06.02.2016 17:42

Advantages

• silky
      • "beautiful finish"

Disadvantages

• "limited shade range"

great product

I love this product to pop over anything I'm wearing as a 'powder' almost. Except this has a silky finish and creates the most beautiful look. I apply it with the sponge provided and find it gives a lovely, smooth result, and on top of this it doesn't feel cakey or heavy, even after I've applied it on top of any foundation. I like that it's quite buildable and gives this dewy, simple effect. It's suitable for everyday but it might be good for a night out. The only thing I would mention is that the shades aren't very varied, and I wish there were some in-between shades, as the product itself is great. I've differed between Creamy Ivory and Warm Almond, and found Warm Almond is more suited to my skin; Creamy Ivory is probably a bit too pale for me, but is wonderful for those who are on the lighter side and can't find any foundation shades to suit their skintone. I'm more on the olive side so I like to stick with Warm Almond. I would recommend this product to anyone who likes a bit of coverage, but it doesn't feel cakey so it would be comfortable to wear day or night. If there were more shades available I would say I would definitely be repurchasing this as it's a cute compact and the product itself gives such a beautiful result. It doesn't feel drying and the lasting power is great. It's also handy for touchups if the product starts to wear off or perhaps more coverage is desired.

• Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      06.02.2016 17:32

Advantages

• cheap
      • "sets makeup"

Disadvantages

• drying

great product

I've seen and heard a lot about this product online as it's raved about a lot. When I purchased it the first thing I liked was that it's a relatively good price, so those who are just starting out with makeup or those at school ~ maybe with a low budget can have something to keep in their makeup kit. I like that it comes in a few good natural shades, however I just use the translucent shade as it doesn't interfere with the foundation etc. I like that it's got simple packaging, cute and compact with a screw on plastic lid. This sets my makeup and lasts quite a while. However, I've found that it can dry if a proper moisturizer isn't applied on prior to this and any makeup underneath. This can vary with different skin types and tones. It doesn't provide much additional coverage, but it's good for simply setting and evening anything out, whilst banishing shine and oiliness. Overall, I'd say this is a brilliant product for those who don't wish to spend absolutely loads on a product. but I'd also say this product is REALLY good for it's price and it seems to be very popular within all age ranges also. It's simple and does what it says on the tin, and many people I know have reached for this product. I'd say it is probably one of my go-to products if I'm just out during the day or wish to pop something on to set my makeup without disturbing it. I've found applying it with a big fluffy brush gives the best finish, whilst setting everything in place. I do recommend it.

• Star Plus / TV Channel / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      06.02.2016 17:31

Advantages

• "Ok OScar winner"

Disadvantages

• "Bit boroing"

Birdman - A film on Star Plus!

Stars – Michael Keaton & Ed Norton
      Oscars – 4 wins from its 9 nominations
      Awards – 170 Wins & 253 Nominations
      Amazon – £5.00 DVD £8.00 Blue Ray
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

So Birdman, officially the best film of 2015? Well, according to The Academy Awards it is. Recently they have increased the Best Film nominations to 10 on the day to be more inclusive of populist films but just window dressing as you know the boring talky issues and aimed at broadsheet critics movie is going to win anyway. Birdman is obviously not the best film of the year for the general public but you feel obliged to see it because it won the big one and three other Oscars so they must be right and you must be wrong. All the other award festivals followed suit and a heavily lobbied movie makes a lot more profit that it would have without that festival momentum leading up to The Oscars, taking $106 million to date. It almost certainly spent a big chunk of its $16million budget lobbying for those Oscars over Christmas and New Year. You may have noticed that most Oscar winners are released in late autumn or early January to avoid negative word of mouth from the people that actually matter. The punters. The last 10 Best Picture Winners are a mixed bunch: 12-Years A Slave, Argo, The Artist, The Kings Speech, The Hurt Locker, Slumdog Millionaire, No Country For Old Men, The Departed and Crash. Slumdog and Crash were the only ones I gave more than 3 stars to.

===Cast===

Lindsay Duncan as Tabitha Dickinson
      Merritt Wever as Annie
      Jeremy Shamos as Ralph

==Plot===

Riggan Thomson (Michael Keaton) is washed up actor who was famous two decades ago as comic book superhero Birdman. To get this mojo back he and his writer friend Jake (Zach Galifianakis) decide to put on a Broadway play and for Thomson to headline. When his big name co-star has a drug relapse in rehearsals, female lead Lesley Truman (Naomi Watts), recommends her current boyfriend in temperamental movie actor Mike Shiner (Edward Norton), who is soon making waves at the theatre with his obnoxious behavior when hired.

Riggan is dating younger co-star Laura Aulburn (Andrea Riseborough) whilst his ex wife Sylvia Thomson (Amy Ryan) is having her Broadway debut in the play thanks to Riggan. The family affair is completed with their pretty daughter Sam (Emma Stone) working as dads P/A and general dogsbody during the production. But dad is having self doubts about his ability to pull this off, haunted by his Birdman alto ego, lurking in the shadows telling him what a loser he is on stage and he should return to what he is good at, the movie star behind the mask.

Sam is soon hitting on Shiner, who seems disinterested in the challenge, more interesting in having real sex on stage under the sheets and insisting Riggan uses a real gun for the closing scene in the play for final rehearsals. But with curtain up nearing and Broadway’s most vicious critic promising to destroy his show regardless with a horrid review, only because she hates him and his untalented movie star kind dominating the Broadway stage, his self doubt Birdman in his ear more than ever with his Christian Bale Batman growl telling him to run away before he is exposed as a fake.

===Results===

Birdman winning an Oscar is classic self-indulgent Academy behavior awarding a likewise self indulgent movie about the industry they are in. I want to be wowed by the best film and I know you do. Birdman is OK but nothing special. Its well acted and paced in that subtle in-joke way that made the critics chortle but it’s not the sort of film the people want to see win Best Picture. Woody Allen does this knowing metropolitan talky relationship Manhattan showbiz comedy so much better and simply arty directors like Alejandro G. Iñárritu having a go at filling that void now that Woody Allen has forgotten how to do it. Mexcian born Iñárritu also did the rather tedious Oscar nominated Babel and 21 Grams and hot favorite for The Revenant this year.

I get that it’s a tongue-in-cheek pop at movie stars dominating Broadway stage shows these days to shift tickets, ‘the craft’ somewhat lost these days, making it on the stage some sort of validation these days for movie stars. I get that the likes of Michael Keaton set back the Comic Book genre by two decades with his Batman, clearly this a parody of his career somewhat, as is Norton’s obnoxious character, the real Ed Norton known as being temperamental and difficult on set. But that is niche humor and can’t be stretched for two hours.

The one continuous shot technique is impressive by the director and it has other technical merits too. And fairplay to the director for making this the first comedy to win the Academy Award for Best Picture since Shakespeare in Love (1998), 16 years earlier. Also the first comedy to win the Academy Award for Best Director since Annie Hall (1977), 37 years earlier. Sadly it was the first movie in 34 years to win a Best Picture Oscar without a coinciding Best Editing nomination. Again it’s a knowing insider’s movie aimed at winning the broadsheet movie press critics over, not the multiplex audience. The annoying gentle Jazz soundtrack drum solo throughout the film doesn’t help and it appears there only to get the only Black man in the movie.

This is the sort of movie that will appeal and be liked by a niche self-proclaimed erudite middle-class demographic that only watch it because they think they are as clever and observant to get it and won’t admit its just solid and nothing more. If you were inviting friends around you would not recommend Birdman. It’s an acting led talky movie with subtle humor that is too long and too subtle to recommend a film that justifies its status. It’s the type of film that wins Oscars but loses public support for The Oscars.

===RATINGS===

Imdb.com – 7.8/10.0 (356,234votes)
      Rottentomatos.com – 92% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – 78% critic’s approval

===Special Features===

-Birdman: Access all areas-

Behind the scenes stuff from cast & crew, the director a bit of a perfectionist.

-Gallery-

-Deleted Scenes-

As the film was shot so there would be no deleted scenes there is only one.

===Critics===

San Francisco Times –‘Light as an anvil, Birdman is a sometimes dazzling, often infuriating act of gaseous virtuosity. I was never sure if I should applaud or roll my eyes. A lot of the time I was doing both’.

Cinema Sight –‘Sterling performances, a thought-provoking premise and a gimmick that doesn't feel at all like one.

The Mail –‘But the film's running gag - narcissistic, insecure and attention-starved actors - eventually becomes woefully one-note’.

San Francisco Times –‘Whatever the film 'Birdman' is this unsettling black comedy, might be the greatest comeback by an actor in film history’.

Film Australia –‘ Admirably daring and filled with wonderfully vivid performances, Birdman also feels at times more like an exercise in style than a genuine emotional experience’.

The Melbourne Herald –‘Michael Keaton is astounding in this brilliantly conjured piece of stream-of-consciousness cinema by Mexican director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu...Prepare to be enthralled, dazzled, delighted and disturbed’.

===========

• L'Oreal True Match Powder / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      06.02.2016 17:10

Advantages

• "extra coverage"
      • "evens out skintone"

Disadvantages

• "can be quite drying"

A brilliant product

I've found this is one of the best drugstore powders I've come across, partially because of the extra coverage built in with this powder when applied. I have mild acne and I've found when I apply this on top of my regular foundation, it evens out everything and gives more coverage to the parts of my face needed. I am also impressed with my shade and the shades in general available. There are shades to suit every undertone which means finding a shade to suit you will be easier than most, particularly in the drugstore. I apply this with the sponge provided and find it gives a great finish. I have also applied this with a big fluffy brush and found the results are almost the same. It gives a natural finish while giving a little extra coverage. If extra coverage is desired, patting the sponge onto the face with a rolling motion will help cover and keep the product in place. If little product is desired, sweeping the product with a big brush will help even out things and set any product underneath, whilst still letting the natural skin come through. This, however, does a great job of doing that regardless of what technique is applied. I am impressed with this powder and will be coming back to repurchase as I've yet to find a good setting powder that gives me that extra coverage I desire. I enjoy that it's not too cakey. It can be quite drying if a proper moisturizer isn't applied prior to this and any other products underneath, however this will most likely vary depending on the consumers skin type and tone. I'd say definitely give it a try!

06.02.2016 17:02

Advantages

• "beautiful lashes"
      • "natural finish"

Disadvantages

Amazing product

I've found that this is one of the best mascaras I've used, coming hand in hand with Rimmels Day 2 Night. The reason I love this product is the mascara doesn't go on too thick or clumpy, and it creates a pretty doe-eyed look when applied correctly. I like to apply this to the outer lashes to create a lengthened illusion, making the eyes look wide eyed and elongated. I have long lashes anyway, and to apply this is almost like a dream, as I've found some mascaras can look too thick and almost close in the eye, making them look smaller. This gives a subtle natural finish whilst still defining and lengthening the lashes. I've received many compliments on my eyes when I wear this mascara, partly because its so natural looking, but it still gives the results I want. No clumpiness or ridiculous looking spider lashes. I've found I don't suit overpowering, separated lashes, and rather I stick to the fluttery, fluffy, natural looking lashes, which as I've stated I receive with this product. I'm glad I came across this product and it stated the product would 'define and lengthen' and that it did. I will be repurchasing this product along with the Rimmel one, as these two are the ones I haven't been disappointed in when it comes to achieving the look that most mascaras should do. It gives good length, definition and definitely is something to look out for if you want lashes without too much drama, but tons of definition.

06.02.2016 15:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Fabulous Series

I really enjoyed this show when it initially aired on TV and was very excited, many years later, to come across it on DVD. It was just as fabulous the second time around (and the third and the forth...!) and I had to purchase all of the series. The show is so cheesy, unrealistic and so over the top but it just works perfectly. The characters are pretty superficial although there are hidden depths to some of them. The episodes will make you laugh out loud and also cringe at the antics of some of the characters, some of whom you can empathise with, but many of whom you will just love to hate!

There are some serious issues in the show, such as domestic violence (between Tanya and Jason Turner) and adoption (with Donna Walmsley trying to find the son she and her husband Ian had adopted when they were much younger), but it is still very much a feel good series. It's very easy viewing

06.02.2016 14:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

Easy but compelling viewing

This show is great and definitely deserves the full five stars I have given it. I watched it when it was first shown on TV and then I bought the DVD as soon as it was available. I could watch the series over and over again without getting bored. It is easy viewing, not scary (considering it is a murder mystery) and suitable for a wide range of ages. I like the fact that it is easy to understand and follow, unlike some other murder mystery shows. The scenes of the Caribbean beaches where Death in Paradise is set are beautiful and the theme tune is so upbeat and uplifting that you can't help but dance and hum along to it! I found the characters likeable, with great chemistry between them, particularly between Richard and Camille. There is a different murder mystery each week, with the story between the main characters continuing throughout the series, with you willing the two main characters to tell each other how they feel about each other. The series is funny in places, especially the main character, Detective Inspector Richard Poole, who has come from England, insists on wearing a full suit on the beach in the roasting Caribbean heat, and can be very grumpy! Dwayne also brings chuckles to each episode. The shows follow the pattern of: a murder being reported or discovered, an investigation and a big Poirot- style reveal at the end. I would strongly recommend this DVD as it is a fab feel good show.

• Panasonic TX-P46VT20B / Plasma TV / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      06.02.2016 12:09

Advantages

• lifelong

Disadvantages

• "too big"

really good

i personally think this tv was good, but i think it wouldve been better if it was a little bit smaller. the reason for that is that i personally dont like really big tv. but i think the main thing that caught my attention about this tv is the fact that the picture is very clear, almost sparkling, you dont get many tvs where the high definition is that good.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      06.02.2016 09:40

Advantages

• "regular order updates"
      • "excellent customer service"
      • "great quality"
      • "custom made"

Disadvantages

Very happy with the whole experience of purchasing from PC Specialist

I am really pleased with my laptop, and the company were great to deal with. The regular progress updates on the order were very welcome, and I enjoyed keeping track of which stage the laptop was at! I received the laptop the day after the email to say it had been despatched. It was very well packaged. The laptop shell is lovely- it is light and thin. I am used to a Mac, but did not want to pay for an overpriced macbook! I have enjoyed exploring my laptop, and feel it is very good value. It is incredibly fast, and I really like Windows 10 so far!

• NAD C350 / Amplifier / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      05.02.2016 23:52

Advantages

• "bass is clear"
      • "clear audio"
      • "very loud"

Disadvantages

• "not aesthetically pleasing"
      • bulky

Good product. worth the money. Works with dubstep etc. The best. Bulky

i am very impressed with the amplified sounds of this product. Though being very bulky and, in my opinion, is not aesthetically pleasing. I think this as the black background contrasts with the red at the front alongside the other colours etc. Alternatively, on the audible side, the bass is VERY loud and generally clear - audibly it is aesthetically pleasing. When compared to other amplifiers, it is a lot louder (And noticeably louder too.) alongside being slightly more clear. The amplifiers tend to work well with all genres of music, and there are no genres which do not sound good and nice. The genres they work best with are that made through technology - as 'real instruments' such as drums and saxophones etc. (generally used more in classical and older music.) do not sound as clear - just a lot louder than with normal speakers. However, on the contrary, the amplification when concerning bass and generally 'techno sounds' is incredible. the sound is extremely loud and the sound is crystal clear. The sound felt as if it were 3D - as if it were part of a professional show - which is very impressive for a product. To improve the product i would advise to take into consideration the visible aesthetic of the product - and possibly make it less bulky and a bit lighter - as the black can be viewed as depressing - without diminishing the overall audible values of the product beforehand. worth the money - well done.

• Challenge TV / TV Channel / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      05.02.2016 21:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

QUALITY

Teens will be interested to see once-famed Real World and Road Rules cast members come back in a more-competitive setting, but parents need to know that the series, like its predecessors, emphasizes sex, partying, and conflict. Past rivalries, new loves, and old flames add to the drama, and there's no shortage of love and hate among teammates and competitors. All parties involved come across in a negative light as they struggle with teamwork, creating alliances, and backstabbing one another. Disrespect and fighting is not only expected, but tolerated by the producers of the series.

For all the effort these reality TV alums put themselves through, the prize seems small. But many of the stand-out members have been invited back for other challenges or to participate in other off-shoots of MTV programming -- keeping them afloat on the celebrity D-list.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      05.02.2016 21:17

Advantages

• "Great value for money"
      • "Great customer service"

Disadvantages

Overall, really happy with PcSpecialist, it's a large business but still has a personal feel

After weighing up competitors, I purchased a 15in custom laptop and it does exactly what I need. The Delivery was through DPD, they sent me a text with an hour slot and i could track the order throughout so that was great. From placing the order to receiving the product it did take longer than the estimated figures but was likely because I placed the order so close to christmas eve. Any issue I had was handled by one person directly which was great too.

• Ercol Ravenna Medium sofa / Furniture / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      05.02.2016 21:06

Advantages

Disadvantages

Ercol! NEVER AGAIN

Our complaint regarding badly fitting cushions and puckering material on 2 Ravenna Sofas (1 Medium & 1 Small) bought from a retailer was dismissed. They sent a Technician from Ecomaster to check the sofas and reported back it was not a manufacturing issue. Even though we said that we were not happy with the report outcome the retailer said the matter was closed and if we were not satisfied "Go to the Citizens Advice Bureau".
      We contacted the Furniture Ombudsman for them to inspect the Sofas and their report said that our complaint was justified. This report too was rejected even though it stated that the shape of the seat inners were very poor and parts were required to replace the seat pad inners. Regular and effective dressing would enhance the overall appearance. (dressing means stripping off the cushion covers as required to straighten up the fabric) We also contacted Ercol direct just to be told that it was legally not their problem and to take the retailers advice to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.
      ADVANTAGES style. Disadvantages poor build quality.

• Curtains / Furniture / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      05.02.2016 17:41

Advantages

• "Exquisite curtains"

Disadvantages

• "I do not see where the flaws"

Exquisite curtains and worth buying, light color, unusual and beautiful detail،

05.02.2016 16:27

Advantages

• "really does work"

Disadvantages

really does work

I have had problems with bleeding gums for a wile with also having diabetes i have trouble healing, No other toothpaste or mouth wash did it. I was using the corsodyl mouth wash first for two weeks like it is said how to use it, then i changed to the corsodyl daily mouth wash,then i was told about this toothpaste. Now when i put it on my brush i was shocked with the color it looked like a light brown, then i read what was in this and i did find the taste off putting at first i was gagging. You do get use to the taste, but the only downfall i did not like is i never add salt to my food has i don't like the taste.so i can always taste the salt more in this toothpaste. But it does leave your teeth really clean,i can feel my gums just after 3 days of using this are getting tighter and less bloody and i never got this feeling with just the mouth wash and normal toothpaste and that is what help me stick to the strange taste. plus i washed it out with the mouth wash that helped. so i give it 5 star for how it works.but 2 for the taste.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown