23.10.2014 16:03

Advantages

• "They stop diarrhoea. "

Disadvantages

• "Medicine may mask a life-threatening condition"
      • "Unnecessarily expensive."

I Buy a Much Better Value Alternative

Imodium Capsules in their classic original form contain 2mg of loperamide hydrochloride.

I have taken them and found them to be very effective in the control of diarrhoea.

However, the generic ingredient of loperamide hydrochloride is the same that can be found in a number of own brand products, which can be bought considerably cheaper. Examples of current prices are as follows.

PRICES

At BOOTS you can buy Imodium Classics 12 capsules for £5.99 or 18 for £7.99. Alternatively you can buy Boots Diarrhoea Relief capsules, which will do the same job, with the same active ingredient, costing £2.19 for 6, £4.29 for 12, or £5.99 for 18.

At SUPERDRUG the prices are Imodium Classics 6 for £3.19 or Superdrug Acute Diarrhoea Relief 6 for £1.99.

At SAINSBURYS 6 Imodium cost £2.30 or 6 Sainsbury’s Anti-Diarrhoea Capsules for £1.

At TESCO 6 Imodium cost £2.50 or 6 Tesco Diarrhoea Relief £1.

CAUSE AND EFFECT OF DIARRHOEA

Diarrhoea is your body’s natural way of getting rid of infections, and if this is the cause of your problem, I believe it is better to stay near the loo and let it run its cause. In the meantime don’t eat for 24 hours, as this may only prolong the problem.

However, if the cause of your symptoms is an irritable bowel loperamide hydrochloride may well be the best medicine for you, but do get a proper diagnosis from a doctor, either to rule out life-threatening causes (for example cancer), or get treatment for them.

Whatever the cause of diarrhoea, it is imperative that you rehydrate your body as quickly as possible. Plain water will help to rehydrate, but I have found that adding rehydration mixes to the water has made me feel a lot better very quickly. Again the supermarket rehydration sachets are a lot cheaper than buying Dioralyte.

RECOMMENDATION

If Imodium is the only brand of diarrhoea relief you can find containing 2mg of loperamide hydrochloride per capsule, you will find it effective in slowing your bowel down. However, I have had the same result from taking supermarket own brand capsules which contain the same ingredient, and are significantly cheaper.

I, therefore, recommend either Sainsbury’s or Tesco’s Diarrhoea Relief Capsules as a much better value, but just as effective, alternative.

23.10.2014 14:49

Advantages

• "Zombie Mode"
      • "New Characters"
      • "New Story Line"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing I can find."

Fantastic Cutting Edge Game That Leaves You Gripped.

Call of Duty Black Ops is a fantastic new game. I know this is a few years old now but I thought I still have my say nonetheless.

The story isn't so much complicated because it jumps from the future back but rather because it jumps forward a number of years. In a way, the story is simple to follow once you know it but if you don't, it may take time to understand what's going on especially since the main character, Mason recounts his stories. It does jump back and forth slightly but its not impossible to follow.

Things start in the early 1960's where the Bay of Pigs invasion is being carried out. A small band of American soldiers are sent to kill Cuban leader Castro; the mission soon goes awry and Mason is sent to a Russian Gulag. During his time there, he meets Russian political prison Reznov and together break out. Once reunited with the Americans, Mason must stop a Soviet lead program working alongside defectors. The story moves quickly as fighting goes towards Vietnam all while finding more information about the enemy Dragovich and his lieutenants. There are shocks, twists and turns along the way but helps to keep you gripped and wanting more.

The graphics are very sharp and clear as day. Every detail has been carefully finished with precision and there is nothing that stands out in a bad way for this game. Every level offers new graphics that continue to shine and the characters are likable too. However, you do play as Reznov and Mason but mostly its just Mason; still the game is great.

There is even a zombie mode which is new for me. I thought this was a great addition to the game and certainly offers something new. I liked the zombie mode though I usually play the abandoned building level rather than Pentagon because I can't get past level three there!

The only parts of the game which I haven't tries is the online and multi-player aspects. I can't comment on these parts fairly but maybe one day I will give them a go. Overall, this game is great and I thought the story is nice and was a good length, even though I would have liked the game to continue further.

23.10.2014 14:36

Advantages

• "so many apps"
      • "amazing display"
      • "super easy to use"

Disadvantages

• expesive

Good device from Apple, just a bit pricey!

I love all things Apple, so bare that in mind when reading this! When first buying this I wasn't sure bout it, I already had a working laptop, and at the time an iPhone as well, I assumed the iPad would be basically a bigger version of the phone, which in essence it is.

With easy access to the app store, you have literally thousands of apps and games to chose from, and all so easy to download! Unfortunately not all of these apps are free, but for the cost of usually under a £1 you cant really complain.

Also have access to the itunes store, yet again easy to access and download your favourite songs in seconds. Gives you reccomendations also, so if your stuck and just want new music, it's very handy.

When I first got the iPad I was constantly on it to my surprise, as it links easily to the phone so any game progress can be synced up and you can continue where you left off This is because of the icloud, which in my opinion is the best. Admitedly this isn't strictly just for apple products and you can get it for other, but I'd never come across it before so for me it was amazing for backing up songs and other data.

The appearance is typically Apple. It doesn't really vary from any ititial design. With a silver body and either a white or black face, there is no way you could mix it up with any other product or brand. Lots of cases have been released for this ipad so if your not a fan of the look, you easily hide it.

It has 16 gb of memory, which is fine at first, but after a while of downloading aongs and apps, you'll find it does fill up quite quickly and when any new IOS is released you may have to delete all your apps to be able to install the new version of IOS. If you have other products where you can store your music or photos (I have Ipod Classic and prnt out photos) you can create extra space, but generally the memory isn't the best unless you want to pay mega bucks for it.

The sound quality is ok. The one small speaker on back of the device is tiny compared to the size of it, but if just needed for background sound, it'll play nicely for that and loud enough too.

In conclusion I would reccomend the Ipad, I know there are now newer versions like the iPad air which I hear is lighter and easier to carry, but I wont be ungradng any time soon. I can still do everything I need to on it, nd it certainly isn't giving up the ghost just yet!

23.10.2014 14:31

Advantages

• "Good Plot"
      • "Zombie mode"

Disadvantages

• Nothing

Great Story mode and fantastic Zombie mode!

Call of Duty Black Op 2 is one of the best games I've played. I have to admit I am a big fan of the C.O.D. games and found this game to be a little more unique in a way. The game is sort of set in the future with some futuristic weapons and plots however, the story is fantastic.

First of all, the campaign mode is good and there is plenty to the plot with twist, turns and exciting game play to boot. The Rookie setting is the best level for gamer's for those just starting with the Black Ops series but the difficulty level can increase to Regular, Veteran and Hardened. As the difficult increases, so do the enemies abilities but the game is challenging.

The story follows soldiers fighting the enemy across a variety of locations. There are plenty of enemies to tangle with and plenty of weapons to pick up along the way too. However, the story does sort of relate to the first Black Ops game, so I hope gamer's have played that though it might not be necessary but it could be useful to follow the game during the cut scenes.

However, a favourite part of the gaming experience has to be the Zombie mode. Now, this isn't a part of the story mode campaign but it can be played even before the game is completed. The zombies I think, are much harder to destroy than on the first Black Ops zombie mode.

The Black Ops II game does offer a new gaming experience however and does in a way pave the way for more advanced type games which is always a pleasant thing.

23.10.2014 14:21

Advantages

• Authenticity
      • "Moving Story"

Moving Story And Very Impressive

All of the WW2 set games are good because they help retell a story many actually aren't aware of. Everyone knows about WW2 but a lot of people, especially younger gamer's don't take the time to think about the events and with this game, I think it offers an emotional experience.

For most gamer's this is another game but to me, it does help retell an important story and the horrors soldiers endured. Of course, when this game first came out on the PS2, I thought it was good and I actually thought on the PS3, the game was new and different from the other version. I was wrong but still, the game was good.

The graphics are sharp and very authentic feeling and the story mode is a good option to start off with. The story is long though it doesn't drag out in any way shape or form. The plot moves at the right pace and you get to experience the war through the soldier's eyes nicely.

However, I thought the game's controls were simple and there are a few good weapons to choose from too. Though, the arrange of WW2 weapons are good because the game sticks to the authentic weapons available at that time and the game doesn't embellish either.

23.10.2014 14:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good moisturiser but firming?

I have used this Nivea firming body lotion (the Q10 energy + version) for quite a few weeks now and find that it doesn't appear much different to the other body lotions I have used in the past.

It comes in a 250 ml bottle, which is a reasonable size, and has a subtle, delicate smell, which doesn't and shouldn't clash with any body sprays or perfume that you use afterwards. It has quite a gloopy, running consistency which for me felt a little greasy. I also found that it didn't particularly sink into my skin that quickly or easily.

It claims to 'intensively moisturise for smooth and supple skin' and whilst it does leave your skin soft and moisturised, I do not feel (even after a large number of applications) that the product intensively moisturises. The 'skin feeling' rating on the back of the bottle shows it a 2, on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being light, and 5 being rich); this for me seems to counteract the claim of intensively moisturising.

The big question, and the claim that it 'firms the skin in 2 weeks' is still not answered for me! I do not feel that my skin feels any firmer and the only difference I have noticed is that it is soft and moisturised, which doesn't set it apart from most other moisturisers!

I have to say I am a little disappointed with this product, it has some great claims but I would say that most are not fulfilled, certainly not for me anyway.

• Resident Evil: Survivor (PS) / Archive Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      23.10.2014 14:12

Advantages

• "New Characters"
      • "Nice Plot"

Disadvantages

• "No seemingly tie in to original characters or game"
      • "A little short"

Fun and Entertaining.

To be honest, I really loved this game! I know others haven't all fallen in love with this Resident Evil game but for me, I thought it was good. It is actually one of the few Resident Evil games I've managed to complete on my own which is great! However, I don't think this is one of the more impressive games.

I do love the game and love the story but I didn't think it was much of a Resident Evil tie in game than just a zombie/survival game. Resident Evil Survivor has been out for over a decade and the graphics are a little tired in places but there are different routes to take from the start. Though most routes lead to the same fork in the road so to speak.

The story starts off with a small cut scene; a man falling from a helicopter and a helicopter crashing. The man named Vincent, wakes up with no memory but it soon faced with a terrifying zombie attack. Vincent has to make this way through arcades, libraries and seemingly deserted streets while battling zombies, giant spiders and weird soldiers! There are tones of creatures to avoid however and plenty to do battle with.

There are some twists and turns in the plot but the Umbrella corporation is the people behind the outbreak of the deadly virus that has turned people into mindless zombies. There aren't many bosses to fight but rather more zombies and large robotic like mutant men. There are not many puzzles to solve to make it through the game but there are still plenty of clues to find.

Along the way, Vincent finds diaries of different characters such as Umbrella employees, prisoners, sewer works and many more that all help build the final picture. The plot is good and the story moves on pretty quickly too and if you have played this game before you can get through it within a day or two if you play constantly. That is how I managed to complete it but its still a favourite of mine!

I know a lot of people don't rate this game and think its a cheap knock-off version of the original games just to make money but it is good. The plot is good, the scenes are good and there are plenty of zombies and enemies to battle, so what's not to like?!

23.10.2014 13:59

Advantages

• "Twists And Turns Aplenty"
      • "New Characters"

Disadvantages

• "None I can think of"

Fantastic Addition To R.E. Franchise

I purchased this game because I like the Resident Evil games though I had to say, this one felt a little different from the usual R.E. games. I know a lot of people have criticized this game but for me, I still like it. I thought it was different from the original R.E. game but its still worth trying out. I didn't think I would be sold on this but I was in the end.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X is another survival horror game that also includes having to solve a few puzzles along the way. However, the game still has its fair share of zombies to deal with as well as intrigue and mystery.

This time, gamer's play Claire Redfield who is trying to find her brother. After she narrowly escaped Raccoon City, Claire believes she knows where her brother is, on an island somewhere and heads off there in search for Chris. However, once she arrives on the island, she finds it isn't deserted but rather inhabited with mutant zombies. Redfield teams up with another survivor, Steve who is also running scared on the island.

The game goes however throw up a lot of challenges, and the story does keep you gripped too even though this is a few years old now, the graphics are still sharp. Though controlling the characters isn't difficult and there are lots of weapons to pick up on the way nonetheless. There are bosses to fight and puzzles to solve but to be honest, while you play the game, you don't think you're solving a puzzle.

A lot of people haven't been too nice when talking about this game as I've read on shopping sites but I can't help but like the game! I don't think the game is exactly like the previous games but its still good; it isn't bad in my opinion and its entertaining too. Gamer's will like this game and it has all of the earmarks of a classic Resident Evil game.

23.10.2014 13:44

Advantages

• "tug of war toy"
      • "Made of good sounding material"

Disadvantages

• "Did not last long with my dog"
      • "material is not as tough as it sounds. "

It's shaped like a bow tie.... in fact, a bow tie would last longer

Dogs love playing, as well as learning, so giving your dog something that they can play with, especially if it involves him/her playing with you, his owner, then then they will be over the moon, until the said toy breaks of course. Then they'll look at you as if you're the one that broke it.
      This toy is one of those toys that is designed to entertain your dog either by itself, with another dog, or with it's owner, as it is one of those 'tugging game' toys that most dogs love.

These are about 320mm long and shaped like a bow, as in bow tie. They look like a piece of rope tied in a bow but they are actually made of a material called 'thermoplastic rubber', which is basically plastic and rubber mixed together to give a tough, flexible, yet remarkable gentle material. It's not quite plastic, which would break and possibly rip into the dogs mouth, but it's not quite rubber, which is gentle but would stretch and snap with a little force. It's both materials which make this as strong and gentle as what it is.
      Sadly though, this toy did not last as long as I hoped it would, especially with a name like 'thermoplastic rubber' stamped on it – that name along sounds as though it came from a capture alien space craft -, but my dog bit through this on the second day of playing with it, which resulted in him leaving it in the garden realising that it was a waste of his time now.

The idea is good, being harmless to the dog whilst being tough for him to play with. However, there are a lot of dogs whose jaws are designed to chomp through things, even bone, so a combination of rubber and plastic was not really going to withstand such force from a mouth full of sharp teeth.

The cost of this toy is £5, roughly. If you have a small dog then this might last a while for him/her, but if your dog has a mouth that has more pound/per/square inch that a scrap yard car crusher then this is going to be about two minutes of fun for him/her before it ends up in bits on the floor.

• Resident Evil (PS) / Archive Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      23.10.2014 13:40

Advantages

• "Good Plot"
      • "Fantastic Game"

Disadvantages

• "Levels Are Difficult"

Original and The Best - A Pure Classic

This is one of the scariest and most difficult games I've ever played. Considering I've had this game when it was first released, I have never got to the end. I have been close to finishing but never have. Though, to be fair, when I first got this game all those years ago, I was still quite young and found it very creepy. I, foolishly, threw away the game but I purchased once again three months ago! I am now playing once again on my old PS2 console.

I however, have played a lot of the other Resident Evil games in the series including nemesis, Outbreak, Survivor, Code Veronica, Revelations, Mercenaries 3DS, Resident Evil 4,5 and 6 and probably a few others! However, I thought this game was the best because all originals are the best in my opinion. This is the classic story and that stood out most of all.

The controls are a little difficult to get used at times, especially if you haven't played this in a while but once you do get used to the controls, it isn't much of a problem. I thought the Directors cut was good but I'm not exactly sure the difference between this one and the version I had years ago!

This has to be one of the best survival and horror games I've seen because the action doesn't stop and there is a endless stream of zombies to face. Though zombies aren't the only creatures to deal with as there are giant spiders and a very big snake too! I won't spoil the surprises!

The story centres on a mansion house on the outskirts of a small mid-western town of Raccoon City. There has been a spat of gruesome murders with the town's people believing a strange cult is behind it but that is far from the truth. A STARS team are sent to investigate when colleagues go missing in a secluded wood but are attacked. The team take refuge in the mansion where the nightmare really begins. The intro video at the beginning of the game is a little funny now in comparison to what is seen in updated games today but still, its not a big part of the game.

Players have to fight their way through the mansion and find their comrades and of course, try to escape and raise the alarm for help. There are two characters to play, Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield; and they have to go in search for their missing friends while dealing with the endless creatures on the loose. Players find there is much more to the mysterious mansion than meets the eye.

The difficulty of the game is actually hard much harder than I first remember but even though its a difficult game, its still quite fun. It has lots of items to collect and you have to be careful of the amount of ammo being used in case you don't find any more.

Overall, this is a great game. The original is just the best.

23.10.2014 13:25

Advantages

• "New Enemies"
      • "New Plot"

Disadvantages

• "Too Short"

A Favourite For R.E. Fans

It has been a few years since I played this game on the PS2 console but still its a classic Resident Evil game for me. The story starts off with Leon Kennedy sent to find the President's daughter kidnapped in a foreign country. However, soon, things aren't what they seemed and Leon is faced with hordes of Zombies and enemies to battle.

I found the graphics to be excellent for PS2. Buildings are clearer and characters look realistic as well which is always a plus! However, the lighting on the game is just right and nothing is blurred or darkened out when the camera angel changes.

When it comes to game play, its very impressive. The controls are easy to maneuver and characters are much easier to move too. The game seems to be very intense when it comes to being attacked with Zombies and the town's folk and if you're not prepared, you are going to panic. I found it hard to train my focus on the game when there are people rushing at you with sickles and pitch forks. However, the game is fantastic and there are plenty of weapons to arm yourself with to battle through the game.

I thought this was more of a horror genre than what a few previous games were but I found this one to be harder. The plot is easy to follow and it moves from the village to a Church then onto an Island where things reach their conclusion. I thought the music did add a little eeriness to the game even though I didn't pay much attention to it.

Overall, this game is good and does deserve credit.

23.10.2014 13:15

Advantages

• "Good Plot"

Disadvantages

• "Mismatched From Games"

Good Read From R.E.

Resident Evil is a massive franchise and for me there is nothing like the games. However, when I started reading the R.E. books, I found them to be absolutely fantastic. I didn't really think they could be but the writer captures the spirit of the game well and thought they told the story very well too.

I have read the first book, the Umbrella Conspiracy, but missed the others in the series until this one. However, Code Veronica seems to be a very good book. In places, it feels somewhat rushed but in most parts the book moves along nicely and its very easy to follow.

Though, I think some parts are different from what they are in the game or at least to me I thought they were but then again, there has been a few different takes on R.E. stories. I still loved the book and still love the games as well.

I found the book to be similar or rather identical, to the game, Resident Evil Code Veronica but still that isn't a bad thing. The book delves a little deeper into the characters which is always good and I look forward to reading the other books in the series.

23.10.2014 13:10

Advantages

• "softens cuticles"
      • "gorgeous lemon scent"

Disadvantages

• "expensive at full price"

Burts bees lemon butter cuticle cream

My hands have to put up with a lot of rough treatment! I love to garden and this dose nothing for the condition of my hands and nails. When not gardening I seem to be constantly cleaning and this involves getting my hands wet and dirty! Not only do my hands suffer but my nails also tend to split and break. I have read that taking care of your cuticles is a good way to help nails to grow and stay strong. Last year my local Waitrose were selling off a range of Burt’s Bees products including the lemon butter cuticle cream. I can’t remember how much I paid but think it was about £1 for a 15 gram tin. As this usually retails for £5.99 I couldn’t resist buying.

Burts bees makes a range of products all with beeswax. The cuticle cream also contains lemon peel oil and sweet almond oil. As I had used the hand salve in the past with good results I had high hopes for this cuticle cream. The small metal tin has one of those annoying twist off lids that I always struggle with so not a good start! However once opened the strong lemon scent is very appealing as far as I am concerned.

The cream itself is actually solid rather than a liquid cream. It is recommended that you rub a little of the cream into your nails and cuticle area; gently pushing the skin around the cuticle down as you do so. The cream is quite greasy and for this reason I like to use the cream last thing at night. It does take a while to absorb but once it has my cuticles feel soft and my nails look shiny. Best of all I can still detect that gorgeous lemon scent for hours after I have used the cream!

Overall I really like this cuticle cream and enjoy using it. I tend to use it a couple of times a week (too lazy!) rather than every night as suggested. However since using it my nails have definitely improved and are less prone to split and break. The skin around my cuticles is softer and looks smoother. The cream also helps to give my nails a good shine. The small tin means it can easily be carried in my handbag. I have also taken it with me on a long haul flight as I like to pack a few skin care treats to help my skin tolerate the dry atmosphere on the plane. I probably wouldn't pay the full asking price for this cuticle cream but I clearly bagged a bargain!

23.10.2014 13:09

Advantages

• "Good Plot"
      • "Well Written"

Disadvantages

• "Nothing I can find"

Great Insight Of The Origins Of Resident Evil

I saw the Resident Evil book a few months ago when looking online and was a little surprised to see it. I didn't realize there was any books out and was a little wary of buying because I thought it wouldn't be well written, however I was wrong!

I know this book is based on the very first Resident Evil game but still this is great. It takes on a completely new concept of the game because it shows the points of the story from all sides, all main characters which is a breath of fresh air. I really thought the back story was good and the book's story developed nicely.

The story wasn't rushed and it took things at a nice pace as well. I haven't played the original game very often and the book is certainly different from the movie's I've seen. However, I thought the book was fantastic and even though it's not too scary, it was a treat to read.

The book isn't rushed however and the writer has done a good job to help put the game down in words. I think it will be a big hit with fans of Resident Evil and I look forward to reading the other books out there from the R.E. Series.

23.10.2014 13:01

Advantages

• "More Characters To Play"

Disadvantages

• "Hard In Some Places"

Another Fantastic Addition To R.E.

I love Resident Evil games and have played a lot of them even though I have only ever completed one full game! I love playing these survival games and even though the game is one of many from the series, its a refreshing option to play.

The graphics really have came a long from way the very first RE game on PS1. Everything is very detailed but clear and that is remarkable even in this day and age. Playing on the PS3 is easy because the controls are much the same as previous games I've played.

I thought the story was good especially since all of the characters stories become entangled with one another sooner or later. There are four different campaigns to choose from which is good because gamer's can play as Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong and new guy Jake - who I won't spoil it, turns out to be related to an old enemy.

However, even though the story is basically the same, you kill zombies, its still very good. For me, there are plenty of zombies to kill and it was a difficult game to complete. Now characters can run away from zombies while shooting so that's a plus.

This is a fantastic game and any gamer who loves zombie games will love this one. Of course, Resident Evil is by no way, a new franchise because its been out since PS1 but the games are still strong and good as well. A Must have for fans of R.E.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown