get my skincare routine together to ensure that my skin looked in tip top condition for my big day. I decided to go with the brand Clinique as I had tried their products before and they seemed to suit my skin well.

The lovely lady at the Clinique counter in Debenhams helped me choose out various products which were best suited to my skin type. One of those products was the Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief for dry skin, a little bit pricey at £34.00 for 50ml but a little really does go a long way.

The moisturiser is packaged in a lovely clear silver lid pot with the instantly recognisable Clinque logo and lettering embedded on the front of the pot.

The moisturiser is different to any other moisturiser I’ve used, it as a gel like consistency to the cream and glides onto my skin beautifully. I normally use a pea sized amount of product and distribute it evenly on my face and neck and gently rub the moisturiser into my skin in circular motions.

The moisturiser quickly sinks into my skin and leaves it looking radiant and feeling so smooth and soft. The thing I love best about this is that it doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily after use which is a huge plus point for me.

This is great for my dry skin, it keeps it well hydrated, it feels light and leaves my skin looking a lot better after use.

You can even use the moisturiser over make-up but I prefer to use this on a clean and bare face.

A pot of this lasts me 12 months which works out at just a couple of pounds per month.

Dooyoo Star Rating: 5/5

28.08.2014 21:28

Advantages

• "lightweight "
      • "fine grip"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• none

more power to the people .... or at least the DIYer

It looks like your standard cordless drill, being about 250mm long, 65mm wide and about 230mm in height, weighing in at no more than 3kg.
      It has a soft grip handle, meaning you can hold it for longer periods without blisters of your palm.
      The drill bit housing is right at the front and has what in the trade is called a key-less chuck, with this one being rather easier to handle than most key-less chuck units, if I'm honest, as I can tighten of loosen the chuck with one hand, allowing the clutch of the drill to lock in place so that the back section of the chuck does not spin around as I turn the front section of it.
      Just behind the chuck there is the torque setting which are changed by simply turning the thick black ring and selecting the number that you feel gives the right torque for the job in hand.
      Right on the top you'll see a black switch that can be slid forward or backwards. This is the gear shift slider that, when slid forwards gives you the higher gear, with pulling it back giving you the lower gears. This makes it a lot easier to drill through more things that may be more dense. Right on the top there is the gear select slider, from first gear to second gear, normal to hammer.
      There is a little light just above the trigger that shines on the area you're drilling/screwing. Then there's the reverse/forward slide button which is just up on the handle.
      On the bottom there is the battery housing, which the battery is slid and locked into place.

The specs....
      The battery is a 1.3Ah, 18volt lithium Ion battery for longer use between charges. It has 11 torque setting using a two gear system with a double sleeve key-less 10mm chuck
      It has a 3 hour charge from flat to fully charged and as the battery is Lithium Ion it holds its charge for longer in between uses.
      And it all comes in a plastic case to keep all the bits and bobs in.

It's easy to use, easy to change bits, nice and light and has the stamina of a greyhound whilst giving you the power of a steroid addict in the gym...and there's a nice little strap near the battery that helps you keep it on you if you lose grip of the handle

It cost about £80, give or take, and is money well spent for the power and the fact that the battery is a Li-Ion and will outlast many other batteries for stamina.

28.08.2014 21:21

Advantages

• "Love Colour"

Disadvantages

Beautiful Rose Gold Watch

I received this watch as a Christmas Present in 2013 and loved it. Really feel like the rose gold colour is beautiful for womens watches and am so glad i got that colour. I wear this watch everyday and looks great with everthing I wear, whether im going to work or out for the evening.
      As soon as i got the watch i took it too get adjusted as originally too big, and after removing two links.
      The only problem with the watch is that between the links its slightly discolored ans the bottom links have got small scratches (which are only noticeable when looking for them). However I think this is my own fault due to wearing everyday - and if your looking for a watch for special occasions this would be perfect. Although I have worn it everyday I don't regret this and should expect some wear as Im really getting the use out off it.
      Really recommend the watch to anyone clumsy like me! After always knocking and catching my wrist everyday ive not gotten any scratches on the watch face and any big scratches on the strap. The face is really strong and scratch free which I think is very important when it comes to watches! Also after clumsly jumping in a pool on holiday I was VERY relieved to discover its waterproof and was still fully functionable.

Would definatley recommend this beautiful rose gold watch to anyone looking to buy a gift for anyone, or just to treating themselves!

• checkmyfile.com / Internet Site / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      28.08.2014 21:01

Advantages

• " detailed"
      • " helpful"
      • " friendly"
      • " ease of use"
      • price

Disadvantages

Happily use this company over the other companies about and i have used them all

Great price really useful, helpful and easy to use. They have helped me resolve and issue with my bank putting credit footprints on they shouldnt have and managed to get my electoral information updated after months of trying. I would recommend this site and would happily use them in the future.

28.08.2014 21:00

Advantages

• "Beautiful Bottle"
      • "Lovely Smell"

Disadvantages

• "Big Cost"

Great Bottle, Great Fragrence

Really do recommend this perfume if your looking for a light but beautiful smelling fragrance. I often find the problem with perfumes is that the can be slightly overpowering, however this Marc Jacobs perfume is just the perfect strength. The fragrance is a light floral scent, which can be used on a daily basis or for special outings.
      Really think Marc Jacobs provides some of the nicest packaging for perfumes, and this Daisy oh Fresh doesn't disappoint!!
      The only disadvantage to the Daisy Eau So Fresh is the costly price. However I believe its worth it and can be a great product to buy when you fancy treating yourself!!
      Ive had this perfume for a couple of months so far and it really does last. Even though I haven't used it daily I have used it quite regularly and feel like theres still plenty left in the bottle. I tend to worry when it comes to buying perfumes about how long they will last, especially when they are a bit more expensive!! But im sure this bottle will last me a while longer yet.
      I usually wear this perfume on a regular day, so tend to apply whilst getting ready in my morning routine. And I tend to pop the perfume in my bag for a top up throughout the day, because although I feel like its long lasting I can sometimes feel like I need a bit extra throughout the day.
      But overall would definitely recommend this perfume! I absolutely love the bottle and the fragrance equally, which is enough for me to buy again!

• Being - Kevin Brooks / Junior Book / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.08.2014 19:58

Advantages

• "Truly Outstanding Writing"

Disadvantages

• none

Simply Outstanding Writing Yet Again From Kevin Brooks...

I bought this book after reading several others by Kevin Brooks such as Kissing the rain, Martyn Pig, Lucas, Black Rabbit Summer and Candy. After reading those, I just couldn't stop reading more of Kevin Brooks.
      The price is very reasonable if i do say so at around £4.00 when i bought it from amazon.co.uk but i believe that now you may find it at even better value.

This book honestly does take you on a truly high speed adventure and really makes you think about what is happening. It also Lures you into the action right from the very first page and withing the first chapter tension has already been built and you are left very excited to turn to the next page.

Without giving too much of the book away, the story follows a boy named Robert who has gone into hospital needing an operation on his stomach after an x-ray that left doctors confused. Whilst the operation is taking place, Robert begins to wake up hearing voices that worry him about what it is that is inside of him. After some dramatic action in the surgery room Robert breaks free and reunites with an old friend who helps him to stay undercover and helps him escape the country. But how does Robert manage in Spain with a group of men in suits after him?
      Well you'll have to buy the book won't you!
      I certainly recommend that you do and can guaranty that if you love and bit of mysterious action then you will adore this book as much as i do.

• Entangled - Cat Clarke / Junior Book / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.08.2014 19:35

Advantages

• "Written by a fantastic author."
      • "Well worth the price."
      • "Brilliant read and takes you on a rolacoaster ride of emotion"

Disadvantages

• "May be a little heavy for some."

One on the best reads available. A beautiful story!

I bought this book from Ebay.co.uk for around £4.00 and goodness it was so worth it. I bought if after reading two other of Cat Clarke's books (Torn and Undone, the books written after Entangled) as I enjoyed them so much. i was also very attracted to the blurb as this book sound just like something I would normally read.

Entangled ~Cat Clarke~ is by far on of my all time Favorite reads. from the very beginning of the book you are taken by Grace (Main character) and lured into her dramatic life story after she wakes up in a white room with only pens and paper.

The way the book is written makes the reader able to feel as though they are a part of the story and really make you engage with Grace's life and the twisted events she has been through. Also Cat Clarke has made every aspect of the story incredible deep and she really makes you feel sorry for Grace.

There is nothing i could really say about this book that would do it justice because it's just so brilliant! But i will say that you must read this book, and if you haven't? Well you're truly missing out.

I would 100% recommend Entangled to anyone perhaps over the age of 14? As some of the subjects covered in Grace's life are quite delicate and deep.

All in all, an amazing read and well worth the money. Also gets you hooked from the start which is always good when reading!

5* read

28.08.2014 18:42

Advantages

• simple

Disadvantages

• none

Simple and light

I'm a bit of a beauty junkie and am a sucker for their marketing and so have a big selection of different lotions and potions although I belive each has its certain time and use and can achieve different things for me. For example, I like to use oil on my face and hair at night time but will use a thicker cream also for overnight and then a lighter cream during the day.

One of my favourite light face creams is this hydrating light moisturiser from Simple. I love Simple beauty products because, as the name suggests, they are simple, with no colours or no fragrances so they are very kind to your skin, especially the delicate skin on your face which is why I like this moisturiser so much.

Simple say, "When your skin's happy and fresh faced, you feel healthier and happier too!

Our Hydrating Light Moisturiser is a perfect blend of ingredients to help keep your skin replenished and hydrated. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

I love this lotion because it really is nice and light and not heavy and thick like a night cream. Although thick creams definitely have their place in my beauty routine, I like using this moisturiser in the morning because it leaves my face feeling moisturised but light enough to be able to apply my make up without my face feeling heavy, weighed down or clogged.

The cream is clean and white and I only need a couple of dabs to cover my whole face and leave it feeling nice and even. Almost as soon as I've applied it I can't feel it on my face which is lovely. Simple day that this cream contains vitamin goodness for naturally healthy skin. There are 2 vital vitamins and 2 skin loving ingredients and by looking at the list of ingredients I can see things like Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Glycerin and Borage Seed Oil, helps to moisturise and soften the skin.

All in all a great light moisturiser.

• The Garden of Words / DVD / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.08.2014 18:30

Advantages

• "make we even think about our life"
      • "the story was make us spechless"
      • "the graphic was awesome"

Disadvantages

• "the ending no categorized as good ending"

this movie was awesome, Makoto Shinkai was too good

Genre : Drama, Romance, Slice of life
      Company: CoMix Wave Inc.
      Format: Movie
      Duration: 46 Minutes
      Dates: May 31, 2013

The Anime Movie director Makoto shinkai again release masterpiece anime movie with the title Kotonoha no Niwa in Japan or Garden of words in English. After success with the previous heart-warming and emotional movie titled 5 centimeter per second, this movie was also really emotionally in the story.

Story : The two protagonist of this movie are Akizuki Takao and Yukino Yukari. They both first meeting was in the rainy morning in a beautiful park. Yukari will help Takao to reach his dream to become professional shoe maker. Yukari even buy expensive shoe making tutorial book for Takao she also ask him to measure her feet. After understanding Yukari more, Takao decided to support Yukari's life by always accompany her in her depression.
      As a teacher Yukari often bullied by third year girls student in her school, as the result of their bullied, yukari has to leave her school.
      Takao and Yukari develop their feeling under the small hut in the park, as the rain falling down, their feeling were blooming slowly like the cheery blossom.

Graphic/Animation : Every movie produced by Makoto Shinkai has nice animation details, even the small part in the movie was designed carefully to produce masterpiece anime movie.

My opnion about this movie overall was very nice movie, because like the previous Shinkai movie, he successfully draw us to enter their world and story, this is the heart-warming movie, that will make you a little speechless after watching this movie

28.08.2014 18:10

Advantages

• " smooths the skin"
      • " absorbs instantly"
      • "Smells great"

An amazing firming lotion

What is it?
      This is a non-greasy gel-cream by Garnier that is designed to help firm and moisturise the skin. The product is enriched with caffeine and contains a unique blend of fruit essences (grapefruit, kiwi, apple), which are known for their smoothing properties.

Price and availability
      This is widely available and comes in both 250ml and 400ml bottles. In Superdrug at the moment, the smaller bottle costs gbp4.15 but the larger bottle is currently on offer at half price at gbp3.49 - so it's cheaper to buy more! Meanwhile the larger size bottle is a third off in Boots so comes in at gbp4.66. At full price the 400ml bottle is gbp6.99 in both stores.

Using the product

This lotion comes in a bright yellow bottle that's very eye-catching and quite summery looking. The lotion itself has quite a thin texture and is a pure white.
      There are two things I like straight away about this product! Firstly, the fragrance. You can get a hint of this as soon as you first dispense the lotion - it has a really fresh citrusy scent that I really like. It isn't sickly sweet or over-powering at all; instead is has a lovely zingy scent that I find perfect for first thing in the morning.

The second thing I like about this lotion is that it sinks into the skin instantly. I really dislike creams and lotions that take ages to rub in, and this one disappears instantly which is perfect for me.

After use
      And it's more positives from me! After applying this lotion, my skin instantly feels smooth, and despite the gel-cream formula of this product it doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky at all. It absorbs instantly leaving behind nothing but really soft skin and that nice fresh scent.

Does it work?
      I am completely cynical about products that claim to firm or tone or make you look thinner and younger, and so on ... but amazingly I do think this product works. After the first use my skin feels really smooth, and if I use this every day I find it really does improve the appearance of my skin. It isn't going to get rid of any cellulite or make you appear thinner ... but! It definitely makes my skin look a bit more toned and it really feels silky smooth with repeated use.

Overall
      I have bought this product many times now and I keep going back to it as I do think it is a fantastic lotion. It smells lovely, really moisturises the skin and it does make my skin feel much smoother.I have taken this product on holiday with me before as it's perfect for warm climates as it feels refreshing when you apply it and it has such a nice, light and fruity fragrance.

Overall I highly recommend it - especially if you can get it for half price!

28.08.2014 17:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nourished nails with no chipping or splitting

I use nail polishes quite a lot and everyone says to me they don’t know how I have the time to keep painting my nails. I’m good at doing it by candlelight too and can manage to apply it without smudging, even whilst watching TV.

I used to use Tesco’s own brand of nail polish remover but I was finding that it was really drying out my nails and causing them to split and break. My nails felt like they were becoming more and more brittle and I mentioned this to my friend at work and it was she who suggested that I try The Cutex range, and in particular, she suggested either the Nourishing one or the Moisture Guard as they are both designed to prevent both the chipping and the splitting as it adds moisture and nourishment to your nails whilst it removes the old polish.

These nail varnishes from Cutex come in different formats, depending on what your nail “issue” happens to be. This 200ml sized bottle cost me £1.69 from Sainsbury’s and the first thing I noticed about it was that it certainly does NOT smell as strong as the Tesco one I had been using before.

I use it the same as I do any other varnish remover by soaking a small amount onto a cotton wool pad. This nail varnish remover is great because it aids the polish I coming off straight away so I don’t have to keep rubbing at the nail, an what’s more, it doesn't make the varnish spread out across the skin, as some cheaper removers can do.

My nails have been slightly better since I have started to use this and I have noticed that I am experiencing less chipping and splitting, so as far as I am concerned it’s worth paying the extra for. Plus my husband doesn't complain about the smell any more, so that’s another added bonus.

28.08.2014 17:01

Advantages

• "Not too thick"
      • "Absorbs well"
      • "Smells nice"
      • Moisturising

Brilliant Balm

For the last couple of years, my favourite lip balm has been Nivea Hydro Care. I’ve liked Nivea lipbalms for years, but had tended to stick to the more “standard” looking varieties until one day I couldn’t find my preferred variety in Boots, so I decided I’d give Hydro Care a go.

Nivea Hydro Care lip balm comes in a twist up tube like the various other Nivea lip balms. The stick of balm is white in colour. The blurb on the front of the pack states that it offers “long lasting intensive moisture” and contains “pure water and aloe vera”. It is also SPF 15, which is an added benefit.

Applying the lip balm is very easy - simply smooth the stick over your lips. I find that a single application is adequate, just once over each lip - I never feel the need to go over my lips more than once per application. The lip balm has one of those standard lip salve fragrances which I can’t name - it’s similar to any original fragrances lip balm/salve, and bears a resemblance to Nivea Soft moisturising cream.

I find that the Hydro Care lip balm has just the right consistency - it’s thick enough that I only need to smooth it over my lips once, but it’s not so thick that it feels too much. It’s not sticky or very greasy, and it absorbs into my lips reasonably quickly.

I use Hydro Care probably once in an average day to keep my lips soft, and it is very good for that. I don’t feel the need to reapply, as it stays on my lips for a while even if I’m chain drinking tea, and it has a long lasting moisturising effect.

Of course, there are times when my lips get a bit dry or chapped - usually in winter, but sometimes in hot weather or during bad bouts of hayfever. Then I tend to use lip balm a bit more than usual. If my lips are dry, the Hydro Care lip balm sorts them out within one or two applications. If they are properly chapped, it can take a bit longer for them to heal, but that can be hindered by me biting my lips.

Overall, this is one of the best lip balms I’ve ever used, and I fully intend to keep buying it.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown