31.07.2015 21:53

Advantages

• "Leaves Skin Soft"
      • "Moisturises Well"
      • "Smells Light"

Disadvantages

A good staple moisturiser for a good price.

The distinctive yellow tub with a light pastel green lid of atrixo has been an almost permanent decoration on by bedside table for years. I remember, as a child, my mum using atrixo and being able to try a little bit of hers as a treat - so it has been approved for generations!

A 200ml tub is around £2 to £3 and can be purchased from most supermarkets like Asda or Tesco and drugstores like Superdrug and Boots. If you are lucky, sometimes you will get a free 50ml miniature version of the cream, which is perfect for your handbag for on the go moisturisation.

When you open the tub, you are hit with a lovely light chamomile smell (and this is well known for its enriching and moisturising effects which is a bonus). This smell is light enough to be pleasant without being overpowering or sickly.

The cream has just the right consistency - not too thick and not too thin - and spreads easily onto the skin. It isn't greasy, but doesn't dry in straight away either, but this isn't a major issue. After using this for a few days, I noticed that the dry and chapped bits of skin (particularly in between my fingers) had cleared up considerably and the skin was much much smoother and softer.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product for something that will make your skin much softer and be a good general moisturiser for your hands for a good price.

31.07.2015 21:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not my favourite but others like it.

The little black dress perfume is nice but not that sexy of a scent. You can wear it day and night. Little black dress perfume is not my favourite. There are also little red dress, little pink dress and little black dress eau fraiche. In brochure 14 page 110 The little black dress is on an offer where you can buy any two perfumes for £13 on page 110, one perfume is £13 but you'll be saving an extra £13 as you will get two for one price. The perfume bottle size is 50ml. The normal price for the perfume is £13. In brochure 15 page 119 little black dress price is reduced to £9 saving you £4. The little pink dress, red dress and black dress eau fraiche on pages 104 and 105 they are reduced to £6.50 so half price saving you an extra £6.50. I know little black dress is supposed to be very popular but according to my customers they adore little pink dress more they say how it has a lovely scent and it lasts ages. Plus the bottle is more cute as it is pink. But if little black dress is your favourite perfume I'd recommend you buy from brochure 14 as you will get two perfumes for £13 where as if you order two little black dress perfumes from brochure 15 it'll cost you £18 so that will be £5 more than in brochure 14. Hope you found this review helpful, if you are looking for a representative and live within Burnley or Skipton area I'll be happy to pop round with a brochure.

31.07.2015 20:42

Advantages

• "Ergonomic Grip"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Cuts easily"

My favourite razor; Cheap and Effective!

Soleil ranges are my go-to razors, especially the Lady range. I have used these since high school and they are definitely the ones that I recommend to people when they want a new razor.
      The packaging is a fun yellow-orange that is based off of the razor's handle colour, which is a nice change from the super feminine pink with flowers design that most brands go for with their women's razors. The razors themselves comes in 4 colours, transitioning from bright yellow to bright orange. The razor heads also have a small strip of conditioner sponge above the razor blades themselves.
      The razor handle is easy grip and comfortable to hold and the razor itself works incredibly well at shaving closely to the skin and over large spaces with little effort. Unfortunately, as the head doesn't move, it's important that you are careful with the angle that you shave at as you will cut your skin very easily when you don't apply the correct amount of pressure. These are also the most long lived razors of the range, my last pack lasting for over 4 months (4 per pack) without major wear and tear or decay.
      Overall, these are my favourite razors to use; cheap, comfortable and effective.

31.07.2015 20:31

Advantages

• "Gentle on Skin"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Short Life Span"

My favourite razors to use!

The Soleil range is my go-to razor brand and the Bella is no different!
      The package is all blue, which is nice for people like me that like more gender neutral colours for their products instead of a super feminine pink with flowers and such. It's quite easy to open, though you may need a pair of scissors if your nails aren't particularly long. The razors themselves as neat and simple, with a moisturising blue strip around the edge of the razor blades. These blades aren't scented but they are quite fresh-smelling anyway.
      Using them is really easy and the blades are sharp and clean for the first 5-10 uses.
      It leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft, without an itchiness or soreness of the skin. You should still be careful about the angle that you shave at, as razors are always prone to catching your skin instead of the hairs.
      Personally, I feel that these razors don't last as long as some of the other variations in this range, usually lasting about 2 weeks rather than the usual 3-4 weeks. The quality doesn't suffer but it can be very frustrating.
      Overall, these are some very good razors for the price and I would highly recommend them!

31.07.2015 20:26

Advantages

• "Good value"

Affordable pressed powder

I don’t usually foundation every day but I like some sort of covering as I have a few dark patches and blemishes on my face so I use pressed powder on a regular basis. This Collection 2000 face powder comes in three shades, light, medium and dark and I chose the light to match my complexion. I paid £4.99 for this compact which I think is a good price compared to a lot of others.

It comes in a plastic compact which has a clear cover so you can see how much powder is left. It doesn't come with a sponge or applicator but I always have quite a few of these in my make up bag and you can pick them up cheaply.

To use I will give the sponge a little twist to get enough on there to use and then apply the powder to my forehead, cheeks and nose using a sweeping outwards motion. I find that I usually have to dab the sponge back onto the powder once more to make sure that all my face is covered. It does feel soft and silky on my skin and you really can’t feel that you are wearing it as it doesn’t feel caked on or thick at all. It does a good job of disguising blemishes and also prevents my face from becoming shiny which it is apt to do if I get warm and it is also a great product for setting your make up.

I have never experienced any irritation or reaction when using this powder and I have been using it now for several months. It blends excellently on my skin leaving my skin looking very smooth and it also removes easily with wipes or make up cleansers. It is cheaper than some other brands but it goes on very smoothly and I find that it stays on all day so you don't have to use as much powder. It definitely feels like a high quality product and I do recommend it.

• RoC Face Wipes / Skin Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      31.07.2015 20:21

Advantages

• "Soft and moist wipes"

Gentle facial wipes

I have been using face wipes for as long as I can remember and I am not really loyal to one product but will buy the ones which are on the best offer at the time. I bought this pack of 20 RoC cleansing wipes for sensitive skin for just £1.50 from a local pound shop which is over half the recommended retail price. The ingredients include Aloe Vera and cucumber extract which help to sooth and cool your skin.

The pack is oblong in shape and displays the ingredients and directions for use. It has the usual resealable closure tab which you need to make sure is closed firmly after use to keep the moisture in the remaining wipes. These particular wipes are very moist to the touch and even when I get down to the last few they are always still as moist as the first one with no signs of drying out. The wipes are white and are soft to the touch and have a clean fresh fragrance which is quite subtle which I like as I don't like strong smells on my skin. As these are gentle wipes they are suitable for the most sensitive skin. I find that one wipe is sufficient to cleanse my face and neck even if I am wearing a lot of make up including waterproof mascara.

These wipes do a very good job of cleaning my face and I can feel a lovely coolness as soon as they touch my skin which feels refreshed afterwards and very clean. With these wipes you can feel a slight tingly feeling but I think this adds to the clean feeling but some people may not like this. The wipes seem to be quite strong and I would say it would be very hard to rip or tear them and although personally I don’t seem to have to rub very hard to remove any type of make up I would think that you could use quite a bit of pressure and they would still stay in one piece.

These wipes are gentle and have never caused me any irritation on my face or around the eye area. They are fragrance free, and alcohol-free and have been dermatologically tested, so should be suitable for a lot of people. I love the clean fresh feeling I get after using these and will definitely buy them again.

31.07.2015 20:17

Advantages

• "Gives hair body and shine"

Nourishment for your hair

A friend recommended this L'Oreal Elvive renourishing shampoo to me after I had told her that my hair was getting a bit flat and needed a boost. I bought this shampoo from a local discount store for £1.80 but you can pay up to around £2.95 for it. It comes in a white 250ml bottle which gives you the ingredients and instructions for use, and it has a flip top which the bottle stands on so the shampoo is always ready for you to dispense.

The shampoo itself is a light creamy colour and has a lovely fresh smell which as it isn't floral or feminine so it would be suitable for both sexes. It feels rich and creamy and you can feel the thickness as you are massaging the shampoo into your hair and it seems to cling to your hair so you do know it is a good shampoo.

I wash my hair every other day and have been using this shampoo for a couple of months, and I can tell a difference in the texture of my hair and it appears to be thicker which is great.
      To use I squeeze about a 10p size onto my hand and find that this is sufficient to rub up into quite a frothy lather which washes my hair easily. I can feel the shampoo soaking into my hair and it feels like a quality product. It seems to cling to my hair a bit so it does take a bit of rinsing and I then apply a conditioner to finish off.

From when I started to use this shampoo my hair looks thicker and nourished, and it has been commented on by friends and family. I recommend this shampoo if your hair needs a bit of a boost, it is good quality and also good value.

31.07.2015 19:51

Advantages

• Moisturising
      • "Gentle on Skin"

Disadvantages

Definitely for sensitive skin!

Upon starting to get bad rashes from allergies last summer, I considered using a shaving gel or cream to reduce the reactions while still being able to shave. Having very sensitive skin naturally, I'm also prone to razor burn and random cuts on the skin, so I went looking for a shaving cream or gel that would be suitable for my skin. I saw this on sale and threw it straight in the basket.
      Usually it's rare to find a shaving gel that's sensitive on the skin but this really works!
      The bottle is ergonomic and the cap is easily removed and attached with a spray top that makes application easy and efficient. I enjoy spraying the gel onto my legs when I first used it!
      The formula is ridiculously gentle on the skin, it's light and foamy on contact with the body and you can hardly feel it because it's so light. As the formula foams, you can begin shaving, and the foam is so helpful to collect up the loose hair that you cut off and it leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft without any razor burn or cuts! It's also really easy to wash off and down the drain, making life a lot easier for the clean freaks of the world.
      All of this comes at the cheap price of £4, which is a bargain in comparison to a lot of other products on the shelves at the moment.
      Overally, I would definitely recommend this to those with sensitive skin!

31.07.2015 19:34

Advantages

• Moisturising
      • Effective
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

Cheap and Effective! :D

Having made a big purchase from Avon a few weeks ago, I put this in the family bathroom for everyone to use. This is the opinions from my family members that I received.
      Everyone loved the bottle and the application, as it's easy to open and has a neutral colour scheme. Applying the cream was made easy, but it did begin to develop a crust of excess cream around the edges of the application nozzle, so it needed cleaning off every five or six uses.
      The cream itself was thinner than I expected, a little watery but it didn't stop it from moisturising the hands. It spread easily over the skin and it absorbs very quickly, making it easy to get on with whatever you're doing. It also didn't leak out of the bottle, despite it's thickness.
      I felt that it worked effectively on the skin, making my hands smooth and soft after washing my hands. I didn't need very much to cover my whole hand (maybe a pea sized amount) and it easily moisturised the whole hand. This covered different hand sizes as well, from small to large. My sister found that it also helped to smooth out the dark patches on the backs of her hands and my mother said that it didn't weaken her already weak and brittle nails.
      Unlike the 'anti-aging' properties it advertised on the bottle, it's had some other major benefits instead.
      Overall, for a low price, you would be buying a very effective hand cream for a variety of different ages and skin types with a lot of benefits for the skin and nails.

• Bio Oil 60ml / Skin Care / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      31.07.2015 19:14

Advantages

• "Fades uneven skin"
      • Softening
      • Moisturising

Disadvantages

• "No stretch mark help"

Beautiful feel; but for stretch mark fading? No.

My mother handed this product to me after ranting and raving about it for some months and I finally decided to try it. I'm not personally a oil girl (I much prefer using creams and butters) but this was an interesting experience for me.
      The packaging was really minimalist and attractive, I enjoy the colour scheme the best, with the way it matches the colour of the oil. The bottle was easy to open and the application is so easy that I was happy before I put the oil on my skin.
      The formula is really gentle and soothing on the skin, while applying and afterward. I didn't think that I would enjoy applying it as I feel that oil can be greasy for hours after application but this absorbed into the skin within 10 minutes and left my skin smooth and soft. I didn't need a lot of this to cover my body as well, one bottle goes a long, long way. My skin felt good after I stopped using it as well, which was a plus (I stopped using it for 2 weeks and my skin stays super soft and smooth).
      It's advertised to help fade and heal stretch marks but I personally didn't see a lot of difference in mine at all in terms of appearance. My skin was definitely softer, but it looks roughly the same.
      Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this product and I would definitely recommend it to people looking to heal rough, damaged or dry skin.

• The Ring (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      31.07.2015 19:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Horror Film

As a big fan of horror films I'm always looking for a film that will really scare me and leave a lasting impression and The Ring was definitely one of them!

The film stars Naomi Watts as Rachel, a journalist who's niece Katie is found dead in suspicious circumstances and appears to have been scared to death (the image of that is something to haunt your nightmares)

Rachel discovers from Katie's friends that she had watched a mysterious video tape at a cabin with her friends, and received a phone call saying she will die in 7 days.

Rachel sets out to investigate and after finding the video and watching it (it's a very eerie collection of video clips!) she receives the same phone call, giving her 7 days to find the origins of the video and discovers the story of an unusual girl named Samara.

There are some very creepy moments in the film and the way parts of the film are shot, add to that creepiness.
      Naomi Watts plays her part very feel and there are some other great actors in this film in supporting roles that really add to the story.

The only thing that lets this film down for me is that the ending almost seems a bit rushed, I would have liked to have known more about the background story, how the tape came to be etc as I felt like parts of the story were skimmed over when more detail could have been included.

All in all though, as modern horror films go this one is a winner for me. If the phone had rung while I was watching it I'm telling you now I wouldn't have answered it!

31.07.2015 19:02

Advantages

• Long-lasting
      • Moisturising

Disadvantages

• Greasy

An interesting formula; Good for dry skin!

I've always loved Palmer products and I saw while looking for my usual cocoa butter and thought I would give it a try. Seeing the oil base and Vitamin E advertise I was expecting it to be a little greasy and not-as-good at the original formula but I wasn't disappointed with it.
      The bottle is bright green, which makes it a lot easier to spot that the usual white and blue colour scheme, and the lid was a bit fiddly to open initially. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad, but they do two version of the bottle, the one that you flick up and the one that you pop down. I prefer the latter as it's easier to use.
      It does also smell as good as the original formula, but the actual cream is thinner than normal, making it a little easier to apply to the skin. It can built up a crust around the lid, so it's best to clean off the excess before you put it away.
      I thought that it did really well at softening and smoothing my skin and lasted for a long time (I'll guess at 36 hours+) but I felt that it could leave the skin quite greasy in comparison to the original cocoa butter. I assume that it's because of the oil base but it found that it helped my skin retain moisture more after use than it did while I was using it, which was very strange but surprisingly pleasant!
      Overall, I would recommend this product for those with very dry to normal skin as the oil will really boost your skin's vitality and softness.

• Room - Emma Donoghue / Fiction Book / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      31.07.2015 19:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

Thought Provoking

Room is a book that I picked up on a whim in the book shop after finishing my current book and needing something to ready quickly and I must say I'm happy I did.

The story is told through the eyes of 5 year old Jack, who's mother was abducted by 'Old Nick' at as a teenager and who had been kept prisoner ever since, subject to repeated rape and abuse.

Jack who was born inside 'Room' has no idea of the world outside him and he and his 'Ma' as he calls her spend their days making up games and things to do within their prison. Jack's only insight into the outside world is through the TV.
      Eventually they manage to escape from the room and the book follows their adjustment to reality and trying to integrate back into society. This is particularly hard for Jack that didn't know this whole world was out there.

This book is hard to read in places as the subject matter is very dark, and while it is thought provoking as it puts you in the victims shoes and makes you think of news stories in the past that I would imagine the book is partly based on. There are sections that made me feel slightly uneasy.

I know some people have commented on the narrative being in the words of a 5 year old taxing however I found it different and interesting as Jack really had no idea what he had been born into and his new experiences outside of the Room put the story into a new context.

I would definitely recommend this book but it is not an easy read and it will likely leave a lasting effect, not for the faint-hearted!

31.07.2015 18:48

Advantages

• "Fades Scars"
      • Non-greasy
      • Moisturising

Disadvantages

Amazing product! Works perfectly!

As a mixed-raced girl, Palmer's products have always been part of my life and when I reached my mid-teens, puberty had really taken a tole on my skin. My mother gave me this with the hope that it would fade the stretch marks I had gotten from growing up too fast (it made me very self-conscious during P.E. classes).
      If you're used Palmer's cocoa butters and creams before, you will know how good they are for all types of skin but this really was the king of all the butters that they made.
      The product usually comes in a small tub, though I have seen it sold in a tube before. It's really easy to open with wet and dry hands and the smell is delicious. The idea is to use this purely on your dark marks and scarring (whatever it may be) but I did find that it worked as a regular everyday moisturiser as well. I used it on my face and it was a lot lighter than I thought it would be.
      It works wonderfully in terms of softening and moisturising the skin (it would last until the next time I bathed) and within the next couple of weeks, I could definitely see a difference in my stretch marks, other scars that I had on my skin and it really evened out all of my hyperpigmentation. My acne at the time also improved dramatically during the use of this product, which is something that they don't advertise but it really work!
      I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that wants to improve the look of their scarring, stretch marks and uneven patches of skin!

31.07.2015 18:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Rimmel London 60 Seconds Super Shine Nail Polish

The Rimmel London 60 Seconds Super Shine Nail Polish is available for GBP 2.99.

The nail polish is described as follows. "60 Seconds Super Shine nail polish from Rimmel London! New and improved formula for Chip resistant, anti-fade high shine colour for up to 10 days with precision maxi brush, glides perfectly on the nail, for a flawless professional like finish with a quick drying formula dries in less than 60 seconds."

The great thing here is tuned that you can decide for yourself with the intensity of application, how dark it for now to be. Because if you bring only little bit of color to the nail, you can also achieve a dark, but more reddish purple solid. I find absolutely brilliant. What also impressed me compared to cheap nail polish from drug store brands, is the nature of Pinselchens. Because that is just wide enough for one caught the entire width of the fingernail, but again so wide that you painted over. So you're done not only very fast, you can still work reasonably clean. In addition, the brush is quite thick. Ie, it takes quite a lot of color. But here is the amount just right. Actually, the amount of disposable brush dip it in the vial without swabbed to make dark purple fingernail really. It is not necessary to have only one layer to dry, only to then apply a second. The result is thus directly perfect. Also from the life I'm very impressed. Whether I brush or abwasche - the paint lasts at least three days. Especially this is important to me because I hate nothing more than having to paint my nails every day new. Especially with so dark and deep color one might think that removing an ordeal. Well, here is the not so and I do not even use a special nail polish remover. Sure, you have to again go over the paint before it is really without remains more. Nevertheless, the whole process simpler than expected. Would be mentioned in conclusion that the paint until now, than after less than a year, has still retained its consistency. Often it is so that nail polish, even if one is often used him almost solid and very thick. That does not happen here. The paint can still apply very well.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown