• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.07.2015 11:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Service

I needed a new computer because my old Dell was on it's last legs.Looking around I couldn't find the spec I wanted for the price,until I came across the PC Specialist web site.Having read the reviews I decided to give them a go.I'm glad I did,they kept me up to date with the progress of my order every step of the way.Great service,great products,great price,thoroughly recommended.

• BT 2000 Single Cordless DECT / Telephone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.07.2015 11:17

Advantages

• "50 number phone book"
      • "clear screen"
      • "clear calls"
      • "Nice look"

Disadvantages

• "no answer machine"

A simple phone for a simple life ... and why not?

This is another of the cordless phones that I have had the pleasure of using, although some I have hated as they are about as useful as sunglasses on a man with no ears. But this one is a rather fine one.
      It looks the same as any other phone. Number buttons at the bottom section, just above the microphone. Then, above the number keys there's the call end, call connect, menu, 'yes', ;no' and directional buttons.
      Then there's the screen which is a nice size and seems to look better with the wide black frame around it. This makes the blue colouring of the screen stand out a bit better I think.
      This is not an answer machine, even if it does look like one when it's sat on the base. Btu the base is simply a charger and, using the button on the front, a way to find the handset if you've lost it.

When some one calls you a a number will appear on the screen, or a name if you a have added them to the fifty number phone book. This name or number appears in black with the blue glow in the background looks clear enough to see exactly what it is/
      during a call you can mute the microphone, meaning that you can press the mute button if you want to talk about the person you're talking to to someone in the room, or if someone in the room is talking to you and you don't want the caller to hear
      The call quality is excellent, using the good invention that is DECT, Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telephone, so you know that when you're on a call you are going to hear and be heard.

This phone, that does NOT have an answering machine, which is why I got rid of this after a while, cost about £15.00

• Acer Aspire Switch 10 / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.07.2015 10:31

Advantages

• "Battery autonomy"
      • "2 in 1"

Disadvantages

• "No USB 3.0"

It's great for your second computing device.

Acer Aspire Switch 10 it's a tablet (with touch screen) if you need a tablet or a laptop if you need a laptop. How cool is that ? For the price, this is a great device or devices because it's 2 in 1 kind of thing.
      The first thing you have to do with this device it's to update the bios, and of course other drivers, but bios it's important because the last version fixes a lot of issues it had before.
      The keyboard is detachable from the tablet which is magnetically attached.
      We can also attach the tablet backwards so we can use it like a photo frame or if we want to do a little presentation.
      It comes with Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 Student edition, which is great.
      Another good thing it's the battery, which last longer than a regular laptop, and even if it's smaller, it doesn't become warm, like most laptops do. So it's good if you want to go in a trip, as you will have more autonomy and less weight to carry around.
      Even if it's made of plastic, it sure looks very nice.
      The resolution it's not full HD, but at this size (10 inches), we barely see the difference anyway.
      This device could be appropriate to a kid at school and home, even for a few light games, and for little office work like emails, documents, web browsing, watch movies.
      If you want to do heavy processing (video or photo editing) you just have to use your main desktop or laptop.

• The Works / Highstreet Shopping / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

This shop is my crafting saviour!

The Works advertises itself as a discount book store, but it is so much more than that. The stock which frequently takes up space in this shop is

- Children's and adults books.
      - Children's Toys
      - Children's Crafts
      - Stationary
      - Board Games and Jigsaws
      - DVD box sets
      - Stationery
      - Crafts
      - Art Supplies

I regularly use the works for all of the above, but my visits mainly consist of crafting and art supplies.

I regularly paint and draw, and this has everything you would need; paintbrushes, canvas, art paper, oil, acrylic and water paints, sketching pads, pencils, pens, the list could go on. All the items are great quality for creating artwork with and I always get good results, and the prices a a LOT cheaper than stationers and specialist art shops.

Another project I currently have on the go is a dolls house. Again, I get nearly all my items for this from The Works. Their craft items include - bundles of fabric, buttons, wooden ornaments, minature picture frames, ribbon, spray paints, mini themed items such as pegs, letter cubes, flowers...etc. They also sell crafting boards, knives, storage and sewing boxes.

Another bonus is that The Works have now introduced a member card which you can log all your purchases on and build up money off items each quarter, which is great when you a regular shopper there like myself.

It's a great shop, and one of the shops I visit the most in my town, I just wish it was a bit bigger!

• Yeezus - Kanye West / Music Album / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Dark, original, artistic and groundbreaking. Some of his best work.

I am not a rap fan at all, my preference is rock and metal, but something about Kanye West's music has always attracted me, and he hasn't failed with this album!

Kanye hasn't been the most popular choice in the press lately, and his choice of partner just fueled the criticism. Smug, arrogant, angry and moody, I think he is never taken with the pinch of salt that his so needed for his very tongue in check, F you kind of arrogance.

Yeezus, clearly a play on words is quite a dark album, and the artwork is also quite dark. (which also includes quite a macabre fashion line of the same name), but should still be taken as a little bit of tongue in cheek. Songs such as "I Am A God" Clearly a mockery of his own arrogance and the portrayal of his attitude, and his quite a humorous songs.

This album covers all the general hip-hop and rap subjects you would expect such as racisim, money, women, and culture, but in a very different way to the usual. Some of the songs have hints of a Marilyn Manson production (Who noted he still wasn't sure if Kanye had sampled him or not) and really pushes the boundaries on the type of musical sound you expect from one of the worlds leading rap artists.

Original, dark, artistic and abstract, this album really should be looked at as groundbreaking in the rap industry. And I don't think it has got the recognition it deserves.

• Lamaze Octivity Time / Baby Toy / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Beautiful design and lots of fun!

I bought this toy for my daughter when she was 4 months old. I was looking around TK Maxx and this toy stood out a mile on the shelf with all the others, and I just HAD to get it.

The Octopus my daughter has is pink and purple where the above picture is green, but has all the same activities on it in the same colour scheme.

At 4 months my daughter wasn't get grabbing things, but this toy definitely caught her attention with it's eye catching colours and unique design. I helped her along by putting her hand on the furry and crinkley sections of the toy.

There are so many sensory activities on the octopus. Crinkley noises, soft furs, shiny colours, rings to grab, rubber teething toy, mirror, and a small starfish that clicks and turns.

My daughter is now 6 months old and this is one of her favourite toys. Even better is that it helps her to practice sitting unaided. It is quite a large toy so not something that baby can have on top of them. So I will sit her up and pop the Octopus between her legs, she grabs his head for stability while playing with the toy.

It also has a little velcro fastening underneath it so that you can attach it to things.

There are so many different types of play involved with this toy that baby will never get bored of it, and will grow with it and be able to use it in different ways as they get older.

I think I paid about £10 for it in a sale, usual retail is about £15. But it's definitely worth it. It's a high quality, well thought out toy for little babies.

02.07.2015 05:41

Advantages

• "The best Macbook"

Disadvantages

Interesting Design

his portable computer for nearly one year currently and to be honest it's possibly my favorite portable computer that has been free therefore far…it is really terrific. though it's terribly pricy, i think it's worthwhile for a portable computer nearly as good as this one. I like the thirteen in. to the 15inch as a result of it's additional moveable and accessible instead of a outsized 15inch additionally i really like however sturdy and sturdy MacBooks square measure, their metal frame provides durable support and provides them with the flexibility to survive a fall…we square measure solely human and everybody eventually drops their portable computer however as a macbook owed you simply haven't got to fret the maximum amount as a surface owner as a result of MacBooks will take the hit instead of break on their 1st fall. I've perpetually born my macbook and it still continues to figure and thats unbelievable. additionally it runs iOS which suggests you've got unlimited access to games, books, TV and films which means that you simply will maximise you free time and you do not ought to worry regarding filling up your storage as a result of this raincoat comes with 256GB of storage that i found was over enough. And with a I5 processor there's no task that a macbook cannot handle, it's additionally excellent at juggling and multi-tasking. The screen is additionally nice and makes reading and observation films appear easy. though I found that the screen was a bit flimsy however all you would like to try to to is tighten the screws at the bottom of the screen-although this macbook professional is dear it's worthwhile in my opinion as a result of you're paying for quality that is invaluable and there's very nothing else out there that even begins to vie with this macbook.

02.07.2015 05:34

Advantages

• "lightweight device"

Disadvantages

Apple product great

I LOVE Apple MacBook's and have used several and closely-held several. thus my friend has this one and that i used it for two weeks whereas she was on vacation and that i conjointly visited a workshop at my native Apple workplace to be told concerning identical model however while not the membrane as i am unable to decide if i would like it or not and it's cheaper.

The Apple MacBook professional 13" i5 thirty three,7 cm 128GB with membrane show features a beautiful screen,
      amazing graphics, long life battery, soft comfy keyboard and is even quicker that the model while not the membrane show.

It is made of machined Al that is contour, with bouncy, spaced keys and a crystal clear a pair of,560 x 1,600 show, framed by a skinny edge. As before, the machine measures solely zero.71 in. thick and also the weight is slightly heavier now around at three.48lbs. On the perimeters, you get identical choice of ports: 2 USB three.0 connections, a full-sized HDMI socket, 2 Thunderbolt a pair of ports, associate American state card slot and a electro-acoustic transducer jack.

I in person feel the largest improvement is that the disk speeds. tho' the membrane show MacBook professional has had PCIe-based SSDs (which square measure quicker than mSATA ones) for a few year and a [*fr1] currently, Apple says the PCIe drives employed in the most recent MBP square measure double as quick because the 1st PCIe SSDs used. Specifically, the corporate says its new disks will reach peak browse speeds of one.6 GB/s and goop sequent write speeds of one.5 GB/s. thus essentially in layman's terms, this interprets to fast performance, poignant everything from app load times to cold boot-ups.

Apple this can be capable of up to ten hours of net browsing, or up to twelve hours of iTunes video playback. I work long hours owning a corporation and writing lots and that i found it stood the take a look at of your time. I accustomed get thus pissed off with my previous MacBook as I had to stay plugging it in, it had been half dozen years previous tho' and currently i'm on the brink of by my tenth apple product and third laptop computer only for the fun of upgrading thus i am terribly excited concerning probably shopping for this model and not having to borrow it.

02.07.2015 05:30

Advantages

• "good laptop"

Disadvantages

good laptop

I've owed several laptop computers in my life and have perpetually been repudiating them however the one factor that attracts Pine Tree State to the present laptop computer is it's skillfulness and the way straightforward it very is to use this laptop, some laptop computers will prove themselves troublesome and may take a while to induce use thereto however with this laptop i found it a lot of easier and conjointly faster. The laptop computer itself is handy with a perfect keyboard which has back lighting that makes add boring or dark places a lot of easier to examine the keys properly while not straining your eyes an excessive amount of. The keyboard and keyboard putting your all into along and that they very appear to possess a pleasant flow, the keyboards lightweight runs to the screen that has a tremendous screen resolution. The laptop computer isn't the quickest tho' and will use a more robust processor except for the typical one that is probing for a typical laptop computer that is flexible then this is often in all probability the simplest bet for you. The screen itself is additionally touchscreen that helps Pine Tree State plenty particularly once browsing the online or even reading some articles, it makes scrolling a full ton easier, despite the fact that the trackpad is incredibly responsive and well engineered I simply do not use it fairly often as a result of most of the time i am victimization the touchscreen. The laptop computer incorporates a great deal of storage and enough area for films, music and documents and with windows eight.1 it's terribly straightforward to navigate your method around the system notwithstanding your a beginner. I in person very enjoyed this laptop computer and would undoubtedly advocate it however it'd be higher for college kids since it's therefore transportable. though it's expensive don't be concerned it's worthwhile in my opinion.

02.07.2015 03:05

Advantages

• "A refreshing and reviving scent"
      • "A little goes a really long way"
      • "Good value for money (particularly if using a discount code)"
      • "Antibacterial properties of the Tea Tree Oil"
      • "Clears up acne/blemishes"

Disadvantages

• "Quite a strong scent which may not be for everybody"

Definitely worth a try if you're experiencing body acne/blemishes!

Blemishes and acne on the body are just as common and normal as facial acne yet there are so many products geared towards treating acne and blemishes on the face and so few focusing on the rest of the body. Thankfully, this is where The Body Shop steps in with their tea tree body wash. Tea tree oil is well known for its unique antibacterial and soothing properties, both of which help massively in the fight against acne/blemishes.

I suffer from somewhat mild acne/blemishes on my back, shoulders and chest area. I use a tiny dollop of this product on a body poof and it creates incredible lather, enough to wash my entire body (though I tend to concentrate it on my problematic areas).

I find the scent of this product to be really reviving and refreshing, which is particularly enjoyable in the mornings to make you feel more awake. The scent is really quite strong though and if you dislike the smell of tea tree oil, I can safely say you will probably not enjoy the scent of this and may find it pretty overpowering.

In terms of price, a 250ml bottle costs £6.00. I would happily pay this amount (if not more) but a great bonus of The Body Shop is the wide availability of discount codes. I purchased the body wash with a 50% off code, bringing the cost down to £3.00 which I think is absolutely excellent value for money. Always make sure to browse for a discount code if you do decide to order from The Body Shop as more likely than not there will be a few floating around.

I have been using the body wash everyday for around 6 months now and have seen a huge improvement in the clarity of my skin. I will still get the occasional breakout (maybe more due to hormones) but nothing near like what I was experiencing before and the only thing I can put that improvement down to is this body wash!

• Zanussi ZKG7169 / Washer Dryer / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.07.2015 00:06

Advantages

• "About as noisy as others"
      • "easy to plumb in"
      • "washes well"
      • "Works well"

Disadvantages

• none

Wash away those stains without a trip to the stream with a rock...

This is about 85cm high, 60cm wide and just short of 60cm deep.
      It is a washer dryer which means that it washes and dries.
      It has a B rating when it comes to power conscious people out there, with the stats claiming it has less than 5kWh each load.
      It handles up to 6kg of washing each time with drying load of 4kg.
      The controls on the front let you do a full wash, cottons on 90º or 60º Economy wash. With the options of delicate washing at lower temperatures, even cold.
      It has a spin cycle, it rinses, spins, drains and more spinning.

The controls are on the front, above the large round door of the machine. These consist of 7 buttons, ranging from spin only, heat, power and more. With the dial at the side of the buttons. This dial gives you control over the washing and drying, lets you choose the number and the cycle you want.
      The detergent draw is at the left side of the dial and has three separate compartments, for the detergent and softener.

It can be noisy, especially when it's on one of those mad shakes where even the dog runs away from it as it seems to be alive. This noise isn't over the top and can only be heard when the machine is in full spin, which can make the body of the machine jump about a bit, even though I spent ages levelling up the adjustable legs, but no matter how much I adjusted them the thing still wobbles a bit.

This is a nice sized machine, the same size as others. It can take a 6kg load without any problem and it can wash them the way you want it too with several setting to choose from.

For a washing machine this is up their with the good ones, costing about £300, roughly.

01.07.2015 23:50

Advantages

• "Worth the money"
      • "Makes Makeup last longer"
      • "Long Lasting"
      • "True to its Claim"

Disadvantages

• "Only available at Boots"
      • Expensive

Expensive, but Worth it.

Boots describes the item as; No7 Beautifully Matte Make up Base 40ml contains oil absorbing Biopol which helps minimise blemishes and blot away shine without blocking pores. This Matte base has light-reflecting particles which help disguise fine lines and flaws.
      This No7 make-up base contains Watermelon and Cucumber extracts to help soothe and cool your skin.
      Formulated to be non pore blocking, Hypo-allergenic.

_____

I have nothing but good things to say about this product! I have tried a multitude of primers that claim that they are matte and keep skin shine free etc, when really, they don't. This one actually does! Can you believe it? A product that actually tells the truth?! Well, apparently not all of the products out there are based on fiction.

This wonderful, albeit expensive item has improved the overall look of my makeup. My makeup appears to have lasted much longer and my oily skin doesn't become so obvious so quickly. It eliminates the need for me to put as much foundation/concealer on my face as the no7 primer actually helps the makeup stay on my face and look airbrushed.

Due to how thick the primer is, you really don't need to put much on, in fact you don't even have to apply it everywhere, just on blemishes and shiny areas, or areas where you think your makeup could benefit with some staying power. Personally, I put it on my nose, t-zone and under my eyes so that when I apply both foundation and concealer, these areas are more radiant looking and generally brightens up my whole appearance.

You get 40 ML of product, which is only a couple of grams more than the average pot/tube of primer from other brands, but still, more for your money! The packaging is white and very simple with grey labeling. The cap is a standard twist top and the product doesn't leak at all.

Priced at £10.50 the primer is in the more extortionate price range of makeup, but it is one of the rare beauties in the world of cosmetics that deserves every penny and pound spent on it. Plus, the life span of this is fantastic. I've had mine for four months and I still have half a tube of product left, so really it's a solid investment. You can collect 40 advantage card points with this also.

On the boots website, it averages at about 3.5 stars out of 5, but I believe it is worth so much more than that, it is a fantastic product that I would recommend to anyone, providing it suits their skin type. Dry skin types may struggle with this as it is already a drying product designed to mattify and control oily skin types.

Obviously no7 is exclusive to boots only, so you can only purchase it from their stores or online at boots, which isn't much of a big deal really because there's a boots store everywhere you turn, even a no7 makeup stand in the majority of boots pharmacies, so you will not struggle to find it.

Thus concluding the review, I find this product sensational and would highly recommend it to those who struggle with oily/shiny complexions and need some grip for their makeup!

• Nivea Sun Tan Cream / Sun Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      01.07.2015 23:38

Advantages

• Works
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Excellent Sun Protection Range

I am not really brand loyal when it comes to sun cream - since it is a generally very expensive product, I tend to go with what is on offer. The one that I seem to go to most often though is the range from Nivea, which i actually think is a very good all round product.

The particular lotion I buy comes in the spray bottles and it is this that would make me buy the brand time and again. The sprays are very easy to use with a quick free moving pump action which is great because it means you can use it easily even when you have a hand full of sun cream, which I inevitably do. the spray nozzle is easy to clean as well, which makes it last longer.

The cream itself is easy to rub it and easy to get good cover with and I have never burnt when I have used it according to the instructions, which is brilliant. I like that it comes in a variety of different factors in both spray pump bottles and squirts bottles, which contain a slightly thicker creamy type product as opposed to the milkier type stuff you get in the sprays.

They do a range which is suitable for children as well which is particularly good because it comes in higher factors (30 to 50) and it comes in a version that is green until it soaks in so that you can see where you have out it and whether or not it has soaked in properly.

The lotion isn't cheap, but at around the eight pound mark, it isn't the most expensive on the market either. That said, it is more often than not on offer so that you can get a bottle for about £5, which I would say is very good value for money.

01.07.2015 23:35

Advantages

• "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't come with a printed manual"

Ideal first DSLR

This is a great camera especially if you are looking for your first DSLR. The image quality on this is great. The size is ideal, not too big to cause you a problem carrying around and even with the lens on it is still very comfortable to hold. There is a 40mm pancake lens available which would lessen the size even more depending on what you want to shoot. There are a lot of manual controls which will help you advance your knowledge of the camera but if you just want to point and shoot the Auto mode is excellent. Creative filters are also present and can be added to snaps already taken to view the effect.

The full 1080p video is available and looks excellent, and it has handy video editing options built in also. You will notice a big difference moving from a compact to this but you won't regret it - it really is a great piece of kit.

If I had to list some bad points I would say that there is mono sound only on video recording. You can however add another mike if required. The mono soud is fine on its own for Basic Video though. Also there isn't an articulated screen but I accept that this would have been difficult to fit on a camera of this size. These are just minor niggles and don't detract from the fact that it is a great little camera especially for the price. Highly recommended, ideal for capturing your memorable moments.

01.07.2015 23:29

Advantages

• "Wear for any occasion"

Striped jersey maxi dress

Although I am quite short I do love maxi dresses and think that they can look quite flattering especially if you wear them with heels. I have got quite a few long dresses but am always on the look out for new ones and you can often get them quite cheap. I will always take this type of maxi dress on holiday as you can roll it up to put in your suitcase and they don't usually crease and you can wear them both in the daytime and the evening.

I bought this dress from New Look in the sale and paid just £9.00 which I thought was a very good price. It is black and white stripes and it has a scoop neck and is sleeveless. It is made of jersey and it feels like a tee shirt material and is very comfortable to wear. I bought it in a size 18 as I tried the 16 on and it was a bit clingy and the 18 fitted me much better and is actually quite flattering.

The dress hangs well and doesn't cling or stick to my legs even when I am hot and it seems to be a generous cut without being baggy or bulky. You could add a thin cardigan or shawl over the top if you are wearing it at night and might need something else to wear on top. I have got a short sleeved white cardigan which I wore with it on holiday as the temperature dropped at night.

I have washed this dress in the washing machine at my usual 30 degrees and have dried it on a coat hanger and have found that it dries very quickly and doesn't need ironing. I think that this is a lovely pretty well made dress for the money and could be worn for both day and night time with a variety of uses. I do recommend this as a versatile dress for any occasion.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown