• Philips Senseo HD7870/60 / Coffee Machine / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.12.2014 01:17

Advantages

• Reliability

Disadvantages

Really easy to use and makes a great cuppa

We got this a few months ago and it's been brilliant.
      The best advice I can give is use filtered water ,if not you
      will need to flush it through , for the best cuppa.
      The only problem is lack of choice in the shops for
      refills.Buy online its easier.

I bought the Philips Senseo Coffee maker only 2 weeks ago. The product was delivered in just 2 days and it makes a fantastic cup of coffee.
      However, after 2 weeks the machine just stopped working. I phoned Homebase on the number available on this site, which, incidentally, was quite straight forward and quick, and they asked me, if I would like my money back or a brand new replacement. I chose the replacement because, believe me, this machine makes a great cup of coffee and is very easy to use. I really can't see anything at all in this Senseo coffee machine that displeases me.
      A delivery and exchange (a new Senseo coffee machine) was arranged for the following day, yes, that's right, the very next day.
      Needless to say, the faulty machine was picked up and a brand new machine delivered, as promised. A great customer service, well done, Homebase.

• Asus F200MA-KX080D / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.12.2014 01:13

Advantages

• "good color rates"
      • "The brightness of 175 cd/m²"
      • "Input Devices"
      • "The lid's back is structured"

Disadvantages

• "offer limited"
      • "The screen's low brightness"

it's good but I like more lenovo here

We used the Lenovo IdeaPad S215 (AMD A4-5000, Radeon HD 8330) and Toshiba Satellite NB10t-A (Celeron N2810, HD Graphics (Bay Trail)) to classify the netbook.

Case & Connectivity

Asus packs the F200MA's technology in a snow-white, plastic casing. The device is available in other colors. The casing has a solid build and does not exhibit any particular instabilities. It can only be warped marginally below the touchpad - but that is possible in most laptops. The lid's back proves to be sensitive for pressure. Image distortions are provoked easily. The hinges keep the lid firmly in position. Asus does not treat the little laptop to a maintenance cover, and the battery is incorporated into the device. In terms of interfaces, the F200MA does not have anything special to offer and provides the ports that most laptops feature nowadays. Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is pre-loaded. We did not experience any problems with Wi-Fi reception. The connection was always stable.

• Lenovo Thinkpad W500 4062 / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.12.2014 01:06

Advantages

• "Battery life span"
      • "excelent graphics and display"
      • "an easy machine to use"
      • "good ram"

Disadvantages

• "coolor runs of usb"

I recommend it to all is very easy to use this machine and provides good

All the technical details have been listed separately at amazon.com under the product description.

Technical Details

* 15.6-Inch LED Display, Intel Core i7 2820QM processor;
      * Standard Warranty: 3 Year Limited
      * 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 1333 MHz; 500 GB Hard Drive, Serial ATA-300, 7200 rpm
      * PCI Express x16, NVIDIA Quadro 1000M/Intel HD Graphics 3000, 2GB shared and dedicated
      * SD Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card

* Wireless Type: 802.11n

Warranty and Support

• Dell Studio 15 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.12.2014 01:00

Advantages

• "Two headphone jacks"
      • "Battery life span"
      • "Laptop speakers amazing"
      • "Facial recognition when you login"
      • "HDMI OUTputs"
      • "Good ram"

Disadvantages

• "coolor runs of usb"

Overall, this laptop is very good easy to use I recommend it to all.

One of many great things about the Studio line is that you can opt for a third-party graphics card to give your system some video and gaming oomph, unlike with the lower-end Inspirons. Granted, Dell only currently offers the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 as an option for the Studio 15, but this midrange graphics engine delivered a respectable 2,085 on our 3DMark06 test at 1,024x768 resolution. It also churned out an average 16 frames per second (fps) on our F.E.A.R. test (run at the same resolution). If you need better gaming performance than that, the similarly priced Toshiba Satellite A305-S6845 delivered higher frame rates on the more visually complex Company of Heroes (31fps at 1,024x768), thanks to its 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 graphics.

In addition to solid performance, the Studio packs plenty of features. An optional LED-backlit 15.4-inch wide-screen display pumps out bright, rich color, and you can choose among three resolutions when configuring your system. (Ours was the midrange 1,440x900 version.) At our test unit's price, you get 2GB of RAM to go with a top-shelf Core 2 Duo T9300 processor. Unfortunately, the Studio in its current configuration misses out on the recently launched Centrino 2 technology.

There are almost too many additional bells and whistles to mention. A slot-loaded DVD burner is a nice, clean touch; plus, you can upgrade to a Blu-ray reader/DVD±RW for an additional $200. The Studio's keyboard, which has a nice, soft feel yet plenty of traction, offers two brightness levels courtesy of its backlight. Meanwhile, connection options include an HDMI port for high-definition output, five USB ports, FireWire, and a multiformat memory-card reader, as well as a PC Card slot that doubles as a place to stow the included media remote control. Connectivity includes built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and wireless wide-area-network (WWAN) options. You also get a built-in 2-megapixel Webcam residing above the screen. Our unit came with the optional fingerprint reader for extra security, but it appears you cannot add it to the lowest-price configuration Dell has available on its Web site. Instead, you'll need to choose a configuration with 3GB of RAM to have the fingerprint reader installed on your system.

Besides MS Works, Dell also throws in some nifty utilities like Video Chat, the new Dell Dock (a desktop launcher bar a la Mac OS X), and Media Direct (a multimedia tool, much like Apple's Front Row, that you can call up via one of the touch-sensitive buttons above the keyboard). Unlike similar touch-sensitive controls on other machines, however, the ones on the Studio we tested actually work, which was a welcome surprise. Still, we wish Dell had included a software volume meter to correspond with the pressing of the buttons, since we had to resort to using the Windows volume meter just to see where our volume was preset every time.

Audio from the stereo speakers was loud, but a bit tinny and distorted at top volume. DVD playback was clear and smooth. And the included six-cell battery lasted 2 hours and 6 minutes on our DVD drain test.

27.12.2014 00:37

Advantages

• "Does really calm the senses."
      • " gentle fragrance."
      • "Smells lovely"

Disadvantages

• " may be a bit rich and oily for some skins."
      • "Very expensive"

Definitely worth a try for a treat :)

I love this moisturiser and it was the first of the Hydra Zen range I had tried. The first thing that captivates you when you open the lid is its lovely gentle scent - very feminine and has a hint of a soapy floral scent. I did actually feel more relaxed and calmer after smelling the cream and it does stay with you after you have applied it.
      The cream is a light pinkish colour, which is nice, the cream itself is quite thick I feel personally, and after applying it there is a slight sheen to my face. Even when I use it in the winter I find my face just shines up - I have combination skin, and even when I apply this to my dry parts, the cheeks, there is still shine. So I would say that the cream can be a bit too much for combination oily skins. On the other hand, it certainly is long lasting and very moisturising.

The cream comes in a glass jar, I find this quite heavy, being made from glass makes the product appear more luxurious and worth its weight in price, but I often find it quite fiddly to handle when I'm trying to apply the cream - a spoon or some sort of applicator included with it would be great.

Overall, a lovely luxurious cream but a bit rich and very expensive! Would use it when my skin was feeling very dry and I was in a stressed state of mind - it certainly has a very calming effect on your senses.

• MineCraft (PC) / PC Game / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.12.2014 00:05

Advantages

• Friendly
      • Exciting
      • Fun

Disadvantages

Anyone should get this game.

Minecraft is the best game but no one knows why. It's a game that looks old but has many players loving to play it one being me. When I first heard of Minecraft in 2012, I was fascinated. I tried it using a friend's account and decided I liked the game. I bought a full version of Minecraft using the account name Vortex20000 and ever since I've been joining and hosting Minecraft multiplayer communities, such as the Mineslam network, on which I am a Head-Mod. What I like best about Minecraft is the fact that you can play Multiplayer. In Singleplayer mode, the player is subjected to live in everlasting loneliness. MineCraft has got to be the best video/pc game on EARTH! It is so amazingly fun that once you start you get addicted. It all started when I was searching videos on YouTube and I noticed a new word called MineCraft. I looked through some videos and thought that this game was insane and stupid. After a while I had come back to view more videos of this new game. I looked at it and said, "Alright, I'll try it." The first keystroke and BAM I was addicted it just that amazin. My cousin loves this game also we have a minecraft server which are fairly easy to create. We play for hours and we are both occupied for the day as we adventure through caves building houses and mansions slaying the worlds mobs, just everything. Tons of fun.

26.12.2014 23:45

Advantages

• "treats dandruff"
      • "fresh scalp"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't stop hair getting greasy"

A good dandruff shampoo

Head & Shoulders Citrus Fresh is specially designed to treat dandruff and greasiness at the same time, leaving your hair feeling fresher and looking more natural. It's priced at £4.99 for a 500ml bottle.

My thoughts

The packaging of this shampoo is not great, it looks exactly as you would expect a dandruff shampoo to look really. Not pretty, but functional with a flip top lid.

The shampoo is very thick in consistency and it's completely opaque. It has a fresh citrus scent as you would expect from its name. It lathers well and is easy to massage through my hair. It feels really refreshing on my scalp as I massage it in.

It rinses out easily and leaves my scalp and hair feeling very fresh and clean. Once my hair is dry it feels surprisingly soft. I had expected it to dry my hair out a little but it doesn't at all. My hair looks and feels really fresh and healthy.

I don't suffer from dandruff as such, but I do suffer from another condition which is basically dandruff that sticks to the scalp rather than flaking off, and after a few uses this shampoo definitely helps to clear it.

When it comes to greasiness, I do think this leaves my hair feeling fresher than most shampoos, but it doesn't stop it from getting greasy just as quickly as normal, so that was quite disappointing.

Recommended?

Yes, I would recommend this shampoo as it's fairly cheap and does a good job of treating the scalp whilst keeping the hair fresh, but don't expect it to solve your greasiness problem.

• Hyacinth Pink / Plant / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      26.12.2014 23:26

Advantages

• "Hyacinths are beautiful "
      • "They can be growed for Christmas gifts"
      • "They are very easy to grow"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Pink hyacinths

WHAT IS IT?

Pink hyacinths are beautiful tall plants that have many tiny flowers growing on one tall stem.

HOW DO YOU GROW THEM?

I grow hyacinths with my children and we give them for Christmas gifts. My oldest daughter favours the pink colour of hyacinth so she chooses always to grow these for her gifts. We plant ours in September so that they are ready to grow their flowers in time for Christmas.

Hyacinths are grown from a bulb and you should wear gloves always when you hold a hyacinth bulb because they can make your skin irritated.

You put a bulb into a small hole in your compost and cover the bulb so that just a very small part of the top is sticking up through the soil. Pat the soil around the bulb to keep it warm and water it regular but do not let the soil be too wet at any time. You can plant more than one bulb into each pot but you have to take care that they are not touching because that can stop the bulbs from sprouting.

WHAT I THINK

I like to grow hyacinths very much and I think it is a good plant to grow with your children because they are very easy and they do not die or fail to grow very often. My children have grown them since they were very small and now my two oldest daughters can grow them alone with not any help from me.

They are very beautiful when the flowers come and I think the pink ones are feminine and they are a very good choice of colour for ladies my daughter is growing them for like her aunt my sister and her piano teacher also.

5 Dooyoo Hearts.

• Cube Aim / Bikes / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.12.2014 23:26

Advantages

• "Good suspension"
      • "Great ride"

Disadvantages

Great Mountain Bike, would definitely recommend!

The Cube Aim is a Mountain Bike made by a very reputable bike manufacturer, Cube. They make many different styles of bikes from Mountain Bikes to Road Bikes. I myself have a Cube Aim 26, and have had it for just over a year now and it hasn't let me down once. I use it regularly for getting around, and also for my Triathlon training when I do it in woodlands and in parks.

The Cube Aim 26 has two different models, one which comes with brake pads (the two pads that push together, either side of the wheel) or the one with disk brakes (no pads either side of wheel, but a different mechanism in the centre of the wheel). I have the version with brake pads. The break pad set up is cheaper than the disk brake set up by almost £100, this is due to the cost of disk breaks. There are always disputes going on as to whether which of the two set ups are better. Well, it's all down to you as the rider. Some prefer brake pads as thats what they are used to, I've always had break pads, but that's because I haven't really had the extra money to splash out on the disk brake versions.

The ride is smooth, with the option to lock the suspension, this means that when you are riding around on the roads, you can effectively turn off the suspension, so there will be no movement up/down from the handlebar end of the bike, and then when you hit the dirt tracks, you can turn suspension back off so the bike takes some of the impacts of the bumps, rather than your wrists absorbing all of the shock. I always feel in control of the bike when riding it as well, there is never really any points where I feel I wouldn't be able to get out of a situation because of the bike itself.

The Cube Aim 26 has 26 inch wheels surprisingly enough, you can get other models which come with 29 inch wheels, but similar to the brakes, it's all down to preference really.

The bike has an aluminium frame, and is kitted out with Shimano gear such as Shimano cranks, Shimano front hub and Shimano cassettes, these are very good pieces of equipment.

I would definitely recommend this mountain bike, as it is a very reliable piece of equipment, and is actually a very good bike, especially for its cost.

5 stars!

26.12.2014 22:41

Advantages

• "Funny at times"
      • "Great Read"

Disadvantages

Amazing book and it's a must read!!

Triathlon is a sport that incurs 3 events into one race - Swimming, Cycling, Running. Over the last few decades, this sport has grown and grown, and is now becoming really popular across the country, and all over the world, with distances from super sprint, all the way up to Ironman. The Brownlee brothers come from Yorkshire, Alistair won gold at the London 2012 Olympics, with Jonny coming 3rd, and Jonny's greatest achievement would be winning the world championship, and event that goes on throughout the year, at now 10 different events across the globe.

This book tells the story, from their own perspective, of their life in sports as they were growing up, all the way up to the 7th August, the day Alistair won gold. For me, as a triathlete myself, I found this book particularly good, as I felt that I could relate to a lot of the topics the two talk about. I may have made the book sound really triathlon technical there, but it really isn't, this book could be picked up by anyone (preferably someone with an interest in sport) and they would enjoy it.

As well as being a good read, and relatable, it's also motivational. When you read it, and realise that they were just ordinary people like you and I when they were younger, you suddenly start getting all these thoughts about how 'if they can do it, I can too'. The book also offers an insight into the life of an athlete, their training regimes, diets, personalities etc etc.

I would recommend this book to anyone, and honestly believe it's a great read, it might also be that one thing that encourages you to get up of the couch, and take that first step into becoming the next Brownlee, who knows?!

5 stars!

• Ash - Malinda Lo / Junior Book / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      26.12.2014 22:17

Advantages

• "unique read"

Disadvantages

• none

a new twist on the old loved tale

From the beginning, I knew that Ash was a retelling of the classical fairytale Cinderella. I was however, completely unaware of the twist that makes Malinda Lo’s Debut novel so unique. When I finally caught onto the direction the book was heading I think my initial thoughts were, ‘Oh my…’ followed by, ‘That’s different’ to just simply ‘…wow’. All I can say is that this book totally blew me away.

Beautifully written, Malinda Lo instantly captivates her readers with her lyrical prose, vivid imagery and atmospheric detail. She creates a fantastical fairy world that completely grips your imagination from page one. With exciting characters of all kinds, this book is so much more than a simple re-telling. Not only does it explore Ash’s world and life in great detail but it reveals the how, what and why behind her choices - particularly in how she deals with her unexpected attraction towards the king’s huntress.

However on that note, while I must admit that I do prefer the classic version where Cinderella falls for the Prince, I would really hate to see this novel become labelled as just ‘the lesbian version’ as this story has so much more to offer. Written in a depth of magic and back story, Malinda Lo’s ‘Ash’ explores the themes of first love, friendship and sexuality. It is also a truly an amazing tale of romance, adventure and growing up.

Therefore I thought ‘Ash’ was a stunning debut novel and I think it will appeal to any older teen or above who is willing to keep an open mind. A beautiful but slow paced read, it is the perfect book to curl up with on a rainy day. Completely different to anything I’ve ever read, this is an author whose books everyone should try at least once.

26.12.2014 22:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

Can't vitamin E what all the fuss is about.

I have used this before a number years ago, but I have tried many other 'Vitamin E' products which do a better job by miles. Recently I gave it another shot but I still have the same opinion of this particular product of theirs.

For the price of £10 -£13, it does little to warrant the price in my personal opinion.
      This product aims to provide long moisture to dry skin.
      A pinkish cream in which the texture sinks in a bit too quickly in its water like feel.
      My skin was not hydrated at all. I would say that my skin was very dry only a little and I really wanted to prevent it getting any dryer, after reading good reviews I tried it but it wasn't really for me.
      I didn't see any improvement in my skin not silky soft or smooth.
      The scent was okay but after a few minutes nothing but a plain small of vitamin E cream not a nice scent that I have then been able to compare it to from other brands.
      This I would not say it a fantastic product, I would recommend you try other leading brand before this one x

26.12.2014 21:57

Advantages

• "Great multipurpose product"

Disadvantages

• "Can smell a bit strong"

A great product, scent a little strong for me.

This is a really good multi-use product of oil. Promoted as a beautifying product, this has many different selling points, you can use this on your hands, face and body, even hair!

For me this works really well on my body, the sheen it gives my skin, the result is soft, supple skin and the scent is nice [that's the only reason I have knocked two hearts off] is because the scent was for me a bit to strong. I like Palmers cocoa butter, I kind of thought this would be a little similiar but it is I would say more sickly smelling.

For my hair, this didn't work and made it look greasy I also found it difficult to wash out.

I did not try this on my face, as I didn't have the confidence to try, believing it would have brought me out in spots, clogging up my skin and for my hands it worked well but I prefer using their hand cream [Hemp] for the feeling that it leaves my hands, soft but not greasy. It took a while for it to sink into my hands and I'm not a fan of oils for hands but for my body this was great.
      I would highly recommend this for anyone with really dry skin and a love of Coconut. xx

26.12.2014 21:55

Advantages

• "Cleans Well"
      • "Lovely Scent"

Disadvantages

• "Not the Cheapest"

Satsuma Supreme!

I remember in my early teens when The body Shop opened in my local town centre, and I used to love going in and smelling all the scents and testing all their perfume sprays – White Musk was the big thing back then as I recall. You could get 100ml bottle of bubble bath for 95p! Change from a pound, oh how times have changed!

Anyway, I hadn’t been in The Body Shop for at least 15 years when I was given a bottle of Satsuma shower gel as one of my teacher gifts. I instinctively opened the lid to give it a sniff and was blown away by the beautiful sweet orangey scent. I couldn’t wait to give it a try! I very rarely have a shower – I am a bath girl! But I had to test this so I reluctantly jumped in Hubbies shower – I found a little of this in my palm lathered up into lots of lovely bubbles which left my skin feeling soft with the lingering smell of satsumas. As it is soap free it doesn’t sting too badly if it gets in your eyes. It also left a lovely scent in the bathroom.

Now after asking in the body shop on whether they made this lovely scent in a bubble bath, I was told this lovely stuff doubles up for the bath too – apparently they get asked this several times a day so why they can’t just call it bath and shower gel is beyond me! So I decided to use it in the bath. A single blob makes a bath full of bubbles (it blobs out of the bottle rather than pours) and gives the bath a very slight orange tinge. Although I love it as a bubble bath it does not clean the skin as well just by laying in the water as it does used as a shower gel, but that does not bother me.

After fighting over my gift, Hubbie and I now have this as our current shower gel/bubble bath of choice. It is available from The Body shop for £2.00 for a 60ml & £4.00 for a 250 ml bottle – and there are always deals on the website. I recently got two 750ml pump bottles form their outlet store for £11.20, which should last us a while

26.12.2014 21:50

Advantages

• "Leaves hands feeling soft"

Disadvantages

• "Took a while to sink in"

Worth it x

This I think is one of the better hand cream that 'The Body Shop' produces.
      I really trust and rate this particular product from their range.

This is fantastic if you have very dry skin or skin suffers badly from the cold weather, to condition and keep your hand supple and looking great.
      They still believe in the ethical side of this product and this is part of the community trade range alongside that helps support communities and also packed with Vitmain E

For me, this worked great when I was working all day with stock take and having to work where deliveries came in because it was soooo cold this really relieved the dryness and chapped skin. Now I write for a living it helps to pamper my hands and I use it as an everyday hand cream when not using the 'Champneys' miracle hand and nail cream as a treat.

The packaging has remained the same, but they have others products in this hand care range, if you check out on their website they now provided a guide for hands with particular needs and recommend a 3 step treatment for your hands.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown