• Thundershirt Large / Dog Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.10.2014 13:50

Advantages

• "Easy to put on and out"
      • "Feels comfortable"
      • "It's soft and easy to wash"

Disadvantages

• "He looks sad sometimes"

Thundershirt Large- It may really work for you

My dog is the breed that he is, they have a very common characteristic, they are not afraid of nothing, I mean it! He is not scared of thunderstorms, loud bangs, lighting, firecrackers, guns firing next to him, etc. it's even funny to watch him not care.

A different story is with my girlfriends Golden, any loud noise or big flash makes him act suspicious. during thunderstorms and firecrackers, he shakes a lot and goes under furniture and the bed, and does not come out until the next day.

The product

Thundershirt Dog Anxiety Solution is a Anxiety, fear, stress, and over-excitement are surprisingly common problems for millions of dogs all over the world. The Thundershirt wrap works by applying constant, gentle pressure to the animal’s torso. This has a significant calming effect for most dogs.The Thundershirt is designed to address common problems including fear of thunder and fireworks, separation anxiety and generalized anxiety, problem barking and jumping, travel stress, and more.

The Thundershirt is simple to put on and take off and is fully adjustable to fit dogs of most shapes and sizes. It’s easy to create a snug, comfortable fit which is the key to treating stress and anxiety. They are made of attractive, durable fabric that resists collecting hair and is machine washable.

My personal Opinion

Despite the crazy fear my girlfriend's dog has for storm or any loud noise, a stable dog will not fear anything he shouldn't naturally fear, as as soon as I came along, I am very good with dogs and with constant work and dedication, the pouch was over his fear in about 1 month. He used to shake like crazy when a window bang because of the wind.

We did try the vest on him during thunderstorms, he continued to shake for a bit, but did not hide and eventually relaxed, but he looked so sad like his spirit was broken and was really embarrassed. After much work he was over the loud noise problem, but he would hate the car and always puke even in a 15 minutes drive to a vet. So I tried this on him while in the car, it really worked, he relaxed and did not puke at all, now every time we go somewhere I put this on him and no problem, it is comfortable and he does not mind it one bit.

25.10.2014 13:32

Advantages

• "Easy to get to central London"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Not overly attractive"

Cheap and cheerful with all the amenities, though perhaps best as a stop gap.

I moved to Lewisham a few years back and stayed for just over two years. The most obvious benefit of living there is the cost. Given the ridiculous rate at which rental prices in London have escalated over the last few years, to find somewhere affordable in zone 2 is really quite a fit, and Lewisham very much fits the bill. Not only this, but the reasonable cost of things extends to most of the local services, so when it comes to getting a haircut, doing some dry cleaning or picking up a takeaway, you'll find it compares very favorably to other London boroughs.

The next key benefit is the transport links. With a DLR service that takes you straight to Bank via Canary Wharf, or on to Stratford, and an over ground route that gets you to London Bridge or Waterloo in less than 20 minutes, you can get to most places without too much trouble.

Key feature number three is the green space. Although Lewisham itself isn't necessary renowned for any great parks, a 10 minute stroll takes you to Blackheath, where you have all the green space you could want - not least because it backs onto the even bigger Greenwich park!

On the negative, Lewisham is not the most attractive of places. Dull grey streets populated with litter from all of the various fast food chains doesn't make the most scenic back drop. In addition, the shops could certainly do with some more variety. Lee High road is a particularly good example, where ninety percent of the stores are either late night hair dressers or takeaways. Pub-wise, you'll struggle to find anywhere very nice without venturing to Greenwich or New Cross, with the Dirty South typical of the local fare.

25.10.2014 13:29

Advantages

• "It's actually funny"
      • "Works unbelievably well"

Disadvantages

Almost Human SuperDog UltimateNutrition- It works so well it's funny!

I don't know if you know this about me, but I am an amateur bodybuilder, and an ex- kickboxing and MMA fighter, I work out a lot and I love it. Now I own a Pit Bull Terrier. I know what you are thinking, the typical tough guy with a tough looking dog, to scare people and look tougher.

Believe me if you think this, you are so wrong you cannot imagine. a few years back I did this campaign against dog fighting, I've had a lot of experience with dogs, loved them and since I was little I owned 2 Dobermans, 1 schnauzer, 1 German Shepard and of course the 2 dogs my girlfriend has and the some puppies I raised since birth.

So of course I am quite natural with dogs beside me, but I was not aware of the situation these dogs are in, they were horribly mutilated, burned beaten, etc..
      It was really hard to watch them, they looked scarred and tough and when you approached them they would shake that tail and lick you like no other. I was struck with love, something that was treated with such cruelty can love you that much is incredible.

After a year or so, after researching the breed very well I bought a Pit bull puppy to show people how playful and loving they really are in the proper hands, IF YOU ARE A MAN, GET IN THE RING YOURSELF DO NOT FORCE ANIMALS TO DO IT FOR YOU!

The product

This is the first ever True Food multi-nutrient supplement for dogs, designed and recommended for all dogs, whether they’re fed on raw or processed food. SuperDog Ultimate Nutrition provides a total of 45 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and not less than 5mg Beta Glucans per gram of tablet. Beta Glucans support white cell production and immunity.

It basically a suplement for dogs.

My opinion

As a very sporty guy, I take dietary supplements once in a while, my vet told me about this for my dog. I bought it and put it with a spoon into his food. He loves the taste and eats it right up, and since I started giving it to him, he is so active and playful and feels so good it's even funny. it is not a must to have a happy healthy dog, but is really good for him and I really recommend it to you! Especially for older dogs that needs it.

• Beaphar Clicker Dog Trainer / Dog Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.10.2014 13:11

Advantages

• Reliable
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "You have to know what you are doing"

Beaphar Clicker Dog Trainer-Buy it and use it, anyone can do it!

I train my own dogs, always did it because no matter the time I have, I always have time for him, I consider him one of the most important parts of my life and although sometimes he frustrates me, I love him unconditionally because he is my best friend and I just return the feelings he offers me.

I don't really do old school military school training, I do not think you should make a soldier from your dog and never trained mine to attack be aggressive or even all commands in existence, I just r train them to sit, stay by my side , come on command and listen to my desires even when he is stubborn.

Product

I don't know if you used a clicker before, it's a little device you push and makes a click, that's it. This one has a whistle included, which of course is always helpful. Other than that there is not more to say about it, it's cheap and reliable and I certainly recommend it.

Method

For the unfamiliar,Karen Pryor is largely credited with spurring on the clicker training wave for household pets, especially dogs. Pryor, a respected scientist and researcher, began with a career in marine mammal biology and behavior. As she trained dolphins with clickers, she observed that the positive reinforcement principles behind this method of training would work brilliantly with dogs, cats, and other household animals.

Basically, when your dog does what you want him to do, you click and reward right away. After a while you can do whatever you want, including hands sign and only clicking to make him listen, he will associate it with command-reward.

My personal opinion

A few years back, This method was relatively unknown and was treated to speculation. now we know it works, believe me this is easy and you can learn from the internet how to do it.It is about timing and it's not that hard. At first we started clicker training with all commands (sit, shake, etc.). Once he had picked up everything, we started using the clicker only for “come”–mostly because our house backs up etc., and we wanted there to be a sure-fire way for him to come back if he spotted something he wanted to go after.

So now we only take the clicker when we go into the backyard. I think using the clicker every day for the dog’s whole life for every command is a bit silly. It was really easy to train my girlfriends golden, you can really teach an old dog new tricks, but I Pitt bull, Jesus!
      I started with him when he was a puppy and even brought the Golden along to help, he just wanted to play, he is so stubborn it's unbelievable. eventually I made him listen, if I can you can, especially with a non-Terrier breed is really easy.

25.10.2014 12:52

Advantages

• "Good for student and general reader"
      • "Loads of grear chapters"
      • "Good for visual learning"
      • "Clear type face"

Disadvantages

• "None I can see"

Good study guide

The first and perhaps most important thing is that before buying for this study guide check that it is the one needed. This guide is for for the OCR exam board, while other boards may have similar questions, they may not be the same.

Like all the CGP Course books I have been impressed with the quality and number of colour pictures used, These really do bring alive the subject. The books starts with a excellent study of how to conduct experiments and the reporting, with developing and reporting the theories. As an Industrial Chemist by trade too many study guides jump in with facts but do not explain the process of experimenation. The CGP books correct this.

Each chapter, starts with the learning objectives, following onto explanations and tips. After which there are many of examples. I found the "tips" in yellow highlighted boxes to be very interesting and helpful in understanding the contents of the chapter. The are many "tips" spaced through this book.

For me the most helpful chapter was towards the back when Ecosystems were explained. Another good section was on human behaviour - which of course we see everyday all around, but it is so good to understand a little of hy we humans act in the way we do.

After all the study chapters there is a section packed full of practice questions. Also helpful to assess learning and give confidence are the exam-style questions, again come with full answers and marks scheme,

Right at the end there are a few pages on helping with the actual exam. The full glossary is extensive and helps the reader to find their way round the guide.

An easy to use, clear and packed with information study guide.
      Suitable for student and the interested reader, as I am

25.10.2014 12:50

Advantages

• "All natural"
      • "Not that expensive"

Disadvantages

• "It developed food alergie"
      • "Dog doesn't really love it"

Collards SeniorLight Turkey & Rice- Paid for an allergy

This is a food for senior dogs, from 7 years to more, so I did; it fed it to my dog, I just put a handful of it his bowl to see his reaction, of course needless to say he eats it, he eats everything that touches his bowl, edible or not. We fed it to my girlfriends golden, he is now 7 and some months, and as a senior citizen diet is going to change bit by bit.

Introduction

Collards Senior/Light Turkey & Rice is suitable for all breeds from 7 years to old age, it comes in 2kg and 12kg bags, it comes only with turkey and costs about 12kg bag = £39.99.

Main Ingredients: The main ingredient about this is rice(43%), Turkey Meat (min. 20%), Whole Grain (min. 14%), Whole Linseed(min. 4.5%), Sugar Beet (min. 4.5%).

My personal opinion

This food is not that expensive, and the reason I put the ingredients up is for you to see the reason this is quite cheap, because it's almost 50% rice. You might as well buy rice then, but I really thought this could be good for the dog because it comes with turkey meat.
      Now turkey meat, like duck and fish is a natural meal, but it's not very usual in a dog's diet, that makes it very improbable to develop an allergy to it. My dog ate that handful, my girlfriends dog eats a bowl, then 2 then 3, then he started to dislike it, he didn't like the food or the taste, you had to mask it.Masking it barely was working, and after 2 weeks in which we did not feed him only this, he started to feel sick, you could see it and then developed an allergy. We went to the vet and he told us not to feed this to him anymore. Once we took it out of his diet he was fine. So I guess you get what you pay for.

I do not think that every dog will develop such reactions, but that's what happened to me and I will not make the same mistake again.

• Gloria (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      25.10.2014 12:37

Advantages

• "500 words"
      • "Great lead performance"

Disadvantages

• Subtitles

Knickerbocker Gloria!

So, Gloria, Chile’s 2014 entry at Oscars in Best Foreign Film category. It didn’t win as its subject matter of middle-aged romance was a bit too squeamish for The Academy. This is the sort of film role older actresses would die for in Hollywood. When women get to a certain age men stop looking if they don’t firm it all up. Cinema doesn’t like to show us as we are in that department, stretch marks and saggy boobs a big No No in Tinsel Town, only Jack Nicholson is allowed to get away with that. Older women will really identify with her performance here.

Plot

Gloria Menedez (Paulina García) enjoys her new found freedom, smoke when she wants and still feels young at heart, especially at the oldies Santiago Salsa and Flamenco club scene. She is pushing sixty but looks good for her age, not short of admirers. Rodolfo (Sergio Hernández) is one of those and makes his move, Gloria flattered by the attention of the polite ex navy man.

Gloria enjoys the next day at his adventure park, a spot of paintballing and Zorbing no problem for the free spirit that is Gloria. She is a little low right now and enjoys the booster of gentleman company, her daughter Ana (Fabiola Zamora) moving to Sweden with her mountain climbing boyfriend Gabriel (Alejandro Goic), and her neighbor (Hugo Moraga) keeps her up all night with his nervous breakdown. Rodolfo is also divorced and has needy unemployed daughters and an angry ex wife, constantly phoning him. But Rodolfo declares his unending love for Gloria and he also becomes needy, not what free spirit Glory is about.

Romances are not always happy and exciting times, often two people simply looking for company, sex and conversation. No one wants to be lonely, especially middle-aged women, and men don’t like the loss of their ego by not having sex. Problem is can we involve ourselves in fifty-year-olds having a relationship on the big screen, and bonking, as they do here. Do we want to see liver spots and child bearing hips doing battle? We need screen romances to make us laugh and cry whilst this one just makes you sad at the idea of getting old, especially for women viewers of that certain age. Men can get away with it for longer as younger women love the bulge in their trousers - the wallet. It’s not the same for women and off the market by the time they hit 50 and extremely conscious of that, time to take in that kitten your neighbor doesn’t want.

García is the film, her lead performance a cracker, why the film is called Gloria. I must admit her big round glasses and bouffant hair reminded me of Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie and I did think that would be the big twist. But there are no surprises here and she really does capture the loneliness of being a single older woman that men only see as matriarchs.

• Hills Canine DD Duck & Rice / Dog Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.10.2014 12:23

Advantages

• "Works like a charm"

Hills Canine DD Duck & Rice-It really works as they claim it does

My dog as many, at least once in a lifetime developed a food allergy. It really is not that uncommon for your pouch to lose some fur and scratch more than comfortable times. My dog developed such bald itchy spots a few months back, and when I went to the vet he immediately knew it was food related, I too had my thoughts on that before coming to the vet check. The reason of this is usually some bad food that he eats one too many. I don't feed my dog bad quality food, never did and never will. Although this might be a cause effect of bad food, my dog developed it because of the variety of food I feed him, some of witch not made for doggies.

Raw meat did some damage as I fed him too often and caught the raw food twice a week, the problem was I could not resist his big yellow cute eyes, he would come up at me while eating snacks, chips, some junk food including my usual meals, and I could not resist and just gave in to his puppy charms.

Introduction

Hill's DD Prescription Diet Canine Duck & Rice - clinical nutrition especially formulated to help your dog with a variety of skin conditions and digestive discomfort due to food allergies. It comes in a 12 kg bag and I paid about £100 for 2 bags.
      Ingredients:
      Ground rice, duck meal, animal fat, hydrolysed chicken (low molecular weight), vegetable oil, cellulose, fish oil, potassium chloride, salt, potassium citrate, DL-methionine, taurine, calcium carbonate, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant(so It doesn't contain any nasty things.)

Talk with you vet about how much to feed him, mine was older than 12 months and weigh about 27 Kg and I fed him 4 cups.

My personal review

It was very, very good. I really have nothing bad to say about it, the moment that happened and it was prescribed to him, his fur grow back, in a week you could really see it and the itching stopped. The taste must of been amazing too, he eat it like crazy and loves it. It is on the expensive side, but you SHOULD NOT spare expense when it comes to your pet's well being, you are responsible for his good health.

25.10.2014 11:46

Advantages

• "provides near on instant relief"

Disadvantages

• "only intended as temporary "

fantastic temporary tooth filling

The safe and sound temporary tooth fill kit is a great way to fill a tooth if you cannot get into the dentist for a while. If you read my reviews, you will already know of my unfortunate incident with an aniseed ball, where I bit into one and broke my tooth and without one of these pieces of kit, I would not have managed to wait for the dental appointment!

The tooth filling kit is very easy to use, and has instructions on how to use it. You simply take off the packaging, and use the syringe device to squeeze the Zinc oxide based material into the broken tooth, or the tooth that needs to be filled. Once in, you simply leave it to harden, and it provides relief if your nerve is exposed, which believe me is incredibly painful when trying to eat around that area.

The kit is only intended for temporary relief, and is not meant to be left in the mouth for longer than 28 days, it is intended to get you through until you can get it filled properly. I actually would not have coped without this, and it is fairly cheap considering the brilliant effect it has. One packet has enough material in it to fill up to ten teeth, although most people will only buy the product to fill one. Depending on where you get this from, it wont harm your wallet, if you buy from Amazon, it costs only £3.49 including free delivery, however if you buy from a pharmacy you can expect to pay anything up to £10 for it, so the difference is quite big.

Overall, if your suffering from a broken tooth, or a tooth that needs filling and you cannot get into a dentist for a while, this will be the best feq quid you will ever spend. I combined this with using Orajel, which is applied directly too the area, and the pain was much easier to manage!

25.10.2014 11:38

Advantages

• "None Really"

Disadvantages

• "Falls Apart Quickly"
      • "Too Big to Use Easily"

Not Worth the Price

I have always bought the 99p shower puffs from superdrug, but during a Boots shopping session a couple of months ago I decided to pick up this. I have been trying more and more Soap and Glory products and this was just one in a long line.

First of all this is HUGE. It is three times the size of any other similar products I have tried. I thought this would make it easier to use. It did not. As you know when you shower you have to get into certain nooks and crannies. Due to the size of this it is almost impossible and takes an awful lot of manouvering! This meant by shower time was upped all day - when I am out of the house from 6.30am until 7pm is something I really do not have time for.

I almost found myself wishing it would get to that stage, where it has started to unravel, just so it was easier to use. Considering the price of the product, it did not take too long to get there. About ten days after I started to use it it began to unravel, only a few days after that it was totally unusable. For a product of this price it was unacceptable.

It did hold products quite well, but most of the cheaper versions do. To pay the price for this one is not required.

This retails for around £3 in Boots. Due to the problems I had with it, I would advise to just buy three of the really cheap ones in its place.

25.10.2014 11:28

Advantages

• "excellent sensitive relief"

Disadvantages

• none

BRILLIANT relief for sensitive teeth!

If you are anything like I am, and suffer from sensitive teeth, then you will already know how frustrating it can be not being able to eat or drink your favorite things because your teeth hurt that much that you cannot enjoy them! The solution is this excellent toothpaste!

Colgate sensitive was recommended to me by my mother, after telling her one day that my teeth were that sensitive I could not even eat an ice cream!! Immediately after being told how good this toothpaste was, i went and bought some from the local shop. The toothpaste was much more expensive than I had expected, but buying it from a local shop I expected to pay a little more, it was £3.29, which I thought was fairly high, but it is available from ASDA or other supermarkets for just two pounds a tube.
      I used the product before bed, and when I got up, and it truly is remarkable how well this worked for me. It has a great minty taste to it, which is not overpowering like some of the toothpastes available, and it does not burn your mouth or tongue. The tube is 75ml, but it still tends to last around a month if you are using a normal pea sized amount when you brush. The product also claims to have a whitening effect, but I am yet to see this, maybe it is just me , but the only reason i tried this toothpaste was for the sensitive protection side of things!

The tube itself is white in color, with a tinted yellow background. It is a great design I think, and the information on the tube is to a minimum but is effective. I would recommend anyone suffering with sensitive teeth to give this product a go, I can now eat ice cream and drink very cold drinks without any pain at all, which is lovely on a summers day when your too hot! I cannot actually believe how well it worked, and after only a couple of uses too! I would gladly pay £5 a tube just for the excellent relief this product provides!

25.10.2014 11:26

Advantages

• "miracle cream"

Disadvantages

• none

Great cream for everything

Sudocrem is one of those products that fast became a household name, simply because of its hundreds of uses. We have used Sudocrem for years, for all sorts of reasons, and here is my review of it.

Sudcrem started off back in 1931, where Thomas Smith a Professor of Pharmacy, developed a unique cream that was used to treat a whole bunch of medical problems. By the 1940's, his cream had become so popular that he had to relocate to a bigger factory to create the amount of products that he needed. To this day, the product has stood the test of time and is used by millions of people across the world, making it one of the most successful medical creams ever,
      We have being using this cream since I can remember, it comes in handy for day to day needs, especially for our child as it is great for nappy rash and preventing soreness. The product is also used for:

Eczema
      Surface wounds
      Minor burns
      Sunburn
      Chilblains
      bed sores
      cuts and scrapes
      And a whole range of other problems. Sudocrem is very easily absorbed into the skin, simply put on a small amount wherever the problem may be, and rub it in until it is gone. I suggest using a minimal amount as using too much can make your skin become greasy.

All in all Sudocrem is an excellent household product, that should be found in all home first aid kits. The product is only about a pound from most pharmacies and supermarkets, and one small 60 gram tub can last you months. The product has a long shelf life too, and is around three years before it expires, so you do not need to worry about it going off either. An essential product to keep in the house!

• Nikon D90 Body / Digital Camera / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      25.10.2014 10:34

Advantages

• "GOOD DESIGN"

Disadvantages

• NONE

superb camera

the Nikon d90,, it's a terrific new camera that comes with the kit lens oven 18 2105 VR Nikkor image stabilized lens and when you look at the camera it it's a really comfortable shape a comfortable design,very logically control layout on the back to the camera it's got to be a beautiful three inch high quality monitor on it with 920,000K resolution.
      it's really comforting to know that we can on the screen is a pretty accurate representation of what you're getting when you should the picture on the left side of the camera you've got a a delete button.this is the trash can at universal symbol the lead and let's face it after all some time to take a picture you might not like the picture for whatever reason,you want to give me that picture is the playback button.
      you've got a menu button, if press that button , you can just see how beautiful that LCD screen is right now I'm set to the custom setting menu and if you go through the custom
      setting menu you've got just the whole host the features from how to control your focus modes on the camera,it just seems very typical like on fashion we designate focusing features on with the collar this is be yellow and metering so we have those beaches there and then we go into a different setting which is represented by different colors, and it's very logically laid out.

You will see that the white balance is also a question mark and when you press the question mark,you have a really like a mini instruction manual on the camera ,it shows you just about every aspect of what you're going to do and that's really important because these cameras have a lot a lot of features,and you don't always use all these features and you forget you don't have your instruction book with you , so while you're out the fielder taking pictures you want to do what a multiple exposure for instance,and you know remember how to do it, you go to the multiple exposure setting,and then you hit the question mark and it tells you exactly what to do,so a great convenience features a great way to help you while you're out taking pictures.

• Guinea Pig / Pet / Animal / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      25.10.2014 10:04

Advantages

• "good and cute pets"

Disadvantages

• none

love the cute pets

Guinea pigs frequently squeak with delight when their owners enter a room. So how can you resist such cute pets?

Before you bring your guinea pig house, do a little research in books and magazines as well as online. Guinea pigs want more care and attention than you could want.

Guinea pigs are social animals--they'd much rather live with another guinea pig or two than by themselves. If you desire your small squeaker to be the most joyful, get her a friend.

Female guinea pigs can generally reside comfortably. Male guinea pigs must be from the exact same litter to reduce fighting and grumpiness. And since guinea pig neutering isn't broadly unavailable, don't keep males and females in the same pen.

Guinea pigs want a lot of room to run around. One guinea pig wants at least four square feet of space-- but the roomier, the better.

Do not keep them in wire- bottomed cages. Instead, use cages with solid bottoms, and line the cage or pencil with newspaper topped with lots of hay, shredded paper, or recycled pellet-kind bedding.

A guinea pig's main food source must be fresh, high-quality timothy hay. Feed your piggies as much hay as they'll eat--they need the fiber, and munching on hay is the best method to help keep their teeth from growing too long.

Use pellets that are fresh, as vitamin C do not replace rabbit pellets, which aren't the same thing, and breaks down.

Tip
      Many guinea pigs think Vitamin C pills really are a treat. Give your piggies a quarter of a tablet once a week, or scatter a crushed pill above their food.

Guinea pigs should additionally have a handful of varied greens and vegetables each day. Supply those high in vitamin C dandelion greens, and strips of red pepper.

Try coffee cans that are empty, shoeboxes overturned flowerpots, and with holes cut in them. Guinea pigs not especially nimble--offer them balls and low ramps for exercise while they like to play.

Let them run around in a space that is free of wires along with other dangers --you don't want them nibbling on your own computer cords!

Many guinea pigs like to be brushed. Longhaired guinea pigs ought to be brushed every day.

Call a small-animal veterinarian if your guinea pigs are coughing or sneezing, have diarrhea, or appear lethargic. A happy, healthy guinea pig can live for up to 10 years, so with good care your little buddy will be around for a nice number of years.

• Sony XPERIA T / Smartphone / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      25.10.2014 08:43

Advantages

• "good design"

Disadvantages

• none

a standard phone for your daily use

There’s been lots of excitement about the latest addition to the Xperia family for ages,and last month we were lucky enough to grab a brief hands-on with said handset, the Sony Xperia T.
      With massive multimedia capabilities and a suped-up screen the Xperia T looked
      pretty darn good at first glance, but will the new Sony flagship have what it takes to tee off an era of dominance in the mobile market?
      The first thing you’ll notice about the Xperia T is the familiar Sony design elements,borrowing heavily from the Xperia Arc S in terms of curves and edges. The rear has that nice ergonomic bend to it synonymous with the aforementioned device whilst the sides are smooth and sleek. Unfortunately it also follows Sony’s irksome trend of placing all three tactile buttons on the same side, but they’re fairly easy to distinguish and won’t cause you too much trouble. An expansive 4.6-inch display dominates the front of device and this sits nicely amongst all those lovely the tapered edges. Whilst some might feel the lip around the screen is a bit unsightly, it means that the screen does use every spare millimetre of the front facia, something that shows consideration and thought.
      However ,we are a little bit dubious about the matte-black coating and
      whether it’ll stand up against the rigours of the modern pocket. The smooth finish could well turn into a scratch-fest, a shame considering it looks pretty cool.
      The Xperia T runs Android Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box, a pleasing step up compared to the Gingerbread-toting Xperia S. Like its predecessor the interface is tidy if not a little basic, and runs smoothly thanks to the power of a 1.5GHz dual-core processor.
      Besides the OS upgrade very little seems to have changed and the popular Timescape function,a tidy place to store your social feeds and contacts, remains along with a host of customisable widgets such as weather and Books available at a tap’s notice. Such familiarity will no doubt thrill existing Sony fans, but may leave newcomers a little disappointed.
      It’s not until you get to multimedia that the Xperia T really finds its stride. A hefty
      13MP camera is capable of taking some ace images, as well as boasting unprecedented
      manual ISO and exposure settings. Whilst you’re unlikely to get the level of customisation
      that you would from an SLR, for a phone it’s a really great touch.
      But when it comes to movie playback Sony really has it down to a tee, and this Xperia is no
      exception. Thanks to the 4.6-inch HD display offering and with the assistance of the Mobile
      Bravia Engine, videos will blow you away. Whether its watching something you’ve captured
      with the 1080p video recorder or enjoying a movie, there’s no way you can be disappointed
      with the clear visuals and intense detail.
      Audio playback also gets an upgrade thanks to what Sony calls “soul-shaking clarity”.
      With the Walkman feature back in the game users can customise their sound experience with a series of enhancements that can also be enjoyed through headphones. It even comes with an equalizer so you can set your own audio preferences, so you get your music sounding how you want it.
      If you’re a bit of a gamer you’re going to be very well looked after with the Xperia T. As the device is Playstation Certified,this means that all manner of top recognisable PlayStation titles are available.
      Sony’s Smart Tags, first making an appearance with the Xperia S, will also feature heavily and allow users to set pre-existing rules for integration with peripherals.
      When it comes down to it ,the Xperia T is a solid if slightly unspectacular addition to the Sony range. With impressive multimedia capabilities and a wow-inducing display, it makes bold threats on the existing smartphone pack but fails to fully execute them thanks to some slight niggles over the design and ingenuity of the device. But, if you’re a Sony fan and are after an upgrade, you really can’t go wrong with a smartphone that makes multimedia its special-tee.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown