31.08.2014 09:16

Advantages

• "Comes with different backs "
      • "Cheap smartphone"

Disadvantages

• "Appstore isn't great "
      • Bulky

A good attempt for nokia to enter the modern world

I hate nokia phones but I had to choose this one as an upgrade. I still hate nokia phones but a little less. The phone is effortlessly clumsy and certainly not one of the competitors for phone of the year!

The design itself is okay in terms of colour choice. You get a black phone and have the option to change the back, much like blackberries. However design wise this phone never ceases to disappoint! The phone is much bulkier than any iphone, samsung or HTC i've seen. Despite nokia trying to change their reputation this phone doesn't do it. The new nokias may do but this one just feels like it's trying to be something that it's not!

The appstore is poor with no apps that I would normally use on my ipod. No instagram and all games you would normally expect from any appstore are either not their at all or have had some awful remake done.

The phone is good for calls and texting. Infact it's an improvement in the way that it is much easier to navigate around with apps being more clear. The internet however needs some improvement, I rarely use this phone to surf the net because of this and tend to use my tablet or laptop which is much easier to navigate around on. Photos, like any nokia aren't perticuarlly wow standard but much better than my previous nokia, C3.

I pay £10 a month for my contract so I'm fairly happy with this, it's a basic phone but with a few extra nicities as such. I would recommend it to those who want a phone that looks okay but prefer touchscreen than the keyboard phones. The buttons on this are robust like on any other nokia (unlike my HTC) which is good. I guess this phone lives up to the indestructable name the company has only with a little more style.

Recommended to those who need a phone at a decent price with standard smartphone features but can't afford a phone with the wow factor!

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • Cutler and Gross 1000 / Sunglasses / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      31.08.2014 03:48
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Easy to clean "
      • "Well designed "
      • "Not to big"

Disadvantages

• "Uv protection not as good"
      • "Can Hirt side in head "

Excellent

Over all glasses are good for the job. They are well manufactured and well thought out. Happy with product and it's purpose

Comments

• Graco Booster Seat / Child Car Seat / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      31.08.2014 01:12
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• comfort
      • "pull out pockets ldeal for drink holders "

Disadvantages

• "quite wide"

A good purchase

I bought this booster seat some time ago and I have to say it is one of the better booster seats I have purchased. My kids both loved it for its comfort but also especially for its pull out pockets which were constantly full of knick knacks they would take with them on the journey. The only problem I had with it was that it was quite wide for the back of my car. It wasnt really a problem unless I had a car full.
      The booster seat is aimed at children roughly from 4 to 11 yrs old from around the 15kg weight mark upwards and both my children have used it and find it very comfortable to sit in. I was always a bit worried as it doesnt look overly comfortable although more comfy than some I suppose but my children were always keen to sit in it. Graco are a good make and I bought it knowing that my friend had one the same and she had actually recommended it to me. Nonetheless I still checked out reviews online before I made my purchase.
      It is very lightweight and not too cumbersome to transport to and from other cars if need be and the arm rests are a perfect height for my 5 year old. He loves the seat because he sits upright, has more freedom than in his previous 3 point harness and has the arm rests which make him feel important. The cupholders are a lovely idea and they are occasionally used for drinks but as I said earlier their favoured use is for bits of twigs or sweet wrappers and goodness knows what else!

Comments

• More +
      31.08.2014 00:14
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "loads of different ways to assemble"
      • "well made"
      • entertaining

Disadvantages

• "stickers dont stick very well"
      • "need adult support"
      • "can be complicated to set up the trees"

A good educational toy with bright colours and fun features

We bought this for our 4 year old son last year. We were trying to find something that would keep him emtertained in the same way his marble run did and thought that cogs and construction was the way to go.
      We chose this specific set simply for the monkeys as the idea of it seemed like it would really appeal to our 4 year old. There is a specific way to set up this toy a shown in the instructions but it is also open ended and can be altered and put together differently using some or all of the pieces. If used in conjunction with other gears sets it also gives a wider scope for creativity.
      Our boy does use the set although it was tricky for him to put together without adult support so I believe he was a bit young. Now he is 5 he happily plays with it on his own and with his older brother creating different scenes.
      On the downside I expected the cogs themselves to be a variety of different sizes to increase the learning potential but they are all umiform size. Their colourful eyecatching colours and stickers make them attractive though but the stickers peel off easily which is annoying.
      On the whole this is a great toy for a developing child but one that they will grow into. It teaches scentific concepts of cause and effect watching the cogs turn and the monkeys subsequently spiralling through the trees when the handle is turned. The marble run is still favourite in our house though!

Comments

• Samsung Galaxy S4 / Mobile Phone / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      More +
      30.08.2014 23:23
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• brilliant
      • "amazing camera quality"
      • "stunning graphics"
      • "touch screen"

Disadvantages

• "lots of gimmicks that quickly use your storage space."
      • "sometimes unresponsive"
      • "occasionally crashes"

A great phone with some minor iritations

Now dont get me wrong I love my Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. I think the samsung product range is brilliant. However I upgraded to this phone from my much loved Samsumg Galaxy S2 and considering the phone is only about 6 months old it is playing up more than my beloved s2.
      The screen will ocassionally freeze requiring me to remove the battery, sometimes the touch screen itself is unresponsive and on occasion I will be quite happily using my phone when it powers down without warning. I suspect I will soon be phoning my contract provider to sort this out but I really dont expect this from an expensive phone like this that is less than a year old!
      That being said I do love my phone and I wouldnt want to be without it. The graphics are amazing ( The s2 looks blocky in comparison) and the camera takes the most fantastic photos! It literally puts everything I need in the palm of my hand internet access, photos, email, games, music, movies and more.
      There are a lot of gimmicky extras with this phone such as dropbox and voice recognition (which can be highly amusing when it doesnt hear you correctly) but the trouble with this is that they take up a lot of precious storage space. To get round this you can put in a memory card for extra room or if you know your way around the settings disable the apps you dont need! Storage space will vanish fast particularly if you are using this phone for music and photos. Its a very clever smartphone which is let down by the fact that Samsung had seemingly tried too hard to impress us with the inclusion of too many gimicks. Maybe I'll try the iphone next!

Comments

• Sony RDR-HXD710 / DVD Recorder / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      30.08.2014 23:10
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Offers plenty of facilities"
      • "Freeview integrated"

Disadvantages

• "Dubbing takes as long as the programme"
      • "Could be easier to use"

Quality recorder

This product scores high for its reliability and is dependable for recording television programmes. When recording make sure you select SEP format or else you will soon use up the memory. There is very little difference in picture and sound quality between the different recording mode so use the one that uses the least memory. The integration between the freeview and the recording facilities do provide good integration rather than having to set up timings which can get a bit complicated.If the tv is running behind schedule it can mean the recording is slightly misplaced. If you record to the hard drive do be aware that if you wish to dub the programme onto a DVD it takes as long as the recorded programme which is not very handy in certain situations. When switching between a recording format and the DVD the toggle button changes automatically, you can change this manually either on the machine or with the remote. There is nothing out of the ordinary in regard to playing a DVD. Do be beware that is does not play all types of CD's. The remote control has an interesting set up with all to do with recording in a slide down pouch at the bottom of the remote and playing at the top.

The freview set up is quite similar to the SKY set up in that there is a list downwards of all the television programmes that are on offer and the schedule listing sideways for each channel. Do ensure the aerial cable is secure as this will affect the number television and radio stations the machine will be able to find.

Comments

• More +
      30.08.2014 22:40
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "literary classic"
      • "great plot"
      • "fantastic writing"

Disadvantages

• none

Cant recommend enough. The best literary classic out there!

My favourite novel of all time! Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre is not only a literary classic but a must read. It has a bit of everything within its twisting plot. For those that love a good romance it has that in bucket loads but it is so much more than that. It also has striking gothic elements and most importantly is the tale of a young girl finding her place in the world.
      It tells the story of an impoverished orphan called Jane Eyre who is disowned by her cruel aunt and cousins and sent to live at lowood school. Jane endures hardship and cruelty here too but through her journey her character develops until she accepts a position as a tutor to a young girl called Adele the ward of Mr Edward Fairfax Rochester and goes to live at Thornfield Hall. But all is not as it seems. What is the dark secret Mr Rochester is hiding? Who or what else lurks in Thornfield Hall?
      Mr Rochester is gruff and imtimidating but Jane stands her ground and in doing so proves herself to be his equal. Mr Rochester's admiration of her is naively missed by Jane but as Mr Rochester and Jane grow closer will she discover the truth behind the sinister goings on and will this ruin everything?
      This fabulously gothic story has been the subject of several tv and movie adaptations with varying degrees of success, but ultimately nothing beats the book and the power of the readers imagination.

Comments

• More +
      30.08.2014 21:45
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "keyless chuck"
      • "easy to handle"
      • "nice weight"
      • "nice starter drill"

Disadvantages

• "batteries drain quickly"

Not one of makita best... but not one of its worse either...

It's your standard power drill shape, being like a gun, which is probably why men like to carry them around with them. The battery sits on the bottom, weighing the drill in the right place so that it can sit on the handle without toppling over. Up the handle there is the trigger, with a sliding button on the side of the handle which is the directional control, be it forward or reverse.
      Then there's the main body, with the motor at the rear and the chuck at the front. The chuck itself sits in front of the torque settings, 1 -16, and the drill/screw/hammer setting, both these settings are controlled on a ring motion, turn the ring, set the control. The chuck is a 13mm version, so make sure you get the right sized bits.
      Finally, on the top of the drill, there is the gear shift, which is a sliding switch and changes the pressure of the brushes when slid along.

It does come with a spare battery, which means 2 NiCD 18 volt rechargeable batteries so when one dies you've got another to crack on with. It houses an electronic brake so the chuck stops straight away.
      The battery slots into place using a simple clipping method, detaching by pressing the catches on either side of it.

This is not the best drill I have used, by far, in fact, for power to stamina ratio it falls far short of being in my top twenty. The batteries are quite quick to charge, (3 hours, which is pretty quick in the recharging world), but when you;re using Ni-CD batteries on a hammer drill then you know you're not going to get much time out of them. No wonder you get two with this drill.
      The drill itself is a good weight, even with the battery in place. It is nice to hold, with the handle having a bit of a soft feel where its needed most.
      The keyless chuck is easy to use and simple to operate, so there's no need to carry any special tools in order to change the bits.

The price I paid for this, including the spare battery, was around £40, and as it comes in a lovely plastic carry case it's not a bad hammer drill for those lower, less stressful jobs. But if you're a bricky, or just want to add a few hanging basket brackets to your outside wall then this is going to cause more frustration after a while.

Comments

• More +
      30.08.2014 20:14
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Room size"
      • "Value for Paris"

Disadvantages

• "Strange shuttle bus arrangements"
      • "Non existent telephone line"

Reasonable hotel for Paris

This Holiday Inn is good for Paris. The check in/ out was very quick and smooth and made very clear the location of the room. There are rooms with two double beds for 3/4 persons which is a surprise Paris, it is usually a double bed and an uncomfortable sofa bed. The room was a decent size however, could have been a bit bigger for 3 people. The bathroom was big and was nice but the soap and shampoo is in a dispenser, it is also available separately. The view was nothing special and was of a road. The facilities are not up to the usual Holiday Inn standard- no ice machine, no room upgrade for priority card holders or leisure facilities. There was a free desktop available which was useful.
      The breakfast was of a reasonable quality, orange juice from concentrate (not dilute!), eggs, cocktail sausages, fresh French bread, patisserie, yogurt , meat and cheeses and a limited amount of fresh and tinned fruit. The location isn’t excellent and is located in a residential area. The restaurant opposite Le Velodrome is good but the menu is limited. The transport into Paris isn’t too bad. There is a bus terminus opposite, so there is a good selection of buses to central Paris. Also the Metro is 10 yards from the front door of the hotel – Porte de Saint Cloud exit Rue Gudin. The minibar was well stocked however was very expensive, €3 for a bottle of water! It was 30 cents at the supermarket next door to the hotel. The Bar on the ground floor was quite small and the prices were the same in the minibar.
      The receptionist’s were helpful and polite. I think the full price of €260 per night is far too much for this 3 star hotel. If you book in advance you can get it for €113 including breakfast for 2. However, very inconveniently there was a €22 euro extra charge for 3rd and 4th person per night which does seem rather excessive. Another inconvenient aspect is that before arriving there, it is impossible to contact the hotel. The telephone number doesn’t work and play’s rotten music, what’s even worse is the charge which is 20p a minute and there is no e-mail address on the website. The information about shuttle buses on the website is incorrect. Overall the hotel is good Paris however could be better!

Comments

• VW Passat SE Estate 1.9SE TDI / Car / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      30.08.2014 20:08
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Powerful
      • "Good head height"
      • "Roomy cabin"

Disadvantages

• "High servicing costs"

A solid performer

The first thing you will notice as you enter the cabin is how much space there is compared to other estates and saloons. The headroom in both the front and the back is suitable for someone upto 6ft 7 inches. 4 persons can sit in the car comfortably, 5 can be done but the person in the middle at the back may feel a little uncomfortable. The spacious cabin also extends to the boot which can fit 3-4 large suitcases. From a practical point of view it scores very highly due to generous diemensions of the car.

Economy wise in real life you can obtain 60 mpg on a long motorway route, 45-50 on A roads and 30-35 on B roads. Whilst technology as advanced a little further now these are still very commendable figures considering the age of this model as well as a 1.9 engine and 130 bhp. It is an excellent balance of power and engine size and can accelerate up ascents that other less powerful cars would not be capable of.

The interior has lasted well with no wear and tear noticable. The paint work has suffered from some minor sunning and a little rust. The SE trim could be better equiped, though with the climate control and 6 disc changer extra option the car does feel more like an SE. Though the in board computer is an interesting and informative facility. When these cars were manufactured it was early days for satelite navigation technologies.

One disadvantage of this car is that VW dealership servicing can be expensive. There is often a long list of advisories. Sometimes servicing and MOT bills can reach thousands of pounds.Selected parts are subject to a price match scheme with other local garages. Sometimes they can let you hire a rental car for free if the bill is particularly large. Customer service is variable with some agents who are keen not to deliver the car to the house and another shouting just say yes in the background! Usually the car is cleaned prior to recieving it after the service.

Comments

• VW Golf Mk I (1978-84) / Car / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      More +
      30.08.2014 19:54
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Reliabiliy

Disadvantages

• "Bit heavy on steering"

Very satisfied with this car.

My last car came to the end of its days and i thought i would not buy another one. I then came into possession of this Mk 1 Golf driver. It is an automatic, which is better for me these days. I had never had a Volkswagen before. So i was new to the experience.

The first time i drove this car i had to go through London. Charming i thought, here i have a car i am not used to driving and now i am in London traffic. So here goes lets see what this car is made of. This car behaved impeccably and never gave me a bit of trouble in traffic or at lights.

Once i got out of London and on the motorway i opened her up. what a joy. i have had larger engines that this 1500. But this had all the power i needed on that motorway. You get the usual tailgaters that when they see an old car, they want to see what it can do.

The insurers say it is a 1550cc The log says 1559. I am really not bothered what they say. This is one comfortable car to drive. A bit heavy on the power steering compared to modern cars. But once you get used to it, i find that no problem. You certainly will not under steer with this one.

Suspension? i find i feel a few more bumps than some modern models. But once again nothing to bother about. I love this car and so does my wife, she gives it her seal of approval.

If i park in a supermarket, the car will arouse some interest. Some people who had one years ago will give it a good look and say. I had one of those, what a good car it is. Well i will say Amen to that!.

Comments

• PanOxyl Acnegel 5 / Skin Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      30.08.2014 19:35
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Quick drying"
      • "Feels lovely once dry"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Not seen a huge difference"

No drastic results.

After trying literally everything else that I've heard of, or could think of, to try and get somewhere with my skin, I came to this product.
      I find the cream really easy to apply, just make sure you follow the guidance on how much to put on. They aren't kidding when they say too much will not do. It just glides around your face before it gets crazy hard to rub in, and then it practically crumbles off as it rolls up into little balls.. Not what you need when you're trying to get ready for work! Less is more.
      I really just concentrate on problem areas, which might explain why I'm finding this product lasts so long, but believe me when I say I consider most of my face a problem area. I only really miss my forehead out, and apply everywhere else.
      The medicinal smell doesn't linger, and neither does the feeling that you've just put cream on your face. It's perfectly fine to apply make up once the product has dried, and there are no adverse effects to your choice of foundation either - I've tried full cover foundation, BB creams, CC creams, powder foundations, etc and all have gone on as expected.
      I have persisted with the cream just in case it's preventing breakouts, but I honestly haven't noticed that much of a difference in using it. I still get the same spots I would expect if I hadn't applied it, and don't feel like I'm combatting much with it.
      In conclusion, unless my skin suddenly flares up within a few weeks of running out, and convinces me that it's because I've stopped applying it, then I'll get it again, but as of now, I have no plans to continue use once my tube is empty.

Comments

• More +
      30.08.2014 19:16
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Great wood finish"
      • "Sleek and modern appearance"
      • "Brilliant solid storage "

Disadvantages

A great range, and not just for clothes!

This whole Ikea range is a great deal! I like the larger pieces of storage from this range more than I like the bedside tables (2 drawer storage set), I never tire of the versatility and sophistication of the four and six drawer sets. I think Ikea and Primark are those cheap stores you first discover at the start of your teens when you have your own money and want to make your own stamp on things. It definitely offers you the chance to update your space at a relatively low cost.
      The Malm drawers here are perfect for far more than just clothes - they're sturdy and sleek. You can store weighty items like books in them, because of the strong metal support brackets that run under each drawer (from front to back, and in the middle). I use the whole chest of drawers in my spare room as a craft station - keeping my craft books in, paper stock and card stock, stamps and inks, as well as the trays and trays of beads and cabochons. I've never had a drawer fall through yet.
      The bare wood finish looks and feels genuine, I've never had it flake or splinter off either, unlike the MDF drawers I previously had from MFI. The wood finish is my favourite, but you can take your pick really, work around colour schemes, and with a bit of internet scouring, it's pretty easy to find tutorials so you can paint them yourself too.
      I wouldn't recommend this range for the elderly - my mother is arthritic and struggles with opening this type of drawer, but I think they open and close pretty smoothly on their runners. I think it's perfect as well for transitioning tweens to teens, and the price is great for those first starting out on their own, or in rented accommodation/uni halls.

Comments

• Ikea Malm Chest: 2 Drawers / Furniture / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      30.08.2014 19:00
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Co-ordinating products"
      • "Very budget friendly"
      • "Different colour options"
      • "Attractive finish"
      • "Sturdy and reliable"

Disadvantages

• "Delivery/petrol costs to get to an Ikea"
      • "Slight 'hotel' feel to them"

Very versatile and reliable furniture.

These are a cracking deal! I think Ikea and Primark are those cheap stores you first discover at the start of your teens when you have your own money and want to make your own stamp on things. They definitely offer you the chance to update your space at relatively low cost.
      The Malm drawers here are perfect for bedside tables, they're sturdy and sleek. You can store whatever little secrets you like in the two drawers, and still have great space for a phone, alarm clock, glasses,night time drink etc on top.
      The only thing I've come to dislike about this arrangement is how much the lack of handles or drawer pulls makes me think of a hotel room. They sometimes come across as clinical. That might just be me though!
      The bare wood finish looks genuine, instead of the obvious MDF pieces you see in some stores, and is by far the nicest, but they do cater to different tastes and colour schemes, and with a bit of internet scouring, it's pretty easy to find tutorials so you can paint them yourself too.
      Even better when you consider the co-ordinating pieces of bedroom furniture they do.. Why go out and buy a whole new suite when you can paint over what you've got? The versatility is amazing.
      I wouldn't recommend this range for the elderly - my mother is arthritic and struggles with opening these drawers, but I definitely think it's perfect for transitioning tweens to teens, and the price is great for those first starting out on their own, or in rented accommodation/uni halls. Better yet, they will see you through to your next move too!

Comments

• More +
      30.08.2014 18:37
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Easy to apply with the tube"
      • "Smelled lovely"

Disadvantages

• Overpriced
      • "Made my lips look almost white"
      • "Left residue on my lips"
      • "Tasted unpleasant "

Good brand, not so good product.

I've been a massive fan of Nivea for some time, so back when this lip salve first came out, of course I bought it straight away.
      I loved that the case was pink, as a teen at the time I never really liked whipping out the blue or green Nivea lip care products in front of people, and when I first began to use it, it smelled gorgeous!
      Just a lovely, refreshing, cosmetic smell. But the taste didn't match up - when you rub your lips together to spread the gloss, it wasn't a nice taste that occurred. Ultimately, because of this, I ended up only using the gloss if i was desperate.
      It definitely had to be when I was going au naturale in the make up department too, because of the almost white shade it gave my lips. If I was wearing foundation too I looked a right state!
      I've found all of my Nivea products are long lasting, and this was no exception (on a use for use basis), so you won't find yourself buying them very often, even with daily use. This is reassuring but I still find the Pearl and Shine variety overpriced, purely because it has disadvantages that the other varieties don't.
      As a brand, Nivea may do wonderful things, and in the long run this product may too offer your lips protection and nourishment, but for me I would definitely opt for the original lip care (blue tube) or the medicated lip care (green tube).

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66065
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37432

* Prices may differ from that shown