• Boots Ibuprofen Gel / Pain Relief / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      17.09.2014 15:48

Advantages

• "easy to use"
      • simple
      • "packaged well"

Disadvantages

• "didn't work as well as I'd hopes"

Not so good

Over the years, or rather over the past four years, I have severely suffered with back problems. So much so it is really painful to do pretty much anything. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with me and after a bunch of physiotherapy and nothing changed, I was prescribed Ibuprofen gel to ease my muscle pain. That ran out and boom, that is when I bought this. A product, which for me did not work.

You basically just squeeze a small amount into your hand and gently rub it into the location of pain. The more you rub it in the more it begins to feel sticky. Once rubbed in you allow it to dry before putting your clothing back on. I did not wait once and found my shirt stuck to my back, so I would certainly recommend waiting a little while, depending on where you use the gel.

The gel recommends you not to take any other paracetamol or Ibuprofen tablets as well as using this and I myself have never gone against this. I'd say that the boots gel worked for around 30 minutes and then it wore off. It is supposed to work for up to 4 hours. That being said I think it would be useful for small muscle pains, such as a pulled leg muscle after working too hard at the gym.

I would recommend this to anyone who suffers with small amounts of muscle pain, but the one the GP prescribed worked a lot better. The gel comes in different strengths, so maybe next time I will try a tougher strength.

17.09.2014 15:13

Advantages

• "Keeps cage looking neat "

Disadvantages

• "I wouldn't put hay in it"

Very Good Food Holder

After reading lot's of brilliant reviews about the Trixie metal salad rack, I decided to ahead go ahead and buy One from one of my guinea pigs with the intentions of if it works I will buy another one for the other guinea pig! I ordered one from zooplus, it was the cheapest I could find at £2.75.

The metal rack is advertised for holding salad or vegetables, I wasn't sure if this would work with hay at first. After trying hay in it I found it can be a bit messy, it does drop out and just looks a mess dangling bits of hay and loose hay messy on the floor ... However, when I used a better quality hay which was thicker/stiffer, it did tend to hold a good amount of it without if falling everywhere. I don't bother putting hay in it now because I was worried that the hay would poke my guinea in the eye when he was stretching up for it! I prefer to put soft food in there for him.

The rack itself is made from metal, it has hooks on it for you to hook on to the bars of the cage. Once it is hooked up it is quite sturdy, and it does tend to stay in place. It is easy to fill up with lots of your pets favorite food - my guinea pig loves salad so I just pile it all in for him to munch on!

Easy to clean and keeps the food neatly all in one place - you will get bits that drop on the floor or bits that your pet has dragged out but decided not to eat! All in all though, it does keep the cage looking neater.

17.09.2014 15:13

Advantages

• "well made"
      • "easy to use."

Disadvantages

• none

Draper patio weeder.

I enjoy working in my garden and am slowly getting a good set of tools together. I have quite a large patio area and find it hard work to keep in looking good and weed free. Until this summer I had a cheap patio weeder bought from Tesco for around a few pounds. The tool was quite flimsy and so I wasn't too surprised when the handle came away from the blade. I decided that I wanted to spend a bit more and buy something that would hopefully last.

I found what I was looking for during a visit to my local garden centre; a patio weeder made by Draper. Draper is a family owned business and have been making tools for nearly 100 years. They are known as a company that makes quality products. I paid £5.50 for the weeder and was keen to try it out.

The weeder is made from mirror polished stainless steel and has a well padded,soft grip handle. There is a hanging hole at the top of the handle,although this is not something I have bothered to use. The tools has a right angled Sharpe blade designed to fit between paving slabs. This tool feels and looks like a quality piece of kit that is designed to last.

I find it really easy to use this tool. Simple pull the blade along any crack where weeds lurk. The blade quickly cuts through any roots making it easy to remove weeds from even the smallest of cracks and crevices. I really don't like using chemical weedkillers and so this tool is the ideal solution for me.

The Draper patio weeder is also available with an ash handle. This is a more expensive option and does look lovely! The weeder is available from Amazon for just £4.95; an absolute bargain!

17.09.2014 15:13

Advantages

• "good art"
      • gripping

Disadvantages

• "fan service"

A great story about school romance

This site doesn't have all 10 volumes from season 1 so here I am going to review the whole first series of manga books. The image shows a season 2 book, but the information and title indicates season 1. Let it be known that this is the second manga that I ever read and it was the second I had ever owned so at the time of buying this I did not have much to compare it to, but years on, I now do.

The art inside each volume is stunning, every time I turn a page I am amazed and every time a new character comes into the series I am swept away by the detail being used. However, each new character comes with the same flaw and it is that they are all obsessed with the male protagonist. This whole series is built off that alone. The author painted Tsukune to be extremely desirable.

This is something I dislike, but the thing that kept me hooked on this series and kept me watching it is that I am rooting for Moka to get with Tsukune. I love the evil and natural side of her that comes out too. The plot follows the two through monster school, Tsukune concealing the fact that he is human.

I would highly recommend this series to anyone who like manga or who is a beginner. The plot is gripping and each volume uses a cliffhanger that keeps you hooked. In most manga book stores you can get three volumes for the price of two, so you can pay £10 for three volumes. However, I would say it's for people over 16 because there is some fan service from time to time.

• Boots Ibuprofen Gel / Pain Relief / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      17.09.2014 14:49

Advantages

• "It does not stain my clothes"
      • "It is easy to apply"
      • "It reduces pain and is effective"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages "

This is very good pain gel

WHAT IS IT?

This is gel that is made by Boots. It contains ibuprofen and is for pain that you can treat better by rubbing something on instead of taking tablets. It has got 5% of ibuprofen in the gel.

HOW DO YOU USE IT?

You take a small amount of gel and rub it into your skin where your pain is. I have pain in my back and I use this quite alot, I used to use an ibuprofen gel that was a brand name but it was more expensive and since I started using this one I do not think it is sensible to pay extra when this works just as good.

You can use this gel only 4 times in a day and that is a pity because sometimes I need to use more than that but it is because of the medication in the gel and it is absorbed into your skin so just because you are not taking it in a tablet you should still look out for the dosing instructions.

WHAT I THINK

The box now is different from the one that is shown on Dooyoo and I like the new box better because it looks more attracting and like a body health product instead of medicine. The tube is 50g and it is sealed completely when you buy it.

I think this gel is very effective and it makes my pain reduce quick. The gel feels nice and I like that it is quite thick so when I have to tip my hand to apply it to my back the gel doesn't slide or drip off my hand so I can apply it where I need the pain relief.

My pain does not go all the way away but it is reduced enough so that I can get on with my life while it is working. I still have to be careful because of the way you can apply it only a few times in a day because if I am too rough with my back it will bring the pain back and then I will be stuck because it might not be time for me to use more gel.

I like the way this gel rubs into my skin very easy and it does not take very long. It does not make my skin greasy and as soon as it has been rubbed in I can put on my clothes and I do not worry about it making a stain.

ANYTHING ELSE

The gel is in a 50g tube and that costs £2.69. It is value but when I first started to buy it it was alot cheaper and it has gone up in price very fast.

5 Dooyoo Stars.

17.09.2014 14:20

Advantages

• "It does not smell so bad "
      • "It looks like real food "

Disadvantages

• "My cats are hungry after eating it"

My cats like this very much but it is not filling

WHAT IS IT?

Cat food that comes in a tray and it is one serving in each tray.

THE FLAVOUR

These trays are available in different flavours and this is chicken in gravy. The meal is made of small bites of chicken that are in a gravy that I think is more like sauce, the smell is not like chicken but I can smell chicken in it and it is more pleasing that alot of other cat food.

WHAT I THINK

I like that this cat food looks more like real fresh meat because I think cat food looks like mush alot of the time. The gravy does not look very pleasing but it smells quite nice so I can not complain about it and my cats like it. The chicken looks real and fresh and I am happy for that.

I do not think this cat food fills my cats stomachs very good because they act like they are hungry after they have eaten it, I still buy this because they like the taste but I give them dry food a short time after also.

I have got 3 cats so this is too expensive for me to feed them this food every day and I buy it once or two times a week only. My cats eat it all up very quick and I can tell they like it because of the way they lick their lips while they are eating and after also.

ANYTHING ELSE

This cat food is made by Sheba and it costs about 89p. I think that is expensive but it is made alot more affordable if you have only one cat.

4 Dooyoo Stars.

• ELC Bath Crayons / Baby Toy / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      17.09.2014 14:04

Advantages

• fun

Disadvantages

• "some work better than others"

ELC bath crayons

My kids recieved these Early Learning Centre bath crayons from their aunty and uncle for Christmas and I am still a bit divided over whether I really like them or not. On first thought they are a really good idea, especially for my kids as they love drawing and its a bit of a joke in my family that my son always draws over his belly with felt pen so they thought crayons that you can draw with in the bath and over your brother or sister would be a fun thing.

They were very excited to try them and the first bath they had after the Christmas presents were opened had these crayons in them. The crayons came 10 in a pack and are each encased in a length of plastic. The crayon probably only takes up half the plastic casing and I guess the idea is to wind it down when you are not using it but to be honest I don't really see the point of the plastic casing, after all, they are just crayons and don't need to be protected once they have been used.

The Early Learning Centre describe these as, "10 colourful bath crayons for doodling in and on the bath. Easy to wash off crayons for children to draw on the bath, tiles, themselves, or their brother or sister."

The colours of the crayons are really nice, as there are 10 in a pack you get the usual colours, blue, green, red, yellow, black white etc although some defi itely work better than others. Obviously, if you have a white bath like me, the white crayon will be pretty useless but the black and red write really quite well. However, herein lies the problem, some of the colours almost write too well. The red crayon especially takes a lot of scrubbing off the edge of the bath once you have used it and this can be quite annoying, having to clean the bath every time the kids have used it. I usually make my kids scrub if off just before they get out of the bath which they find fun anyway which then is not too much of a hassle.

The crayons are ok to use for drawing on bodies but I find they work a little bit better on dry skin which is not that condusive to bath crayons but if my kids get in and don't wet the top of their body to begin with they can draw it on then and then splash around in the bath.

The set of crayons cost £6 from The Early Learning Centre and I would say they are ok and fun while they last.

17.09.2014 13:09

Advantages

• "Holds ink well"
      • "smooth finish"
      • "Nice paper"

Disadvantages

• none

Print out your pictures without streaks and smears

A few months back I bought an Epson all in one printer as my good old, and I do mean old HP printer finally died. When I took the new printer out of the box I found an A4 size package, or envelope, with-in the box. At first I thought it was the usual instructions, but they were loose inside the scanner lid of the printer.
      So I opened the envelope to find 50 sheets of Epson photo quality ink jet paper. This was a trial pack in the box which was quite a pleasant surprise. There was also a little card inside the envelope giving me details of how to order more of the paper if I wanted to, which I since have.
      The paper itself is A4 size and is made of quite good quality pulp, giving a thin sheet of paper that holds the ink exceptionally well. I've used some paper that is thicker than cardboard, which has led to paper jams. I've used paper that is thinner that a politicians explanation about his expense claims, which mean that you can only use one side to print on, other wise the writing shows through the paper, making both sides unreadable.
      But this paper is in the middle. You can see through it, if you put it up to a straight light, but the print on one side does not show through on the other side, even when both sides are printed on.
      The ink sticks to the paper like glue, although, as with glue, it's best to leave the finished product to settle before handling the main image. I do have to say that the only colours that do seem to take a little longer to settle are the darker colours, especially if there is a lot of that colour in one spot, as you get when printing a picture. But leave the print alone for a minute or so and the ink sinks into the paper and not onto your hands.

As I mentioned earlier, I intended to send off for more of this ink from Epson, using the little card that came in the box, but after a quick search on amazon, and other sites, I found the same branded paper, from Epson, for less than half the price. That price being £10 for 100 sheets, (From Epson itself the price is about £20+)

This paper can be used in other printers so you don't need to have an Epson just to use it. It gives out cracking finishes to any pictures leaving a professional looking photo for you to stick into that frame.

17.09.2014 13:05

Advantages

• Compelling
      • "Excellent child cast"
      • "Parallel storylines make an interesting plot"
      • "Chilling ghost story"

Disadvantages

• "Storytelling becomes a bit loose towards the end"

A classic story very well told

I stumbled across this BBC adaptation while searching for something to take up a quiet weekday evening a few weeks ago and, since then, it's been in my to-do list. I finally got around to watching it recently, and I'm so glad I did.

In brief, it's a fairly classic story - parents lose a child and, as the anniversary of the child's disappearance looms, they travel away to the country in an attempt to heal the emotional wounds. But not all is what it seems with their rental house, and the mother starts to interpret strange occurrences as signs that her son is alive.

The unusual part about the story is that it doesn't just use the parent's grief as a vehicle for introducing the main plot points, abandoning it once the show reaches full tilt. Instead, the raw emotion is present throughout, with us seeing the grief inflicted by such a tragic event manifesting itself as blame, anger and denial on the part of the whole family. Indeed, it is this emotion that drives much of the plot forward and it's truly heartbreaking to watch this family in turmoil.

As the story unfolds, we start to see events occurring in the modern day tie in with those of the past, in the form of a fairly novel parallel storyline. This slowly builds the story and as the two worlds become intertwined and eventually collide, we are hooked, desperate for questions to be answered and for the obvious grief of a number of key parties to be lifted.

This leads, via a turbulent series of twists and turns, to a finale that it's impossible to turn away from, that has your heart in your mouth and elicits a desperate hope that everything will be somehow be alright.

Of course, none of this would have been possible without the very solid cast. In particular, the child actors play their parts as well as any adult - not just playing the often-cast 'creepy child' or 'helpless teenager', they develop their own personalities and truly make you feel immersed in their individual worlds.

For a show with a BBC budget, it is very solidly shot. The scriptwriting is very tight and good use of locations is made, with the costume design spot on for the earlier era.

Perhaps the only criticism is that the storytelling becomes a little bit loose towards the end. Once you're hooked for the final hour or so, it feels as if the show becomes a wee bit lazy with some of the plot points. Nevertheless, this is a relatively minor point in what is a fantastic two part drama.

17.09.2014 11:16

Advantages

• Friendly
      • "Good communication"
      • Proactive
      • Efficient

Efficient and friendly service

Case ref: M1736087

Really great service from Adam and Ben - they were efficient, available for contact at times that suited me, friendly and, following my own research online, I believe gave me good advice and selected the best mortgage for me. They kept me up-to-date with the progress of my application at the various stages and even acted on my behalf to recover a fee which was, I (and they) felt, unfairly taken from my bank account by a potential lender. I would definitely use their service again and would recommend to others.

17.09.2014 10:19

Advantages

• " easy to apply"
      • "lovely colours"

Disadvantages

• "colour fades quickly"

A 6 hour lip gloss from L'Oreal

I don’t tend to wear a lot of make up but I do like to use lipstick and gloss. I often wear a lip gloss on top of my lipstick to give added shine to my lips. I shop in Boots on a regular basis and therefore accumulate lots of loyalty points on my card. I like to use the points to treat myself and recently opted to use my points in exchange for an L’Oreal glam shine lip gloss.

I am a fan of L’Oreal products and have used their lip glosses in the past although my one complaint is that they never last very long. However this one claimed to last for 6 hours! I really liked the choice of colours on offer and after a lot of deliberation opted for always pink as I thought it would go well over my Yves Saint Lauret lipstick.

The lip-gloss comes in a thin 6ml clear plastic tube with silver lid. The lid contains the shaped sponge applicator. On the positive side this lip gloss is really easy to apply and the applicator delivers the right amount of gloss. The sponge applicator is specially shaped to make it easy to follow the contours of my lips. The colour looks great and suits my complexion.

On the negative side the lip gloss feels quite sticky and leaves a heavy feeling on my lips. Although I was sceptical about that 6 hour claim, I was hopeful that this gloss would at least last longer than other lip glosses. However to my disappointment it really didn’t last for long at all. I find I still need to reapply after eating or drinking and at best it only lasts for about an hour.

Overall I would buy this again as I love the colour. I do think the £8.69 price tag is a bit steep for a lip gloss that really is no different to others on the market.

17.09.2014 10:12

Advantages

• Refreshing
      • "Lovely scent"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

A pleasant if pricey body wash

A while ago I got some Balance Me Pure Body Wash free with a magazine. I took it on holiday with me to use it up.

The Balance Me brand specialises in natural beauty created in the UK.

The packaging consists of a clear plastic bottle that is handy when judging how much product you have left. There is a red label with an attractive but simple design and the name of the product. There is a screw top lid which to be honest isn't ideal as it can be a hassle to use with wet hands.

Inside the bottle, the body wash is a dark yellow, honey colour with a fresh, natural, almost herbal scent. It contains juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender oils to tone and refresh. It is 99% natural in origin.

The wash lathers up really well on a shower puff, which is impressive with a natural shower product like this. It has a pleasant scent and is easy to use. It doesn't have much of a scent once I have finished washing, but I don't mind this as I always use scented body lotion and/or perfume anyway.

The wash is really gentle on my skin. It doesn't dry it out and I don't have to use too much moisturiser afterwards. I really liked using the wash, and the only thing I wasn’t quite so keen on was the price - GBP9 for 200ml. However, I would consider paying this if I fancied a treat, as it is a really good product.

17.09.2014 06:19

Advantages

• cheap
      • tasty

Disadvantages

• none

original and the best!

Cadburys is the second largest confectionery brand in the world, and has been around 190 years! Originally, it was Mr John Cadbury who started out, in 1824 selling tea coffee, and of course the original drinking chocolate!

Cadbury drinking chocolate is probably the best known brand of chocolate drink, and certainly was a must have when I was little! The product comes in a simple tube, which is purple in color and has a chocolate swirl on the front of it.

The drink has a simple recipe, which makes it great for most people who have allergies. It simply contains Sugar, Cocoa, Salt, Flavoring. I do find that it is quite high in sugar, which makes it a treat for most people. I tend to drink this maybe once or twice a week for that reason.

The drink has a distinct flavor. It is very chocolaty, but very smooth at the same time. Unlike some drinking chocolate, it does not have a sickly taste to it. There are two ways in which you can make this drink, the first is by adding hot water, which is quite tasty, but at the same time can be quite watery if you do not use a lot of powder. The second is to make it with milk, which is by far the better option. I make mine with whole milk and microwave it, then add some marshmallows which makes it even better.

This drink is brilliant for all of the family, and tastes brilliant. A great treat for the kids before bed! For a 200 gram tub, it costs only £2, which is really good! We buy a tub perhaps once a quarter, and sometimes lasts us even longer than that! The price does vary though, depending on which shop you visit, but tends to be around the same price.

I would recommend this drink to all you chocolate lovers out there, it is the original and the best drinking chocolate!

17.09.2014 00:37

Advantages

• " cheap."
      • " translucent"
      • " flexible"
      • " Won't break easily"
      • "Good fit"

Disadvantages

• None.

A 10/10 Case. Would reccomend this to anyone!

PRODUCT: This Paticular case comes in many various colour I believe it comes in up to ten colours which is always a nice option to have when it comes to personalization. The case fits the iPad air very well which is something I always like to see. The flexi case is flexible but not one of the cases you will find to break easily as the edges are flexible but the back of the case is abit more tougher. This case is also translucent meaning you can still see the desighn of the tablet for example the apple logo. It also had a raised edge on the front of the case to protect if from those drops and falls you may come across which will give it some nice added protection. It also has cut outs for all of your buttons you will need to acces for instance the lock button, the home button, volume button, silent button, the speakers will have a cutout as well as the headphone jack , microphone, camera etc. Using the case myself I found it to be very well-made and never had any problems with it at all I give this case for the price and what you get a full 10/10

PRICE: You can pick this up of Mobilefun.co.uk for a mere price of just £7.99 which I found to be quite cheap and was quite happy to pay this for a case of this standard,

FINAL WORD: A Great case no faults to it at all a great buy for anyone wanting a lightweight case with that extra something.

17.09.2014 00:25

Advantages

• " protection"
      • " fun"
      • " colourful"
      • "Child friendly"

Disadvantages

• " heavy for a case."
      • Chunky

Another great child friendly case, just abit on the chunky side!

PRODUCT: The product is made of a silicone material which is generally quite stretchy and can mould to a lot of different shapes making it easy to put on the iPad and take off. I found this to be very helpful as I would only put this on when my younger son wanted to go on the tablet and take it off after and found this very helpful. The colours you can get with it are very vibrant and colourful which is nice addition to have. It also has little extra bits where the child can hold onto making it easier for them to hold the iPad without dropping it or just with more ease. This case will also protect the iPad from any knocks or bangs you may have. It also provides some extra grooves around the case for extra grip which is good for evryone using it. I found the case to be abit chunky and it added a bit of weight to the tablet but other than that I had no complaints.

PRICE: You can pick up this case in many different colours from amazon from around the price tag of £19.99 which for me is a bit more than I would have expected but wouldn't go too far to say it wasn't worth it. I thought it was worth it. It has survived many falls and scrapes with minimal damage which is always good to see. This also fits the iPad 2, 3, 4.

FINAL WORD: A great gift for children or in general. Very child friendly.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown