• Co-operative Bank / Bank / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 21:36

Advantages

• "Ethical trading"
      • "Friendly staff"
      • "UK call centers"

Disadvantages

Great, ethical, personal banking

There are a lot of things that I love about the co-operative bank. Firstly they trade ethically which is something that means a lot to me. I feel that ignorance is not bliss. Most people don't mind their savings being invested in companies supplying despots in Africa as long as they get a decent interest rate and are none the wiser. However I feel quite strongly about this and get a peace of mind knowing that co-op will invest my money in an ethical manner.

Secondly I like the personal touch that co-op has. It;s face to face services are good and there staff are friendly and helpful. I remember walking into a HSBC bank and asking a question and then being directed to a phone and told to press a certain number. I hate the automated banking crap that most big banks use.

Thirdly there call centers are in the UK and you can clearly converse with the person at the end of the phone. Priceless.

25.01.2015 21:30

Advantages

• "Has fresh fragrance"
      • Inexpensive

Disadvantages

Keeps My Dogs Lovely And Fresh!

My two dogs go on long walks on a daily basis and tend to get up to all sorts of things. My spaniel has a longer coat in the winter and tends to wade through muddy pools whilst my terrier seems to have a knack at finding the smelliest spots to roll in! They also meet a lot of other dogs and have brought home a few flea hitchhikers on a couple of occasions! Needless to say my dogs both need regular baths. One of the places I regularly shop at for pet supplies is Wilkinsons (or Wilkos). They have a wide range of affordable and good quality products to choose from.

In terms of shampoo it's actually quite hard to find an inexpensive flea repellent shampoo. Pets at Home tend to charge exorbitant prices whilst any shampoos sold in the supermarkets tend to be big brand name products with a high price tag too. Wilkinson's own make flea shampoo is only £2.50 though and after using it regularly I can testify that it's of a great quality.

The shampoo comes in a 250ml sized transparent recyclable bottle with a easy flip up top. This can be quite handy when you are trying to keep a bath-hating dog steady with one hand and only have one hand free to hold the shampoo bottle! The liquid is a thick and gooey and is a pale green colour. It flows easily so it's easy to squeeze out and into the dogs' fur. It can be agitated into a foam very easily too and it turns into a thick, creamy lather.

The fragrance of the shampoo is not particularly appealing to my dogs (surprise, surprise!) but I find it rather pleasant. It's not a scent I'd ever associate with anything other than dog shampoos, however! It does have a fresh, herbal fragrance which is suitable for both male and female dogs. It is detectable after the dogs have been dried and for perhaps a week afterwards.

I use this to help my dogs stay clean and flea free and I'm happy to say that they rarely have fleas and during any infestation period I will wash the dogs with this shampoo more regularly and it works!

I would recommend this shampoo to any dog owners as it's inexpensive, nice smelling and effective at cleaning my pups and keeping them flea free. The product is available online at Wilko or in high street stores.

• Sony MDR-ZX300L / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 21:22

Advantages

• "Good frequency response"
      • "Noise cancelling"
      • "Balanced sound"
      • "Look great"

Disadvantages

• "Not as well made as you'd hope from Sony"
      • "cable tangle"

Great for the price

These headphones are great for the price. Balanced sound and do cancel the noise, even if not as good as other specially made Noise Cancelling headphones. However, for the price these are probably some of the best headphones you can get for under £30. Come in different colors, which gives them a personal note. Good driver and great frequency response - so you can finally clearly hear that nice treble on the good old jazz.
      The downside, however, is the cable - with a more quality cable the headphones sound quality could have been much better and could have helped with the old' tangled wire' problem. I guess this would have, however, added to the price. Also, the plastic is not necessarily the best quality and they don't really 'mould' to your head shape. That said, the head pieces do fixate quite well on your ears and help cancelling the old commuting noise on the train or bus - and they are quite comfortable too.
      All together, if you want an affordable pear of headphones without loosing any of the sound quality (as with other similarly priced headphones) this is your buy. I was presently surprised to see what a great sound they put out for such a small price.
      They usually come in a 3.5 jack input - which usually fits most music devices, but you can easily find a transformers online for cheap if needed for the odd out devices with bigger or smaller input.
      Hope this helps!

25.01.2015 21:13

Advantages

• "Dogs enjoy playing with them"

Disadvantages

• "Rubber turns black over time"

Dogs Enjoy Playing With These!

I have two dogs, an English Springer Spaniel and a Terrier Cross and they are both dogs who love playing with different types of toys. They have toys that they like to chew, toys they like to fetch and they have toys that they just like to carry. This rubber ring from Wilko falls into the latter category.

I have actually bought a few of these rubber rings. They cost me £1.99 each and all of the rings I have purchased have been bright yellow. The rings are comprised of a rather heavy, dense rubber and their diameter is similar to that of a tea-plate.

My dogs, particularly the spaniel, like to pick these rings up and simply walk around with them in their mouths. I gather their round shape and slightly wobbly consistency makes the rings unsuitable for a long chewing session. However, the dogs will still bite down on these quite hard as the rings are indented with teeth marks! My terrier often drops the ring onto the ground and watches it bounce slightly before jumping at it and carrying it around again!

The rubber on these rings tends to develop a strange slightly bubbled texture over time and unfortunately all of my rings have turned an unsightly black colour. I'm not sure why this happens but the black colour is not washable on the ring. It's not an outer coating of dirt it's the actual rubber that seems to blister and mold. At a certain stage the rings then need to be thrown out due to this.

However, the rings last long enough to justify their price and I will gladly purchase more of these in the future because my pets enjoy to play with them. You can find them in the pet product aisle in Wilkinsons on the high street or search the online store at:

www.wilko.com

25.01.2015 21:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

Perfect foundation

I swear by my Rimmel London match perfection foundation. It states on the bottle 'for truer fresher colour' and it could not be more accurate. I have a 1 fl oz or 30 ml bottle and it has lasted me over 5 months and I wear this almost daily so you get so much use out of just one 30 ml bottle and it cost me £5.40 from my local super drug store. I use the colour ivory and I have a very pale white skin base and it is a perfect match for me. It comes up on my skin about 3 shades darker but looks so natural at the same time. The only problem is with this type of liquid fondation you need to be aware that it can make your skin appear greasy if you already have greasy skin I wouldn't reccomend this product. The foundation liquid comes out with ease and is applied and goes on the skin really easily to and smells great really floral scented which most foundations don't smell of any thing or smell really bad on skin. You only need to use small amounts to cover your full face as it lathers out really well and spreads a lot with just one drop. It's my favourite foundation that I have stuck with and used for years now. Rimmel london is a great brand and although it seems expensive it really isn't that expensive and if it is then it is well worth the price.

25.01.2015 20:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

One of my Favorites.

I was recently bought the vera wang pink princess perfume as a gift over christmas period and it wasn't something I have ever tried or thought about trying before, I have never tried any vera wang products before and now I have started a complete haul on vera wang because I loved this perfume so much. It was only £12.99 at a local BnM's store but around £20-30 in any perfume or drug stores so save yourself some money if your going to try this product and get down to your local B and M store. The bottle is very attractive and appealing heart shaped with a silver crown lid and sparkly pink glitter but I have to say I was no impressed after picking the bottle up and then looking at my hands.. the glitter liturally comes off and sticks every where and is so difficult to get off, even now I am finding peaces of glitter around my room and in my bag from the bottle. But this is the only down side to the product that I have to complain about because the bottle it self is beautiful and appealing and the scent is brilliant a really strong sweet smell that kind of reminds me of katy perry killer queen perfume so if you like that product then you will most likely love the Vera wang one to. I have nothing to complain about with a really cheap price and the perfume smells and looks amazing it's become one of my daily essentials.

• The Body Shop Cranberry Body Butter / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 20:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

beautiful scent, go body shop.

This product in my opinion is one of those product that you will either love or hate .. I love the product and the smell. Most people I know who have purchased the cranberry body butter have loved the scent in the pot but hated the scent once applied to the body, me on the other hand can't get enough of this cream! The smell is so sweet and powerful and once applied and settled to your skin is really bitter and sweet smelling at the same time which I loved. I loved that the smell lingered on my skin for hours after but i found my only problem with the product was that the lotion / butter took quite a while to dry in and settle on my skin, which was quite uncomfortable if your not patient like me. But maybe i just apply to much? Over all love the scent of the product. The packaging is lovely and really appealing also, the dark red almost purple packaging pot was great. I love the body shop packaging on products I think they are really attractive and appealing. The texture of the product is perfect it is really creamy and thick and lathers really well on the body when applied and doesn't leave your hands greasy after using the body butter like most would usually do and at a price of £12 I would say don't buy unless you really like the scent of the product because it would be a waste of money otherwise.

• Makita 5704RK / Power Saw / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 20:36

Advantages

• "Great clean cutter"
      • "Comfortable to hold"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "

Fantastic machine? Great for cutting loft panels or wiid planks

I was lent this saw by my father when Inbought a new house. I needed to floor the loft of my new house in order to create storage space for a lot of hour belongings. We were moving from rented to outer first owned house. We were moving to a smaller property with a lot less space.

I bought loft panels from B and Q and I needed to cut them in order for them to fit between the beams in my loft. At first I tried using a standard orange handled hand saw put it was taking ages and to be honest I'm a pen oushervand not used to physical work.

So my dad came to the rescue with this circular saw. He also lent me a workmate which is another product I fully recommend.

The circular saw is fantastic. It cut through the loft panels like a knife through butter. It was easy to use, had a fm goid length lead which easily found it's way to a nearby socket and it was comfortable to hold.

A couple of months later my spare bed broke ( not what you think). And it needed to be repaired. So I used the machine to cut wood planks into smaller pieces which I could screw to the bottom of the bed to hold it in place. Again the saw did the job with ease. The saw has loads of functikns and comes with a clearly written and easy to use instruction manual.

25.01.2015 20:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Leave your feet feeling fresh

The lush running to the embassy butter isn't like any ordinary body butter which is why I was drawn into buying the product along with all my other extensive lush collection at home. The body butter was in a cube shape that held it's form not like an ordinary body butter which is more of a thick textured cream in a tub or pot. I found that this butter was used for the feet and I love to keep my feet pampered as much as possible as I draw damage to my feet by wearing silly shoes so often. My opinion on this product is that it does exactly what it say's it is supposed to and really delivers although I have to say I don't like the sand grains that stick to your foot after use. The smell of the bar is great, really strong and minty scent which sticks to your feet and leaves a long lasting smell. The product does so well at scrubbing and exfoliating your feel especially the rough souls of your feet and leaves you skin feeling so soft and fresh after use. Like all butter formed product from lush though it does tend to melt like crazy so I use a method where I will stick my product in the fridge in a container and cut off small pieces at a time when i am going to use them, itself of using the whole bar at one time and causing it to melt away. Cost £4 for a bar and this product was out last year and unfortunately don't sell this in lush stores any more which is a shame.

• Dragonfly Rooibos Vanilla Tea Bags / Tea / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 20:29

Advantages

• "caffeine free"
      • warming
      • delicious

Disadvantages

• "not widely available"

Comforting and warming, with a smooth taste and appealing fragrance.

Dragonfly Tea Vanilla Rooibos is one of my most favourite things right now. I'd go as far as saying I'm addicted to it!

Rooibos or Redbush, is a South African bush, traditionally picked and prepared a little like tea to make a warming and comforting hot beverage. Its great advantage over tea is that, while it can be drunk with milk (though I have it as it is) and has a similar mouth-feel to tea, it is entirely free of caffeine. It's perfect for people who love a cuppa, but want or need to cut back on their caffeine intake. It certainly helped me to wean myself off 8-10 cups of caffeinated green tea per day!

Rooibos can be an acquired taste. Some years ago the only person I knew who drank it was my line manager at work. She called it 'compost tea'. It certainly has a distinctive, earthy, slightly organic smell, which some can find off-putting. The added vanilla here (Madagascan Bourbon vanilla, according to the packaging), helps to cut through the 'composty' smell and make it more appealing.

I like rooibos as it is, but I really love vanilla rooibos. The spice adds a hint of sweetness to the fragrance of the tea and provides a rounded flavour. This Dragonfly version is, as described on the packaging, 'velvety smooth'. It's ideal after dinner in lieu of a pudding and compliments a square or two of dark chocolate really well. Delicious!

Rooibos is prepared exactly as tea. According to the packaging, one should infuse a teabag in freshly boiled water for three to four minutes. And it can be served with or without milk. As mentioned above, I drink it without (I tend to drink 'normal' tea without too), but I don't brew it quite as long as suggested; I like it a little weaker. Perhaps one to two minutes?

One big advantage of rooibos over the tea I used to habitually drink with meals, is that unlike the former, it doesn't inhibit iron absorption. In fact it actually contains a little bit of iron itself. Perfect for me, as it was recently found that I'm borderline anaemic.

Dragonfly Vanilla Rooibos isn't cheap and isn't very widely available - I've really only seen it in health food shops and larger supermarkets, but it really is worth a try if you're looking for a soothing caffeine-free alternative to a good cuppa char.

25.01.2015 20:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great product and great price

The Radox Moisture Soak Bath Soak is one of many in my radox collection. This one isn't my favorite but a very close third for many reasons. The product its self promotes a pampering bath that will leave your skin smooth and keep you relaxed during your bath. I found the radox moisture bath soak worked so well with my skin, leaving my skin very soft and delicate to the touch. The product lathers really well and so you don't need to use a lot of the product during one bath. My bottle lasted around 3 to 4 weeks by single use which in my opinion is amazing as I'm so used to running out of body bath products very quickly. The product it self is very light and delicate on the skin, I have very problematic skin and so I wasn't sure on using this scented product but I am glad I did because it is now one of my favorites from the radox bath product range along with the muscle soak and stress relief which I shall review soon. The product is sold in many stores, I bought my product from asda down the beauty and bath section for just £1 for a big bottle. Such a great price especially because it last's so long. The colour of the gel is a soft light pink color which is very appealing and one of the main reasons i bought the product and the scent is a lovely scent as well not to harsh but not to subtle either and lingered on skin after wards.

• Acer Aspire 8000 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 20:12

Advantages

• "Works ok"

Disadvantages

• "Sometimes turns off"

For each transaction, the contributor receives 25-50% Revenue Share, which is calculated based on the net sales amount for the transaction. Exclusive files receive an additional 10 % bonus, while exclusive contributors enjoy a 60 % Revenue Share for all sales and an additional bonus of $0.20 for each approved submission.

Any contributor may request payment as soon as the balance has reached $100 and the contributor submits a payment request from the Management Area.Anyone can join our community and sell their photos, images and/or videos. Just create an account and upload your media files. Don`t forget to check our terms here. Also, you can always find more details on how to upload images and videos in our FAQ section. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to select our content and we accept only quality files after assessing them technically, aesthetically and commercially.

25.01.2015 19:33

Advantages

• "Tastes fresh"
      • "Cooks quickly"
      • "Thin and crispy base"

Disadvantages

• "More tomato would be nice"

This crispy frozen pizza doesn't disappoint

I love pizza, and despite being initially put off the idea of frozen versions, I am converted to them now. They are not all created equal of course, but Dr Oetkers Ristorante pizzas are definitely amongst the best. My favourite is the classic and vegetarian mozzarella variety. It's versatile because while there is plenty of topping, the flavours also make a great base for any fresh ingredients you want to add yourself.

The Ristorante pizza has a thin and crispy base that is a perfect texture for me. It colours up nicely - no pale and doughy bases here. I love the fact it tastes perfectly fresh, despite having been frozen, which means I can have the convenience of buying a long time ahead and the taste of a chilled pizza at the same time.

I am happy with the amount of topping which includes edam as well as mozzarella cheese plus tomato pieces and dots of basil pesto. I would like a little more tomato morsels myself but the tomato sauce is plentiful and tasty. So does this taste restaurant quality? Well restaurant pizzas tend to have a bit more seasoning but I actually prefer the simpler taste of Dr Oetkers. I add a touch more basil to my portion, but I wouldn't call it bland. It's certainly well presented with circles of mozzarella evenly distributed and the basil adding an attractive touch of colour. And it smells gorgeous as it cooks, with a particularly appetising cheese aroma. Frozen pizza doesn't feel a compromise for conveniences sake when you catch a waft of that.

This isn't the cheapest option but one 335g pizza serves two comfortably and feels genuinely satisfying. You can expect to pay around 2.99 at full price but it is so often on offer in one supermarket or another, that I have almost never paid that much. Being frozen means you can safely stock up on it and it won't run out of date quickly.

If you like pizza with a proper crispy base and plenty of cheese, this is well worth a try. It's ready in just 10-13 minutes from frozen, which makes it a great standby meal or hearty snack. If you add extra topping it may take longer if you put a lot on. It's not low fat at 23.4g per half pizza but no one expects this sort of thing to be good for you. So not for dieters but a tasty treat in moderation for everyone else.

25.01.2015 19:09

Advantages

• Affordable
      • "Subtle scent"
      • Effective
      • " alcohol and aluminium free"
      • Paraben

Disadvantages

• "Isn't an anti-perspirant"

Effective, subtle and affordable

I've been using Sanex Zero 0% Extra effective deodorant for a number of months and have been really very impressed. It isn't an antiperspirant so you will experience some sweatiness if you exert yourself, but that's a minor quibble as far as I'm concerned. Unlike a lot of the 'natural' mineral-based deodorants (crystals, etc.), it isn't sticky and it isn't strongly fragranced (something I can't stand). I find it doesn't interfere with my eau de toilette.

It claims to be effective for up to 48 hours - I seriously doubt that; I find it's lost its efficacy by the end of the day, but who needs a 48 hour deodorant anyway?!

However, the biggest reason for choosing this product is that it is aluminium, alcohol and paraben free. The latter is a controversial issue. A small study carried out some years ago found parabens in cancerous breast tumours (it is worth noting that the researchers didn't examine healthy breast tissue during the course of the study), but regardless of the perceived health risks, it's probably a good thing to cut down on our use of petro-chemicals, from which synthetic parabens are derived.

I've long experienced sensitivity (and sometimes quite severe reactions) to conventional antiperspirant deodorants, which I suspect has been caused by aluminium and/or alcohol. Consequently, this 0% product is gentle on my underarm skin and has saved me the agony of constant itching and soreness that characterised my past experiences with spray deodorants.

Aesthetically, the design of the product is fairly low key and subtle - the designers were clearly aiming for a 'natural' look, with blues and greens used and various aspects of the product (0% and 'natural mineral') emphasised.

25.01.2015 18:55

Advantages

• "Easily available"
      • "Paraben and phthalate free"
      • Effective

Disadvantages

• "Distinctive smell"
      • "A little greasy"

Affordable and very effective.

I adore Palmer's products. I appreciate that some people might find the cocoa butter scent (quite chocolatey!) a little strong, but I really like it. This particular product works wonders on my chapped knuckles and cracked heels. It can be a little greasy, but I find that the lighter creams just don't work as effectively as Palmer's Concentrated Cream does. Even better, it's easy to get hold of; I've seen it at Boots, Wilkinsons and various supermarkets.

The size of the tube is perfect to slip into your bag so that, if like me, you find the soap in public loos really harsh on sensitive hands, you can quickly and easily 'send in' Palmer's to the rescue.

The product is really economical too. A tiny amount goes a long way. And because it is a quite substantial cream, it spreads easily so you can ensure that it's well distributed.

In aesthetic terms, if you're looking for packaging that looks sophisticated and appealing, well, like all Palmer's products, you'll be disappointed. The product design is a little dated and more closely resembles a pharmacy-type product than a beauty item - it's not attractive. But if you prefer substance over style, you won't be disappointed with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Concentrated Cream.

I've been using this and other Palmer's products for YEARS, and have never been disappointed. This is an affordable and highly effective product, which I hope remains in production for a very long time yet. I'm not sure what I'll do if it ever ceases production!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown